Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Apr 27, 2019 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
Am I watching a different show? This show feels so awkward and stilted.
Apr 27, 2019 4:29 PM
Jan 2019
What a turnaround. Stop having unrealistic expectations, this episode looked fantastic. It is just different compared to the 1st season, but the animation in general is decent. I believe s2 will become better and better for now.
Apr 27, 2019 4:42 PM

Feb 2014
Either this is getting better or I have stockholm syndrome already
Apr 27, 2019 9:01 PM

Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
qwertyMrJINX said:
Oh no, looks like that filler arc they warned me about is happening after all.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long. The Garou arc has been really good so far.

You mean the tournament arc? that's not filler, it's not in the webcomic but it's in the manga and it expands the story. The tournament arc is actually pretty good, I don't know why some people didn't like it but I did.

Forgive me if I disagree, because that set-up was really forced.
Apr 28, 2019 12:18 AM

Oct 2018
Honestly not as bad as I expected or as everyone anticipated it to be.
This might actually come out as an ok anime because there's still the quirky one punch man dialogue to it.
ใ€๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹ใ€‘

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Apr 28, 2019 12:36 AM
Apr 2019
I hope they will animate the Garou motive tho.. why he want to be monster.. he need his flasback first.... because that is important...
Apr 28, 2019 2:07 AM
Mar 2014
Good animation? the excecution and composition of this eps so damn bad.
Apr 28, 2019 4:36 AM

Mar 2010
People whining about animations and whatnot, but the story itself was quite funny. The conclusion was hilarious. I loved how Saitama gave 0 interest in the villain who beat up loads of heroes before that.
Apr 28, 2019 5:34 AM

Nov 2017
Imagine the whiners complaining about animation in every damn episode yet they still keep on watching. Just shows they take cartoons too seriously.
Apr 28, 2019 6:47 AM

May 2015
You got banana, and you got banana, you got banana too.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 28, 2019 7:14 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I don't really understand what you guys whine about when you say like the quality has dropped and s**t like that. Who the heck cares. This is a great anime from a great manga which I've read for a long time and I've been waiting for a season 2 like this and I'm no dissappointed. I love this. Though I think Saitamas voice has changed a bit but that's not the end of the world. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Don't discuss unneccessary things like that each episode.

I'm out.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Apr 28, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2010
Garou's fight was actually decent-looking, still not first season level, but I enjoyed it :3
He's quite an intriguing character as well, I already liked him, although I might be biased a bit, since he's voiced by my favourite seiyuu <3

That last punch was hilarious, even when you saw it coming miles away!
Apr 29, 2019 2:36 AM

Jul 2016
eglepe said:
Ali_Khan243 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. They'll still find a reason to complain because it ain't Madhouse.
And somehow they manage to ignore the string of garbage productions Madhouse has been putting out lately. I still have PTSD from the Overlord s3 CGI

And somehow you guys manage to ignore the string of garbage productions J.C Staff has been putting out lately. I still have PTSD from the Toaru Majutsu no Index III and UQ Holder!'s quality (And it's abomination).

Honestly, you guys are really no different than those "crybabies" that you guys referring.

Kitsu-nee said:

You meant last chop lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiApr 29, 2019 2:40 AM
Apr 29, 2019 7:56 AM

May 2010
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Kitsu-nee said:

You meant last chop lol.

...Fair enough xD
Apr 29, 2019 8:35 AM

Jun 2016
Garou got Low-Diffed!!!
Apr 29, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2016
If I there's one thing I can point out, I can tell that the quality's a lot better in this episode than both of the previous episodes so far. The multitude of fights Garou had with the Tank Tops, Mumen Rider, Golden Ball, and Spring Mustache looked great from both sides so I hope that they at least retain this quality and go beyond this for the other episodes because of the really big scale of the upcoming enemies. Fubuki looked so moe ♥

I would definitely love to have the book that ugly-ass kid was reading! It's also hilarious that Garou's whole encounter with the Caped Baldy was actually a complete misunderstanding that ended with him getting his ass whooped so bad after his attack didn't work at all.

Saitama had some hope gaining hair but he chose not to take it. For someone who goes wig shopping from time to time, it's kind of a surprise that he refuses to take the easy way out of his baldness. Maybe a banana would help him out~

Apr 29, 2019 11:43 AM
Dec 2017
it looked ok, not the best but not the worst. I like how they are really trying hard tho
The comedy wasnt there this episode like iit was during ep 1 of s2 but i wont complain since this episode was made to setup and introduce Garou, I like how he was to that child. It really flipped his character for me and gave his some more deapth than just being some madman.
Apr 29, 2019 12:18 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
NoneNone said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Idk, the last couple of chapters barely have any dialogue. I don't see them adapting anything less without dragging it out. Like, Punch 84 is 140 pages long, yet it's content feels short enough to only take 12-15 mins.

