Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 12, 2019 2:41 PM
Jun 2019
This episode seems to be a coin flip for people: they either love it or hate it. But tbh I kind of see why.

On one hand, the episode finally gave us the confirmation about Aries and Seira. However, they had built up to it so much with obvious signs (ex: Aries being flipped in the OP) that it lost its full impact. It could've been better if they didn't do the name flip thing until the last episode as a small easter egg. Charce's backstory was pretty solid in my opinion but it did feel like a lore dump. They left out a few details too I think, such as the fact that Aries was born around the same time as Charce hence their similar ages. (Or maybe I just missed a subtitle lol I just found out through this thread.)

Kanata losing his hand did feel a little dumb but I do agree with others that it was probably a spur of the moment thing. We know he's the type to face things head-on and it's a natural reaction to want to defend yourself from something. It also gave us a sign that Charce does care about Kanata since he didn't go for a double suicide, something he could've done if he was cold-hearted enough. However, it's now clear that he cares for others in the group besides Aries despite his initial mission.

From a biased fan standpoint who never read the manga, I gave it a 5/5. We got the canon confirmations, we finally know the truth about Charce, and got to appreciate the level of detail that was put into this series. Charce being the one to grab Kanata, Aries, and Ulgar in the first episode was something I wasn't expecting a callback to and I genuinely didn't expect Aries' mother to be from Vixia. Seeing the art of Younger Charce, Ulgar, and Kanata made me tear up a little too.

From an unbiased standpoint, I would've given this episode a 3 or 4. There were a few things that lost its impact due to previous episodes (and the OP) that could've been better delivered. It was also, as I mentioned earlier, a bit of a lore dump but I get that it's hard not to rush some things in a twelve-episode series. The plot twists were well done but they could've paid more attention to the timing of some details too.

Ah, this turned into a mini-rant that people will probably skip over, sorry! I did enjoy the episode though, and can't wait for an hour-long finale next week!
Sep 12, 2019 3:30 PM
Sep 2019
Did anyone notice bossun and himeko back there?

ArudaLSep 12, 2019 3:34 PM
Sep 12, 2019 5:37 PM

Feb 2010
_MushiRock11_ said:
Master_Geass said:
I'm not sure rebel is the right word here. The king's power is largely limited to the royal district and there doesn't seem to be anything to stop people if they want to leave. However you should ask yourself who benefits if the king doesn't have any heirs.

Oh, that’s interesting! Making a wild guess here - some bigshot Royal Family supposedly next in line (built up through fake ‘loyalty’ over years or so is my pick) is up to no good behind the scenes.

Succession battles have happened in real life. It might still happen. Normally if the king dies without any heirs his brother or cousin might take the throne. Maybe someone from a branch family.

_MushiRock11_ said:
Honestly, it's hard to empathise with Charce but it's good to know that despite his strong cover, he really does want to live and care about the others like everyone else. Jeez that King though, making his own daughter have to go through immortality (?) with him just so he doesn't have to face reality.

An immortal outliving their offspring is a common issue in stories where they aren't also immortal. I've seen a number where they morn their loved ones long after they're dead. I could see someone wanted immortally for their child if it was in their reach. Still it seems he isn't over his wife's death. I don't know how long ago she died.
Sep 12, 2019 5:46 PM

Feb 2010
HiddenPsycho said:
This episode seems to be a coin flip for people: they either love it or hate it. But tbh I kind of see why.

On one hand, the episode finally gave us the confirmation about Aries and Seira. However, they had built up to it so much with obvious signs (ex: Aries being flipped in the OP) that it lost its full impact. It could've been better if they didn't do the name flip thing until the last episode as a small easter egg. Charce's backstory was pretty solid in my opinion but it did feel like a lore dump. They left out a few details too I think, such as the fact that Aries was born around the same time as Charce hence their similar ages. (Or maybe I just missed a subtitle lol I just found out through this thread.)

You seemed to have just missed that. They even showed baby Charce and Aries right next to each other. It's my head cannon that all of the kids are the same age, with the exception of Funi. They were created for the same plan and most likely created in the same month or two. Basically however loon it took to confirm the women were pregnant is the margin for error.

