Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2016 2:07 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011

You may find the Sign Up thread (along with more information about this challenge) here!

Discussion is not required for completing the challenge. Use this thread to:

- Ask question related to the challenge.
- Ask for or give recommendations for items of the challenge list.
- Post badges donations for the challenge (please do~).

Avoid posting unrelated stuff to the challenge, i.e. recent episodes, airing/seasonal anime, unrelated anime to the challenge, chatting between users and so on.

Avoid posting spoilers when talking about a specific anime (or use the spoiler tag).

And please edit your posts instead of double posting!

Frequently Asked Questions

SheyCroixJun 23, 2017 7:03 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2016 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
Glad to see it's up so soon this year. It's already looking refreshing and I like how some of the challenges are ones from last year with a new spin. Particularly got a kick out of the "watch something that's been on PTW for too long", yowza some of them have been there for years.

I'll go ahead and just leave Aoi Hana here for anyone who needs a shoujo ai series. It's not fetishized and doesn't go use yuri as fanservice, so I'd say it's perfect for anyone who's reluctant about stepping out into that territory.
Jan 5, 2016 2:42 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
I'll go ahead and just leave Aoi Hana here for anyone who needs a shoujo ai series. It's not fetishized and doesn't go use yuri as fanservice, so I'd say it's perfect for anyone who's reluctant about stepping out into that territory.

I actually had this ptw so I'm gonna go for this first then, some good yuri to start off with is a nice idea
Jan 5, 2016 2:59 PM

Sep 2015
Might be a dumb question, but where do I get the banners from? I saw them in the other thread but couldn't find any links to them in order to copy them into my sig.

Edit - second question : can different anime from the same franchise be used? IE Could I use different Mobile Suit Gundam anime for different challenges?
MazJan 5, 2016 4:44 PM
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 5, 2016 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
Can I only use anime that I started in 2016? Because I've been watching Gintama for a couple months and I'm only halfway through, but I plan to finish it in 2016.
Jan 5, 2016 3:10 PM

Sep 2012
Somewhat similar question to dertswa687o above me: It says that the anime must be watched during the challenge period. For the anime I previously dropped/on-hold, do they have to be anime I dropped during 2016 or do they count if I dropped them a previous year but finish them during the challenge period from where I left off? I.e., if I dropped an anime from 2014 at episode 7, if I watch episodes 8-13 during the challenge period does that count?
Jan 5, 2016 3:13 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
ItsMaz said:
Might be a dumb question, but where do I get the banners from? I saw them in the other thread but couldn't find any links to them in order to copy them into my sig.

right click on image
copy image address

dertswa687o said:
Can I only use anime that I started in 2016? Because I've been watching Gintama for a couple months and I'm only halfway through, but I plan to finish it in 2016.

kinda want to know this too cause of my yugioh watching
Jan 5, 2016 3:25 PM

Sep 2015
JOAOAA said:
ItsMaz said:

right click on image
copy image address

Derp, I should've realised that. Thanks :P
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 5, 2016 3:28 PM

Mar 2014
It says you have to place your sign-up date but the challenge began on January 1st already, and I have completed some anime that might fit in some criteria. Can I add them or not?
Jan 5, 2016 3:33 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
dertswa687o said:
Yes, only anime that you started watching this year (think of how many categories you could have filled with the fall 2015 anime lol)

PavoKujaku said:
Somewhat similar question to dertswa687o above me: It says that the anime must be watched during the challenge period. For the anime I previously dropped/on-hold, do they have to be anime I dropped during 2016 or do they count if I dropped them a previous year but finish them during the challenge period from where I left off? I.e., if I dropped an anime from 2014 at episode 7, if I watch episodes 8-13 during the challenge period does that count?
Actually thanks for bringing that up. That item is the only exception as to the challenge period, since it doesn't make sense to just use something dropped/on-hold from this year. So they should have been dropped/on-hold before, but started again this year.

-Anokata said:
It says you have to place your sign-up date but the challenge began on January 1st already, and I have completed some anime that might fit in some criteria. Can I add them or not?
If you started them after January 1st, then sure. Go ahead.
SheyCroixJan 5, 2016 3:39 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 5, 2016 3:49 PM

May 2014
I need recs for short anime. I've already watched I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying, and would like something that has 11+ episodes. Any genre is fine
Jan 5, 2016 3:52 PM

Jul 2011
SecretDinosaur said:
I need recs for short anime. I've already watched I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying, and would like something that has 11+ episodes. Any genre is fine

Tonari No-Seku Kun
Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu
Ninja Slayer
Yama no Susume

Are the ones i remember (besides Inferno Cop) right now.
Jan 5, 2016 4:41 PM

Sep 2013
Anyone a recommendation for some good 80's anime? Can be based on my anime list, but I am generally open for everything as long as it is around two cours long.

