Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 9, 2016 7:43 PM

Sep 2015
Umm for some reason I keep feeling Souta would come back... but he probably is dead.

Seems like Cranberry might know the truth behind all this too. getting interesting.
The way the series put in the back stories is not very good but I seen much worse. Overall fairly average so far I guess.
Still very entertaining.
Nov 10, 2016 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
RIP La Pucelle :(

Hardgore Alice (pretty sure she's the little girl from Ep 1) looking to be Snow White's new knight and my new favourite character.

I hope she survives, or at least be one of the last 3 remaining.
Nov 10, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2007
I wish they hadn't told us in advance that Gothic-chan's power was fast healing, it made her coming back to life rather obvious.

But wow, I so did not expect La Pucelle to die this early on. That she was a goner was not surprising but I figured she'd be one of the last ones to go.

I really like Witch and Ninja combo, can't see them lasting much longer, though.

And I wonder if Madoka never existed in this world? Because if it did, and if Koyuki is so into magical girls, she would have realized that Discount Kyubei was, well, Discount Kyubei. I still half-expect Homura to pop out of nowhere.
Nov 10, 2016 7:12 PM
Jun 2012
Nocturnal said:
I wish they hadn't told us in advance that Gothic-chan's power was fast healing, it made her coming back to life rather obvious.

You were suppose to figure that Alice was alive from the fact that she was still in Magical form after being headless and connect that with her powers to goes 'Ah she can even survive that'. I honestly don't think "fast healing" is a fitting name for that power because I certainly don't think she will survive being headless before that scene.

Alice's powers was out in the official anime site before the anime aired anyway.
Nov 11, 2016 10:36 AM

Aug 2007
noireo said:
Nocturnal said:

You were suppose to figure that Alice was alive from the fact that she was still in Magical form after being headless and connect that with her powers to goes 'Ah she can even survive that'. I honestly don't think "fast healing" is a fitting name for that power because I certainly don't think she will survive being headless before that scene.

Alice's powers was out in the official anime site before the anime aired anyway.

Still, for me, it took away the element of surprise. Since I was told her power within minutes of her being beheaded, I fully expected her to spring back to life and kill Robot-chan. Had they simply not shown that, and given how dark the scene was, it would have been difficult to even notice whether she was in Magical form of not and would have made the entire scene a lot more impactful.
Nov 11, 2016 9:50 PM

Oct 2008
I know and I knew since ep 1 that this show is DARK!
Damn it they killed Souta!!!
So many unexpected despair things happening!
Swim-Swim bought the cloak in exchange for 25 years of lifespan but she just gave it to Tama and Tama's weapon would be used by Swim-swim!
And Magicaloid 44 also bites the dust and unexpectedly killed by Alice!
MC don't die because of plot armor. But if Hardgore Alice didn't found her, MC is good as dead!
I'm not saying this show is a mess and all over the place but they just nonchalantly kill mahou shoujo! well...it's to be expected because of Madoka's legacy that she already done. lol
5/5!
matias067Nov 11, 2016 10:10 PM

Nov 12, 2016 5:22 AM

May 2012
Why this is rated 7:08 ?!

I thought this was of the best shows in this season
Nov 12, 2016 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
thepath said:
Why this is rated 7:08 ?!
Because MAL? (and you should know better being here since 2012 :-))

thepath said:
I thought this was of the best shows in this season
You are not the only one who thought that. But this is MAL, so don't expect good shows to have a high score (unless they are really popular).
Nov 12, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
La Pucelle tried her best, too bad Cranberry it's really strong and seems that she is the one behind this deadly game.

Alice have the best power for sure, I wonder why she is looking for Snow White.
Nov 12, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2016
It's almost as if this show is becoming a contest to see who can traumatize Snow White the most.
Nov 12, 2016 5:26 PM
Jun 2016
WTF this gore dude so yumi OMG best cap ever love it 10/10
la pucelle damn dude
Magicaloid 44 was pretty
Hard Gore Alice I love this girl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2016 6:30 PM

Feb 2013
Well... that certainly got bloody fast. The only good loli is a dead loli. Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

SwimSwim has the OP weapon now...
Nov 13, 2016 2:48 PM

Jan 2014
SOU-CHAAAAAN. please anyone but him :'(
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Nov 15, 2016 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Cranberry is a freaking cheat.. don't get how she's that overpowered.
She could defeat Sou-chan like a punching bag but her slash by a giant sword just cause a scratch ? Come on.
This sucks.. Sou-chan died way too early damn it. The last scene was just awesome though wow.
Never thought she could kill even without her head. Suddenly the death count up so fast lol.
Nov 15, 2016 1:33 PM

Feb 2015
F**k this is depressing. Still pretty good though, I'm hooked. And we get rewarded with nano at the end of every episode so it's all fine
Nov 15, 2016 9:36 PM

Mar 2009
Sad. I liked La Pucelle a lot.

