Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2017 6:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah nice, we get to see Mitty and Nanachi's story including when she used to be human. It's told from Nanachi's point of view to Reg.

This series' finale shows a darker side of experiments and how Mitty turned into a Narehate. I actually think it was pretty thought provoking as it details how grim this anime can get. Pretty thrilling finale with the emotions. The part with Mitty's transformation really took my breath awhile with the horror.

Thought this finale was unique with the amount of narratives even compared to the other epiosdes. Not to mention, it has a longer length than some of the other episodes. Nanachi's tears and emotions made me tear up a little inside. Glad to see Riko waking up and spending more time with Reg.

Very good show overall, enjoyed it from start to finish. Such an emotional journey. 8.5/10.
Stark700Sep 29, 2017 7:26 AM
Sep 29, 2017 6:17 AM

Apr 2016
Seeing the back story in animated form was hard to watch :((

Overall I loved the series. Hopefully we can see more content

9/10
2D > 3D
Sep 29, 2017 6:18 AM

Jul 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah nice, we get to see Mitty and Nanachi's story including when she used to be human. It's told from Nanachi's point of view to Reg.

This series' finale shows a darker side of experiments and how Mitty turned into a Narehate. I actually think it was pretty thought provoking as it details how grim this anime can get. Pretty thrilling finale with the emotions. The part with Mitty's transformation really took my breath awhile with the horror.

Thought this finale was unique with the amount of narratives even compared to the other epiosdes. Not to mention, it has a longer length than some of the other episodes. Nanachi's and emotions made me tear up a little inside. Glad to see Riko waking up and spending more time with Reg.

Very good show overall, enjoyed it from start to finish. Such an emotional journey. 8/10.
where did you see?
Sep 29, 2017 6:25 AM
Sep 2017
omg that finale was amazing! what a great ending to this great show!
what a fucking rollercoaster of emotion
this is now definatly my anime of the season heck it might even be my anime of the year!
the soundtrack, the art, the story, the world building, the characters i loved it all
please oh please get a 2nd season i swear i will offer up my first born child
i guess we can just pray for now
Sep 29, 2017 6:32 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Maybe we will get a second season

Sep 29, 2017 6:43 AM

Feb 2016
I was hoping to see Bondrewd eyes but other than that i can't complain.
What a great way to end a series though a little bit cliff-hanging
I never thought they would show the bath scene tho ( i can already see the rant )

I will miss this series a lot ( Hopefully we will get season 2 or Bondad Movies. Even the staff want to make season 2, ;-; )
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Sep 29, 2017 7:06 AM

Oct 2014
podetus said:
I was hoping to see Bondrewd eyes but other than that i can't complain.
What a great way to end a series though a little bit cliff-hanging
I never thought they would show the bath scene tho ( i can already see the rant )

I will miss this series a lot ( Hopefully we will get season 2 or Bondad Movies. Even the staff want to make season 2, ;-; )

I agree completely! Pass the popcorn.

I don't think there's enough material for season 2, I'd much rather they make a series of OVAs.
Isangman0Sep 29, 2017 7:09 AM
Sep 29, 2017 7:15 AM

Feb 2016
Isangman0 said:
I'd much rather they make a series of OVAs.

The Staff did say that they want to make Daily Life of Marulk OVA so there's that i quess. It all depend on the sales tho so who know.
(low-key pre-odering the ost and bluray)
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Sep 29, 2017 7:21 AM

Apr 2017
podetus said:
Isangman0 said:
I'd much rather they make a series of OVAs.

The Staff did say that they want to make Daily Life of Marulk OVA so there's that i quess. It all depend on the sales tho so who know.
(low-key pre-odering the ost and bluray)

I can only agree having more Ozen!
Sep 29, 2017 8:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just for the record, what chapter does this leave off on in the manga btw?
Sep 29, 2017 8:35 AM

Dec 2015
The Final Episode is Really Great But The Past Of Nanachi And Mitty Was Sad
But I think we need 2nd Season!
Ill Give 10/10 I really Like The Art,Music,Story so i Give it 10/10
Naegi-KunSep 29, 2017 8:40 AM
Sep 29, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2016
Great ending, and great adaptation of very good manga. I would definitely want to see more.

HaXXspetten said:
Just for the record, what chapter does this leave off on in the manga btw?

