Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2017 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This series sure likes to focus a lot on Akane. This time, we got more screen time of Narumi too.

I'm not surprised that Akane tried to seduce him. I think she was trying to get him drunk too. Narumi being honest with Akane surprised her though. Though this episode had a decent feel of realism to and relationship building.

Akane also shows a more charming side to Narumi.
Mar 23, 2017 9:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Cannot wait to see the anime only reactions to what happened between Narumi and Bitch-Akane xD
Mar 23, 2017 11:06 AM
Mar 2015
And this is where I lost my shit and felt like throwing up.

I mean seriously, what the hell knda person would build up to something, do something like this just to do a 180 with your antagonist.

This basically sums up my feelings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPT7Ab-xoQo

Well done you hack of a writer, you just played yourself.
Mar 23, 2017 12:40 PM

Jan 2009
And THIS was the moment when I nearly toppled over my chair backwards, laughing :)

Oh, I'm just waiting for the rage of the masses, incoming.
Mar 23, 2017 12:46 PM
Mar 2015
Mentar said:
And THIS was the moment when I nearly toppled over my chair backwards, laughing :)

Oh, I'm just waiting for the rage of the masses, incoming.

Yeah and what's wrong with that?
Mar 23, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
Nothing. Please don't get me wrong - I can understand and I respect anyone losing his lunch over this. I'm not laughing about you, but rather at the balls of the author to push this through.

Why? Because I've seen it time and time again in my life (47 years by now). Physically attractive people with a high confidence and fairly high intelligence are forgiven EVERYTHING. Even if they totally make a hash out of former relationships, more people are always around to take the places of those who tried and failed before. That's how it is. But it is sooo counter-PC that next to no story dares to do this.

In addition, having the clumsy Narumi who absolutely doesn't care about Akane's "hobby" as long as he can be near her... it was so absurd that I couldn't stay serious.
Mar 23, 2017 1:16 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kanai is fucked up. I can't help though but to feel happy for him and Akane. He obviously got scarred by his mother's death and loves Akane cause she resembles her. And he lets everything play out just in order to see her happy (if it is with him or someone else, he doesn't care). It obviously changed her enough though to fall into his arms and care for him.

Mugi was too late. Akane just needed someone to accept her ''hobby'' and still love her unconditionally. GG Mugi.

It would be a very interesting conclusion if Hanabi and Mugi don't get together in the end.
Mar 23, 2017 1:23 PM
Mar 2015
Mentar said:
Nothing. Please don't get me wrong - I can understand and I respect anyone losing his lunch over this. I'm not laughing about you, but rather at the balls of the author to push this through.

Why? Because I've seen it time and time again in my life (47 years by now). Physically attractive people with a high confidence and fairly high intelligence are forgiven EVERYTHING. Even if they totally make a hash out of former relationships, more people are always around to take the places of those who tried and failed before. That's how it is. But it is sooo counter-PC that next to no story dares to do this.

In addition, having the clumsy Narumi who absolutely doesn't care about Akane's "hobby" as long as he can be near her... it was so absurd that I couldn't stay serious.

Agreed.

When i first read the manga chapter for this arc, I was in disbelief because it was happening. All I could think was how much Narumi is an moron/idiot/ slash blind ignorant slash stupid. If he was a real person, I would would punch him in the mouth and tell him he is making a mistake that will take years of his life, and it will end very badly.

This just goes to show you what's it's like growing up without wisdom and guidance.
Mar 23, 2017 1:38 PM

Feb 2016
Akane doesn't deserve someone as dedicated as Kanai.

that aside he might be doing a stupid decision, but I see it from other perspective... it sounds weird to be with a person that has sex with almost everyone, but maybe Kanai has something that might change her, so why not?

and next week is the conclusion, can't wait to see a lot of salty reviews of people who doesn't understand a shit or thinks that this anime is only about sex...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 23, 2017 1:40 PM

Dec 2014
Well I really don't know about everyone else but I think this was honestly one of the best episode's of the series.

Kanai might have his reasons for loving Akane but whatever they were, be it his lingering emotions for his Mom's death or whatever, his unconditional love and acceptance of Akane's habits succeeded in instilling hope in a person as broken and twisted as Akane. His acceptance gives her courage to try and become a better person, it gives her a more positive outlook on life as she accepts the marriage proposal and that in itself is something beautiful. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't smiling throughout this whole ordeal. Whether Akane deserves him or if Kanai is naive here is not the point at all in my opinion.

Throughout this whole series, I've been trying to figure out what is it the author was trying to convey through this messed up story of broken people. I couldn't figure out what it was I was supposed to take away from a story like this, was it just guilty pleasure? I finally found it, It's a very simple lesson, something a lot of people find it hard to accept but it is possible, "People can change." No matter who you are, you can change be it through your own will (Hanabi) or with the help of others. (Akane) This right here is in my opinion the moral of this story.
Mar 23, 2017 1:48 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
Well I really don't know about everyone else but I think this was honestly one of the best episode's of the series.

