3It was OK
13.8%
2Disliked it
3.4%
1Hated it
5.6%
Average 4.2
232 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm actually kinda amused that Taiyou is trapped even though it looks really uncomfortable. He's been creepy when around Shio in the first place.

Satou's aunt makes her reappearance again and not a pleasant sight to see. However, I think it's interesting to see Satou's life as a kid. Back then, it seems her aunt's behavior is just as bizarre as the present day.

One more episode to go and I can't wait. I'm curious how they'll wrap up this but I'd hate to be someone like Taiyou. What a sweet kiss at the end :3
Sep 21, 2018 10:36 AM
Aug 2018
Nice episode :D I just can't get enough of Satou aunt's appearance. Full of mystery, great expression, nice VA, intelligent, twisted but really she has done nothing outrageous like many other characters.

I was surprised they can progress so fast and already on manga ch.37. As the manga is still not yet finish, I wonder how will the anime end in the next episode. Would it be the burning Rm 1208 just like the start of episode 1? Can't wait!!
Sep 21, 2018 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
Another excellent episode as we approach the finale. Mitsuboshi has the most miserable luck of anyone on earth. Shio-Chan and Satou sure are cute.
Sep 21, 2018 12:07 PM

Jan 2017
Seriously, fuck the aunt. They did a complete 180 on her character.

Her character used to be one of tragedy and sadness. Because of her mental condition, she allowed strangers to beat on her and live in filth. However, it was never shown or implied that she went around hurting other people or assisting murderers with their plots.

She knows Satou murdered an innocent high school girl, yet, she assists her in attempting to get away with it.

Then, it's implied that she has raped and trapped blondey inside of her apartment.

Like, what the hell?

The Aunt was a character who would never inflict or help inflict evil deeds on others, she was one that soaked in damage and abuse.
And now that she's helping a MURDERER escape, she's endangering the lives of other people.

I used to like the aunt, I used to feel sorry for her, now I hate her, because she's an evil person.
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 21, 2018 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
well everyone snaps and good characters get killed off first...things keep on escalating..I am thinking that no one will be happy at the end of series
Sep 21, 2018 12:54 PM

Aug 2016
With all the build up, this series has to be leading up to a dramatic finale with a horrendous end for Satou. Also that kiss at the end, just because she is a pink haired yandere doesn't stop the fact she is as big a pedo as Mitsubishi.
JokerVenturaSep 21, 2018 12:59 PM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 21, 2018 12:58 PM

Jan 2017
JokerVentura said:
With all the build up, this series has to be leading up to a dramatic finale with a horrendous end for Satou. Also that kiss at the end, just because she is a pink haired tsundere doesn't stop the fact she is as big a pedo as Mitsubishi.

She's not a tsundere, she's a yandere lmfao

Only yandere's are psychotic enough to murder innocent girls.
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 21, 2018 1:01 PM

Aug 2016
Austro said:
JokerVentura said:
With all the build up, this series has to be leading up to a dramatic finale with a horrendous end for Satou. Also that kiss at the end, just because she is a pink haired tsundere doesn't stop the fact she is as big a pedo as Mitsubishi.

She's not a tsundere, she's a yandere lmfao

lol, thanks for the correction, i knew she was some type of dere, guess my brain coughed out the wrong one
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 21, 2018 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
A buildup episode for the finale. Felt a bit rushed, like Satou's co-worker somehow randomly able to get 2 fake passports for her. And buying plane tickets on her phone seemed like a mistake since it's easy for police to track it.

Feel bad for Taiyou. He's getting raped for the second time by an older woman.

