Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 10, 2017 7:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Both kids pass the test of the 10 survival days, and now continues their adventure to a new down stratos!!! ;)
Sep 16, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe Ozen's wickedness finds its reasons, but there must be something else, anyway, she also has a tender heart. So it is true that Riko was born dead, fascinating! Like the rest that has been narrated in this episode. The story gets even more exciting, wow! Touching the final scene with Marluk who greets Riko and Reg. The two little boys and their peculiarities come to the surface during the survival field, who knows if they now start the real challenge for the two, are on the thorns because the hairy character still does not arrive .
Sep 16, 2017 10:28 PM

Apr 2015
From the flashback sequences in this episode, I don't completely hate Ozen anymore. Do I think the Abyss has fucked with her head? Absolutely. Do I think that she has bad intentions for Reg and Riko? No.

There is, of course, the sense of dread that I feel as Reg and Riko move to the third layer, yet at the same time excitement for them. These kids are strong (as the ten-day survival challenge proved), but they're going to be physically and mentally pushed further than I probably want to see.

I wish Reg would get more of his memories back, but I don't feel like we'll get a true answer about what he is until they reach the bottom of the Abyss.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 30, 2017 3:46 PM

Jul 2015
Poor Maruruk :'( , she just wanted some friends
she reminds me of Rem ^^
Oct 1, 2017 3:58 AM

Jan 2016
those are some weird ass eyelashes
Oct 5, 2017 2:23 AM

Mar 2012
I still think these people are insane letting kids participate in these dives.
Oct 7, 2017 2:39 PM

May 2012
Another great episode, really looking forwards what they'll find in the third level!
Oct 8, 2017 10:53 PM

Dec 2016
Lisa's past apprentice is 100% Reg, so something crazy must've happened to him to result in him being turned into pretty much 100% robot, unless I'm wrong and he's just a normal boy and Reg is a completely different being
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 9, 2017 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
Lisa looks so much like Tanya Degurechaff lol. Anyway, it's nice to see some much needed backstory on her.

Glad to see that the survival training didn't drag on. I like the exchange between Reg, Riko, and Ozen in the dining table, although introducing more characters at this point (the other White Whistles) makes me skeptical of where the show is heading. Hopefully the show can steady its focus on the duo's journey to traverse the remaining layers.
SkittlesOct 10, 2017 3:58 AM
Oct 13, 2017 7:05 PM

Dec 2008
Marulk's goodbye to Riko and Reg made me cry.
Oct 18, 2017 2:06 PM

Sep 2014
I was expecting the training to take a whole episode but I'm glad it didn't.

Was great to finally see Lyza and her relation with Ozen so sweet. Frigging loved Ozen's face when the husband showed up haha.
So Riko was really stillborn interesting..
More White Whistles wew and they seem scarier than Ozen, especially Bondrewd.
Nov 7, 2017 1:44 AM

May 2012
what did Ozens facial expression mean when Lyza introduced her husband? i can't tell if she dislikes him for taking her away as in taking away her only friend, or if she was hoping for something romantic or something? or maybe she just dislikes change being who knows how old, like when it says that she never wanted to see her friend like that.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Nov 7, 2017 4:27 AM

Jul 2017
Altay545 said:
what did Ozens facial expression mean when Lyza introduced her husband? i can't tell if she dislikes him for taking her away as in taking away her only friend, or if she was hoping for something romantic or something? or maybe she just dislikes change being who knows how old, like when it says that she never wanted to see her friend like that.
she likes lyza jajajjajajaajja i supose
Nov 7, 2017 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
Found it particularly touching how proud Lyza was of Riko, turning what should have been a horrifying tragedy into what she considers her daughter's greatest strength. That Riko crawling towards the Abyss marked her determination and will for adventure, even beyond life.
Nov 7, 2017 10:34 PM

May 2013
Lyza is so pretty C: I wish Riko's eyes weren't cursed so she doesn't need her glasses :3 I prefer no glasses. On another note, Lyza's husband looked childish and lame lol. Ozen said he died easily which is a shame :/ The difference in strength is too contrasting v__v Wish he was more badass .-. Oh wells.

Reg and Riko's training didn't look that intense and it doesn't seem like 10 days matured them drastically which is a little disappointing :( Surprised they're being let go to the lower levels. I know there's only 13 eps, but the training seems too short to be effective progress for them to move on.

Ozen is aight. I like how she cares for Lyza. The face she made when Lyza introduced her husband to her was priceless xDDD
Nov 9, 2017 4:24 AM

Mar 2015
So we finally see Lyza's face! She's pretty!

