Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 18, 2018 5:07 AM

Apr 2017
Not even an illicit cash-grabbing sheer of mediocrity can depict with tons of sh*tfest..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Feb 18, 2018 5:16 AM

Oct 2015
please, please. Don't skip the rape scene
Feb 18, 2018 5:20 AM
Jul 2016
White Fox is a decent studio. They are taking very important things to adapt. It's a big responsibility. That will probably be for next year, for spring.
Feb 18, 2018 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
They're probably going to censor it unless AT-X airs this on TV honestly.

I haven't read the LN but the manga didn't impress me much.
Feb 18, 2018 6:16 AM

Dec 2010
Stark700 said:
They're probably going to censor it unless AT-X airs this on TV honestly.

Agree, i hope for At-X or will be a mess. If they take down or remove goblin depravity and leave only the gore will be a huge disappointment.
The manga isn't something so gargeous but i'm enjoying it anyway, at least is an original and edgy story outside the canons of the genre.
Feb 18, 2018 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
Oh shit, this is the best news I've heard all week!! I hope they don't censor it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 18, 2018 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
Good news. The LN source might not be particularly great, but we don't get many works like that in the medium, especially these days.
Feb 18, 2018 6:48 AM

Apr 2012
Anime Goblin Slayer? Made by White Fox? Lord, it's hard to come up with better news: D

Feb 18, 2018 7:13 AM

Nov 2013
Not so appealing, because of those characters in PV.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 18, 2018 7:21 AM

Dec 2014
I've heard that it's a pretty interesting series, I'll look forward to it.
Feb 18, 2018 7:41 AM

Sep 2013
HYPEEEEE
Y
P
E
E
E
E
E
Feb 18, 2018 7:42 AM

Nov 2008
I don't think this will fly even from AT-X if it does have goblin rape unless this is the next 5 minute hentai, then it surely will. Oh and nice to have Yui Ogura in the cast.

Feb 18, 2018 7:51 AM

Jun 2008
The LN are amazing, but I expect tons of censorship in the anime.
Feb 18, 2018 8:06 AM

Oct 2015
Looks pretty cool, and there are some good actors. :3

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Feb 18, 2018 8:20 AM

Sep 2017
They are up for some rape
Glad white fox is adapting it
I REALLY want this to be good

ボールルームダンサー
Feb 18, 2018 8:26 AM

Aug 2014
Kuma said:
you thing shild hero already edgy? wait for this...

This pretty much...I wonder how they will adapt the introduction.
Feb 18, 2018 9:48 AM

Feb 2015
Mhhh... Another edgy dungeon anime featuring too OP MC? I guess I'll be baited to watch it.
Feb 18, 2018 10:13 AM

May 2012
I will watch it for sure

Edgy anime is the best genre. I have yet to see edgy anime that is unenjoyable

Hoppy said:
I don't think this will fly even from AT-X if it does have goblin rape unless this is the next 5 minute hentai, then it surely will. Oh and nice to have Yui Ogura in the cast.

The next 5 min hentai for next season was already announced last week

https://myanimelist.net/news/54045321
Feb 18, 2018 10:57 AM
Nov 2017
White Fox should pick up the Berserk series :(

Hell yeah! finally the Goblin Slayer anime, rape and gore should NOT be censored, can't wait!! :)
Feb 18, 2018 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
thepath said:
I will watch it for sure

Edgy anime is the best genre. I have yet to see edgy anime that is unenjoyable

Hoppy said:

The next 5 min hentai for next season was already announced last week

https://myanimelist.net/news/54045321

That means this anime won't be uncensored then.

Feb 18, 2018 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
Oh yeah, great news
Loved the manga, gonna be epic one indeed\(^o^)/
Feb 18, 2018 2:39 PM

May 2016
woaaaaah can't believe the adaptation will come this fast. really looking forward to white fox's work!

i knew they're nameless, but i didn't expect it would be cow girl xD
i thought it'll be childhood friend or something.

btw, please add the description admin-san
Uchiha_MadaoFeb 18, 2018 3:31 PM
Feb 18, 2018 2:49 PM

Mar 2016
OMG this is good news for me , I love the manga adaptation of this , hopefully we can see it this year
Feb 18, 2018 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
_Ako_ said:
Mhhh... Another edgy dungeon anime featuring too OP MC? I guess I'll be baited to watch it.

Nah, the MC isn't OP at all in that he'd probably struggle a lot if he's fighting anything other than goblins. Goblins in this isn't particularly strong either but they're a threat in their numbers so most adventures underestimated them and got killed (and raped for reproduction) in the process which you'll see a lot of in the beginning lol. Our MC here is called Goblin Slayer cause he kept on killing only goblins (learning their behaviours and using strategy to counter that) while other adventures move on to bigger, famous monsters, ignoring the looming threat of the ever-growing goblins.

