Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 15, 2016 9:56 PM

Jul 2015
Here is the gif i wanted to see

and another one

Dec 15, 2016 10:20 PM

Dec 2016
I may be thinking about this too deeply, but I think the three leaf clovers have a significant meaning behind them.
Three leaf clovers or "Shamrocks", as the Irish call them, have a meaning for each of their leaves; faith, hope and love.
In terms of the show, Mimi uses the power of these clovers to do her bidding. So , there must be a connection between Mimi and the clovers.
And here is my theory: can it be said that Mimi put her FAITH in Pure Illusion's Mimi in HOPES that Pure Illusion Mimi could protect Cocona because of how much Mini LOVES her child?
Dec 15, 2016 11:08 PM

Jul 2015
aguywithaname said:
I may be thinking about this too deeply, but I think the three leaf clovers have a significant meaning behind them.
Three leaf clovers or "Shamrocks", as the Irish call them, have a meaning for each of their leaves; faith, hope and love.
In terms of the show, Mimi uses the power of these clovers to do her bidding. So , there must be a connection between Mimi and the clovers.
And here is my theory: can it be said that Mimi put her FAITH in Pure Illusion's Mimi in HOPES that Pure Illusion Mimi could protect Cocona because of how much Mini LOVES her child?

The reason for all the clovers and flower is that the only (non-pure illusion) world she knew is her room and the tittle land side to the lake, which is covered by clovers and flowers. At least i think there is no deeper meaning, but it could just be 2Deep4me

#evangeliowned #flipflapperekted
Dec 16, 2016 3:25 AM

Jun 2013
shit is too deep and that ost oh man
Dec 16, 2016 4:28 AM

Jul 2015
Salt and Mimis relationship is anime romance in a nutshell. A couple of blushes and all of the sudden they have a child together.
Dec 16, 2016 4:40 AM

Oct 2016
what a golden deep shiit we have here .. damn you Salt your kneeling in front of yayaka almost made me cry ..
Sumeragi_YuitoDec 16, 2016 4:43 AM
Dec 16, 2016 6:53 AM

Dec 2012
So Mimi swapped personalities... with who? With the Mimi of Pure Illusion? Now the real Mimi is with Cocona inside Pure Illusion (which seems to be becoming reality at an accelerated rate).

Still some questions left unanswered like: How did Papika revert to a younger age, how did Cocona go back to the real world under the bad guys care, how did the fragments came to exist, how the amorphous children were created (especially the 3rd one... nice outfit btw), how can Mimi simply use Cocona's body and what exactly to the fragments do / how some people got them inside of their skin.

Still blows my mind that Salt banged the lab rat though. How did he get away with that lmao, they were always watching her.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 16, 2016 9:17 AM

Apr 2014
well their past was just as messed up as i thought it would be but least now pretty much almost everything is alot more clear now as to things i wanted to know

but overall was an amazing ep and cant wait for whats next
"one step at a time"
Dec 16, 2016 11:24 AM

May 2012
Infatuate said:
Still blows my mind that Salt banged the lab rat though. How did he get away with that lmao, they were always watching her.

Maybe it was just one of the series of experiments on Mimi.
Dec 16, 2016 11:50 AM

