3It was OK
12.5%
2Disliked it
2.8%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.3
1,125 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2023 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
The animation quality of this anime has a realistic feel despite how it was promoted by the visuals.

Some of it takes place at a working environment, which imo is more refreshing. This was a very wholesome episode imo once we get to see the cat. I mean, yeah it's an oversized cat but I like the voice acting and protrayal of the character. Neat start. Saku also seems like a very likable character.

Jul 2017
The 2nd GoHands show of the season adapting mangaka Hitsuji Yamada's anthropomorphic SoL supernatural comedy, the infamous studio has finally taken 2 shows in its mantle in a season! What an achievement, hooray for GoHands!

The female MC Saku Fukuzawa looking up "the world's biggest cat" at work, she's found out her by her Kouhai of Yuri Shibasaki speaking about marriage, though her bento lunch was prepared by one: a big, oversized, black depressed cat by the name of Yukichi, who does not talk and takes cares of Saku all on its own, fulfilling her needs and wants, like cooking cheese gyoza in the late of the night while throwing her completely frozen dinner. Saku just doesn't care, and marriage is not on her mind.

A brand-new day, and Yukichi prepares Saku's breakfast as per usual, though how it wakes her up...is nothing short of hilarious by crushing her lols. As much as Saku doesn't want to go to work because of the tolling meetings, Yukichi comforts her...and shuts her out of their apartment, then it can do housework. It's lunchtime, and Yukichi tunes into TV to hear of recipes, with intense focus and memorization. The late afternoon washing the bath while hating water, and Yukichi prepares Saku's dinner as per usual, though with a call that she doesn't need dinner, whcih irritates Yukichi. The true reality is that Saku's company is working around the clock, but because she did not want to worry Yukichi, Saku kicks into overdrive.

The neko chigura/tsugura a.k.a cat bed, Yuri doesn't need it, but giving it to Yukichi doesn't matter bceause he can't fit, so he made a gift for Yuri while earning Saku's spite in the process. Though Saku's colleagues are envious of her, they must not know the truth, and Saku has to be a blatant liar in front of them. Though her chief of Kaoru Orizuka claims that he's seen Yukichi before, it's a frightening aspect if it's true.

Yukichi going out of the apartment to take out the trash, and meets a neighbour grandmother who is grateful that it acts as a protector against scavengers rummaging through rubbish. Remembering the time when Saku brought Yukichi back when it was just a small cat, the grandmother gives Yukichi a box of dried seaweed which it likes. And with that, Yukichi makes seaweed chicken meatballs, which Saku finishes without a thought, and Yukichi tossing a scale onto Saku, it'll know how to make calorie-light diet meals for her based on her weight.

A pleasant little series that I can see myself just having fun with!
KANLen09Jul 7, 2023 12:19 PM

Nov 2007
I thought it would be a short anime, but it was regular 30 mins. anime. Nonetheless, it's a nice relaxing series. and it would be 2nd GoHands anime I'm watching (besides Suki na ko ga Megane wo Wasureta) recognized due to that same camera angle from K series.

Theme songs were not aired this ep.

2:38 JST next
tsubasaloverJul 7, 2023 6:36 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 7, 2023 10:55 AM

Dec 2021
GoHands going two for two this season? It's great to see them handle two productions after their massive break, and this time instead of a story revolving around a boy and girl, its a girl and a cat a big one at that.

Our main protagonist Saku, took in a stray black cat. This cat is legit the the equivalent of a housekeeping maid or butler I guess. But Yukichi, a giant cat who towers over Saku, is not your ordinary feline, he loves work and cares deeply for Saku and pushes her to wake up and go to work, somewhat like a father figure to our dear Saku 

This series feels like a Saturday morning cartoon I gotta say, and it definitely has decent humor that made me chuckle a bit. The animation is definitely your typical and over the top GoHands animation with its 3D visuals and unique camera movements along with the animation direction itself. 

In conclusion, this first episode is a captivating start to what seems to be an emotionally engaging series. With its unique animation, heartfelt storytelling, and charming characters, this show has all the elements to become a standout hit.

I can tell that with this bond between Saku and Yukichi will definitely grow in the coming weeks and I'm here for it. It's definitely an anime worth keeping an eye on.
IzanaSolosJul 7, 2023 11:11 AM

Jul 7, 2023 11:00 AM

Feb 2020
Nya! What a a hilarious start. :)

Great looking animation and interesting camera angles. Those definitely came as a big surprise.