Goblin Slayer is the best expert there is regarding goblins but definitely not OP.
EasyGo-erFeb 18, 2018 4:31 PM

Feb 18, 2018 4:26 PM

Mar 2015
MsVitchDa2nd said:
Kuma said:

Shield hero is less gore but more of a "F$%k you" to the MC show

shield hero discrimination make MC soo edgy, but this one still take a cake since even MC isn't oppressed anymore, the revange still pretty edgy...

loli_a_ravioli said:
Kuma said:

Shield Hero is just utter garbage through and through after the initial arc.

As for GS i only read the manga and yes it was a bit overly edgy at certain parts but so far it's decent and fun at times to read. It helps that the MC is not laughably edgy like Shield Hero and most isekai garbages out there.

not that i disagree, but honestlt, GS for me wasn't soo much different from fantasy gorefeast i've ever seen, just more exposition... and it is edgy... TBH IMO, nidome no yuusha is much more interesting even more generic because there is no reasoning there... everyone simply asshole...

i wonder if RE:monster os thing like that will ever get adaptation as counter to this? will anyone have guts to do so?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 18, 2018 5:32 PM
Aug 2012
The best thing about this series is THAT IS NOT A FUCKING ISEKAI!!

Is disgusting the amount of isekai nowadays that are killing the Fantasy genre. So good to have a break of Isekai for this awesome novel/manga.

Looking forward for this Masterpiece
Feb 18, 2018 5:47 PM

Aug 2015
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
MsVitchDa2nd said:

that doesnt make sense bro, the term isekai is often used when someone goes to another world from our world.
then i assume u believe grancrest senki thats currently airing this season is an isekai? NO, its just high fantasy that applies to goblin slayer as well
yeah i do understand what isekai means , I'm just saying that i don't like these kind of settings which are kinda similar to isekais.

Fantasy setting has been used in movies,animes,shows and books for ages which is way before any isekai genre was even created.

Judging by your logic even anime like Fullmetal alchemist,Angel beats or Gurren lagaan are also isekai right? and so are movies like harry potter,lord of the rings.
Feb 18, 2018 7:28 PM

May 2017
I never said that they are isekai anime,i said they resemble isekai settings and isekai's mainly consists of dungeon hunting , completing quest etc and these kind of things are not seen FMAB,Angel beats and Gurren lagaan neither in the movies you mentioned above.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2018 8:01 PM

Apr 2016
Only read the manga but weirdly enough I wasn't surprised that this got an anime adaptation.

I wonder if they will do uncensored version of this since it had a lot of gore and rape.

Interesting that White Fox picked up this one. This will be my first ever watch of an anime that I already have an idea about the source material.

So Arifureta got delayed coz of this? XD
Feb 19, 2018 12:35 AM
Jan 2018
footmaster said:
Only read the manga but weirdly enough I wasn't surprised that this got an anime adaptation.

I wonder if they will do uncensored version of this since it had a lot of gore and rape.

Interesting that White Fox picked up this one. This will be my first ever watch of an anime that I already have an idea about the source material.

So Arifureta got delayed coz of this? XD

well if goblin slayer gonna airs this year then im fine with arifureta being in 2019. just to make top quality.

these days white fox has been aiming for bigger titles that only aims towards adult audiences than mediocre shows like other studios do
Feb 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Apr 2013
I heard of the LN before, don't know anything about it though. But the name and synopsis sounds kinda cool, added.
Feb 19, 2018 3:35 AM

Jul 2012
Can't wait to see GS's seiyuu amazing performance :
"I see"
"Is that so ?"
"yes"
"no"
"Goblins"
" When it comes to women, the ideal is small, soft, cute and smart enough to pretend they're stupid" Kazami Yuuji
Feb 19, 2018 4:24 AM

Mar 2014
Loved the manga! I will watch it for sure.
Feb 19, 2018 5:21 AM
Feb 2018
I hope this will be good, otherwise there will be no salvation for any of us.

Oh milord goblin slayer
Feb 19, 2018 6:01 AM
Aug 2014
Did someone say "goblins"?

Feb 19, 2018 12:49 PM

Feb 2014
Goblin Slayer getting an anime adaptation? hell yeah! i'm ready for Goblin Slayer doing his thing.
Dragon Kick Your Ass Into The Milky Way!

Feb 19, 2018 1:37 PM
Feb 2018
madarchod said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
yeah i do understand what isekai means , I'm just saying that i don't like these kind of settings which are kinda similar to isekais.

Fantasy setting has been used in movies,animes,shows and books for ages which is way before any isekai genre was even created.

Judging by your logic even anime like Fullmetal alchemist,Angel beats or Gurren lagaan are also isekai right? and so are movies like harry potter,lord of the rings.

