Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 15, 2012 4:19 AM

Jun 2008
This felt like a bunch of anime mixed together. From Macross to Madoca to NGE to Infinity Stratos to Xenosaga to Guilty Gear etc. Crazy how much anime where coming into my mind.
The specific plot could have allowed them to make it more senien but the artwork and style is clearly in the non so serious style. If they are going for drama it would work mostly on kids because that jpop singing and sexy fighting staff feels strange. Songs weren't anything special ether.

Anyway this episode was kind of a roller-coaster trying to introduce us to the specific universe but keep action going at the same time so it can give a good shock value and make you come back. I can't say it fully succeeded but it could have gone completely terrible and confusing too and it avoided that.

Btw why did i get the feeling that the best character in this show died at the very first episode?
MonadJan 15, 2012 2:41 PM
Jan 15, 2012 5:45 AM
Jul 2011
Monad said:
Btw why did i get the feeling that the best character in this show died at the very first episode?

I know how you feel. She was really cool and plucky, and I was surprised by her death because she had that main character aura (and is listed as one).

I don't know how to feel about this yet. I just watched out of curiosity and had no specific expectations of it, so it can't really disappoint me. It looks like it might get a bit too depressing for my taste, but I'll give it a go.
Jan 19, 2012 8:06 PM

Feb 2010
drendren said:
What in the fuck did I just watch?!

Dropped, not interested anymore. Though not going to rated since I only watched 1 ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2012 4:35 PM

Feb 2010
z0mg. Love insert songs. All I have to say. BRING ME THE SONGSSS.
Jan 22, 2012 2:55 AM

Jul 2011
I should say this anime reminds of Mai-Otome. However it's more epic interesting and has a good essence. Also we can expect here a lot's good OST music
Jan 23, 2012 12:48 AM
Feb 2007
Aufwachenschlagen?!

._.
Jan 26, 2012 1:10 AM

Oct 2011
drendren said:

something really bad if the ep's contiue like this, it was a good opening ep as in a "grabber"
Monad said:
This felt like a bunch of anime mixed together. From Macross to Madoca to NGE to Infinity Stratos to Xenosaga to Guilty Gear etc. Crazy how much anime where coming into my mind.
The specific plot could have allowed them to make it more senien but the artwork and style is clearly in the non so serious style....

u can't judge based on 1 ep...
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Jan 28, 2012 2:32 AM

Jul 2011
WOW this is totally beyond my expectation!!!
Looking at the poster, i thought it was going to be one of the worst anime this winter, Two girls with big boobs, red and blue long shiny hair with ridiculous hairstyle, i thought it was absolutely a show only for otaku/nijikon with lots of fanservice.
but then i watch the first episode and i was like! holyshit that was so cool!!!!!!

Although i hate some of the character design, the man with that crazy eyebrow, the woman with bouncy boobs, and i hate the design of Tsubasa and Kanede, the animation is really good and the Noise is fine-looking. thank god hibiki and miku at least looked like normal people.
Jan 30, 2012 3:34 AM

Aug 2010
Well, they clearly aimed for making it awesome, but the script is really dragging it down. If it improves, it might become good. 3/5, I liked some of the music.
Feb 2, 2012 10:13 PM

Feb 2011
i really love the song of this episode both Kazenari and Kanade singing on stage, was shocked that Kanade leave on this episode. i guess maybe she will be back in later episode....

definitely love the music so 5/5 from me if possible i would add 10/10 instead :)
Feb 4, 2012 1:25 PM
Nov 2011
Am I the only one who thinks Hibiki's silhouette at the end looks awfully similar to the MC's Angel in Angellic Layer? (Coincidence perhaps?)
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 16, 2012 3:45 AM
Dec 2010
Wth! Did Kanade die already?! nooo! and y was that blonde-brownish hair girl just standing there? o.o
Mar 18, 2012 9:30 PM

Dec 2010
Holy crap interesting episode, but awesome ending!
Mar 30, 2012 10:24 PM

Nov 2011
Starting just today ^_^

I'm a sucker for music tbh and epic OSTs
May 30, 2013 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
This episode was full of win.

Dat animation made me jizz.
Jul 8, 2013 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
Marathoning this series so that I can watch the second season which just started airing ...

I really like the blending of music and action, very well-done first episode. The only complaint I have so far is that the little kid came out of absolutely nowhere. One moment she's walking alone to the store, then she comes across big piles of black ash ... then suddenly she's running through the streets with a 6-year-old. Where the hell did she come from? And is she going to disappear as quickly and without explanation as she appeared? Seems likely.
Jul 15, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
Blind_Guardian said:
Marathoning this series so that I can watch the second season which just started airing ...

Me too. I looked at the episode discussion for the first episode and noticed like 88% 5/5. I had to see why it was so high.

