Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 22, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this show is pretty much over now. I kinda found this episode redundant as the previous one felt more like a finale.

Kasumi and her band is able to perform one final time, which is quite fitting in this show.
Apr 22, 2017 7:35 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with the girls of Poppin' Party finally making their SPACE debut as the venue's final performance. They even managed to get that hardass owner to applaud them! XD Pretty damn adorable and uplifting finale. Good job girls! XD Overall a good show I'd say. It turned out to be a smaller scoped series than I expected. I was sure the girls would help keep SPACE opened through their popularity but they barely managed to get good enough to play there at all by the end. For a CGDCT show though small scope ain't bad. The series did drag a bit in the middle around Saya's arc, but it recovered. Nothing particularly groundbreaking or original for the girls start a band genre...aside from perhaps the star pupil eyes(which I did like btw), but certainly enjoyable enough. All the girls were likeable, yes even Arisa, and easy to root for. And did I mention adorable? XD It was mostly a very comfy watch. Would definitely check out more if it came. Solid 7/10. :)
animefan8800Apr 22, 2017 7:45 AM
Apr 22, 2017 8:15 AM

Mar 2012
This episode have everything that I hope for for this series. We have Roselia cameo(Overlord Ako), couple of good background song that might come to the game and actual song from PoPiPa that they release to the game plus a little lyric from SUN SUN SEVEN as a huddle.

I would forgive them for using clip show because they are using full song at the end instead of the usual short version.

Man I just really love this. Hopefully in the OVA they will go to CiRCLE and we will get to see PasPale, HHW, and Afterglow plus more of Roselia of course.

This is like the beginning of journey for PoPiPa and I sincerely hope the journey won't end here. Please Bushiroad I need more of them.

I just love this so it's 9/10 for me.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 22, 2017 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty fitting finale to this show and it was a good one at that.

Glad to see the girls finally perform at Space and it was a wonderful performance indeed. I loved the Popipa group cheer, it was pretty funny. xD
Loved how the girls families came to cheer them on.

Overall, it was a good show, I really enjoyed it. Felt a little reminiscent of Love Live when it started but i can't say it was as good or as charming as Love Live for me. Needless to say it was still adorable and enjoyable in it's own way. All the girls were great and their interactions were pretty fun to watch, loved how the girls worked their way up from nothing to playing at Space. Sadly though, for a show centered around music, I didn't really find any of the songs particularly striking apart from the ED. Not to say that they were bad but they didn't really have a lasting appeal on me I guess.

8/10 , Despite my comparison I still thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to see more. Also I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how this franchise is doing in Japan.
Apr 22, 2017 9:10 AM

Dec 2016
And with this show ending, the winter season also comes to an end......

I liked it, the girls were very cute and funny, hoping for a second season!

Po Pi, Pa!!!
Pi Po, Pa!!!
Po Pi Pa Pa Pi Po, Pa!!!!!!!

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Apr 22, 2017 10:01 AM

Oct 2012
Really cute show. I don't know though, I felt the end was a bit anticlimactic. That last song was pretty good but I don't understand why the subbers didn't translate it. It's not like it was a background song it was what they worked 13 episodes to build to.
Apr 22, 2017 1:16 PM

Apr 2012
POPIPA PIPOPA
PAPIPUPOPIPIPOPAPUPOPOPAPIPUPAPAPIPUPOPAPUPUPAPOPIPUPAPAPOPIPAPOPUPA
Apr 22, 2017 2:07 PM
Jan 2016
arisa is the best girl.
Apr 22, 2017 2:10 PM

Sep 2016
arisa is the only reason this is on my complete list
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 22, 2017 3:09 PM

Dec 2014
I found this anime to be lacking from start to end. The characters (aside from Tae) are interesting, and I really liked Saaya's part of the story; but overall I found BangDream rather boring. If they ever do a second season I hope they let us hear more songs; because aside from half a season of twinkle twinkle there was almost nothing to listen to for a music anime.

6/10 show (mostly for Arisa)
Apr 22, 2017 4:48 PM
Jan 2014
Well this was definitely the worst show of winter 2017 for me.

Everything about it was just so flat and derivative. It was clearly meant to emulate Love Live, but without even an ounce of the charm, passion, or technical competence present in Love Live.

I've been watching LL Sunshine recently, and there's such a stark contrast in quality between the two. With 9 main girls, all of them are likable and unique with their own quirks and charms. With Bang Dream, we have generic genki girl, generic shy girl, blonde tsundere, and the other two are so flat that the most descriptive thing I can say about them is that they exist. I'd often completely forget about these characters between episodes, and not know who they were the week after.

