Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 12, 2017 2:00 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty good episode, really liked the interaction of their abilities together.

The kiss was surprising. I didn't expect one so soon, but unfortunately it lacked emotion. And due to it they already reseted once, which canceled the chance to save Souma.

Haruki and Asai have hopefully learned their lesson out of this and won't use their abilities so carlessly anymore.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2017 2:09 PM

Sep 2015
That death. how? Did he do something that spiraled in to her death? it should seeing how he went back to where he was just before she called him. Or is this reset ability not perfect. Wait yea it isn't since the powers only revert things physically. time itself isn't truly reset.
Maybe something went wrong there.

Not too eventful imo, a bit slow. But the ending is always interesting.
Ending song is nice.
Apr 12, 2017 2:09 PM

Aug 2015
I'm on the fence about this show right now. On the one hand, it looks like the issues they'll be dealing with involving powers will be fairly heavy. Those prologue episodes did a good job teaching Kei to respect the use of powers and that they can have very dire consequences if used irresponsibly. On the other hand, the characters don't seem quite believable, and not just because they're all deadpan kuuderes. Shows like Cross Game do a good job with believable characters where if the person is silent or expressionless you can tell it's because they're hiding their thoughts or emotions. But so far, none of these characters give off the impression that they're really having any emotional conflict or any real personality. I hope this changes soon or we get an explanation later now that we're getting to the main story. Also liked how we're left wondering what happens in the 3/3 part skipped over.
Apr 12, 2017 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
There's one thing bugging me - there's a plot, a pretty interesting plot, they killed a character, great, would have been shocking IF it wasn't for totally robotic characters who do not spark any kind of emotion inside of me. The philosophical vibes of this anime seem a little forced and the feels kinda get lost in characters who don't seem capable of any deeper emotion.

Also, the time skip? Really. No.

Hope they'll introduce some characters that can actually carry this anime, for now, the most "intriguing" character was killed off.
Apr 12, 2017 2:54 PM

Dec 2008
Mari's mother was shit! I don't believe one could count the number of mothers that would give up a vital organ and all they owned to have a clone of a child that they lost, and this woman was just going to turn her over to this Bureau and then skip town. I hope we never see her again!

So, I guess it's impossible to reset when it could involve bringing a dead person back to life?
Apr 12, 2017 2:54 PM

Nov 2016
I Had Not Fully Understood The Concept of The Powers In The First Episode But Now That I`ve seen More I Think I Know Where this is Going. I Think This Show Has a TON of Potential and it is being very Underrated. There Are a Lot Of Animes That Start With Potencial but don`t notice it Until later. Since This Anime Will Have 24 Episodes It might Pickup later. This Might be one of those cases of dont judge an anime the First Episodes. If This Is What David Productions is Doing Instead Of JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5. Vento Aureo It Better be good.
~HipsterKanekiD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2017 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
Woaah he seriously cut himself, what an episode, it was much better than the first one.
Keeping your memories like that... I won't go away from Sakurada either if I had that power tbh
Apr 12, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting, no OP or ED.
Strange atmosphere and character interactions. It's hard to get in the right mindset, but if you look past certain things this is quite enjoyable.
Apr 12, 2017 3:17 PM

Feb 2016
i was confused a lot until i checked some comments on this forum, things make more sense, but i feel the lack of emotions on this show. i mean, didn't feel a damn thing with the case of this episode(little girl and her mother), hmmmm and now 2 years timeskip... Didn't expect that girl to die,but then I remembered that last scene from episode 1
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 12, 2017 3:18 PM

Apr 2010
Well i was wondering what the Sayonora was about but the ending explained it.
The hint here tho was the arc was at 2/3 so there might be a possibility we will see more next episode it a new arc tho and the ending suggested that as well.
This anime is pretty interesting so far.
Apr 12, 2017 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
So Souma died. I liked her but the whole situation wasn't impacted me at all. It was pretty obvious after 'sayounara' and ending of 1st episode.
Also time skip in 2nd episode? Shinsekai Yori again? Time skips are never a good thing imo.
rsc-plApr 12, 2017 3:24 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 12, 2017 3:29 PM

Oct 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Totally did not expect Sumire's death, it came out of nowhere and I actually find the conversations she has with Kei interesting at times. Though I don't see why they couldn't have reset? Isn't the cooldown on Haruki's ability only day and she can reset to 3 days in the past, so why couldn't they have just waited a day and then reset? There was definitely a save point as well since they reset before this event happened.

