Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2016 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm starting to like the OST of this show now too.

So we find more about a little bit about Mira's past this episode (quite a useful way to communicate her message with that system imo). Really nice to see Kyouma in action again including his pursuit of Loser. The action was neat. Kyouma is a spiderman Him taking care of business is just really thrilling to see. Mira is adorable imo with her new outfit :D

Stark700Jan 17, 2016 6:31 AM
Jan 17, 2016 6:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was a very entertaining episode

First off, the pacing has stayed pretty solid and we got to see things progress naturally without having anything be skipped in regards to Mira and I really liked that we got to see a glimpse into her past....I'm not sure if I buy the doctor actually being dead yet but we'll see what happens next....Sucks to see that his daughter really did die though - Although I still think that maybe Mira and the daughter might be related to each other even more somehow

However the main thing that made this episode great was the introduction of Loser whom aleady is a very interesting character just based off of his performances in the art of stealing alone for....His skills were impressive considering that he and Kyouma the badass were practically on par with one another but he also has a good personality and seems to be more of an anti-hero rather than a villain which is nice

The reveal about where Kyouma came from was pretty interesting too and I hope to learn more about that organization as well as to hopefully see more members of it, but seeing what happened to Loser's face and hearing about his motives and past made me even more inticed with this situation and I'm kinda rooting for him now lol...I like his son too

Overall, it was a great epsiode, visuals were on point, the OST was great as usual and this episode made me really like Mira even more than I already did :) Also, holy fuck that Dimension Down thing is creepy as fuck O_O I want to see more of that stuff lol
TokoyaJan 17, 2016 6:50 AM
Jan 17, 2016 6:41 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice to see more focus on Mira. Kyouma's such as badass. It almost felt like as if that man has those Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear from SnK, lol. Great action in this episode. Great OST, btw.

5/5
Jan 17, 2016 6:43 AM

May 2009
Mira is so adorable I wanna hug her!
Jan 17, 2016 6:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Nice to see more focus on Mira. Kyouma's such as badass. It almost felt like as if that man has those Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear from SnK, lol. Great action in this episode. Great OST, btw.

5/5
Ikr, I thought the same thing when I watched it closely xD
Jan 17, 2016 6:47 AM

Aug 2010
Really awesome follow up ep.

Loser's one great rival character. Love his personality. His face looks creepy DAMN!
The scene when Kyoma was chasing him and the fight against the armors together was lots of fun.

Really loving Mira a lot too. It's great to have a useful female heroine that has a goal and fun personality. And she's also strong too. I wonder if Kyouma will start caring more for her because in this ep he just pretty much ignored her XD

And once again Kyouma proving he's an awesome MC leaving that guy behind when he realized he can't save both himself and the guy. Definitely my fav MC of the season so far.
And Dat dimensional crack and what it did to the twin robot and the guy was friggin grotesque O_o Me like :D
Jan 17, 2016 6:57 AM

Jan 2012
Fairly interesting episode. Had some good action, fluid animation, and a bit of gore. He's no Lupin or Kaitou Kid, but that Loser is anything but what his name suggests. Seems like the mystery behind those numbers he's stealing will deepen next week...
Jan 17, 2016 7:03 AM

Jul 2015
Nice opening and ending combined with awesome action and an intriguing plot. What's more to add?

Jan 17, 2016 7:05 AM

Nov 2014
I wish the OP didn't have any singing. The instrumental is great, but that whiny emocore singer makes me cringe.

My own whining aside, the action in this episode was great. The "Loser" is an intriguing character that I hope to see more of.

That "dimensional collapse" was horrific.

5/5
Jan 17, 2016 7:08 AM

Jan 2015
Amazing episode.

Better than the first episode. Loved the 9hit combo scene
Jan 17, 2016 7:10 AM

Jan 2015
Oh yeah!!! It's about Kyoma's struggling between his daily life as "mechanic" or so and "work" with Mary and then starting from this Episode... "Babysitting" Mira that's worth watching for.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 17, 2016 7:10 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Badass male MC, badass side character, and cute female MC......

This show has everything I like.....

I wanna know more about Kyoma's past, and hope he would meet Loser again, they make a great duo.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 17, 2016 7:13 AM

Sep 2015
good episode. i still don't get all the core stuff (why are some cores illegal in a world with unlimited energy...patent reasosn?), but loser is an intersting character (i guess New Tesla killed all the Wifes and Sons/Daughters around town? :D)

looking forward to the 3rd episode

Jan 17, 2016 7:15 AM

Sep 2011
One of the best shows this season, hands down.

Thoroughly entertained from start until the end.

That Dimension Collapse outcome was Hannibal(TV Series) level of artistry. He would have been proud.

Mira's tail reminds me of Cell from Dragonball Z, *shivers*

The fighting style of Kyouma is very reminiscent of Darker than Black's BK201,Hei. The weapon used too if I may add. Brings back memories.