Onto the third layer they go!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 12, 2017 4:21 PM

Jul 2013
Riko is honestly the most annoying character for me, but my interest in seeing the plot unfold keeps me going. And Reg is cute and he's a cool fighter.
Dec 21, 2017 9:33 PM

May 2013
Lyza is so beautiful!
made by bunnyama
Jan 1, 2018 2:24 PM

Jul 2013
Everthing about this episode is so perfect, the animation, the beautiful soundtrack, and the dialogue between Lyza and Ozen is perfect. I wish Reg and Riko a safe adventure.
Jan 5, 2018 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
And, of course, Lyza is just freaking beautiful. How didnt I see this coming...

OST is so weird yet so glorious
Jan 18, 2018 1:36 AM

Sep 2015
Wow what a good episode Ozen was a nice and well written character I enjoyed watching the flashbacks with her and lyza and how the past dictated how she treated Riko. That end with Maluak was sad as well :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 4, 2018 2:27 PM

Mar 2016
Lyza's face is finally revealed! She's beautiful. And so is some flashback to show the close relationship Ozen and Lyza have. Ozen might have an evil and sadistic attitude, but her actual true personality is almost the opposite. (The BG is really effective here)

Yet another farewell from a new but very close friend, Marulk. This time the feels are more intense (for me at least), almost made me cry... I'll miss Marulk and Ozen. (Again, the same background effectively enhancing the goodbye moments)

Riko got her mom's weapon, so it's time to move forward...
ShadowkillZFeb 4, 2018 2:33 PM
Feb 9, 2018 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
Ozen's terrible posture always makes me laugh whenever I see it.
Mar 14, 2018 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
The pace is slow but I like it.
We had a little development in this episode, I'm curious for the next 5 episodes what will happen.
Mar 17, 2018 10:22 AM
Sep 2016
Nice episode. Riko is way too careless, i don't think she would go this far without reg.
In the next episodes it will be interesting to see how they improved over the course of 3 weeks and how new riko's weapon works.

After the flashbacks and reveal that Ozen isn't as bad as I thought I started to really like her, also Lyza's face is beautiful and kind of childish (she is only missing a diastema :D).
Mar 23, 2018 12:48 AM

Jul 2013
I hate it when I see little fucking kids cry. I hope Riko and Reg meet all their friends again.
Apr 12, 2018 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
And with this, we bid adieu to Ozen - for now, at least. As a character itself, she has nothing but my respect, but her voice-acting was so over-the-top, and I mean so distractingly over-acted, that part of me is actually glad I don't have to hear that grating voice any more...In fact, towards the end it got so bad that I had to actually mute the audio whenever she showed up, which was even more frustrating when you consider the momentous flashback scene with Lyza that I had no choice but to watch muted. Way to ruin a good moment...
MisterGibbonApr 12, 2018 10:51 AM
Apr 15, 2018 6:00 AM

May 2016
Ozen's so tall that she has to hunch over so much to eat while sitting to the point that her spine gives out a big nasty crack was nothing short of unsettling. The menacing jealous/overprotective face she made when Lyza introduced her husband was pretty funny though. After some time with her, she's not bad at all especially after seeing that flashback~

A glimpse towards the other White Whistles and the Abyss' ability to distort one's perception of time :o

Lyza really does look like Tanya but grown up lmao. Being a supposed walking corpse can actually be a good thing once you start seeing it the same way she did. They survived the training, learned some new tactics, and even got a new weapon. Marulk \'s farewell with the two was even sadder than the first farewell. I hope that they'll get to see him again.

Apr 25, 2018 9:16 AM

Sep 2017
Filler episode. Both Riko and Reg finish 10 day trial and move on. It is astonishing that Riko's mom had the guts to continue exploring the abyss while getting married.

Well, whatever. If there was no Reg, Riko is dead meat.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 10, 2018 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
I like Ozen. She might be really harsh, but I still can't help but be charmed by her. I would love to learn more about her and her past.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 11, 2018 3:46 PM

May 2010
Torka had such a childish design, now I wanna know why all male characters in this series are basically shotas.

And with this episode it's confirmed, Ozen's the best girl :3
Jan 30, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2014
Should start picking up now. OST still the best part of the show for me so far.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Feb 13, 2019 3:18 PM
Oct 2017
OMG LYRA/LYZA/LYDIA is SO BEAUTIFUL NEW WAIFU NOWWW I LOVE HER I LOVE HER I LOVE HER!!!
Feb 21, 2019 2:40 AM

Dec 2012
Song name? Damn Lyza looks like Mavis from Fairy Tail

Apr 8, 2019 10:27 AM

Feb 2013
The training ended super fast, weird.
Ozen is nice after all!
May 24, 2019 8:11 PM
Apr 2016
Finally the rough training is over, the survival test. Lyza sure is cute, finally we got to see her face. Well, they're setting out to go deeper now, finally.
Jul 5, 2019 4:16 PM

Jun 2019
OOwwww Lyza is so pretty!

