Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 8, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a beautiful night for camping. Rin using that phone and observing the overview of the city is really quite something.

I think the episode was fine, especially with the raw meat and other gimmicks thrown with the Yuru Camp vibe. Meat is love, meat is life. Such a cute dog photo :D
Mar 8, 2018 8:02 AM
Nov 2017
Bacon and beer.

Yes, please.
Mar 8, 2018 8:07 AM

Apr 2016
Girls are preparing for Christmas camping.

Next episode will be big.

Also the teacher, yes :D
Mar 8, 2018 8:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Oversleeping really caused problems for Rin huh. Still at least she managed to get there safely despite the darkness. But that campsite while offering a great view of the town sure was windy. Having tea and hot meat buns while admiring the amazing view sure looks nice. Still its nice that Rin decided to change her mind on the camping trip though. It was nice seeing the girls brainstorm about the Christmas camping trip though. Toba sensei sure got pushed on to the role of club adviser though. Still for Nadeshiko to be able to figure out who she was that was impressive of her. Looks like the trip will be pretty fun for them all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2018 8:15 AM

Nov 2016
Lol,the sketch on the phone,tho.

So hyped for the Christmas episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 8, 2018 8:16 AM

Jan 2012
Holy fuck, so their new adviser was that drunk lady? Seriously? I would have never made the connection, props to best-girl Nadeshiko! Meanwhile nice that Rin finally agreed to the Christmas camp trip. At last it arrives next week. It's just a shame this show didn't air last season. If it had next week's episode probably would've aired right around Christmas.
Mar 8, 2018 8:26 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAWAII >////////////<
Mar 8, 2018 8:33 AM

Apr 2010
Toba sensai get herself recruited in the camping club not that she is a stranger to camping anyway.
And they already found out about her drinking hobby.

Also the amount of Gyouza this episode made me hungry, that stuff is good.
Mar 8, 2018 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
Not sure do I like the addition of Toba sensei in the camp. The atmosphere is just different when there's a guardian around.

Finally we get to see all the girls camp together for christmas! I assume it is going to last for 2 episodes.
Mar 8, 2018 8:45 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode as always, the prepare for the final Christmas camp! The beginning was weirdly funny, that music, thought this was another anime. Rin's reactions, just can't get over it, especially how she was running after her stuff blown away =/ Surprised that she managed to catch/pick it back up.

Finally she will join them on the last camp and on good terms with Chiaki (i hope so). + Saito is coming with Chikuwa, she surely is prepared with that sleeping bag =/ Surprised that they uncovered who Toba-sensei before the actual camp, thought it would be a little Christmas surprise for them.

Christmas camp, can't wait!!!
Mar 8, 2018 8:46 AM

Apr 2017
I know it's been a while since Yuru Camp started airing but can we appreciate the voice actors' effort for a minute? I think dubbing this anime would completely ruin the essence of the characters (I've never been so happy with an static progression of messages in my entire life watching anime/films as I am with these cute lively voiced messages between the crew)

A decent episode (not great) with the purpose of stretching the relationship between every character (actively introducing the teacher). Looking forward for the Christmas camp staring everyone for the first time; It's been worth it waiting through this 10 episodes, pretty sure they won't disappoint us.
Mar 8, 2018 8:57 AM

Jul 2016
The episode picks right up where the last one left off. Rin overslept by a couple of hours, easily. Luckily, she was able to get to the campsite.

All of the girls are so excited for their Christmas camping trip. Rin is even lightening up and accepting a group camping offer. She can so straightforward and stubborn, but she lightens up. I wonder how the dog is going to behave on the trip. Toba san seems ok with going camping with them. She really is obsessed with beer, though. At least, Rin and Nadeshiko will reunite with the drunk lady, now. It was easy to tell it was her through context.

Just as many warm fuzzy feelings and laughs as always. Yuru Camp is solid proof that even the cute girls doing cute things genre can have a lot of originality, when it wants to have it.