That flashback of little Yukichi was very cute.

SerafosJul 7, 2023 1:29 PM
Jul 7, 2023 12:00 PM
May 2023
Where are other people watching the eps earlier?
Jul 7, 2023 12:03 PM
Jul 2020
NotNororious said:

they are probably watching the TV telecast

while you can find stream on twitch or something, the episodes are raw and we have to wait for people to sub it and release
Jul 7, 2023 12:04 PM

Feb 2019
Nah I would hate to work for Gohands cause I know they be locking the staff in the office for weeks and not letting them go home lmaoo. I love their style so much but damn I know it’s gotta be painful to animate. Between this and Sukimega it had to be hell.

That opening sequence really felt like a tech demo for how good anime can be. I like it tho. The photorealistic Audi scene, the train, the birds, just gorgeous.

2 mins in and I’m hooked

Nah she’s so pretty wtf

Really cute and wholesome premise, cute girls, office setting, I like it. Fridays are so packed this season man I love it
Marinate1016Jul 7, 2023 12:25 PM
Jul 7, 2023 12:06 PM
May 2023
SATAN19 said:
NotNororious said:

they are probably watching the TV telecast

while you can find stream on twitch or something, the episodes are raw and we have to wait for people to sub it and release

Oh ty that do makes more sense
Jul 7, 2023 12:13 PM
Oct 2021
at first i was unsure with the main premise but surprisingly enjoyed this ep. thought they were gonna make it quite weird at the start but luckily they didn’t
Jul 7, 2023 12:26 PM

Mar 2021
This was an amazing and hilarious opening episode the animation is just fantastic
Jul 7, 2023 12:38 PM
Dec 2021
decent episode, enjoyed it.
Jul 7, 2023 12:39 PM

Aug 2008
I doubt I'll care about any of the characters but it looks so good it's worth watching just for that alone. Now I understand why Suki na Ko had such awful looking first episode - all of the effort went into this series instead and I'm completely fine with that. The other series will suck one way or the other, since it's just not suitable for animation. This one can be mildly entertaining, so if they keep the animation quality it might be the dark horse of this season.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 7, 2023 12:45 PM
Jun 2022
Antanaru said:
I doubt I'll care about any of the characters but it looks so good it's worth watching just for that alone. Now I understand why Suki na Ko had such awful looking first episode - all of the effort went into this series instead and I'm completely fine with that. The other series will suck one way or the other, since it's just not suitable for animation. This one can be mildly entertaining, so if they keep the animation quality it might be the dark horse of this season.

I think the production for the two is already finished. so the animation quality would be the same. [ Leaked by a trusted leaker]
Jul 7, 2023 1:17 PM

Nov 2016
Yozoroa grew up lmao

Kawaisugi replacement + more weird came movements and angles. GoHands going crazy this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2023 1:56 PM
Aug 2020
to chill, it's not bad, the cat is funny, i'm more interested to watch the cat than the girl...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 7, 2023 2:39 PM

Apr 2022
I love this so much, but it's really unrealistic since the cat is nice to his owner
Jul 7, 2023 2:53 PM
Dec 2018
This is amazing! Best pilot of this season <3
Jul 7, 2023 2:59 PM

Jun 2017
Dayumn, this studio really loves flexing their reflections but I can't fault them for it. Their blending of 3D with 2D is really good.

It's funny the boss drives an Audi Le Mans Quattro (also knows as R8) but they work in a small office with ghetto ceiling while also being inefficent as heck (proven by the tons of pointless paper waste).
Such is the wagie life I guess, I live it too after all. (lmao)

The demand for cat boys will sure go up from this.....
Jul 7, 2023 3:02 PM
Jul 2016
Why is it so...glossy...?

Anyway, dream husband. Boys, take note. ;)
Jul 7, 2023 3:35 PM

Dec 2016
And here I thought based on the key art this would be just some meme cat anime with very limited animation. GoHands are killing this season with their titles in terms of animation for slice of life.

As someone that's a huge aficionado for non standarized framing in cuts, this show really puts a hell a lot of work to make ordinary scenes look stunning both in animation and also artwork (the opening scene with the food preparation it was almost ghibli like).

I really dig the 2 main characters, the taciturn cat and the overworked but joyful office lady Saku.