I can't remember if they touched on this, but the king wanted to clone Seira twice, then another time after being told the first one died. Aries was made for spare organs since they were doing them all at once, but he was planing on making another one a number of years down the line for the memory transfer because of Seira's age. I'm not sure how old Seira was at the time, but I assume late teens early 20's. Still she talked him out of making anymore.
Sep 12, 2019 6:39 PM

Nov 2016
Ok this was a great episode, the mistery is finally solved and the last minutes were perfect, it showed a good reason to change the start of the anime when they made the human shit to save Aries, and they gave more character to Kanata, this is looking better than what I thought.
Sep 12, 2019 7:50 PM
Jun 2017
one of my favorite episode in this series... i mean the ANOTHER REVELATION has been known to all---- charce is the clone of king and aries is the clone of princess seira.

and ohhh i am so excited about what they will do when they will be going on planet astra...

based on some sources, it will have the same length as of its 1st episode (which is 45 mins...)..

i am so excited about this one.. yeah
Sep 13, 2019 12:17 AM

May 2018
Ewww, melodrama.

Also something fishy about Seira's assassination and no explanation why Aries has amnesia. Maybe there is more to it.
Sep 13, 2019 3:42 AM

May 2014
Kanata, you don't have to place yourself into mortal danger to save Charce. He has always been way too reckless.

I wish Charce had betrayed them out of personal, more intrinsic ideology than being brainwashed into it. Also, we know too little about the palace intrigue, and it has not been addressed all that much prior to this, so it doesn't feel like an organic part of the story. The fact that Charce's motivation is largely based on it makes his betrayal less impactful.

The episode is still better than most of the planet exploration content. I give it that much.
TheDeedsOfMenSep 13, 2019 6:37 AM
Sep 13, 2019 5:52 AM

May 2011
The bad exposition just never stops.That entire flashback with Charce was pointless.Worst of all,that flashback didn't only ruin Charce but also dragged Aries down with him.
''I was dead serious''

Sep 13, 2019 6:24 AM
Jan 2017
They adapted the final twist beautifully, and it had all of the emotion of the manga.
Sep 13, 2019 11:45 AM

Jul 2019
I'm hapy because I was afraid that it would go bad at the end. Kanata is a good MC. It's awful that he lost his arm but at least now they're more united than ever. :'(
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 13, 2019 1:50 PM

Dec 2016
Didn't like Kanata losing an arm. Felt so unnecessary and for easy shock value.
Sep 13, 2019 9:50 PM

Feb 2010
alshu said:
Ewww, melodrama.

Also something fishy about Seira's assassination and no explanation why Aries has amnesia. Maybe there is more to it.

Who said anything about amnesia?
Sep 14, 2019 3:13 AM

May 2012
Ep 5 ending spoiler:
Trolls are miserable and that's why they troll. They wish to make other people miserable so that they can feel better about themselves. They are also reaching out for the attention that they don't get in the physical world.
Sep 14, 2019 3:47 AM
Aug 2015
Poor Charce, trapped in a tough choices.
And Kanata was as badass as usual. Unfortunately, he lost his right hand.
I'm so happy to see Bossun & Himeko cameo :'))
Sep 14, 2019 3:58 AM

May 2018
Master_Geass said:

She said something like this in the first episode...or maybe I misunderstood...but I thought to myself "Well something doesn't add up." .
Sep 14, 2019 5:17 AM

Dec 2016
ArudaL said:

Who?

I mean, never expect that other people have the same knowledge as you.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 14, 2019 8:16 AM

Feb 2010
alshu said:
Master_Geass said:

She said something like this in the first episode...or maybe I misunderstood...but I thought to myself "Well something doesn't add up." .

I don't recall anything like that. She said she never forgets a face. There were some fan theories that she had amnesia, maybe you were thinking of that. But that was just that, a theory.
Sep 14, 2019 8:52 AM

May 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:

Why not?
There is a high possibility to encounter a SKET Dance fan on this forum.

I missed the easter egg tho.

Master_Geass said:
She said she never forgets a face.

Naaah, something different.
Sep 14, 2019 9:49 AM

Dec 2016
alshu said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

Why not?
There is a high possibility to encounter a SKET Dance fan on this forum.