2 year time skip now.

I prefer Haruki with longer hair. :P
iirc one of the restrictions on her ability was that she couldn't reset to the same save point more than one time, so they couldn't

I too preferred her with long hair

I'm intrigued by Sumire's ability, it obviously had something to do with her death. I had expected her to die the first time, and for them to reset and save her the second time. I hadn't expected for her to die on the second reset, though that does make it all the more tragic and mysterious. Tragic because they cannot save her now as a result of Kei's whimsical and selfish actions. Mysterious because we don't know what exactly happened to make Sumire's actions change in the 2nd time
gust11Apr 12, 2017 3:32 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 12, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2015
so yeah that episode was quite good.

still dont fully understand why that mind-transfer guy was convinced to cooperate.

my explanation. with the "phone-call"-ablity of the forth guy the mind transfer guy heard that the bureau guy allowed that the girl can stay with her mom. by that the mind transfer guy thought that he can help ? doesnt make 100% sense but i guess that would be fine for me.

p.s. why would you cut that hair.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Apr 12, 2017 3:46 PM

Dec 2016
Wow @ Kei just slashing himself like that in order to get permission. That was some serious determination.

Well that ending was a surprise, we have a death and then a 2 year time skip.
Apr 12, 2017 3:46 PM
Jun 2015
DarkSaga0 said:
15poundfish said:
Kei screwed up by practicing first kiss reactions with Haruki. You have to be careful with your save states.

Ok, but why they can't reset again? Save states vanish after a reset? If so, how can they reset again to the 3rd time after they got the ability-transfer guy to cooperate?
They can't reload the same save state twice. Kei didn't realize Souma was dead during loop 1 with the kiss with Haruki. If he waiting a little bit longer they probably would have figured out her death later than they did in loop 2. I am guessing if they revisit this arc they will show why she did not come to Kei's door the second time during Loop 2. It would be weird how they explain how she was motivated to kill herself twice?
15poundfishApr 12, 2017 3:51 PM
Apr 12, 2017 4:03 PM

Jun 2015
Oh Wooow, She's dead. How dramatic. I feel so sad. I can't stop crying
Jajajajaaja
One more chapter and I declare the worst of the season XD
Apr 12, 2017 4:04 PM

May 2015
Mascera said:
Imbalanced said:
Those who don't expect Soma's death, just watch the end of the first episode, we saw her jumping out of a wood bridge. ( idk of you'll check this thread back so hi @Tokoya @Lelouch0202 @Atavistic @skyUFO @Mascera @thebrentinator24)
Oh yeah, that one. But that's just make me more confused.

That can't break her first rule since she didn't know that Soma killed herself the first time she reset, because it was on the afternoon and the news was announced the evening on TV

Well since we don't know Soma ability... Maybe she have also something with memory

But well, even without that, it's easy to see that Kei isn't indifferent to Haruki.
I guess that Soma is sorta in love with Kei but she already known that she was the invisible kind of girl in the eyes of MC
She introduced both of them because she knew that they would tag along easily, once she made Kei 'happy' then her task was over and she could die since not living with Kei was unbearable (typical tragical romance plot, let's see how it goes...)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2017 4:42 PM
Aug 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
Mari's mother was shit! I don't believe one could count the number of mothers that would give up a vital organ and all they owned to have a clone of a child that they lost, and this woman was just going to turn her over to this Bureau and then skip town. I hope we never see her again!

So, I guess it's impossible to reset when it could involve bringing a dead person back to life?

