Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 28, 2017 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
The only real issue I have is that there is someone with a username too similar to mine. Every time I read @fedos I think I'm seeing my name. LOL
Mar 28, 2017 4:46 PM

Jul 2012
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
jaxter0987 said:
Her boobs and ass were totally the reasons he was drawn to her. Totally. It definitely wasn't the fact that she looked like his mother, no not at all...

"He just loves me for my body"
Seriously? She's had countless men like that coiled around her fingers before. Its that he loves her unconditionally and without regard to what she's done in the past / what she "threatens" to do in the future, that causes her to fall in love with him.

There's a big contradiction in what you say, didn't you notice? You say he doesn't love her only for her appearance and then you said he loves her unconditionally because Akane looks like his mother. It's a fact his "love" is so unconditional and superficial that he doesn't care about her personality, he doesn't even know yet how she truly is and how boring she thinks he is.
Thats certainly one way to look at it. Akane looking like his mother was certainly the reason he was initially drawn to her, but I'd like to think that there had to be more to it than that, especially after having dated for 3 months.

Will have to concede that the character needed more exposition. I was fully expecting him to be full on scum too, since there were hints that he was romantically attracted to Hanabi but was suppressing it. There's also the issue with his mother too and that was unexplored.
Mar 28, 2017 8:47 PM
Jun 2015
I think this should be renamed sluts wish. The chance of a self-proclaimed happy cuck to save the man-eater slut is as unbelievable as every women gets a prince. Sensei is not human by any stretch and Akane is a sociopath that nobody would put a a ring on the finger knowing her past.
Mar 29, 2017 10:04 AM
Apr 2009
The night at the inn was well executed. The soundtrack and art turned out great ! I was waiting to see how they would tackle this scene after reading it in the manga.
Mar 29, 2017 10:20 AM
Apr 2014
I hear people saying: That Akane bitch is getting a happy ending??!?
People, just think about it. Kanai is just head over heels for Akane and he would accept her the way she is because he's FINALLY able to have her. Love is really blind you know.
Mar 29, 2017 1:17 PM

Jul 2016
Somehow I liked what happened in this episode, but I cannot really find the words to explain why this is...
Throughout the series I have spent so much time hating the living shit out of Akane, that now it somehow feels strange to see her in quite a likeable role... I also felt really sympathetic for Mugi (whom I had started disliking from the point where he decided to ignore the growing feelings for Yasuraoka) At such a young age it might be very hard to be rejected in such a way, by an older person. It might put his head right back where it belongs though... I hope that EP 12 will see some developement between him and Yasuraoka, back to a state where they can at least go back to the state of being surrogates for each others' ideal image of a partner... I couldn't stand it if Yasuraoka was the only one to have lost in the end (I mean she lost Mugi as her love substitute, she lost Ecchan as a friend and she lost Kanai, who was her first true love...) Her not gaining anything that at least resembles hope would be really ungrateful...
Mar 30, 2017 4:52 AM

Mar 2009
I'm glad an upstanding individual like Akane is getting a happy ending. Perhaps she'll continue her noble pursuit of provoking and bullying teenage girls, like she did with Hanabi.
Mar 30, 2017 6:35 AM

Feb 2016
I really don't know if I like this show, or not; if I think it's good, or bad

Sometimes I hate the characters but some others they're likeable, like Akane this episode

This will be very hard to score lol
Mar 30, 2017 8:21 AM

Apr 2010
Sensei is growing up being able to respond to onii-san's feeling like that.
Now it just seems Mugi still needs to make up his mind about Hanabi, or better said he needs to realise his feelings.
Guess next episode will be interesting.
Mar 30, 2017 4:15 PM

Oct 2012
Still don't see any reason why she was encharmed only by the brother and noone before as he's pretty much noone special and his acceptance with her cheating is a lie that would lead to jealousy later on when his love vanes out.