Also, how did Shio's brother get the contact of Taiyou? Did they exchange contacts at the very beginning when he brought him to the store?
Sep 21, 2018 2:09 PM

Nov 2013
first time i actually liked the aunt, when she caught mitsuboshi, i was like... oh she is pretty cool sometimes =D

also Satou's voice when she was talking to the aunt, that's a pretty different voice then normal lol
winddevil1Sep 21, 2018 2:20 PM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Sep 21, 2018 2:15 PM

Aug 2018
winddevil1 said:
first time i actually liked the aunt, when she caught mitsuboshi, i was like... oh she is pretty cool sometimes =D
Auntie grew on me too. She knows how to take care of a burglar. Give him a little more than he bargained for 😂
Sep 21, 2018 2:17 PM
Mar 2017
UImoetard said:
A buildup episode for the finale. Felt a bit rushed, like Satou's co-worker somehow randomly able to get 2 fake passports for her. And buying plane tickets on her phone seemed like a mistake since it's easy for police to track it.

Feel bad for Taiyou. He's getting raped for the second time by an older woman.

Also, how did Shio's brother get the contact of Taiyou? Did they exchange contacts at the very beginning when he brought him to the store?

Remember when Taiyou contacted Asahi and gave him the false trail to look for Shio in another city
Sep 21, 2018 2:20 PM

Mar 2018
This series is building up a twisted happy ending where pedophilic murderer yandere Satou gets away with Shio, or, a sad ending where Satou gets caught (even killed) and those vows are broken...

Hope it ends happy for this yandere x loli couple
I'm sick

Can't wait for next week

Sep 21, 2018 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
salbery755 said:

Remember when Taiyou contacted Asahi and gave him the false trail to look for Shio in another city

I see, so that's what I thought, a plothole. Asahi could have called him back last episode when he wanted to find Taiyou. I assumed Taiyou didn't use his phone to call Asahi when he gave false info.
Sep 21, 2018 2:30 PM

Jun 2017
Maybe it's just me but Mitsuboshi supposedly getting raped again by the aunt this time would be a win in my book.
Sep 21, 2018 2:45 PM
Aug 2018
honestly that kiss at the end was the most surprising thing from this ep

i feel like shio is just turning into satou now

(im so bad with names) guy with the yellow hair is even more pervy than that sensei earlier in the series

one more ep and im hoping for a decent ending
Sep 21, 2018 3:40 PM

Jan 2015
SATOU’S AUNT WAS FUCKING SCARY THIS EPISODE OMG

I’m glad they decided to rush things, so that they can end this series
Also the animation quality was wow this episode
Sep 21, 2018 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
Auntie just became the funniest character in this anime. Jesus she had e rolling in this episode. The look on Young Satou's face was hilarious when she heard Auntie.

Satou's opinion on her Aunts view of love is bullshit. If the Aunt loves getting her ass beat and she considers that love then Satou has no right to tell her thats wrong.

Koube is an idiot. Why would he think Taiyo would help with with out some other motive?

Taiyo's screams when Auntie came home though...ROFL

Also Apparently Satou knows some people to get a Passport pretty Damn quick lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 21, 2018 4:37 PM

Nov 2016
Mitsuoboshi is a poor bastard, or maybe not...

And dat fucking wedding. Only in Japan.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2018 6:03 PM

Nov 2013
Austro said:
Seriously, fuck the aunt. They did a complete 180 on her character.

Her character used to be one of tragedy and sadness. Because of her mental condition, she allowed strangers to beat on her and live in filth. .

I don't know what gave you this impression. The only mental condition she has is the same one everyone else has in this show: being batshit crazy.
And she doesn't "allow" strangers to beat her, she actively invites people to abuse her and use her as an outlet for their frustations. Remember that cop? Nothing in the manga or anime hints that she may have some Freudian Excuse to be what she is now, unlike Satou, Taiyou or Asahi. If you are going to make one up for her, why not do the same for the teacher who wanted to rape Satou or that woman who did rape Taiyou?
Sep 21, 2018 6:39 PM

Sep 2011
Too bad he got raped by an adult again.

