Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2017 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode actually came out a day earlier today. NicoNico streamed it.

OP song is alright, quite melancholic. We got introduction of the main characters and there's some obvious romance flowing in the air. Sanae is more amusing than I had thought to watch. There's quite a bit of human feelings poured into the narratives and I found this surprisingly realistic. They obviously had to censor our some content though so maybe BDs will contain the more lewd parts.

Not bad for the start. I think this will be a complete adaptation of 11 episodes. The theme songs are pretty fitting.

Jan 11, 2017 2:09 PM
Jul 2015
Pretty nice first episode. Although I am sure they are going to love each other during the remaining of the series.
Jan 11, 2017 2:21 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Definitely Lerche's best looking anime so far. Backgrounds and character animations are well done. Adaptation wise, I can't completely judge it until I see the next episode because there's been some chunks of it that have been cut out, but the studio might be rearranging them just like how ReLIFE did with its first two episodes. This episode basically covered up to the end of the first volume, while cutting the first couple of pages, a very, very short intimate scene between Mugi and Hanabi and two characters that were supposed to introduced, weren't shown at all. However, this episode probably wanted to focus solely on the four main characters of the series, and they'll probably introduce the other characters in the next episode.

One thing is to note that Lerche decided to show some scenes as if it's a manga, with still panels (some still, some animated). I think that's a pretty cool style they opted to go for... even if some of it is used to save effort. The lengthy intimate scene between Mugi and Hanabi was adapted, and Lerche made it just as explicit as it was in the manga. I mean, the manga never had anything too graphic, so adapting this wasn't going to be too hard. So yeah, no censorship! Also, good OP and trippy ED, haha.

Considering the fact that the manga will end with its 8th volume and the anime will probably be 11 episodes, and considering the fact that this episode basically covered most of the first volume, this is definitely going to be a full adaptation. Overall, I'm satisfied with how the first episode was, adaptation and content wise (that is expecting that the skipped character introductions are shown in the later episodes). This is definitely not a normal romance, so don't go expecting one. And if you find the characters to be unlikable or wrong... well, that's the point!

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerJan 11, 2017 2:24 PM
Jan 11, 2017 2:36 PM
Dec 2011
I can see some people will love this show and some people will hate this show.
For me i love it, wonder will it goes even more crazy.
Jan 11, 2017 6:56 PM

Sep 2013
Can't wait to watch it.
Can't wait to see Hanabi, can't wait to hear Reina's voice on Hanabi. Can't wait to see all the scums here.

"Other than my feelings, everything else is yours". First episode and Mugi and Hanabi are already at it. I really hope they will fall in love with each other at the end. Just let those teachers go.
Erika___Jan 12, 2017 3:40 PM
Jan 11, 2017 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
Damn watching this just gives you the chills. I felt that it portrayed the characters well. And the OP kinda had a Lerche feel, at least to me.

I hope it doesn't become melodramatic tho.
Jan 11, 2017 7:31 PM

Aug 2016
Finally. I've been so excited for this anime and it didn't disappoint me, I'm watching a good amount of winter 2017 animes and so far only 2/3 are good, for me it's not the best season but this.... Yes, this is amazing so far.
The opening and ending are also very good, I'm o excited for the next episode and to get to know the characters more!

I didn't expect Hanabi and Mugi to be like that right from the start but she was even thinking if she is a good replacement for him? So I guess some feelings will develop or maybe they will start liking each other but not realize it
Jan 11, 2017 7:51 PM

Jul 2013
Really enjoyed this first episode. One of the shows that I was looking forward to but not expecting that much after reading the synopsis.
After watching episode one my opinion changed and I would definitely watch the succeeding episodes as early as possible.
Jan 11, 2017 8:06 PM

Apr 2014
Friends with Benefits: The Anime

Great first episode

Jan 11, 2017 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting first episode. OP & ED song are great. Art Style is nice & lovely cherry blossoms.

Man feels like this show is gonna make me real sad.
Hanabi & Mugi are intimate with each other, but have feelings for other people.

Enjoyed the small bits of comedy.
Like how they didn't shy away from the intimacy.

Looking forward to seeing more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 11, 2017 8:23 PM
Aug 2015
but i didn't notice any censorship, maybe it was only censored on NicoNico.
Jan 11, 2017 8:26 PM

Nov 2011
I knew what I was getting into when I started this, but my god my heart was aching and breaking during this episode. It's just so different from any Love story or Drama I have seen. I don't want to say it's a breath of fresh air because it is kind of a disappointing plot, but really it is something fresh.