Somwhere in half of 26 cahpeter.
Sep 29, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2016
I wish i didn't read the manga out of impatience after episode 4. That was a great anime, now it's in my 10/10 favorites. Now i'll pray for a bondrewd movie and for more chapters of the manga, i just can't get enough of this series.
Sep 29, 2017 8:43 AM
Mar 2012
Easily 10/10 episode
I couldnt have asked for a better final ep, perfect pacing perfect music choice and true to the manga in everyway
AOTS no question.
Sep 29, 2017 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
Wow. I know everyone here has probably heard this from 9001 different people already, but before the season started I really wasn't expecting much from this show, but holy hell am I glad I gave it a chance because I couldn't have been more wrong. Without a doubt AotS, going on my favorites list, and I NEED a season 2 O_O Friday is going to feel a bit empty without this show to look forward to anymore.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Sep 29, 2017 8:59 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing ending, simply the best anime of this season, even if you include previous season's leftovers.
Sep 29, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
Outstanding final

Can't remember the last time when I saw such a stirring flashback in an airing show. Especially the elevator scene was so impressive,this is what I call dark , makes most stuff I've seen so far rather cute. *manly tears were shed:'(

Awesome show overall, loved the narration, the atmosphere,worldbuilding, characters and their designs.OSTs were remerkable too.

And while it's sad that this is over I'm totally looking forward to Pick up the manga.

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2017 9:01 AM

Jun 2015
This was an amazing finale. It's a shame it has ended. I would love to see more. Got to see the backstory for Mitty and Nanachi. That was hard to watch. Nanachi tried different methods to kill Mitty, but none worked. Seeing her saying her last goodbye and Reg killing Mitty was gut-wrenching. Tears of sadness were shed. Glad to see Riko is doing okay. As for the show overall, it was awesome. I loved it. The animation and OST was beautiful. 8/10
Sep 29, 2017 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
out. fucking. standing.

i laughed, i cried, i was swept off my feet with awe. EASY 10/10 for me
Sep 29, 2017 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
10/10

Even with unfinished storyline, it's 10/10. Ultra rare for me to give any show that doesn't wrap story up completely this rating.
Sep 29, 2017 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
Mitty... ;_;

A good finale. Nanachi's and Mitty's past was sad. It was hard to watch Mitty's transformation and her ordeal was too much.
Riko recovered and the two are continuing on with their adventure with Nanachi.

This was an impressive show. One of the best in the season and didn't disappoint me at all. Going to read the manga since I'm curious about this Bondrewd guy. Hope this gets a second season. It totally deserves one.

9/10.

Sep 29, 2017 9:19 AM
Jul 2015
Amazing finale! Definitely Anime of Season! I'm glad that Kinema Citrus manage to adapt this perfectly. Will be waiting for 2nd season and Bondrewd Arc which will be more awesome than before! I recommend you to continue with the manga if you did not have patience to wait for 2nd season (it was mentioned briefly on the pre-screening finale that the studio was interested in making more Made In Abyss film, we get "Daily Life of Marulk" as for now, no confirmation yet for 2nd season tho..) Need moar feels? Check out this guy video. Its pretty much the same scene at the half of this episode till the end, but in animated manga format. The creator choice of OST on Mitty scene are different from the anime this episode, which bring more feels than the anime, the anime choices were good too tho. Here's the link for anyone interested : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAs9FpyrtI0
Sep 29, 2017 9:19 AM

Jan 2016
The death of Mitty is the first scene in all of film to make me flat out cry. I don't mean shed tears, I've done that many times, I'm talking flowing tears, uncontrollable convulsing, runny nose ugly crying. 9/10 series, maybe a 10 on the rewatch and the dependent second season, now to wait for Sentai's BD release.
Sep 29, 2017 9:24 AM

Jun 2017
An entire episode - 45 minutes long, nonetheless - devoted to the killing of some blob creature that we were supposed to care about.

A fitting finale for a series where nothing happened in every single episode.

Most overrated show of the season.
Sep 29, 2017 9:25 AM
Sep 2017
agree to disagree

i wont flame you
but i can see the mob coming
Sep 29, 2017 9:32 AM

Sep 2012
Such a good way to finish the show. Probably AOTS for me.
Sep 29, 2017 9:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was one of the hardest things I have ever had to watch

I can't even begin to express how depressed I was and how much despair and sadness overcame me when I saw the story of Nanachi and Mitty and I'm just astonished by how THAT guy didn't even see all of these poor little kids as human beings

This reminded me of the feeling I got when I watched FMA and saw Shou Tucker perform experiments on his own daughter and turned her into a fucking beast and this was just as if not even more fucked up than that, and I am just so sorry for all of them.....This man killed Mitty over and over (Which he know she felt every bit of pain there was to come from it) and deformed her even more and for such a sweet and optimistic girl, she didn't deserve that at all

I can't even begin to imagine the psychological trauma Nanachi went through all this time and seeing her in present day and watching how she reacted to when it was time to kill Mitty just fucking broke me and left me hollow inside and I can't express it enough

