Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, this is an episode about erythrocyte and the way they become full red blood cells. The process gives me a sci-fi vibe but I found it pretty creative. I think the creators of the show were aiming to make it look as unique as possible and that was an appeal.

The erythrocyte also look super cute (kinda reminds me of the platelets). They also look very human-like personalities.

Monster of the week is still the usual abomination causing trouble. This time, it has one giant eye...

NK Cell is such a badass.
Stark700Aug 12, 2018 9:01 AM
Aug 11, 2018 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode again.

The little backstory with Red blood cell and White Blood cell was touching. xD
I do hope the White Blood Cell she knows now is the same kid that saved her before.

Well well well, I was wondering when they were gonna bring him in and it looks like Cancer Cell finally showed up. That sneaky specimen.

If only high school Biology was taught like this. xD
Aug 11, 2018 10:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great Episode!

It was heartwarming to see the RBC and WBCs past. I hope it’s the two of them that we’ve been accustomed to already, but I’m up for any surprises. Erythrocytes looked so adorable though, I must admit. They kind of reminded me of those cute platelets. On another note, looks like next epsiode is set with NK Cell figuring out the truth. Can’t wait to see how that goes!

Looking forward to the next epsiode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 11, 2018 10:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

If only high school Biology was taught like this. xD

I know right, I wouldn’t have to be dozing off each and every Biology lesson then.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 11, 2018 10:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm getting lost and finding yourself back at your homeland. Having a school as the homeland is an interesting choice. Macrophage's attitude really suits her role as the homeroom teacher for the young ones. Guess even when little RB cell was a natural at getting lost. But to think that both the RB cell and the WB cell met in the past as children having been caught in the same situation. Nk cell is quite the character. The rivalry between Nk cell and Killer T was quite amusing. The ending sure was unexpected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2018 10:40 AM

Jan 2016
I'm delighted how the anime manages to put me in awe from cuteness in every episode
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Aug 11, 2018 10:48 AM

Dec 2017
everyone in here is mad cute, even the Macrophage is cute af in this episode, love seeing her being teacher and active and such.

the lack of fighting scene surely can be covered up in the next episode, and i hope it will be a great one, David Productions do your magic.

NK Cell, Killer T Cell and Eosinophil is best trio ever
Aug 11, 2018 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
For anyone wondering, NK Cell's VA was Yukinari Toa. Same lass who's playing Azusa in Grand Blue this season.
Aug 11, 2018 10:58 AM

Dec 2017
Sangaz said:
For anyone wondering, NK Cell's VA was Yukinari Toa. Same lass who's playing Azusa in Grand Blue this season.

oh shit, she’s also voiced Casca in Berserk 2016 & 2017, in which Casca didn’t speak at all:(
Aug 11, 2018 11:02 AM
Jan 2018
Is cancer cell's voice Ishida Akira-san?
Aug 11, 2018 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
I have mixed feelings about the studio adapting the Cancer Cell arc just now. While I agree the chapter of the erythroblasts and the myelocytes was too short to cover a whole episode (I wouldn't have mind anime original content for this, tbh), I think
would had been a great way to finish the series, since it's not episodic and would've made a great stopping point for a second season. In fact, with how David Productions is re-ordering the chapters of the manga, I fear the possibility of they adapting

The episode itself was pretty cute, it was so sweet how Neutrophil saved Red Blood Cell when they were young cells, and how red blood cell was a born klutz. They were both so damn cute (damn it, this anime is making me shipping two cells, I'm degenerating even more).
I liked the childlish interactions between NK Cell and Killer T Cell, with Neutrophil acting as the mediator between them. Those dam lymphocytes are so complicated. We end in cliffhanger, and next episode will be pretty intense. Cannot wait for it.

kamudosanno said:
Yep, it is him. Curiously, I imagined him voiced by Ishida while reading the manga. I feel stupidly happy.
Aug 11, 2018 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
The back story was so cute!! lol!

I KNEW Ishida Akira cell was one of the bad guys. Almost all of his characters end up dead!

It's so funny how they count calls using 'nin' counter, which is used to count people. Kind of feels like there are many humans inside the human body.
Aug 11, 2018 1:20 PM

Aug 2012
My god he was protecting her even when she was young...so amazing and adorable.
Aug 11, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2011
I just loved to see a bit of the past of our favorite cells, how they came to be and the training and everything, it was lovely. On a side note, this anime really is a biology class, I didn't know that the Macrophage also had that role.

I just wish Red Blood Cell would recognize him, but I guess that it isn't going to happen any time soon, but that's also okay, they have a bond now and that matters more than memories. I also liked the new cell that was introduced, her bickering with Killer T Cell was pretty funny, I just hope it won't happen again and again.