Sep 21, 2018 6:44 PM

Jul 2017
Decent episode. God I love that twisted aunt.
Sep 21, 2018 6:57 PM
Mar 2017
The end is approaching.
First of all, I think that Satou's aunt is a monster, because she was the one who guided Shouko to Satou's apartment,in other words, she guided the poor Shouko to her doom.
Asahi does not beat around the bush, since he has information from her sister, thanks to Shouko's sacrifice, he will use all means to find Satou, the scene with the nails cause me chills and displeasure.
Satou's aunt is a mystery, I found it strange that she accepted so easily in helping her niece, the moment when Shio meet up with Satou's aunt was fun, even though at first she was afraid of her, when she hear she was the aunt of her protector, Shio wanted to talk to her and be her friend.
Mitsuboshi was condemned the moment he opened the door, Satou's aunt found a new toy and she will squeeze it until there is nothing left of the young man, those red eyes are a family inheritance.
What will they have prepared for the final episode?
It will be the end in which both girls die?
or will there be any surprises?

Sep 21, 2018 8:19 PM

Nov 2017
- YURI SCREAMS INTENSIFIES
- Satou aunt's.... most favorite character on this series
- This episode full of edgy face.. that make me hohohoho
Now Loading.....
Sep 21, 2018 8:24 PM

Nov 2017
salbery755 said:

Since you read the manga... cant you predict what will happen on the next episode?
Now Loading.....
Sep 21, 2018 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
lol at Satou's hypocrisy telling the aunt her love is wrong while her own love is even worse!!! i want the brother to end her badly. speaking of, the aunt would make a good anti-pedophile-thats-not-her-niece security guard as long as she gets some
Sep 21, 2018 8:38 PM

May 2018
Ow, so here it is the missing frame from shouko's murder chapter (the one satou's aunt meet shouko). Mitsuboshi-kun, you pick the wrong house, fool !

Ahh, I can't believe it only 1 episode remain, time goes so fast. I hope satou didn't got her happy sugar life. She's a psycho, didn't eligible for happy ending.
Sep 21, 2018 8:59 PM

Aug 2015
Mitsuboshi goes straight to auntie's room...INSTANT KARMA
I'm dead lol

Best episode, imo, since it has good tension building and also it's the first episode I can laugh and release some of that anxiety.

Based Oba-san, best girl

Still have to cringe at Shio and Satou kissing on the lips, really? I felt that maybe Satou is actually describing a maternal love and she's not a pedo, but this is a little...eh
Sep 21, 2018 11:31 PM

Jan 2014
This is the episode I was looking for right after the last one. Build up towards the grand finale. So I was right then, maybe. The very first scene in episode 1 where the apartment complex is in flames will happen. No happy ending, but no actual consequences for Satou either. She jumps off the building with Shio and gets away with EVERYTHING.

Anyways, that Aunt is honestly the best. She's broken, yeah. She's the reason Satou is like that, yeah. But she's the best accomplice to have honestly. Just kinda goes with the flow because she loves you. Mitsuboshi sneaking into her den is just straight up crazy. Mitsuboshi just gets all of the older ladies ;)

It sounds like the Auntie is going to die as well. As I stated earlier, she's definitely an accomplice now. She knows who was murdered, she's helping hide her as well. I don't think she'll go to jail, but she will probably die in the apartment complex as well. Well, she might live, but I feel like there's no satisfaction if people don't get served JUSTICE. I mean, whatever happened to that teacher dude?

This was a wild ride, but we're at the very final stretch now and I can say, this anime has tackled some really difficult scenarios and it's quite serious no matter how out of touch this anime gets. I have heard of people's stories and backgrounds get as difficult as the ones in this anime and I'm glad they didn't go down the path that these characters are going. If you're going through anything similar, you can do it.
zeron824Sep 21, 2018 11:36 PM
Sep 21, 2018 11:58 PM

Jan 2015
Dammit man, I thought this was the last episode... I can’t believe I have to wait another week before this finally comes to an end.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 22, 2018 12:36 AM

Aug 2017
I knew that Taiyou would end up with Satou's Aunt somehow. She is insane lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 22, 2018 6:45 AM

Apr 2017
During this episode I was wondering the whole time when, and if, they are going to be busted. When they did not by the end I was both kinda relieved and disappointed at the same time.