Mar 8, 2018 9:02 AM

Sep 2017
Can we start the season 2 petitions already?
Mar 8, 2018 9:17 AM
Apr 2016
BaronBrixius said:
I join the petition
Mar 8, 2018 9:22 AM
Mar 2015
All for one and hole in one
Mar 8, 2018 9:30 AM

Jun 2015
Rin finally made it to the campsite. What a nice view. The girls are preparing for their Christmas camping trip. Looking forward to it.
Mar 8, 2018 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
Damn, I hadn't this relaxing feeling on sol anime since Flying Witch. What a blessing.
Mar 8, 2018 11:01 AM

Sep 2015
We shoud get a spin-off with booze sensei and Takunomi girls.
Mar 8, 2018 11:39 AM

Feb 2014
With the help from Chiaki, Rin was able to arrive at the campsite. Despite the wind being an absolute pain to her as she attempted to set up camp, which was really amusing, she eventually succeeded and chose a really nice spot at the campsite to enjoy her dinner and tea. =3

And thankfully, Rin has finally agreed to join the other girls with their Christmas camping trip. Although she might be a hardcore solo camper, there's a different type of enjoyment that you can only get if you camp with multiple friends. I'm sure she'll enjoy it. =)

Toba-sensei is now the adviser to the Outclub and Nadeshiko was able to recognise her pretty easily after Toba mentioned about bacon and beer. Her doodle message to Rin about Toba was pretty funny.

Two episodes left now. My cosy Thursdays are going to end, but it'll end on a high. I'm sure of it! =D

@FeR__ I do agree that the VA's for this show have been outstanding and if the show does get an English dub, the bar will be set pretty high for them to try and match it. The best English dub I've watched for a CGDCT type of show was K-on and I thought that they did an splendid job in capturing the joy and essence that the Japanese VA's had with that show.
Mar 8, 2018 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
The art of ending an episode with a plot twist. Didn't expect that coming XD.
Mar 8, 2018 12:18 PM

Dec 2017
That 45k yen camping bag probably costs more than all the equipment The Outdoor Activities Club have combined LOL.

'One for all, hole in one!' Nadeshiko and her golf terms heh.

Reina_OrikasaMar 8, 2018 8:20 PM
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Mar 8, 2018 12:25 PM

Mar 2014
FeR__ said:
I know it's been a while since Yuru Camp started airing but can we appreciate the voice actors' effort for a minute? I think dubbing this anime would completely ruin the essence of the characters (I've never been so happy with an static progression of messages in my entire life watching anime/films as I am with these cute lively voiced messages between the crew)

A decent episode (not great) with the purpose of stretching the relationship between every character (actively introducing the teacher). Looking forward for the Christmas camp staring everyone for the first time; It's been worth it waiting through this 10 episodes, pretty sure they won't disappoint us.

I totally agree, the voice actors make this anime truly enjoyable and pleasant. I especially like Yumiri Hanamori the VA of Nadeshiko in this series, well whaaaaat?!?! Just checked on the voice actors for a bit and Aki Toyoso VA of Aoi spoke Poppo from Anohana! Whaaaaaat?!? Wow, wouldn't have expected that. I totally hear Nakochi von Hanasaku Iroha in her, though. x3 And Iori from Kokoro Connect, too?!? Whats up with this voice actress, she totally spoke some characters I like. Ebisu from Noragami, too? Sweet Bonbori. <3 And many, many more. Aki Toyoso seems to be a powerhouse of a voice actress. Nao Touyama VA of Rin is probably setting a record on most characters spoken in the same series. x3

Thanks for pointing it out. I wasn't aware. I was just enjoying watching/hearing it. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2018 12:56 PM
Mar 2016
even look like rushed episode
but still very Enjoyable
BGM always so good!
Mar 8, 2018 12:59 PM

Nov 2007
This anime somehow became my fave this season? (sorry antarctica??) and i had absolutely zero expectations and started to watch it completely on a whim
i really need second season
Mar 8, 2018 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
Poor Rin chasing after her own tent has made my day XD
Mar 8, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
Next week is the most awaited one.
Mar 8, 2018 1:31 PM

May 2017
animefantgn said:
BaronBrixius said:
I join the petition

Yup, I'll join too.
Mar 8, 2018 2:40 PM

Apr 2012
my face when watching this episode
Mar 8, 2018 2:41 PM

Oct 2014
Drunk teacher camping with her students, huh?