SwimSwim continues to be the most intriguing character.
Nov 19, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2009
SO... MANY... TURNAROUNDS...

I need some time to remember how many times a show surprised me so much... Really, i'm loving this show.
Nov 20, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, so many things happened this episode O_O So first we have La Pucelle vs Cranberry, which was just a slaughter basically ... well, the former tried :P Cranberry ended up coming on top though, and it seems like she's just fighting because she likes killing people ... not to mention Fav calls her "Master"? So did she/they just set up this entire thing so she could kill people? Hmm ... then we've got the items which have all sold out. I'm not surprised Swim named the weapon Ruler, or that she bought the most expensive one - I guess she still has as lot ahead of her after all. We still don't know where most of the other items are (like the rabbit's foot or other weapons) but Mary ended up getting the bag. Magicaloid was actually one of my favs and we got to see a bit of her IRL too, shame she died :( I was surprised that Alice was "killed" so quickly, but I guess her ability came in pretty handy huh ... uh, though that seems a little OP when it comes to fighting/surviving XD I guess she wants to help Snow White instead of kill her after all? Seems like Top Speed and the ninja girl (I forget her name) didn't buy any items either, so maybe that leaves us with Nana and Winterprison ...? Or Cranberry too :P Anyway this was pretty interesting, looking forward to the next episode :D
Nov 25, 2016 8:15 PM

Mar 2013
They killed my favorite character. I'm gonna have a much harder time enjoying this show now...
Dec 12, 2016 12:50 AM

Jan 2011
Oh my god what Cranberry and Fav were talking about. This is all just a test. I wouldn't be surprise if the numbers are fudge with.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 12, 2016 7:22 PM

Nov 2012
Yeeeeeeah Snow White just crossed the boundary from likably innocent to a pile of mush. She's only survived because of other people. At least Madoka had a spine, even if it sometimes got her into trouble.

Sorry, I know you can't compare everything to PMMM, but this series is BEGGING me to.
Dec 13, 2016 1:48 AM

Apr 2013
Netbug said:
Yeeeeeeah Snow White just crossed the boundary from likably innocent to a pile of mush. She's only survived because of other people. At least Madoka had a spine, even if it sometimes got her into trouble.

Sorry, I know you can't compare everything to PMMM, but this series is BEGGING me to.

This series isn't begging you to, as there's nothing alike. And SW already has more spine than Madoka and far more selfless. We're still in the prologue right now. So that mean, compare SW to Madoka at episode 1.
Dec 13, 2016 7:56 AM

Apr 2016
Well fuck me.

Who would've thought La Pucelle would die that early.
I don't really hate Cranberry(rather I found her interesting now cus they already showed her true nature since ep 1), I just can't get the fact that they decided to make her BRUTALLY murder La Pucelle like that, I mean when she kicked her to the wall REALLY made me pissed off that they decided to go that way.

But overall, it was a sad episode. Loved it and fucking hated it.
Favourite Quotes:

"If you wish for hope,an equal amount of despair will be rained down upon you too.That's how everything stays in equilibrium...and the world's balance doesn't get disturbed."

"Unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies,it remains only a single seed. Anyone who loves their life will lose it,while anyone who hates their life in this world...will keep it for eternal life."

"There's so much bullshit in this statement that even the shit from a bull isn't enough bullshit."
Dec 13, 2016 1:02 PM

Nov 2012
Zefyris said:
Netbug said:

This series isn't begging you to, as there's nothing alike. And SW already has more spine than Madoka and far more selfless. We're still in the prologue right now. So that mean, compare SW to Madoka at episode 1.