Every episode felt like an eternity. I'd feel like the episode must be over soon, so I'd move my mouse down to the scrollbar, and see that I was only 8 minutes through. This would happen every week, sometimes multiple times in the same episode.

Most of the drama was heavy-handed and didn't make much sense to me. Why was the old woman such a bitch all the time to everybody for seemingly no reason? Why would a bitter person like that who can't act pleasant to other people bother running a business that heavily involves around making human connections? Are there really so many girl bands in the area that she could afford to be enough of a bitch that realistically she'd drive away a lot of them and still remain in business? This whole character and everything surrounding her was just far too stupid for me to suspend my disbelief.

Overall the series was just a Wal-Mart bargain bin version of Love Live. I honestly believe that you could skip to any random point of any Love Live episode, watch one full minute, then do the exact same thing in Bang Dream, and see an enormous difference in quality between the two. I regret watching it, and am a little irked that it will probably get a second season regardless.
Apr 22, 2017 5:19 PM

Jun 2013
No dont be over!! I need more Kasumi in my life!!!!!
I need season two!!!
9/10
Apr 22, 2017 5:19 PM

May 2015
It was cute and all, but this show just didn't do it for me in the end.

5/10.

Apr 22, 2017 7:36 PM

Oct 2015
This was an okay series overall and I liked their last song more than the previous ones it feels like their voices improved on that one. But overall it lacked impact to make itself stick to me and nothing really did stood out from the show but it was pretty okay to watch. 5/10 for me
Apr 22, 2017 7:44 PM

Sep 2013
This was a really good show, I hope they do more of it in the future, I also liked the music.
OriharaShinraAug 19, 2017 12:06 PM
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Apr 22, 2017 8:13 PM

Dec 2014
I was so excited when this first started airing but got bored of it really quickly. If I wasn't bored than I was frustrated at the drama that just made me want to quit watching. This show was just a bunch of things that other shows have done better. It didn't have anything that made it unique or memorable at all. I'm going to have forgotten I've watched this come next week.

4/10
Apr 22, 2017 8:25 PM

Dec 2016
I felt the sadness everyone else felt for the last day of Space.

Poppin'Party had a great song.

I thought it was the perfect ending for this show.

I enjoyed this anime.
Apr 22, 2017 8:42 PM

Oct 2012
The chant was cute, and as always I just love the chemistry in PoPiPa.
The talk on stage before the performance seemed oddly out of place, as I didn't notice the previous bands doing anything like that, but eh it happened in LL Sunshine too and it's not all that rare for a show to do that kind of thing.
CG was very off putting, might have been better to not use it though I suspect it was to save costs. I didn't mind it though, I've seen worse CG before, like in Hand Shakers and Tsuki ga Kirei (though I'm loving the heck out of it otherwise). Music was decent, I hope to find some nice songs from the rhythm game.

The drama and developments certainly were formulaic, by-the-book and at times cliched, but for some reason I really can't bring myself to dislike the show at all. I found it fun to watch, owing entirely to the fun interactions between all the girls in Poppin' Party. Sad to see it go, and while I doubt it'll get a season two, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to one
gust11Apr 22, 2017 8:45 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 22, 2017 9:18 PM

Jun 2014
Loved seeing the girls of Poppin' Party finally performing at SPACE! Overall I definitely saw the growth of the characters, and of their band. Their music was fun and enjoyable!

This was a fitting ending! The Winter season has officially been completed. I really enjoyed this anime and would love to see a second season someday!

Overall this was an 8.5/10, so a 9/10 on MAL!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Apr 23, 2017 12:21 AM

Mar 2012
Meh, K-on! did it better.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 23, 2017 12:32 AM

Dec 2013
Wowwee. This anime blew so hard. It had nice characters but ended up being a half ass Love-Live + K-on mix of anime. Not sure what they could've done better but this was a snoozefest and finished only for the cute girls doing cute music lmfao

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 23, 2017 3:53 AM

Apr 2012
Pretty okay show. 7/10 because Arisa is love.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 23, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2011
It was okay. I had fun. The characters are likable... Kasumi being genki was fun and hit with the feels near the end, Arisa is fun....fun to tease, O-Tae's cool. An airhead but cool. Really likable. And Saya is okay too. Rimi was the least likable. Their song was meh. I like the song last episode.
Apr 23, 2017 6:59 AM