Aug 2012
-I'm not entirely convinced that Uexkull isn't an alien, what with how he survived Cocona's transformation
-No sign of grandma, rip in pieces
-Papika's response to Uexkull right at the start of the episode was pretty golden
-Holy shit, I thought that the people at the testing facility / hospital were like some sort of health sciences division of the hooded people, but I did not expect them to be the hooded people themselves
-Suddenly it makes sense how some pseudoreligious cult has all that machinery and technology available to them
-Looks like Mimi's out to spill some blood chlorophyll
-Is the Grand Wizard Salt's dad
-Real inconspicuous, Hidaka
-So the third kid's name is Nyunyu, and what the fuck is that outfit
-It would seem like the place that Cocona and Papika ended up when the very first flashback about Mimi was triggered was the site of Mimi's prison. It suddenly makes sense why that flashback happened when it did.
-That's a long fuckin time to get promoted to researcher
-Wasn't Salt's back to the testing facility when Mimi turned to him? How'd he end up in the water
-Seeing grown-up Papika is pretty unsettling
-Seems like Salt, Sr. went insane after alpha Papika and Mimi messed with his memories
-Wait no, it wasn't an older Papika that weirded me out, it was a short-haired Papika
-Looks like Salt got some hands-on experimentation with his test subject before she ran away
-I didn't think comparing this show to Evangelion was an accurate thing to do last episode, but after Mimi slammed Salt into the lake...
-Papika breaking down in the middle of the lake was pretty heartbreaking
-That's one ragtag team of misfits at that lodge in the middle of nowhere, and for some reason the Nyu girl decided to join them
-After seeing the Grand Wizard get blasted at by the Pure Illusion, and listening to the way he speaks, it is extremely likely that it's Salt's dad.

So, after looking it up, the place that Papika and Cocona ended up in episode 7 was exactly the site of the test facility, complete with vegetation everywhere, a black lake, and remnants of the test facility's structure. They ended up in the center of the wreckage, so the reason the first Mimi flashback triggered when it did was probably because of that.

Papika even gave Cocona the same wreath of flowers Salt gave to Mimi in episode 10. I actually love how these episodes have clear references back to earlier episodes and things that seemed pretty out of place at the time make sense in the context of the story. This episode referenced episode 7, and episode 10 referenced the end of episode 1. Just like the previous episode, pretty much all of the scenes in this one had a purpose, whether it was for plot development or character development. This is far more than what can be said from some of the episodes in the middle. In any case, this episode hit all the right notes for me, and the past two episodes are easily the best ones in the show.
Dec 16, 2016 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
So that clan was headed by Salt's dad, probably. He lost his sanity when Mimi and Papikana accessed his memory or whatever just like Cocona and Papika went into that senpai's memories. Mimi didn't want to stay in that place anymore so she escaped with Papikana. Salt is probably Cocona's dad because there's no other way to explain Mimi's pregnancy. Mimi wanted to protect Cocona so badly that she lost herself to another Mimi inside her. And that Mimi is causing all this to happen right now. She's the one who confronted Salt and the one Salt wanted to get rid of because that's not the real Mimi.

Papika was hit hard by Cocona/Mimi saying she hates her because it was said by both Mimi and Cocona, both of whom are considered best friends by Papika. So she's down. And Salt requests Yayaka to go save Papika. But the real purpose is to have them go save Cocona from the overprotective mother. Mimi is going from one Pure Illusion world to the other freely to give Cocona the perfect world. And probably as a result the boundary between the world and Pure Illusion is breaking.

And wtf is up with Nyunyu's clothes? And who even is she? Wasn't she about to kill those two? How'd they become friends or whatever? What is she?

While I don't mind all these revelations and stuff, I think they didn't give enough hints for all this before. There were clues, but I think they weren't enough to give this that good feeling of "it all makes sense now."
Dec 16, 2016 4:39 PM

May 2015
Honestly, it can't get any better than this. This episode was really intense. Probably one of the best episodes so far.

Dec 16, 2016 6:47 PM

Mar 2008
Damn, that Yayaka is GAR as fuck,.
Dec 16, 2016 7:04 PM

Apr 2009
First off I love Flip Flappers but something bugged me this episode and I feel I must bring it up. Mimi blames Salt for not protecting Cocona. Which is just stupid imo. She was the one who chose to not tell him she was pregnant. I'm sure if she had told him he would've dropped everything and gone with them. As any good father would have. As he did try to do later on when they were captured again.

Sorry but that part bugged me a little. Just another example of a girl not speaking her mind and then blaming the guy for shit that he didn't even know about am I right guys XDXD
Dec 16, 2016 11:43 PM
Apr 2015
Jaguar-chan said:
Well, that was kind of crazy.