I'm already waiting for the armchair animators from this place calling how GoHands messed up stuff like light sources or the use of incorrect textures on walls because they have nothing else to nag on this show.
KimurahJul 7, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 7, 2023 4:20 PM
Mar 2021
loved this slice of life office anime. the wholesome dynamic between the 2 is so nice. I'm gonna enjoy thisnone
Jul 7, 2023 4:42 PM

May 2014
I think Gohands did a much better job of this first episode than with Glasses girl this season. Looks really great! I'm a big fan of the manga, so seeing it animated to this level of quality is really cool. It seemed like the kind of thing what would get given to some random studio with 5 minute long episodes. I'm glad that's not the case.

One of my favourites this season by far. This and Dark Gathering are my jam~
Jul 7, 2023 5:19 PM

Jul 2011
GoHands is truly throwing hands this season.

Now I want to know how everyone see Yukichi. The landlady knows that is a cat, but I wonder if other people sees as a eccentric person in a fursuit.
Jul 7, 2023 5:27 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Very cute fluff between Yukichi and Saku, their relationship is funny and adorable. I am surprised that Yukichio does actually go out of the house tbh. 

Personally this ep wasn't as offensive on the eyes like the first ep of the glasses girl anime but this is still GoHands after all. 
Jul 7, 2023 6:13 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
I knew next to nothing about this show before starting it, especially since I didn't watch any trailers, so I wasn't expecting to like this first episode as much as I did. I thought it would probably be fun based on the KV and the title, but I'm definitely hooked. It's also cool to see Ishikawa Yui voicing a character with quite a different personality and energy level than a lot of the characters she typically plays.

Jul 7, 2023 6:19 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is likely gonna be one of my favorite shows of the season lol
Jul 7, 2023 6:36 PM

Jan 2022
Well, I'll be damned, an anime I can recommend to women who are becoming crazy cat ladies. but jokes aside, there is so much to unpack!!! anit no way in hell I'm living with a cat that big!!! no matter how good the food is!! No excuse. Aside from that, the dynamic of the characters is interesting. They act like a couple. Supporting one another and have a great relationship( if I can even call it a relationship) . It's funny how they bring up marriage and dating in the office. I'm guessing it's going to be a Cinderella type story where she gets to be with her boss.

Also, is this the same studio that worked on the K project anime? the styles are so similar in terms of art. Even the sound tracks have the same feel. All in all, I was entertained and taken back. (but low-key if she's into big black
... nvm)
Jul 7, 2023 6:43 PM

Apr 2022
oh my daysss GoHands killing it with not one, but two shows in the same season, madness!! visuals, camera movement, music, all great again just like with the glasses girl one.
i was not expecting to like this much but damn this is wayyy better than i expected. yukichi's routine is so good and that taking a sip on his drink while watching cooking shows lifestyle is so relaxing lmao. saku is pretty fun as well, her food always looked great, thanks to yukichi. that ending was cute as well. 
a very solid first episode all round, gonna look forward to the rest of this.
Jul 7, 2023 6:57 PM
May 2022
It's about a girl and her pussy.
My mal account is not working properly. In the last 24 hours, there isn't showing any forum discussion.  What should I do?! 
Jul 7, 2023 7:47 PM
Oct 2020
Forget a girlfriend or a wife what I need is a cat like Yukichi that cooks delicious food everyday. It doesn't even need to be a cat! Just someone to take care of hopeless me! Maybe I could even start a diet and slim down!
Jul 7, 2023 8:10 PM

Nov 2012
I did not expect to like this at all. It was a pleasant surprise. I love the role reversal when she's home. She's the pet.  Yukichi has a pet puppy.
Jul 7, 2023 8:39 PM

Jun 2019
What a smart cat, nothing like my dumb cat.
Jul 7, 2023 8:48 PM

Oct 2008
WOW the animation had no business being this good. And Yukichi is sooo amazing his meals look delicious and he has great manners. I wasn’t originally gonna watch this, but I’m glad I did!
Jul 7, 2023 9:01 PM
Feb 2016
Muy buen inicio. Me gusto mucho el primer capitulo

Jul 7, 2023 9:56 PM

Nov 2018
They just can't help themselves with the janky camera angles and weird FoV warped shots, huh?
Jul 7, 2023 9:58 PM

Mar 2007
Talk about the ideal, dream cat-panion! At the end of this episode, I looked at both my cats and said "if I can adopt a cat like THAT one, y'all are FIRED!"

