Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2017 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Yasaburou...trying to do the right thing but at least they were able to avoid a crisis with Benten.

Nice to see a bit of focus on Yajiro this episode with his trip.
Yasaburou and Kaise's relationship seems to have improved somewhat since their last encounter.
Jun 11, 2017 7:44 AM

Sep 2015
Its coming!!! The evils finally made their move and Yajiro gonna discover some big plot here. Next two episodes going to be excited.

Btw speaking about Benten crying, actually in season 1 she did have those kind of moments when she went to "consult" with Yajiro under the well.
valvravetruthJun 11, 2017 7:49 AM
Jun 11, 2017 9:08 AM

May 2015
Flashbacks of the dad are always touching and heartwarming.

Great episode. It seems like things just turned really ugly and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets worse.... I can't believe we have only two episodes left, but I bet these two are going to be phenomenal!

Jun 11, 2017 9:08 AM

Nov 2016
I like the new girl.

So Kureichirou was suspicious after all...

Damn, Tenmaya is on the move.
Jun 11, 2017 9:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm really losing my patience with Benten now. If she ends up saving Yasaborou and Kaisei, i won't agree with it. Really hope, it's gonna be Yaichirou himself.

Yajirou exploring the world was actually the best part, me thinks. Him meeting another tanuki girl and she constantly mentioning ''holes''. Another metaphor and foreshadowing for something?

Kureichirou is a fake then? What's up with that?

Tenmaya also here to fuck shit up, just what the hell is going on?

Kaisei better not be dead! :(
Jun 11, 2017 9:34 AM
May 2013
I knew something was not right from the beginning of the Ep but wasn't expecting that ending...

Damn...it seems Yajirou's gonna get deeply involved ....

Also, that Dream really got me... thought it was real...

The 'other side' have made their move ...

Things got a lot more interesting.. Too bad there's only 2 more episodes..
Jun 11, 2017 10:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Shit has officially gotten beyond real O_O Did not expect all of these twist and turn of events
Jun 11, 2017 10:41 AM

Jan 2015
Well well if it isnt Tenmaya. sad that Yasaburou cant even do anything since he can transform near Kaisei. Shit's going down though and considering the dream where Benten says its sad she is gonna eat him i know where this is all going.
Kureichirou is suspicous then huh glad to see a new tanuki family with adorable girl who likes digging holes. Possible ship.

I also really liked her hair bang when she is in transformation did anyone notice that? that's super cute.
I can say though i was just so happy to see Kaisei. ever since she apeared heart started beating. I love her so much lol. I could see the look of upset on her face that Yasaburou doesnt want to marry her :D

Anyway the most important thing. Can anyone make a gif of Kaisei in tanuki form laughing near the end of episode? that was super adorable.
Jun 11, 2017 11:16 AM

Dec 2012
OMG!
The final two episodes will be awesome.

Yajirou you lolicon;)
Jun 11, 2017 11:54 AM

Nov 2010
Well that Kureichiro was an imposter was clear the moment the guys with Yajirou reacted and the guy sleeping is probably the real deal.
Tenmaya is also an expert in disguise so he was probably the imposter. It will get really harsh if the idiot twins knew tenmayas plan but went along with it anyway, that would put the betrayal of their father to shame.
Jun 11, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2015
zwolf12 said:
Tenmaya is also an expert in disguise so he was probably the imposter.

I'm sure you will be shocked to know who is the real imposter behind Kureichiro.
Jun 11, 2017 1:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
valvravetruth said:
zwolf12 said:
Tenmaya is also an expert in disguise so he was probably the imposter.

I'm sure you will be shocked to know who is the real imposter behind Kureichiro.

Can you answer me in spoiler cause if it isn't him, it might be

Just tell me if i'm right with one or actually not.
Jun 11, 2017 1:36 PM

Dec 2013
Yajirou finally meets the true love of his life, eh?
And I knew that Kureichiro was suspicious af. Called it since the second episode. Hopefully Yasaburou and Kaisei will survive this latest situation. I would really hate for either one to die.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 11, 2017 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
Smudy said:
valvravetruth said:

Jun 11, 2017 1:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Rorek said:
Smudy said:

Haaaah, i'm a genius.
Jun 11, 2017 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
SHIT GOT REAL DON'T DIE PLS
Don't remember much about s1 or Kureichiro so i have no idea what Kaisei saying

Anyone know/remember that new girl?

