Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it looks like this episode focused on a group of girls but also adds the usual underworld activites that's been an recurring trend in the series.

At least the show is taking itself more seriously again. I do feel like the plot this episode feels a bit loose though.
Sep 23, 2019 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
Oh boy, Zelada is back. I knew those FBI guys would be trouble.

Sep 23, 2019 9:52 AM

Dec 2015
A great episode. I did not dislike the Tourte guy. Especially when he answered the question about earthling vs politician. Good that they explained this a bit why Matoba asked.

Now it is about the wife from Mozeleemy - as some people already suspected. I guess killing the other guy was to make the last one suspicious. That's why she did not only kill her husband.

Zelada back - as hinted (also the recap basically as only about the first arc with him). I guess FBI guy works for the wife and is controlling the other guys with Zelada's magic.

Probably will end with Matoba and Tilarna managing to get proof on the wife as culprit + Tourte guy getting elected but acting nicer towards Semanians (recognizing Tilarna doing good work).
Sep 23, 2019 10:34 AM

Jan 2017
Great episode story wise, this is what I was expecting from this anime.

It's gonna be hard to end every plot thread in just one episode, and I don't expect a S2 any time soon :(
Sep 23, 2019 10:36 AM

Oct 2015
Kei should've let Tilarna slash those FBI, after all they're dead anyways!

I knew Marla must've been the one that assassinated her husband, it must be a campaign strategy or something. Or maybe this is bigger than I thought since Zelada has reappeared, maybe a bigger organization is involved.

Poor Randall, poor soul!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 23, 2019 11:22 AM

Jul 2019
Mostly sitting through this one. Hopefully, the last episode is better.
Sep 23, 2019 12:11 PM

Jun 2017
And of course they end up in a shitty situation because Kei just had to stop Tilarna from the action AGAIN. I swear some day this will kill them lol.
Sep 23, 2019 12:14 PM

Nov 2010
Last episode was quite good, but the audio and visual couldn't keep up at all.
This episode continued that intriguing plot, but this time the audio visual experience was close to as good as this show got so far.
I hope they keep it up for the last episode as well and I'm quite interested in the direction they are taking with the whole political viewpoint. I have got the feeling they go into the whole lesser of two evils thing, with the racist guy as the one that is racist but at least true to his believes and the former wife as the ruthless career woman that might still be the better choice politically.
Sep 23, 2019 1:37 PM

Sep 2017
the episode felt a bit long but it was better than the previous ones. i hope they keep it up!
Sep 23, 2019 1:43 PM

Oct 2017
@lihle808 @MomoSinX
They didn't know who was the dead guy and couldn't risk killing innocent people.
When they found out that it's all of them, it was too late already.
Sep 23, 2019 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
omg Zelada, in a normal story there would be no way for them to escape that lol i wonder how this will end
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 23, 2019 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty good episode, the plot picked up and Zelada is back.

I'm still wary that the finale will be a big let-down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 23, 2019 3:52 PM

Jul 2017
k so after all those poorly animated ones we finally get one that actually isn't too bad/lazy?

other than that I'm actually really enjoying this election arc, idk how the finale is gonna go given how many things haven't been answered, but oh well
Sep 23, 2019 4:23 PM

Jul 2015
Tourte guy was spot on.
Dropping truthbombs and hard to swallow pills right into face.

Sep 23, 2019 5:12 PM

Feb 2015
The opening scene was annoying, anyways, obvious turnouts were pretty damn obvious. Wife bad. Zelda not dead. 20 minutes left to tie things all together, not looking good.
Sep 23, 2019 5:42 PM

Jul 2017
The political election arc is not getting any better with the climate of tensions between the alien Semanians and humans.

And I'd have to say, I agree with the Domingo Tourte candidate about the rifts between both races. "Have fun while they're here, and if they don't like it, they can leave." Some wise words. Dabbling in the same subject of "being human or alien", it takes a lot to ascertain one's stand.

So, finally seeing the two undercover ladies from the OP in action, and I presume this is the only time they'll have their screentime.

With the death of Mozeleemay last episode, the wife took the helm to represent his ideals, but as the plot thickens and goes with Zelada returning, there's something aloof about it.

With the plot now making even less sense with more conflicting information, I'm more worried about the last episode's conclusion and execution to wrap this story up in decent fashion.
Sep 23, 2019 8:52 PM
Apr 2016
The disparity between episode 10 and this episode my god. anwyays pretty good episode, hopefully the last makes it worth it.
Sep 23, 2019 9:18 PM

Jul 2016
It was nice to see some of the side characters receiving more focus this time. Cameron and Jamie sure are a pretty capable (and hot) duo.

