Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2018 7:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm really glad to see the Kawamoto sisters again. They almost always brighten up the mood of this show. Yum. flour dumplings...

Definitely had a more cheerier mood compared to some of the previous episodes after the intense shogi battles. Nice to see a bit of focus on Takagi and her sensei this episode too.
Stark700Mar 17, 2018 7:21 AM
Mar 17, 2018 9:10 AM
Jan 2013
That was one beautiful chapter, really liked the atmosphere of the whole story <3
I like it when I watched an episode without any judgement and just enjoyed it. Hina and family are always fun to watch, the teacher and bully interaction was also fine. There is so many life lessons to be learnt.
kamuishoMar 17, 2018 5:40 PM
Mar 17, 2018 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
Good to see the girls and Chiho again.

The new teacher looks like a pain in the ass.

Mar 17, 2018 10:17 AM

Dec 2014
That was beautiful.

I teared up as Hina narrated the events of her going to meet Chiyo again. All the hard work Hina did paid off but while Chiyo is still recovering at least things are looking brighter for her. :(

Watching the Kawamoto family sell out during the festival was great, I loved all the parts where they had stars in their eyes. Grandpa got really into it at the end, he cracks me up most of the time. xD
That moment when grandpa reflected on the past with their grandma and the girl's mother selling food at the festival was really emotional.
"It's alright, they're doing a great job." T.T

The new teacher doesn't seem like a big improvement from the previous one but let's wait and see what he does.

Kokubu's final piece of advice to Takagi was great, the reason's she's so empty is because she's afraid of learning where she stands in the world.

The last scene with Akari looking at Hina's drawings was really sweet. <3
Mar 17, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2016
Cute cooking session at the beginning and yeah,even the cheap Matcha available in most drugstores or bio supermarkets are pricey af.

And nice to see Chiho again,but she's still suffering due to the bullying :S Hope she's overcoming her trauma soon.That was an emotional segment for.
But the worst part is that Takagi still doesn't feel a thing about what she did,gosh I hate her and her mom :@ However, I would like to see some kind of development for her too,sensei gave her already a good hint.Kokobu truly one of the best characters.

Festival was another great part,loved the calm atmosphere,it made me a bit sentimental and the comedy when the ran out of ingredients was also fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 17, 2018 10:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Akari and Hina sure have a tough job deciding on what to sell at the festival. Momo's determination is scary though. Its nice that their resulting idea was accepted though. Hina and Chiho finally had the chance to meet up as they arranged huh. It will take time but i hope that Chiho will be able to recover to how she was in the past. But Hina's determination as a result is strong. Nice to see Rei also came to help as well. For their first ever time at the festival they really did pretty well. Seems that Hina's class's troubles caused them to develop quite a reputation. Megumi's problem though is a difficult one though. A fun and funny episode this time but still an enjoyable one. It was nice to see the sisters again too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2018 10:50 AM

Jun 2015
I'm really happy to see the Kawamoto sisters again. I teared up when Hina was narrating their time with Chiho. She's still suffering from the bullying :( I hope she overcomes it. The sisters did a very good job selling those dumplings. I truly dislike seeing Takagi because of her not taking responsibility for her actions. Kokubu's advice to her was great.
Mar 17, 2018 10:58 AM
Sep 2015
I feel 'disconnected' to this episode, don't know if it's due to sudden change of pace.
Anyway, it's nice to see Takahashi grow into nice young man. I always have a weak spot for sportclub guy.
Mar 17, 2018 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
I swear to god if some shit happens to Hinata's class because of this new bitch ass teacher ima be pissed.
Mar 17, 2018 11:14 AM

Sep 2015
Dat Virgin Killer Sweater that Akari was wearing on the end card tho...
Mar 17, 2018 11:34 AM
Mar 2015
It was nice to see Chiho fighting. Takagi needs to take Sensei's advice. Glad the festival inspired Hina. Love Akari's naked apron in the endcard. Rei looked really cool there
Mar 17, 2018 12:06 PM

Jul 2013
Loved to see the Kawamoto family after so long, though it pains me seeing Chiho in that state (understandably considering her circunstances). Thankfully, we got some sweet moments between the Kawamotos later, including some flashback of the mother and grandmother of the sisters.

I liked the advice Kokubu-sensei gave to Takagi, this series has some really cool teachers (not all of them, of course). As much of an awful person she is, maybe (maybe), in the future, if Takagi follows the advice, she can improve into someone better.