Remember the rules? You can reset to a save point, but can only save again 24 hours later, souma died 31th august, they used that save after they kissed and they only found out about Souma's death on september 1st.
She is dead and can't be saved, i hope you understand now.
Apr 12, 2017 5:15 PM
Apr 2015
So is no one going to comment on how fucking great the ending was? Holy fuck I had chills
Apr 12, 2017 5:17 PM

Sep 2015
WTF thought the three laws of robotics existed only in Lucy the Eternity (which I played 2 days ago). Wow.. this just got kinda Erased/Steins;Gate/Maybe Kokoro Connect ish?
Apr 12, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
taynis said:
This anime is so weird to me. Maybe it is because both protags are so stoic...it is like Haruki is Kei with a wig, because they both are so...dull. Who knows, maybe there is a reason for this.

Nigami_Shin said:
mmmh i don't know. the show trys to hard to be deep and dramatic - feels a bit forced.

Yeeaaaaah, I'm having this same problem. It is overall interesting and all, but...yeah.

I've made a timeline just to keep with the resets:
Haruki's time travel rules:
(not taking into account the ones she made for herself, since she can totally dismiss them if she wants to)
She can go back as far as three days.
People, her included, lose their memories from the reseting.
She can't reset if she didn't save beforehand. The save effect lasts for 72 hours.
She can't do another save within 24 hours of a reset. So, she can't reset again within 24 hours of a reset.

April 27th - Tuesday
Anime begins here. Kei (guy protag) gets a letter from Sumire(class rep).

April 28th - Wednesday
Kei meets Haruki (girl protag), She sees a girl crying (Mari, the clone girl) and resets.

April 27th - Tuesday - Second Time
Kei gets a letter from Sumire, but notices something is wrong since he has a dejavu.

April 28th - Wednesday - Second Time
Kei goes out of his way to meet Sumire and they both meet Haruki at the roof. Haruki tries to reset when she sees Mari crying, but can't do it because of her power's rules. She tries to reset later when she encounters Mari but can't because she didn't save.

August 12th - Thursday, 3:15 PM - First time
Haruki saves here in case something goes wrong when she remembers her past.

August 14th - Saturday
Kei meets Haruki and Mari and tells them the real Mari died. Haruki resets after Mari is taken by the Bureau.

August 31st - Tuesday (probably)
There's a scene here that shows Sumire jumping/falling off the bridge.

August 12th - Thursday, 3:15 PM - Second time
Kei uses the glasses guy to make Haruki remember what will happen in the future.

August 13th - Thursday, 8:15 PM - Second time
Haruki saves here. Kei cuts himself (WAKE ME UP INSIIIIDE) and make all that drama to make glasses guy to cooperate. Haruki resets.

August 13th - Thursday, 8:15 PM - Third time
Glass guy somehow remembers (IT IS A MIRACLE YAY).

August 14th - Saturday
They stop Mari's mother from leaving.

Sumire goes to hike in the mountains in the rain.

September 1st - Wednesday - First time
THE AWKWARD KISS.

August 31st - Tuesday, 2:45 PM - Second time
Haruki has a save file here (lol). Sumire don't talk to Kei before going to hike in the mountains in the rain.

September 1st - Wednesday - Second time
Sumire is found dead. Haruki asks Kei give her orders to reset (c'mon gurl, just do it) and he says they can't.

~~2 YEARS TIME SKIP~~~

Nice dedication. It really helps the rest of us when trying to sort through everything.
Also, does nobody realize one other thing?
We've all been so focused on Haruki and Kei's abilities, it seems like everyone has completely neglected the fact that Sumire's abilities have never been explained nor brought up. I get the feeling that the 3/3 of this arc may yet see some important revelation regarding that.

And yes I also noticed how she said Sayonara at the bus stop before she left for her hike in the first iteration? I think it was pretty obvious that she had already decided before talking with him to commit suicide. Whilst her motivations still remain a mystery, her decision was pretty clear.

Plus, it could also be possible that Sumire was also dead in the first timeline as well (I mean during the kiss scene). Just because it was never explicitly stated in the first iteration, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It could also be possible that before Kei and Haruki's kiss, nobody had found out about her death, and hence it wasn't revealed to them till the second iteration (in fact I'm surprised at the speed in which her body was discovered to be honest, wasn't it the very next morning when it was reported on the radio/tele?).
Also, there's the difference in timing in which in the first iteration Sumire went to talk with Kei first before going up the mountain, which may also explain the delay in finding her body the next day (hence no report of her death the first time around).