But guess he was persistant enough, to the point he actually made her care in her own way. Maybe she met noone like that before as everyone just wanted her body. Maybe she needed somone ordinary, dreamer and idealist of his own?
I really can't like the brother but I simply have to love Akane's character, she has feelings hard to understand but she's still pretty real woman. And I certainly met few girls that were a lot like her.

Well, I wonder how this ends now, we already got one happy ending and I don't think Mugi actually deserves Hanabi at this point.. she would be just another substitute now and he never really loved her. But maybe she has a different opinion?
Still, no matter what, it doesn't clicks well with me if that's what's gonna happen. Or maybe it could but the next episode would have to be extremly good-written for this to work.
Mar 30, 2017 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
The direction it went in is both unsurprising and surprising. Almost too good to be true.
Mar 30, 2017 11:47 PM

Oct 2015
One word that explains the Male Main Characters?
Cuck.
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Mar 31, 2017 1:46 AM

May 2016
Well not a lot of people can change other but surprisingly he did, I know Akane was a slut she said it her self but there is always someplace left for a change of a heart, words are really effective this anime truly shows that, and that is why I still watch it.
Mar 31, 2017 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
Akane is changing already, it's clear, Kanai will make her happy for sure.
Mar 31, 2017 1:20 PM

May 2012
Oh wow this sure turned out completely different than what I expected, and with one more episode remaining I really do wonder what the ending will have to offer!
Apr 1, 2017 11:04 PM
Apr 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
I finally found it, It's a very simple lesson, something a lot of people find it hard to accept but it is possible, "People can change." No matter who you are, you can change be it through your own will (Hanabi) or with the help of others. (Akane) This right here is in my opinion the moral of this story.

^^Beautifully said.
Apr 3, 2017 1:15 PM

Jun 2015
What the fuck was that?
Even if I swallow the fact that Kanai is perfectly fine with his girl hopping on every dick available:
So all it took was for somebody to say he's okay with you being a slut to make you a good person?
Marriage just because?
I loved you when you were a whore but now I don't?
A grown man behaving like a 13 year old virgin around a girl he already fucked?
Oh, hey, Hanabi, remember when this show was about you?
What a disappointment.
Apr 3, 2017 5:45 PM
Nov 2016
I can't believe Akane made me feel for her a little in this episode. ^^;
Apr 5, 2017 8:05 PM

May 2013
As much as I hate bitch Akane, I admit I was a little happy for her when she got all flustered and thrown off her "game" with Kanai-sensei :3 I'm glad he changed her, but lol "I'll always cheat on you" lolololol smhhhhhhh.

Hanabi best girl <3 and Ecchan too haha.
Apr 8, 2017 7:24 PM

Feb 2013
What a beautiful, romantic episode. Happy end for Akane. (unless the final episode changes that)
Quite unexpected.
Apr 9, 2017 2:47 AM

Sep 2011
I don't care what yall all say, but that was one of the greatest single episodes Ive ever seen!

Totally unrealistic, but played out exactly the way I wanted it to in my head.

Freaking incredible.
Apr 9, 2017 3:19 AM

Jan 2014
so Akane x Mugi and Kanai x Hanabi never been planned since the beginning after all, the writer still stick to the title.

this episode tells everything what happened in our world.
a relationship between a teacher and student, or someone much older and a highschool student wouldn't going to end well.

people like Kanai is the one who made me think, why he did that, you're only live once, why you choose her when you have someone loves you and still pure, and why choose her when she's slut and going to cheat on you all the time. oh yeah i forgot, it's because Akane is the most beautiful character in here, I admit it, I envy those people who get to sleep with her, even it's just only in anime/manga. thats a plus. but she's a slut and has a twist personalities, thats a minus, why? it's because there will be no perfect character in this series.

even though I ship Mugi x Akane, Mugi still the winner in this show because he get to fuck Akane so much that time. I think that's worth for all the time they've together, even if he didn't end up with her.

now I'm curious about Hanabi, but it looks like I can predict there will be Mugi x Hanabi in the last episode.
Apr 9, 2017 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
this anime started semi-realistic but now it's just a mess. i enjoyed some aspects of it and i do admire that this anime tried to do something new but i think it ended up a flop
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2017 4:43 AM

Jul 2014
Okay... I guess Kanai isn't as normal as I pegged him to be this entire time. lol I mean, he's still the most normal out of the rest for sure but still.. I didn't expect him to propose marriage or to actually be okay with Akane's hobby(wtf?).