Kanai might have his reasons for loving Akane but whatever they were, be it his lingering emotions for his Mom's death or whatever, his unconditional love and acceptance of Akane's habits succeeded in instilling hope in a person as broken and twisted as Akane. His acceptance gives her courage to try and become a better person, it gives her a more positive outlook on life as she accepts the marriage proposal and that in itself is something beautiful. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't smiling throughout this whole ordeal. Whether Akane deserves him or if Kanai is naive here is not the point at all in my opinion.

Throughout this whole series, I've been trying to figure out what is it the author was trying to convey through this messed up story of broken people. I couldn't figure out what it was I was supposed to take away from a story like this, was it just guilty pleasure? I finally found it, It's a very simple lesson, something a lot of people find it hard to accept but it is possible, "People can change." No matter who you are, you can change be it through your own will (Hanabi) or with the help of others. (Akane) This right here is in my opinion the moral of this story.

It's basically two sociopaths finding each other and bond through each other's faults. I admired the direction this just took and it's also my favourite episode. This will look stupid and retarded for most casual people that didn't deal with people like that or just cannot relate. This goes against most people's norm.

I don't think i have seen an anime go for an approach like that like ever.
SmudyMar 23, 2017 2:05 PM
Mar 23, 2017 1:53 PM
Mar 2015
Lelouch0202 said:

This theory only works if it's a likable characters. It works in A Few Good Men or Up because we like the main characters.

Let me tell you why it doesn't work here; Because none of the characters work in this series. None are likable, and none of them are truly believable.

Kaffee in A Few Good Men was believable, The Old Guy in Up was believable. Neither Mugi, nor Hanabi, nor Kanai nor Akane are believable characters.
Mar 23, 2017 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
One of the best episodes of this anime even though it lacked Hanabi.
Kanai being dense and accepting as usual to a pretty hilarious point. But when it mattered things got rather serious and somewhat emotional.
I can't see how it is and for the antagonist to change. She is developing. Rather quick from a viewer's POV since she and Kanai lacked screen time but it was executed nicely despite all this.

I can honestly cheer for them. IRL I would tell Kanai that he is an idiot but if it helps her improve I don't see why not. As for Mugi, I feel he and Akane improved in their understanding of each other and themselves.
Now he's alone... Though I think the finale would be Hanabi and Mugi getting together. There isn't much else to do honestly.

Some of the messages seems a bit forced though because of the lack of time left. Also Kanai seem to like Akane due to resemblance to his mother. That is quite a middle finger up to Akane. She deserves it though. Pretty funny turn of events! Though I'm sure while that is how it started... he truly likes her by now so yea.

The complaints seem to be people wanting them to suffer(edgy!) and the people defending it is because they like the happy ending(Too fairy tale!)
I guess a better balance could of been achieved but I hardly find this bad.
The story is about horrible people developing to better people. I would rather see that than bunch of people being miserable and all suicide at the end.
The latter have nothing of value since it ended at where it started and that is a just an insult to people that stayed to watch it.
And having a more balanced ending while more realistic wouldn't really be about horrible people developing and more just how Mugi and Hanabi got together and move on.
That wouldn't be bad but wouldn't be how this anime is.
zcv45Mar 23, 2017 2:06 PM
Mar 23, 2017 1:59 PM
Nov 2016
Call it whatever. Unrealistic, screwed up, or in fact cynically realistic for the horrible but beautiful people to win.

But I like this. Even if simply that it screws with what was "supposed to happen". Akane was supposed to get "what she deserves". Kanai was supposed to have his heart broken, etc.

Instead we get a fairy tale where true love saves the monster (or a screwed up story of two people not right in the head take your pick) in the anime which I thought was going to be just a misery fest. It was also very romantic in the moment.
Mar 23, 2017 2:06 PM

Feb 2016
Idk why but that is my favorite episode so far though i enjoyed every episode.
Just gotta hope mugi and hanabi end up together together otherwise i will be slightly disappointed though not majorly.

Mar 23, 2017 2:07 PM

Dec 2014
Smudy said:
Lelouch0202 said:

It's basically two sociopaths finding each other and bond through each other's faults. I admired the direction this just took and it's also my favourite episode. This will look stupid and retarded for most casual people that didn't deal with people like that.

I don't think i have seen an anime go for an approach like that like ever.

I'm glad someone agrees. xD

Justice_Rocks said:

This theory only works if it's a likable characters. It works in A Few Good Men or Up because we like the main characters.

Let me tell you why it doesn't work here; Because none of the characters work in this series. None are likable, and none of them are truly believable.