And the OST is so good, really loved this episode !
-

“You’ll always have me.”

-
Aug 7, 2019 7:39 PM

Apr 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Swagernator said:

Unless the anime wants to end the 4th arc before the manga does, I can't see a second season happening any time soon + this anime is definitely not going to be very successful

It actually did turn out VERY successful. Good thing, too.
Oct 5, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
Glad that the training ended fast so we can move on with the plot. Ozen turned out to be a better person than I thought although she still has some bitch tendencies lol but that's just her character. She's still a good person in the end. I liked it especially when she gave Riko some encouragement that Lyza is most likely alive in the Abyss after almost crushing her hopes in the last episode. I wonder if Riko's father will be relevant in the future. So far, I think this is the first time the show told us anything about him and they glossed over it real quick with his death.

The other white whistles look like they're gonna be a pain in the ass. Some of them are probably going to be future villains for our mcs especially that particular one Ozen describes as an asshole.

Poor Marulk though. He got very honest with himself in the end and wished that Riko and Reg would just give up. It's the first time in ages since someone his age came there and he had a very good time with them and now they had to say goodbye without knowing if they'll ever come back alive. Combined with the OST, it was quite an emotional scene. A wonderful episode.
Oct 13, 2019 8:30 AM

Feb 2017
Legendary weapon GET! Even if it's about to break...
Mar 27, 2020 10:19 AM

Dec 2010
ichii_1 said:
Swagernator said:
This, shame that nippon is wet only for imouto incest adaptations, and when FINALLY something new and fresh appear, nobody give a shit.

Or it's just overrated, this slow ass pacing isn't helping either.
This, the only reason I'm even still watching this is because of the hype on the net, this is slower than One Piece but we're already 2/3rds to the end.
Apr 8, 2020 8:16 PM

Feb 2012
Apparently the Elton John-like insert song is called "Hanezeve Caradhina" (Googling "made in abyss songs" just gave me that). And it's part of the OST, I'd thought it was some pop song due to the vibe.
Jul 7, 2020 7:39 AM

Mar 2019
The ost at the end was 10/10 and I like Ozen a lot now
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 11, 2020 3:37 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I wanted to hear everything ozen would talk about, curiosity might just kill me.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 30, 2020 11:53 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Just remembered this is kind of like gon finding his dad, except this won't take 140 episodes to get to

And now just how do you descent a 4000 foot (or was it METER...) drop off cliff, humor me, oh great show

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 16, 2020 9:59 PM

Aug 2007
This anime completely captures my attention.
It's absolutely fascinating!

Nov 30, 2020 11:25 AM

Jan 2020
I personally really like the pacing of the story and how much information they are giving away in every episode!

Ozen of course, still knows what she's doing
And i really like Ozen & Lyza's flashbacks

the only cons i have about this anime so far is:
- I want Riko & Regu to be in more danger at times
- I sorta just don't think that twist in the story when Ozen beat up Regu was a good choice it did fit but at the same time it didn't
- Riko & Regu aren't really developing

i guess this episode would be considered filler, although it was quite entertaining
but nothing really important happens in there
although i really love Ozen & Lyza's backstories <3
Dec 27, 2020 12:27 PM

Aug 2018
Ouzen's face, when Lyza said she married that girl.. ;D Or wait.. It wasn't woman, but a man?.. Looked feminine.. But they had child?.. Well, who knows - maybe in this world 2 women can have child.. ;D
Well, I wonder.. If white whistles are really sometimes some persons who are just so seeking the truth or something, so they eventually some of them - just go the deepest they can.. It seems that there maybe were more people like that.. Who just never returned.. Not being able to return - doesn't equal not being able to go all the way down, really..
Dec 29, 2020 6:32 PM

Jul 2020
damn, that farewell left me in tears T_T
Jan 11, 2021 1:52 AM

Aug 2018
Beautiful episode, I'm glad they managed to survive those 10 days and prove to Ozen that they got what it takes to go deeper. I wonder if we will be shown those 3 white whistles who are in layer 5 of the Abyss.

The flashbacks were probably my favorite part of the episode, Lyza is looking like awesome character but her The Annihilator title is terrifying at the same time.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

781 by YungGrif »»
Sep 24, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

176 by YungGrif »»
Sep 24, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

EasyGo-er - Sep 8, 2017

612 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 22, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

198 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 21, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

202 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 19, 5:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.