The opening and Ending were amazing and the animation was fantastic.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 11, 2017 8:26 PM
Oct 2013
Damn, this series is going to be hard to watch.

I mean...the story so far seems good, and the art and animation is wonderful, but I just really loathe NTR series.
I also can`t agree with the MC at all. My thoughts goes against every word she says.

I`m not going to drop this yet though, since it still can end in an acceptable way. I hope I don`t come to regret this decision...
GPMSJan 12, 2017 6:39 AM
Jan 11, 2017 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
I really liked this. It's rare to see this type of relationship in an anime.
Also, the character outlines are very thin.
Jan 11, 2017 8:30 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
They remind me of drug addicts that have a false sense of well being. Theirs is done by lover substitution instead of a drug. It is a very interesting and well done episode and I look forward to the series.
Jan 11, 2017 8:32 PM

Jun 2014
[sarcasm = 100] Wooowwwww im impressed. Lerche is actually capable of creating something that did not come out of a garbage disposal, a cow's anus, cancer, or the spawn of Satan. And so far not a single character I can call an edgy twat.[/sarcasm]

but really, this is a surpise for Lerche; character designs that look normal; doesnt ooze "edgy" vibes; has a more compelling so far in just one episode;

there are still some noticeable Lerche tendencies; I mean theyre making a "seinen" show but cant get rid of the moe gags? but overall this at least seems like it will be a pleasant show to watch. Probably the only reason I decided to watch this was because its this season's Noitamina block show, but Im glad i did.
m-i-c-h-a-e-lJan 11, 2017 8:38 PM
Jan 11, 2017 8:43 PM

Jul 2016
WARNING! WARNING!
You are going to watch some sick stuff and hate some characters. The title doesn't lie, most of them are scum.

This is a fun ride and the art is amazing... but prepare for what's coming.
Jan 11, 2017 8:49 PM

Dec 2014
Well having read the synopsis I knew this wouldn't be my cup of tea since I expected it would have a more depressive atmosphere and perhaps a lot of melodrama but while this episode did have a kind of depressing tone to it, I'm glad there wasn't too much drama. So, Yes the episode was pretty good. I just hope the tone doesn't get too depressive or too melodramatic.

The art is really good.
The intimate scene between Hanabi and Mugi was also really well done but at the same time really sad to watch.

I've read a lot of posts that say the characters are scum just like the title says, I just hope by the end I'll find at least one character I like.
Jan 11, 2017 8:52 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, this was adapted very well, this could be Darkhorse for anime of the season.
Jan 11, 2017 8:54 PM

Sep 2014
This is going to be an interesting show. You don't normally see relationships like this.

I know it's taboo to do this but I'm hoping for a specific ending and holding my breath that it's a good show.

At first, I thought the echii/fan service cliche of a show would be there. The girl is actually in love with her brother. The boy is actually in love with his sister. They use each other. The scenes are graphic and its the male that's the one doing all the stuff, using and abusing the girl. Or it's just pure raunchy crap to sit and watch for 12 ep.

But we get something different.

We have Hanabi who is in love with her brother. A brother who is actually from a diff family but close enough to be considered one. THAT is very rare in this type of show. Then you have Mugi. Same position, however we don't know how the relationship is just yet. It's assumed it's the same as Hanabi.

The issue they have, the love is one-sided. Sadly, their love interests like each other. This leads us to find out that the two form a "non-sexual" pact. Friends with benefits without the sex. Again, something you don't normally see in this type of anime.

Well, at first I thought it was going to be a raunchy show. There would be a nipple here, moaning there, blurred out nudity. But I was slapped in the face with something much more amazing.

At one point you are presented with what should be the start to something hot and heavy.

But what you get is something much more.

For me, HOPE!!!!

In this one episode, I was drawn in, made uncomfortable, chose sides, cheered and locked my couples theories. I was committed and ready for more. The animation, soundtrack, and the storyline had me hooked. Not to mention the nice addition of comedy. Not too much. Just right.

After the first episode, I wanted to know more. I wanted to see these two struggle, identify their feelings, and, in the very end, eventually see their false feelings turn into real love.