Episode 6 our of 12 is still the prologue? That's.... some darn awful pacing.
Dec 13, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2009
Netbug said:
Zefyris said:

I guess he meant the prologue of the overall serie. Like, the anime is adapting the first of the six arcs, and the first one is supposed to be a prologue.
Like some says what the anime of Re:Zero covers is only the prologue of the all story.
Dec 13, 2016 3:46 PM

Apr 2013
Netbug said:
Zefyris said:

Episode 12 is technically still the prologue of the story, so yeah. So basically by episode 12 you're reaching the equivalent in narration to madoka episode 3 at best. The story is far longer, that's why characters development haven't happened yet. Character development in a story usually result from what happens at the end of the story's initial state, IE, the end of the prologue.
Dec 13, 2016 4:59 PM

Nov 2012
Zefyris said:
Netbug said:

Episode 12 is technically still the prologue of the story, so yeah. So basically by episode 12 you're reaching the equivalent in narration to madoka episode 3 at best. The story is far longer, that's why characters development haven't happened yet. Character development in a story usually result from what happens at the end of the story's initial state, IE, the end of the prologue.

Then the series length either needed to be different or the writing reworked. An entire series where character development doesn't happen is boring, and expecting people to want a second season because "oh this was just a prologue" is ridiculous. I get that 12 episodes isn't nearly the same amount of time as a light novel series, but... for all the crud I throw at SAO for its pacing, at least it managed to include development of characters for all its problems.

Something working in another medium isn't an excuse for it not working in its adaptation.
Dec 14, 2016 12:19 AM

Apr 2013
Netbug said:
Zefyris said:

Then the series length either needed to be different or the writing reworked. An entire series where character development doesn't happen is boring, and expecting people to want a second season because "oh this was just a prologue" is ridiculous. I get that 12 episodes isn't nearly the same amount of time as a light novel series, but... for all the crud I throw at SAO for its pacing, at least it managed to include development of characters for all its problems.

Something working in another medium isn't an excuse for it not working in its adaptation.

Expecting a story to magically change from a prologue to a whole story is ridiculous, and the incomplete part is due to how bad anime medium itself is. it's unable to sustain itself and need other medium, which aren't interested in full length adaptation most of the time. Most novel adapted in anime have their anime ending like that, it's nothing new nor nothing specially rare. RnY adapted just the prologue, kyoukaisenjou no horizon adapted just the prologue(despite 26 episodes), and so on, plenty of very good novels had just their prologue adapted in anime form. Even if it goes further in than the prologue, it still stops somewhere before reaching even the middle of the story most of the time.

SAO is selling a hundred times more btw, they can afford to make 2 cour*2 and even then they only adapted like 25% of the current volume out right now.
Dec 14, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2012
Zefyris said:
Netbug said:

Expecting a story to magically change from a prologue to a whole story is ridiculous, and the incomplete part is due to how bad anime medium itself is. it's unable to sustain itself and need other medium, which aren't interested in full length adaptation most of the time. Most novel adapted in anime have their anime ending like that, it's nothing new nor nothing specially rare. RnY adapted just the prologue, kyoukaisenjou no horizon adapted just the prologue(despite 26 episodes), and so on, plenty of very good novels had just their prologue adapted in anime form. Even if it goes further in than the prologue, it still stops somewhere before reaching even the middle of the story most of the time.

SAO is selling a hundred times more btw, they can afford to make 2 cour*2 and even then they only adapted like 25% of the current volume out right now.

Wait, I'm a bit confused here. You're saying that the story problems are just a part of screenwriting? Then what about all the good survival horror and/or magical girl anime? Or just... good 12 episode series period?
Dec 15, 2016 2:42 AM

Apr 2013
Netbug said:
Zefyris said:

Wait, I'm a bit confused here. You're saying that the story problems are just a part of screenwriting? Then what about all the good survival horror and/or magical girl anime? Or just... good 12 episode series period?

I'm saying that a story can be done ina hundred page, another story in 1000 and another in 10,000, and that there is no superiority there, but that if you have just enough money to make one movie for each above, the novella will be completely adapted, whereas no matter what you do, you'll get only the beginning adapted for the other 2. Which means, no development for the main character.
you can't do a thing about it. "reworking the writing" isn't going to cut it at all. That's because there's a logical order for events and you can't just rework a 1,000 pages things so that what the character becomes after 500 pages magically happens after 50 in the movie.
When you adapt, you can and you should change things that won't go well in the new media, but you can't do miracles. What you're asking there is no anime studio, it's miracle workers that magically can bend all the narration rules and the whole scenario and time line without breaking anything important.
There's a reason why gecko endings are usually illogical and underwhelming, and what you're asking is far far worse than a simple gecko ending.