Jul 7, 2023 10:50 PM

Jan 2021
I feel a bit weird about the camera direction/angle but it's quite fun. If every morning our cat wakes us up to ask for food, Yukichi wakes Saku up to feed her a warm home-cooked meal :'D

I wonder how her co-workers will react if they find out that Saku is not the one taking care of her cat but it's her cat taking care of her!

Jul 7, 2023 11:06 PM
Oct 2019
I need Yukichi in my life, he must be so unbelievably fluffy.
Jul 7, 2023 11:25 PM

May 2015
I should admit the first episode was a lot better than I expected it to be, it hit a sweet, comfy spot. The japanese prone to go overboard with their love for cats! That there is demand for an anime like this, and that they were willing to spend so much effort on the CGI makes it clear how much a cat can sell a story.

I happened to watch Suzume no Tojamari yesterday and there too of course one of the main characters were a mischievous cat.

MiaAyende said:
They just can't help themselves with the janky camera angles and weird FoV warped shots, huh?

Yeah, it seems a new fad, it was more extremely used in an other seasonal "The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses". What actually makes me happy is that the cost of "good quality CGI" seems to have dropped so much that an obscure anime like this can afford the abundant use of it. "Good quality CGI" of course doesn't equal to aesthetically pleasing all the time and can still be janky without good animation direction, and there are still these weird shots that make it seem like they are still in the experimental phase. But all that considered they seem to be going in a good direction.
IshitatesoJul 8, 2023 2:22 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jul 7, 2023 11:38 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Slipping while sleepy lol we all been there. Animation's pretty sharp here. Nice contrast in transport though when it came to the characters. Getting home at 11pm sure is pretty harsh. Still thats pretty impressive in that a cat is the one that's making her lunches and managing the apartment. Who knew that the click of a tongue would be such a great motivator. Looks like there's no need to fear of scaring the neighbours at all. Overall a pretty fun opening premise that's quite unique. Kinda a mix of slice of life and comedy but one that has quite the cast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2023 11:53 PM

Jul 2021
Back to watching GoHands cinema. This is not so bad, compared to uh, yeah not even gonna mention it, because if I know, then so do you. I want more of Yukichi's cooking!
Jul 7, 2023 11:55 PM
Oct 2021
No fair 😭😭 I want a Yukichi too, please feed me and clean my house 😭
Jul 8, 2023 12:59 AM

Sep 2018
GoHands at it again, was not expecting to see two airing anime from that studio. Looks better than their other project this season. Here I am with my eating my basic spag bol, humbling watching a fucking cat cook a better dinner than you lol
Jul 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Jun 2015
At first I thought maybe she was having a fever dream or it was an introspective look at someone working so hard they were doing stuff they didnt remember. Then the little girl in the ally seen MC and thought he might be a bear rug. Then I thought to myself lets gooo! This can only get wilder. And we had a bit of flash back when Yukichi was talking to the old lady from when best cat first turned up and was little.

This show is shaping up to be very fun! Love it
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 8, 2023 1:50 AM

Jun 2021
What a huge cat! Saku is so lucky to have a caring cat like Yukichi.
This will likely be one of my comfort anime this season.
Jul 8, 2023 2:03 AM
Dec 2017
Is this a survival strategy from GoHands after that scandal with Tokyo Babylon - grabbing as much work as possible? Surprised that they survived it at all, things like that can ruin any studio.
Jul 8, 2023 2:16 AM

Mar 2008
I really didnt expect the show to look like this but that's a pleasant surprise. Though I hate CG cars they always look weird when moving among other animation styles near by. It worked good on the city overhead because everything was CG there.

Damn some of that food does look good.

I like how Yukichi weighed her the way you weigh your pets at home lol
Jul 8, 2023 2:17 AM
Apr 2018
This anime is unexpected good holy
Jul 8, 2023 2:18 AM
Feb 2021
Antanaru said:

You're probably right because this office worker series of theirs doesn't look jarring than the other. Probably because they kept their signature camera angles to minimal amounts, and the writing of source material doesn't have flippant vibes, I think.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2023

42 by iamlegion804 »»
Sep 14, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

74 by masterchiefcarl »»
Aug 27, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2023

45 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 16, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2023

56 by rmcold »»
Jul 24, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2023

40 by hurricane567 »»
May 1, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.