I still stand by with what I said before though.. this series is seriously messed up and in a lot of ways, but it definitely makes for an interesting story. I've been so over seeing overly shy girls who can't even talk straight to guys and guys who can't even speak out their feelings. So seeing all this is refreshing, even if its messed up. lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 11, 2017 4:40 AM

Dec 2012
"The stars, the flowers. All the beautiful things in the world exist to be compared to you."

This was a truly moving episode. One of the best. Who could have imagined a cuck would be MVP? I loved the imagery in this episode with the flashback to being with his mother as well as when it shows him embrace the younger Akane. A very powerful contrast between seeing Akane being extremely slutty and conniving to fidgety and nervous like a maiden falling in love for the first time. The great irony is that even though Kanai's love is unconditional, she can't help but want to change and stop seeing other guys.

That ending definitely got me the most though. "I won't forget you."
Apr 11, 2017 5:02 AM

Apr 2014
I'm glad to see Akane changed, at least for a little bit.
Apr 13, 2017 1:04 AM

Feb 2010
This episode saved this anime.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 20, 2017 1:04 AM

Apr 2015
I'm up to date with the manga so this didn't surprise me alot but I'm still kinda happy for Akane even tho she is a bitch.

Like others already said: GG Mugi ez game.
Apr 23, 2017 9:14 PM

Feb 2015
Well Narumi, that is one of the worst decisions that you could do. They both are in two different levels but that's what he decided, let's hope he could endure Akane's cute hobby.
Apr 25, 2017 3:46 PM

Jul 2011
Akane was pretty much broken and empty inside, I'm glad for her to get married. There is still one who needs help...

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 26, 2017 7:41 PM

May 2013
How great, an unhealthy oedipus complex coming to light on the most bland relationship of the last decade. They are a good balance, though, a cuck and a huge slut are meant to be together.
Jun 1, 2017 4:21 AM

Mar 2015
So the nice guy wins in the end? Doubt Akane would be able to change her ways just like that, but it seems Kanai has all the time and patience in the world for her

Mugi is definitely gonna rebound on poor lil Hana now!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 20, 2017 12:09 AM
Jan 2016
Well I never thought I could love Kuzu no Honkai more
I loved every single moment in this episode except that Kanai was okay with the fact that Akane will continue cheating on him LIKE WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS HOW CAN YOU BE THIS STUPID ???????
Akane's changing is so amazing. I loved her character development. Akane needed someone to accept her the way she is and Kanai did that. He loved her for who she is and not for her body and even knowing her true self he still wants and that what made Akane change
I loved the last scene of Akane and Mugi. Mugi realized that Akane changed and he wasn't the one that he changed her. He couldn't because he loved her the way she was before she changed like the other man did and that's why she couldn't change. They loved her for her body and not for herself. Or Kanai loved her for herself and that's why he was able to change her.
The way Akane handled the date with Mugi shows that she is done with her past and that she is prepared for her new life.
One more episode to go
I hope that Hanabi and Mugi won't end up together. It will be better that way for the story to end.
Aug 22, 2017 6:42 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
The teacher finally changed! And should we say Mugi you are a masochist? XD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 9, 2017 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Basically, Kanai is a cuck?
Like, fine, I understand that he can still love a slut, that's all fine and dandy. But to say, "You can still sleep with other men, that doesn't bother me at all." That's fucking pathetic.
Akane better not cheat on him, even though he is somehow okay with infidelity. But if she could stay monogamous, then damn, that is strong character development right there.

