Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 14, 2021 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, the perverted guy that abused his red arrow got what he deserved, just like from the manga.

More info dump this episode including his role as a God Candidate. Despite what Nasse is capable of, I still find it hard to take her seriously given her childish nature. Mirai doesn't seem to have much choice now but to accept his role. At least he has a goal in life now...
Oct 14, 2021 10:27 AM

Jun 2019
Well, it seems like some of those god candidates are scums as well. We got to see the example of that but looks like someone is quite serious about all of this and wants to take out all the other candidates using his White Arrow, so he can claim the title of God. This is gonna be quite a thorny path for Mirai as well.

Also, I'm starting to like Nasse now. She's a cute angel and kinda oblivious in a certain way. Other than that, the metropoliman has his sight straight on his targets and he won't let anyone get in his way. This boy, Mirai can't catch a break. I feel bad for this guy. It's just chaos all around.
Oct 14, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2007
It seems Like there are two more members from sentai hero group are other candidates.
https://twitter.com/ani_platinumend/status/1448702811420565524
tsubasaloverOct 14, 2021 10:44 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 14, 2021 12:09 PM

May 2020
Looks like one of them is already out, can't really feel any pity for him as it seems like his interests were in those powers and not the game itself, but why the one who killed him looks like a Power Ranger, and he's a high schooler too. Things clearly aren't looking good for Mirai.

Nasse being her usual self, clearly the most lively angel out there and the most odd one too, but one more God candidate at school, things will be quite escalated next time.
Oct 14, 2021 12:11 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, they already took one of them out? Some more info about the God candidates. Nasse's pretty nice at the moment and hopefully it stays like that but I doubt it will. It'll be a hard journey for Mirai but he might make it till the end. Or it will be something like DN.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 14, 2021 12:44 PM
Jul 2021
It was great 🔥🔥
Oct 14, 2021 1:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That "sex" dude was totally stupid, but they really need to be careful to Metropoliman, he looks kinda OP with the armor and how he wants to eliminate all the other ones, high school isn't gonna be safe for MC as well, it's creepy how the angel looked at him at the end :S
Oct 14, 2021 1:26 PM

Jul 2017
Well well, this is what we're here for: the battle royale of the Thirteen where only one human can become God and rule the world in 999 days.

Mirai just wants ordinary happiness and don't want to become God, so what is he then? This Tonam Rodriguez candidate who's a playboy made for only 33 days, what a virgin wimp. Well thankfully, another candidate (Metropoliman) has done that to eliminate him with with the White Arrow for the subjective's Hero's justice. Serves him right for fiddling with interests.

For Mirai though, he really just seems comtempt to live a normal life, just now with Nasse following him as an Angel. Metropoliman so far, has his White and Red Arrows use quite substantially, and that scared the shit out of Mirai should he encounter someone like Metropoliman with a special-rank angel.

No reason for Mirai to remain dissuaded, he MUST go out there and achieve it, starting with his renewal of a school life. But there's another Angel, and who is the candidate for him?
Oct 14, 2021 1:32 PM
Oct 2016
While the first episode introduced us with shock and awe this second episode settled things in while also introducing the main antagonist for Mirai. This guy calling himself Metropoliman is a big problem. He's very powerful and has the same abilities as Mirai with the red arrows, white arrows and wings. He's certainly one to look out for while Mirai is walking around trying to find happiness. I liked the dialogue this episode with Mirai speaking to Nasse, he doesn't really want to become god just follows his mother's words from when he was younger. Trying to find happiness and be happy yourself is tough, especially if you're very unhappy and people around you are happy. Everyone has to find happiness for it to be properly enjoyed. Metropoliman making that big showcase in front of the camera putting the other god candidates on notice that he's coming for them. Mirai is in hot water now, Metropoliman could be anywhere and we know he's going to high school too. Mirai has just started to find happiness but things could turn bad soon.
Oct 14, 2021 1:32 PM

May 2021
Great episode. Seems as if Rodriguez was using his red arrow to get his own personal harem xD. I was looking forward to seeing his death animated. We also got to see Metropoliman this episode eh uses his red arrows and wings for ‘ justice’ so far at least. Mirai will also die if he gives up his arrows and wings as it’s his hope to live. Mirai has also seen another angel at school… looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 14, 2021 1:36 PM

Nov 2019
Freaking Rodriguez got what he deserved. At least he is less likely to become a god. Not like he stood a chance in the first place.

But Metroploliman..So over the top, while still being serious about the whole thing.

Oct 14, 2021 1:44 PM
Senpai

May 2021
I really like the music of this anime. Lets goo. Hyped for the next one!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 14, 2021 1:55 PM

Dec 2020
The VA for mirai is perfect for his character and tbh nasse i like her now even more.