So, with one down, I'm locking in my vote for these two to get together in the very end after a long and hard journey.

Here's to praying for a strong season and a potential true couple. Let the dark, heart string cutting journey begin.

And now for my theories.

What the hell does this mean?
Could this be another girl that could be the third wheel and ruin things? Could she also like Hanabi's brother?
Or does this mean he will also be the "support" for that girl as well and have to decide on one in the end?
And those XXXX? WTF?
Jan 11, 2017 9:05 PM

Sep 2014
SilverDio said:
WARNING! WARNING!
You are going to watch some sick stuff and hate some characters. The title doesn't lie, most of them are scum.

Dude. You totally killed my hopes and dream for a horrible journey into a possibly happy and damaged ending. Now I'm nervous as F*CK.......where's the popcorn.
Jan 11, 2017 9:12 PM
May 2015
beautiful character animation & designs

interesting direction (lots of cost cutting techniques but at least its interesting)

this plot is super duper fucked up and i can already tell this isnt going to be a likeable cast.

interested to see where this goes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2017 9:22 PM

Jun 2016
Man that's deep for a normal romance like this...
Unrequited love are truly bitter...
The mind doesn't choose who you fall inlove with. Cause that's your heart's jobs..

To think that I already hate that sensei... acting o'l nice and yeah she's a bitch
can't expect the plot of this one

This is how you do a great start 5/5
HikiNEET021Jan 12, 2017 4:35 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2017 9:34 PM

Jan 2015
OrangeJP said:
Oh boy, totally no objection here.
They aren't blood-related. Which makes the typical "Onii-chan, daisuki" feeling got developed that easily. This is gonna be good.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 11, 2017 9:35 PM

Jan 2014
lol this Hanabi girl is a total bitch

Not a fan of Mugi either
Jan 11, 2017 9:43 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. 5/5. Probably start the manga because of this. The ED is also really good. Here's to seeing how dark and or twisted (or both) it can get.
Jan 11, 2017 9:45 PM

Dec 2015
I find this so sweet and yet somehow a little creepy
Jan 11, 2017 9:49 PM

Dec 2016
They butchered this shit to the ground. what was a light hearted manga with a twist turned into a fucking sleeping aid. Terrible ass job, the 3 dollar budget doesn't help either
Jan 11, 2017 9:50 PM

Jan 2015
The animation was great and the sound was pretty good.
As for the story, I don't really wanna judge it so early but just feels like there'll come a point in the anime where some stupid stuff will happen over and over again and I'll throw my phone/laptop in rage and drop the show.
Jan 11, 2017 9:51 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I think I discovered this manga in 2015 and thankfully Lerche managed to capture what drew me in to this series when I first read it

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the general consensus to this series lol.....Also I must say that the visuals, soundtrack and directing are perfect

And props to Lerche for not holding back on the mature scenes either!
TokoyaJan 11, 2017 9:55 PM
Jan 11, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2016
Yeah okay...I get the whole friends with benefits concept but the overall premise of this is sort of ridiculous. And for some reason the characters just aren't doing it for me, i'm not really rooting for any of them lol

That said, the visuals in this are stunning and as someone who hasn't read the source material I am really interested to see where this goes! I think this first episode handled some of the more mature scenes really well. This is definitely the "darkest" thing I've watched this season but I like the look and feel of this anime so far.
NanoRinJan 11, 2017 10:08 PM

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Jan 11, 2017 10:18 PM

Feb 2015
So good. Oh my goodness. So. Good. so beautiful and heart wrteching, the adaption is much better than i thought. I cannot wait. Probably my favorite anime of the season if they keep it up.

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Jan 11, 2017 10:33 PM

Apr 2013
Pure brilliance.
Jan 11, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2014
OrangeJP said:

Great first episode

my thoughts exactly
Jan 11, 2017 10:53 PM
Sep 2013
This is actuallly a pretty good adaption in my opinion. The animations are pretty smooth and the colours are really easy to look at (unlike another anima this season coughhandshakercough). I haven't read this manga in a while so I don't even know what they cut out but the pace so far seems perfectly fine....although I didn't feel as much as I did here compared to when I first read the manga. I guess it's because I already knew what was gonna happen.