The animation is amazing. Love it, and it's interesting to me.
Oct 10, 2013 4:52 AM

May 2012
Wow just wow! This first episode had a lot of impact for me but really a lot! Such amazing development, background information and pace all together with an incredible action flow and even cliffhanger that was absolutely mind blowing good! Really from this first episode I'm really excited, so lets see what the story has to offer!
Oct 20, 2013 10:11 AM
Aug 2013
I really loved this episode. It was really sad Kanade died. I cried ,___,
-Let the fire of our hearts rage through the heavens
Nov 14, 2013 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Oh, let me understand, something beautiful can have this anime? Narratively you can not get a second to take stock of the situation, plot that starts without preparing a solid base from which to start. It's like saying: Ready to go! What! XD
All too confusing, nothing beautiful except for the BGM that may not like it, the rest is about as bad might have seen in an anime. Character design of the protagonists not exceptional drawings almost never decent, only in very few occcasioni. Character design of the monsters really ugly, but cosaè that stuff? D:
Scenarios nothing that I regret the productions PA Works also those of JC Staff.
No, we did not, more than 3/5 vote as I can not give, I give it right for the music! ^ ^ "
Nov 27, 2013 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Zwei-Wing's concert certainly gets my heart pumping!
Jan 1, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
"I'm tired. First day of school felt like a hundred climaxes in a row."

I don't know what to feel or think.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
How are you going to defeat an enemy called Noise ?

> By singing of course
Jul 23, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2011
Great start to the series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 26, 2014 9:38 PM

Feb 2014
Whoa, now that was a crazy episode. Very action packed!

But why did they say that Hibiki died right at the beginning of the episode? This topic confused me...Like, if she is a main character, then why would you say she dies right off the bat? It showed how she almost died 2 years prior to the opening clip, but then when it said "back to present" Hibiki and Miku were roomates at school. So did Hibiki actually die?? I'm super confused!

Anyway, this looks like a pretty cool mahou shoujo. Similar to Mai-Otome or Nanoha StrikerS imo, but the music aspect is interesting!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2014 11:32 PM

Feb 2013
That was unexpectedly good! I like it! Tsubasa was doing some Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance shit! Although I don't like that Kanade died in the first episode! Really!? C'mon! In the beginning it showed Hibiki's grave, so she dies later on? I hope not. Great episode!
Nano1124Oct 15, 2014 11:42 PM
Jan 18, 2015 7:59 PM

Nov 2009
Well that escalated quickly, That was an alright first episode.
Jun 18, 2015 11:51 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode :)

I started watching this since i finished Cross Ange and quickly became one of my favorite Animes in the mech genre.

Then i keep hearing how the series is very similar to Symphogear and even had Nana-san on it :)

Lots of deaths, transformation scenes with tons of moves. Very dark, but switches to light heart in a few moments.

Watching it on BD, since S3 is coming up this July, might as well catch up!

Songs are very catchy as expected from Nana-san :)

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Jul 15, 2015 3:47 PM

Feb 2015
Awesome start. Hope they keep this up, the songs are good.
Jul 27, 2015 3:56 AM

Aug 2013
man, that was a great way to start a series
btw why this got a low score?
maybe I'll found out later..
must marathon this to see the 3rd season
ciao
Oct 27, 2016 4:33 AM

Aug 2009
ricardo241 said:
drendren said:

Something called Anime
here's the link on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

apply cold water to burned area

but really... that escalated quickly

really sad to see kanade go... she probably would be my favorite character if she lived

fuck plot, kill people

my body not sure if ready
Jan 19, 2017 7:53 AM

Oct 2016
Kuromii said:
What the actual fuck did I just watch. I nearly cried when Kanade died because even with so little screen time she was fantastic. Tsubasa was completely useless in that fight; if she'd been more competent then Kanade may have not died ¬_¬
I'm sorry this was old but I am curious, are you fucking for real? Cried? I predicted it. this is garbage. I'll power through this and see if it gets better.
Jan 19, 2017 9:01 AM

Oct 2007
SeasonADay said:
Kuromii said:
What the actual fuck did I just watch. I nearly cried when Kanade died because even with so little screen time she was fantastic. Tsubasa was completely useless in that fight; if she'd been more competent then Kanade may have not died ¬_¬
I'm sorry this was old but I am curious, are you fucking for real? Cried? I predicted it. this is garbage. I'll power through this and see if it gets better.

Congrats on predicting it, I clearly didn't. Yes I'm for real, my apologies for having emotions. Fun fact: when I posted this in the beginning of 2012 I had crippling depression and would get too attached to anime/characters as a coping mechanism. I was a miserable young woman who would cry at almost anything. Sorry that offended you (?)

I'm not really sure what you want me to say about this?
Jan 19, 2017 9:22 AM

Oct 2016
Kuromii said:
SeasonADay said:

Congrats on predicting it, I clearly didn't. Yes I'm for real, my apologies for having emotions. Fun fact: when I posted this in the beginning of 2012 I had crippling depression and would get too attached to anime/characters as a coping mechanism. I was a miserable young woman who would cry at almost anything. Sorry that offended you (?)

I'm not really sure what you want me to say about this?