This Metropolitan was crazy how fast and i really have a bad feeling about him, he’s attending the same high school looks so hype this anime.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 14, 2021 2:00 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Idk, all the characters feel way to over the top and black and white for me. Atleast from the ones that got introduced so far.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 14, 2021 2:11 PM

May 2020
that cg and that metropolitan guy is too cringy lmao
Oct 14, 2021 2:12 PM

Feb 2021
And the mirai nikki continues, I can already see many more characters dying in the future.
This episode was pretty good, so far so good I guess.
Oct 14, 2021 2:17 PM

Nov 2016
Here's they guy with the God complex.

Death Note vibes were strong this episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2021 2:21 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Hey, it's Kira but power ranger style. Also, Nasse is cute though that may be since she looks like she's always naked even though she isn't. That last shot with the other angel kinda startled me.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 14, 2021 2:31 PM

May 2018
Holy shit that angel at the end... so that's the power of the wings lol

anyways that Rodriguez guy was funny for some reason. It's gonna take a long time to get used to cg Metroman
Oct 14, 2021 2:34 PM

Jul 2011
Is good that the effect end with the candidate death too, I mean, imagine if the person that was shot at got full depression and ended committing suicide.

Mirai have weaker guts than Miko from Mieruko. After all he was, I cant make eye contact, but made anyways.
Oct 14, 2021 2:45 PM

Oct 2020
Everything is good... except the CGI ofc...

I wonder... if you can hit other candidates with red arrow, since the Metro guy hit the harem guy with a white one?
処刑課師匠
Oct 14, 2021 2:48 PM
Jul 2021
Maaaaaan, there going to be going to F'n High school! As GOD candidates? Wtf, I seriously LOVED the first episode, and enjoyed this one too, but these people are going to be GOD.... AND they are at risk of getting murdered by the other candidates and they're just like yeaaaah let's go to highschool! Wooooo. Especially this dude that wants to be a superhero you'd think he would prioritize that over going to school. The fact that they are going to be going to school and probably criss crossing and "Oh I gotta run around the corner and talk to my angel so he doesn't find me out" has me worried about the rest of the show. Hopefully I'm wrong, also I really hope his confidence goes up and he stops being so Meh... Like oh take back my arrows, I shouldn't have this power. But I am glad he didn't throw a fit, I REALLY expected him to pull the usual anime stuff and get mad at her for not telling him he would die without his wings/arrows even though he would be dead regardless from the fall. So he definitely earned some points with me for that. I wonder if all the candidates are going to have crazy battle suits.

Also what a moron, you don't want them to know you're a Candidate so when that Angel dove down you KEEP walking because they won't bump into you but he just stood there with wide eyed terror. And he really is an idiot if he thinks he can have NORMAL life while in a competition to become freaking GOD. Come on bro
DKDiabloLichtOct 14, 2021 2:54 PM
Oct 14, 2021 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
I'm glad that Rodriguez scumbag got what he deserved. So far Metropoliman looks like he might be the biggest threat to Mirai. Dude acts like a champion of justice but clearly has nefarious intentions. Also, I'm not a fan of the CGI they use for him in some shots. Still, decent episode especially with that chilling cliffhanger.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 14, 2021 2:50 PM
Jul 2021
Nabaat said:
Freaking Rodriguez got what he deserved. At least he is less likely to become a god. Not like he stood a chance in the first place.

But Metroploliman..So over the top, while still being serious about the whole thing.

Less likely? He's dead isn't he? So he has no chance to become a God right?
Oct 14, 2021 3:07 PM

Mar 2019
It would be funny, if this girl saki is a candidate and stabs the MC with that love arrow and we get a good mix of romcom too lol… leaving that aside, robot-suit hero too a koukousei, well not too much surprising but let’s see what’s next
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Oct 14, 2021 3:59 PM

Jun 2021
Much better than episode 1.

Animation looked a little better and the cliffhanging suspense ending was nice. These types of shows really need to end each episode like that.

Not too crazy about all these rules they keep adding one after another, but I suppose Death Note was a little guilty of that as well so I should stop complaining. I'm guessing Metropoliman is suppose to be the Platinum End version of Yagami Light.

Oct 14, 2021 4:23 PM

Jan 2021
I really like the animation and the scenes are visually stunning but that angel that was at the high school isn’t with the metropolitan it could be a third person that also attends the school because that angel didn’t seem to know who the metropolitan was until he appeared on tv

Oct 14, 2021 4:41 PM
Dec 2011
Some parts of this show seem mediocre yet others seem stellar. The ending in particular really has me intrigued on how the plot will develop. I'm probably gonna stick around for the whole season.
Oct 14, 2021 4:47 PM

Mar 2020
This is getting good. Love it!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 14, 2021 5:00 PM

Jul 2014
Oh wow , I guess this will be a chase game for a while lol
Oct 14, 2021 5:27 PM

May 2019
I would attain even greater happiness if this saying was not repeated every 5 damn minutes.