But other than that, everything about this episode was just fantastic and it truly made me happy to see Nanachi smile again as well as to agree to join them on their journey because I just want her to be happy....She deserves to be happy....I'm happy for Reg and Riko too for overcoming their struggles and getting back on their horse

Overall this anime was a fucking masterpiece in my eyes and even though Princess Principal is my personal favorite/AOTS, this show right here is easily the best show of this season regardless and the ending aside, this was a very fitting conclusion to the series

And for that, I will reward this with my second 10/10 for the year and I hope that somehow this will get a second season because everything ranging from the story, production value for the art, animation and music (GOD TIER MUSIC, LIKE THAT OST IS TOO GOOD) and the characterization is just top notch

I'm gonna miss this show a lot :'') But I'm definitely picking up the manga now
TokoyaSep 29, 2017 9:42 AM
Sep 29, 2017 9:47 AM

Oct 2010
Such a strong finish to this season, I truly hope there will be a second season. My score for the series kept going up and up the more I watched, 9.5/10 if not 10/10 the past few episodes have just been outstanding, loved every part of this finale.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Sep 29, 2017 9:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
ohhh, and this was the end? was a nice episode, but weak, because i need more :/

The best anime of this summer season ;)
Sep 29, 2017 9:56 AM

Nov 2016
@Kaze_Kitsune

Nothing interesting happened in the first season of OPM.

And I guess you mixed up shows when talking about pointless robot/cyborg.

Comedy isn't necessary for a good show, especially dull one.

But at least you're right with the last point.
FMmatronSep 29, 2017 10:21 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2017 10:00 AM

Jan 2015
If only they made this series a bit longer we would have seen Bondrewd arc, which is the best arc ever created. Guess it fits better as a movie.

11/10 fucking amazing. The effort they've put in this adaptation is immeasurable
Sep 29, 2017 10:06 AM

Nov 2016
@sasalx
@Scalpelexis

I was just interested to know, if he can back up his opinion with some valid arguments,but I guess I was hoping for too much: S

Sep 29, 2017 10:09 AM

Oct 2016
This was an amazing series. I hope we'll see continuation someday.

Definitely AOTS.

9/10
Sep 29, 2017 10:24 AM
Aug 2010
What an amazing ride especially these last few episodes and to think we are not going to see what's coming up next when it's gotten to the good part. I might have to resort reading the manga but I really hope we get season 2 soon. Did anyone catch the hut where Nanachi resided and it looks like Mitty herself?
Sep 29, 2017 10:28 AM
Nov 2015
Although I didn't care much overall for this anime, I have to say that was a really great ending from a production and wrap-up point of view. Also, I've seen a lot of horror anime but this one is probably the most disturbing one of them all. I would watch the 2nd season, now at least I know what to expect.
Sep 29, 2017 10:29 AM

Aug 2013
9/10 would read the mango next
definitely best animu this season
Sep 29, 2017 10:31 AM

May 2012
Maaaaaannnnn... 9/10

This episode was pretty amazing and wrapped things up for this arc extremely well.

Here's to hoping for a season 2 and good sales, and if not, I'll go onto reading the manga anyway cause it was that great.

Sep 29, 2017 10:35 AM
Jul 2015
Oh man instead of discussing about this episode and whats inside of it, 2 people really need to barge in and be the party pooper, spamming their "opinion" and turning this into OPM discussion instead of Made in Abyss finale discussion.

I don't need to point out who they were, you guys already know. They claim to drop the anime ages ago, saying its boring, nothing happened, overrated and all that nonsese "opinion" at almost every episode discussion of Made in Abyss, but still need to come back just to troll people that are in fun discussing the finale.

Some people just want to see the world burn , couldn't see a fun party and happy people I guess.

Could we just appreciate how good the adaptation is, or how the soundtrack fits perfecty in this episode, or even point out the flaw that are in the episode, rather than discussing pointless or another series inside Made in Abyss finale discussion thread, freaking please.
Sep 29, 2017 10:46 AM

Aug 2017
Kaze_Kitsune said:
An entire episode - 45 minutes long, nonetheless - devoted to the killing of some blob creature that we were supposed to care about.

I see the reason behind this, because you doesn't really care about the character(so you won't feel anything if something bad happen to them) because this is the most important part to make you can enjoy this kind of show.

Maybe because Made in Abyss doesn't make you love character that much, or you're not into this genre(drama, adventure), or you don't like child character or you're looking for some good action show(assuming you have OPM as favorite anime, sorry if i get you wrong)

I don't mind you for this
Sep 29, 2017 10:48 AM

May 2017
Loved it, one of my favorites. 10/10
Sep 29, 2017 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
OH WOW!! SO SAD, SO CRUEL, YET SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

SEASON 2 ASAP!