Into the Internet!
Jun 11, 2017 2:14 PM

Feb 2014
Damn. Tenmaya had to appear and apprehend both Kaisei and Yasaburo so easily, not helped by the fact that Yasaburo always changes back to his Tanuki form everytime he's near Kaisei.

And along with Yasaburo's dream of seeing a crying Benten saying that it'll be sad to eat him in a hotpot, I'm hoping that dream doesn't turn into reality for both Yasaburo and Kaisei. Someone's got to rescue them both, but who though?

Yajiro's adventuring was really enjoyable though, especially his encounter with the taunki girl who loves making holes all the time. However, with the sleeping guy mentioning about Kureichiro, I think Kureichiro has something to hide, maybe something sinister perhaps?

Either way, the last two episodes should be thrilling and enjoyable. =)
Jun 11, 2017 3:36 PM

Jun 2015
the preview... yasaburou is not in dead-alive state, isn't it?
Jun 11, 2017 3:59 PM
Jan 2013
Smudy said:
I'm really losing my patience with Benten now. If she ends up saving Yasaborou and Kaisei, i won't agree with it. Really hope, it's gonna be Yaichirou himself.

Yajirou exploring the world was actually the best part, me thinks. Him meeting another tanuki girl and she constantly mentioning ''holes''. Another metaphor and foreshadowing for something?

Kureichirou is a fake then? What's up with that?

Tenmaya also here to fuck shit up, just what the hell is going on?

Kaisei better not be dead! :(

Not just kaisei, yasaburo also better not dead be at all.

this is the first time that the op doesn't dissipate my worries. yasaburo has incurred the wrath of Benten and in turn akadama sensei, that was beyond grave with the nearing of hotpot session.

one last note, wth with fake kureichiro being
that was just an air gun!!! o.o
kamuishoJun 11, 2017 4:03 PM
Jun 11, 2017 4:53 PM

Aug 2014
Motherfuck I'm starting up the Tenmaya hotpot.
Sieg Zeon!
Jun 11, 2017 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
After the cliffhanger last episode ended disappointingly, this one is good.
Jun 11, 2017 9:32 PM

Nov 2013
well heck
this was one of the most intense episodes thus far
heck

I can't wait to see what happens ;A; why do we gotta wait a week
Jun 11, 2017 10:39 PM

Oct 2012
I guess that was a revelation that Yasaburo is going to get eaten?

So that wasn't Kureichiro.. eh
Then who?

Ofc it's Tenmaya, nothing surprising

2 more episodes, 2 weeks left
Why every good things must come to an end :(
"Signature removed"
Jun 12, 2017 12:07 AM

May 2015
LMAO!

Benten- "I've always been kind to you"...by being complicit in the murder and subsequent eating of your father.
Jun 12, 2017 2:05 AM

Dec 2015
Kureichiro seems too nice , so he was fishy after all , i guess the real one is the one who is with yajiro

And i thought yasaburo is in the old's man place , its so illegal for tenmaya to break someone place to catch tanuki
Jun 12, 2017 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
I hope Tenmaya does a bad death, if he deserves it for all the sins he has done. Really interesting and fascinating, the part of the plot that concerned Yajiro. Yasaburo has fired, despite running away from the club and Benten, this was his biggest mistake. I can not wait to see the next episode.

Rorek said:
OMG!
The final two episodes will be awesome.

Yajirou you lolicon;)

It will be also lolicon, but it is good taste. XD
Jun 12, 2017 9:24 PM

Dec 2010
CtrlZED said:
LMAO!

Benten- "I've always been kind to you"...by being complicit in the murder and subsequent eating of your father.
Pretty much...................

Jesus I knew there was something off about Kureichiro. I had a bad feeling this whole time like he was gonna stab Yaichiro in the back. Turns out he's an imposter I see....

And WOW. Everyone always warned Yasaburo that he'd end up in the hotpot and it looks like it's going to happen at last.

Jun 12, 2017 9:40 PM

Jul 2015
Aaaahahahaha still love his theme. Yajiro made a new friend on his quest, and she was pretty cute, and has a love for digging holes. I support this ship despite the difference in sizes. Glad were still getting plenty of Yajiro despite him leaving, but it seems not all is going well. Were approaching the finale of the season, in other words. The tanuki hotpot.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 13, 2017 3:31 AM

Sep 2014
This week's episode of Uchouten was absolutely fantastic once again.

Yasaburo is such a great character. I love how he is faulty but keeps on delivering and makes everything lively. Sometimes his ideas work out and sometimes he messes everything up.