You can't have the development of the main characters of Mahoiku in 12 episodes, that's just impossible. And you can't blame the original writing for it, either. And you can't blame the studio for not making more than what they were paid for. And can't blame the publisher for not making more than one series when the anime fans aren't buying but pirating it instead.

So simply take Mahoiku for what it is. It's the prologue of a longer story, and advertisement for the original material, like pretty much anime novel adaptation and many manga adaptation as well. If peoples bought it you may have been able to see more, but if peoples don't buy, don't blame the production committee for pulling the stops. I already warned peoples before it started, that this wasn't madoka, that you wouldn't get character development with just a 12 episodes series, and so on.
Dec 15, 2016 4:18 PM

Sep 2013
I was complaining after episode 5 that the intensity level was not high enough to suit my taste. This episode corrected that. I hope this sort of tension keeps up throughout the rest of the series.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 15, 2016 10:46 PM

Nov 2012
Zefyris said:
Netbug said:

I'm saying that a story can be done ina hundred page, another story in 1000 and another in 10,000, and that there is no superiority there, but that if you have just enough money to make one movie for each above, the novella will be completely adapted, whereas no matter what you do, you'll get only the beginning adapted for the other 2. Which means, no development for the main character.
you can't do a thing about it. "reworking the writing" isn't going to cut it at all. That's because there's a logical order for events and you can't just rework a 1,000 pages things so that what the character becomes after 500 pages magically happens after 50 in the movie.
When you adapt, you can and you should change things that won't go well in the new media, but you can't do miracles. What you're asking there is no anime studio, it's miracle workers that magically can bend all the narration rules and the whole scenario and time line without breaking anything important.
There's a reason why gecko endings are usually illogical and underwhelming, and what you're asking is far far worse than a simple gecko ending.

You can't have the development of the main characters of Mahoiku in 12 episodes, that's just impossible. And you can't blame the original writing for it, either. And you can't blame the studio for not making more than what they were paid for. And can't blame the publisher for not making more than one series when the anime fans aren't buying but pirating it instead.

So simply take Mahoiku for what it is. It's the prologue of a longer story, and advertisement for the original material, like pretty much anime novel adaptation and many manga adaptation as well. If peoples bought it you may have been able to see more, but if peoples don't buy, don't blame the production committee for pulling the stops. I already warned peoples before it started, that this wasn't madoka, that you wouldn't get character development with just a 12 episodes series, and so on.

okay but if a series offers nothing interesting to keep me invested it's doing a crappy job as an advertisement, and personally I need character - not just tons of violence and one-off characters - to be invested.
Dec 16, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2013
Netbug said:
Zefyris said:

okay but if a series offers nothing interesting to keep me invested it's doing a crappy job as an advertisement, and personally I need character - not just tons of violence and one-off characters - to be invested.

The key point here is "personally". This story has plenty to offer even with just its prologue, but it will not offer character development for the reason we talked above. So indeed for you it's not interesting, but that's for you, and more importantly, with that in mind you should have stayed away from 12 episodes adaptation of long novel series anyway :).
Dec 18, 2016 2:57 PM

Sep 2016
I saw it coming since episode 1, but seeing anime killing your favorite character is always hard. I really wasn't ready for him to go.

Damn, that was a bloody ending.
Dec 20, 2016 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
wow, killing off characters ala Akame ga Kill vibes here...
Dec 29, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
I knew this boy would die from the beginning but I was trying to dismiss the feeling
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 4, 2017 12:05 PM

Mar 2010
YES!! The second worst character died so early!! Too bad Magicaloid died as well, I liked her and thought she had potential. So far, mostly the characters I hate are dying while the characters I like are doing well. Other than that, I really like the anime. It has interesting themes and battle royale is always fun to watch. I just wish there were more characters like Ruler and Swim Swim. Seriously, no one planning ahead in an kill-or-be-killed scenario annoys me.
Jan 11, 2017 4:17 AM

Mar 2015
No more magical girl show than survival now! Poor La Pucelle
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 26, 2017 1:25 AM

Jan 2014
I was rooting for La Pucelle, but I've seen so many death flag before it was coming. so whatever, poor you Sou-chan. you can never win against Admin.

