Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2018 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the OP song is okay. Somewhat catchy enough.

So we got a story about a normal guy who is affected by this syndrome. There's some awkward scenes but I think the main selling point of the show so far is the mixture of bizarness and normlacy.

Got some of the other characters introduced already from this episode. Definitely going to have to get used to the way Mai looks in this show lol. Decent start so far.
Oct 3, 2018 10:51 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I don't know, the show has good and bad points. The story can be a bit weird, I will wait until the next episode to have a better idea about this anime

Oct 3, 2018 11:27 AM

Nov 2016
Not bad. Seems a bit unusual, but nice.

Like the subtle mystery vibe and the dry comedy. And Ishikawa Kaito is doing a good job as Azusagawa.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2018 11:31 AM
Nov 2016
I liked the weird vibe this anime gave out. The mystery aspect intrigued me a bit, too. I’ll watch a few more episodes just to determine whether this is something I’d watch all the way to the end.
Oct 3, 2018 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
Well so far it looks nice read a small part of the manga and it was pretty good to wasn't to surprised when this anime was announced.
It's the second title i picked up this season which so far seems a bit lacking but there are still a number of titles coming up.
As for the story it makes sense if you follow it.
Oct 3, 2018 12:03 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty fine, the show has its unique atmosphere.

The main character seems to be quite likable and of course the bunny girl, who's going to be the center of the show. Pretty interesting to see how their relationship will go from this.

Poor little sister...

I think it's going to be a somewhat enjoyable series.
MrMushinOct 3, 2018 12:07 PM
Oct 3, 2018 12:29 PM

Apr 2016
This was as bad as if it was a light novel adaptation, wait it is actually a light novel adaptation, well thats that. Looks like more shitier version of Oregairu and more edgyer version of that clasroom of elite or what was the name, which was bad as much as possible.

I mean look: MC - as bland as its get, but with "cool backstory" (he is fighter yeah chicks like that) and Imouto - ofc there must be imouto.
Oct 3, 2018 12:32 PM

Mar 2018
well that was decent. while the overall tone of the episode was mediocre, the writing is the opposite. goddamn it has some funny, pointy lines.
Oct 3, 2018 12:34 PM

Jan 2018
Interesting start. I like the comedy in this, it's funnier than I thought it would be.
Oct 3, 2018 12:39 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yes yes yes.

This has my full attention now. I really liked Oregairu, i feel the same about this episode since it had cool dialogue.

Sakuta and Mai are interesting characters, especially Sakuta. How he behaves and responds, it seems like nothing can really touch him.

The syndrome is actually a bit creepy to me, i jumped a little when his sister got the cuts. It makes sense why she shuts herself in from other people seeing her short backstory so far.

Damn good.
Oct 3, 2018 12:46 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a bunny girl only the mc can see curious. Mai seems to be the wary type that doesn't like people getting close to her. Sakuta and Mai sure have similar personalities and circumstances. The mysterious wounds that appeared on Kaede's body though was quite creepy. Looks like Mai's condition is getting worst. Quite the intriguing first episode that did a good job of introducing the two leads. Looks like it will be school based mixed with mystery.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2018 12:47 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not familiar with the source material, but I felt like this was somewhat rushed? Their relationship and level of confidence around each other seemed to improve in a matter of seconds.
Other than that I liked the MC's and the exploration of the syndrome. Let's see where they take this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 3, 2018 12:51 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty boring first episode and I hoped for more bunny girl :unamused:
Nice bait key pic
Oct 3, 2018 12:51 PM

Dec 2015
I feel conflicted. On one hand, this wasn't as painfully average as I expected it to be, and on the other, I can't bring myself to call this episode 'good' or 'satisfying'. However, it did manage to peak my curiosity and I somewhat look forward to seeing the next episode.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 3, 2018 12:52 PM
Jan 2016
I just want to say very good for the first episode. Can't wait for next week!
Oct 3, 2018 12:52 PM

May 2014
Man I feel like a fish out of water right now, that bunny girl bait was too stronk.
Oct 3, 2018 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Good first episode, kept my interest even though there was lots of talking.