I missed the easter egg tho.

I should elaborate more in my previous post. I wanted to say that people should add title when they are making references to particular series, because possibility is never 100%.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 14, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
Alright episode. I would have liked it more if Charce died like he wanted. I figured him for the saboteur from the start, since Ulgar was too obvious, and Yunhua was more of a red herring. Thus i could never bring myself to like him.
Sep 14, 2019 3:31 PM

May 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:
I wanted to say that people should add title when they are making references to particular series, because possibility is never 100%.

I thought that this reference was vague on purpose too.
Sep 14, 2019 6:33 PM

Dec 2016
It wouldn't be Kanata no Astra if Kanata wouldn't end up screeching like a wannabe Asta and doing something stupidly reckless without turning his brain on for just a second. At least we finally have some consequences for his stupid acts, so that's as far as the good parts of this episode goes

I agree with @SouthRzVa Seira's assassination comes out of the left field, there's no motive nor foundation for her to be killed prematurely other than be used as a plot device. It's ridiculous how faceless and nameless characters can come up with a successful plan to kill a royalty character, but a group of big shots with all the resources come up with the most dumbassed plan to kill a bunch of students stranding them in space.

Continuing with the dumbass plan, how the hell did all those adults come up with the brilliant idea of using a mentally unstable teenager to come up with kill/suicide plan? it never crossed their mind that he could just have second thoughts about it? how about if Charce had a change of heart back from the very beginning in planet McPa once he had a taste of true outdoor freedom? Charce feels like the weakest character in the group being so conflicyed on himself and his motivations. If he had the power to jettison into space anyone from the rest of the group when he was alone with any of them, why didn't he do it in previous planets? it would had been so easy to make them dissapear one by one with wormhole chan and just build up a lie that he hasn't seen his companions or just claim that they dissapeared and just use wormhole chan until he's the very last one and off himself with his gadget too. Also him having a second remote control on his other sleeve was so studpily cheesy, what if Kanata or anyone else also grabbed it and smashed it, would he had a 3rd and 4th backup in a secret pocket down his ankles? would he pull out a 5ht one out of his ass? cuz that's where most of the ideas for this show come from.

Just one more episode to go, I'm just waiting for another asspull explanation and boring long exposition on how Aries knows about world history before the big moving to Astra planet (wich many already pointed out the analogy of getting rid of a house because of a mouse problem in the previous episode discussion) along with more teen tears and melodrama
KimurahSep 14, 2019 6:41 PM
Sep 14, 2019 10:55 PM

Dec 2014
ok this series has been so good..I hope it gets the praise it deserves... felt bad for kanata
Sep 15, 2019 1:48 AM

Oct 2008
Kanata lost an arm...that gonna hurt!
everyone going emo drama huh...
4/5.

Sep 15, 2019 1:52 AM

Apr 2015
As I said before Charce's backstory is, unusually for this show, quite solid and is directed reasonably well...but it doesn't tie in well with the rest of the show. It feels like sob story for the sake of sob story, a supposed to be traitor randomly telling long sad rant kind of thing.
Sep 15, 2019 5:46 AM

Jun 2014
that was honestly a bad pun
Sep 15, 2019 7:38 AM

Feb 2015
i really like this episode a lot. the fact charce as a character developed like that, really like that alot especially the ending. btw, i notice something

https://imgur.com/Txu85pD
that two character is from sket dance isnt it ?
its just so similar i cannot let that went by my eyes hahaha
Sep 15, 2019 12:47 PM