And I can't believe it ended on a cliffhanger, it's the first time, cancer is a pretty serious business so I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 11, 2018 2:24 PM

Feb 2014
This show has been successful in making me go "awww" in every episode and today is no exception as we get a look at the past of our favourite Red and White blood cells and how they first encountered each other with that bacteria running amok. Their expressions are just super adorable and I do hope that they both recognise each other from their past one day.

The NK cell makes her appearance and she wastes no time in showing off her skills and shows no hesitation in putting the Killer T Cell in his place. XD

However, the next foe is going to be a tough one, with it being a cancer cell. I'm expecting a long a tough battle, one where I hope our favourite characters will win. ^_^
Aug 11, 2018 2:45 PM

Jun 2017
Another good episode. Not as action oriented as the others so far but they don't all need to be.
Aug 11, 2018 3:44 PM

May 2017
This episode definitely felt different from the previous ones. I like where this show is going so far and I love the backstory we got for Red and White blood cell. Never thought this show would end with some sort of cliffhanger though.
Aug 11, 2018 3:56 PM

Apr 2018
kamudosanno said:

I think it was him. I kept thinking I knew that voice all too well until I recognized Kagari's voice from Psycho-Pass! So maybe it was him all right!
Aug 11, 2018 3:58 PM

Feb 2014
That first half, I almost died of cuteness overload :3
Aug 11, 2018 4:10 PM
Jan 2014
Adorable couple, even as children it was seen that they were destined to meet! >///< 💓💓👌

Aug 11, 2018 6:04 PM

Oct 2011
Ugh, loved that backstory episode!! They were so cute as kids.

Nice to see NK Cell's appearance, this show has really taught me so much more about cells than school biology classes lol. I didn't expect that cliffhanger though, can't wait for the next episode!
KosurinAug 12, 2018 6:10 PM
Aug 11, 2018 6:09 PM
Jun 2017
great episode it just the part I just seem to be a "filler"?
is that phrase is close enough..
i mean the part I it just way too off the track when u see it from the part II side of the whole episode, it just doesnt feels like their usuall plot is where the part I meant to be part II interlude but still somwhow connected

we can just tolerate the part I is just to ensure white blood cells definition of being a great white cell, cus u know like he said "i want to be a great white cell" and the way his conversation with that cell who disguising himself to idk yet what. that great white cell didnt take as deku's overbearing and lame ambition to be a hero, but more like a decent, simple yet deep not frustating to see kind of ambition to be great white cell

overall great episode and great series i just love the way that this anime gives the atmosphere to the audience
Aug 11, 2018 6:19 PM

Sep 2007
i don't follow the manga so i don't know what's going to happen but the moment i heard Ishida Akira's voice i knew he would be one of the villains lol
Aug 11, 2018 8:16 PM

Nov 2016
Nice flashback episode,was interesting to see how cells "grow up".

And NK cell is pretty waifu.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 11, 2018 10:22 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I feel like this episode is a step up for the series. So far it's been fairly formulaic (which wasn't bad for this kind of show), but now we are getting backstory, continuity, and potentially epic fight coming up. Wonder if the second half of the series is going to be plot based?
Also having NK cells be Lone Wolf powerhouses is so perfect. The representations of these cells are super accurate. Which makes is just that much better.
Aug 11, 2018 11:12 PM

Jan 2017
Does anyone else think that the erythrocyte in this episode looked really similar to the villain Gyoro Gyoro from One Punch Man??

Aug 11, 2018 11:26 PM

Feb 2018
"I'M GONNA BE A GREAT WHITE BLOOD CELLS" hmmm i think i heard that phrase before :D

so RBC didn't realize WBC who saved her in past is WBC who usually help her now. how can i ship RBC and WBC,ship 2 cells :D

Cancer cells is coming!
Aug 12, 2018 5:15 AM

May 2013
Loli RBC x Shota WBC is so cute.

Wow who knew that Ritsuka Fujimura/ Gudao was actually the villain cell. W8 what if he was behind the singularities in Fate all along.
Looks like some epic fight is about to go down with him and NK Cell. Boi he about to summon some servants while NK with her stand
DarkwindJRAug 12, 2018 5:21 AM
Aug 12, 2018 5:18 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was had a bit of whiplash, and it was kinda interesting how Killer Cell knew the cancer was faking it.
Aug 12, 2018 5:43 AM
Jul 2018
the MC is kind of annoying lowkey..idk
she kinda ruins the experience for me
Aug 12, 2018 5:46 AM

May 2018
kamudosanno said:

yeah, totally recognized him since I used to play Gundam Seed alliance vs zaft a lot, I always hear him as Athrun :D

today's episode is so cute! RBC is adorable.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Aug 12, 2018 6:05 AM
Aug 2017
This is Episode was so cute especially the red blood cell loli and NK cell damn so beautiful i can't wait for the next episodes due to cliffhanger
Aug 12, 2018 8:44 AM