Kaffee in A Few Good Men was believable, The Old Guy in Up was believable. Neither Mugi, nor Hanabi, nor Kanai nor Akane are believable characters.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me and I understand your point. I just prefer to think of it as when people as 'unbelievable' as you quote are capable of changing themselves, anyone can.
Ultimately, there really is nothing wrong in trying to understand the moral of a story whether it was presented in a believable fashion or not.
Lelouch0202Mar 23, 2017 2:24 PM
Mar 23, 2017 2:14 PM

Sep 2015
Justice_Rocks said:

But they are likeable? Maybe not to you. But I liked them. I was neutral at first. Then I started hating most of them. Then I started liking most of them.
And it really depends on what you experienced to say this is believable or not.
People like them exist. Not as common I guess but they do and you do hear about them. Guess the rarity makes it less relatable.
But at the end of the day, the characters had depth and development. Is that not a success? The plot worked, it moved forward from where they started. IS ending in misery really that much better? That would of been where they started so what is the point of the show?

At first I didn't think certain people can be so stupid that didn't even know certain things.(not going to specify)
But then you meet them. So I'm more open to such possibility than ever before. I also only hear about relationship problems on TV and stuff. I used to think,"What an idiot why go through all that? Who can possibly be that stupid" Until I actually met a friend that goes through it. Still think it was an idiotic decision especially when said friend repeats his mistakes. But now I know there are people that stupid or crazy.

When you realize there are people like that on this planet, it becomes more believable. Not a common thing though.
Mar 23, 2017 2:21 PM

Jan 2009
Justice_Rocks said:

Sorry, but no. It's the opposite. The characters are very much templates of people from the real world. The ending for Akane is exceptionally realistic. And the problems of the other characters up to now, and their reactions to them, have ALSO been realistic.

And that's what sets KnH apart from the mainstream: Here, the author has the balls to let the evil antagonist "win". The damaged good other characters probably won't have happy endings (nobody knows how the final episode will play out, so we'll have to wait and see). Very much like the real world.

This is why they are "realistic". That's why I emphasize with them (because in my life, I have experienced parts of them). If you don't and think they don't work with you - okay. But hell yes were they believable to me. And this show does NOT have a "moral", just like life generally doesn't. It's a collage of people with unrequited loves, and their struggles.
Mar 23, 2017 2:32 PM
Mar 2015
Mentar said:
Justice_Rocks said:

Sorry, but no. It's the opposite. The characters are very much templates of people from the real world. The ending for Akane is exceptionally realistic. And the problems of the other characters up to now, and their reactions to them, have ALSO been realistic.

And that's what sets KnH apart from the mainstream: Here, the author has the balls to let the evil antagonist "win". The damaged good other characters probably won't have happy endings (nobody knows how the final episode will play out, so we'll have to wait and see). Very much like the real world.

This is why they are "realistic". That's why I emphasize with them (because in my life, I have experienced parts of them). If you don't and think they don't work with you - okay. But hell yes were they believable to me. And this show does NOT have a "moral", just like life generally doesn't. It's a collage of people with unrequited loves, and their struggles.

That's not true. Alright, Let me adress your points by the sections;

#1: If this show was realistic, Akane would be in prison for having sex with Mugi (Since he is a minor.)

Template of realism does not excuse bad storytelling. This show has also been the complete opposite of realism. Thats point #1.

#2: Setting "apart" is just another excuse to do this or do that, that's all that it is.

"Very much like the real world."/ Again, I'm not going there because this is just another excuse to cover bad storytelling.

#3:

"That's why I emphasize with them (because in my life, I have experienced parts of them). If you don't and think they don't work with you - okay. But hell yes were they believable to me."

Okay, fine. I'll give you that. I understand people can be that way, but why did we need a story about that again?

"And this show does NOT have a "moral", just like life generally doesn't."

No, no, no that's bullshit.

There are morals, people just choose not to follow them because they just dont want to live to a high standard.
Justice_RocksMar 23, 2017 2:45 PM
Mar 23, 2017 2:44 PM

Jan 2009
Look. Even you should have heard of cases where teachers were tried and convicted of having sex with their pupils. And that's only the number of incidents in which such behaviour ever got known and indicted, in so many more cases it never comes to light. It does happen.

I should have taken a clue from your avatar name. "Justice rocks". No, my friend, in the real world, it rarely does. The world is not "moral", because there is no scriptwriter guiding what's happening to reach a pleasing outcome to make viewers like you happy. The world is neutral. Kids do not pilot giant mechs. When soldiers singlehandedly attack enemies, they usually don't get shot and hurt, but eventually win, they get shot and die. When confident seductresses target naive males, they generally succeed, and there is no "moral" that will punish them.

What you call "bad storytelling" is simply storytelling where you don't like the story. It is much closer to reality than 99% of other romance/drama shows. With a bit more life experience, you'll find this out.

