Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wasn't expecting an episode with pool and of course, swimsuits.

Kei and Tilarna still retain a close relationship although I wonder how much more they plan to develop both characters. Seems the pacing is slowing down a bit. 3 episodes left...
Sep 2, 2019 9:25 AM
Nov 2014
They try to save on animation as seen in CGI. Also, I have the impression that in previous arcs they were better at telling stories and finishing episodes.
Sep 2, 2019 9:37 AM

Jul 2017
quite a bit of politics this ep. Really liked Kei's speech towards that Sanders guy, lots of truth to that

On the bright side though, at least the animation seemed to look a little bit better this time around (except towards the end where they just got lazy). Not ep 1/2 style, but better than the rest of the episodes so far
Sep 2, 2019 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
Loved the way Kei confronted that officer Sanders guy.

Sep 2, 2019 9:59 AM

Sep 2017
Really liked the second half. It's good to be back into the politics after the case a few eps ago. Idk why we had to waste time with the stupid cat side story. Kei blasting the shit out of the Sanders guy was pretty great as well.
Sep 2, 2019 10:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool episode!

Quite the anticlimactic ending to the little cat switching mini-arc but I'm glad we're finally on course now. Poor Cecil though, lol.

Wow, inspectors with a lively break. Good to see, lol. Didn't think Matoba would be a food nerd too, now that's something. Hilarious bit with Tilarna with that speech with her swimsuit on xD. Loved the reactions of the people in the morgue. Except for that one officer who got quite the scare from Matoba.

Tilarna has clearly fallen for Motoba now lol and seeing her flustered was adorable. Anyway, looks like old man Zelada is back with a bang, curious to see what's up next.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 2, 2019 10:25 AM

Jul 2019
Boring episode. 1st half wasted to finish the whole cat shenanigans and the 2nd half with its preachy "This is how politics works"-tone was just stalling for time.

I really hope they up their game for the last 3 episodes.
Sep 2, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2015
So finishing the previous arc pretty fast. Remindes of the first arc that got finished in first half episode 4 if I remember correctly. At least we got back to the elections again. I bet the wife of the one guy was behind it.
Sep 2, 2019 11:57 AM

Sep 2017
they wasted half of the episode with the switching bodies story for sure. they could have used it to proceed with the story. I liked how Kei confronted Sanders. 3 episodes left and I do hope that we see a lot more.
Sep 2, 2019 12:09 PM

Jun 2017
The way they walked around in the building in that getup was hilarious tho. Swimsuit + horns for the win.

So they are gonna continue the semanian politican plot line then.

Also Tilarna " I am not your woman ", yeaaah you were happy as heck when Kei stopped that racist lol.
Sep 2, 2019 12:58 PM

Nov 2014
i thought he was tommy vercetti from gta vice city
Sep 2, 2019 12:58 PM

May 2018
Sheees, they should've finish that cat shit shit shenanigans last week.
Sep 2, 2019 1:25 PM

Feb 2010
...ok so Tilarna wears a school swim suit ...with kanji saying ti-ra-na ...hmmm considering the fact that all the text in anime is in English makes me think that someone is spreading the culture here
Sep 2, 2019 1:48 PM

Apr 2012
Kei indirectly calling Tilarna a bitch, this man has a way with words.

Guess we'll never know about mildi but at least we're back on pace for a serious arc.
Sep 2, 2019 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
Tilarna is back to her normal self at last.

That was interesting combination for a swimsuit... school swimsuit and horns.. Kei who confronted that agent was kinda nice, Tilarna sure appreciated that, eventho she said otherwise.
Sep 2, 2019 2:29 PM

Jan 2013
Tilarna straight up wrecked that dude

its a sucky feeling that everytime i see Kei defend Tilarna, the more likely i see him ended up dead by the time the season is over
Sep 2, 2019 7:59 PM
Apr 2016
I was like "YEs noiw we back to business" the studio seem saving animation for the climax and i appreciate that. Hope it wiill end good
Sep 2, 2019 8:26 PM
Mar 2015
Glad the cat was Ok and we got to see her in a swimsuit
Sep 2, 2019 8:40 PM

Jul 2016
Kei taking no shits from that Sanders dude was easily my favorite scene. So much truth spoken in just a few sentences.

Honestly, I'm glad the body changing issue didn't take all the episode to be concluded. As a side story, it was a pretty boring one, which could have been easily included in an OVA instead of ruining the "serious" pacing these last cases were having but whatever.
Anyways, the second half really made up for those first 10 minutes so at least, the episode wasn't as horrible as the previous one.
Sep 2, 2019 10:20 PM
Mar 2017
Well, this episode was unusual, first ended Tilarna's problem with her body change and in turn discovered who was the smuggler of the mystical objects and started a new case where an old acquaintance arises again, Zerada who They thought he was dead.