This anime is turning out better than I expected. I had a rare feeling of suspension that I don't have so often. Now we just have to wait and see how it turns out in the last episode. But Shio and Satou sure look cute together, if we ignore all the madness that had to happen for it. I was kinda happy during the wedding scene. Still, I hope Satou fails next episode in her escape with Shio. But for the time being it seems like she holds the advantage, and Asahi has little time left to act.

Poor Mitsuboshi though, instead of Shio he got crazy oba-san. I guess his PTSD is going to get even worse now. I wonder if he is going to be of any use to Asahi after that experience.
MrZawaSep 22, 2018 6:55 AM

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 22, 2018 7:02 AM

Aug 2018
MomoSinX said:
Maybe it's just me but Mitsuboshi supposedly getting raped again by the aunt this time would be a win in my book.
That's two of us.

These people getting all worked up about anime characters in a fictional story that is a satire itself is just too much. I often wonder if some of these poor devils are like poor Alex, strapped in a chair and forced to watch these things, or do they just get off by trying to lay a guild trip on the rest of us. As far as I'm concerned they're little more sane than Mitsuboshi and his sock snarfing fetish.
Sep 22, 2018 7:04 AM

Aug 2018
Tennouji said:
Too bad he got raped by an adult again.
I was pretty happy, and thought it fitting and funny.
Sep 22, 2018 7:08 AM
Apr 2018
I loved this episode,felt an adrenaline rush,can't wait for the grand finale! :D

It seems that everyone is going according to Satou's plan,whereas the opposite seemed to apply for Asahi as he made little progress.At this point, I feel that Asahi is quite similar to Satou in terms of motive and psychological framework as it seems that he wants his own "Happy Sugar Life".I know that he has not done any murder but today's episode has shown that Asahi is willing to do anything to "liberate" Shio from Satou,which is pretty similar to Satou's thinking when she dealt with threats to her "castle".I wonder how everything would turn up next week.
Sep 22, 2018 10:37 AM
Mar 2017
bondtux said:
salbery755 said:

Since you read the manga... cant you predict what will happen on the next episode?

I can´t, the last chapter that came out was the 38, and it's the part where Satou's aunt catches Mitsuboshi.
I also couldn´t find the Raw of chapter 39, so what happens next episode will be a surprise.
I leave the link where I read the manga if you are interested

http://mangahasu.se/happy-sugar-life-p4980.html
Sep 22, 2018 10:53 AM
Aug 2018
Mitsuoboshi idiot.
Sep 22, 2018 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
I love the opening with Asahi dragging his metal bat on the pavement.

This was a really exciting episode, I've only read up the the part of the manga where Auntie catches Mitsuboshi in her apartment.

Oba-san is fucked up but she's a crowd favorite. Her own idea of love is allowing criminals beat her up but she loves them regardless. She was shookt when Satou defended herself and said her form of love is wrong.

I love how Oba-san drives wrecklessly. I bet she'll be standing somewhere outside that building when Satou and Shio jump (as seen in the FIRST EPISODE) but we don't know the outcome if they will both die, survive or only one of them dies or they get memory loss or something.