I'll be honest here. I don't find either Mimi or Salt that interesting as characters. They were both given some solid motivations (well, Mimi going entirely crazy and possessing her daughter doesn't really make sense without the context of Pure Illusion) through their backstory depicted here, but that's all that there seems to be. I don't think either were given enough nuance (lack of screentime contributed however it is possible for characters to make an impact or acquire nuance in a short timespan if a writer is skilled enough) to make them likable, relatable, or interesting (which are the three conditions a character must have to be a well-written character in my view). I can't really justify Salt's lack of character depth to be detracting from the overall narrative, however one can say that Mimi is some sort of force-of-nature villain that represents another of one of the challenges Cocona must face in her development towards being an adult (but what Mimi exactly represents other than maybe the having of a an overprotective parent or parents is beyond me).
In many respects, I feel like this episode was setting up the next two. That was true of Episode 10 as well, a lot of it is setup and buildup, and although some shit is going down, it's slowed by them explaining things.

Nyunyu is a random character that doesn't really add anything to anything. Like, what's the point of her being here? I'm trying to come up with various reasons (like maybe to showcase, emphasize, or represent a characteristic of amorphous or Pure Illusion), but I can't really think up anything solid. She's cute and all, but she kind of wastes precious screen time which could be used for more important things.
In a "shit is hitting the fan" situation, characters aren't something to economize. Adding more people that are mostly unrelated makes things feel more hectic, and so does cutting around to different events.

Disappointed with the lack of Cocona's character, Cocona and Papika interactions, and nonsensical and out-there symbolism of coming-of-age tropes and narratives (I mean, this episode was fairly nonsensical and pretty out-there but I don't think there's much here that really symbolizes anything significant) this episode which were, to me, the strongest elements this show had.
First of all, I think that coming of age is a mischaracterization of what the show's about. There isn't necessarily a better term, but that's because this show is doing something that's not exactly like what a hundred other shows have done.
Further, I think there was symbolism. I didn't notice a ton of it, but I suspect that was more because I was too busy being blown away to go and look at art references. And there was a ton of referring back to stuff earlier in the series, which is a kind of symbolism in the work's own internal language.

I'm honestly having a hard time keeping track of all the developments that happened this episode.

So, for me, somewhat disappointing episode.
Man, that gives me the opposite impression. When there's all this stuff that was built up so well and so successful at getting me invested, such a massive amount going on is amazing. It feels like the first time I watched Akira.

VanishingKira said:
So after more or less wasting the first 10 episodes doing nothing now they want to rush the plot for a conclusion with the remaining episodes.

And ofc people will overlook the first 10 episodes and only remember the last 3 and hail this as the best anime ever.
Well, not ten of nothing. Last episode was also this kind of thing. However, you're assuming that people only like what we're getting now for the culmination. The bulk of the series was laid back and artsy, which a lot of people do enjoy even if you don't. And it did the "artsy" thing super well. I considered it the anime of the season before we reached episode 10, and my opinion isn't changing; even though I actually liked the artsy part better something like this is needed to properly finish a series.

aikaflip said:
So much happened in this episode—almost too much. Mimi, who's Cocona's mother, has two personalities; Dr. Salt's father is the cause of all the drama; and now the two worlds are starting to merge. Wild.
I saw a theory that the second personality is her reflection in Pure Illusion, and that Cocona's grandfather went the way he did because he also switched with that reflection, and these are the sort of semi-sentient personifications of the amorphous, like the blonde thing in episode three.

cottonpie said:
The animation is still impressively consistent and I love the idea of Mimi having the ability to manipulate her world seamlessly and she also has power over clovers??
I'm not sure why she can kill people with a meadow of clovers
She's combining part of her pure illusion (we see it when she enters it while escaping from the base, she enters it before going crazy) with the real world. I think.

Grani-smith said:
This is some 2Deep4U material right there.
Seriously? Did you go through the first three quarters of the show just assuming nothing meant anything?