Great pacing, lovely characters (Loser is a great addition), and splendid action. Can't wait for next week.
Jan 17, 2016 7:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Don't mess with illegal coils, it will cause disaster if you don't know what you're doing D: This guy got massacred, Kyouma left him behind, that's badass.

Loser is already a cool character, his son is nice, too. Loser lost his wife and his face practically, that's horrific, want to see more of him.
Jan 17, 2016 7:31 AM

Jul 2011
dreadknightnero said:
The fighting style of Kyouma is very reminiscent of Darker than Black's BK201,Hei. The weapon used too if I may add. Brings back memories.

Same author / character designer, so you will certainty find some similarity's ^^
Jan 17, 2016 7:35 AM

Apr 2014
Kyouma still being badass as fuck, he's my favorite male mc this season

Mira is still the hottest female cyborg

Loser is quite the interesting character

Jan 17, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2013
no wonder kyouma is against coils

good episode again. really enjoying this
Jan 17, 2016 7:55 AM

Sep 2011
BigJk said:
dreadknightnero said:

Same author / character designer, so you will certainty find some similarity's ^^

Woah, that explains a lot. I've been having a feeling of familiarity of seeing a show with a similar tone to this. Thanks for that tip it all makes sense now.
Jan 17, 2016 7:58 AM

Mar 2015
mira is so cuteeeee!

nice episode, good ost/animation and entertaining episode.
Jan 17, 2016 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
CG by Orange, they really know how it should work. Animation and art looks good, even if there is many CG scenes.

Main guy is really a badass. Usually I hate badass characters, but in this case I don't really mind. Especially if there is a cutie like Mira <3
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 17, 2016 8:03 AM
Apr 2015
really enjoying this its becoming more and more interesting especially with the addition of this new character, it felt as though something was missing last episode but now I'm satisfied
Jan 17, 2016 8:04 AM

Jun 2014
Fantastic. I can see this being at least in my top 3 anime for the season. Mira's voice (Ueda, Reina) sounds very familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. Not one of Ueda's characters.
Jan 17, 2016 8:13 AM
Apr 2011
ive gone back and forth but im gonna go ahead and say this is my AOTS. story, characters, OST, all of it are great. im really looking forward to the rest!
Jan 17, 2016 8:33 AM

Feb 2014
That was dope. I liked the first episode but this one was so much better. Everything is interesting and the characters are great. Its giving just enough story points to peak my interest further. Definitely one of the top newcomers of the season.
Jan 17, 2016 8:50 AM

Feb 2011
not bad,
can't say this is better than the manga, they're apparently trying to make mira even more cliche/fanservice(those "ear" wag), some of the background is getting lost too, but the changes in pace is an improvement, they also make kyouma less akward

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jan 17, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2014
Loser is a great addition to this show. He's interesting, mysterious, and pretty cool as well.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this anime. Interesting characters, an intriguing story, solid animation, and I like the OST. I look forward to watching more.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 17, 2016 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
Nigami_Shin said:
good episode. i still don't get all the core stuff (why are some cores illegal in a world with unlimited energy...patent reasosn?), but loser is an intersting character (i guess New Tesla killed all the Wifes and Sons/Daughters around town? :D)

What the tech guy said at the end of last episode. When you use legal coils for criminal activities, it will send data back to New Tesla, and presumably they'll forward it to the cops.
Jan 17, 2016 8:58 AM

Nov 2010
Nigami_Shin said:

The legal coil contains all the information about the owner and sends all kinds of data to New Tesla. The illegal coil on the other hand doesn't do that.
Jan 17, 2016 9:03 AM

Apr 2013
Great OP. Amazing follow up for a second episode. I like the pacing as well.

Kyouma is my favourite MC this season. Mira is funny and cute as a female cyborg. Loser's pretty interesting, great addition to the series.

Overall entertaining episode.

Jan 17, 2016 9:05 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode. Thus far the show is seemingly trying to do what Gangsta did (They are very similar in a lot of areas) but in my opinion its doing them better. Speaking of Gangsta though, I really hope this show doesn't suffer the same fate that show went through. (And pretty much have no ending to speak of, it still was a solid show (unlike what others think) overall but still)

Also thought it was kind of funny that the focus of the episode is named Loser. Maybe I'm just immature but I lol'd at the sight of people chanting that name.
Jan 17, 2016 9:10 AM

Dec 2015
Another solid episode. This is probably going to be m favourite anime of the season if it stays like this.
We find little bits about both Mira and Kyoma's and I really am intrigued to find out more about Kyoma. And Loser is a really interesting character with his motives for what he is doing and what he knows.
Really liking the OST and the action in this episode was fluid and exciting.
Damn that dimensional collapse was intense. And the way the MC just left the other guy when he realised both of them couldn't be saved was BA. ' Don't think badly of me'. Fave MC this season.

Jan 17, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2014
Excellent episode! It was surprising to see the damage that an illegal coil could do. Seeing that curator being torn apart and reconfigured thanks to the dimensional powers was properly brutal.