Overall, quite good episode in terms of storytelling. The dialogues were also on point, especially during the meeting with Tourte and when Kei tried to cheer Tilarna up by saying there are still people who don't necessarily hate Semanians.

So there's just one more episode left, uh? Not really sure how the studio will manage to properly conclude this case with only 20 minutes at disposal but we'll see.
Sep 23, 2019 9:34 PM
Mar 2015
Dead men tell no tales
Sep 23, 2019 11:09 PM

Mar 2014
For those wondering why/frustrated that Tilarna didn't fight off the FBI, they were surrounded with guns pointed at them. Even if Tilarna was able to protect herself we can't say the same about Kei and the jourrnalist.

Not to mention that she didn't know who the corpse was or even how many but even if Tilarna did managed to identify the corpses she couldn't take action anyways because they're FBI agents. They'll just spin the story against them saying two rogue officers attacked and killed FBI agents. She can claim that they were walking corpses but it'll be hard to prove other than her word and once again since it's the FBI they can just tamper with the evidence and/or pull some strings in their favour.
Sep 23, 2019 11:50 PM

Mar 2010
Lol. This whole episode reminds me of the real life elections starting soon.

Wonder why the FBI showed up
Sep 24, 2019 1:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very great episode, I really liked this one.
Looks like they're in a bad situation with these dead FBI agents
Sep 24, 2019 1:49 AM

Aug 2012
First half was bs leftist propaganda. The politician guy was entirely correct. What he should have also said was that everything was owned by someone else at some point. Just because your ancestors owned a piece of land 100 years ago does not mean you have any right over it now. The second part was really great. So I would give it an ok.

KANLen09 said:
The political election arc is not getting any better with the climate of tensions between the alien Semanians and humans.

And I'd have to say, I agree with the Domingo Tourte candidate about the rifts between both races. "Have fun while they're here, and if they don't like it, they can leave." Some wise words. Dabbling in the same subject of "being human or alien", it takes a lot to ascertain one's stand.

So, finally seeing the two undercover ladies from the OP in action, and I presume this is the only time they'll have their screentime.

With the death of Mozeleemay last episode, the wife took the helm to represent his ideals, but as the plot thickens and goes with Zelada returning, there's something aloof about it.

With the plot now making even less sense with more conflicting information, I'm more worried about the last episode's conclusion and execution to wrap this story up in decent fashion.
yeah and to me it was obvious his wife was the big bad from the introduction. It was clear she did not respect her husband and was cheating on him, also that he was messed up in the whole thing. I did not expect her to kill her husband but it kinda make sense.
Sep 24, 2019 5:17 AM

Feb 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
First half was bs leftist propaganda. The politician guy was entirely correct. What he should have also said was that everything was owned by someone else at some point. Just because your ancestors owned a piece of land 100 years ago does not mean you have any right over it now. The second part was really great. So I would give it an ok.

How was it "leftist propaganda" when Tilarna is agruing from gut feeling(the guy is bad naming her kin) while Domingo is just dropping facts(with some anti alien bias) to the point she can't rebuke him.

Also Japan political scene is not like the US, if the politics used seem like the US is because they're copy pasting it with little to no bias because most japanese don't give a crap to what happens outside their borders.
Sep 24, 2019 6:03 AM

Mar 2018
I knew that something was fishy about those FBI agents but I was not expecting all of them but one guy to be under Zelada's control.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 24, 2019 7:40 AM

May 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
First half was bs leftist propaganda. The politician guy was entirely correct. What he should have also said was that everything was owned by someone else at some point. Just because your ancestors owned a piece of land 100 years ago does not mean you have any right over it now.
With similar reasoning, nobody should be entitled to citizenship by birth though. It is up to chance who is born a native and who isn't. Tourte didn't address that obvious counterargument (and it wasn't presented in the first place).

More than left-wing or right-wing propaganda, the main problem is that the debate was incomplete.
Sep 24, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2017
I agree with everything that politician said in the beginning. I have no idea why Tilarna got so upset. Maybe because she realized how right he was, but how she simultaneously couldn't admit to that.
Did she experience cognitive dissonance?
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Sep 24, 2019 9:23 AM

Aug 2012
TheDeedsOfMen said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
First half was bs leftist propaganda. The politician guy was entirely correct. What he should have also said was that everything was owned by someone else at some point. Just because your ancestors owned a piece of land 100 years ago does not mean you have any right over it now.
With similar reasoning, nobody should be entitled to citizenship by birth though. It is up to chance who is born a native and who isn't. Tourte didn't address that obvious counterargument (and it wasn't presented in the first place).