Rei looked swole as heck in the end card, btw.
Mar 17, 2018 12:25 PM

Jan 2015
Illyricus said:
Loved to see the Kawamoto family after so long, though it pains me seeing Chiho in that state (understandably considering her circunstances). Thankfully, we got some sweet moments between the Kawamotos later, including some flashback of the mother and grandmother of the sisters.

I liked the advice Kokubu-sensei gave to Takagi, this series has some really cool teachers (not all of them, of course). As much of an awful person she is, maybe (maybe), in the future, if Takagi follows the advice, she can improve into someone better.

Rei looked swole as heck in the end card, btw.

Haha, I usually skip them, but that Rei Swolo :D

This series are just too good. Like every minute of it in every episode.
Mar 17, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2014
Didn't ever imagine the bullying left a deep scar in Chiho. Really sympathy the situation she's in.
Mar 17, 2018 3:02 PM

Dec 2012
Fantastic & beautiful episode. Great to see the Kawamoto sisters again.

Those rice flour dumplings looks so good.

Glad Hina was able to see Chiho again, although she still needs time to heal.

Rei helping out with the store was so lovely. Love how he is becoming part of the familiy more.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 17, 2018 3:50 PM
Mar 2016
Great episode, great art as usual, and the music on this one were nice and calming. Good to see that Hina's arc is wrapped up very well like the manga, although I still prefer the anime art style to the manga. Akari on the end card though...
Mar 17, 2018 4:19 PM

Apr 2016
Draconix814 said:
Dat Virgin Killer Sweater that Akari was wearing on the end card tho...

The endcard we never knew we wanted and didn't deserve
Mar 17, 2018 5:03 PM

Oct 2015
No shogi in this ep, but it was okay I guess. I'm glad Chiho is doing okay although she is still jumpy but I can't blame her after that ordeal, she's still recovery. As for the antagonist Takagi, she's the same as always with that I don't give a fudge attitude( she's pretty though I must admit).

I hope this is the last time we'll visit the Chiho x Takagi incident, because that titty has been sucked enough already.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 17, 2018 5:23 PM

Apr 2016
the waifu Akari is finally back <3 I was smiling pretty much the whole episode, so sweet and wholesome <3
Mar 17, 2018 7:04 PM
Mar 2016
honestly
after NHK made San Gatsu take a break for Winter Olympic
make me difficult to build mood for watching San Gatsu no Lion :|
plus at first time not a fans of shaft art

hmm finisher arc is summer vacation?
NdanHMMar 17, 2018 7:10 PM
Mar 17, 2018 7:17 PM

Jun 2014
I liked this relatively lighthearted episode, and it was nice to see the sisters again.

That bully still doesn't care about what she did to Chiho (who I'm glad to see is doing a bit better), but I liked Kokubu's conversation with her. Maybe that could be the start to her becoming a better person.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Mar 17, 2018 7:50 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode again, it was calm one but also bit darker at the edges (Hina and Takagi parts). I really wonder how this gets resolved.

Anyway, the festival part was great and sisters too. For a sec, I wondered if their grandad wants to stop working at the shop (leaving, dying even) as he already tought them everything and they surpassed him but then the episode showed how similiar he is to Yanagihara, never stop doing his best no matter his age. Still, it kinda lingers around and I bet the future has this even in store too.

So Hina has talent at drawing, she's pretty good! I wonder if she still loves that tall boy who walked in or if she's more for Kiriyama.. we'll see. And Rei should get his butt in there and finally start living with them for real. But man, his attitude is now all different when compared to the first series, nice developement.
Mar 18, 2018 6:12 AM

Sep 2014
Yes the sisters are back!

What is not to love about this anime? the way they focus on side characters dealing with side characters is just amazing.The advice the teacher gave was pretty solid. Not giving your best because you fear to reach your limits is a serious issue.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 18, 2018 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
Decent episode, but it felt like a real mishmash of everything this second season has touched on, so it was hard to properly focus in on any single element. Saying that, it was nice to see Kiriyama back with the Kawamotos again for the first time in a while, and other than that I'm curious about how things are going to progress with this new homeroom teacher, as from what we've seen so far he does not seem up to the job at all.
Mar 18, 2018 9:00 AM

