Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2019 11:04 AM

Mar 2015
FINALLY SOME GOOD FUCKING FOOD
Jul 3, 2019 11:05 AM

Jul 2017
Fun fact, this series takes place in the same universe as Kengan Ashura since the author for both series is the same person. Akemi is the little sister of Shion. Kind of hilarious given how different the two series are.
Jul 3, 2019 11:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've been reading the manga for a while now and was curious to see that this got adapted. But booy, did they do a good job with this. It's sooo much more fun seeing it animated. Sleeper hit of the season!! Hibiki just has that perfect blend of cute gyaruness and thicness that I haven't seen since Galko-Chan

Edit: LOL at the ED: Macho, machio....
FarabeufJul 3, 2019 11:26 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 3, 2019 11:10 AM
Aug 2012
GreenEmu said:
Fun fact, this series takes place in the same universe as Kengan Ashura since the author for both series is the same person. Akemi is the little sister of Shion. Kind of hilarious given how different the two series are.

Are you friggin serious lol.. Haven't read that manga yet but I'm a huge Baki fan.. So, there's a high chance I might like it.. Really funny thinking it's in the same universe.. 🤣
Jul 3, 2019 11:27 AM

Aug 2011
Finally a Doga Kobo i can enjoy since quite a while
Jul 3, 2019 11:30 AM

Sep 2017
Right off the bat, I noticed that this show has good faces. "An expanding waistline means no boyfriend." I disagree, in 2019 there is a huge market for THICC girls. 35% body fat is definitely no bueno. The OP is WAAAAY better than it deserves to be. I was half expecting Soryuin to walk over and just say she owns the gym. I love how much effort they put into the dude's weightlifting. Soryuin's reactions feel like they came straight out of hentai. She has a muscle fetish. Brilliant. I love how they turned this into an edutainment show halfway through. Machio was giving pretty solid advice for bench pressing. That was about how well my first bench press went. "I was only able to press 100kg at first. Man, was that frustrating!" Fuck off, man. Hearing Iida say "SIDO CHESTO" brought new meaning to my life. Eventually, Hibiki will have to learn that you can't outrun a bad diet, and her diet is awful. Good squat form. Hibiki is so perverse. I love it.
Jul 3, 2019 11:31 AM
Sep 2018
it was really damn nice , funny , educating and had a little bit ecchi too. I especially love the trainer guy :p. I like how he raps at the outro ;p
Jul 3, 2019 11:43 AM

Nov 2016
What funny and what beautiful girls, I loved it the chibi ending <3
Jul 3, 2019 12:17 PM

Apr 2016
The bad form really shines through in the animation, you can tell the animators never worked out a day in their life, the failing to stand up after a squat and the lack of ROM on the bench press. muh autism!!!

I don't like that they went the education route instead of the comedy route which is what the manga took and then gave you some shitty untrue dyel advice every other chapter. I hope no anime nerds see this and start coming into the gym wearing ahegao shirts and doing a butt routine in the mirror of the power cage without using the bar

Also the OP and ED sucked they completely didnt capture the essence of what the bear was trying to do with the manga..

Also mega lol at the salty fatties getting mad because they are fatter than the main character and don't do anything about it except cope.
MywifessonJul 3, 2019 12:20 PM
Jul 3, 2019 12:18 PM
Aug 2015
abbe44 said:
hmm
something kinda rubbed me the wrong way when i started watching
>55,6KG
>160CM
>unhealthy????
uh no?
that's perfectly healthy for that age
it's just a show, i know, but that still bothereed me, dont think this show is for me anyways
hopefully young girls wont feel that their totally fine bodies are ugly or wrong

i mean seriously that would be a bmi of 21.9 which is in the 18-25 range
honestly thinking that is unhealthy is unhealthy imo.

like it would make more sense if she was overweight but she is objectively not

Totally agree! And I'm surprised no one beside you mention that part; or the no boyfriend if you are slightly plump.

I have no problem with fit girl doing sport but I hate the way they give such bad image of a perfectly healthy weight.
Jul 3, 2019 12:21 PM
May 2019
Mywifesson said:
I hope no anime nerds see this and start coming into the gym wearing ahegao shirts and doing a butt routine in the mirror of the power cage without using the bar

But wouldn't it be better for them than laying around all day?