I can't help but get the feeling that the 2:45pm time that they reset to has some significance to it all.
L-RyoshiApr 12, 2017 5:46 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 12, 2017 5:40 PM

Nov 2016
I... I don't even know. This is really weird.
Apr 12, 2017 6:14 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was definitely a curveball. The relationship of Mari and her mother was a major emotional crux and provided some character development for Kei and Misora. Both protagonists learn to care about people in their own ways that don't seem contrived and their relationship doesn't rush into romance. Sumire's death came as a shock, I was expecting her to have a more extended fixture in the show. I wasn't expecting the time skip either.
Apr 12, 2017 6:33 PM

Jul 2015
I want to truly invest myself in this anime but the main characters are just so bleh.....
Apr 12, 2017 6:53 PM

Jan 2015
Guys Souma won't be dead forever, she probably have some ability or will be resurrected by someone.
Three laws of Robotics was very surprising, it's a really interesting set of rules that i learned in class couple of months ago. I nearly choked when i heard three laws of robotics in this episode. Damn...
Apr 12, 2017 6:53 PM
Jun 2016
Still slow but i'm getting into it. I have a soft spot for mystery shows so I will give at least 3 more episodes if i would put it in on-hold or not.
Apr 12, 2017 7:42 PM

Dec 2014
how come the past changed in the last reset?? and also how did the guy with glasses still remembers that he got permission from the bureau to use his ability after the reset as his ability is to transfer powers between two other people..??
BeguniApr 12, 2017 7:51 PM

Apr 12, 2017 7:46 PM

Nov 2015
The only thing bothering me is the execution/presentation. The emotional parts are good but most of the episode, like in the first, feels somewhat empty.. still thanks to the story itself, things are getting a bit more interesting... These first two episodes are really showing fair potential.. and that ending part.. it's giving off Steins;Gate feels (if you've seen S;G you'll get it)..

First, that wrist cut.. WTF!!!
Next, that sudden kiss.. WTF!!!!
Then, Sumire died..
I was literally WHAT THE F***!!!!!!
Then, 2-year time skip
WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFF!!! You didn't even let me recover from that previous mindf***!!!
Well, I believe you'll do something about it around this time.. won't you?
Janeel said:
how come the past changed in the last reset??
I think that's the point of the episode.. make us wonder and question what happened... Aside from that, I'm pretty sure it'll be answered sooner or later, if not at the end. Why? ...because plot.. I have a basic theory.. Someone with a certain ability planned to intervene even before that last reset.. but it may be an enemy or not, have to do with Sumire's death or not, etc...
AX3MApr 12, 2017 7:58 PM
Apr 12, 2017 8:24 PM

Nov 2014
tooooooo much dialogues. even erased or steins gate or other similar animes have less dialogues than this one. not to mention the characters look like they r dead 3/4 of the episode. their expression never changes, not even when dat reset girl is crying!!!
Apr 12, 2017 8:31 PM

May 2014
I DID NOT EXPECT THAT DEATH

ok Ep 1 was slow paced
then they suddenly gave a explosive plot
then today, mixing abilities were interesting
then it was fast paced again with the kissing
WTF DEATH
no 3/3
timeskip
24 eps

I have a feeling that this show will become one of the best in 2017
I'M EXCITED
Apr 12, 2017 8:46 PM

Jul 2009
Mascera said:
"Difficult" talk, in front of a crying children. No wonder she'll scream like that. Can't Kei at least talk in person with that "Bureau" man a bit far from the girl?
Whoa, that news about Soma... I gotta say that's a perfect timing.

Yeah I was thinking that too but I think it just boils down to Kei's personality/beliefs. Since he was pretty confident Haruki would reset, it didn't matter what nasty things were said in front of Mari, since she'd never remember. And on the off chance he failed to get the reset I guess he figured it was something Mari needed to hear anyway. Yo momma gon leave you so you might as well toughen up now xD
Apr 12, 2017 9:05 PM

Jun 2013
Imbalanced said:
Those who don't expect Soma's death, just watch the end of the first episode, we saw her jumping out of a wood bridge. ( idk of you'll check this thread back so hi @Tokoya @Lelouch0202 @Atavistic @skyUFO @Mascera @thebrentinator24)

Nice in noticing this small detail, except it doesn't necessary refer to the same thing cuz you miss the small detail in episode 2. The dates.