Jan 2018
After seeing them as children I just want to ship them
Ooh cancer cell it's going to be a big fight
NK cell you are a hard ass
Aug 12, 2018 9:34 AM

Jan 2017
Top secret sneak preview of next episode:

Aug 12, 2018 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
RED BLOOD CELL HAD SUCH A TRAGIC EVENT IN HER LIFE OMG But it turned out pretty nice in the end. Also this was an excellent episode for the ship, to think White Blood Cell was protecting her since they were so young... But on the other hand I just watched a couple of children being chased around and beat up but found myself enjoying it and that kind of worries me... almost as much as the fact that I'm shipping extremely small parts of the Human body... BUT IT'S CUTE SO IT'S FINE.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 12, 2018 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
They made the tedious and boring process of eritropoyesis simple, cute and fun, this anime sure is great.
I still have a hard time believing this is a healthy body, even a bacteria got to the marrow, like that is not supposed to happen easily.

Wonder how they will do this cancer thing, it is a complex sickness. Also NK cell's description was to make her look good, actually NK cell's descriprion should be "kills any cell it wants, f**k everyone"
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Aug 12, 2018 4:25 PM

Jan 2017
Finally we get the reveal of the Natural Killer cell.
Aug 12, 2018 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
hahahahah best way to teach the kids is by simply telling them to run away and hide xD red blood cell is probably the most unlucky cell ever xD

I find it funny that in the 1st episode she says that she hopes to meet him again someday, even though that she sees him everywhere she goes xD Even when she was a child ahaha she "grew up" with him ahaha

Wow, i find it impressive the amount of protection that our body has against threats because in school we are only taught about white blood cells and nothing else, but in reality, there is so much more!

I was so curious about if we will have an episode about cancer and how they would kill it, can't wait for next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 12, 2018 5:36 PM

Mar 2018
OriharaShinra said:
Also NK cell's description was to make her look good, actually NK cell's descriprion should be "kills any cell it wants, f**k everyone"

Haha omg yes. Honestly I thought she was going to kill T-Cell after he dumped the water on her

omg I want RBC & WBC to be together so bad now. Is that weird? I think its probably weird.
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Aug 12, 2018 6:56 PM

May 2016
That Killer T Cell. He reeks of NTR i swear 😂😂😂

Aug 12, 2018 11:26 PM

Jul 2016
We are finally going to see Cancer-chan! yay

Also the backstory at the beginning is really cute
Aug 13, 2018 6:36 AM
Jun 2017
another beautiful story, this time its all about erythrocytes and myelocytes (or the immature RBC's and WBC's). I like how the anime has shown those cute rbc's..

anyways on the last part i have an idea that it is not a virus since the NK cell is saying many times its not just a virus etc, and the preview for NEXT EPISODE SAYS ITS A CANCER CELL!!! im so excited about this one... hahaha..
Aug 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Sep 2014
Those young red blood cells are way too adorable and now I'm shipping Red Blood Cell with White Blood Cell even more!
Ishida Akira as cancer cell eh...hope things won't get too messy .-.
Aug 13, 2018 12:09 PM

Dec 2015
So, AE 3803 has a tendency to get lost every since she was a kid. She doesn't remember U-1146, but I wonder if he remembers her...

I'm liking NK Cell! If she and Killer T are gonna fight every time they meet, then I'm all in for her appearing regularly. She's also pretty hot, so, that's a bonus :3
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 13, 2018 3:05 PM

Dec 2016
Holy fuck this was adorable!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 13, 2018 10:04 PM

Jan 2018
Loved this episode, the flashback was great and I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode's fight with the cancer cell.
Aug 14, 2018 7:36 AM
Jan 2016
This anime gives me a new way to study hahaha, probably the fun way...
Aug 14, 2018 12:47 PM

Oct 2012
The first part was nice stray from the usual and I kinda like the nostalgia although there was still the horrid monster of the week.

The second part was kinda meh and taking putting cells in I kinda doubt about healthiness of this body they are putting way too many things in just for the show... it's one plot device after another plot device almost constantnly.
Aug 14, 2018 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
this episode was uninteresting for me compare to last bloody episode. Surprised to see it did ends with cliffhanger as we see the other side of that him..
Aug 14, 2018 7:14 PM

Jul 2016
Man, the body they're all living is really fuck up. One day it's allergies, the next one, parasites and now cancer. Jeez.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

81 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2018

72 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

82 by Mario_M_001 »»
Apr 14, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

91 by Seraschi »»
Apr 8, 5:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.