Infatuate said:
So Mimi swapped personalities... with who? With the Mimi of Pure Illusion? Now the real Mimi is with Cocona inside Pure Illusion (which seems to be becoming reality at an accelerated rate).
One way or another, I'm pretty sure she swapped with herself.
Maybe that doesn't bother him.

ThreePercent said:
Her remains are on the pile, turns out she was a robot but you can identify her based on clothing.
-Is the Grand Wizard Salt's dad
Yeah, this doesn't carry over in the translations well (aside from a few words) but the speech pattern is the same.

AnimeGURU475 said:
First off I love Flip Flappers but something bugged me this episode and I feel I must bring it up. Mimi blames Salt for not protecting Cocona. Which is just stupid imo. She was the one who chose to not tell him she was pregnant. I'm sure if she had told him he would've dropped everything and gone with them. As any good father would have. As he did try to do later on when they were captured again.

Sorry but that part bugged me a little. Just another example of a girl not speaking her mind and then blaming the guy for shit that he didn't even know about am I right guys XDXD
I'm pretty sure she meant after that point. Presumably some things happened that we haven't flashed back to yet which resulted in Cocona living life with her robo-granny and Salt watching over her... And then over the course of the show's events, Cocona had a lot of trouble leading up to the end of episode 10 where Cocona is so distressed and endangered that Mimi takes over, signalling Salt's failure.
Dec 17, 2016 4:13 AM

Apr 2013
This series has been doing what I was hoping/expecting of it, which is actually revealing information eventually. I'm glad that it has become an actual story that ties in the first episodes that seemed to be a bit more disjointed at first. However, I'm not a big fan of the kind of story it's becoming. I still enjoy it, but back when there was still more room for speculation as to what things could mean, it was a lot more fun to think about. I think that anyone taking the route of searching for "deeper" meaning and allegories and whatnot will find this whole experience to be highly rewarding, it has a lot to interpret and now that the story is wrapping up, I think it'll create a nice, cohesive whole that will allow people to come to an understanding of the message it's trying to get across. Personally though, I don't like stories like this very much. I'm not interested in giving huge meaning to abstract abilities, and I don't like the kind of drama from revealing past secrets and stuff. I don't like Cocona's mother as a person, I was uninterested in the backstory that has been revealed so far, everything is feeling like it's leading towards characters fulfilling their "destiny" or that this is their "fate" or something. It's hard to put to words what this kind of story is like, but I feel like it's something that's more commonly found in fantasy stories and it doesn't appeal to me as much. I really liked episodes 3 and 5, I feel like I might come back and rewatch just those two every so often. At this point, the only thing that I am really enjoying are Salt's coolness and Yayaka's "hooray I'm a good guy now" thing, because they both seem more grounded in reality than the other characters right now and I guess I just like things that are more like that. Looking forward to the remaining episodes, this has been an overall good anime experience this season.
Dec 17, 2016 4:42 AM

Jul 2015
Cruxador said:
Seriously? Did you go through the first three quarters of the show just assuming nothing meant anything?

Did you really read my post or were you just trying to answer as many people as possible ?

I'm saying that it has many layers, you're being condescendent by implying that i'm turning my brain off or just didn't get the anime.
Dec 17, 2016 6:14 AM

Jun 2016
The last two episodes have been fantastic. After this ends I really want to rewatch this and see if I missed anything earlier.

I'm curious about Papika though. She only regained her memories now, but why is she a kid. Did Mimi do this so that Cocona could have a friend? Cocona did get kidnapped eventually, but I wonder what happened and how it happened in the first place.

Infatuate said:

In an earlier episode, we saw Cocona acting out due to a mask that brought out her hidden anger and worries. Maybe something similar is at play here, only the only desire Mimi had at that time was to protect Cocona and to hell with anyone who tries to take her. It's still Mimi, but only a piece of her since humans are complex and stuff.

ThreePercent said:
-I'm not entirely convinced that Uexkull isn't an alien, what with how he survived Cocona's transformation

Pretty sure grandma was a robot. In the last episode there was a robot with cloths.