Cecil had a lot of time on screen and I liked that a lot, she is very smart and it was fun how she pretended to be a police officer to get to the city dump

I felt so bad for Tilarna when she could not recover the crossbow in time, but it was a joy that the effects of the spell ended when the crossbow was destroyed, but in her real body the situation was not quite right, first the man who demanded Kei the mystical object was hitting Tilarna's body and second and the most embarrassing thing is that Tilarna was without underwear and she jumped from happiness by regaining her body with that aspect, but unfortunately for the poor bastard he was doomed, Tilarna gave him a Epic beating for seeing her naked. Tilarna blushed from the embarrassment was too cute.

The second half began with a pool party with the detectives of the special squad, Tilarna in swimsuit was so cute.
But the party ends when the death of a mayor is reported, I laughed too much when Kei and Tilarna had to attend the morgue in swimsuit. The highlight of this part of the episode was how Kei defended Tilarna from a racist policeman, that showed how their partner ties have grown and Tilarna gradually has a better impression of Kei.

Now all we have to know is where Zerada is and who of the two rival candidates was the one who gave the murder order, the difficult thing is that both are suspects, especially Mozeleemay who we already know is corrupt and is his wife's puppet.
Sep 3, 2019 2:39 AM

Jan 2016
Kei defending Tilarna when that officer Sanders dude was being a dick was awesome, probably the best moment in this anime since episode 1 when Tilarna asked a bunch of questions in the elevator
Sep 3, 2019 3:04 AM

May 2014
After the distraction that was the previous episode, maybe they are back on track now. This is an interesting show when it focuses on its strengths, like the realistic approach and the culturally aware dialogue. This applies to their comedy too; the jokes are much funnier when they seem relevant.
TheDeedsOfMenSep 3, 2019 3:08 AM
Sep 3, 2019 4:33 AM

Jul 2015
Turns out, next week will be a recap episode.

Sep 3, 2019 8:55 AM

Jun 2010
I enjoyed the samba playing in the pool scene.
Sep 4, 2019 6:27 AM

Nov 2010
That was quite the impressive episode. No placeholder animation, a lot of stuff happened but it didn't feel rushed and the amount of different outfits is quite impressive. The story was never the weak part of the show, but even so this episode was strong with them coming back to Zelada and even the mayor candidates (plus the one they have history with).
The strongest episode so far and if the whole show could have been like this the anime would be a strong contender for, at least, anime of the season.
Sep 4, 2019 11:22 AM
Jan 2019
A good episode I loved the part when Kei defended Tilarna from that police officer who insulted her. I found it very cool and correct.
I still have doubts about whether Tilarna returned to normal because she touched the crossbow or because the crossbow was destroyed. Anyway, she returned to his body and gave the corrupt detective a good beating, hahaha, I thought he would really kill him.
Anyway, now there is a new case, probably the culprit is that guy who has a crazy wife.

It was very funny Kei's comparison of his actions, with a gangster, hahaha 😂.
Sep 4, 2019 3:47 PM

Dec 2016
Studio didn't had money for beach episode so they give us pool episode? xD

but cutting episode in half was really weird ... I can imagine that working on this season was a "nightmare" or they really don't have money and everything sticks together by chewing gum.

and I hope LN or manga will be officially released because story and character chemistry is just pure gold.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 4, 2019 5:46 PM

Aug 2015
The most unrealistic thing in this anime is the idea that there would be three candidates in an American election. What is this, some kind of democracy like France or Germany?

I was thinking,"can't Kei stop being an asshole for ten seconds" when tells Tilarna to clean up the room after everything she's just been through, but then he verbally thrashed that racist guy, so I guess he did

I'm glad the cat business is over, though it resolved in a very muddled way; like how that CBP guy was going to make money. Having that intro suddenly in the middle of the episode to demarcate the start of a new arc was a bad call.

The mastermind behind the assassination seems kinda obviously the far-right Trump Tourte since he wil benefit from anti-Semanian activity. I guess we'll see where this goes though, since anime in my experience, is full of wonky plots. It's pretty depressing as an American to think this basically a stew of my country's politics irl now lol *sad eagle*
Sep 5, 2019 2:29 AM

Nov 2012
I salute this boy! He was having the best time of his life!

Sep 5, 2019 5:06 AM

Jul 2017
Continuing into the silly cat swapping games, I just wished this was an OVA like everyone else thinks the same. Taking up airing time is not the best option, in fact it's the worst.

To Kei, it doesn't matter if Tilarna gets it or not. And yea @glassknuckles I'd fathom they would use the intro to transition into a new arc since the cat business side story is just fodder.

So instead, not a beach, but a pool half-episode. However, THANK GOD that the politics business is back on track, to the point where Zelada remakes his entrance.

It's funny seeing both Matoba and Tilarna in their summer wear in investigation. And I absolutely love it when Kei stood up for her, even though she is under his jurisdiction. A good gangster who doesn't call his partner a bitch (though informal) and takes no shit for an offense.

Recap next week...like now...???
Sep 7, 2019 7:09 AM

Oct 2008
LOL! first part was hilarious!
O'neil scene was hilarious especially with that goat with a crown! what crack is that!?!? haha
And Cecil thought she has failed Tilarna!
LOL Matoba...getting worked-up because the that policeman disrespects the kin of Tilarna....
5/5.