I will definitely watch all the episodes and the movie and I hope it doesn't end there.
Oct 3, 2018 1:09 PM
Jan 2018
this series is a LN written by Hajime Kamoshida

who wrote Just Because! and The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Oct 3, 2018 1:12 PM
Aug 2017
The plot of this anime confuses me a little bit, so Im not sure what to think. I will deffintely watch some more episodes to see what this will be about.Might not be average as I think but will see. At least the first episode was premired good then,since seems like most of people won´t be dropping it after first episode.
Oct 3, 2018 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
That was fine start. Quite dialogue heavy and have some nonsense stuff which I have to get used to but the visual is so-so, could have benefitted from strong visual.
I am somewhat liking the little mystery vibes presented and the quick character development (kinda reminds me of Bakemonogatari!). Curious to see how the story develop from here.
removed-userOct 3, 2018 2:01 PM
Oct 3, 2018 1:13 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Somewhat interesting watch. I liked the mysterious odd vibe from the episode and the syndrome actually seems a lot more interesting than what I initially imagined from the synopsis. Sakuta’s and his sister’s case has piqued my curiosity, so I’m looking forward to seeing more explanation on that on a later note. Who would’ve thought the Bunny girl appearance was actually for a relatively fine reason, to some mundane extent? Op seemed catchy enough too, and likewise with the ED that played in the end.

Can’t say for sure at the moment, but I’ll probably be keeping up with this show.
_MushiRock11_Oct 3, 2018 7:46 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 3, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2016
You should ignore the cover and title of this anime because it's completely unrelated and just a clickbait.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 3, 2018 1:36 PM
Sep 2018
I'm liking the mystery aspect behind the show but I don't know much of what's going on so far. Otherwise a pretty interesting first episode and looking forward to next week's.
Oct 3, 2018 1:40 PM

Mar 2016
I guess it's to be expected that a show like this has a tedious first episode. Has promise I guess, as long as it doesn't continue to overexplain its premise and concept which was immediately understandable.
Oct 3, 2018 1:45 PM

Sep 2017
Looks better than I expected, given that I was expecting a typical LN adaptation.
It's somewhat impressive that they drew every passers-by with such distinctive features (yet the CG movement is still awkward.)
But the lackluster background art irritates me a bit.
Oct 3, 2018 1:45 PM
Jul 2014
That ending... don't tell me this is gonna have a sad ending.
Oct 3, 2018 1:50 PM

Dec 2008
Unleashed_SM said:
That ending... don't tell me this is gonna have a sad ending.

That was my first reaction after seeing it, it'd be pretty heavy-handed way of dealing with the matter, maybe creators try to double-cross audience's expectations.
Oct 3, 2018 1:56 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty nice first episode. Ngl based on the synopsis and such it seemed like the MC was just gonna be a beta cuck, but I actually enjoy him and his sense of humor.

Really liked the OST too. Judging by it seems it's gonna be more of an atmospheric approach rather than a light-hearted rom-com
Oct 3, 2018 2:37 PM

Jul 2017
Rundown:

Pros:
- Seems to have a high production value. That's always nice.
- Main character isn't quite as cliche as other MCs. He has some witty lines.
- The mystery has been established and set up nicely.
- Overall, it has a good premise.
Cons:
- Could do without the scene with the little sister in the beginning. Otherwise though, she's fine.
- I feel like we really didn't need to put in 2 additional characters at the very end of the episodes. Could have been saved for Episode 2.
- I don't think I heard any background music, at all. Granted, not every scene needs it, but something would be nice. (Maybe there was some, but I just didn't hear it.)
- The opening, while not bad, isn't all that memorable.