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 17, 2016 8:35 AM

Oct 2013
Overall, another great episode! I can't wait for the next two to see how this all ends.

AnimeGURU475 said:

Sorry but that part bugged me a little.

I think she was referring to after she disappeared, Salt failed to protect Cocona by both letting Cocona get captured and letting most of the fragments fall into enemy hands.
Dec 17, 2016 2:10 PM

May 2015
Yeah, this episode did feel a little different considering Cocona was hardly in it. But this rather flashback heavy episode was necessary in order for the the conclusion to make sense in the upcoming episodes. I can't wait to see Papika and Yayaka to work together!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Dec 17, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
VanishingKira said:
So after more or less wasting the first 10 episodes doing nothing now they want to rush the plot for a conclusion with the remaining episodes.

And ofc people will overlook the first 10 episodes and only remember the last 3 and hail this as the best anime ever.

Literally nobody is saying this is the best anime ever, its overlooked by alot of people.

And did you forget that the only reason any of this is happening is because of the collected stones across the entire span of the show? Your tryna pretend zero story happened at all through the show just to fit your comment narrative of shit-talking the last couple episodes for no reason

what a joke of a post LMAO

The story is barely even the reason Flip Flappers is so good anyways, its about as original and inventive as they come and we don't get many shows like this.
Dec 17, 2016 3:07 PM

May 2010
Salt is so damn salty. Then again, he's named Salt for a reason. I don't really like him though. Like. It's your father's damned fault for making Elpis, he should have been ready to face the consequences. But nah, you blamed Mimi. Meh.

Him kneeling before Yayaka for help was nice tho. Tsundere Yayaka too, good.
Dec 17, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2016
So, FliFla is basically Shelter gone worse.

Ok then, carry on.
Dec 18, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
Ummmm... so what is that power even. Its cool as heck and all but she is literally turning people into plants. Nice to know a little more about the mysterious Salt and Mimi but I didn't really get everything, at least I don't feel like I did. And a TON of other really important and serious stuff happened and pure illusion is now mixing with the real world. Two episodes remaining. I look forward to whats next.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 18, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2016
Zjj said:
VanishingKira said:

Literally nobody is saying this is the best anime ever, its overlooked by alot of people.

And did you forget that the only reason any of this is happening is because of the collected stones across the entire span of the show? Your tryna pretend zero story happened at all through the show just to fit your comment narrative of shit-talking the last couple episodes for no reason

what a joke of a post LMAO

The story is barely even the reason Flip Flappers is so good anyways, its about as original and inventive as they come and we don't get many shows like this.

I agree with you completely. This anime is innovative, creative, and fantastic. The story is actually very deep with a lot of hidden nuances and metaphors behind all of the insanity..

I found Mimi's situation fascinating. I wrote a post about the reasons behind her going berserk. Here is the link if anyone is interested:

https://raianimeblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/16/flip-flappers-episode-11-is-coconas-mother-insane-an-analysis-of-pure-illusion-and-its-effect-on-personality/
Dec 19, 2016 1:59 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
Woooow so much happening so very fast! I'd totally predicted Salt was evil too... looks like that theory is out the window. Or... is it?

Dec 19, 2016 3:02 PM

Dec 2016
Glad they explained who Cocona's parent were, I had a feeling it was Mimi & Salt.

Unfortunately Mimi has gone crazy.

Yayaka is gonna go all badass next episode, I hope.
Dec 19, 2016 8:17 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
LilacChild said:
Woooow so much happening so very fast! I'd totally predicted Salt was evil too... looks like that theory is out the window. Or... is it?

I thought the same. He has a very villainous atmosphere around him. But it seems he was a victim aswell and that means he is still on the side from Papika(na) and his daughter Cocona.