Sep 7, 2019 5:01 PM

Sep 2017
matias067 said:
LOL! first part was hilarious!
O'neil scene was hilarious especially with that goat with a crown! what crack is that!?!? haha
And Cecil thought she has failed Tilarna!
LOL Matoba...getting worked-up because the that policeman disrespects the kin of Tilarna....
5/5.
I tought it was a reference to The Hangover, oof.
timzki said:
i thought he was tommy vercetti from gta vice city
Underrated comment.
Anime-is-King said:

Better screenshot:

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Sep 7, 2019 5:03 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty interesting Kei's partner views of democracy, it would be interesting to see her meeting Socrates (of couse not possible) and bot sharing their points of view.

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Sep 7, 2019 9:12 PM

Dec 2014
ok like .... the fan service were to happen sooner or later I guess
Sep 8, 2019 9:44 PM
Oct 2011
Short_Circut said:
quite a bit of politics this ep. Really liked Kei's speech towards that Sanders guy, lots of truth to that

Yeah.

TomatoSempai said:
Anime-is-King said:

Better screenshot:

LMAO :D
Nice fanservice too and good stuff as we got back into the main stuff.
Sep 9, 2019 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
thank god the plot is getting better again
Sep 10, 2019 6:04 AM

Jan 2018
Does someone know what happen to the episode 10? It should have been out yesterday.
It's it because of the hurricanes in japan??
Sep 10, 2019 2:26 PM

Mar 2009
Anime-is-King said:

These women are gorgeous.
Sep 15, 2019 3:45 AM

Oct 2017
This was a really nice episode, gd to see Tilarna back in her body XD. That guy really had bad luck lol, Tilarna was really brutal. Also liked how Kei got mad for Tilarna.
Sep 16, 2019 10:49 AM

Mar 2018
"Watch out for wizards" That one made me laugh really hard.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 17, 2019 9:17 AM

Jul 2016
Way better than the last episode, the body switch arc was really bad... Glad to see it came back to aliens-humans problems, it's nothing ultra new but I enjoy how they tell about human politcs, ethic, racism and more with this story. Tilarna make everything better <3
Sep 17, 2019 12:56 PM

Feb 2007
Tilarna is getting better at this job. Nice to see her actually suggesting to start from the motive.

_MushiRock11_ said:
Quite the anticlimactic ending to the little cat switching mini-arc but I'm glad we're finally on course now. Poor Cecil though, lol.

Oh, I'm not sure we're quite done with this yet. The crossbow was clearly important, possibly for the same plot that now used Zelada's skills instead of the harder to trace body switch, which means the rogue agent putting pressure on them could still be a player in the murder investigation as well.
luinthoronSep 17, 2019 1:01 PM
Sep 17, 2019 6:44 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
luinthoron said:
Oh, I'm not sure we're quite done with this yet. The crossbow was clearly important, possibly for the same plot that now used Zelada's skills instead of the harder to trace body switch, which means the rogue agent putting pressure on them could still be a player in the murder investigation as well.

Well, you could be right about that.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 18, 2019 10:26 AM

Apr 2009
I really wish they made Tilarna look older. It's weird how the show wants to insist that she's an adult but she dresses and sometimes acts like a child. They literally have her in a school swimsuit and pigtails lol. I know Japan does this shit a lot but Tilarna is a great character and if they made her just slightly more mature it would've made the dynamic between her and Kei a little less father/daughter-y.
Sep 23, 2019 7:20 AM
Ice Queen

May 2014
psychokillua said:
I really wish they made Tilarna look older. It's weird how the show wants to insist that she's an adult but she dresses and sometimes acts like a child. They literally have her in a school swimsuit and pigtails lol. I know Japan does this shit a lot but Tilarna is a great character and if they made her just slightly more mature it would've made the dynamic between her and Kei a little less father/daughter-y.

Couldn't agree more. Why can't they quit it with the fanservice, blushing and bathing suits.. The show started without it, and I was impressed by how Tilarna acted like an adult and was treated respectfully as one as well. Earlier in the show, Kei pointed out that people mistake her for a child, but the first few episodes treated this like a misunderstanding between humans and aliens, not something weird and fetishized. Now it just seems like someone from production changed their minds and went "hey wait, we have the potential for an inappropriate loli romance here, we must exploit it!". I thought this show would be different, so I'm kinda disappointed.

Great to see that things are improving plotwise, though. Alien vs human racial issues could be interesting to explore further.
Oct 10, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
Nice to see Kei stand up for Tilarna, looks like he really cares for his partner

Dec 9, 2021 10:12 AM

May 2008
Oddly constructed episode, conclusion of Episode 8, start of Episode 10. The only thing that was really advanced was potential feelings between our heroes.
May 7, 2023 12:19 PM

Nov 2019
They have been racist the entire series why are they acting like it matters at all?
May 7, 2023 12:23 PM

Nov 2019
psychokillua said:
Just quit watching anime
Nov 30, 2023 7:39 PM

Nov 2023
So much politics, BORING
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

109 by Dawizz »»
Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

75 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

55 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2019

73 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

49 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 17, 2023 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.