Again, just my fallible opinion, could be 100% wrong, I don't think they'd drag out the action, for Episode 11, there's Garou talking with Tareo, Gatling talking with Garou, Garou's interal monologue, Genos talking about Saitama, the monsters talking to Garou. Then for Episode 12 there's Garou's whole internal monologue and backstory, the well as Phoenix Man talking to Garou about the world's strongest heroes, then the HA talking about King and Blast.

I think my main problem with Chapter 85 actually isn't that it's that bad for Season 2's ending... but that it's necessary for Season 3's premiere to regroup the whole cast. Just having Garou, Blizzard, and Saitama as the start of Season 3 really doesn't show the rest of the main cast: Bang, Genos, King, and Tornado (sorta less prominent, but still, 1st major female character).
You might be right about ending with 84. But I do think parts of 85 will be adapted in this season, just to give this season an epilogue and a better closure. And if that's the cases Chapter 83 and 84 might be for episode 12 instead, which is pretty doable.
May 1, 2019 12:25 AM

Oct 2014
Thank God, this was much better XD loved the end sklfjlskdjfsj
May 1, 2019 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
welll saitama and gyro met...but both didn't know the real one...everyone is complaining about the animation style and here I am just to enjoy a decent show
May 1, 2019 11:16 PM

May 2015
I enter the thread after watching 3 eps and all I see is complaining.
Damn, how can people be so toxic? We already know this isn't OPM S1, we already knew it's not the same studio or/and budget from over a year already. The animation isn't bad by any means. It's just ok. The story is pretty amazing since it's an adaptation of One Punch Man after all. I wish more people would get on the discussion of the content of the episode instead of leaving hate comments about the animation thread after thread.
Guys, the animation is not gonna change for more complaining you do. You all look like kids making a tantrum.
anikevinMay 1, 2019 11:19 PM
May 2, 2019 2:45 AM

Feb 2015
Compared to the first 2 episodes, this one seemed a lot better. Liked it a lot. Ending the episode with that scene was just perfect.
May 3, 2019 12:13 PM

Jun 2015
Nooooooo not Mumen Rider

lol Saitama at the end that was precious
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 5, 2019 4:57 AM
Jan 2018
anikevin said:
I enter the thread after watching 3 eps and all I see is complaining.
Damn, how can people be so toxic? We already know this isn't OPM S1, we already knew it's not the same studio or/and budget from over a year already. The animation isn't bad by any means. It's just ok. The story is pretty amazing since it's an adaptation of One Punch Man after all. I wish more people would get on the discussion of the content of the episode instead of leaving hate comments about the animation thread after thread.
Guys, the animation is not gonna change for more complaining you do. You all look like kids making a tantrum.

Plus time was used poorly
May 7, 2019 9:50 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty cool episode this Garou guy is a badass
May 9, 2019 11:19 AM
Jan 2019
At least we know 3 things about Garou with these fights:
1. You can quickly counteract the fighting style of your opponents.
2. Makes use of high level martial arts.
3. It is not completely invincible, it also bleeds. He is not afraid to put himself in danger in order to prove the strength of his opponents.
4. He is not all evil, at least he does not want to see the world burn. He showed it with the child in the park.
5. Your goal is not to be the strongest, but to recognize the majesty of monsters. He wants to be recognized as one.

Moments in which I shouted like crazy:
1.Tank Top Master of Rank S (16) hit Garou a hit.
2. In confrontation of Golden Ball and Spring Mustacho against Garou demonstrated why they are heroes.
3. At minute 20:33. Ahhh ... I cried like crazy. I thought This has already turned on! It caught too! Saitama left him unconscious in one fell swoop. LOL. I repeated the scene again and again.

I do not know if Rider without a license is too kind or too stupid, he got in the way of Tank's coup.

I did not think Silver Fang had an older brother. I wonder if Bomb will be equal or stronger than his younger brother.

"I also want to meet you, I will give you a kiss on the cheek". Garou all a loquillo๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I must admit that I would like to see a confrontation between him and the presumed idiot of Sweet Mask.

Saitama and her banana trees, JAJAJA, and she's going to go through Charanko in the tournament. This will be fun ๐Ÿ˜‚.

In summary, this episode seemed very good to me.