The new girl Yajrio met was so adorable and the area with the underground entrance felt good as well.

I actually expected there was something up with the new head of the Ebisugawa family. Turns out he is apparently fake and Yajiro found the real one. Now this episode ended with two cliffhangers: What will happen during the Trick Master ceremony and what will happen to Yasaburo and Kaisei. Wtf? Well, maybe the two stories are related and going to wind up in the last couple of episodes. I hope neither Yasaburo and Kaisei are getting eaten. They are way too cute together, even though I think Yasaburo is too cold. He will warm up to her in due time though, I'm sure of that.
Jun 13, 2017 7:47 AM

Sep 2015
Well that cliffhanger was not OK. At least they're learning how to make good cliffhangers. But that one was perhaps the first episode of an anime all season, that made me think "you're making me wait a week before you follow up on that?" Well the cliffhanger from last week was resolved fairly quickly. Benten gives up without a fight, when The Nidaime makes the scene. However she makes it very clear Yasaburo has hurt her feelings with his deception. Now Yasaburo is in hiding. Plagued (strong word) by dreams of Benten coming to cook him in a hot pot. In the end that fear might just come true. Though it's unclear if Tenmaya is acting on Benten's orders. It's doubtful she'll come to his rescue this time.

Most of the rest of this episode was Yaichirou finally getting trick magister. And some shocking revelations/spooky foreshadowing about Kureichiro Ebisugawa. I knew there was something wrong with him. The Ebisugawa conflict couldn't be that simple or easy to resolve. First after meeting a cute little girl obsessed with holes, Yajiro pays his respects to a foreign tanuki family head. There he learns something troubling about Kureichiro, that we the audience are kept in the dark about. Kaisei his little sister also voices her suspicions for his current behavior at the end.

Speaking of which that ending was particularly savage. Because Kaisei's caught up in it too. I feel like that means the ending is going to push Yasaburo and Kaisei together. As they struggle to get out of their current predicament. But there's always the possibility Kaisei is dead. That'd be too much. I doubt they'd kill Yasaburo but Kaisei is always a possibility. I'm surprised how much I like those two together now. I just want them to at least get to the point Yasaburo doesn't change back when he sees her. Just get along already. Definitely clamoring for Episode 11. Can't believe it's almost done already.
Jun 13, 2017 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
Yo If Yajirou ends up being the hero at the end of this anime I will go bonkers!!! IN A GOOD WAY!!! Come on, I bet that dude who woke up from his sleep was the eldest brother from the way they reacted.

Damn man that Benten dream was crazy! There could be so many outcomes with the ending of this anime, what will Benten do? The Friday Fellows? Akadama Sensei? Will Yodagawa save them? Will the Nidaime save them? WHOSE SHIPS ARE SAILING AND WHOSE ARE SUNK?!??!?!

Loli in Tanuki form was cute. Kaisei laughing was cute...but that ending T_T

Also Tenmaya still has Nidaime's gun...so he'll probably get that back.

Yasaburo has made more friends then enemies which is where the Fathers story has a point so I think he will be saved...hopefully lol.

Hirugiku said:

Anyway the most important thing. Can anyone make a gif of Kaisei in tanuki form laughing near the end of episode? that was super adorable.

here ya go.
SoraSenpaiJun 13, 2017 6:34 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 13, 2017 6:46 PM

Jan 2015
SoraSenpai said:

Hirugiku said:

here ya go.

Man thank you very much. I'd be sure to use it. Kaisei ma girl.
Jun 14, 2017 1:20 PM

Jan 2010
NOOOOOoooooo :O
that end
Jun 15, 2017 1:49 AM

Jun 2015
The 2 remaining episodes have quite a lot at stake. So far this season makes the use of cliffhangers that rarely are of relevance for the following episodes quite common, but that's the nature of this show (and every episode surprises you in a different way). However this time it won't be such a thing, and so, we'll have to wait and see.
Jun 16, 2017 1:53 AM

Oct 2008
Looks like serious trouble for Yasaburou & Kaisei!
4/5.

Jun 17, 2017 12:03 AM

Mar 2009
An imposter? Whaaa? For what reason?

Things are getting crazy now.
Jun 18, 2017 10:16 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Kencho clan's digger girl is so cute! Ahhh!