There is at least 2 weeks gap between episode 1 and episode 2(not including time accumulated from resetting) Therefore when soma appear for the last time in the raining bus stop scene, the jumping off bridge already doesn't happen.

Of course it doesn't mean soma can't just choose to jump off the bridge on another day, but just pointing out the scene in episode 1 already is a "dead fork" so you can't exactly say you are right.
Apr 12, 2017 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
taynis said:
This anime is so weird to me. Maybe it is because both protags are so stoic...it is like Haruki is Kei with a wig, because they both are so...dull. Who knows, maybe there is a reason for this.

Nigami_Shin said:
mmmh i don't know. the show trys to hard to be deep and dramatic - feels a bit forced.

Yeeaaaaah, I'm having this same problem. It is overall interesting and all, but...yeah.

I've made a timeline just to keep with the resets:
Haruki's time travel rules:
(not taking into account the ones she made for herself, since she can totally dismiss them if she wants to)
She can go back as far as three days.
People, her included, lose their memories from the reseting.
She can't reset if she didn't save beforehand. The save effect lasts for 72 hours.
She can't do another save within 24 hours of a reset. So, she can't reset again within 24 hours of a reset.

April 27th - Tuesday
Anime begins here. Kei (guy protag) gets a letter from Sumire(class rep).

April 28th - Wednesday
Kei meets Haruki (girl protag), She sees a girl crying (Mari, the clone girl) and resets.

April 27th - Tuesday - Second Time
Kei gets a letter from Sumire, but notices something is wrong since he has a dejavu.

April 28th - Wednesday - Second Time
Kei goes out of his way to meet Sumire and they both meet Haruki at the roof. Haruki tries to reset when she sees Mari crying, but can't do it because of her power's rules. She tries to reset later when she encounters Mari but can't because she didn't save.

August 12th - Thursday, 3:15 PM - First time
Haruki saves here in case something goes wrong when she remembers her past.

August 14th - Saturday
Kei meets Haruki and Mari and tells them the real Mari died. Haruki resets after Mari is taken by the Bureau.

August 12th - Thursday, 3:15 PM - Second time
Kei uses the glasses guy to make Haruki remember what will happen in the future.

August 13th - Thursday, 8:15 PM - Second time
Haruki saves here. Kei cuts himself (WAKE ME UP INSIIIIDE) and make all that drama to make glasses guy to cooperate. Haruki resets.

August 13th - Thursday, 8:15 PM - Third time
Glass guy somehow remembers (IT IS A MIRACLE YAY).

August 14th - Saturday
They stop Mari's mother from leaving.

Sumire goes to hike in the mountains in the rain.

September 1st - Wednesday - First time
THE AWKWARD KISS.

August 31st - Tuesday, 2:45 PM - Second time
Haruki has a save file here (lol). Sumire don't talk to Kei before going to hike in the mountains in the rain.

September 1st - Wednesday - Second time
Sumire is found dead. Haruki asks Kei give her orders to reset (c'mon gurl, just do it) and he says they can't.

~~2 YEARS TIME SKIP~~~

Make that impossible instead. Remember the reset ability has a restriction to it. 3 days/72hrs.

So episode 1 scene where soma jumps off is between aug 12 and aug 14. When in episode 2 they decided to help mari and reset, that scene from episode 1 got reset along with it. Then on aug 31, soma talks to kei in the raining bus stop scene cuz jump off bridge scene from episode 1 didn't take place.
Apr 12, 2017 9:38 PM

Jul 2014
Every situation is forced and unbelievable. The dialogue is terrible. The voice actors sound like they hate the show. The characters are all terrible and unbelievable.
Apr 12, 2017 10:01 PM
Jul 2016
She seems manipulative.. bet she made them get the mom to stay so she could use the moms copy ability to make her another body that would be found dead with.

