Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 47 48 [49] 50 51 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2016 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
LEVNIK said:
  » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Can someone give me some recommendation(s) please?
I would like to watch anime that the main character is misunderstanded and isolated, like Hikigaya Hachiman (from Oregairu) and Ryner Lute (from Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu). I would also watch anime focus on philosophy, like Kokoro Connect and Ghost in the Shell.
If it is difficult to find such anime, I would accept comedy.
Thank you ^^

Your list is restricted, so I can see what you have watched or liked, so apologies if you have seen these.
Monster does focus on characters who are somewhat isolated in their journeys and deals with psychology, various moral issues, and some philosophy. It is on the longer side, but worth the watch.
Kino's Journey is another you may like. It focuses on Kino, and her motorad Hermes as they travel around visiting different countries. They only stay 3 days and learn about the country. There is a lot of philosophy and getting into how people justify what they do. It can get rather deep.
Jun 13, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2014
Miragee said:
coromandel said:

^ I need some recommendations for these two.

Romance: I'm looking for a more mature show, something that's not cheesy or generic.

In general, I prefer shows that are a little different.

Romance: Spice & Wolf. It's based in the middle-age in europe. It features some witty dialouge and its focus is on trading/peddling aside from the romance.

The other one is harder because shows that feature real arche-type characters are not that great most of the times. You might want to try out Osomatsu-san if you are up for a slap-stick/nonsense comedy (I think those brothers could count as archetypes). Maybe Samurai Champloo or one of the Durarara sequels.

Spice & Wolf sounds pretty good! For the other one.. I'll probably watch Durararax2.
Thanks!

Jun 13, 2016 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
coromandel said:
Miragee said:

Romance: Spice & Wolf. It's based in the middle-age in europe. It features some witty dialouge and its focus is on trading/peddling aside from the romance.

The other one is harder because shows that feature real arche-type characters are not that great most of the times. You might want to try out Osomatsu-san if you are up for a slap-stick/nonsense comedy (I think those brothers could count as archetypes). Maybe Samurai Champloo or one of the Durarara sequels.

Spice & Wolf sounds pretty good! For the other one.. I'll probably watch Durararax2.
Thanks!

You're welcome, I hope you will enjoy it! :)
Jun 13, 2016 1:32 PM

Apr 2014
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast -
i.e. 12 years old or younger
Can someone help me with this one since most of the anime i think are the right ones, aren't so yeah someone help
Jun 13, 2016 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
Mr_Perv_ said:
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast -
i.e. 12 years old or younger
Can someone help me with this one since most of the anime i think are the right ones, aren't so yeah someone help

Dennou Coil works. Most Ghibli movies can work. Ghost Stories might work (does have a cat as a MC, so not sure). Gaken Alice should also work. You can check people who have finished the challenge and see what they used for that one as well.
Jun 13, 2016 3:22 PM

Apr 2014
Korrailli said:
Mr_Perv_ said:

Dennou Coil works. Most Ghibli movies can work. Ghost Stories might work (does have a cat as a MC, so not sure). Gaken Alice should also work. You can check people who have finished the challenge and see what they used for that one as well.
Thank you & you helped me with another challenge as well i would say you helped with one more if i had liked the synopsis of Dennou Coil
Jun 13, 2016 9:19 PM

Sep 2012
I need some recommendations for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" (No historical, mecha, yaoi, yuri, ecchi, sci-fi).
Jun 13, 2016 9:29 PM

Oct 2014
blazerx46 said:
I need some recommendations for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" (No historical, mecha, yaoi, yuri, ecchi, sci-fi).
What interesting genres to exclude. What do you have against historical anime?
You might like Gakkougurashi!. It does have a pool episode, but other than that there isn't much ecchi. It's a psychological CGDCT. One Punch Man is about a superhero who is bored of how overpowered he is. I'm somewhat surprised you haven't seen it, but if you're purposefully avoiding it then I guess that's not much of a recommendation. Saki is an interesting anime about mahjong. There is a bit of ecchi, but it's not too bad.
Jun 14, 2016 6:05 PM