More than left-wing or right-wing propaganda, the main problem is that the debate was incomplete.
Well, it is a debatable subject. First off I am against citizenship by birth. With the exception of US only shit hole countries do this. That being said it is possible if you have citizens without the right to vote. The thing gets a bit more complicated when we talk about associated rights. Democracy as it is now is a complete failure. Only net tax payers that are enlist-able and veterans/active soldiers should vote. Also convicted felons should lose the right for life.
Luxeraph said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

How was it "leftist propaganda" when Tilarna is agruing from gut feeling(the guy is bad naming her kin) while Domingo is just dropping facts(with some anti alien bias) to the point she can't rebuke him.

Also Japan political scene is not like the US, if the politics used seem like the US is because they're copy pasting it with little to no bias because most japanese don't give a crap to what happens outside their borders.
1.Well, we are made to empathize with Tilarna although she is one of the exceptions when it comes to semanians. So in a sense most will be tempted to take her or rather the semanian side.
Just as with other groups the fact that there are honest people among them does not mean we should leave the felons on their midst get away free.

2. There are ample references to the Trump Hilary campaign although it was proved the emperor had no clothes. the only difference was we avoided a devastating war for now.

3.Japan has changed a lot and because their women stopped making babies as a result of US imposed "democracy" they need to import migrants as well. Sorry but in max 10 years the japanese will most likely become a minority in Japan
nightcrawlercypSep 24, 2019 9:31 AM
Sep 24, 2019 10:01 AM
Jan 2019
I knew it! I knew it was all part of that b*tch's plan, Marla. It was decided by everyone, even her husband, to launch the candidacy, now it is only a matter of time for Tourte to be killed as well, unless both are conspired. Damn Zelada, it appears to bother you again. Poor Randall, I hope they don't kill him.
I liked it when Tilarna said she's lucky and Kei tried to cheer her up.
I loved Cammy and Jamie's participation in this episode 😁.

"Politics is not about which one is better. It's about you deciding which one is the best."
Sep 24, 2019 10:11 AM

May 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Well, it is a debatable subject. First off I am against citizenship by birth. With the exception of US only shit hole countries do this.
I am referring to a broader concept. Most countries grant citizenship by birth to the children of its citizens, though some restrictions exist. Why should someone be granted US citizenship simply because their parents also had it? They didn't contribute anything themselves prior to being granted it. Completely up to chance.

The same here. The humans simply happened to be born to human parents. The Semanians simply happened to be born to Semanians parents. Completely up to chance.

nightcrawlercyp said:
That being said it is possible if you have citizens without the right to vote. The thing gets a bit more complicated when we talk about associated rights. Democracy as it is now is a complete failure. Only net tax payers that are enlist-able and veterans/active soldiers should vote. Also convicted felons should lose the right for life.
Are people net tax payers exclusively by their own merits? No, maybe their parents were rich. Maybe they got lucky. Up to chance yet again.

Tying voting rights to military service requires, at the very least, separate justification for their military actions being the morally right thing to do. It also skews voting rights in favor of those who happen to like the values and moral beliefs of the military in question.

Depriving convicted felons of the right to vote makes it easy to purge voter rolls by inventing suitable laws to lock up the supporters of opposing parties.
TheDeedsOfMenSep 24, 2019 10:23 AM
Sep 24, 2019 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
I was wondering why the score took a dip because I missed the last two episodes up til now...but Jesus lord what the hell happened to the animation in this series??? The last two episodes were terrible. The story is still good but jesus man they animators and artists look like they just gave up.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 24, 2019 12:17 PM

Aug 2012
TheDeedsOfMen said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Well, it is a debatable subject. First off I am against citizenship by birth. With the exception of US only shit hole countries do this.
I am referring to a broader concept. Most countries grant citizenship by birth to the children of its citizens, though some restrictions exist. Why should someone be granted US citizenship simply because their parents also had it? They didn't contribute anything themselves prior to being granted it. Completely up to chance.

The same here. The humans simply happened to be born to human parents. The Semanians simply happened to be born to Semanians parents. Completely up to chance.

nightcrawlercyp said:
That being said it is possible if you have citizens without the right to vote. The thing gets a bit more complicated when we talk about associated rights. Democracy as it is now is a complete failure. Only net tax payers that are enlist-able and veterans/active soldiers should vote. Also convicted felons should lose the right for life.
Are people net tax payers exclusively by their own merits? No, maybe their parents were rich. Maybe they got lucky. Up to chance yet again.