Postscript: I do not pay much attention to the animation, as long as the story and plot continue on the right track I will not have any complaints.
May 13, 2019 1:51 AM

Jun 2016
The production quality this episode is definitely better, but the plot seems to really want to take itself seriously which is simply not what OPM set itself up for. If this is how far JC Staff got before the anime started airing and they continue adapting the story like this, then I can see why so many people have continued to hold this season in contempt.
May 13, 2019 5:33 AM
Apr 2019
PLS REMAKE IT!
It is what I think now :)
May 13, 2019 12:57 PM

Jun 2016
Reflecting a bit more on the season's story, I could say that I have an issue with the overarching plot that's been established for this season at this point. They spend a whole episode attempting to develop Garou (who is still little more than an "evil for evil's sake" villain) and even give him an ability that could clearly counter Saitama's strength, except Saitama is so much stronger than him that it doesn't matter because he can beat him without even trying.

Yes I know this is Zero One Punch Man, but the story seems to have forgotten that. There's no clever joke here, there's no parody or satire towards a common superhero trope, it's just OP Man being OP & unrecognized as we've seen for the entire series. I was hoping that a different angle would be taken this time around (I was expecting Garou to have some control over monsters, to play on the "superhero can't be everywhere at once" setup for instance) but instead we're getting a shoehorned tournament arc because Saitama being OP for its own sake never gets old. Hopefully I'm wrong and they actually have something to poke fun at instead of treating the base premise of the show like some unique brand.
May 18, 2019 8:38 AM

Mar 2019
shane_nichols said:
Alex_TheForest said:
The outro doesn't fit the anime tbh.Ok they kept the hype with the intro at least,but the outro doesn't fit this kind of action anime.
Does it really matter? It's just an ending that most people skip over
Yes but the thing is that it's that type of outro that makes you cry even more cus the anime ended
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 23, 2019 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
Because of Garo we're seeing a lot more focus on other heroes especially the s class ones, this time we got Metal Bat.
May 26, 2019 9:38 PM

Mar 2016
I wanted to comment on how bad the visual quality is and how obnoxious the earrape explosion sound fx are, but Garou is just oh awesome...

I have always loved Garou in the Web Comic and Manga, but just hearing his VA talk and move is all the better. But I especially love his badass OST! He's the absolute best when it comes to savage badassery in OPM imo! Seeing this beatdown animated is really nice, even if the animation is meh and the visual quality is horrible, if Garou's here, I'd be happy to witness it!

Garou did a thumbs down instead of flipping off Golden Ball with a middle finger... That was quite disappointing...
That aside, Garou smooch fisting that investor guy always got e XD

LMAO, Garou got chopped by Saitama!
Jun 3, 2019 3:15 PM
Jul 2016
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
I just want to say this

Little Disclaimer: Nothing here is my opinion, these are facts

Some people are not informed and they blindly hate on JC Staff and say this season sucks because it's not like Season 1
This tells me 3 things
1.So the only thing you want is god like animation, ok , i'm sorry that JC Staff is only decent, they must die for this
2.OPM did NOT sell that well in Japan, they had normal, average, sales, and MadHouse cared a lot for the Japan market, so they sold the rights to JC Staff, this season's existance is a miracle
3.As much as i love Madhouse, it wasn't thanks to them that Season 1 looked that good, The Director brought a lot of freelancers, who are not hired by any studio, in order to deliver the final product, so the quality would have been the same even with freaking Madhouse

Yes, OPM was a huuuuge phenomenon in the West, but the Japanese Animation Market is still a pretty closed one, and only in the last 2 years it has slightly opened, as shown by the NetFlix collaborations and the WorldWide releases of Anime Films(Like The Broly movie, which aired in more than 40 countries)

JC Staff did not go for "easy money" with this show, they instead took a big risk because they wasted a lot of resources for something that, in Japan, is not as big as we think it is; JC Staff did this because they hope it will sell better than Season 1(Therefore people in Japan can already buy the Blu-Rays) and they hope that the "Anime effect" that we've been having here in the West for the past 2 years and a half can pay off in some ways

So please, before blindly hating, at least take the time to inform yourselves, and then form your own opinion

yep i agree with you on this
Jun 4, 2019 12:42 AM

Jul 2016
todd2580 said:
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
I just want to say this

Little Disclaimer: Nothing here is my opinion, these are facts

Some people are not informed and they blindly hate on JC Staff and say this season sucks because it's not like Season 1
This tells me 3 things
1.So the only thing you want is god like animation, ok , i'm sorry that JC Staff is only decent, they must die for this
2.OPM did NOT sell that well in Japan, they had normal, average, sales, and MadHouse cared a lot for the Japan market, so they sold the rights to JC Staff, this season's existance is a miracle
3.As much as i love Madhouse, it wasn't thanks to them that Season 1 looked that good, The Director brought a lot of freelancers, who are not hired by any studio, in order to deliver the final product, so the quality would have been the same even with freaking Madhouse

Yes, OPM was a huuuuge phenomenon in the West, but the Japanese Animation Market is still a pretty closed one, and only in the last 2 years it has slightly opened, as shown by the NetFlix collaborations and the WorldWide releases of Anime Films(Like The Broly movie, which aired in more than 40 countries)

