Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 6, 2020 1:27 AM
Nov 2015
become flying fortress with huge turtle fly around and using acid rain to any innocent mobs cries for mercy.

LMAO
Feb 6, 2020 2:38 AM

Sep 2016
NWO is so unbalanced lmao, imagine this game releasing in the real world. People would keep on raging lmao
Feb 6, 2020 3:04 AM

Oct 2007
CeddyyBearr said:
Kasumi is the new girl that got introduced last episode. She seems nice, forced to work together after falling into that sandpit dungeon. Those chains caused some really funny scenes. Their teamwork is pretty good too. They are friends now, how nice!!

So their next boss is a huge octopus! Poison the water... I mean it's very cheap to defeat it like that, but it's so like Maple and that's why I love it XD Even the developers don't give a fuck anymore..

Oh my lord, Sally is scary when she gets into PVP, now we know we have 2 monsters in this game XD She annihilated all those players without a sweat!!

Syrup becomes a Paratroopa... Also Maple is getting all kinds of nicknames now, Flying Fortress. Sally needs one too though!

Eventho a lot happened this episode, it was a blast!

Kasumi is lucky to meet two good friends. Would be nice if she starts partying with them from now on. :)

That second girl that Sally took down was cut in the hands, legs, and body. I mean just cutting the body should take down people already, but Sally cut the hands and legs too. brutal @_@
Liddo-kunFeb 6, 2020 3:09 AM
Feb 6, 2020 3:43 AM

Dec 2018
My angels meet another lesbian got stuck together and have a adventure!! Got some new friends and medals!! Love to see how Sally clings on to her girlfriend Maple for safety!! You love her dont you honey!!! You two should so some lesbian kissing!!,,YEEEEEES!!

Then my girl start to fly around on the giant turtle,, eeeehh ok? And laughing loudly!! While she brutally torture burned and slaughter those poor innocent and defenceless desert creatures!!!,,Awww Sweetheart!!! Im so glad to see when my adorable precious lesbian princess having so much fun by inflicting great harm and suffering on others!! You are the cutest pumpkin!!!

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 6, 2020 8:00 AM
Feb 6, 2020 4:30 AM

Oct 2007
ghosts are kryptonite for Sally. Funny on another scene where Maple just looks casually at the glowing skull, while Sally is scared to death being chased. :p
Feb 6, 2020 5:35 AM
Feb 2020
has anyone know soundtrack name or singer name? I really like it.

I try to search but found nothing
Feb 6, 2020 6:26 AM

Apr 2012
MehmetY said:
Does anyone know who composed the soundtracks?

According to Wikipedia, this is Taro Matsuda. I don’t know how he relates to Matsuda Toshio, who wrote the soundtrack to many of the popular 00s shows.
Feb 6, 2020 7:10 AM

Mar 2010
Man, that boss fight is underwhelming. Classic Maple haha.

Still fun episodes though, new characters is great!
Feb 6, 2020 8:01 AM

Oct 2018
this has a dan machi vibe... btw in this anime they take game too seriously :]

and how the hell maple is so powerful?!
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 6, 2020 3:01 PM

Dec 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Ok time for additional facts that the anime skipped.

Maple got 2 skills, because she had that gold coin. So she did get Fortress which multiplies her vit by 1.5

I am extremely surprised with how popular this show has become. I did not expect it to blow up and consistently have so many people discussing it on reddit and MAL. I mean it's a decent VRMMORPG and a cute cast, but nothing really revolutionary or major where I'd expect to see this much discussion on it. But hats off to the studio for doing a good job with it.

From what I understand she didn't get Fortress, she used 1 skill to give her tortoise ability to go big and second was Psychokinesis. Fortress got some random player and rest assumed that she also got it. especially since Total Defense is much better skill

And about popularity I think main reason (without counting overall good quality) is the way they showing how fun playing in video games can be.
In series like SAO or Infinite Danganronpa they are adding some "artificial" threats (SAO: "If You Die You Die" and ID: "If He Dies He Dies") to make anime more serious, and then there is BOFURI who simpli is saying that "playing in games is fun so we will show this fun", and personally I'm tired of "git gud" mentality that many players have.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 6, 2020 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Normally the way Maple killed that squid would be considered demonic, but Maple is too stupid to be considered demonic. At least she finally got transportation.
Feb 6, 2020 3:21 PM

Feb 2019
Nieznajomy43 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Ok time for additional facts that the anime skipped.

Maple got 2 skills, because she had that gold coin. So she did get Fortress which multiplies her vit by 1.5

I am extremely surprised with how popular this show has become. I did not expect it to blow up and consistently have so many people discussing it on reddit and MAL. I mean it's a decent VRMMORPG and a cute cast, but nothing really revolutionary or major where I'd expect to see this much discussion on it. But hats off to the studio for doing a good job with it.