Everyone starts with bad form. Just be mindful about it, do the research, and one's form will be better with practice.
Jul 3, 2019 12:22 PM
Apr 2018
Damn Doga kogo is going strong with these shows.
Muscles,Abs,Ahegao face,Gyaru protagonist this anime is a yes yes yes for me.
With the anime is time to read the manga as i want to see how good are in the manga the ecchi scenes.
Jul 3, 2019 12:23 PM

Apr 2016
dororororororo said:
Mywifesson said:
I hope no anime nerds see this and start coming into the gym wearing ahegao shirts and doing a butt routine in the mirror of the power cage without using the bar

But wouldn't it be better for them than laying around all day?

Everyone starts with bad form. Just be mindful about it, do the research, and one's form will be better with practice.

No why would it? I don't care if you try to do something especially when it actively gets in my way by taking a rack. Only reddit dyels think a we're all this together kind of feeling because they aren't strong, they don't look good, they are weak and need someone else to prop them up because their in tears every time they look at their dyel body. I've way surpassed that.
Jul 3, 2019 12:27 PM
Oct 2017
I went so wild on that opening I had a whole ass workout myself.

edit: I feel that being comment #69 is a great accomplishment and I wanted to say it.
edit 2: Which bitch deleted their comment taking away the biggest achievement I've had in a while
NyoroniJul 3, 2019 12:33 PM
Jul 3, 2019 12:30 PM
Jan 2018
This was actually fkn hilarious
Jul 3, 2019 12:32 PM
Oct 2017
abbe44 said:
hmm
something kinda rubbed me the wrong way when i started watching
>55,6KG
>160CM
>unhealthy????
uh no?
that's perfectly healthy for that age
it's just a show, i know, but that still bothereed me, dont think this show is for me anyways
hopefully young girls wont feel that their totally fine bodies are ugly or wrong

i mean seriously that would be a bmi of 21.9 which is in the 18-25 range
honestly thinking that is unhealthy is unhealthy imo.

like it would make more sense if she was overweight but she is objectively not

Well it's just that asian people have a completely diffent body build so oven if they seen to have a very healthy weight from an western perspective their body is still plump, for western standards you could add about 7-10 kg I think?
Jul 3, 2019 12:36 PM
Feb 2017
Mywifesson said:
The bad form really shines through in the animation, you can tell the animators never worked out a day in their life, the failing to stand up after a squat and the lack of ROM on the bench press. muh autism!!!

I don't like that they went the education route instead of the comedy route which is what the manga took and then gave you some shitty untrue dyel advice every other chapter. I hope no anime nerds see this and start coming into the gym wearing ahegao shirts and doing a butt routine in the mirror of the power cage without using the bar

Also the OP and ED sucked they completely didnt capture the essence of what the bear was trying to do with the manga..

Also mega lol at the salty fatties getting mad because they are fatter than the main character and don't do anything about it except cope.

I was questioning why they didn't let the bar touch their chest when benching, though I thought it was just because they were new.
Jul 3, 2019 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
After how disappointing your last show was for me, I'm all yours again Doga Kobo. This is amazing!

I fucking love Souryuuin!!!

Hibiki's remarks and 4th wall breaks were great. I love her too!

And I agree with Hibiki about Machio's photosheped body lmao

So yeah, between the characters, the comedy and the fanservice, I'm pretty sure this will be one of my favorite shows of the season.
Jul 3, 2019 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Jaguar-chan said:
I genuinely genuinely love this show. It's better and more creatively animated than 95 percent of ecchi, it has an incredibly catchy OP and ED, incredibly charismatic characters, and just pure charm in its presentation of actual workout advice. If the show keeps this up, I will give it a 9/10.

It goes to show how great ecchi and fanservice can be when its not just lazily used to pander and indulge the audience's fantasies. Dumbbell definitely gets it right by being a well made, sexy, fun, and somewhat educational show that you just know will inspire at least some weebs to go out and improve themselves. And thats a lot more than what you can say for not just ecchi shows, but most anime in general.
Jul 3, 2019 12:48 PM

Jun 2017
Doga Kobo delivers yet again.