JC Staff did not go for "easy money" with this show, they instead took a big risk because they wasted a lot of resources for something that, in Japan, is not as big as we think it is; JC Staff did this because they hope it will sell better than Season 1(Therefore people in Japan can already buy the Blu-Rays) and they hope that the "Anime effect" that we've been having here in the West for the past 2 years and a half can pay off in some ways

So please, before blindly hating, at least take the time to inform yourselves, and then form your own opinion

Most of the things he said are all misinformation, though. Lol
Jun 4, 2019 5:39 AM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
todd2580 said:

Most of the things he said are all misinformation, though. Lol

what's wrong about lmao ?
Jun 4, 2019 5:51 AM

Jul 2016
todd2580 said:

The whole "OPM is not popular in Japan" thing and everything he said about J.C Staff.
Jun 4, 2019 9:04 AM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
todd2580 said:

The whole "OPM is not popular in Japan" thing and everything he said about J.C Staff.

well i can say he might be not know that it's popular in japan to but maybe he means it's more popular in the west
also J.C STAFF won't even get money from this season like madhouse didn't but they are at least trying
Jun 5, 2019 12:00 AM

Jul 2016
todd2580 said:
but maybe he means it's more popular in the west

Perhaps. But from what I seen, he is saying that OPM is only popular in west while in Japan it's just mediocre at best, which not only it's ignorance but it's also sounds like if he was finding an excuses to said that OPM2's production quality is actually great.

todd2580 said:
also J.C STAFF won't even get money from this season like madhouse didn't but they are at least trying

I finds J.C put much more effort on Toaru Majutsu no Index III than they have in OPM2.
Jun 5, 2019 3:47 AM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
todd2580 said:
but maybe he means it's more popular in the west

Perhaps. But from what I seen, he is saying that OPM is only popular in west while in Japan it's just mediocre at best, which not only it's ignorance but it's also sounds like if he was finding an excuses to said that OPM2's production quality is actually great.

todd2580 said:

I finds J.C put much more effort on Toaru Majutsu no Index III than they have in OPM2.

well not really the production schedule of Index seems was better than OPM S2 that's just it
Jun 11, 2019 6:35 AM

Mar 2013
Nah, i want more scene of saitama.
Jun 16, 2019 10:56 PM

Mar 2010
dammit Garou.

really glad this isn't the type of series to kill people off lol

golden ball and spring seems pretty cool. Be great if we see them in the future
StardewJun 16, 2019 11:00 PM
Jun 16, 2019 11:07 PM
Nov 2016
stardew said:
dammit Garou.

really glad this isn't the type of series to kill people off lol

golden ball and spring seems pretty cool. Be great if we see them in the future

And the irony is that Golden Ball and Spring Mustachio were trying to kill Garou but Garou let them live.
Jun 30, 2019 12:38 PM

Apr 2012
>Saitama taking out Garou like it's nothing
lmao
Jul 2, 2019 1:50 PM
Oct 2007
The fights were quite enjoyable in this episode actually, which is a nice surprise! I still need to get used to most of the changes from S1 though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2019 10:36 AM

Jun 2017
the ending was legit hilarious lol XD
Jul 10, 2019 2:53 AM

Mar 2015
Wew that Garo-Saitama encounter is a good sign of things to come, for sure!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 12, 2019 9:03 PM

Jul 2013
The heros got pretty rekt. Even Tank Top Master a an S-Class wasn't able to stop Garo, even if the beginning of this fight looked way in favor for Tank Top. Nothing really changed for Mumen Rider. Like against the Deep Seas King again here against Garou completely destroyed.

So Saitama now is interested in martial arts? The moment when he looked at the ticket of Charanko I knew he wanted to participate.

Garo doesn't really care against which heros he fights. He got injured against Golden Ball, but even that couldn't stop him.

Coincidentally Garo meets Saitama thinks he's after him and goes down in one hit. That was very funny :D

And now presenting Charankotama. Can't wait to see this.

Jul 20, 2019 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
Jeez, Saitama is scary sometimes, when he was about to chop Garou, I was fearing for his life lol.

Fucking Mumen Rider... why hasn't anyone killed his ass yet.
Jul 27, 2019 9:29 AM

Dec 2018
Eh, I thought Garou target was only hero but he also targeted the executive from hero association. He's not a man of his word. Saitama punished him, so all is good.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 7, 2019 7:19 AM

Jul 2015
Garo's fighting scenes were amazing
Nice to have Saitama as a friend, always getting the bananas
Never stand between a man and his will to buy a wig

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

584 by AnimatedAddict »»
Sep 25, 11:28 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

395 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 21, 4:45 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 8:23 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:58 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

188 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:27 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.