Overall, it seems like a good show. It seems to be aiming for a high school teenage mystery. Reminds me of an (inferior) Hyouka with sci-fi elements.
Episode 1: 7.7/10
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Oct 3, 2018 2:45 PM

May 2017
Another recent anime that I seem to like a lot more than everyone else, haha. I really like the couple's banter, I find it more relatable than something very pun and reference heavy like Bakemonogatari. You can all accuse me of shit taste now, but I mean it. Even if you speak Japanese enough to truly understand all the dialogue in Bakemonogatari, a show that I do enjoy by the way, the fact is that no one really talks like that and it can become a little exhausting, as everyone makes constant verbal detours just for the sake of being witty. Sometimes, I like to enjoy some honest, believable (supernatural plot conceits aside) conversation with a sprinkle of wry humor.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Oct 3, 2018 2:49 PM

Jan 2016
And here I thought that this was going to be the trashy fanservice heavy romance of the season, what a miss leading title and trailer.

I'm positively surprised great first episode. The only thing I found weird was that no soundtrack caught my attention, it's like the music was non-existent
Reminds me of Oregairu, which is one of my favorite of all time
Oct 3, 2018 2:55 PM
Mar 2017
Quite interesting this first episode, manages to call my curiosity.
Sakuta managed to give an air of mystery to this first episode with his narration.
I did not expect to see the Bunny girl in the first few minutes, the bunny costume looks great in Mai. I really liked Mai, her character and personality, the chemistry between her and Sakuta pleases me, maybe because he can see her when nobody else can do it.
The puberty syndrome call my curiosity, to know these three first cases, the one of Kaede, Sakuta and Mai, I am curious about other type of cases of this syndrome, Kaede´s case make me feel bad for her.
The classmate of Sakuta, the girl in glasses and lab coat I liked her design and personality and i want to see her more.
The last moments of the episode scared me for a second, I thought Mai had disappeared, but Ufff ... thank goodness that did not happen, but this incident gives me indications that Mai will disappear in the distant future (or near, I hope not)

PS: I'm curious about this Shoko that mentioned in the episode, will it be some girlfriend or girl who Sakuta liked ?
Oct 3, 2018 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
Idk why, but I liked it. But to be safe, I'll wait for at least 2-3 more eps
Oct 3, 2018 3:03 PM

Aug 2017
The first episode was weird. We have many mysteries to solve: Sakuta's incident, Kaede's wounds and Mai's invisibility.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2018 3:24 PM

Feb 2015
Solid if unspectacular start. The set up is sort of interesting? Shame that character designs are bland but they seem likable personality wise from what I can tell so far.
Oct 3, 2018 3:30 PM
Aug 2018
Where did everyone watch episode 1? I can’t seem to find it.
Oct 3, 2018 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
So basically if I had to demotivate this premiere with in one short phrase, it would be this: The Poor Man's Monogatari series. Rather underwhelming for a start in my eyes.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 3, 2018 3:34 PM

Jul 2017
First episode was good. I really enjoyed it. It isn't anywhere near perfect, but there is potential here.

I like the art too, which is something special for CloverWorks, who butchered Persona 5's art badly.
Oct 3, 2018 3:39 PM

Feb 2015
FireFistYK said:
And here I thought that this was going to be the trashy fanservice heavy romance of the season, what a miss leading title and trailer.

I'm positively surprised great first episode. The only thing I found weird was that no soundtrack caught my attention, it's like the music was non-existent
Reminds me of Oregairu, which is one of my favorite of all time

I'm pretty sure I noticed music, but it was mostly like ambient atmospheric type stuff.

But yeah, good shit. It would be nice if the visuals were a bit more interesting considering how dialogue heavy everything is, but I'll roll with it.
Oct 3, 2018 3:47 PM

Jul 2014
the story is good enough to keep me watching
the op song is too good
Oct 3, 2018 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
If this anime is going to be anything like this first episode...holy shit we're in for one hell of a ride. I thought this was one of the strongest first episodes of an anime I have seen in a while. Holy crap I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. The opening was really catchy and if that was the ending theme playing and not an insert song...<333 Jeeze Amazing.