Also the main guy reminds me of a less sexual araragi from monogatari series
Apr 12, 2017 10:03 PM

Dec 2014
gust11 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Totally did not expect Sumire's death, it came out of nowhere and I actually find the conversations she has with Kei interesting at times. Though I don't see why they couldn't have reset? Isn't the cooldown on Haruki's ability only day and she can reset to 3 days in the past, so why couldn't they have just waited a day and then reset? There was definitely a save point as well since they reset before this event happened.

2 year time skip now.

I prefer Haruki with longer hair. :P
iirc one of the restrictions on her ability was that she couldn't reset to the same save point more than one time, so they couldn't

I'm intrigued by Sumire's ability, it obviously had something to do with her death. I had expected her to die the first time, and for them to reset and save her the second time. I hadn't expected for her to die on the second reset, though that does make it all the more tragic and mysterious. Tragic because they cannot save her now as a result of Kei's whimsical and selfish actions. Mysterious because we don't know what exactly happened to make Sumire's actions change in the 2nd time

So that's the restriction that I was missing out on. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'm pretty interested in the reason behind Sumire's death. We still don't know anything about Sumire's powers as well. Also yeah, it's quite sad that they weren't able to save her because of Kei's selfish actions. Something tells me that Sumire might have known this though.
Apr 12, 2017 10:05 PM
Jul 2016
Come on guys sumire is not out the show yet because if I'm seeing this right she's a main character too she still has some pull for this show being 24 episodes and all. Be that a ghost or flashback she's not a throw away character just for 3 parts.
Apr 12, 2017 10:40 PM

Jun 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
gust11 said:

I'm pretty interested in the reason behind Sumire's death. We still don't know anything about Sumire's powers as well. Also yeah, it's quite sad that they weren't able to save her because of Kei's selfish actions. Something tells me that Sumire might have known this though.

More accurately, she need a save point to reset(a save last 72hrs only). The caveat is she CANNOT perform a save within 24hrs when she reset.

Episode 1 never explicitly states it, but from the look of it, THE save point is being "consumed" whenever a reset is done and therefore requires a new save point to be made if she wanna do a reset. And yes, it also seems like she only has ONE save slot.
Apr 12, 2017 11:11 PM

Jul 2012
Hinata said:
WTF thought the three laws of robotics existed only in Lucy the Eternity (which I played 2 days ago). Wow.. this just got kinda Erased/Steins;Gate/Maybe Kokoro Connect ish?

The three laws of robotics remind of that Will Smith's I;Robot
よろしく!
Apr 12, 2017 11:50 PM
Apr 2017
ariacelesta said:

Well... Obviously, since I Robot is an adaptation of a novel written by Isaac Asimov, the guy who wrote the 4 laws.
Apr 13, 2017 12:17 AM

Oct 2013
ariacelesta said:
Hinata said:

WTF you're all incult or what ?! it's from Isaac Asimov!
Edit: ah oops didn't read the post after aria aha but seriously... you're incult mygawd

To speak about the episode I think it's still better than the first ep, but the characters stay meh and unattractive.

Apr 13, 2017 12:24 AM

Jul 2012
Titadou said:
ariacelesta said:

WTF you're all incult or what ?! it's from Isaac Asimov!
Edit: ah oops didn't read the post after aria aha but seriously... you're incult mygawd

To speak about the episode I think it's still better than the first ep, but the characters stay meh and unattractive.

Well, sorry for being an incult. I honestly didn't know who Isaac Asimov was until you guys told me.
よろしく!
Apr 13, 2017 12:35 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus... What is this show doing to me?! Mari says "I love you mom", and I go from 0 to in tears in an instant. My bout of sobbing lasted about 5 seconds, before the scene changed and I was fine again... I didn't know I could do that.

Also I find the fact that "the characters look like they r dead" is kind of the point. The main characters are supposed to have relatively(to other characters) emotionless personalities/exteriors. Their personalities changing in future episodes should be an entertaining development.
Apr 13, 2017 1:07 AM
Apr 2017
I think Sumire's ability was a bit similar to Kei somehow, and she saw that kissing thing, and then she was like ruined so she did manage or she really did manage to go to the mountains to suicide after Male MC denied to go with her.
Apr 13, 2017 1:19 AM

May 2015
Chiyousagi said:
Imbalanced said:

Nice in noticing this small detail, except it doesn't necessary refer to the same thing cuz you miss the small detail in episode 2. The dates.