Sep 2017
Really nice chill episode after the last couple. Always love to see the Kawamoto sisters enjoying their lives. Head teacher sensei continues to just be a badass dude. I wonder how much of this new teach we'll end up seeing.
Mar 18, 2018 9:18 AM

Aug 2014
does anyone know the name of the ost when the teacher (komigawa) freaked out?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 18, 2018 11:55 AM

Sep 2010
cute episode

I wonder if we'll get to see more of Rei's sister this season - am interested in her storyline
Mar 18, 2018 1:32 PM

Sep 2012
teacher advice was good but i don't know whether junior high student would be able to comprehend that completely. dont care about that bully tho.
Mar 18, 2018 2:32 PM

Feb 2014
After the intensity that the last two episodes gave from the shogi match, this episode was a lot more chill. The Kawamoto sisters are back and their dumpling making segment was really relaxing and cheerful. =)

It wasn't all rosy though. Hina and Akari made the trip to see Chiho for the first time since she moved away and both Hina and Chiho got along extremely well. The puppies that glomped on both of them was incredibly cute! =3

However, Chiho hasn't made a full recovery, as showed with her staring away into nothing that made Hina concerned. Chiho's third step, to make friends with kids her age, is proving to be tough on her, since anytime she sees someone that looks the age as her, her mind wanders back to when she got bullied. Just thinking about all of this made me tear up. With that in mind, I hope that she'll made a full recovery soon.

The head teacher's not having much luck with finding a permanent replacement to teach class 3-A, but his words to Takagi was very thoughtful and truthful. If Takagi realises, one day, about her anxiety problems and has the motivation to deal with it properly, then I hope it'll put her down the road to becoming a better person.

The ending card surprised me quite a bit. Hina has dressed up like D-VA, Akari has gone for that sexy sweater, showing her nude back, and Rei has gone all GAR. One word comes to my mind about this art card.......perfection! ^_^
Mar 18, 2018 3:07 PM

May 2015
Yay girls back! :) And that bitach Takagi too. ;((

Also on the ending card Hina (kinda) looks like Dva from Overwatch. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 18, 2018 4:08 PM

Dec 2015
Those sweets hmmm look sooo delicious
So chiho is still traumatized . I wonder when i get to see kyouko again or maybe not.
I hate how there’s so many shitty teacher in that school . No one show the same or close dignity to the headteacher
Mar 18, 2018 7:21 PM

Feb 2015
Adorable! It's so nice to see the sisters again. It seems we're treading back over the themes of Hina's arc, which is good because it didn't yet have what felt like a full conclusion. It seems next episode will be similar.

One thing I want out of these last few episodes is some more focus on Rei. Maybe some more stuff based at his school, and just on how he's getting on. Maybe get another appearence from Kyouko (idk if she's coming back in a future arc for a possible third season). Just to tread over some stuff from the first season would be nice.

But still, this episode has been great. The festival and all the sweets were super cute. But we also saw the bully girl still with a problematic temperament and Chiyo still visibly damaged - they did go back over the dark themes from Hina's arc. It was interesting to see these things are still not forgotten, as of course things don't just suddenly go away just because Hina is feeling better. That's not how it works, and they understand that.
Mar 19, 2018 8:16 AM

Sep 2015
I think those episodes os Sangatsu no Lion where they just let the time pass are the most beautiful!

I llke the attitude of the new teacher and how he thinks Takagi need to pay for what she did at any cost, but this kind of decision doesn't seems like will make the situation any better for the people she hurted and the rest of the class.

As a spectator i would be glad with some beatings, but this bitch deserve the RIGHT punishment which at this point none of them know what it is.
Mar 19, 2018 1:44 PM

Feb 2007
Swagernator said:
The new teacher looks like a pain in the ass.

Eh, he's not that bad. Feeling a bit out of his depth having to handle Godzilla and her daughter at such a difficult time of the year and as a pretty new teacher himself, but unlike their previous teacher he doesn't ignore the problem and would rather actually punish the guilty party. The head teacher's approach of trying to reason with the bully and make her understand what she did wrong is superior, of course, and I hope he can help the newbie realize why this is better, if only to keep her from causing such problems again in the next school, but at the very least the new guy does actually care about what is going on in the class, even if he doesn't quite yet have the experience to deal with it as well as his senior colleague.
Mar 19, 2018 3:06 PM

Feb 2008
Deep roots of bullying linger. However, it seems that Kokubu made a great leap towards uprooting their origin. That man has an excellent insight. Or is he speaking from personal experience?

