Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kinda not surprising they're using some holy god-like orchestra for the first episode.

Nasse is cute but also has a childish personality. Looks like she saves Mirai and gave her a purpose in this show along with some strange abilities. First episode had the mature tone as I had expected but curious to see how the anime will adapt Mirai's character development.

2-cour (24 episodes) confirmed so I think they have plenty of time.

Jun 2019
From the creators of Death Note, we've their new work in front of us, Platinum End. A story about a boy whose parents died and he was taken in by his Uncle and Aunt who were abusing him all this time. He has no wish to live a life. So, he attempted suicide but just then an angel appeared whose motives were to give him happiness and a will to live on. So, she grants him some powers. I don't trust her wholeheartedly btw. At least those powers are impressive but they can be quite dangerous especially after what we saw in this episode.

Ngl, looks very interesting but only time will tell how this adaptation will play out. Obviously, a very anticipated show because of the big names and the huge reputation of these two legends. Idk how I feel about Signal.MD, they can be either a hit or a miss, but I have high hopes that they will pull it out.

Jul 2017
The long-awaited series from the authors of Death Note and Bakuman, this 2-cour anime will cover the ENTIRE manga.

Mirai Kakehashi is such a depressive person, and the circumstances leading to end his life right then and there. But just at the nick of time, he's saved by the guardian angel Nasse who grants him powers for him to get used to (the Angel's Red and White Arrows, and Angel Wings), and most importantly the will to live on. Imagine Death Note's Light and Ryuk's first eventual meet, just that Mirai himself is obviously inspired from Bakuman in character design and Light in temperament.

Being an angel, Nasse knows of Mirai's extensive family history of his, it's quite the screw-up of a family dynamic with his relatives killing his parents. And now, using Mirai has a substitute to earn more money by taking his life, this is an act of gore, not just Heaven and Hell. It's not a dream, it's reality.

To earn happiness, Nasse introduces Mirai to the battle royale game of 13 candidates and their angels, where only 1 can be chosen to become God to rule the world their way. This is just the start.

BAND-MAID's OP fits the themes of Platinum End, so it's alright.

This is a premiere episode that does justice to Chapter 1 and 2 capturing the essence of the manga, though Signal.MD's production values are decent.
KANLen09Oct 7, 2021 6:03 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 7, 2021 10:07 AM

Apr 2018
From the same creators as DN/Bakuman.

It's basically the opposite of DN. His life got saved by an angel and now he has an angel-like power.
Well, I like the 13 candidate/angel battle and looking forward for more.
Seems like this will adapt the whole manga.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 7, 2021 10:46 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty promising premiere, hopefully this'll live upto people's expectation.
Oct 7, 2021 10:53 AM

May 2009
For those who don't believe that manga is garbage just look at how manga sales declined
Oct 7, 2021 11:53 AM

May 2020
Being from the same author as Death Note does put a lot of expectations before watching it, and looks like it will be a complete adaptation of manga.

Well main guy just wanted to commit suicide but he was saved by an Angel just at the right time, and looks like he has a pretty grim past being abused by his Uncle and Aunt after the death of his parents when he was just seven.

Now the deal Mirai got in with Nasse the angel, he got wings and arrow and have to participate into a battle royale which will span for 999 days to determine who'll be the next God.

Sounds too familiar with Mirai Nikki but looks interesting nevertheless and OP's fine too. Well it was one of the most anticipated one this season so hopefully it delivers.
Oct 7, 2021 1:25 PM

May 2021
Great episode. So his auntie and her husband killed Mirai’s parents for money. I’m happy they have now been killed. Like the voice actors and Nasse’s personality is also quite childlike and kind. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 7, 2021 1:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh so it's really like a battle royale to become god, it sounds interesting, I like his two powers it's definitely OP especially the one to control people, it's sad for his life and what happened to his parents though but at least he could get a bit of revenge, the angel is replacing the shinigami now xD and the MC kinda looks like Light physically but mentally I'm not sure he seems a bit dumb to be honest, anyway it looks like the kind of show which is totally entertaining even though it's not perfect, so I'm looking forward to seeing the next ep
Oct 7, 2021 1:28 PM

Jan 2021
First episode looks cool. Now we gonna wait for the killing.

チュブリツァ

Oct 7, 2021 1:30 PM

Nov 2019
I gotta say that's pretty extreme, making him an orphan so they can get the insurance money. It's always about the money.

Nessa came in clutch to save him here, even tho she is pretty casual about having him murdering his cousins for an angel lol.

The battle royale got me curious, hopefully, it's well-executed down the line

Oct 7, 2021 1:36 PM

May 2016
Yes, we will get a lot of naked white butt shots from angel "Nasse" through those 24 episode, I'M LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE UPCOMING EPISODES!!!
OK aside from my horny mind, I hope that we will get another Masterpiece anime, since it's from the same person who made "Death Note" and the the first episode was satisfying and Great!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2021 1:37 PM

Dec 2020
The first episode give me a little goosebumps but i was hype.