There is at least 2 weeks gap between episode 1 and episode 2(not including time accumulated from resetting) Therefore when soma appear for the last time in the raining bus stop scene, the jumping off bridge already doesn't happen.

Of course it doesn't mean soma can't just choose to jump off the bridge on another day, but just pointing out the scene in episode 1 already is a "dead fork" so you can't exactly say you are right.

Well I wouldn't assume that jumping scene happend in episode 1 timeline, because it's raining as fuck and 12 to 14 August seemed to beautiful sunny days

Would be a shame if it rain every August night in their town lol
Apr 13, 2017 2:07 AM

May 2016
Imbalanced said:
Chiyousagi said:

Well I wouldn't assume that jumping scene happend in episode 1 timeline, because it's raining as fuck and 12 to 14 August seemed to beautiful sunny days

Would be a shame if it rain every August night in their town lol

Totally agree with you since they didn't specifically said the date
but hey it could have happen in the other days
Apr 13, 2017 2:21 AM

Dec 2015
For those who wonder about the story, since those episodes were basically a prologue, there is a synopsis at the 4th-6th paragraphes of this movie review: http://www.anime-now.com/entry/2017/04/12/230046
Apr 13, 2017 2:43 AM
Mar 2015
DarkSaga0 said:
I don't understand 2 things in this episode.

1- How they still convinced the 'ability-transfer guy' to cooperate, if they erased time to where the message of the bureau guy wasn't 'emailed' to him?

2- FOR FUCKS SAKE, how they can't erase time to a 3rd time to save their friend if they fucking had do it in the same episode? (After they got the ability-transfer guuy to cooperate).

1) This is just my hypothesis can't ability transfer guy transfer someones ability to him? if yes then kei will be remembering the message and ability transfer guy reads his message through his power after kei went to the club.
2)In first episode they mentioned rules about reset
1)to reset there should be a saved point
2)save lasts for 72 hours
3)if she resets to last save then that save will vanish and she can't save for 24hrs after the usage of reset
Kei used reset ability to erase his kiss test with haruki so they can't reset again to that point
Apr 13, 2017 3:00 AM

Oct 2012
Lelouch0202 said:

No problem~

Mhm, I think Sumire's unnamed power definitely factors into this. It really must sting for him to realize that they are now unable to save her because he wasted the reset on something trivial like that, though in his defense he had no way of knowing that Sumire would act differently in this reset.

I definitely think Sumire knew. I was thinking she was going to kill herself soon during that first run so when it ended up being that she died in the reset it was shocking at first but makes sense in a way. We also noticed that this arc is 3 parts, we just finished 2/3 and are moving on to the next arc, so they will likely revisit the 3rd and final part of this arc during the climax later?

DarkSaga0 said:
I don't understand 2 things in this episode.

1- How they still convinced the 'ability-transfer guy' to cooperate, if they erased time to where the message of the bureau guy wasn't 'emailed' to him?

2- FOR FUCKS SAKE, how they can't erase time to a 3rd time to save their friend if they fucking had do it in the same episode? (After they got the ability-transfer guuy to cooperate).
1 - Not quite sure, they implied it had something to do with using Tomoki's telepathic thought sending power, but not sure how exactly. They said they tested to see that Tomoki's power works even after a reset but I'm not clear on how he'd recover the message from the reset time

2 - One of Haruki's rules for her ability is she can't reset to the same save point more than once. Since Kei made her reset to erase the kiss, she had no save point anymore so they can't reset to a point before Sumire's death even if they wanted to
gust11Apr 13, 2017 3:42 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 13, 2017 3:37 AM

Jun 2015
The plot seems interesting and all, but it's one that needs some thinking to get into. Not easy to grasp.. that aside, I feel that the voice acting seems to be really lacking.. especially for Haruki. I know she's supposed to be somewhat of an emotionless char, but I still feel as though it's not resonating with me at all. Love the talk about laws of robotics and the principles they stand by, but the fact this is a 24-episoder and with time skips and such, it's gonna be one hell of a complicated ride. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.