From what I understand she didn't get Fortress, she used 1 skill to give her tortoise ability to go big and second was Psychokinesis. Fortress got some random player and rest assumed that she also got it. especially since Total Defense is much better skill

And about popularity I think main reason (without counting overall good quality) is the way they showing how fun playing in video games can be.
In series like SAO or Infinite Danganronpa they are adding some "artificial" threats (SAO: "If You Die You Die" and ID: "If He Dies He Dies") to make anime more serious, and then there is BOFURI who simpli is saying that "playing in games is fun so we will show this fun", and personally I'm tired of "git gud" mentality that many players have.

Dude what? Why would I say the anime skipped it if she didn’t get it lol.
Feb 6, 2020 5:15 PM

Dec 2018
Maple>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kirito>Naofumi
Feb 6, 2020 7:44 PM

Nov 2017
maple the flying fortress... and acid rain was everywhere...

it just a game with wierd balance
Now Loading.....
Feb 6, 2020 8:06 PM
Jan 2016
Finally Kasumi!!!! I fell in love with her the second I saw her in the opening (ToT). I hope people start making lots of art of here since she finally debuted :)))))
Feb 6, 2020 9:10 PM
Jan 2020
Uh... you know what? I'm just going to give up on the story and enjoy the animation. Don't think, just watch. The moment you think, you lose.
Feb 6, 2020 10:53 PM

Nov 2009
Sally is afraid of ghosts, but she's not afraid of killing people, lol.

Also, Maple defeating "Sea King" isn't that big of a deal... It's not like no one else has a skill to beat the boss indirectly... such as... electrify the water? (which I am sure it's a very common skill)

And looks like Sally has become the serial killer... LOL

Well... looks like Maple decide to get a weird skill that she just wants to have fun with. (I wonder if she could fly faster? or just with the slow moving speed she showed while riding the turtle...) (cause if it allowed her to fly fast... it pretty much nullifies her default slow moving speed due to going all VIT)

Tho I wonder what other skills they could pick from... I wanted to see what sort of combo you could make with Defense to be even more OP, LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 7, 2020 2:55 AM

Apr 2014
Another funny episode. Maple will basically own the game if this keeps up. XD
Feb 7, 2020 6:49 AM

Oct 2008
Acid Rain!? oh poor those creeps in the game! Maple so Savage!
Kasumi & Sally who could use Chou-kasoku (super speed) are par with each other! nice!
5/5.

Feb 7, 2020 7:00 AM

Aug 2015
I'm always having such a good time with this anime.
Maple showing her big brains and poisoning the whole sea was something else hahaha, it was funny seeing the boss HP bar just going all the way down like that XD

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Feb 7, 2020 7:17 AM

Dec 2016
Marinate1016 said:

Dude what? Why would I say the anime skipped it if she didn’t get it lol.

LOL... Sorry, somehow I completely blacked out this part. xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 7, 2020 7:53 AM

Oct 2013
Well I'm tired of the show's concept already, dropped.
Feb 7, 2020 11:27 AM

Sep 2016
Fede_5000 said:
Maple>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kirito>Naofumi

In chadness, for sure.
bruh
Feb 7, 2020 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
That pink big titties samurai girl voiced by Hayami tho! God damn hot!
Maple as adorable as always, and Sally is into PvP too much, noticed that whenever there's another character in the area outside Maple she gets hostile af. Happened with the red armor shield dude too when they weren't even hiding their presence lol.
Feb 7, 2020 1:12 PM

Apr 2013
the whole flying turtle business made me laugh for 2 minutes straight, that was a good one.
Feb 7, 2020 2:39 PM

Mar 2008
The chats at the end of these episodes are everything.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Feb 7, 2020 3:54 PM

Oct 2007
-Stray said:
That pink big titties samurai girl voiced by Hayami tho! God damn hot!
Maple as adorable as always, and Sally is into PvP too much, noticed that whenever there's another character in the area outside Maple she gets hostile af. Happened with the red armor shield dude too when they weren't even hiding their presence lol.

Sally aggression towards others is reasonable, pvp mode is active in the area. Anyone who is not in their party might want take their medals. The only time Sally is not very aggressive is against the weak girl playing a board game with Maple. :p
Feb 8, 2020 6:00 PM

Nov 2012
Sally did all that work and didn't get half the coins? I hope they just haven't shown what she got yet. Her new name should be Flying Fortress Maple, the Enviro Disaster.
Feb 8, 2020 8:23 PM
Dec 2019
Sally could literally fly last episode and now she can't "leap" high enough. This show has some inconsistencies that bother me. It tries to be funny and serious at the same time, and fails horribly at doing either. It has a of cuteness, but that gets annoying quickly as it forces cuteness much like it forces a comedic or serious tones. And another thing, it's use of colors can be displeasing to the eye. It might have been fine when Maple and Sally had that galaxy dinner, however they continue to use that colorful chrome color and it disgusts me. This show is average. I might drop it, however there is a couple things keeping me watching.
Feb 8, 2020 11:14 PM

Nov 2009
Zefyris said:
the whole flying turtle business made me laugh for 2 minutes straight, that was a good one.