Hibiki is my spirit animal. I think her current thiccness is perfect though, enough meat to still look sexy but not obese. So I am kinda baffled why she needs to lose weight. I have some Japanese coworkers and I am pretty sure I could lift them easily so...their definiton of "healthy" weight must really differ lol.
Jul 3, 2019 12:53 PM
Apr 2018
Wow, to be honest I didn't think it'll be this fun :)

And accurate. Well, maybe apart for this "BCAA fact", but heck, it's something I can live with :D Can wait for next episode!
Jul 3, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2011
Didn't expect it to be educational as well. And the ecchi moments are very well made. Totally will watch

Jul 3, 2019 1:01 PM
Oct 2017
impressed that they didn't botch too much of the bench press explanation

BlakexEkalb said:
Mywifesson said:

I was questioning why they didn't let the bar touch their chest when benching, though I thought it was just because they were new.

if you're just working out, it's not completely necessary to touch your chest with the bar. if you have long arms, letting the bar go that low will load up your shoulders adversely, increasing likelihood of separated shoulders, pectoral tears, etc. it's only absolutely necessary if you're training for a comp.
Jul 3, 2019 1:04 PM

Sep 2017
It's much less fanservicey than I thought.

And omg, can people in this thread stop all those imaginery "SJW" straw men? The only reason why there is a perceived prevalence of those shits is because people who are doped enough to take clickbait titles seriously and help news media earning easy revenue from sparking "controversy". And how many of those articles are alt-right parody?

Should you shame fat people? No. Can you enjoy this anime about fitness? Yes. Pure and simple. If you insist on shaming fat people instead of minding your own business because "I hAte sJw SHit", then shame on you.
Jul 3, 2019 1:11 PM
Feb 2017
bitchassdarius said:
impressed that they didn't botch too much of the bench press explanation

BlakexEkalb said:

if you're just working out, it's not completely necessary to touch your chest with the bar. if you have long arms, letting the bar go that low will load up your shoulders adversely, increasing likelihood of separated shoulders, pectoral tears, etc. it's only absolutely necessary if you're training for a comp.

It's probably just because I don't see it too often, that makes sense though.
Jul 3, 2019 1:15 PM
Oct 2017
Mywifesson said:

the subs say that she's doing a half squat, but it seems to just be a weird version of a half squat where the concentric movement is halved as opposed to the eccentric. really, the worst part about the squat animation is that the bar isn't even touching her back. she's holding the bar like she's doing a behind the neck press but doing squats instead. it's a bit of a mess.
Jul 3, 2019 1:33 PM

Jul 2017
i liked the first episode, i thought it was very well done

also, i now have a fetish for chubby girls, thank you Japan for always giving me new kinks and fetishes
<3 "Nothing compares to Dark Enchantress Cookie's greatness!" <3
Jul 3, 2019 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
This show is funny as fuck but their form is atrocious
Oh god who are you people?
Jul 3, 2019 1:46 PM

Aug 2017
Now this is my kinda animu *sips mountain dew*
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jul 3, 2019 1:52 PM

Apr 2007
This exceeded my expectation, I loved it, so funny.
Jul 3, 2019 1:56 PM

Apr 2015
This was so much better than I ever thought it would be. Opening is incredibly catchy. Animation is pretty nice and I especially love the comedy. Hibiki and Akemi's reaction faces were gold! I am hooked on this already!
Jul 3, 2019 1:59 PM
Jan 2018

pretty fun

i have no interest in gyms personally im just watching it because the characters look fun wonder if i can find a video on YouTube with a real personal trainer reviewing this series and saying what is correct or not

funny how after she joins a gym she eats a hot dog on the way home
Jul 3, 2019 2:19 PM
Mar 2018
Well, well, what do we have here? A adorable klutz that is also a crybabay tryhard; a almost love interest niceguy and a secretly weirdo nobility girl. So far, very standard, but what caught me by surprise are those reaction images, that almost remind me of Grand Blue and Gabriel Dropout (somewhere in between). Definitely gonna watch it after finals...
Jul 3, 2019 2:26 PM

Aug 2018
Petition to add sports to the genre list of this anime
Jul 3, 2019 2:26 PM

Apr 2012
LeiHanma said:
GreenEmu said:

Are you friggin serious lol.. Haven't read that manga yet but I'm a huge Baki fan.. So, there's a high chance I might like it.. Really funny thinking it's in the same universe.. 🤣

The funny thing is that these two manga even have canon crossover chapters, lol.