And it seems like she can indeed stay loyal to Kanai; nothing happened between her and Mugi. She showed Mugi that she's a changed woman. I hope she stays that way.

Only one episode left...

EliseZoghbi34 said:
I hope that Hanabi and Mugi won't end up together. It will be better that way for the story to end.

I completely disagree. Hanabi and Mugi ending up together is the ONLY way that this will have a good ending. Otherwise, it was all for naught.
Well, not necessarily "all for naught", but it will feel like a huge kick in the balls if, after all this, they don't end up together.
removed-userOct 9, 2017 5:13 PM
Dec 21, 2017 1:36 PM

May 2015
Wow, how to change a women? Force wedding. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 25, 2018 11:37 AM
Jun 2017
Why.. is this have to be this perfect.... ah, and where's hanabi?
Jan 25, 2018 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
so Narumi loves Akame because he got mother complex? he is very lame, probably the lamest character in anime and he dumped Hanabi :/ I can understand forgiving a betrayal, but being ok with getting betrayed every day? Either Akame is just replacement of his mother or he is the most twisted character of this anime and Akame still got long way to become normal also but at least she has a chance thx to him...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 9, 2018 4:26 PM
Feb 2018
Wow. Akane san is so cute in this episode. And I'm very happy that she's starting to change.
Apr 9, 2018 4:33 PM
Feb 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Well I really don't know about everyone else but I think this was honestly one of the best episode's of the series.

Kanai might have his reasons for loving Akane but whatever they were, be it his lingering emotions for his Mom's death or whatever, his unconditional love and acceptance of Akane's habits succeeded in instilling hope in a person as broken and twisted as Akane. His acceptance gives her courage to try and become a better person, it gives her a more positive outlook on life as she accepts the marriage proposal and that in itself is something beautiful. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't smiling throughout this whole ordeal. Whether Akane deserves him or if Kanai is naive here is not the point at all in my opinion.

Throughout this whole series, I've been trying to figure out what is it the author was trying to convey through this messed up story of broken people. I couldn't figure out what it was I was supposed to take away from a story like this, was it just guilty pleasure? I finally found it, It's a very simple lesson, something a lot of people find it hard to accept but it is possible, "People can change." No matter who you are, you can change be it through your own will (Hanabi) or with the help of others. (Akane) This right here is in my opinion the moral of this story.

I completely agree. Sure Akane might be a bad person but that doesn't mean that she can change for the better.

Maybe it's my inner christian but I do believe in forgiveness and repentance for one's sins.
Sep 14, 2018 12:44 AM
Feb 2016
I don't think people here know (or enjoy) much about alternative lifestyles... relationships like Akane's and Kanai's are not as rare as you think, and can be very happy.

I don't think Kanai loved Akane simply because she looked like her mother. It seemed to me that sequence was meant to show that the base of his idea of love was caring (like a mother). He cares for Akane. Why does he? Well, if you could swallow that Mikiya fell in love with Shiki in 'The Garden of Sinners' just because he saw her once one day, then you certainly can believe the same for Kanai.

Mugi's heartbreak was really deeply felt. He understood himself better: he wanted to be Akane's savior. But he was not what could save Akane. Kanai was. (Speaking of the Garden of Sinners, remember the scene in which Tomoe Enjo says to Mikiya that 'he was better for Shiki anyway'? Doesn't it parallel the situation between Kanai and Mugi?) Sometimes we have to accept the fact that we just can't be the ones who will save/change someone else. We are who we are.