Interesting Fun Fact: before Tolkien many fantasy stories were actually about characters transported to another world or a historic version of earth. John Carter is technically Isekai. "Three Hearths and Three Lions", the story which inspired Gary Gygax to create the Paladin for Dungeons and Dragons is about a WW2 soldier who gets transported to medieval fantasy europe.

So Isekai is actually a very old trope of fantasy
Feb 19, 2018 11:31 PM

Mar 2015
YueYukii said:
The best thing about this series is THAT IS NOT A FUCKING ISEKAI!!

Is disgusting the amount of isekai nowadays that are killing the Fantasy genre. So good to have a break of Isekai for this awesome novel/manga.

Looking forward for this Masterpiece

only LN or LN based anime manga that flooded by issekai... fantasy is nowhere to be dominated by issekai...

MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
I never said that they are isekai anime,i said they resemble isekai settings and isekai's mainly consists of dungeon hunting , completing quest etc and these kind of things are not seen FMAB,Angel beats and Gurren lagaan neither in the movies you mentioned above.

that's JRPG element and isekai is not alone in here... it has been here since DQ and MH...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 20, 2018 7:46 AM

Sep 2013
Another manga spinoff has been announced too.
https://twitter.com/GoblinSlayer_GA/status/965866622643679232
Feb 20, 2018 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
oryouohagi said:
And here I was saying just the other day that there will be no more great isekai series.

Is this even isekai?

Is this even great?
its not an isekai since hes not transported anywhere.
i think its geat, one of the problems with isekai is the wish fulfillment that has an OP MC easily obtaining a harem and just plowing through enemies without much of a challenge... it gets boring. luckily thats not the case here (though i do worry killing goblins will eventually get old, even with the different types).

though if you want an isekai thats sort of similar to goblin slayer i would recommend Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, while not as dark as Goblin slayer it definitely is darker than most isekai and actually gives you the feeling killing a goblin (the first kill was so well done) or other enemies and is basically more realistic than isekai tend to be, the MC is even less OP than goblin slayer (underpowered if anything)

Kuma said:
i wonder if RE:monster os thing like that will ever get adaptation as counter to this? will anyone have guts to do so?
if they are doing goblin slayer i dont see why not, they'd just have to tone down the orgies, I love the (basic) concept of RE:monster, but its too wish fulfillment for me too enjoy much, definitely prefer a dark and gritty version like goblin slayer
Feb 20, 2018 10:11 AM

Mar 2017
MsVitchDa2nd said:
Kuma said:

Yes, the entire first half really is a prolonged "fuck you" to the mc lmao.

come, you sweet hour of death
Feb 20, 2018 11:42 AM

Oct 2017
Selling point of Goblin Slayer is brutal world. Anime are often quite censored so I don't know what to think about it.
We didn't see even a glimpse of real animation so it can be monstrosity like newest Berserk.
No opinion about it right now.
Feb 21, 2018 12:30 AM
Jan 2018
Abhorrent said:
MsVitchDa2nd said:

Yes, the entire first half really is a prolonged "fuck you" to the mc lmao.

the best part about this show how the MC says "fuck you" back XD
Feb 21, 2018 11:49 AM

Oct 2014
It would be so damn funny if this and re:monster (by another studio, e.g. madhouse), if it ever got an anime, aired in the same season. People claiming who between GS and Rou is stronger would be endless and it would energize both sub-forums and the anime discussion forum.

Still, where are all the BEST SELLING non-human protagonist RPG-like fantasy stories/isekai? Until now only Overlord comes to mind (LH doesn't really count).

"Regarding reincarnated to slime" is already TOP TIER in terms of LN sales and I can imagine it would be popular as hell as an anime too. Similar case with Kumo-chan.
Grey-ZoneFeb 21, 2018 11:54 AM
Feb 26, 2018 10:47 PM

Sep 2017
OMFG!!!!! I LOVE THE GOBLIN SLAYER SERIES!!!! <3 Totally with a hard on right now.
Feb 27, 2018 6:49 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The disconnect between the trailer and the poster in insurmountable. Whitefox can choke.
Mar 1, 2018 10:20 AM

Jan 2018
Wow what a time to be alive! Hype is real <3
Mar 13, 2018 1:17 PM

Mar 2016
Goblin Slayer isn't edgy, he just happens to hate goblin. He's just a normal person actually.
Mar 18, 2018 9:22 PM

May 2014
Anyone who picks this up without being familiar with the source material is going to be shocked.

It's as nasty as Berserk, if not worse ...
(and by that I don't mean the toned-down scenes you saw in the anime adaptations, but real brutal stuff like Wyald/Kushan army/trolls in the manga).

Though I would hope people are actually interested in the story and not just OMG MONSTER RAPE.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Mar 21, 2018 9:32 AM
Jan 2018
From what I have read of the light novel so far I see it as a good dark fantasy series and I have faith in White Fox and hoping that it will be a good adaptation.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
48 minutes ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.