But hey - more power to you. If you insist that the story is unrealistic and badly written, be my guest.
Mar 23, 2017 2:45 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:

This is why I am proud to call you my clone
Mar 23, 2017 2:54 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Justice_Rocks said:
Mentar said:

That's not true. Alright, Let me adress your points by the sections;

#1: If this show was realistic, Akane would be in prison for having sex with Mugi (Since he is a minor.)

Template of realism does not excuse bad storytelling. This show has also been the complete opposite of realism. Thats point #1.

#2: Setting "apart" is just another excuse to do this or do that, that's all that it is.

"Very much like the real world."/ Again, I'm not going there because this is just another excuse to cover bad storytelling.

#3:

"That's why I emphasize with them (because in my life, I have experienced parts of them). If you don't and think they don't work with you - okay. But hell yes were they believable to me."

Okay, fine. I'll give you that. I understand people can be that way, but why did we need a story about that again?

"And this show does NOT have a "moral", just like life generally doesn't."

No, no, no that's bullshit.

There are morals, people just choose not to follow them because they just dont want to live to a high standard.
Actually you're wrong

1. She would be in jail IF she got caught....There are tons of examples of something like this going on IRL and not all of them are ever brought to light. But even so, being in relations of that nature with someone much younger than you is something that happens almost everywhere despite it being looked down upon by most

2. It's no excuse either because something of this nature CAN happen, and the only other variable is that usually, people like Akane end up never changing but the fact of the matter is, in today's society, this is very much realism

3. We need stories like this because some people are tired of the same old high school romance/drama series like Ore Monogatari etc where the characters are too shy to fucking hold hands for the longest yet alone kiss...This current generation and to an extent my own as well are quite sexually active

And like I said in that other thread, there are people in the world that are this level of shitty.....Don't write off something as being "bad writing" or unrealistic or "shit" just because you yourself do not personally identity or relate to it
TokoyaMar 23, 2017 2:59 PM
Mar 23, 2017 2:56 PM

Apr 2016
For me it's the weakest part of the story and really bad writing.

I do like the idea of the antagonist changing and getting a happy ending but you must make me believe it happened.

Here we have a guy who falls in love with a sweet teacher, the second he learns the sweet teacher is a manipulative man eating woman, so let say a totally different person ... he doesn't react, he doesn't even think about it, that's even funny in an anime with a lot of monologues. There's not one moment in the show where he could give some quality to Akane, I don't know, she has humor, she is passionate about music, she is hardworking, whatever, no, there's nothing shown before and after the change that could help understand why Kanai sensei stays in love despite the change of person, and there's just no reaction, no questioning.

Now true there are some dumb shallow men in this world. As long as the girl is cute, they go for it, even though going for marriage, that's a bit less probable but sure it happens.

Now now, Akane, she's not stupid. Then comes someone to her totally shallow, totally stupid and boring, and because he loves her face, her ass and her boobs, she becomes emotional and falls in love? "Wow! this guy is so stupid and so beta, he just loves me for my body, I think I'm falling in love! Marriage? sure!"

We all saw thousands of average romances where cute girl falls in love with beta MC for no reason, here we have the same bad average writing, he falls in love with no reason and she falls in love with no reason. Well at least he "accepted" her (ass and boobs). At the minimum there were some good reasons for Akane to laugh. She sure has seen some D... but with this level of shallowness and marriage proposal? Why did she not laugh like us?

It feels really too forced. Maybe the mangaka had no time to write something credible. I don't know but since I consider Akane's characterisation as a failure right from the start, I don't care much, she wasn't credible in the beginning and she is even less now. I just want to know if we'll see a "get finally together" between Hanabi and Mugi or a "sorry, bad timing, it's over, bye bye" next week.
Ysad_ZiwezhanMar 23, 2017 3:17 PM
Mar 23, 2017 3:08 PM
Mar 2015
Mentar said:
Look. Even you should have heard of cases where teachers were tried and convicted of having sex with their pupils. And that's only the number of incidents in which such behaviour ever got known and indicted, in so many more cases it never comes to light. It does happen.

I should have taken a clue from your avatar name. "Justice rocks". No, my friend, in the real world, it rarely does. The world is not "moral", because there is no scriptwriter guiding what's happening to reach a pleasing outcome to make viewers like you happy. The world is neutral. Kids do not pilot giant mechs. When soldiers singlehandedly attack enemies, they usually don't get shot and hurt, but eventually win, they get shot and die. When confident seductresses target naive males, they generally succeed, and there is no "moral" that will punish them.

What you call "bad storytelling" is simply storytelling where you don't like the story. It is much closer to reality than 99% of other romance/drama shows. With a bit more life experience, you'll find this out.

But hey - more power to you. If you insist that the story is unrealistic and badly written, be my guest.