---------

AND THIS is Mirai failing miserably to be MC of Mieruko-chan anime.

Congrats. If this was not a light wholesome anime but Miku-chan comedy, you would be already DEAD.

Rob7Oct 14, 2021 5:38 PM
Oct 14, 2021 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
Protagonist finally thought very well on this subject of being becomes a God, Besides, this ending was very tense, this angel felt that the protagonist is one of the chosen to be becomes a God.
Oct 14, 2021 6:10 PM
Dec 2015
Just act natural when you walk by... that didn't work out xD
Oct 14, 2021 6:50 PM

Jun 2019
The idea and concept is more interesting than the execution, both in regards to the adaptation and the source material. It gets in its own way with the constant fake deep “happiness” stuff and comes off as boring more often than a death game anime should. A lot has been ripped straight out of Death Note too which feels lazy.
Oct 14, 2021 7:17 PM
Sep 2017
The animation is just average, the CGI is not really that good but as a manga reader from this series I think that the adaptation is not bad so far.
Oct 14, 2021 7:35 PM
Apr 2020
That comedian really need to go, abusing and harassing women is a big NO!

Welp, that Metropoliman god candidate is obviously just acting kind but he's really problematic. Even his guardian angel looks troublesome. That ending! Will Mirai still pretend to not see the angel even if he looks shocked?! That's a really great ending for an episode! Can't wait for the next episode!

Oct 14, 2021 7:49 PM
Jul 2021
I really like where the anime is going so far.........I hope it dont turn out to be a piece of sht like the "THE DETECTIVE IS ALREADY DEAD" Oh well the chances are low because the creators are the same ones who created DEATH NOTE and those two are legends
Oct 14, 2021 7:55 PM

Jul 2017
IS THAT MOTHERFUKIN INGENIUM!!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!

seriously though how the fuk was that shit not sus af lmao? You'd think after some dude dressed in a superhero costume literally comes flying down and magically kills someone without any contact all while being recorded in the news would clearly be the talk of interest but nop, it's like nobody gives a shit lol
Oct 14, 2021 7:55 PM

Nov 2012
He needs Mieruko-chan's poker face! I wonder if he can come up with something to fit expression that can be sai aloud and not give him a poor rep.
Oct 14, 2021 7:57 PM

May 2021
Honestly, not bad, my expectations were practically zero and there was decent entertainment value concept-wise. Only if the execution was better and knowing how it's gonna go from here, it's a shame really.
Oct 14, 2021 8:00 PM

Feb 2016
I didn't expect Revel to be voiced by a man. Even so, I quite like the character's voice.
その目だれの目?
Oct 14, 2021 10:21 PM

Jul 2016
LMAO! Power Ranger dude seriously sounded like Iida from My Hero Academia.

Well, that was cringe. Please tell me this show has better antagonists than just 38yo loser and edgy Kamen Rider wannabe.
Oct 14, 2021 11:23 PM

May 2010
Quick MC, your shoelace!
Oct 14, 2021 11:24 PM
Oct 2021
episode 2 was enjoyable for me, i think i have a good grasp on the god candidate aspect. i’m glad the perverted one got what he deserved and i really like metropoliman i can tell he’s going to be a great antagonist.
Oct 14, 2021 11:52 PM

Jun 2021
episode 2 was so enjoyable for me. hands down this is going to be one of my favorite shounen anime once it ends airing for now let's just see how things will go
“this world is merciless, and it’s also very beautiful”
Oct 14, 2021 11:59 PM
Jul 2020
[quote=Stark700 message=64655943]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, the perverted guy that abused his red arrow got what he deserved, just like from the manga.

His voice actor was Sugita Tomokazu and I really wanted to hear him more in the series but he literally died like in 2 mins😂
Oct 15, 2021 12:05 AM

Mar 2018
Rob7 said:
Lmao exactly my first thought when I saw that scene but you beat me to it. My bro needs to learn how to poker face from Miko xD

Oct 15, 2021 12:23 AM

Oct 2016
Of course Sugita voices a pervy guy lmao. Rodriguez got what he fucking deserved though, even though Metropoliman wasn't necessarily doing it for justice. Pretty good episode! The sound design really makes my ears orgasm damn, reminds me of Jojo's, Fire Force or Slime's sound design.

After this episode, I don't find Nasse sus no more, I think she's just really super innocent, so I can happily enjoy her cuteness now. That angel that spotted Mirai was pretty cool, he's definitely not Metropoliman's angel though based on him watching the tv scene.
Oct 15, 2021 12:38 AM

May 2021
This episode was just awesome
Oct 15, 2021 12:39 AM

May 2021
Rob7 said:
I would attain even greater happiness if this saying was not repeated every 5 damn minutes.

---------

Congrats. If this was not a light wholesome anime but Miku-chan comedy, you would be already DEAD.

I exactly thought the same thing
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.