Mar 8, 2018 2:53 PM
Dec 2017
Soundtrack was a lot different in the first part of the episode, sounded like an action lol. But maaaan that food looked tasty! Also its always good to see Rin warming up to the idea of group camping. I can tell what's in store for her is gonna be a blast!! Oh yeah and the teacher being the drunk lady threw me off, funny twist and an interesting development.
Mar 8, 2018 2:56 PM
Dec 2017
-Bach said:
animefantgn said:
I join the petition

Yup, I'll join too.

Its got my vote too. Let the comf never end!
Mar 8, 2018 2:59 PM
Dec 2017
Black_wind said:
This anime somehow became my fave this season? (sorry antarctica??) and i had absolutely zero expectations and started to watch it completely on a whim
i really need second season

I agree. Sora Yori has managed to take my breath away episode after episode but sometimes you just want to sit back and relax and I've never seen an anime that's done this as well as Yuru Camp. I went into this show pretty skeptical since I heard about it quite a ways before the winter season but needless to say its probably one of the most fun experiences I've had this season.
Mar 8, 2018 3:08 PM

Oct 2010
This was a great episode as usual but not one of the greatest. I think my main issue was the lack of an effective portrayal of Rin's solo camping moments. There are enough narrative circumstances to justify this: she is VERY late, it is a windy place and it takes her a lot of time to set and it's kind of stressful with all the problems she had to get there and prepare the tent but there wasn't much focus on her relaxation, as opposed to the huge amount of focus on her journey there. Particularly, the sequence where the nocturnal views are featured prominently felt kind of forgettable in contrast with how these kinds of scenes are displayed usually in this series, with not enough emphasis, like the episode was in a rush there and trying to prioritize other elements of the narrative, in this case the preparations for the Christmas camping.

It is an understandable approach taking into account that the show is trying to build up the experience of this Christmas camping and I'm fine that it takes priorities with that, but it's inevitable that some parts of this episode seemed a little too pushed to the side in contrast, and particularly the lack of proper focus on the visual identity of the campsite didn't feel quite right.

Because everything else is wonderful as usual. The comedy, the character quirks and the interactions in this series are flawless to a level I find difficult to believe. Everything works so well with these characters, they act natural, they have a charm that doesn't feel induced or artificial, and the jokes are genuinely funny and have some excellent timing. They never overstay their welcome, they are not overexplained or overemphasized, they match the characters and their own quirks while not feeling self-absorbed.

The music in this episode... was quite interesting. It seems they went a rather unconventional route this time. The very first scene opened with an action track and it was hilarious xD, but later they used some other quiet tracks for comedy... and they surprisingly get it really well. And the voice acting is the true unsung hero(ine) of this show indeed. Though I have to say that Aoi in her first scene here sounded a little erratic to me, but the performances are usually so top notch. Nadeshiko's VA gets everything right about her character and I'm amazed every week by how well she performs. Same with Nao Touyama as Rin, she is flawless and adds a lot of charm. Same with the other characters: Chiaki's mix of energetic and insecure, Aoi's hyper-quiet and relaxing talk and Saitou's laid-back cuteness. The seiyuu work here is top tier, and yes, due to the amount of texting, it is really delivering.

The next episode seems like it will be the beginning of the Christmas camp and it is honestly the best final arc this season is going to have. I'm so hyped with these last two episodes, seriously. They got Saitou, they got Rin, they got Chikuwa, they got... Toba-sensei? This can't go wrong.

Petalview said:
Just checked on the voice actors for a bit and Aki Toyoso VA of Aoi spoke Poppo from Anohana! Whaaaaaat?!? Wow, wouldn't have expected that.

I'm assuming that she voiced Poppo as a child in the flashbacks.
jal90Mar 8, 2018 3:11 PM
Mar 8, 2018 3:11 PM

Nov 2007
Yet another laid back awesome episode! Makes me kind of sad that only two episodes remain. :|

Reina_Orikasa said:
That 45k yen camping bag probably costs more than all the equipment The Outdoor Activities Club have combined LOL.