@El_Caguai Machio is the obvious best girl on this show, how can you not understand it?!
Jul 3, 2019 2:33 PM

Aug 2018
I think this anime is trying to tell me something that we should exercise more and I'm starting to believe it's working.
Especially when we have Aqua / Sora Amamiya telling us she likes muscles.

It's time to get as buffed as a Jobro!
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jul 3, 2019 2:34 PM
Nov 2017
Why is J.C.Staff on end credits?

Jul 3, 2019 2:50 PM

Feb 2014
Jabami Soruyin with muscle fetish XD. This show is too op catchy. Machio shines too bright.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 3, 2019 2:50 PM

Dec 2016
It was funny and it looks pretty good so this is definitely getting watched
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 3, 2019 2:58 PM

May 2014
This was a really good first episode! I was expecting a 12 minute episode with sub-par animation, but we got way more than that. I love the main character a lot as well. Hope it stays good.
Jul 3, 2019 3:02 PM
Feb 2017
Mattinator95 said:

pretty fun

i have no interest in gyms personally im just watching it because the characters look fun wonder if i can find a video on YouTube with a real personal trainer reviewing this series and saying what is correct or not

funny how after she joins a gym she eats a hot dog on the way home

Watch Jaxblade then. He makes workout videos and does series like "Would x workout be viable?" and such. He's geeking out over this series, lol.
Jul 3, 2019 3:04 PM
Nov 2013
Hilarious, nice fan service and I'm really liking the main girl. The lifting and nutritional facts were accurate too. I've read some of the manga before this and I never could get into it, but seeing the quality of this adaptation, I have to say this has surpassed all expectations. Nice job from Doga Kobo as always.
Jul 3, 2019 3:05 PM

Mar 2016
Rafostar said:
Why is J.C.Staff on end credits?

Studios do work for other studios. It's the only way anything can get done. OLM is there too if you didn't notice.
Jul 3, 2019 3:12 PM

Dec 2013
Btw, wtf is "abdominal pressure" in this episode?
I know that your belly works as stabilizer during bench press but how does that have anything to do with it?
Jul 3, 2019 3:13 PM

Jul 2015
[quote=QPR message=57899166]I can see the femnazis getting their boxers in a twist about this because it's about an overweight girl getting fit.

The SJW nation would rather people die prematurely from fat related disease than someone hurt their feelings and tell them to shape up.

This.
Jul 3, 2019 3:33 PM

Aug 2015
That was even better than I expected it to be cause the main girl kept doing such cute faces and they had a lot of comedy. I didn't even notice it was made by Doga Kobo, they never disappoint.

By the way that opening was awesome.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jul 3, 2019 3:38 PM
Aug 2018
Why does Akem (the student council president) remind me so much of Anna from Shimoneta?
Jul 3, 2019 4:00 PM

Nov 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Btw, wtf is "abdominal pressure" in this episode?
I know that your belly works as stabilizer during bench press but how does that have anything to do with it?

In order to achieve better stabilisation you have to contract the abdominal area. I think that's what they mean with pressure.

Also lol @ all the moral faggery just because a teenage girl wants to lose some weight. Btw, how much someone weights by itself it doesn't say much. She's is at 35% bodyfat, so she obviously has a bad fat to muscle ratio that is far from an ideal body composition. You have also to take into account that the rate of obese people is lower in Japan, so chubby or slightly chubby people get self-conscicous more quickly.

And to the form police, remember, heavy and wrong over moderate and proper.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2019 4:11 PM

Jul 2015
Man those guys have Baki level muscles lmao
Jul 3, 2019 4:17 PM

Aug 2018
Hum, Hibiki is like my female version, I should actually imitate her by doing sport again eheh

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

46 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 18, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Did you guys do the exercises at the end of the episodes?

JaniSIr - Apr 17, 2023

32 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 18, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

133 by nelcalb »»
May 24, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

161 by Cyroro »»
Apr 12, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2019

52 by Kiruko-san »»
Dec 4, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.