Tying voting rights to military service requires, at the very least, separate justification for their military actions being the morally right thing to do. It also skews voting rights in favor of those who happen to like the values and moral beliefs of the military in question.

Depriving convicted felons of the right to vote makes it easy to purge voter rolls by inventing suitable laws to lock up the supporters of opposing parties.

1. granting citizenship to children of citizens. that makes sense. the whole idea is that as a woman you will produce new citizens for the country and as a man you will fight and die in wars if need be. (universal suffrage fucked both up) And all is based on the idea that generally you will not leave the country but settle on your parent's piece of land. Basically it has more to do with owning land in the country.
2. True. But Semanians are invanders. They do not share the culture, history or language of the humans. The culture, customs and history is what bonds a nation together.
3. Not really up to chance. Anyone can learn a trade for a living and pay taxes on the earnings. Is harder now with the multinational corporations but not impossible
4. The thing with the military is like this: anything you have must be protected from being destroyed or stolen by others. The people risking their life to protect all that deserve to decide how it is used. The rest matter less. If there is no one to protect the goods then you will be enslaved by another group and just work for them. Nothing will be yours anymore. So it makes perfect sense. Yes you grow food or whatever but without someone to protect it you could not enjoy the fruits of your labor. And with the exception of US and Russia who are huge if a real war starts any nation will be forced to forcefully enlist all able body men to fight under punishment of death or incarceration.
5. About the last part any law can be abused and it has been abused just in the way you mention in many regimes. Thing is if you do not respect the laws of the country good or bad, you do not have the right to make decisions about it. And if the rules are like this a majority will be affected and they will forcefully change the regime. Also if the Constitution is properly written you cannot do it so easily. That being said despite what they tell you most people can never get elected . Here is the main reason: most people cannot afford the funds not to work for a few months and also fund a campaign. And if you do not that people will not vote you.
Sep 24, 2019 1:13 PM

May 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
1. granting citizenship to children of citizens. that makes sense. the whole idea is that as a woman you will produce new citizens for the country and as a man you will fight and die in wars if need be. (universal suffrage fucked both up) And all is based on the idea that generally you will not leave the country but settle on your parent's piece of land. Basically it has more to do with owning land in the country.
Sex-separated roles as breeding stock and cannon fodder? I didn't expect you to openly endorse ultraconservative arguments. At least I know where you stand, I guess.

To whom does it make sense?

It makes sense to the people who accept your ethical premises, I guess? Essentially people who endorse this variant of ultraconservative thought. That requires separate arguments. Going by my subjective values, I wouldn't want to live in your kind of society.

It makes sense to the people who benefit from this, for instance? Maybe, but then the argument is based on moral egoism and not any seemingly noble goals. And who benefits is completely up to chance based on sex, country of residence, and other external factors (e.g. which wars happen to break out where or the conditions of breeding children for the nation).

Also, it depends on contingent factors which state or other entity people should fight for or whether they should fight at all. The "my country, right or wrong" you are suggesting requires further justification.

Where your parents lived is completely up to chance and inheritance likewise. Didn't earn any of it. You didn't even try to address the argument here.

nightcrawlercyp said:
2. True. But Semanians are invanders. They do not share the culture, history or language of the humans. The culture, customs and history is what bonds a nation together.
Culture is fragmented and varies on a large number of dimensions that cannot be easily quantified or ordered, and they don't always neatly correlate with each other. There is no non-arbitrary way to divide a large pool of individuals into distinct, clear-cut cultural groups. If you think otherwise, present a concrete way to do this so that every state can house a nation and precisely one nation (a culturally homogenous group) in an ethically relevant way.

To give an example in the context of the show, in many ways Kei and Tilarna have more similar values than Kei and Tourte. It is possible to group Kei into a cultural group with either (or neither) if you emphasize different things and tweak the criteria. If we go by cultural similarities and kick out the outsiders, Tourte might easily end up as the one to be kicked out.

Furthermore, why would history be ethically relevant? It is the history of other people and may not motivate an individual born afterwards. The cultural values of a child can dramatically differ from those of their parents.

Bringing up language also seems arbitrary. People can be more culturally aligned with people of another first language than their own.