TBH, the flying turtles reminded me of the Flying Turtles from Love Hina... (old manga/anime)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 10, 2020 11:41 AM

Aug 2016
of course, the only thing better than a turtle is a giant, floating turtle
Feb 10, 2020 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
To many montages but then again it would not be fun to see grinding every episode. But damn love seeing maple get OP

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 13, 2020 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
I was really expecting some betrayal, either from this new girl or the girl from the beach.

Damn, Sally went full berserk on everyone xD Gotta love the devs and other players interactions haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 13, 2020 8:25 PM

Aug 2018
Finally!!

Big titty samurai girl is here!!
I hope she will become part of the gang and see her fighting skills in future episodes.

I love Maple and Sally but Kasumi is ma best girl in this series.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 18, 2020 9:34 PM

Nov 2019
5/5 Episode
So much amazing things happened this episode
LMFAOOOOOO THIS MC REALLY MADE HER TURTLE HUGE AND GAVE IT THE ABILITY TO FLY
I love it
and her fast lil partner is a beast she really raped that one hut of people
Feb 19, 2020 11:50 AM

May 2011
Maple fully established her character as a chaotic good this episode, natural airhead with a little bit of evil is just too big of a damage. The scene where she rained acid upon screaming little creatures at the desert was too funny to watch!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 19, 2020 2:37 PM
Feb 2018
Loved the episode Maple so sweet if she hadn't maxed defense she would have never survived the first event. Sally a PVP queen and I believe that red hair player (Kanade) is voiced by Brittany Karbowski?
Feb 19, 2020 2:39 PM
Feb 2018
Kiev said:
Maple fully established her character as a chaotic good this episode, natural airhead with a little bit of evil is just too big of a damage. The scene where she rained acid upon screaming little creatures at the desert was too funny to watch!
I wonder if the GM saw that they already freaking out over her beating the sea king.
Feb 19, 2020 2:41 PM
Feb 2018
I would have like to seen a scene where the GMs talk about the new skill Maple exchanged her medals for
Feb 19, 2020 8:02 PM

Feb 2019
A giant flying turtle, and Maple raining acid over everyone from it? This just got better.
Feb 20, 2020 11:29 PM

Sep 2016
A giant flying turtle.
How can I not have this creativity.
Feb 21, 2020 4:28 PM

Feb 2018
Give me more Kasumi xD...
Feb 22, 2020 8:16 PM

Mar 2017
Squid in ocean, how to defeat?

Normal person: harpoons

Maple: poison the ocean

That is a damn Yugioh move level bullshit that I love!

Devs continue to be fucked
Feb 26, 2020 7:59 AM

Nov 2017
I like sally in serious-mode.

plz @ me
Feb 26, 2020 10:35 PM
Dec 2015
Ashhk said:
Now she can fly with her giant turtle in the sky xD it was worth the 20 medals

Yup and the funny part was the admins was trying to stop her from combining skill in weird ways, yet failed in the process. Lmao. Pointless Admins, but keep at it, maybe you'll break the game worst than Maple did in the end by trying to nerf her.

This is why I said the Admins are fools for trying to stop her. Every time they try they only introduce a new way for her to get stronger... they should give up already.
Mar 2, 2020 5:24 PM

Oct 2010
I would want a flying turtle companion. Maple looking like a mage now with all those combined
Mar 7, 2020 4:02 AM

Apr 2014
Now that the devs (?) are characters, I think this anime is actually a lesson in the folly of building a physics-based magic system in a multiplayer game
Mar 18, 2020 9:29 AM

Sep 2014
Devs: Create weirdest skills and dont limit how they interact. Also for some reason you give someone poison dragon skills.
Also devs: What someone used the skills?
Thats .. realistic as fuck.

Though even then that "Maple and friend OP everyone else too dumb to skill" is a bit boring. She is supposed to be kinda low level and her skill combination pushes her up to mid level or something. That shouldnt make her OP. everyone just straight up sucks at this game.

A tank build focusing on tanking: Unheard of
Evasion agility build focusing on evasion: HOW DARE YOU

Imagine spending money on a full dive MMORPG game developing realistic graphics and physics and anything but you forget about balancing.

PS: Full dive VR and turning 2h into a full week. Lmao. That would be stupid as fuck.
Comander-07Mar 18, 2020 9:33 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 4, 2020 9:05 PM
Oct 2017
Waiting on this to become good or even be consistently funny but nothing yet. Standard dumb protagonist spiel.
Jun 8, 2020 7:13 PM

May 2013
Thank goodness Kasumi had enough medals already and didn't jump em last minute :3 I want her to actually be nice x'D she should join the party, heh ;P
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

141 by antigraviton »»
Sep 6, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

283 by Slimdudejim »»
Aug 4, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2020

109 by Neo_Zero_X »»
Jul 21, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2020

159 by Neo_Zero_X »»
Jul 20, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

118 by Gvendoline »»
Jul 9, 5:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.