And not only that, but Kyouma knew that the guy was beyond saving when he was caught by his rogue robots and left him there. I respect Kyouma a lot more for his brave choice there. =)

Loser is also another great character too. Although Kyouma was chasing him, they made a great duo to take out the armour suits(excellent CGI by Orange as usual). The injuries on his face looked painful, but that doesn't stop him from achieving his goals. Let's hope he and Kyouma can team up again in the future.

Mira had a smaller role in this episode, but it was still important nonetheless. Her smiles are insanely adorable though! =3

It's still a bit too early for me to say that this show could be a potential AOTS, but as long as it the pacing and story continues at this pace, then I'm sure that it will be well received when it finishes. =D
Jan 17, 2016 9:20 AM

Jan 2016
OrangeJP said:
Kyouma still being badass as fuck, he's my favorite male mc this season

i totally agree..
Jan 17, 2016 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
Loving the opening theme! his dance was spot on xD

But oh god, that was brutal
Jan 17, 2016 9:44 AM
Sep 2011
Great episode i love Mira/Kyouma.And loser what a great character!For some reason the dimension collapse scene remind me the full metal alchemist (yes the human Transmutation).Overall one of the best anime for this season.
Jan 17, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2014
Loser... well, that's an amazing name.
Jan 17, 2016 9:53 AM

Oct 2015
It's only January, but I think I've found my favourite OP and ED of 2016.

This episode went out guns blazing with so much action going on; from running, fighting to explosions. Can you imagine if Kyouma and Loser were to form a tag team? The dream right there. That being said Kyouma defnitely proved himself again this episode that he can keep up with a coil user without breaking a sweat. Mira on the other hand is probably more mobile than a car and a helicopter. She was real cute too this episode.
Jan 17, 2016 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
MC is so slick it's great, calmly being an awesome action hero all the time! Look forward to more of his back story.
Loser seems cool too (reminds me a lot of V from V for Vendetta for various reasons).
Jan 17, 2016 10:18 AM
Oct 2012
eXtacy67 said:
That was dope. I liked the first episode but this one was so much better. Everything is interesting and the characters are great. Its giving just enough story points to peak my interest further. Definitely one of the top newcomers of the season.

Agreed, they really improved upon Mira's personality - she is just so darn likable (and useful), and I think Mary is going to be a great character as well. Loved the humanity she showed in refusing to watch the family get snuffed and scolding Mira for showing it too easily, but then she understood the bigger picture immediately (and saved it for evidence).

Even the villains are interesting, the New Telsa guy is a bit of an idealist. I hope they don't turn him into a stock villain.

Everything so far has been superior, story, art, pacing, intrigue. Looking forward to seeing where things go.
Jan 17, 2016 10:23 AM

Nov 2014
She's so cute!! <3
Hi there
Jan 17, 2016 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
That fight against the twin robots was pretty good.

Loser is pretty cool with a comical costume yet super scared face.
Jan 17, 2016 11:25 AM
Nov 2015
Out of all animes in this rather weak season, i think Dimension W is definitly the best one and probably the only one that i genuinly enjoy. (Aside from Gate, but i only see that as delayed continuation ^^)

Great Art, Animation and Story. Likeable characters all through out and just the right amount of cuteness on Mira to cover every aspect for a well rounded anime.

Man this really keeps me interested......damn i wanna spoil myself with its manga but i have to stay strong :O

10/10
Jan 17, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2010
Another great episode, really like the introduction of Loser. Also Mira is just too damn cute.
Jan 17, 2016 11:43 AM
Oct 2014
Nice action and the anti-heroes are so freaking cool. Some DC comic panels feel unnecessary, considering the anime has pretty dark tone.

5/5. This is my favorite anime of the season.
Jan 17, 2016 11:44 AM

Feb 2015
This show is getting better ever week. Loser is not you typical bad guy, he has his own motivations which drive him, he's not just a cardboard cut out villain. I look forward to see how Mira and Kyouma's relationship develop They work well together.

Along with GATE this is my favourite anime of the season by some distance.
Jan 17, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2013
I may need to order a Mira online.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 17, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
Kyouma is a super human...able to fight with robot, damn OP.
Loser is cool, but half robot now?
Mira is cute and had a mission of her own...
Interesting.
Jan 17, 2016 12:29 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good, much more enjoyable than the first episode and Loser's action scenes were great. The dynamics between Kyouma and Mira were amusing and individually they seem like decent characters too, with those hints at Kyouma's past especially. Also there were some great soundtrack pieces throughout this episode too.
Jan 17, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2008
The first ep left my rather indifferent to the anime, but after seeing the second one I'm definitely interested, even if the overpowered MC cliché is in play here.
Ending of this up made me think that this anime might have been influenced by The Fringe (for those who watched, I'm refering to the ep in which two buldings merged with rather unpleasant consequence for one dude).
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.