You completely missed my point about morals. Actually, it's not so much called morals its just laws of sowing and reaping. You ever heard the saying "That wheel will role around again." In short it's called karma, and yes it will come back and bite you because it always does.
Mar 23, 2017 3:13 PM

Jul 2014
Justice_Rocks said:
Mentar said:

You completely missed my point about morals. Actually, it's not so much called morals its just laws of sowing and reaping. You ever heard the saying "That wheel will role around again." In short it's called karma, and yes it will come back and bite you because it always does.

> "yes it will come back and bite you because it always does"

So you're saying it's *absolutely guaranteed* that bad people who do bad things will eventually "reap what they sow"? Sorry, but I don't think that's always the case in real life... justice may not always be served, even if we want it.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 23, 2017 3:32 PM
Mar 2015
Actually you're wrong

1. She would be in jail IF she got caught....There are tons of examples of something like this going on IRL and not all of them are ever brought to light. But even so, being in relations of that nature with someone much younger than you is something that happens almost everywhere despite it being looked down upon by most

2. It's no excuse either because something of this nature CAN happen, and the only other variable is that usually, people like Akane end up never changing but the fact of the matter is, in today's society, this is very much realism

3. We need stories like this because some people are tired of the same old high school romance/drama series like Ore Monogatari etc where the characters are too shy to fucking hold hands for the longest yet alone kiss...This current generation and to an extent my own as well are quite sexually active

And like I said in that other thread, there are people in the world that are this level of shitty.....Don't write off something as being "bad writing" or unrealistic or "shit" just because you yourself do not personally identity or relate to it

1. Fine. But stuff like eventually comes to light because a slip of the tongue, it happens.

2. Okay, fine. When you put it can happen i can't argue with that cause anything is possible.

3. Stop right there. You're not only wrong on this, you are very wrong.

First of all, why do we need more stories that make us feel bad?

The world has enough problems and life is wearing all of us down, why do we need content that we use as escape to remind us our life is terrible? It doesn't drive us to be better, it doesn't inspire us, it just makes us grumble and angered because it gives us no hope.

Also, whats wrong with sunshine and rainbows? It's one of peoples remainder that there is still an ounce of good in this world. It makes us happy for a few hours and has us dreaming big and wondering how we can make us better and how we can go forward.

Why take that away and fill it with depressing void? So you can make others suffer with you cause your life sucks? Well let me tell you something. Every person has their own share of pain, no one is without it. Why do I need to know it, keep it to yourself. If you want to share it so badly, share it with someone who will take the burden with you.

Stop throwing it up on us. I dont want your pain, I have enough of my own as it is.

And if your sexually active, why is that their problem or my problem? Learn to control it before it controls you. Save yourself for your husband or wife, is that so difficult?!
Justice_RocksMar 23, 2017 3:50 PM
Mar 23, 2017 4:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Justice_Rocks said:
Actually you're wrong

1. It's against the law. why do i need to say more?

2. Okay, fine. When you put it can happen i can't argue with that cause anything is possible.

3. Stop right there. You're not only wrong on this, you are very wrong.

First of all, why do we need more stories that make us feel bad?

The world has enough problems and life is wearing all of us down, why do we need content that we use as escape to remind us our life is terrible? It doesn't drive us to be better, it doesn't inspire us, it just makes us grumble and angered because it gives us no hope.

Also, whats wrong with sunshine and rainbows? It's one of peoples remainder that there is still an ounce of good in this world. It makes us happy for a few hours and has us dreaming big and wondering how we can make us better and how we can go forward.

Why take that away and fill it with depressing void? So you can make others suffer with you cause your life sucks? Well let me tell you something. Every person has their own share of pain, no one is without it. Why do I need to know it, keep it to yourself. If you want to share it so badly, share it with someone who will take the burden with you.

Stop throwing it up on us. I dont want your pain, I have enough of my own as it is.

And if your sexually active, why is that their problem or my problem? Learn to control it before it controls you. Save yourself for your husband or wife, is that so difficult?!
1. Firstly, the age of consent in Japan is 13 so this thing isn't exactly against the law over there and secondly, it's against the law for us to watch/read or download anime from anywhere else but Crunchyroll, Netflix, Funimation or any of the other officially licensed streaming platforms, yet I'm pretty sure that all of us here has been guilty of not using these at some point in our lives - Do you understand now how naive your black and white view on the world is?