I am really intrigued by Sakuta and how he got them Scars.

It started off with a SNAFU feel (thanks Brain base) and even had the little sister as well, but once they showed what happened to the sister and whats going on with Mai...damn man this show is goign to get deep and I am on board.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 3, 2018 3:51 PM

Mar 2017
Wow. It was pretty good. So far I'm really liking the MC's personality. Other characters seems interesting too. Animation was nice and the musics are well suited for this show. I'll be expecting great things.
Oct 3, 2018 4:08 PM

Jan 2018
watched this by curiosity. Had already heard about it from anitubers. Seen the first episode i think this could turn out good. It has a good vibe and slight mystery for a romcom. Animation was good except the 3D background characters, they thought no one would notice.
Oct 3, 2018 4:31 PM
Aug 2018
This one looks good, and the foreshadowing at the beginning intrigued me quite a bit. I’m looking forward to see where this goes, but I can kinda see it ending in a tragedy. I hope I’m wrong on that. So far it’s caught my interest and we’ll see how it goes from here on out.
Oct 3, 2018 4:37 PM

Jul 2017
This was a really good first episode. The mystery of the Puberty Syndrome intrigued me a lot and I want to know more.

EDIT: Changed my opinion of the OP. The OP's now stuck in my head... Really liking it now~ Can't talk about ED since I haven't seen or heard more of it.

Sakuta is quite a fun MC. He's already making me laugh with his words and actions. I really like his interactions with Mai, to the point that it didn't went stale. Mai is quite an interesting character. Though I need to watch more episodes so I can have a full understanding of her.

Who is this 'Shoko' people keep mentioning to Sakuta? Have to wait for the next episode then.

I heard about the bruises the little sister had because of the syndrome from fans who have read the LN but I didn't know it was that bad. I feel bad for her. I didn't expect Sakuta to have it as well.

People not being able to see Mai saddens me. Especially the fact that she can't buy any food because of it. So glad Sakuta went ahead and bought food for her.

So called the 'bunny girl outfit appearing in one scene only'. I mean, this is more of a 'Comedy, School, Romance, Mystery' kind of thing anyway. Sorry, ecchi fans~

Definitely going to watch this till the end. Hope this and the movie won't disappoint me~

EDIT: Favorite scene of the episode has to be when Mai is poking on Sakuta's scar and he felt erotic, to the point where she starts pinching him really hard~!
Mikura39Oct 7, 2018 9:06 PM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Oct 3, 2018 4:38 PM
Apr 2016
Gives off some oregairu x monogatari vibe. Nice
Oct 3, 2018 4:42 PM
Jan 2018
Did a pretty good job of establishing the characters, I read the source material so of course I'm gonna be a bit biased and a little harsher but that was good so far.
Oct 3, 2018 4:44 PM

May 2015
Decent start, and honestly one of the shows I've been looking forward to this season. Hopefully it won't disappoint, since the source material itself is pretty interesting and intriguing.

Oct 3, 2018 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
That was pretty good. Both main characters not freaking out with over the top reactions is a nice breath of fresh air in a high school romance story.
The sword that takes life gives life
Oct 3, 2018 4:50 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The look and feel of the show gave me Oregairu vibes but with a twist of supernatural aspects added in and I loved it

The two leads were great, his two friends are likable and the little sister is pretty cute....This whole Adolescence Syndrome thing is kinda weird but its weird in a good way, and I'm super intrigued to see where they take this phenomenon

Great first episode (Also, I'm shipping our two leads so hard lol)
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is no one talking about the dub being announced… No hype?

SorryNT - Aug 28

35 by Mystogan14579 »»
Sep 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

230 by Pepista »»
Sep 17, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

531 by ItsRizzmi »»
Sep 13, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

233 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 9, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2018

194 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 9, 7:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.