So Mirai has now an angel called nasse on his side and has two arrows.
OP is alright.
She has a childish personality but yeah.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 7, 2021 1:45 PM

Jul 2017
Watching this episode in anime form made me miss the direction that Death Note got by Madhouse in 2006. Death Note's story is flawed in many ways but the directing, lighting and animation in general in that show fit that atmosphere so well. I wasn't expecting Signal.MD to deliver the same thing that Madhouse did in the past of course, but I just kind of wished that. Everything felt too bright, drawings were not that great, only thing going for it is the over-the-top orchestral music that would fit so much better with this series if little things like lighting and others were taken into account.
Oct 7, 2021 1:51 PM

Mar 2018
super hyped for this, great first ep, im a sucker for battle royals and one by death notes author none the less. plz dont let me down
Oct 7, 2021 1:52 PM

Feb 2020
It concepts seems fascinating. It reminds me a lot of Death Note, which makes sense because it's from the same creator. I feel like this anime is going to be a huge hit or miss. I think it will really depend, if it is going to be a simple slash down your enemies kind of anime or if we are getting some complex physiologic plans and other character developments as in Death Note.
My candies:
Oct 7, 2021 2:04 PM

Nov 2016
There are some parallels between this and Death Note. Like that the MC is receiving powers with which he can control and kill people. He just doesn't have to write it down. Nasse could be seen as the Ryuk of this series, she seems also pretty nonchalant and messed up (doesn't value the life of humans), with the difference that she came to make Mirai happy. We'll see if he won't end up corrupted. For now he's trying to stick to his morals.

Plotwise this is rather Mirai Nikki, tho.

Should be an entertaining watch, even if it's shallow and going down the trainwreck route later.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2021 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
This can be my anime of the year ngl. Idc about the manga, I like the concept and I already liked it since the 1st ep, can't wait for the rest of the episodes
Oct 7, 2021 2:23 PM
Jul 2019
Ashhk said:
Oh so it's really like a battle royale to become god, it sounds interesting, I like his two powers it's definitely OP especially the one to control people, it's sad for his life and what happened to his parents though but at least he could get a bit of revenge, the angel is replacing the shinigami now xD and the MC kinda looks like Light physically but mentally I'm not sure he seems a bit dumb to be honest, anyway it looks like the kind of show which is totally entertaining even though it's not perfect, so I'm looking forward to seeing the next ep
Dumb? are you kidding he is just a normal kind hearted boy with depresion and anxiety bc of his greedy ass relatives
Oct 7, 2021 2:25 PM

Mar 2018
Is this anime good? No, absolutely not.

Is this anime enjoyable? Hell yeah.

It is not a true anime season if there is no big dumb death game anime and we luckily got this one with an extra spice of suicide. I love how cliched the edginess is and how on the nose the dialogue played out with such insightful lines like "I just want to die" repeated a million times. I know these anime aren't "objectively" good but there is comfort in these anime's dumbness.
Oct 7, 2021 2:25 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
GalacticSamurai said:
Ashhk said:
Dumb? are you kidding he is just a normal kind hearted boy with depresion and anxiety bc of his greedy ass relatives
Not I mean compared to Light, since they're really different, he's just normal in this story
Oct 7, 2021 2:33 PM
Sep 2019
Very good episode
Absolutely loved it
Yea I’m hearing the mangas end is bad but that’s fine I’m gonna enjoy the good parts and if the ending sucks then so be it
Hope our main character finds love and wins the battle between the god contestants
Also hope his uncle dies
Assuming we’re going to get some good action scenes
Plus the soundtrack is amazing with those choirs
Oct 7, 2021 2:36 PM
Sep 2019
Eunos said:
super hyped for this, great first ep, im a sucker for battle royals and one by death notes author none the less. plz dont let me down
I hear the ending is very bad
But let’s enjoy the good parts
Hope our main character wins the battle royal, and finds true love
Oct 7, 2021 2:36 PM

Aug 2020
Well that was a heavy first episode, talk about depressing. It seems like it could be decent.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Oct 7, 2021 2:43 PM

Apr 2021
I am pretty intrigued by the concept, not having read the manga and look forward to seeing where this story goes. I would consider the first episode a little underwhelming, but a great set up. Some dark themes explored in Mirai’s past and in his current circumstances, which affords him a great deal of sympathy from the viewer. The position they seem to be taking with the angel figures is interesting to say the least! The lines between good and evil seem to be blurred or, at the least, the angels seem to have a moral code distinct to the individual they are assigned, as opposed to a Worldly sense of morality. I find that quite fascinating
Oct 7, 2021 2:45 PM
Oct 2016
Time for the fucked up show I've been waiting for. Platinum End is gonna be one hell of ride based off this first episode. Mirai has it so rough, being forced to live with his abusive uncle, aunt and cousins would be horrible. Going from a loving home to that is tragic, Mirai lost an amazing family to some bullshit scheming. I honestly don't blame him for jumping off that building, it's his choice and seeing how he lived its easy to see why that decision was made. I am also glad that Nasse saved him and gave Mirai this second chance. Kind of messed up circumstances but at least he has a new lease on life. After learning the truth behind his family's deaths things are more clear now. Mirai has found new purpose with these powers of love and freedom. Being able to fly around the skies with those wings would open someone's eyes to the beauty this world can offer. Then the red arrow has its uses in case you need something someone wouldn't normally give you, like information and occupancy. This premiere had tons of crazy moments like the aunt killing herself and Mirai having his realization, and the last scene of the god candidate killing the one in that truck. Mirai has been saved but also now many more problems, the path to happiness isn't an easy one.
Oct 7, 2021 2:57 PM
Oct 2021
People can't see his wings but can see him Fly right??