Not to mention it's one of a kind. I have never seen a sleeping bag with Cofort level of -10°C. I wonder how comfortable it will actually be! :D

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 8, 2018 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
Man this episode started out intense and looks like Rin is warming up to do a group camping. I can definitely see her in the season finale joining the outdoors club.
Mar 8, 2018 4:59 PM

May 2015
LOL, that ending. That had me laughing XD.

Great episode as usual.

Mar 8, 2018 5:32 PM

Sep 2016
The first 30 seconds was so intense with that music, it was unexpectedly funny.
Mar 8, 2018 6:07 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Rin-chan as adorable as always. <3

I knew the drunk teacher would end up their advisor. xD
Really looking forward to the big Christmas camping trip especially since it's gonna be the first full group outing now that Rin-chan is joining in. :D
Mar 8, 2018 6:11 PM
Feb 2018
Nooooo 1 week waiting agaiin, this anime so awesome, 2 episode left:(
Mar 8, 2018 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
Gotta love Rin's pictures of her camping landscapes.
Hahahahahah poor teacher xD At least they all have something in common, and that is love for camping.
That ending xD

Oh and let's not forget this moment xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 8, 2018 6:41 PM

Oct 2013
Great to see Rin continue with her camping. The end segment of last ep gave me the impression she had turned back, but I assume that brief school interaction was just a memory of her's.

Night camping all alone would freak me out. The forests in my region are spooky at night. There are cauldron bogs, swamps, rock formations deposited during the Ice Age, and all sorts of other things that give one the impression of the place being haunted. Even worse, I grew up near a settlement that was massacred during the War for Independence. Even in the day it can raise the hair on the back of your neck. hahaha. Rin is brave.

Toba-sensei ends up conscripted as the Camping Club's adviser when Hiking-sensei runs off. It was funny when Nadeshiko sketched Toba's hoodie, glasses, blush, and bottle and texted it to Rin.

Chiaki is now a very good character. I hope if a season 2 occurs we get to see more of her.
Mar 8, 2018 7:39 PM
Jan 2018
Yet another amazing episode of Yuru Camp! Shimarin's so called mess up did make the episode quite funny. And we finally get to see the drunk camper as the advisor of the Outdoor club! Plus, with Shimarin agreeing to camp with the others, the next episode beckons to be another great one! This anime definitely deserves a season 2!
Mar 8, 2018 8:28 PM

Nov 2009
i need the girls in santa hats in the next two weeks
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Mar 8, 2018 8:45 PM
Feb 2018
do you think there is enough material from manga to adapt season 2?
Mar 8, 2018 8:55 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
"What do you want, Jerk?"

Fuck I laughed. This small, quick nod to the previous episode is just one example of why I find this whole series so endearing.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Mar 8, 2018 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
Yo Nadeshiko figuring out Toba sensei was the Drunk woman had me in tears!

There were also a lot of quick funny moments as well. Rin and the dog. "What do you want jerk?" and then The dog with the "Im awake" face lol.

The part that had me laughing the most was "Meat Meat Meat"
"That will be 4000 yen"
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 8, 2018 10:26 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nadeshiko such an observant one even if she doesn’t show it.
The way she figured out who the drunk lady was lol
Next week shall be even better. Fun episode overall

Mar 8, 2018 10:42 PM

May 2014
Great episode It continues with Rin's Journey I really laugh when the wind blows her tent and other items

"One for All, Hole on One" Nadeshiko's new qoute xD

couldnt wait for the christmas camping trip

Season 2 when?
I hope the Yuru Camp Special episode focus on them camping
Mar 8, 2018 11:27 PM

Nov 2009

mfw the realization that there are only two episodes left hits

one of the best cute girls shows ever, you can trust me, i'm a certified expert
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Mar 9, 2018 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
Nice episode.
So Toba-sensei, their new club adviser is the drunk lady that they have seen on the past episodes? oh coincidence small world!
I noticed that Shimarin is going alone outside in total darkness, is she aware or consider the fact that there might be some sexual predators out there? or is Japan really a safe zone after all?
4/5.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Yuru Camp the most popular anime in this season! xD

Lolikon_Extrem - Mar 11, 2018

14 by Zedlin »»
May 18, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

288 by FranqitoH »»
Apr 12, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

133 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

107 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 10, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

106 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 8:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.