I felt sorry for Mitsuboshi for being raped and stashed in the closet by his manager but he is also fucked up and honestly, I don't care that he encountered Oba-san. He wanted to touch Shio-chan but now an older woman is going to touch him.
臭い-
Sep 22, 2018 5:28 PM

Mar 2015
Lkmmao said:
Nice episode :D I just can't get enough of Satou aunt's appearance. Full of mystery, great expression, nice VA, intelligent, twisted but really she has done nothing outrageous like many other characters

Main reason she's probably one of the best characters ever in terms of being disturbing. Not only does every second of her on the screen gives you this feeling of disturbing, unnerving, uncomfortable and she hasn't even ever hurt anyone physically at all. Major props to the VA for turning up her creepiness to a whole new level.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2018 6:50 PM

Nov 2017
salbery755 said:

I can´t, the last chapter that came out was the 38, and it's the part where Satou's aunt catches Mitsuboshi.
I also couldn´t find the Raw of chapter 39, so what happens next episode will be a surprise.
I leave the link where I read the manga if you are interested

http://mangahasu.se/happy-sugar-life-p4980.html

So, there is no scanlation for the next chapter yet right?

Thank you anyway...
Now Loading.....
Sep 22, 2018 9:11 PM
Jan 2017
Taiyou deserved to get rape.
Sep 23, 2018 12:50 AM

Dec 2012
It's good to know that Satou's aunt is willing to help. It makes sense in a way. I'm curious to know how tough Taiyou's road to recovery will be after a second event, poor guy. That kiss at the end really shows their true love. I thought it was pretty cute. Finally, I guess? Curious to see how it all ends!
Sep 23, 2018 1:48 AM
Aug 2015
I love the aunt only thing I don't get is why she chooses to live in "filth"? Whenever they get disgusted by the smell... is it like she just poops and pee's on the floor? Does she not have a fully operational apartment all to herself? -_- Does she even eat? lol they make it seem like she literally just stays in that empty room and has sex and uses the bathroom on the floor.
Sep 23, 2018 6:43 AM

Mar 2009
Taiyou has to be one of the worst anime characters ever created. I'd enjoy this anime a lot more if he didn't exist.

And yeah, the Aunt is a stand-out character. I'd like to know more about her past, honestly.
Sep 23, 2018 7:01 AM

Jul 2011
Gaaaah wish we learned more about auntie. She's fascinating as hell..

I have a feeling there's a terrible twist with Asahi that is gonna be revealed in the last episode.

Also, I feel bad because I could sympathize with auntie's view on love (unconditional and being a punching bag... lol)
mermaidsugarSep 23, 2018 7:07 AM
Sep 23, 2018 7:12 AM

May 2017
It'd be funny if Mitsuboshi liked the taste of adulthood and became obsessed with Satou's Aunt instead
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Sep 23, 2018 8:42 AM
Mar 2017
RowinnDinosaur said:
I love the aunt only thing I don't get is why she chooses to live in "filth"? Whenever they get disgusted by the smell... is it like she just poops and pee's on the floor? Does she not have a fully operational apartment all to herself? -_- Does she even eat? lol they make it seem like she literally just stays in that empty room and has sex and uses the bathroom on the floor.

Not sure about her using the floor as a bathroom but, something I've noticed IRL is that some mentally ill people are perfectly content with living in their own filth.
Sep 23, 2018 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
Mediocre episode in all honesty, seemingly spinning in place without really doing much of anything; certainly could have done much more than get rid of the evidence in 22 minutes, at least. The flashbacks were entirely superfluous and so was the conversation between Satou and her aunt that followed: we already know the aunt is crazy and that her and Satou have different ideas of love, so we didn't need to spend 5 minutes rehashing that fact. Asahi turning crazy and attacking Mitsuboshi was a bit more interesting, but we didn't spend anywhere near as much time with those two as we should have done. Mind you, it will be interesting to see what comes from Mitsuboshi meeting Satou's aunt, if nothing else.
Sep 23, 2018 12:26 PM

Feb 2017
i wish a bad end for satou, i cannot accept it if they proceed to use happy end.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Sep 24, 2018 2:02 PM

Dec 2015
I bet Mitsuboshi wishes he had brought Asahi and his baseball bat along now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

332 by lucy_game »»
Aug 25, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 3 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

44 by tamagolord »»
Jun 19, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2018

62 by Dizzy-san »»
Jun 19, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

43 by Dizzy-san »»
May 12, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2018

96 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 4, 7:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.