Oh gosh, I was expecting Yasaburo to get captured since he kinda foreshadowed it, but not Kaisei as well! Oh my gosh, what's going to happen?! ;A;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 2, 2017 7:55 PM

Sep 2011
-I've always been kind to you
-2 years prior ate your father
-previous year threatened to eat you multiple times

yeah benten fuck off already, like this seaosn has really ramped up just how much of a spoiled brat she is and the negative effect it has on everyone around here. Nidaime existing to completly blow her the fuck out has only highlighted just how childish a person she truly is. I just hope they dont try and act like shes being wronged in any way by the end of this cause shes actually so in the wrong on just about everything.

also god damn i hate tenmaya so much, I hope he gets thrown back down to hell by the end of this. Loved seeing yaichiro traveling around especially cause i always liked his human form but rarely saw any of it, really liked the new chick from the brief appearance she had so hopefully she wasnt a one off character. Hopefully them getting flung into this danger together will help yasaboro and kaisei stop being so tsun to eachother.
JizzyHitlerJul 2, 2017 7:58 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 14, 2017 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
This series really has bad habit of showing some cliffhanger and then continue with an episode pretty much unrelated to it. I kinda hate this style of story-telling.

That being said the end where both Kaisei and Yasaburo being shot by tranquil gun was pretty intense. Also, still think they'll end together in the end, they're the best match. And I even believe that Kureichirou is someone else shapeshifted as his personality did change.
Still not fan of alienating Benten... that plot device wasn't even necessary in the first place.

Tenmaya and Nidaime, though, I couldn't care less about those character, they're really badly written villains in my book.

And talking of Yajiro and his part of the story with introduction of new characters, it wasn't actually bad but totally out of place pacing-wise.
Aug 4, 2017 10:07 AM

Aug 2012
-fuck her up nidaime
-disappointment
-kotatsus are the best thing since sliced bread
-nani the fuck
-...wait yasaburo was at that tanuki meeting wtf is he talking about being a runaway
-oh he was exiled, that makes sense
-oh so that's why shimomommo gave yajiro's letter to gyokuran
-i see benten as embraced the fact that she's a frigid bitch
-never mind
-souichiro with the dadly advice was pretty nice
-hole loli is kinda decent, she's like a female yasaburo
-kaisei always manages to make scenes she's in a ton more enjoyable
-oh rip

So pretty much the only notable moments in this episode were the flashback to Souichiro, the hole loli, and the scene between Kaisei and Yasaburo at the end. Admittedly that makes up like half of the episode so it's definitely an improvement upon episodes 6-8, and even moreso when I realize that Benten had a very minimal presence in this episode. Other than those segments, this episode was pretty forgettable. It's been a while since I watched the first season but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as lukewarm as some of the later episodes in the second season.
Nov 14, 2017 4:19 PM

Jan 2014
Yikes, that ending. It's all coming to a climax pretty soon.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 23, 2017 5:45 PM

May 2012
Oh damn that ending! Really do wonder what the last two episodes will offer!
Dec 7, 2017 11:36 PM

Mar 2015
Aw shit that ending, fucking Tenmaya
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 10, 2020 2:29 PM

Nov 2016
Oh boyo, the final episodes are gonna be wild.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 16, 2020 2:32 PM

May 2016
Still no background on Benten...
Tenmaya nomeee...
Apr 16, 2021 3:36 PM

Aug 2016
So I'm guessing the older brother is an imposter.
Also those two are caught, something tells me while they might be an offering to the pot, it's all part of a revenge plan.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 5, 2023 7:21 PM

Jan 2021
Seriously.... what's going on?

What is Kureichiro up to? I really feel deceived and fooled by him. While Benten said that she was sad about having to eat Yasaburou, is Kureichiro working with the Friday Fellows like his father did?

But if he did in fact follow in his father's footsteps, he didn't know that his sister, Kaisei, was with Yasaburou lol. Heh heh, what will happen when Kaisei finds out that her brother will accidentally kill her and the guy she likes? I hope Kaisei going berserk for once at her dumbass older siblings.

Tenmaya still has Nidaime's air rifle, if I'm not mistaken, Yasaburou has already told Nidaime that the gun is in Tenmaya's hands... seeing that Nidaime's strength is above Benten's, it doesn't seem difficult for him to take back the gun from Tenmaya's hands... so... what's holding him back?

On the brighter side, I'm glad to see that Yajirou seems to be finding someone who can be his new love... even if it's with a young girl (again).

More topics from this board

» Why this show is still overrated?

Misanthropian - Apr 25, 2017

45 by blinddig »»
Mar 10, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

48 by blinddig »»
Mar 10, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

113 by Atavistic »»
Jan 23, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

51 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:44 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2017

43 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 4, 2023 9:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.