Greetz Cyan
Dec 20, 2016 6:05 PM
Nov 2016
Cyanwasserstoff said:
LilacChild said:

I thought the same. He has a very villainous atmosphere around him. But it seems he was a victim aswell and that means he is still on the side from Papika(na) and his daughter Cocona.

Greetz Cyan

While I'm disappointed with how relevant Salt is all of a sudden due to his non-existant buildup at this point, I really have to applaud the writers for not making him into some kinda villain (at least, as of now), when his design screams that he is.
Dec 20, 2016 6:50 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
Cyanwasserstoff said:
LilacChild said:

Greetz Cyan

Mmhmm, I think maybe they wanted people to think he was evil? I mean he was always in the shadows and he's like the only super serious character really :/ Guess they got us. I do like his story though, and he's probably my favorite character now.

Dec 21, 2016 2:15 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

While I'm disappointed with how relevant Salt is all of a sudden due to his non-existant buildup at this point, I really have to applaud the writers for not making him into some kinda villain (at least, as of now), when his design screams that he is.

I love that all the plot important characters get their background. We can understand them by their past and we can also judge them if they have chosen the right path (or not).

LilacChild said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

Greetz Cyan

Mmhmm, I think maybe they wanted people to think he was evil? I mean he was always in the shadows and he's like the only super serious character really :/ Guess they got us. I do like his story though, and he's probably my favorite character now.

Yeah, everything around him was literally screaming : This guy will betray Papika and Cocona (or at least only use them as tool for his own purpose).
CyanwasserstoffDec 21, 2016 5:16 AM
Dec 21, 2016 3:51 PM

Nov 2014
Not sure what to make of this show. This episode was the best one in a while, I enjoyed how they explained the setting - though all this came a bit late. I'm honestly sick of the melodrama between Papika and Cocona. We've been repeating the same pattern over and over and over again and we keep falling back to it. I appreciate the dynamic but we have gotten so little progress it's paining me!

Regardless, this show has been a fun watch, even if I don't like how the characters have been written. It's looking like this show is going to land in a 7 for me, which is shame, because it could have been a 8 or even a 9 maybe.
Dec 22, 2016 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
The plot has yet again reached a new low in how stupid it could possibly get. Absolute garbage. This show was a mistake. By far the dumbest episode I've seen this year.
:3
Dec 24, 2016 12:28 PM

Dec 2015
5/5 !!

I'm so ashamed to love this denatured show.

ashtherobot said:
While I enjoyed these past few episodes I'm going to be honest.

I wish this show stayed the silly nonsensical show it initially was and didn't try so hard to bring meaning to everything in the end. I honestly had more fun with this series when it was just random crap happening every episode. I don't find the more serious elements very interesting.

also this episode isn't as visually interesting as past episodes. I wanted this show to go in a more FLCL route where it's just a fun series that doesn't necessarily make sense

Tnis is the difference between an (at least apparently) well structured and thought series and something who looks like it started only with a concept then decided to have anothher string to its bow by implementing a ordered scenario
Rei_IIIDec 24, 2016 12:31 PM
Dec 25, 2016 7:08 PM

Oct 2008
This episode was so EPIC! especially the OST used!
Mimi is bad news after all!
Salt couldn't do his job after all.
That a lot of info dump backstory of young Salt, Mimi and un-aging Papika!
Insert song of ZAQ was great also!
The whole situation has become grave enough that the real world is getting affected with Mimi's Pure Illusion which is self sustaining!
Salt definitely needs Yayaka's help in-order for Papika to finally deal with Mimi and save Cocona.
5/5!

Dec 27, 2016 10:07 AM

Jul 2009
So Cocona is Salt's daughter... and Mimi got crazy in the past...
Dec 27, 2016 3:18 PM

Jan 2013
Only a few questions left, best episode yet.
Dec 28, 2016 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
Goddamn, what a wonderful episode!
Dec 31, 2016 6:04 PM

Feb 2013
So... Salt is Cocona's dad? Still need an explanation on Papika's age... I'm guessing she went with Mimi to Pure Illusion and didn't age while trapped there or something.