Whether cultural uniformity is morally desirable also requires separate arguments. The most culturally unified societies imaginable sound dystopian and totalitarian. Even less strict versions can easily end up stamping out dissent, often by implicit means.

nightcrawlercyp said:
3. Not really up to chance. Anyone can learn a trade for a living and pay taxes on the earnings. Is harder now with the multinational corporations but not impossible
If your parents hand you hundreds of millions or you happen to win the lottery, you don't need to do any of that. Then even a person who otherwise wouldn't become a net taxpayer (because of his personality, values, etc.) ends up becoming one. Chance is involved by simple logic. Your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Besides, your argument rests on contingent economic conditions. Jobs may be so sparse and wages so low that it is impossible without luck. Those external conditions are also up to chance (outside the individual's control).

nightcrawlercyp said:
4. The thing with the military is like this: anything you have must be protected from being destroyed or stolen by others. The people risking their life to protect all that deserve to decide how it is used. The rest matter less. If there is no one to protect the goods then you will be enslaved by another group and just work for them. Nothing will be yours anymore. So it makes perfect sense. Yes you grow food or whatever but without someone to protect it you could not enjoy the fruits of your labor. And with the exception of US and Russia who are huge if a real war starts any nation will be forced to forcefully enlist all able body men to fight under punishment of death or incarceration.
You sidestepped my argument. Firstly, even if you sometimes need organized violence, it does not imply that a particular violent organization (in this case, the military) will use it for morally correct purposes. For an obvious example, let's say you enlist and end up napalming a random village of civilians somewhere. Good job.

Secondly, even if you sometimes need organized violence, it does not imply that a particular violent organization upholds morally righteous values. Organizations are not value-neutral. Enlisting can result in harmful consequences even outside actual combat.

nightcrawlercyp said:
5. About the last part any law can be abused and it has been abused just in the way you mention in many regimes. Thing is if you do not respect the laws of the country good or bad, you do not have the right to make decisions about it. And if the rules are like this a majority will be affected and they will forcefully change the regime. Also if the Constitution is properly written you cannot do it so easily.
This gives a carte blanche to any tinpot authoritarian dictator who happens to win an election or in the case of a constitution happens to win a constitutional majority. Also, a majority might be fine with the situation if said tinpot dictator mostly persecutes minorities that can't unseat him. Fairly common in human history and even today.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Thing is if you do not respect the laws of the country good or bad, you do not have the right to make decisions about it.
Completely irrespective of the laws' contents? Well, have fun with all sorts of atrocities then.

nightcrawlercyp said:
That being said despite what they tell you most people can never get elected . Here is the main reason: most people cannot afford the funds not to work for a few months and also fund a campaign. And if you do not that people will not vote you.
So campaign finance is often out of control. How is this relevant to people getting locked up for political reasons? Did you just go on a random tangent here?
TheDeedsOfMenSep 24, 2019 2:55 PM
Sep 24, 2019 1:18 PM

May 2018
Ok, so them Sewmanias were disliked by the Humans, so why???? I guessing in their world, their culture was like that in the middle ages, were one can only be 4 of the ff: Warriors, Magicians, Priest or Nun and farmers, while in earth cu'z of it's advance civilization where democracy rules, they saw that they can be whatever they choose.....

Man those two lesbian cops Cammy and Jaime were hot
Sep 24, 2019 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, first Tilarna blues, then they get captured like newbies. Just hoping the plot armour won't be too thick next episode.

Shout-outs to sleep-deprived Cammy & Jamie.
Sep 24, 2019 4:57 PM

Nov 2017
Shiromeki said:
Lol. This whole episode reminds me of the real life elections starting soon.

Wonder why the FBI showed up

Tourte 2020 Keep San-Teresa Great!! Vs Elizabeth Mozeleemy Persist
Sep 24, 2019 7:32 PM

Sep 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Well, it is a debatable subject. First off I am against citizenship by birth. With the exception of US only shit hole countries do this. [...]

I mean, Nearly all America (The americas if you think that NA & SA are different continents or you're from the States) has birthright citizenship, I'm pretty sure Canada, Luxembourg, alongside parts of Mexico, are not shitholes.

Not related in any form: Your 9/10 score for Arifureta really scares me.
TomatoSempaiSep 25, 2019 9:59 AM

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Sep 24, 2019 11:23 PM

Dec 2015
The politics of this show the last couple episodes have really started to irritate me. Not only is it incredibly unreasonable, it clearly has a very biased agenda it's trying to push right now. Never thought I'd say that about an anime, but it's true.
Sep 24, 2019 11:34 PM

May 2014
TomatoSempai said:
quote=nightcrawlercyp message=58412310
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Well, it is a debatable subject. First off I am against citizenship by birth. With the exception of US only shit hole countries do this. [...]
I mean, Nearly all America (The americas if you think that NA & SA are different continents or you're from the States) has birthright citizenship, I'm pretty sure Canada, Luxembourg, alongside parts of Mexico, are not shitholes.