A very, very beautiful episode.
Apr 8, 2019 9:55 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
A man's happy day is another man's terrible nightmare, life has always been like this, the only thing left to do is to move on.
I stopped caring what happened to every ship somewhere midway the run, so anything that's being realized doesn't affect me at all anymore, does she was to end up with Kanai? Fine, I always had expectancies on how bad this might turn out, but if the final episode can manage to divert my current view of the show, I'll call it a miracle.
May 10, 2019 1:36 PM
May 2010
Justice_Rocks said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Well I really don't know about everyone else but I think this was honestly one of the best episode's of the series.

Kanai might have his reasons for loving Akane but whatever they were, be it his lingering emotions for his Mom's death or whatever, his unconditional love and acceptance of Akane's habits succeeded in instilling hope in a person as broken and twisted as Akane. His acceptance gives her courage to try and become a better person, it gives her a more positive outlook on life as she accepts the marriage proposal and that in itself is something beautiful. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't smiling throughout this whole ordeal. Whether Akane deserves him or if Kanai is naive here is not the point at all in my opinion.

Throughout this whole series, I've been trying to figure out what is it the author was trying to convey through this messed up story of broken people. I couldn't figure out what it was I was supposed to take away from a story like this, was it just guilty pleasure? I finally found it, It's a very simple lesson, something a lot of people find it hard to accept but it is possible, "People can change." No matter who you are, you can change be it through your own will (Hanabi) or with the help of others. (Akane) This right here is in my opinion the moral of this story.

This theory only works if it's a likable characters. It works in A Few Good Men or Up because we like the main characters.

Let me tell you why it doesn't work here; Because none of the characters work in this series. None are likable, and none of them are truly believable.

Kaffee in A Few Good Men was believable, The Old Guy in Up was believable. Neither Mugi, nor Hanabi, nor Kanai nor Akane are believable characters.

That doesn't make any sense. It only works if they are likable? Most people in real life are unlikable. I like that the anime dares to show a bunch of scums whom nobody could possibly like finding each other and struggle through their faults. It's a shame most anime just pander to whatever the mass numbing majority likes.
May 30, 2019 10:53 PM

Jun 2012
This Narumi guy is a cuck, his character has no depth.
Oct 13, 2019 10:23 AM

Oct 2013
: The Episode

serious... wtf. Is this the story's attempt at realism? Character motivations that make no got dang sense anymore? That's legitimate; most people don't really understand what they're doing or why, but is that really the point to this?

Now that Akane, fuck Akane, has found salvation with Big Brother, wherein she can live happily ever as a hot wife manipulating children and students to sexual deviancy purely to spite other women, can my boy Mugi just go live happily ever after with Hanabi now. please?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 6, 2020 7:19 AM

Oct 2013
Whut, Kanai just proposed to Akane?! It's that type of cuckoldness I rarely see, lmao. xD
Clip related. It's my reaction when I heard his declaration:
Jan 5, 2021 6:56 PM

Jan 2018
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Who would've thought a force wedding gonna change a slut?
Mar 13, 2021 5:15 AM
Aug 2020
This show helped me to understand why shows like Domestic Girlfriend have so many fans, this stuff is hilarious!
May 31, 2021 6:20 AM

Aug 2017
just when I was hoping last episode that he won't turn into a complete cuck and ask her to marry him, he did it, the madlad did it. congrats lol. he's a good guy but also stupid and naive. mugi finally realized that he ain't shit.

as much as I was laughing, this episode was also emotional, I really liked the soundtracks used, they certainly put you in the mood. guess I'm fine with the teacher couple getting a "happy" ending(she can keep fking whomever she wants and he gets to keep her).

i like the show so far, it's hilarious but also realistic in the sense that these things happen which is sad.
Mar 7, 2022 10:04 PM

Jul 2021
Lol watch Akane become a manizer when being married.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

158 by bakakisima »»
Sep 13, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

160 by bakakisima »»
Sep 13, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

212 by bakakisima »»
Sep 12, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

178 by bakakisima »»
Sep 12, 6:48 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

234 by bakakisima »»
Sep 8, 8:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.