Apr 2016
I need a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant".
Open to any genres, but would prefer something dissimilar to what I have already watched (which is mostly comedies and a few other popular anime; see my list).
Must be a TV series.
Jun 14, 2016 9:14 PM

Jul 2014
atokymat said:
I need a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant".
Open to any genres, but would prefer something dissimilar to what I have already watched (which is mostly comedies and a few other popular anime; see my list).
Must be a TV series.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - the best Shoujo of last season, and one of the best overall
Aria The Animation - the ultimate Slice of Life anime; but to truly appreciate it you have to watch all three seasons
Bubblegum Crisis - old, classic mecha anime
Planetes - a story about space debris collectors :-)
Tamayura: Hitotose - another great SoL anime
Jun 14, 2016 11:40 PM

May 2016
I have a couple of questions regarding the challenges. Mind's drawing a blank. Sorry for the many questions :P A sincere "thank you" will be rewarded for your troubles ^~^

> » Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship-
Any recommendations?

> » Watch an anime with children as the main cast
SQ ^

> » Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships
Does Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin qualify? It's mostly about friendship but i'm not sure coz of some romance subplots.

> » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
Can Steins;Gate do? It's in my PTW. I know he's a scientist, but not sure if he's a pro.

> » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
This thing ofc. Preferably a good Horror. Please no Mecha 4 m3.

> Is there anything wrong with me entry so far?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=2050#msg46449576

Thanks in advance_

Another note: I would like to thank @Miragee for the help. You've done well to assist meh :3
Kajo_Senpai69Jun 19, 2016 10:19 AM

Jun 15, 2016 2:57 AM

Nov 2015
I have four questions regarding this challenge. (Sorry, it's a lot) But, help is much appreciated!

Question 1: "Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope?" I don't get this one, can anyone help me with this?

Question 2: "Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word" I also, don't get this one.

Question 3: Also, does anyone have any (two) recommendations from you 'Anime Watching Participants'?

Question 4: Lastly, what anime can you recommend from 1981 to 1990 and from 1991 to 2000?
Jun 15, 2016 3:05 AM

Nov 2015
Sorry, one more question!

Question: How does one get 'disqualified' from this contest?
Jun 15, 2016 3:08 AM

May 2009
_LorDNiCo_ said:

Question 1: "Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope?" I don't get this one, can anyone help me with this?

Just go to TVTropes and hit the random button at the top. There are exemple of anime for most tropes. You can always hit the random button again if you don't like the trope.

You can't get disqualified. Anyway, I don't think so. Maybe if you cheat and add a lot of anime to your completed list near the end of the year. If you make a mistake in a category, you can always choose a new anime for it.
Jun 15, 2016 3:10 AM

Apr 2011
Does Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) qualify for an anime that consists of a cast of mainly children under the age of twelve? If not, can someone recommend me a series that qualifies for this entry instead, something preferably on the darker and more mature side, as I am not generally fond of children's antics.
Lestat-Jun 15, 2016 3:22 AM

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jun 15, 2016 3:40 AM

Nov 2015
Lestat- said:
Does Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) qualify for an anime that consists of a cast of mainly children under the age of twelve? If not, can someone recommend me a series that qualifies for this entry instead, something preferably on the darker and more mature side, as I am not generally fond of children's antics.

Boku Dake ga Inal Machi consists of a cast mainly a children under the age of 12. They're eleven, mature for their age and I definitely recommend this anime. It's a masterpiece. Btw, I'm not generally fond of children's antics as well.
Jun 15, 2016 3:52 AM

Apr 2011
_LorDNiCo_ said:
Question 2: "Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word" I also, don't get this one.

Type the word you get from this site on the MAL search bar and watch an anime that comes up from the search.
Jun 15, 2016 4:20 AM

Jan 2016
_LorDNiCo_ said:
Question 3: Also, does anyone have any (two) recommendations from you 'Anime Watching Participants'?