Oct 2016
-I still have no idea why they chose THIS fire special effect. It looks so stupid.
-I find it weird that it took so long in the show for Charce to notice that Aries was a clone of Seira, given what he knew. If he was so fond of Seira, he must have had her face remembered distinctly. The eye color difference is something that he should have been searching for. Or it at least should have been easier to see for him. It should not have taken her pointing it out for him to notice.
-Kanata losing his arm was pretty messed up, but that was so stupid that he stuck his arm towards it like that.
-On the other hand, that shot of his arm floating around above a frozen Earth was pretty great.
-Kanata's "right-hand man" comment got a smile out of me, but I do find it stupid that the rest of the cast is not straight-up fuming mad at Charce. This "friendship overcomes all" crap might be the worst anime/manga trope.
-In the manga version (Chapters 43, 44, and 45 for this episode), there were 2 major differences that I noticed. One is that Charce is a bit more lively as a child. He breaks his arm trying to catch a Stag Beetle. So he's not just some obedient robot in his youth. Two is that in the manga version, when Charce is going on his rant about people fighting for what they believe in, it straight up shows the old World Trade Center getting attacked by the planes. This is especially funny (like coincident funny, not haha funny) because this episode aired on 9/11/2019. What's even MORE funny is that this episode aired at 21:00 in Japan. In New York City, this would have been 8:00. The 9/11 timeline starts at 7:59 when American Airlines Flight 11 takes off. So pretty much exactly 18 years ago, 9/11 was starting to unfold and 9/11 is used as a plotpoint in this story. Pretty weird!
Alright, here's the thing. I don't think these twists are as clever as a lot of people may make them out to be. Some of the stuff was almost comical, like Seira conveniently flipping her handkerchief to find the name Aeris or Kanata sticking his arm out at the wormhole. But the biggest problem to me is that Charce, as a character, doesn't make any sense.
Remember, a convoluted and packed plot does not equal a good plot. Just keep that in mind.
I may end up giving this a 4, 5, or 6. It's definitely the most disappointing anime of the season, that's for sure.
Let's see how they wrap it all up!

sammyk124 said:
Wow, this truly felt like the show's climax and it was damn good. I'm only a little concerned as to what the last episode of the series is going to entail since I want to see a satisfying ending and I don't know if that can be delivered in just one episode. Who knows, a possible second season could be announced or we'll just have to start reading the manga.

A lot of people are confused as to why Kanata reached his arm out, or altogether why he recklessly charged towards Charce with pretty much no plan. I think this is where Aries' dialogue about the way Kanata is always running can explain this fairly enough.

Kanata is always running towards something, and it's usually to help someone else. His plan was illogical, but Kanata in the vey beginning of this series made it clear that even if he were stuck in outer space as the result of trying to help someone else, he would be glad so long as the other person doesn't have to die alone. I think he believed that if he and Charce got sucked up, even if they died, they'd just die together and at least Charce wouldn't have to be alone.

So yeah, Kanata's plan was quite stupid in terms of the bigger picture, but ultimately it was just Kanata's pure-heartedness that made him stupid. The lost arm also adds depth and emotion to the fact that he considers Charce his right-hand man. That being said, I really enjoy how much these kids love each other and have created such a bond. Clones and all, they all acknowledge each other as inidivdual PEOPLE, and I just love that. Hate to see this series end!

>I'm only a little concerned as to what the last episode of the series is going to entail since I want to see a satisfying ending and I don't know if that can be delivered in just one episode. Who knows, a possible second season could be announced or we'll just have to start reading the manga.
The anime only has 4 more chapters to adapt. There's no way we would get a 2nd season.

Mich666 said:
Hm.... Honestly, the drama was way way too overdone, all that crying, frienship appeal and stuff - it really was almost cringeworthy. Again, everything concerning the plot was so naive and I find it really hard to believe they would actually want to kill their clones instead of using them secretely in spite of the law. If not for the end where Kanata lost his hand (due to his zealous stupidity) this episode would be very weak.

For a sec I thought Aries actually takes after Kanata's leading example, now that would be actually some developement as Charce would need to turn that thing off instantly to not harm her. But no, guess I expected too much. Also, in the first episode they instantly put their helmets on, now in the face of the well-know danger they actually forget about it? *sigh*

Also, if Aries was an infant back then, that would make Charce like ten or so years older then them which would made his cover as high-school student way too unreliable (I mean, anime characters don't shave or anything but even if he had younger look they would be able to tell he is lot older then them).