Awesome episode!
Dec 31, 2016 11:10 PM

May 2015
alpha_shadow said:
The plot has yet again reached a new low in how stupid it could possibly get. Absolute garbage. This show was a mistake. By far the dumbest episode I've seen this year.

You're the mistake.

Jan 4, 2017 12:21 AM

Jun 2013
YES. This show is off the rails and I love it. I feel the inspiration from so many different sources, but it uses them well.
Jan 5, 2017 10:58 AM

May 2012
This show is damn dark I must say! Totally impressive backstory and character development but damn dark! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jan 7, 2017 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
With this episode, I'm convinced that Salt is the most useless character in the show. At least for me. Even Nyunyu has entertainment value. She was fun to watch. Salt? He blabbers a few incomprehensible lines, acts all cold and harsh and now we know that he's Cocona's father? We know nothing of what he's done to correct things or what he's done to help Cocona. Is he even trying to help her?

Also, the first thing he did when Mimi came out to play in Cocona's body is to kill her(or them both if he had managed to shoot her). Wtf dude! She had to pick this route because back then, you were damn useless. In the first place, you even blame her for your psycho dad and now you had the guts to say she shouldn't have done all this? Wow. Just, wow. I just hope I don't have to see him on screen again.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I really love the show. I haven't had this much fun watching a show in quite a while. Especially the interaction between cocona and papika. They're the best.
ArcxivJan 7, 2017 8:53 PM
Jan 14, 2017 5:25 PM
Apr 2014
so assuming Cocona and her mother share the same body right now (that's what it looked like at least) what happened in the past to lead to this? I hope they tell us what the fuck is going on... Seriously why did they have to leave the most important part out -.- What happened after Mimi lost control during their escape -.-

Also doesn't this mean Salt is Cocona's father? Who else could it be? Please don't let this be some Jesus-like bullshit... And I guess it also means Papika is in her thirties or at least almost 30.

Anyway. This just went even deeper into the crazy zone with this episode.
Jan 18, 2017 6:18 AM

Mar 2015
And so the past is revealed!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 21, 2017 11:05 PM

Apr 2013
The mother is bad news! Really, really bad news!!
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Feb 20, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
Holy shit that was an intense episode! Everything was crazy and it turns that Mimi is the main enemy.
Mar 17, 2017 4:15 PM

Feb 2015
So this is where the plot really steps up, focuses on a big climactic arc instead of the episodic exploration of Pure Illusion. A lot happened, it just played out really well. Mimi just wants to keep Cocona forever, of course this isn't what Cocona would truly want. So it's incredibly cute that Yayaka and Papika are going to work together to save her from the mother she's always wanted to meet. Just going to keep going!!
Mar 21, 2018 8:48 PM

Jun 2015
the music when they were escaping was really amazing
Oct 16, 2018 12:12 AM

Nov 2013
I really want to know how Mimi was able to take control of Cocona. I imagine it had to involve seeing her in Cocona's dreams.

That priest gave me a good lol. "SUBARASHIIII~"

I'm wondering how Mimi gained those powers. It seems she's able to manipulate Pure Illusion in the real world somehow, but I'm drawing blanks.

I feel dumb for not realizing that Cocona was Salt's daughter during the episode.

Awesome OST this episode, especially when Mimi was fighting Salt.

Pure Illusion is beginning to leak into reality; shit has officially hit the fan.

Should be interesting seeing Papika and Yayaka working together.

Anyone find it weird how Papika seemingly hasn't aged at all? I smell a plot twist incoming.

Great episode with a lot of intriguing revelations. I'm worried this anime won't be able to tie up all the loose ends with only 2 episodes left however. 9/10

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

191 by Touka »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2016

213 by Puncheon »»
Sep 11, 2:44 AM

» Flip Flappers Taken Off of HiDive!

Pish_Posh - Dec 3, 2023

3 by Bastodon »»
May 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

142 by Touka »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

143 by Touka »»
Sep 26, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.