Your broken quotes make it seem like I wrote that, which isn't the case. Maybe you should fix that.
TheDeedsOfMenSep 25, 2019 12:35 PM
Sep 25, 2019 1:54 AM
Nov 2016
TheDeedsOfMen said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Sex-separated roles as breeding stock and cannon fodder? I didn't expect you to openly endorse ultraconservative arguments. At least I know where you stand, I guess.

Holy cow, you're a delusional leftist idiot. I'm not going to go over everything you said because it was a bunch of idiotic rambling that is in a post that is way too long, but I will reply to the first thing you said that I quoted of you above. The vast, VAST majority of people who die as Soldiers are men. Men can't give birth. These aren't arguments, let alone ultraconservative arguments, these are facts.
Sep 25, 2019 2:14 AM

May 2014
redwhitenblue said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Holy cow, you're a delusional leftist idiot. I'm not going to go over everything you said because it was a bunch of idiotic rambling
It is easy to call people idiots. Anyone can do that. Actual arguments are hard.

Also, the main arguments in my posts above do not hinge on any left-wing premises. Do you think that calling out logical fallacies and asking for additional justification are somehow left-wing?

redwhitenblue said:
that is in a post that is way too long,
I can't help it if the other party brings up a long list of unjustified claims.

redwhitenblue said:
The vast, VAST majority of people who die as Soldiers are men.
That is a descriptive proposition. The idea that men (and specifically men) should wage wars on the behalf of states is a normative proposition. The former does not logically imply the latter. Your argument relies on an obvious argumentative fallacy.

More specifically in this case, something being popular doesn't logically imply that it is ethically correct or holds special ethical value. Arguing that it does is also an argumentative fallacy. You would have to somehow separately prove that popularity implies ethical value.

redwhitenblue said:
Men can't give birth.
That is a descriptive proposition. The idea that women have a moral duty to produce children for the sake of nations is a normative proposition. The former does not logically imply the latter. The same argumentative fallacy as before.

redwhitenblue said:
These aren't arguments, let alone ultraconservative arguments,
You are trying to reach conclusions, so you are trying to use them as arguments in the sense that people normally use the word "argument."

redwhitenblue said:
these are facts.
"The vast majority of people who die as Soldiers are men" and "Men can't give birth" are descriptive, factual statements, sure, but they do not imply the ethical conclusions that you are trying to draw. They are irrelevant tangents. It is like you don't understand the premises, conclusions, logic, or argumentation in play here.

By the way, the reason why your arguments fail isn't leftism. It is the absence of valid logic. I haven't even adopted any left-wing premises in this entire post.
TheDeedsOfMenSep 25, 2019 2:43 AM
Sep 25, 2019 3:04 AM

Oct 2017
Well Marla always seemed kinda fishy, so she was after her husbands assassination after all.
Sep 25, 2019 9:57 AM

Sep 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
TomatoSempai said:
[quote=nightcrawlercyp message=58412310

Your broken quotes make it seem like I wrote that, which isn't the case. Maybe you should fix that.
You are, indeed, right, sorry for the typo. I'll correct it :) thanks for letting me know, comrade!

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
Sep 25, 2019 12:24 PM

Aug 2012
TomatoSempai said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Luxembourg is extremely small and needs as many people as possible. Both Mexico and Canada are places you would not want to move to. What scares you about that score?
TheDeedsOfMen said:
redwhitenblue said:

Holy cow, you're a delusional leftist idiot. I'm not going to go over everything you said because it was a bunch of idiotic rambling
It is easy to call people idiots. Anyone can do that. Actual arguments are hard.

Also, the main arguments in my posts above do not hinge on any left-wing premises. Do you think that calling out logical fallacies and asking for additional justification are somehow left-wing?

redwhitenblue said:
that is in a post that is way too long,
I can't help it if the other party brings up a long list of unjustified claims.

redwhitenblue said:
The vast, VAST majority of people who die as Soldiers are men.
That is a descriptive proposition. The idea that men (and specifically men) should wage wars on the behalf of states is a normative proposition. The former does not logically imply the latter. Your argument relies on an obvious argumentative fallacy.

More specifically in this case, something being popular doesn't logically imply that it is ethically correct or holds special ethical value. Arguing that it does is also an argumentative fallacy. You would have to somehow separately prove that popularity implies ethical value.

redwhitenblue said:
Men can't give birth.
That is a descriptive proposition. The idea that women have a moral duty to produce children for the sake of nations is a normative proposition. The former does not logically imply the latter. The same argumentative fallacy as before.

redwhitenblue said:
These aren't arguments, let alone ultraconservative arguments,
You are trying to reach conclusions, so you are trying to use them as arguments in the sense that people normally use the word "argument."

redwhitenblue said:
these are facts.
"The vast majority of people who die as Soldiers are men" and "Men can't give birth" are descriptive, factual statements, sure, but they do not imply the ethical conclusions that you are trying to draw. They are irrelevant tangents. It is like you don't understand the premises, conclusions, logic, or argumentation in play here.