2. Then let me rephrase myself.....This type of thing.....The things in this anime in general (Cheating on your significant other, having a lot of sex, homosexuality, relationships between persons that vary in age) are COMMON in today's society whether you like it or not

3. LMFAO, How does this make YOU feel bad lol....Are you a cheater? Are you attracted to the same sex? Are you sexually active? I mean, I don't see why this would make you feel bad

All this is really is an accurate representation of these type of persons in today's society and if anything else, this is just giving viewers an insight on the lives and perspectives of people of this nature, or better yet, an outline of what not to do in an relationship lol (Unless this type of thing is something that you're in to)

I feel like you're a super christian or something and that seeing this type of thing goes against your morals and so you just automatically shut it out

Or the other possibility is that you really can relate to one of those above characteristics lol.....I've been exposed 2 of those things for most of my life so if so then I understand why it makes you feel this way but come on man....The world is not all sunshine and rainbows

It's time to grow up
TokoyaMar 23, 2017 4:11 PM
Mar 23, 2017 4:28 PM
Mar 2015
1. Firstly, the age of consent in Japan is 13 so this thing isn't exactly against the law over there and secondly, it's against the law for us to watch/read or download anime from anywhere else but Crunchyroll, Netflix, Funimation or any of the other officially licensed streaming platforms, yet I'm pretty sure that all of us here has been guilty of not using these at some point in our lives - Do you understand now how naive your black and white view on the world is?

2. Then let me rephrase myself.....This type of thing.....The things in this anime in general (Cheating on your significant other, having a lot of sex, homosexuality, relationships between persons that vary in age) are COMMON in today's society whether you like it or not

3. LMFAO, How does this make YOU feel bad lol....Are you a cheater? Are you attracted to the same sex? Are you sexually active? I mean, I don't see why this would make you feel bad

All this is really is an accurate representation of these type of persons in today's society and if anything else, this is just giving viewers an insight on the lives and perspectives of people of this nature, or better yet, an outline of what not to do in an relationship lol (Unless this type of thing is something that you're in to)

I feel like you're a super christian or something and that seeing this type of thing goes against your morals and so you just automatically shut it out

Or the other possibility is that you really can relate to one of those above characteristics lol.....I've been exposed 2 of those things for most of my life so if so then I understand why it makes you feel this way but come on man....The world is not all sunshine and rainbows

It's time to grow up

1. Whatever.

2. Fine, then. It is what it is then.

3. Quick to judge arent you?

No I didn't cheat dip squawk, way to assume I have done some of this nonsense. I said it makes you feel bad because when you're watching something thats wrong, you feel it as well.

Oh so you have to be religious to do the right thing? Then you have problems. And if I am a christian, then so what? We had to have been created somewhere, and God does make sense in some ways (I guess?), unless you have a better prevailing theory than let's say the bible? I'd like to hear it.

shutting it out just because it goes against my morals? I wouldn't be able to watch anything if that were the case.

Grow up about what? That life sucks and I need to accept that? I did a long time ago, try again.

You should grow up and stop defending the bad, cause that's all this is.
Justice_RocksMar 23, 2017 4:32 PM
Mar 23, 2017 4:59 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Justice_Rocks said:

It's time to grow up

1. Whatever.

2. Fine, then. It is what it is then.

3. Quick to judge arent you?

No I didn't cheat dip squawk, way to assume I have done some of this nonsense. I said it makes you feel bad because when you're watching something thats wrong, you feel it as well.

Oh so you have to be religious to do the right thing? Then you have problems. And if I am a christian, then so what? We had to have been created somewhere, and God does make sense in some ways (I guess?), unless you have a better prevailing theory than let's say the bible? I'd like to hear it.

shutting it out just because it goes against my morals? I wouldn't be able to watch anything if that were the case.

Grow up about what? That life sucks and I need to accept that? I did a long time ago, try again.

You should grow up and stop defending the bad, cause that's all this is.
1. That hard for you to accept reality huh lol

2. Thank You

3. How does watching something that's "wrong" make you feel bad lol? Are you serious? xD

Most persons nowadays with such a strong black and white outlook on life/morals like yours are generally quite religious so it's a logical assumption on my part

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you on what's "bad" and what's "morally bad" so feel free to feel however you want, but for someone who has supposedly accepted how shitty the world is, you surely are getting quite triggered by an anime that showcases it
Mar 23, 2017 5:26 PM

Nov 2013
Kuzu No Honkai ep 11 kapkap. spoilers Sensei is a cuckold lord and mom-con. Mugi is trashier than Akane. Only 1 minute of precious Hanabi, that's injustice. Finally, eh...the development of Akafish would br nice...if it wasn't so sudden only.
We need another season of Hanabi only, even if that's illogical.
Mar 23, 2017 6:30 PM

May 2015
End of Akane's chapter. Finale should be Mugi and Hanabi's moment. Can't wait for that!

Great episode.

Mar 23, 2017 6:37 PM
Mar 2015

2. Thank You

3. How does watching something that's "wrong" make you feel bad lol? Are you serious? xD

Most persons nowadays with such a strong black and white outlook on life/morals like yours are generally quite religious so it's a logical assumption on my part

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you on what's "bad" and what's "morally bad" so feel free to feel however you want, but for someone who has supposedly accepted how shitty the world is, you surely are getting quite triggered by an anime that showcases it

1. No, it's hard for me to accept idiots.

2. ....