Question 4: Lastly, what anime can you recommend from 1981 to 1990 and from 1991 to 2000?

For question 3: My two recommendations for you would be Akame ga Kill and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai.

For question 4: I'm not really into older anime, so for the 1981 to 1990 I'd just recommend a Studio Ghibli film, but from 1991 to 2000, I'd recommend Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku. It started airing 1999 so it's valid.
Jun 15, 2016 4:22 AM

Sep 2014
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
I have a couple of questions regarding the challenges. Mind's drawing a blank. Sorry for the many questions :P A sincere "thank you" will be rewarded for your troubles ^~^

> » Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship-
Any recommendations?

> » Watch an anime with children as the main cast
SQ ^

Does Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin qualify? It's mostly about friendship but i'm not sure coz of some romance subplots.

> » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
Can Steins;Gate do? It's in my PTW. I know he's a scientist, but not sure if he's a pro.

> » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
This thing ofc. Preferably a good Horror. Please no Mecha 4 m3.

Thanks in advance_

1. Spice & Wolf

2. Dennou Coil?

3. I haven't watched the show. The question is: Is the romance one of the main points? If not it's ok.

4. Steins;Gate counts. The male MC is not a pro imho but the red haired girl is.

5. There are good horror shows? huh... Try Shinsekai yori. It has some horror but not what the western society would consider horror I guess.

6. Looks fine to me.

_LorDNiCo_ said:
I have four questions regarding this challenge. (Sorry, it's a lot) But, help is much appreciated!

1. Was answered above.

2. Use the the link to the random word generator and generate a word. On this side there is a search function in the top right corner. Use the generated word in the search function. Take the first anime that you haven't seen already.

3. Try "Humanity has declined"

4. There are a lot of insanely good movies from those periods.

For 1991-2000 you can try Princess Mononoke, Mimi wo Sumaseba or Ghost in the Shell (1995). If you want a series, try Serial Experiments Lain (a bit of mental gymnastics) or El Hazard: The Magnificent World (generic fantasy but you might like this one according to your list/taste).

For 1981-1990: Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä or Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa for movies. Series is a bit difficult because I haven't seen much from that era yet. Legend of Galactic Heroes is a masterpiece but it's really long and it might not fit your taste. Area88 is quite enjoyable even if it's not that good.

Don't be afraid because of animation. All the movies have incredible animation, much much better than 99 % of what you see today. Most OVAs from that day and age also have really good animation (e.g. Area88) and the shows are mostly decent. The art can be quite different from today's but you will get used to it.
Jun 15, 2016 4:56 AM

May 2008
Could someone recommend an anime for me to watch please?

I've already seen a lot of stuff so it might be a pain. I'm not excluding any genres though!

My current anime watching challenge list.
Jun 15, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2011
SlaughterChichi said:
Could someone recommend an anime for me to watch please?

I've already seen a lot of stuff so it might be a pain. I'm not excluding any genres though!

My current anime watching challenge list.

Since you have Acchi Kocchi on your PTW list, I'll go ahead and recommend it.
Jun 15, 2016 5:24 AM

Nov 2015
Jun 15, 2016 5:35 AM

May 2008
yhunata said:
Since you have Acchi Kocchi on your PTW list, I'll go ahead and recommend it.

Thank you! Have added it on and will get to watching soon :)
Jun 16, 2016 9:57 PM

Dec 2014
Anime recommendation, please :) preferably something not on my "plan to watch" list. I'd like to know more different, good anime.
Jun 16, 2016 10:00 PM

Oct 2014
Burii said:
Anime recommendation, please :) preferably something not on my "plan to watch" list. I'd like to know more different, good anime.
Some different anime are Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and Detroit Metal City.
Jun 16, 2016 10:23 PM

Dec 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
Burii said:
Some different anime are Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and Detroit Metal City.