It would probably also make sense to stick this thread at the top of the section like the sign-up thread.
Jan 5, 2016 5:11 PM

May 2015
This is my first time attempting this challenge.

Does anyone have suggestions for an ONA?
Jan 5, 2016 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
Can I use anime from the same franchise for different categories?

For example, I want to watch the first season of Fate/zero for one category while Fate/zero 2 for a different category.
Jan 5, 2016 5:27 PM

Nov 2013
Hi fellows.

Could I get reqs on these two things:

Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese
Watch an anime with a score of 7.0 or below

For the last one, I guess I just want something underrated rather than actually bad if possible. Thought you guys might have some ideas.
Jan 5, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2013
SecretDinosaur said:

Teekyuu
Senyuu
Chi's Sweet Home
Yami Shibai
Super Seisyun Brothers
Nihon Animator Mihonichi

FieryFayte said:

Eve no Jikan (There is an ONA and a movie version)
Inferno Cop
Nihon Animator Mihonichi
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt (haven't watched the first ep yet myself, but the PV looked alright)
Jan 5, 2016 5:32 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
BasedNardo said:

For example, I want to watch the first season of Fate/zero for one category while Fate/zero 2 for a different category.
Yes, you can use both titles for different categories.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 5, 2016 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
SheyCroix said:
BasedNardo said:

Yes, you can use both titles for different categories.

Thanks.
Themisto said:
Hi fellows.

Baccano
Akuma no Riddle
For the last one, I guess I just want something underrated rather than actually bad if possible. Thought you guys might have some ideas.

Those are the same anime I'm going to watch for these categories.
Jan 5, 2016 5:49 PM

Jul 2011
Themisto said:

Sasami-san Ganbaranai

Themisto said:

Gunslinger Girl
Jormungand
Le Chevalier D'Eon
Pumpkin Scissors

Or stuff that doesn't happends in the Earth like Outlaw Star.
Jan 5, 2016 6:10 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Any suggestions for anime focusing on non-romantic relationships? Thanks!

Any recs for an easily accessible Koren or Chinese animation? Ideally, something on the short side?
BrandJan 5, 2016 7:44 PM
Jan 5, 2016 7:08 PM

Jul 2015
Help with finding a three cours anime?

I started Durarara!!x2 Shou late in Dec, so I can't use that series for it. But, I don't know of any other anime like that, so help pls!

How can I smile when I am filled with so much sorrow?
It is natural -- you need to smile to your sorrow because you are more than your sorrow. (Thích Nhất Hạnh)
Jan 5, 2016 7:20 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
c4479 said:
Help with finding a three cours anime?

I started Durarara!!x2 Shou late in Dec, so I can't use that series for it. But, I don't know of any other anime like that, so help pls!

Durarara!! wouldn't count as three cours because it is a bunch of separate entries in the DB.

Mahoujin Guru Guru (Goofy fun, rpg parody)
Oniisama e... (Melodrama)
The Twelve Kingdoms (epic fantasy)
The Beast Player Erin (Fantasy, slice of life)
Nadia: Secret of Blue Water (Classic, adventure)
Jan 5, 2016 7:37 PM
Oct 2015
Very happy to see this challenge returning in 2016! Looking forward to a year of new anime with everyone else participating. :)
Jan 5, 2016 8:26 PM
Dec 2014
"» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
 » Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge"

SOMEBODY GIVE ME ANIME FOR DISSSS CHALLENGES!
Jan 5, 2016 8:28 PM

Aug 2010
Watch an anime that was recently reviewed

So, I assume that I have to pick an anime that has been reviewed in 2016, correct? Or can I pick something that has been reviewed on, say, December 2015?

It'd make more sense to go with an anime that has been reviewed in 2016 (given that this a 2016 challenge), but the current wording doesn't seem to indicate that, so I'd like a clarification here.
Jan 5, 2016 8:44 PM

Mar 2013
Themisto said:
Hi fellows.