3. I see things a certain way others do not, its just the way i am.

Okay fair enough, I do sound religious. But not everything that is right has to be seen through a Religious glass.

"but for someone who has supposedly accepted how shitty the world is, you surely are getting quite triggered by an anime that showcases it"

Yeah when your watching stuff that is just pure insanity (Case in point; this series.)
Justice_RocksMar 23, 2017 6:42 PM
Mar 23, 2017 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
Nice episode. Only 1 episode left. I don't see how the story could wrap up nicely in an episode. It will either be rushed or Mugi x Hanabi not gonna happen.
Mar 23, 2017 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
Kanai loves Akane no matter what.

Marriage proposal & he's OK with her cheating on him. Well alright then.

Mugi saying goodbye to Akane.

1 more ep to go.
Santoryu_XBurnerMar 23, 2017 7:07 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 23, 2017 7:07 PM

Jun 2013
Whoaaa I sat there speechless for a while after finishing this episode. Everything is going exactly the way I predicted it, but somehow I'm still in shock.

Mugi just got what was coming.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 23, 2017 7:39 PM

Jun 2015
I knew Kania was going to propose to her. She was shocked when he asked her. She said yes because it's something new for her. He still loves her no matter what. Mugi was too late.
Mar 23, 2017 8:07 PM

Oct 2016
Akane has definitely turned out to be the most interesting character in this show. Honestly, the rest of the cast is very plain. She turned turn to f that btch I'm gonna slit her throat to eh she's pretty cool. I love her progression.

Kanai and Akane is most likely going to work out even though that proposal was actually jsfhbmaknfugh. Think this relationship is going just a bit too fast bud.

Hanabi better get more screen time next ep or riot. I just hope Hanabi ends up happy. Could care less about Mugi. :p pls no Hanabi x Mugi c:

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Mar 23, 2017 8:29 PM

Feb 2009
What a heartbreaking ending that was by the end of the episode, though expected, it made me realize that maybe, just maybe the conclusion this show needs is for everyone ending up alone.
Seriously though, I cant find the words yet to describe Akane, but now even Kanai sensei joined this nonsense of wanting to marry a lunatic "ninfo" sociopath, I mean it's a twisted type of love imo, but which kind of love justifies beeing cheated like some kind of masochist and still support a relationship like there's no problem at all, well i'm not gonna forget this approach they had in this anime ever, that's for sure.
I think I only realized by the end that Akane was probably more MC than the other characters, she is definitely the wheel that makes all the events revolve around her.
InsodpMar 23, 2017 8:40 PM
Mar 23, 2017 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
I really enjoy seeing Akane thrown off her game. Gave me a good chuckle.

The latest development between her and Kanai feels a tad too fast, but I'm more than okay with that direction. It just seems awful quick to ask someone to marry you, no matter how deep in love you are and especially considering Akane's nature up until this point. I want to see her change, but it feels like that sort of drastic character changes needs at least 2 more episodes.

Now, as for Hanabi and Mugi.........
Mar 23, 2017 8:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Justice_Rocks said:

2. Thank You

1. No, it's hard for me to accept idiots.

2. ....

3. I see things a certain way others do not, its just the way i am.

Okay fair enough, I do sound religious. But not everything that is right has to be seen through a Religious glass.

"but for someone who has supposedly accepted how shitty the world is, you surely are getting quite triggered by an anime that showcases it"

Yeah when your watching stuff that is just pure insanity (Case in point; this series.)
Yeah it's insane but that's what our world is like now unfortunately
Mar 23, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2014
well Akane turning a new leaf I see due to Narumi's unconditional love.....

Steps to reform a slut....
Step: 1
Act like she is leading you instead you are leading her (probably like a shy high school girl)
Step 2:
go with her on dates but don't get too intimate... well at least once is fine so she would probably think that she has lured you.
Step 3:
find out of her slutness and still continue to go with her on dates.... (yes simple dates and not intimate for sex)
Step 4
Get her paranoid and get her to admit that she is definately a slut and she does not deserve you ...
Step 5
When she is so much confused get her to think that you love her blindedly regardless or her slutness and yeah propose to her and yes now sex is fine so stop being a sissy high school girl... Eventually her slutness level will drop after she breaks off with other people around her

Reverse psycology = Anime Logic
Mar 23, 2017 9:08 PM

Dec 2009
Not sure how i feel about this anime currently...

I mean, wanting to be with her even knowing she's gonna fuck around? Kinky.

If she actually stops fucking around, then yeah it's kinda corny saved by "power of love".

While i was cheering for an incredible turn around and happy endings, i don't know how to feel about Akane taking the medal.