By the way, the reason why your arguments fail isn't leftism. It is the absence of valid logic. I haven't even adopted any left-wing premises in this entire post.

1. women cannot go in wars. they will die. As a dimorphic species men are much much stronger and resilient than women. Also you can repopulate a country with 1 man and 1000 women, the opposite is not true. So you cannot afford letting a majority of women going to war
2. without most women producing at least 3 babies each your population dies off in 3 generations. Is not fallacy, is biology.
3. someone has to fight to defend what you own . Unfortunately we do not live in Eden anymore. And women sure cannot do it. Over 99% of women cannot survive without men (and yes women can survive without a man but not without men as collective)
TheDeedsOfMen said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

To whom does it make sense?

It makes sense to the people who accept your ethical premises, I guess? Essentially people who endorse this variant of ultraconservative thought. That requires separate arguments. Going by my subjective values, I wouldn't want to live in your kind of society.

It makes sense to the people who benefit from this, for instance? Maybe, but then the argument is based on moral egoism and not any seemingly noble goals. And who benefits is completely up to chance based on sex, country of residence, and other external factors (e.g. which wars happen to break out where or the conditions of breeding children for the nation).

Also, it depends on contingent factors which state or other entity people should fight for or whether they should fight at all. The "my country, right or wrong" you are suggesting requires further justification.

Where your parents lived is completely up to chance and inheritance likewise. Didn't earn any of it. You didn't even try to address the argument here.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Culture is fragmented and varies on a large number of dimensions that cannot be easily quantified or ordered, and they don't always neatly correlate with each other. There is no non-arbitrary way to divide a large pool of individuals into distinct, clear-cut cultural groups. If you think otherwise, present a concrete way to do this so that every state can house a nation and precisely one nation (a culturally homogenous group) in an ethically relevant way.

To give an example in the context of the show, in many ways Kei and Tilarna have more similar values than Kei and Tourte. It is possible to group Kei into a cultural group with either (or neither) if you emphasize different things and tweak the criteria. If we go by cultural similarities and kick out the outsiders, Tourte might easily end up as the one to be kicked out.

Furthermore, why would history be ethically relevant? It is the history of other people and may not motivate an individual born afterwards. The cultural values of a child can dramatically differ from those of their parents.

Bringing up language also seems arbitrary. People can be more culturally aligned with people of another first language than their own.

Whether cultural uniformity is morally desirable also requires separate arguments. The most culturally unified societies imaginable sound dystopian and totalitarian. Even less strict versions can easily end up stamping out dissent, often by implicit means.

nightcrawlercyp said:
If your parents hand you hundreds of millions or you happen to win the lottery, you don't need to do any of that. Then even a person who otherwise wouldn't become a net taxpayer (because of his personality, values, etc.) ends up becoming one. Chance is involved by simple logic. Your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Besides, your argument rests on contingent economic conditions. Jobs may be so sparse and wages so low that it is impossible without luck. Those external conditions are also up to chance (outside the individual's control).

nightcrawlercyp said:
You sidestepped my argument. Firstly, even if you sometimes need organized violence, it does not imply that a particular violent organization (in this case, the military) will use it for morally correct purposes. For an obvious example, let's say you enlist and end up napalming a random village of civilians somewhere. Good job.

Secondly, even if you sometimes need organized violence, it does not imply that a particular violent organization upholds morally righteous values. Organizations are not value-neutral. Enlisting can result in harmful consequences even outside actual combat.

nightcrawlercyp said:
5. About the last part any law can be abused and it has been abused just in the way you mention in many regimes. Thing is if you do not respect the laws of the country good or bad, you do not have the right to make decisions about it. And if the rules are like this a majority will be affected and they will forcefully change the regime. Also if the Constitution is properly written you cannot do it so easily.
This gives a carte blanche to any tinpot authoritarian dictator who happens to win an election or in the case of a constitution happens to win a constitutional majority. Also, a majority might be fine with the situation if said tinpot dictator mostly persecutes minorities that can't unseat him. Fairly common in human history and even today.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Thing is if you do not respect the laws of the country good or bad, you do not have the right to make decisions about it.
Completely irrespective of the laws' contents? Well, have fun with all sorts of atrocities then.

nightcrawlercyp said:
That being said despite what they tell you most people can never get elected . Here is the main reason: most people cannot afford the funds not to work for a few months and also fund a campaign. And if you do not that people will not vote you.
So campaign finance is often out of control. How is this relevant to people getting locked up for political reasons? Did you just go on a random tangent here?