For Under 7: Ranpo Kitan, Houkago no Pleiades, One of the portions of the Short Peace film(I highly recommend Gambo),

For non-japanese: Black Lagoon, Aria, Sidonia No Kishi

kallah said:
Watch an anime that was recently reviewed

So, I assume that I have to pick an anime that has been reviewed in 2016, correct? Or can I pick something that has been reviewed on, say, December 2015?

It'd make more sense to go with an anime that has been reviewed in 2016 (given that this a 2016 challenge), but the current wording doesn't seem to indicate that, so I'd like a clarification here.

Click on the reviews bit, get something off the front page. It's basically a free square. Super safe bet = watch something on going and it'll get reviewed shortly after being finished. Boom easy peasy.

Sawt0othGrin said:
"» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
 » Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge"

SOMEBODY GIVE ME ANIME FOR DISSSS CHALLENGES!

Nisekoi for the first. I've watch K-On and the Berserk movies so far, so you can use one of those.

~~~~~

I think I pulled my answer from a question above, but the main series of Major is 6 different entries and not 1 entry correct? So I can use Major for 6 different challenges?
AudioTsunamiJan 5, 2016 8:49 PM
Jan 5, 2016 9:06 PM

Sep 2012
So can I use one anime to fill up 3 different challenges, for example, I just finished watching Ushio to Tora and it finishes the challenge for "non-human main character, demons, and supernatural." Can I or can I not?
Jan 5, 2016 9:08 PM

Jul 2015
Mellowmancer said:
So can I use one anime to fill up 3 different challenges, for example, I just finished watching Ushio to Tora and it finishes the challenge for "non-human main character, demons, and supernatural." Can I or can I not?

Sorry, you can't.
"For each item select an anime that fits its criteria. Each anime can be used once within the challenge."
-
-

「 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥. 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘺. 」
◐ -

-
Jan 5, 2016 9:11 PM

Mar 2009
now this is interesting~ Hope i can finish this... good thing i have a lot of anime reserve in my HDD...
Jan 5, 2016 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
Memphis_Tennesse said:
Mellowmancer said:

Sorry, you can't.
"For each item select an anime that fits its criteria. Each anime can be used once within the challenge."

Ok, so what about animes with more than one sequel like for example "Major" where it has 6 sequels. Can I use each season for different challenges or would they be considered the same anime? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I just want to make sure cause on MAL they are considered separate animes but to people they are considered the same anime.
Jan 5, 2016 10:15 PM

Jul 2015
Mellowmancer said:
Memphis_Tennesse said:

Sorry, you can't.

Ok, so what about animes with more than one sequel like for example "Major" where it has 6 sequels. Can I use each season for different challenges or would they be considered the same anime? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I just want to make sure cause on MAL they are considered separate animes but to people they are considered the same anime.

Yep, you can use different titles for different categories, it doesn't matter if they are from the same franchise.
-
-

◐ -

-
Jan 5, 2016 10:21 PM

Apr 2015
Are there any shounen-ai series a straight male might enjoy for the plot (not that kind of plot) before I just stick with my picked out harem (Tenchi Muyo)? I want to try something new but everything looks sappy and bleh.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 5, 2016 10:23 PM

Mar 2013
CatSoul said:
Are there any shounen-ai series a straight male might enjoy for the plot (not that kind of plot) before I just stick with my picked out harem (Tenchi Muyo)? I want to try something new but everything looks sappy and bleh.

Any of the Kono Danshi series would be fine.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/15439/Kono_Danshi_Ningyo_Hiroimashita.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25143/Kono_Danshi_Sekika_ni_Nayandemasu.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11355/Kono_Danshi_Uchuujin_to_Tatakaemasu.
HeiizeJan 5, 2016 10:23 PM
Jan 5, 2016 10:36 PM

Nov 2008
Just for added clarification, do we need to simply WATCH part of a series (one or two episodes) that fit a given criteria or do we have to COMPLETE whatever we start?
Jan 5, 2016 10:55 PM

Aug 2012
For this section:

Watch an anime by the same director/composer/studio as one of your favorites anime

For the same director, do I choose the anime the director worked on as a director or any position in an anime he has been involved with?

FieryFayte said:

There's also Hetalia if you want more suggestions.
LiaevesJan 5, 2016 11:02 PM
Jan 5, 2016 10:57 PM

Apr 2011