>Hm.... Honestly, the drama was way way too overdone, all that crying, frienship appeal and stuff - it really was almost cringeworthy.
Yeah, it really was hard to watch. Kanata is so stereotypical, and in all the wrong ways.
>Also, if Aries was an infant back then, that would make Charce like ten or so years older then them which would made his cover as high-school student way too unreliable (I mean, anime characters don't shave or anything but even if he had younger look they would be able to tell he is lot older then them).
That is a very good point. A lot of things about this timeline aren't making any sense. But he could just be a babyface. It's not entirely unbelievable.

Short_Circut said:
300iq plays by Kanata purposely got his arm cut off just so he could make that pun

Based Kanata

Hylianticipated said:
Throwing his hand out and yelling at the blackhole was the dumbest way to lose his arm; they should have had him do something like throw Charce out of the way when it came close but by doing so he slightly loses balance and his hand gets sucked in so Charce stops it. Overall though it was a great episode. I still don't like the message they are trying to portray that fighting and possibly dying for what you believe in is a bad thing. The author of this story really has an unrealistic ideal of what a perfect society would be like.

>I still don't like the message they are trying to portray that fighting and possibly dying for what you believe in is a bad thing. The author of this story really has an unrealistic ideal of what a perfect society would be like.
That did feel a bit preachy, haha. You can't overcome everyone with love and friendship.

SheevPalpatine said:
Easily the WORST episode of the entire anime. I felt that they will go with the overused cliché: you wanted to kill us all, but we love you, you love us, the power of love can overcome everything. You will be my right hand because I was so dumb to sacrifice my own right hand to save you shitty life... Come on...

1/5

Pretty nice sum-up of some of my thoughts. Like I said, you can't overcome everything with love and friendship. I have no idea why some people are describing this episode or show as "phenomenal".

Sep 15, 2019 1:21 PM

Apr 2016
That was a nice episode. It’s sad Kanata has lost his arm but it seems the situation with Charce had a good resolution. I’m curious to see how it’s going to end.
Sep 15, 2019 4:48 PM
Sep 2019
Too many plotholes, literally unwatchable. /s

Joking aside, great episode. However, if you take everything in this anime literally, you're gonna get disappointed. Science fiction-wise, it is average at best, but it is a really good drama. In fact, I would consider this as a soap opera set in space. I would agrue the heart of this show is its characters and their interactions with each other. The plot twists are just the second.

I can't wait for the one hour special final episode. Definitely one of my favorites this season.
Sep 16, 2019 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
The voice acting was kinda cringy this episode, but Kanata losing his arm made it for me. Really didn't expect that. It was really eerie seeing that arm floating above Earth in the end.
Sep 17, 2019 3:07 AM

Mar 2018
Solid episode! Keep rising it to 8.00. Well deserved. My 1st runner up for AOTS. Makes me forget about every garbage isekai released this season.
Sep 17, 2019 6:52 AM
Mar 2012
Mindblowing bunch of reveals all for the right puns.
Lots of nice details/foreshadowing of Vixia, Charce, right hand, might be worth a rewatch to pick up these.
There's still the Polina branched timeline mystery, Ulgar's killed niisan, aftermath of the parents' committee, and Seira's unknown assassin faction.
Sep 17, 2019 1:35 PM

Aug 2019
Mixed feelings about this episode and the show in general. Characters and plot are generally ranging from solid to good, but everything seems to be executed so badly. I mean: bad pacing, lack of tension, awful ways of delivering exposition. I will watch it to the end, but I'm afraid I'll remember this show as a wasted oportunity to make a great sci-fi anime.
Sep 20, 2019 7:32 PM
Mar 2018
WOW!! I never expected Kanata to lose his arm, very dramatic. At this rate, they should all go back to space on Kanata's ship. All in all, I loved the episode.
Sep 20, 2019 7:36 PM
Mar 2018
ArudaL said:

I DIDN'T!! Nice catch. Now I want to rewatch sket dance.
Sep 21, 2019 12:52 AM

Feb 2014
omg... i disliked this so much.. it was going good until Kanata going super hero -again- and then "wait little black ball dont get near Charce!" .... "Oh, I lost my right arm, now you can be my right arm, Charce" PS.: Just dont try to kill us all again, ok?

huAhuauhaHUUHAhu really............

TechOtakuSep 21, 2019 12:58 AM
Sep 22, 2019 3:58 AM

Jul 2009
Losing your arm through a black hole, now that's something else. That made me wince hard, ouch.