I just saw the first comment. A nation is formed on a common culture history language customs. Is extremely important. Multiculturalism is bs. Is just saying: here, take all I got ! Is not arbitrary. Only black people call themselves based on their skin color europeans and asians generally call themselves based on those links. That is why we call ourselves british or romanian or bulgarian or whatever.
So just because a small minority are so well off they do not need to work it means it invalidates the fact that most people can become contributing members of society instead of leeches? I doubt it.
Army is not organized violence. And conflicts appear from different causes. If I have no resources and see someone having them I might smash him in the head to get them. Is human nature and we must acknowledge it and take steps to protect ourselves. BTW based on your answers when the war comes you will probably be among the first to die.
So a dictatorship of minorities and lazy bumps that refuse to work over the majority and those that are willing to work is better? It eliminates the incentive to work and everything goes to chaos. Basically in your future everybody is poor and dying because poor minorities need to have their way.
YES irrespective of the laws. If the laws are bad either move somewhere else or gather an army and change them. Plenty of kings and dictators got killed by their subjects if they abused them.
My point was that democracy is an illusion. About people getting locked for political reasons they still do everywhere. They just control the media and people like you to the point no one realizes.
nightcrawlercypSep 25, 2019 12:44 PM
Sep 25, 2019 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
hmmm so the FBI is in on it...who knew
Sep 25, 2019 1:13 PM

May 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Also you can repopulate a country with 1 man and 1000 women, the opposite is not true. So you cannot afford letting a majority of women going to war
If that is the plan, I guess my "breeding stock" line wasn't hyperbole at all.

Why is repopulating a nation (a homogenous cultural group) even ethically relevant in the first place? Why should we care? Other than your subjective opinion? By the way, mankind would live on even without the nation if that's what you are trying to appeal to (and that would raise further problems).

nightcrawlercyp said:
2. without most women producing at least 3 babies each your population dies off in 3 generations. Is not fallacy, is biology.
Biology does not study ethics. You are assuming that the survival of a nation (or a single-nation state, I suppose) is so ethically important that women have a moral duty to produce a sufficiently large number of children (thus overriding other possible values). That is a normative premise that depends on your ethical values, on which biology says nothing.

nightcrawlercyp said:
1. women cannot go in wars. they will die. As a dimorphic species men are much much stronger and resilient than women.
nightcrawlercyp said:
3. someone has to fight to defend what you own . Unfortunately we do not live in Eden anymore. And women sure cannot do it. Over 99% of women cannot survive without men (and yes women can survive without a man but not without men as collective)
[Citation needed.]

nightcrawlercyp said:
Unfortunately we do not live in Eden anymore.
At first I thought this was a metaphor, but do you mean this literally?

nightcrawlercyp said:
3. someone has to fight to defend what you own .
Even if we accept that, it implies nothing about whether anyone should blindly wage the wars of any particular state, nation, or government or join any particular military organization.

"Sometimes people need violence" says very little about any of this. The person might just as easily defend a group that isn't a nation or defend an entity that isn't a single-nation state. They might try to defend only their closest associates, all mankind, or any other option. Where does the special role of nations and homogenous culture come in? Nowhere. You just subjectively assumed so.

You are just listing your subjective ethical beliefs and calling them facts, and even those arguments are left vague and incoherent. What a waste of time. I think I am pretty much done with this conversation.
TheDeedsOfMenSep 25, 2019 2:08 PM
Sep 25, 2019 1:54 PM
Sep 2018
Wow, this thread went south fast. Who could've seen that one coming.
Sep 25, 2019 2:15 PM

May 2014
MyDadDisownedMe said:
Contemporary racially charged politics. Nothing works better.
Sep 25, 2019 2:16 PM

Sep 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
MyDadDisownedMe said:
Contemporary racially charged politics. Nothing works better.
OOOF! Nothing better than an agenda.

Sep 25, 2019 7:56 PM

Sep 2017
Really good episode story wise. I wish the entire show could focus on long and interesting cases like this. Still feels like it will be hard to tie up this arc in one episode.

Edit: Yikes wtf happened in this thread lmao. Take your irrelevant arguments elsewhere.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

109 by Dawizz »»
Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

55 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

50 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2019

73 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

49 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 17, 2023 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.