Let me guess, now that Mugi is dumped, he's gonna go to Hanabi, and seeing as Sanae has a friend she's gonna be squared away, everyone hooks up and hooray! -.-

..Seriously, this anime better not have a fucking perfect disney ending.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 23, 2017 9:10 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
I can't tell which one of you said this first, because I'm kinda drunk right now, and your quote bubbles are kinda iffy. HOWEVER, which ever one of you originally said this:

"3. We need stories like this because some people are tired of the same old high school romance/drama series like Ore Monogatari etc where the characters are too shy to fucking hold hands for the longest yet alone kiss...This current generation and to an extent my own as well are quite sexually active

...hit the nail on the head. And the one that is saying it is not accurate, you my friend, need to get out more. Try going to college and actually talking to girls. You'll figure things out about them that will blow your closed off mind. Women want sex just as much as men do, and in many of the same ways, HOWEVER, they are completely different at expressing it (most of the time). Girls love to be chased. It's what makes them feel wanted. That is what makes Akane's character, and the whole anime in general, are so realistic.
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Mar 23, 2017 9:59 PM

Sep 2015
I feel somewhat happy for her even tho she did some not so good things that made her meet and end up marrying him.
Mar 23, 2017 10:10 PM
Jan 2017
I'm fine with this direction, though I was hoping for a darker way to close out the series (though it could still happen). As for how things played this episode. I felt like this was pretty rushed. Like suddenly Kanai is asking to marry her? Like you had sex twice and were never an official couple. But as for him loving her, despite being a slut, is fine because there are people in the world that are married to two people. Kanai and Akane's relationship is just a product of it. Is it wrong? Who are we to judge what is right or wrong.
Mar 23, 2017 10:16 PM

Dec 2015
Turned a hoe into a housewife astounding! give this man a round of applause
Mar 23, 2017 10:24 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
ProjectSeoul said:
I'm fine with this direction, though I was hoping for a darker way to close out the series (though it could still happen). As for how things played this episode. I felt like this was pretty rushed. Like suddenly Kanai is asking to marry her? Like you had sex twice and were never an official couple. But as for him loving her, despite being a slut, is fine because there are people in the world that are married to two people. Kanai and Akane's relationship is just a product of it. Is it wrong? Who are we to judge what is right or wrong.

I've seen people get married after knowing each other for only two months. Never ends good for them though. I feel like this is a setup for something worse.
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Mar 23, 2017 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
This series has quite possibly destroyed my thoughts on "love". Like the bad end is everywhere.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 23, 2017 10:35 PM

Sep 2014
Well shit.

This episode just went off the wall bat shit crazy. Let's go over what I can now sum up.

Hanabi hasn't seen Mugi since summer break ended. That's around or over 3 months. That means she's turning into Mugi and waiting for him to return so that she can fix him, or, she's on the verge of accepting the reality and giving up only to find out just how perfect they actually were. Inflicting more pain to the reality of how much of a bad decision it was to play pretend relationships and the damage it brought.

Akane finally realizes that this man is in love with her for the right/wrong reasons. He truly loves her for who she is. Unfortunatley, this love is on the sympathy side. He's almost worried not to lover her for how damaged she must seem to him and how much love he gets from her that is similar to his mother.
The fact that he proposed to her, knowing full well she'll cheat on him, makes you feel sorry for him and understand how sorry he must feel for her.
But the greatest thing that shocks me is what she says to Mugi (I'll get to that in a bit).

Finally, we have Mugi. He's coming to terms with the fact that Akane is changing and this may be the last time they are together. However, instead of him making the announcement that they should stop, she destroys his reality by revealing that she's getting married. Something you can tell he never expected her to do.

His one and only, the one that could never be taken, was. He now has his slap into reality. It hits hard and he finally releases his last confession to her. He lets her know that he loved the person she used to be and was glad to have known that part of her. She thanks him for that, solidifying the fact that her previous chapter in life is now over. Or is it. Why, because she tells Mugi that getting married is something she hasn't tried yet and is excited about it. But I'm sure it's safe to say she's actually happy about it and plans to settle down.

This leads us to the sopping mess on the overpass. He's now a broken shell of a boy. With the only thing that he loved gone, he will probably turn into a dark void. Will he then go to Hanabi as if to say "My true love is gone, I'll take sloppy seconds"? Will she realize this and end what's left of their relationship?

Or, will Hanabi find Mugi a mess, come to his aid, and have the love and care that she finds out she has for him heal him and help him get closer to her. It's an almost perfect ending that doesn't' fit. However, I kinda want it to happen.
Mar 23, 2017 10:42 PM

Sep 2014
I just realized they should have ended this episode with this

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

435 by crowsCanSaveYou »»
Jun 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

436 by Relp1905 »»
May 11, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.