I'm sorry about your depression and I was just trying to say it was bad in my opinion. I think it is normal to get attached to well written and well developed anime characters.
Sep 4, 2017 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
Let me get this straight...an alien species has attacked Earth, and the only people who hold the power to take these slimy bastards down are idols? My god, this is campy.

I wasn't completely sold until the ending, in which our sweet innocent girl had an entire mecha system seemingly explode through her body as she evolved into some kind of super fighter. That was pretty awesome.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 27, 2017 9:32 AM
Sep 2015
This ep was so so rushed, anyway it was enjoyable.
I don't like blood, but since this is a mahou shoujo I don't mind it.
Oh, I also don't understand the usage of German words like 'zwei' and 'aufwachen' Tbh, I think they sound stupid, mahou shoujo shows usually use English words for concepts.
Dec 14, 2017 6:13 AM

Jun 2017
This is off to a good start, but I do have one complaint ... did they really foreshadow (or... flat out spoil) that Hibiki is going to die?!

I like this character, and I can't say I like the others just yet. If they kill Hibiki off without offering a lovable replacement I may just riot. Or stop watching, lol... well, it takes quite a bit for me to stop watching an anime, it has to be BAD bad, not just kinda bad... still, that would be a serious blow... so I hope it's just like how Naruto "dies" in that movie - and doesn't die at all. So far, though, this blows any of the Naruto movies out of the water, and nothing has even happened yet. Far more likable, so maybe I'll be able to take it if they actually do that.

...but not without protest...
Oct 21, 2018 4:08 AM

May 2016
Wow, now that's how you start off a series, animation is kinda choopy, but it will improve over time.

That cliffhanger tho...
Oct 26, 2018 5:17 AM

May 2016
This show felt like original AF.
Oct 27, 2018 12:47 PM

May 2016
Okay, gonna restart from episode 1 so that i can replay here again lol
Oct 31, 2018 4:20 PM

May 2016
mmm...unexpectedly interesting?
cant wait next

I'll say it like this. When 2012 was the year when newer anime's were being made. I never heard of this, JoJo and SAO at all :/

I love that cliffhanger ending. I love the start on it and gotta check more good content.

OST Is majestic.
Mar 15, 2019 7:28 AM

Mar 2016
Re-watching: I can't believe Hibiki is fucking dead.

I definitely didn't appreciate Kanade enough during my first watch. Best girl :(
Mar 28, 2019 1:00 PM

May 2016
Holy crap interesting episode, but awesome ending!

Starting just when it first came out ^_^

I'm a sucker for music tbh and epic OSTs

The character designs remind of those of Ygo and have high hope for this anime.
Mar 28, 2019 1:01 PM

May 2016
rewatching)

Zwei-Wing's concert certainly gets my heart pumping!
Jun 11, 2019 12:44 PM

May 2016
Gonna rewatch this show till XV starts say my goodbye later ;-;
Jun 25, 2019 1:16 PM

Dec 2012
Man, talk about a morbidly over the top beginning to a series. Definitely wasn't expecting this but I'm game. The combination of melody & combat reminds me of AKB0048. While there's certainly plenty of questions to naturally arise, I don't understand the opening scene with the girl going to Hibiki's tombstone and then in the next present day scene, they're all buddy-buddy at school. I guess I'll keep an open mind and sharp eyes for the time being.
Aug 24, 2019 3:28 PM

Jan 2018
it was aight I guess...
Sep 2, 2019 11:31 PM

May 2009
This was nothing like I expected. So much happened in one episode that I'm not sure what to think. I don't remember when was the last time I've seen so many deaths and destruction in the first episode. I wonder what the Noise actually are. Some people seem to be aware of their existence during the concert, but why would you go to a concert where they might appear?

That transformation at the end was amazing. I doubt she's getting her powers just by singing the song, that would just be too easy.

Bayek said:
I don't understand the opening scene with the girl going to Hibiki's tombstone and then in the next present day scene, they're all buddy-buddy at school. I guess I'll keep an open mind and sharp eyes for the time being.

I was really confused by that too. I guess the scene we saw in the beginning was actually further in the future maybe? It really feels like it's a mistake and they messed up by using present time.
Nov 2, 2019 10:10 AM

May 2016
This felt like a bunch of anime mixed together. Holy shit. This is epic!~

Episode 1 is by far the best way to start off modern anime for a new era in 2012 y'all

It even felt like YGO with out the card games.

So much happened in one episode that felt like a tornado hit the fandom by storm. lolz
Feb 13, 2020 6:54 PM

Sep 2018
I really did not understand what was happening this episode. It was entertaining though.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Feb 3, 2012

104 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 14, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cirris - Mar 30, 2012

151 by TheLyingSpectre »»
Mar 13, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 9, 2012

58 by IssunWriter993 »»
Feb 4, 10:16 PM

» New movie announced

Piromysl - Dec 1, 2023

3 by KanameYuuki »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 10, 2012

64 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.