As a reminder to those who are new to this series...if you're into some dark and touchy romance then this is for you. And also, if you end up hating a character then good for you, that's the point.

lol anyway I can't wait to see more of the "intimate" stuff latter on ;)
dammdd123Jan 11, 2017 10:57 PM
Jan 11, 2017 10:56 PM
Nov 2013
I loved it. Decent op and ed. Love the characters so far. 10/10 from me atm, love a bit more depressed themes in anime.
Jan 11, 2017 10:59 PM

Aug 2014
Nice orgy in the ED. Should be a fun watch.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 11, 2017 11:07 PM

Jul 2014
I never got to far into the manga due to how boring the usage of the premise was after a while IMO, but the production style was on point and really complemented the story's setting. Kind of interested in seeing the story play out again, but in an animated format, despite dropping the manga version.

I swear that I've seen the style of using seperate panels for extra complementary views within a scene in quite a bit of hentai, although I might not be remembering correctly. Its usage in the anime was pretty neat and workable though, whether or not it was done to save production costs.

Loved the ED, as the music was pretty nongeneric while still fitting my taste. The usage of radial symmetry or whatever to depict the characters relations with eachother was also pretty smart and fitting compared to some blatant flashy usage as seen in something like Kiznaiver's OP lol

8/10 for now, although I want to giveit 9 simply due to how much I appreciated the the way the sounds and scenes were handled. The adapting order is fine with me; episode one managed to give enough of an idea on the shows premise and the relationship between the two MCs.
Jan 11, 2017 11:19 PM

Apr 2015
I really liked that first episode

Seems like it could be a great anime, however I got the feeling that a movie would be better for this story from the first episode
I'm really curious about how they're going to do with this anime
Jan 11, 2017 11:59 PM

Oct 2013
Seems like all characters will be assholes in this anime. Lewd scenes were hot though.
Jan 12, 2017 12:10 AM

Dec 2015
I just watch this cause i found lewd scene.
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Jan 12, 2017 12:25 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, that is really crazy. I think this anime will become the most controversial anime this season.
Jan 12, 2017 12:33 AM
his sun
Jan 2017
LMFAO

She was a complete bitch like me, and I admire that. Mugi was kinda cute but I wish I knew more about his love interest.

Now since I haven't read the manga, I'm curious as who the two other females are and their roles.

Kinda digging this anime so far but that hand in the beginning, that threw me off. Horrible. Lol.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

his sun

e + s

3.16.23 <3

Jan 12, 2017 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
Well this is definitely gonna be the unique dark horse. I'll take it. I actually enjoyed it.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 12, 2017 12:51 AM

Jun 2015
Strong episode. They're handling the material with the appropriate level of care and tone. Most of the things I was worried that could've gone wrong didn't, so I'm very pleased.

My only concern is with Hana. Unless Mugi actually falls for her by the end, there's no way this could end well for her, which could mean a very sad anime. Not necessarily a bad thing, just a little worried.
Jan 12, 2017 12:57 AM

Aug 2015
Yachty said:
They butchered this shit to the ground. what was a light hearted manga with a twist turned into a fucking sleeping aid. Terrible ass job, the 3 dollar budget doesn't help either

Are we watching the same show?
Jan 12, 2017 12:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Some romance anime end with holding hands after 2 seasons worth of content. In others, like this one, they're a millimeter away from having sex in the first episode. I think it goes without saying that the second approach is a hell of a lot more realistic and interesting

Not sure if this is gonna end up as a Toradora-like "double cupid scenario turns into love out of hate" or something but either way it was definitely interesting as a whole. I reckon it'll be pretty controversial though given the questionable morals in play here but that's rarely been a bad thing to me considering how much I liked School Days, Yosuga no Sora etcetera
Jan 12, 2017 1:05 AM

Aug 2016
SilverDio said:
WARNING! WARNING!

I'm scared, someone hold me.

Seriously though, I do get the feeling that this will be a wild ride. Interesting first episode. I feel vulnerable although praying that Mugi and Hanabi do fall in love.

I'm just scared, help.

Jan 12, 2017 1:41 AM
Nov 2016
Well, the first episode was better than what I expected it to be. Now, we'll have to wait and watch to finally figure out how the entire series as a whole.
Jan 12, 2017 1:56 AM
Jul 2013
this anime is like drugs(actually most anime are, in other way), it is bad for my mentality, but i cannot seem to let go. 9/10(cuz not much backstory of the male mc)
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

435 by crowsCanSaveYou »»
Jun 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.