Jan 2013
everything about this Love Live-style K-On wannabe felt forced.
the humor is forced, the drama is forced, the sympathy is forced which caused me to hate Twinkle twinkle Little Star, Arisa's tsun character felt forced, Space getting ready to close outta nowhere was forced, Kasumi forcing everyone to do what she wants in the beginning, even random girl doing a Jojo pose was forced. oh and that rally cry was annoying

if Bushiroad wanted to create a girl band boom...well K-On set the bar really high, Show by Rock tried but actually did something different...this did nothing but come off as just another LL and it could've been executed better...alot better
Apr 23, 2017 8:04 AM
Nov 2015
With the final episode, I didn't feel much feelings to be honest. The story itself ended on a good note. And I hope Season 2 (Which is likely possible due to Bushiroad providing funding) will have a more serious story.
Apr 23, 2017 8:01 PM

Mar 2008
With the incredibly average first episode I wasn't sure how this show would be going forward but I did end up liking it in the end even if it was basically K-ON! Still can't get behind the CGI used for performances, it's so stiff at times they move like animatronics, especially at the end when they all raise their arms up in unison like they did. Still can't forgive that earlier performance in the series where they gave up midway through the song and just did still frames.

We did get some insight into our characters a bit, some interesting personal dramas mostly around Saaya perhaps nothing too ground breaking but enough to set it apart.

Never did get a real explanation on why Space is closing down other than to set a milestone for our characters to reach quickly at the end. I'd put K-ON above Bang Dream any day but I wouldn't outright dismiss it as a poor man's K-ON either. 7/10
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Apr 23, 2017 11:16 PM

Jul 2014
It's finally over and I must say that I really enjoyed this show. The interactions between the girls were fun to watch, I loved Arisa, Kasumi's genki personality was really funny and Otae was Otae and I liked xD

Hoping for a second season, I want more of Poppin' Party.
Apr 24, 2017 4:11 AM

Dec 2012
It's over, it was a nice finale with several songs. The full song of Poppin's Party was catchy, I hope the group continues to work on other songs.

Bang Dream was a good anime, nothing great, but all the girls were nice. Kasumi was so energetic and Otae were really funny :D. I also liked Arisa, the tsundere. I will miss them.

Kirakira!

Apr 24, 2017 4:24 AM
Apr 2015
I'm glad I picked up this show. Sure it does not hold a candle against μ's and the original Love Live series, but I'm thankful it's watchable and the characters are actually making me cheer for them compared to the abomination known as Love Live Sunshine. I really appreciate how this franchise gets PoPiPa and the other bands (ingame mostly) from scratch. It felt more "zero to one" than Aqours and the Sunshine project any day. I also got to appreciate the franchise more through the game.

There might have been some poor animation throughout the series, but I believe that will get fixed as the franchise gets popularity and budget increases. I can't wait for season 2, CiRCLE, and the other bands to have a more prominent role in this series.
Apr 26, 2017 9:55 AM

Aug 2014
Nothing really special in Bang Dream as it is like a mixture of K-on and Love Live.

But i personally feel that characters in Bang Dream are better done compare to characters in Love Live Season One, especially Arisa who makes this show vivid, together with Otae that kinda special, funny and elegant to me.

Though the story may not be creative enough, and the art is spoilt sometimes, Bang Dream is still unique in its way. It is good anime that i give 9/10.
Apr 27, 2017 2:13 PM

May 2015
Cute anime and satisfaying finale.

Kinda fun to watch, I'm glad that I have discovered Poppin' Party, another Idols group ending in my playlist.

Farewell.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2017 4:51 PM

Jun 2011
The CG didn't bother me or stop me from enjoying the show too much. show is 7/10 for me. I just enjoyed myself a lot during this series.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 28, 2017 12:00 AM

Mar 2009
Imbalanced said:
Cute anime and satisfaying finale.

Kinda fun to watch, I'm glad that I have discovered Poppin' Party, another Idols group ending in my playlist.

Farewell.

;__;

Overall, really cute show. I hope this gets another season.
Apr 29, 2017 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
It was fun, too bad we could not see Glitter Green's last performance on Space, that would be cool. One thing I didn't like it's the animation during the songs...

7/10
May 14, 2017 8:42 AM

Oct 2008
WOW! that was a great performance!
is there any sequel?
this show is one of the good musical band shows! not at the level of k-on but still a thumbs-up for me!
5/5.
7/10.