8.5/10
Sep 29, 2017 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was amazing
Damn I actually cried when Mitty had to go, it was very emotional. Felt very bad for Nanachi.
But that part when they were at the lake tho lol.
I'll wait while to see if there's gonna be a second season, but if it takes too much time I'll go for the manga once the story isn't so fresh on my mind anymore.
But yeah, I really want a season 2, the animation and the soundtrack also helped me love this (can't stop listening it).
10/10 no doubt.
Baby, daijobanai...
Sep 29, 2017 10:51 AM

Feb 2014
Now that is one of the best finales to a season! Leaves you wanting more so much. Story was really picking up steam as well. Arrrrrgggg I am absolutely going to read the manga, cant wait for a season 2 here.
Sep 29, 2017 10:52 AM

Apr 2016
Kaze_Kitsune said:

Same man. I gave this like 4/10.

Hoping for a second season though.
Manyaa_-Sep 29, 2017 11:00 AM
Sep 29, 2017 10:54 AM

Aug 2017
Anyway, after reading manga and finish this show. It's doesn't disappoint me
Art and Sound is the most perfect part of this show, good job for someone who made OST for this show.

Bad thing for this show is, slow early episode(people that didn't like adventure genre might drop it too early) and take to long time to get into the real feeling of this show.

I'll give it at 9.4/10
Sep 29, 2017 10:58 AM

Dec 2015
Don't have to say anything. Already saw everyone praising it and calling it as "Best anime of Season"

9/10
Sep 29, 2017 11:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great show. Really good watch
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 29, 2017 11:22 AM

Jun 2017
Demon1Ce said:
Kaze_Kitsune said:

I see the reason behind this, because you doesn't really care about the character(so you won't feel anything if something bad happen to them) because this is the most important part to make you can enjoy this kind of show.

Maybe because Made in Abyss doesn't make you love character that much, or you're not into this genre(drama, adventure), or you don't like child character or you're looking for some good action show(assuming you have OPM as favorite anime, sorry if i get you wrong)

I don't mind you for this

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head, really. Made in Abyss is a show about the characters and I just didn't care about them at all.

I never found Riko to be more than an annoying child who disregarded what more intelligent people told her and got into trouble because of it. Reg might as well have been an inanimate object, for all I was concerned.

That one episode where the whole thing was about Reg trying to save Riko when she got poisoned.... it was supposed to be suspenseful and full of drama and feelings. But, for me, it wasn't. Because the show never made me care about the characters.

The same thing with Mitty in this finale. I never had a reason to care about this blob monster, and the brief flashback at the beginning of the episode certainly wasn't enough.

I'm glad that there are some people on this site with different opinions who are willing to engage civilly and understand one another.
Sep 29, 2017 11:23 AM

Sep 2011
This was so good. And sad, omg was it sad :(
I had my eye on it ever since they first announced the anime, and I'm glad I watched it almost week by week, even though I usually don't do this.

Some of the recent anime and games made me realize how much I love these types of worlds, where you find lost or hidden civilizations, or ruins of a previous world full of mysteries. Dark Souls had places like this, and so did Salt & Sanctuary, but the one that made me realize it fully was Hollow Knight, which was pretty much built around this very idea, with some amazing environments and mysteries. I advise people who like these kind of settings to play that game. It's worth it.

So, since Made in Abyss was about similar things, I really liked it even in the beginning when there were only small hints of a grand mystery and plot. Just seeing the map of the Abyss amazed me about what's to come. The smaller and bigger twists, and now the last few episodes just strengthened this feeling even more. I'm quite sure I'll start reading the manga right away, perhaps even from the very beginning.

The art style is just glorious of course, though I sometimes liked and sometimes didn't like the character designs, but I never really had any actual problems with it. The opening and the OST were just as good as the art style, so I'll be sure to listen to the whole thing again.

All in all, I would give it a 9.5/10, rounding it to 9/10.
RazielZeroSep 29, 2017 11:26 AM
Sep 29, 2017 11:24 AM

Jul 2008
The music, setting, and characters were all great and I hope it gets a sequel.

Anime of the season for me.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

234 by p1f1 »»
Apr 16, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Are the movies cannon…?

Skylar-whoo - Apr 15

21 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 15, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 24, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

EasyGo-er - Sep 8, 2017

607 by MhmoudAlAbbas »»
Mar 24, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ZuzuMiBachi - Sep 15, 2017

218 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 24, 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.