The Kawamoto household's affairs did not disappoint either. Their ongoings were particularly sweet this week.
Mar 19, 2018 5:34 PM

Jul 2016
Cooking session is really comfy. Glad to see the Kawamoto sisters back on screen. That sensei gave a wonderful advice to Takagi, though I wonder will that change her, well I hope so.
Mar 20, 2018 3:56 AM

May 2016
Lovely episode, it was so great to see Chiho again poor girl she is still fighting against hardships of life.

I'm so glad the festival went so well for Kawamoto family, this episode was full of wonderful warm feelings of joy and sorrow 5/5
Mar 21, 2018 6:14 AM

Oct 2008
Another fun and enjoyable episode with the Kawamoto sisters!
Their food stand sweets were a sales blast! Kiriyama was a big help as well!
gramps is the taste tester nice!
It was nice as well that Hina visited Chiho!
Takahashi got taller! nice another good friend of them!
Here we go again with Takagi's major issue!
Class 3-A now have a new assigned Homeroom teacher! Komigawa! I hope that new teacher will do justice and not be a wimpy scaredy teacher!
Everytime we see Takagi, there's always a dark negative aura emanating around her!
Looks like she's still gonna be cancer after all! she can't be fixed after all!
5/5.

Mar 21, 2018 5:01 PM

Sep 2012
Really loved the new homerun teacher and his requiem to the class. Hope he doesn't disappoint C:<
Mar 22, 2018 1:07 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
When both sisters started to preparing the flavour balls for the festival was amazing how the colours arrive at the screen, although not the taste!!! kekeke
Mar 22, 2018 8:34 PM

Jul 2009
This show always delivers. First we get some sweetness with the (literal) sweets and selling - so cute! I wonder if that dango recipe works ... maybe I'll try it XD Well but that means buying all that stuff ... >_< Even Rei got roped in to helping, and I couldn't help but notice he was included as part of the family ;3 Seeing Hina visit Chiho was nice too. Re-visiting Takagi and the teacher and their meetings was a bit of a surprise, but not an unwelcome one. Seems as though that teacher spoke pretty frankly to her and what he said about being afraid of disappointment is true enough, but also how you have to be okay with that to find what you want to do. Surely Hina's found her calling, and well I hope that I can find mine too ... lol :P Also seeing their grandma and mom was nice! This is the first time they've appeared "in person" huh :O
Mar 23, 2018 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
seriously my only motivation to watch this show is kawamoto sisters... really great episode...3 to go
Mar 26, 2018 4:38 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode again. This was really cute and comfy to watch.
Mar 28, 2018 5:38 AM

Jul 2008
Any episode with Momo is a good episode.
Mar 31, 2018 6:18 PM

Dec 2015
I'm curious what's going to happen with Takagi...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 3, 2018 11:48 PM

Dec 2014
I still think about about how people were being bullied in my school and I could have done something about and didn't.

Seeing Chiho TRYING to do better makes me happy.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Apr 18, 2018 11:15 PM

Oct 2013
Wow this anime is such a powerful motivator for me to push on through my adversities in life. It's a legitimate question though: why do we push forward and what's the point in giving full effort? Honestly, just as the head teacher insists, there isn't really a defined answer, but I think it's definitely the experiences in life after giving that effort that makes all the difference. Life is such a cruel but beautiful thing. In fact, the beauty only arises because of the pain and cruelty. Mentioned in a previous episode, it's the effort that makes the difference and not necessarily the result.
Aug 9, 2018 9:39 PM

May 2012
Lovely first part I must say, you could really see the lovely family that they make! The story about Chiho was a bit sad as well but at least she now has some way to try to get better.

Interesting ending as well... but I just hope the bully won't start again. Let's see what's next though.
Aug 23, 2018 2:55 AM

Mar 2015
I love the whole festival bit, so quaint!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 10, 2018 5:52 PM

Apr 2015
I still can't get over the fact that middle school girls managed to basically give another one of their own PTSD. That's a surprisingly fucked up matter to bring up in the middle of a pretty light-hearted episode.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

255 by aurora_yuuki »»
Sep 15, 9:58 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

92 by desert_Iven »»
Aug 4, 4:08 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2018

200 by chocomayu »»
Aug 3, 6:12 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

108 by Remlz_77 »»
Jul 30, 7:58 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

128 by chocomayu »»
Jul 24, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.