May 14, 2017 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
5/10, nothing special. I don't even know what else I could write. Majority of episodes felt rather like 40 min, which is not a good sign considering that this series has 20min per episode.
rsc-plMay 14, 2017 1:46 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 15, 2017 9:42 AM
Jul 2008
Somehow I like Glitter Green more than Poppin Party. I think it will be better if they did the show like Show By Rock. Focusing on multiple bands instead of one.

Overall it's a good series, the only bad thing is we don't know why the owner chose to close the studio. Seeing that a lot of people came there, it seems not a financial problem.
Nov 28, 2017 12:26 PM

Aug 2016
If I didn't like Arisa I probably would've dropped this a couple episodes in. Everything about it was okay at best, even the music wasn't thaaat great. Arisa is best grill confirmed.

Guess the CGI wasn't a pain in the ass to look at but that's it.
Jan 2, 2019 2:32 PM

Oct 2015
So really there was no saving space?! I kinda liked that old woman who ran the place, I wished they did one of those cliché "let's save the place". But nonetheless it was a good performance, although I've seen and heard better music anime. In my view they aren't that good of a bad and most of their songs didn't grab my ear or attention.

As for the characters I liked them but they aren't memorable. As for the whole concept I thought it was great because I love it when girls do it for themselves, it's so inspiring.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 5, 2019 6:26 PM

Nov 2013
again, rewatching the anime after playing the game feels a lot different, not only for the main band that i already knew, but for moments like Ako+Rin short appearance =D

gave it a 7 before but now that i love the franchise a lot more, i feel like i should give at least 9, but for now i'll stop at an 8/10 haha

now to watch 2nd season as well as the shorts =D

some more of my screenshots from bandori season 1 - https://imgur.com/a/6nAx6JK

winddevil1Jan 5, 2019 6:55 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 8, 2019 9:10 AM

Feb 2014
What a chore this was to sit through. Everything about it was so bland and derivative, it's not even funny. The only thing it had going for it was the art and animation (except for the weird irises, which look like an impact crater, or a bullet hole shot from the inside). Not even Arisa could save this anime for me. After a couple of episodes, she was reduced to just some tsukkomi dispensing tsundere yelling reactions at the antics of the other characters.
Jun 28, 2019 5:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Forced drama but still fine + cute
6/10 will watch season 2
Jul 26, 2019 7:19 AM

Apr 2009
They only developed Saaya's character. The other members are meh.

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2019 2:45 PM

Jul 2016
Well that's over. This whole series was one straight line on the graph for me.
Aug 12, 2019 10:14 AM

Mar 2018
Ok was kinda cringe there ngl
Is it common at live shows to tell some life stories? xd
Liked the story tho it was kinda idealistic
Looking forward to Hello Happy World ^^

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Jan 7, 2020 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
A little sad since Space would be closing down. Well, but good things cannot last forever. It's a very nice farewell performance by everyone. I clapped when Popipa finished their song.

onwards to season 2!! ^^
Sep 16, 2020 8:47 AM

May 2016
SPACE might've housed its last live but at least it ended up being one of the best thanks to the hard work of every single one of those who made it possible. Poppin' Party capped this season off on a high-note and I have a good feeling that the story will only get better from this point on now that they've become a fully-fledged band!

This had its ups and downs but I really enjoyed this overall. This makes me wish that I had more storage space to download Bandori again lmao

Oct 9, 2020 11:50 AM

May 2018
Good finale. Rip space it's gonna get shut down lol

Good final song too!

A high 4/10 for me. I don't see how this is much different from an idol show. If anything, K-on! did it muuuuuch better
Apr 26, 2021 5:03 AM

Feb 2020
That was a very good finale. :)

Overall, a great show.

SerafosNov 6, 2023 1:07 AM
Jun 11, 2022 6:19 AM

Oct 2021
Having never seen any other of these ‘girl band’ shows, I loved this. All the characters were great. Arisa is the best. Final song was just ok for me though. Since I love the normal credits song, I was kinda bummed they didn’t play it one last time.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BanG Dream! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

55 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 25, 1:51 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

63 by combi2015 »»
Dec 29, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

39 by DuduRibeiro »»
Oct 29, 2023 5:19 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

23 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 28, 2023 8:40 AM

» How does Bang Dream compare to Love Live?

Reshiram_IX - Mar 19, 2023

8 by MeguSae38 »»
Jul 10, 2023 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.