If any people see him flying then they will be fucking freak out 🤣
Oct 7, 2021 3:01 PM
Jul 2014
Can't help be skeptical about death game anime, I just feel I have to my guard up ready for disappointment even more than alot of isekai. There better be a good reason a new god is needed. I really don't like having to watch a character who's against killing get over it in a show where killing all the other characters is central to the premise, I just don't have the patience for it so if Mirai could subvert that expectation for that please.
Oct 7, 2021 3:03 PM
Oct 2021
Oct 7, 2021 3:04 PM

Feb 2021
Damn this first episode really surpassed my expectations that I had for this.

It was honestly a very good 1st episode, I loved pretty much everything about it. The premise looks really strong (similar to mirai nikki a bit), the scenes and characters seem to be well done too, the OP is pretty good too.

I'm kinda excited to see where this goes now because every manga reader has been talking trash about it.
Oct 7, 2021 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
bastek66 said:
For those who don't believe that manga is garbage just look at how manga sales declined

God damn... is the manga really that bad?
Jan 2016
Personally, I found some methaphysic topics during the episode, but looks like they're going for a shonen style (I'm refering to teen audience, not a nekketsu). I don't have any problem with this, if the anime goes for any of those paths, still has a lot of potential.

DN and Bakuman S1 are something really important for me, so I'm very exited about what's gonna happen next with this show; maybe this will be another cult anime for future generations, who knows.
Jul 2019
How good do u think this is. First impressions
Oct 7, 2021 3:15 PM

Mar 2014
In before this anime quality massively declines but for now let's enjoy it.

Maybe they will change things, I truly hope.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 7, 2021 3:21 PM

Sep 2018
That was a bit of a yawn.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 7, 2021 3:23 PM
Oct 2020
I like Nasse (angel)
Oct 7, 2021 3:24 PM

Nov 2013
Man, the "angel" is f'd up! Wouldn't trust her for a moment.

Is this going to be like "Mirai Nikki"? Battle royal, winner becomes all-powerful god?

It kinda sucks the aunt died instead of uncle.
Oct 7, 2021 3:24 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah it comes off edgy as fuck but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't entertained. Manga readers seem to be hinting that this eventually goes to absolute shit, which is unfortunate. However, even if this ends up not being good, I have hopes it will still be enjoyable, and from purely an enjoyment aspect, this premiere was solid. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 7, 2021 3:44 PM

Jul 2017
me thinks Nessa about to be a full yandere lmao.

but ngl at first I thought it felt really Inuyashiki esq, but that very ending makes it feel more Darwin's Game/Gleipnir esq now
Oct 7, 2021 3:47 PM
Apr 2021
Loved itttttttt! Ugh now I gotta wait another whole week for ep2!! 😫

~Kaga
Oct 7, 2021 3:48 PM

Jul 2020
I think the creator took cliche moments and tried to make it different
Oct 7, 2021 3:57 PM
Feb 2021
The episode 1 is pretty good ngl and also the opening music damn band maid!!
11PEACEOct 7, 2021 4:04 PM
Oct 7, 2021 4:11 PM

Nov 2012
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Is this going to be like "Mirai Nikki"? Battle royal, winner becomes all-powerful god?

Nasae's got 1 solution for everything...just kill 'em.

Seems like it.
Oct 7, 2021 4:26 PM

Nov 2013
dragynfaerie said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Nasae's got 1 solution for everything...just kill 'em.

Seems like it.

Yeah, and I don't like cuties who kill with a smile and 0 remorse xD
Oct 7, 2021 4:26 PM
Feb 2020
Why does the main character feels kinda bland? I hope he gets better in the future or else this anime is destined to fail since it's riding on death note's name
Oct 7, 2021 4:28 PM
Feb 2020
Sayem832 said:
they can't see him fly because he's too fast. The angle mentioned it too.
Oct 7, 2021 4:32 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Death Note meets Mirai Nikki?? Also, the MC is called Mirai lol
Oct 7, 2021 4:41 PM

Jan 2021
I like the story and concept around this if a human has lost the will to live or cannot find meaning in there life they are chosen to become God candidates
Oct 7, 2021 4:46 PM

Mar 2019
Ahh now I see. This isnt a show I'm going to keep watching because it's some objectively great show but because its fucking silly and entertaining. At least that's the impression I got from the first episode.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.