Magicaloid 44 is awesome, I like the design, but too bad she let her guard down. she sould scout first before attacking Alice.

So, it has come to this. Alice gonna be a La Pucelle substitute right? I was wondering why she's searching Snow White after she become a magical girl.
May 19, 2017 10:29 AM

Feb 2014
3 letters: WTF

First Cranberry brutally beats up La Pucelle, but luckily Sou still has energy to slicce her with her blade, BUT THEN CRANBERRY DOESN'T DIE AND THROWS HIM IN FRONT OF A CAR????? (super sad about La Pucelle, I really liked her :( and now Cranberry really needs to die because of that)

THEN, Magicaloid come over, Kills new girl before she has a chance to say anything to Snow White, but THEN gets stabbed in the stomach by presumably new girl's had, AFTER HER HEAD IS CHOPPED OFF (which I guess shouldn't be too unbelievable seeing as new girl has health regeneration magic, but still, HOLY SHIT)!!!!!

The items add n interesting aspect, although it costs your life in years :O Too bad Snow White couldn't buy any of them because they were all sold out. Maybe the rabbit foot she got in the beginning of the anime will come in handy?

Really liking this anime so far, but I feel like the battles and action are a little lacking, and seem to rely a little too much on shock value :/
Noodle070May 19, 2017 10:38 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2017 11:04 AM

Feb 2015
How the FUCK is a musician supposed to be stronger than a warrior? Fuck Cranberry.

I like how it's getting bloodier, though.
Jul 30, 2017 3:32 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kazzers said:
Damn....La Pucelle was my favorite and I was hoping to see my ship with Snow White continue.
This episode got really bloody and brutal.

I had that going for it too. T_T

What annoys me most is that Cranberry is also one of my favs, but now I m kinda scared of how much fucked she can be.

That goth loli seems like she wants to Homura's care Snow White, so all fine by me, for that matter.

RIP La Pucelle, and fuck the robot.
Aug 13, 2017 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
Hardgore alice is not putting any shame to her name, nice
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 25, 2017 3:28 PM

May 2012
Oh snap that ending and middle part! RIP that one kid that seemed a good male friend :|
Oct 8, 2018 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
Holy fuck that was quite the episode.

Cranberry and Alice are quite interesting. Let's see where this goes.
Apr 23, 2019 1:47 AM

Feb 2015
So... much... blood!

I genuinely thought La Pucelle and Snow White would be the last ones standing and there would be some sort of happy end... I guess anything goes now.

Alice killing Magicaloid would've taken me by surprise... if they didn't mention she can recover from any injuries earlier. Which pretty much makes her immortal if she can survive her head cut off.

Though in contrast to Alice's appearance (which I really like) I'm sure she's a good girl since she saved Snow White but then again, she could just be retaliating.
May 6, 2019 10:40 AM

Nov 2018
I'm glad I decided to watch this after reading the book. I was so confused by that last scene in the book, but now it makes sense. Hardgore Alice is fucking badass. I'm gonna miss Magicaloid, though.
Aug 21, 2019 12:05 AM

Jul 2016
Can we get an F in the chat for La Pucelle and Magicaloid 44?
Jul 18, 2020 10:49 PM

Mar 2019
This anime really goes downhill after Souta and Magicaloid's death. RIP. At least Hardgore Alice is cool, she's one of the reasons I kept watching.
Apr 16, 2021 5:13 AM

Oct 2007
looks like Cranberry won from experience, it seems she knows sirens / police car sounds are a good distraction for a good guy like Souta. As for Souta, to be fair, he's very young, and inexperienced in a life or death situation. Well, and with him gone, Snow White can hopefully mature a bit.

surprised that Swim used her own lifespan to buy a 25 year price tag item just to give it to Dog Girl. And Dog Girl only had to pay 5 years for the spear. It seems Swim does care about her weaker team member.

also the death of Doraemon. Magicaloid calls Mary a homicidal maniac, but she does not realize that she has become a homicidal maniac herself. Good riddance to the scammer. I do like her design though.. robot from the future with limited Doraemon ability.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

341 by Fn76 »»
Jan 28, 1:54 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

233 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

251 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.