Guys, I could do with a nice rec for the challenge. Finished airing, preferably not very long (3 cours or less) and for genres, think action or comedy.
Jan 5, 2016 11:53 PM

Jul 2015
Looking for a Romance Recommendation as a "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"
VanAlexJan 6, 2016 12:34 AM
Jan 6, 2016 12:29 AM

Jun 2011
Recommendation for a good Shounen-ai TV Series? As a straight male I never touched any, but I don't mind trying. Someone recommended movies on this page but I prefer a full TV series.
I'm feeling thank you
Jan 6, 2016 12:41 AM

Jul 2015
Domi said:
Recommendation for a good Shounen-ai TV Series? As a straight male I never touched any, but I don't mind trying. Someone recommended movies on this page but I prefer a full TV series.

You could watch Love Stage or Junjou Romantica, both are pretty soft.
-
-

◐ -

-
Jan 6, 2016 12:45 AM

Jun 2011
Memphis_Tennesse said:
Domi said:
You could watch Love Stage or Junjou Romantica, both are pretty soft.
Love Stage looks actually quite good, thanks!
I'm feeling thank you
Jan 6, 2016 12:50 AM

Dec 2009
yhunata said:
Guys, I could do with a nice rec for the challenge. Finished airing, preferably not very long (3 cours or less) and for genres, think action or comedy.

Hoozuki no Reitetsu is only 13 episodes and is a comedy

If I could have a rec as well. Has already finished airing and only one cour, comedy or action.

Jan 6, 2016 1:01 AM

Jun 2015
I could use a rec for romance or comedy preferably 1 or 2 cours.
DessssyJan 6, 2016 1:15 AM
:)
Jan 6, 2016 1:07 AM

Apr 2015
Can someone help with the following?

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Edit: I don't mind but prefer Fantasy or Adventure or Physiological or even a SOLID romance.

desseroni said:
I could a rec for romance or comedy preferably 1 or 2 cours.

Sakurasou no pet no kanojo should be good.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedJan 6, 2016 1:16 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2016 1:09 AM

Apr 2011
breathesunshine said:
yhunata said:

Hoozuki no Reitetsu is only 13 episodes and is a comedy

Strange, I could've sworn I'd started to watch that already and that it was two cours long. Well, it works, I suppose.

breathesunshine said:
If I could have a rec as well. Has already finished airing and only one cour, comedy or action.

You could try D-Frag! It's an amazing comedy.

JkayW said:

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

What kind of anime are you looking for?
Jan 6, 2016 1:11 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
JkayW said:

Are you looking for anything specific? If not, I highly recommend Seirei no Moribito.
Jan 6, 2016 1:12 AM

Apr 2015
Van_Alex said:
Looking for a Romance Recommendation as a "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"

White Album 2, Quite similar to Yahari.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2016 1:14 AM

Jan 2010
JkayW said:

Here's a couple to pick from judging from your favorites:

Ao no Exorcist
Kaze no Stigma
Sengoku Basara
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
Zetsuen no Tempest

Could anyone also give me a recommendation for the same challenge? Gonna see if I can get this ironed before I pass out tonight.
Jan 6, 2016 1:19 AM

Apr 2015
Shocked said:
JkayW said:

Ao no Exorcist
Kaze no Stigma
Sengoku Basara
Zetsuen no Tempest

Could anyone also give me a recommendation for the same challenge? Gonna see if I can get this ironed before I pass out tonight.

Yahari is you want a really fascinating introspective on high-school life from one of my favourite mc's of all time., not your standard romcom.

Nanatsu no taizai, Solid shounen that's getting a second season, relies on the mystery of its characters and setting to intrigue you.

Durararara. Up to you since its made by the guy that made Baccano
Jan 6, 2016 1:25 AM

Jan 2010
JkayW said:
Shocked said:

Ao no Exorcist
Kaze no Stigma
Sengoku Basara
Zetsuen no Tempest

Yahari is you want a really fascinating introspective on high-school life from one of my favourite mc's of all time., not your standard romcom.

Nanatsu no taizai, Solid shounen that's getting a second season, relies on the mystery of its characters and setting to intrigue you.

Durararara. Up to you since its made by the guy that made Baccano

I'll check out Nanatsu no Taizai, thanks!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why are classic dubbed anime always being praised than modern dubs?

funtime43_tr - 1 minute ago

0 by funtime43_tr »»
1 minute ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

117 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 6 hours ago

29 by Nemo_Niemand »»
4 minutes ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 1 hour ago

20 by iSpade »»
5 minutes ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

30 by EastIndiaCompany »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.