Thanks! The first one sounds like something I need to watch right now. The second one looks cute so I'll check that out as well. I'll try the third one just to see if I like it. The PV made it look so crazy xD
Jun 18, 2016 9:44 PM

Oct 2011
Does Senshado count as sports or martial arts?
Jun 18, 2016 10:03 PM

Jul 2011
Hi!
I'll need some recommendations with some challenges :

- "» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"
- "» Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members"
- "» Watch an anime with children as the main cast"
- "» Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese"

Possibly I'd like to avoid everything over 26 episodes, Thank you!
Jun 18, 2016 11:12 PM

Oct 2011
Does shinigami from Kyoukai no Rinne count as a profession?
Jun 19, 2016 1:18 AM

Jul 2014
Spheal said:
- "» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"
Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster

Spheal said:
- "» Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members"
Harmony

Spheal said:
- "» Watch an anime with children as the main cast"
Dennou Coil

Spheal said:
- "» Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese"
Black Lagoon
Jun 19, 2016 1:18 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
[...]

[...]

--- yes
--- no, they aren't professionals
--- checking

» Watch an anime with a character voiced by one of your favorite seiyuu
--- remember to specify what you used

» Watch an anime with a target demographic that does not apply to you: Gangsta. (Seinen)
» Watch an anime with a target demographic that can apply to you: Nanatsu no Taizai (Shounen)
--- if you are male go with either shoujo or josei for the one that doesn't apply to you

_LorDNiCo_ said:
Sorry, one more question!

Question: How does one get 'disqualified' from this contest?

You can't get disqualified... but you don't get added to the first post unless everything in your form is okay

Lestat- said:
Does Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) qualify for an anime that consists of a cast of mainly children under the age of twelve? [...]

No, it can't be used there

Tendon_Unajuu said:
Does Senshado count as sports or martial arts?

that items it's about the tags for the anime

Tendon_Unajuu said:
Does shinigami from Kyoukai no Rinne count as a profession?

No....

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 19, 2016 2:33 PM

Sep 2014
SheyCroix said:
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
[...]

[...]

--- yes
--- no, they aren't professionals
--- checking

Actually, the girl _is_ a professional.
Jun 20, 2016 2:28 AM

Dec 2010
Does a 24-episode anime counts as a 2-cour one?
MeritasJun 20, 2016 2:31 AM
Jun 20, 2016 2:37 AM

May 2016
Meritas said:

Yes, it counts. As stated in the Faqs.

Jun 20, 2016 4:27 AM

Dec 2010
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
Meritas said:

Yes, it counts. As stated in the Faqs.
Thank you.

30charactersomething.
Jun 20, 2016 4:42 PM

Jun 2015
Can someone recommend an anime for me? Preferably action, shounen, etc and 24 episodes and under.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2016 12:56 AM

Jul 2014
Does Kino no Tabi count as focusing on non-romantic relationships?

Cosmos said:
Can someone recommend an anime for me? Preferably action, shounen, etc and 24 episodes and under.

Black Cat, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Danganronpa, Senyuu, Noragami, Kekkai Sensen, Blood Lad are all good.
toblynarutoJun 21, 2016 12:59 AM
Jun 21, 2016 12:59 AM

Jul 2014
Cosmos said:

Kara no Kyoukai movie series.
Or Kurokami The Animation as more typical, TV series.
Jun 21, 2016 5:06 AM

Oct 2011
Would someone be kind enough to recommend me a show? Preferably an one-cour anime. Thanks~
Jun 21, 2016 6:38 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Tendon_Unajuu said:
Would someone be kind enough to recommend me a show? Preferably an one-cour anime. Thanks~

It is two cour but based on your tastes, I think you would like Princess Tutu.
Jun 21, 2016 9:13 AM

Dec 2008
Tendon_Unajuu said:
After looking at your anime lists, I believe you might be interested in these one-cour anime:

Bartender
Coyote Ragtime Show
Gokusen
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

Also, just in case, this is a two-cour anime I believe you might enjoy:

The Big O

Hope you find the anime you're looking for!
Jun 22, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2013
Hi there! Could someone recommend me an anime? Something not sci-fi or mecha, if possible. The length doesn't matter. Thank you!!
Jun 22, 2016 6:53 AM

Dec 2008
lennah said:
Hi there! Could someone recommend me an anime? Something not sci-fi or mecha, if possible. The length doesn't matter. Thank you!!
After looking at your anime list, I suggest you check out Natsuyuki Rendezvous. It has a good story (won't say anything of it so as not to spoil it), and it's a mix of romantic comedy with a bit of supernatural. I think you'll like it :)
Jun 22, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2013
Kino_no_Tabi said:
lennah said:
After looking at your anime list, I suggest you check out Natsuyuki Rendezvous. It has a good story (won't say anything of it so as not to spoil it), and it's a mix of romantic comedy with a bit of supernatural. I think you'll like it :)

Thank you very much! It looks really interesting ^^
Jun 22, 2016 10:50 PM

Nov 2015
I'm about to complete my challenge, so I have a few questions. I'm doing the bonus challenges as well. So, I'd like some recommendations from you guys.

1. » Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action.

2. » Watch a Korean or Chinese anime.

3. » Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940.

4. » Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960.

5. » Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980.

Help is much appreciated!
Jun 22, 2016 11:34 PM

Jul 2014
For "watch an anime with a target demographic that does not apply to you", does the demographic you pick have to be opposite to your own in both gender and age? i.e. I fit into the shoujo (young/teenage girl) demographic so would I have to use a seinen (adult man) anime or is shounen/jousei fine as well?
Jun 23, 2016 12:07 AM
Dec 2015
delija9091 said:
Anyone a recommendation for some good 80's anime? Can be based on my anime list, but I am generally open for everything as long as it is around two cours long.

It would probably also make sense to stick this thread at the top of the section like the sign-up thread.

some recs:
Urusei Yatsura
Cats eye
Dirty pair
Jun 23, 2016 3:17 AM
Apr 2014
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

need one for this: prefer comedy anime like baka to test. :) hopefully 1 course and any duration(episode length) will do :)
Jun 23, 2016 5:54 AM

Dec 2008
vikki7783 said:
For "watch an anime with a target demographic that does not apply to you", does the demographic you pick have to be opposite to your own in both gender and age? i.e. I fit into the shoujo (young/teenage girl) demographic so would I have to use a seinen (adult man) anime or is shounen/jousei fine as well?
My understanding is that, in your case, shounen/jousei are fine as well. In the demographic sense, you are not part of shounen nor josei because you don't comply with both their age and gender demographic definition (based on what you have stated). This will give you more choices of anime to watch for this challenge.
Jun 23, 2016 6:15 AM

Dec 2008
_LorDNiCo_ said:
I'm about to complete my challenge, so I have a few questions. I'm doing the bonus challenges as well. So, I'd like some recommendations from you guys.

1. » Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action.

2. » Watch a Korean or Chinese anime.

4. » Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960.

5. » Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980.

Help is much appreciated!
These are my suggestions for some of the categories you mentioned:

1. » Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action:
Hayate the Combat Butler: There's a Live Action TV series based on this anime. After looking at your lists, I think you should look into this one.

Parasyte Maxim: This anime has been adapted to live action movies and TV series. Recommended for the sci-fi and philosophical aspect of it.

Great Teacher Onizuka: I noticed you have this one on your PTW list, and it has been adapted to a live action TV series and a movie too.

Omocha Bako series Dai 3: This is a black and white short anime aired in 1934 (according MAL databases). I've watched it and all I can say is that it was ... interesting. Anyway, it's really short and am only suggesting it as a means to complete this challenge. It has Mickey Mouse in it, but not in the way he's known nowadays.

I hope any of these would help you complete your challenge :) Good luck!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 47 48 [49] 50 51 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

62 by -YaoiBoy- »»
16 seconds ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 5 hours ago

14 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 20 minutes ago

4 by Nemo_Niemand »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 10 hours ago

25 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

75 by Pinoffin »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.