I enjoyed Charce's entire revelation even though parts of it were flimsy. Good to know they addressed many of the hanging questions, but I still think having a kingdom like Vixia feels really out of place in the show's setting.

Final episode will be an hour long, so I'm expecting nothing less than a grand conclusion to the entire story.
Sep 25, 2019 4:58 PM

Jun 2014
It certainly took a lot for Charce to realize that he shouldn't be controlled by the king.

Now, Kanata's right arm is gone, which looked to be extremely painful.

Sep 25, 2019 5:48 PM
Jan 2017
Astra Lost in Space delivers yet another fine episode! Seriously, this show is the gift that keeps on giving. We finally learn Charce's true backstory and the horrors that shaped him to the person he is today. It's very sad to learn that the character that seem the brightest was actually the most tragic. This episode also highlights how Charce and Kanata are more similar than initially thought: they both lost people they cared about and that incident turned them into the people they are today, with different results, of course. Even though this episode uses the clichéd "we are your friends, we can help you" routine with Charce, I'm glad this episode wasn't as dark and tragic as it could have been. Now that the show has reached the endgame, I'm interested to see what the characters will do once they get back home. This has been one of the best shows of the season and I'll be sad to see it go. Hopefully, the show will deliver a satisfying conclusion.
Sep 28, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2008
Charce got all sorts of messed up with how he was raised.

And KANATA, DAMN!!! He is a boss.
Oct 5, 2019 3:15 AM

Nov 2018
So Seira was a princess and was killed for getting in the way of the king and clone project hmm.
Kanata x Aries might become canon but so is Kanata and Charce.
Finally we hear the ED song, is been forever.
Oct 6, 2019 8:14 AM

Nov 2017
Ehh it was okay. Everything felt forced. Otherwise good dramatic episode.
Oct 10, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2013
a tad melodramatic... reminds me that one of the main issues I have with a lot of anime is that characters act totally unrealistically sometimes, especially in dramatic moments. It was very touching nonetheless; I almost began to tear up when Charce was evidently struggling with his inner conflict.

I definitely didn't expect Kanata to lose his arm there, but that was a legitimately believable moment. People do some dumb shit like that in a panic, and Kanata is has been doing dumb shit all series -- this time just recoiled.

There's one episode left to resolve the confusion regarding the Earth/Astra situation and at an hour long it's going to be a hell of a ride.

This series took a much different turn than I initially expected at the end of the premiere, and the first 7 episodes or so didn't live up to what I hoped. But it really picked up in the back half. I've still some criticisms, namely the gags and how saccharine the melodrama is portrayed, but the strengths have made it worth it and the characters all feel unique and likeable despite the questionable presentations at times.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 12, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2014
Okay.. this is really wonderful episode....
The big revelation of Charce and Aries too... i've been expecting Charce ones, but haven't thought of Aries since Siera pic just foreshadowingly in the recent episode's OP.

Despite all of the great mystery and twists. i really loved how their friendship growing throughout the journey. and Kanata has really grown into becoming a great leader.

that last scene tho "you'l be my right hand" that's my fav scene in this episode.
wow that bossun and himeko cameo at the end ...
i wonder how they'll wrap up this wonderful story at 1 hour special Final episodes.
r16fourarmOct 12, 2019 7:20 PM
Nov 8, 2019 2:03 AM

Dec 2012
EMOTIONAL EPISODE DAMN

Nov 14, 2019 11:34 PM

Jun 2009
Biggest twist of the series: Kanata's arm was made from CG all along!
Nov 18, 2019 5:54 PM

Jul 2019
Wow this was by far the best episode. A rollercoaster of emotions. Actual explanations and heading towards a conclusion instead of just creating more questions, and it was all done in a way that felt genuine and not like an info dump. Callbacks to little moments in the past that you wouldn't really give two thoughts about when they happened, but now add so much more to the characters. This episode shot the score up from a 5 to a 7 for me. Only one more episode to go.
Dec 2, 2019 2:28 AM

Mar 2015
Holy shit that ending! Poor Kanata did not deserve that!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.