Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 2, 2019 2:35 AM

Jun 2014
I can see why they decided to chance things up for the first episode of the anime, but it probably would have been better if they just followed the manga and started off from the first chapter, it would have been better.

At the same time, I can understand why they started the way they did, the anime only has 12 episodes and if they would have followed the manga, the anime would have had many mysteries and unanswered questions.
:3
Jul 2, 2019 2:38 AM

Oct 2017
First half episode looked poor ,but second was really nice! Imo antagonist is really bad and plot would be really expectable.Probably it would be not bad, not good
For now im giving it 5/10 ,waiting for next ep
Jul 2, 2019 2:45 AM

Aug 2012
dc22 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Nice episode. But the name choosing makes me wonder if the writer is trolling us:
patria - literally means homeland
henrietta- female name
Cain - the only proper name killer of Abel
Somnium - Sleep -ium
Renescastle - Rennes Castle

I this trolling or just bad name choice?

Not to mention Cain's lastname is...Madhouse
You know, the studio from which studio MAPPA originated from.
Missed that one :D
Kxrumi said:
The first five minutes were pathetic, nothing was understood. Transformations (ridiculous) from nothing and at the most (in)opportune moment of the battle...
I wonder, what need to send an entire armed troop if they already had the "Incarnate" who possess superhuman powers and who are capable of eliminating an entire army? Many deaths in vain so that then the battalion of Pokemons comes to eliminate them as if nothing xD

Another thing I found strange is the choice of names:
- Cain: What is this, the Bible?
- "Patria" ? Literally means "homeland" in Spanish lol
- Bancroft, Nancy Schaal: Bancroft by Anne Bancroft? Nancy + Shaal don't fit much, do they? Since Shaal is apparently a Jewish name ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schaal_(surname) ) and the above are Anglo-Saxon.
- Hank: Just hank
- Somnium: I already want to sleep

I don't know what to expect from this anime, but this first chapter was pretty loose, though not as much as Fairy Gone.
Patria comes from latin so it would be in most romance languages not just Spanish. Anyway thank you for adding to my list of weird naming :D
nightcrawlercypJul 2, 2019 2:48 AM
Jul 2, 2019 4:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It was a bit meh with crazy pacinguntil we got the twist at the end. I expected Cain to do something like that (with that name there was no other way), but not quite in the way that it happened.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 2, 2019 4:39 AM

Apr 2015
Not dire, but extremely mediocre. One of the most predictable episodes I ever watched.
Jul 2, 2019 4:42 AM
Jan 2017
at first the incarnation team has the power like god they said,,
and win so many war easly, but all change after the one of them losing control and losing their self as human, and the leader of them trying to stop his member and search for vengeance for his love killer,,

interesting anime with so much blood,,
mappa always give the best for this such anime,,
Jul 2, 2019 4:50 AM

Nov 2018
I watched it because of the leads' character designs, Hmm it was going somewhat interesting until the betrayal scene, after which it was a bit underwhelming. Wonder if I will stick with it.
Also Mafumafu in the ending song is a nice surprise. And I see its actually the OP song, and I assume the actual ED song will be by Gero, which is another nice surprise.
Jul 2, 2019 5:43 AM
Jul 2016
So... basically Wolverine got tired of the X-Men and went merc.
Jul 2, 2019 6:05 AM

Apr 2016
Wow that was rushed.
Jul 2, 2019 6:11 AM
Apr 2018
Axelucard said:
Fairy Gone 2.0 lol.

but seriously this much better than Fairy Gone. And a lot of stuff happening this episode.

Can't really say Fairy Gone 2.0. Katsute's manga came out first so...
Jul 2, 2019 6:13 AM

Feb 2016
ziad1419 said:
HereticHunter said:

First impressions are important, it isn't that hard to notice how bad the pacing were and how it hurts its potential. If this was presented in 2-3 episodes it would have been way better than the sorry mess they did. Its not bitching for the sake of bitching, we have our reasons to think it wasn't a good start as you have your reasons to think it was, that doesn't mean we are wrong.

This episode have a lot of orginal moments not of manga
Real start will be in next week
You should understand

What should I understand? Understand what? That the content of the first episode wasn't on the manga? How does that make this episode any better?

If you failed to understand what I meant, let me explain: First impressions are just that, First impressions, this episode didn't give me a good one. Whether or not this anime turns out to be better than that is a complete different matter.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 2, 2019 6:15 AM
Apr 2018
I keep seeing people saying 'Fairy Gone 2.0' and it annoys me.
Jul 2, 2019 6:19 AM
Apr 2016
A great fantasy series in the beginning. Powers taking over humans, deities created by mortals, grey morality, an insane childhood friend - check check check CHEEEEEEEKKO!
Non-generic scene transitions, symbolism (Cain not betraying everyone? Nah), foreshadowing - all the signs of a decent series. Considering Mappa has a lot of experience with that, I believe we will not be disappointed by raw, unprocessed story the Fairy Gone is, for example.
I approve.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Nice episode. But the name choosing makes me wonder if the writer is trolling us:
patria - literally means homeland
henrietta- female name
Cain - the only proper name killer of Abel
Somnium - Sleep -ium
Renescastle - Rennes Castle

I this trolling or just bad name choice?

Cain is a literal symbolism example. Could you use more informative sentences to express your point?
XselfesterX said:
RaiRye said:
That was a quick war lol

Interesting plot but idk why Cain didn't finish the captain off, is there maybe a reason to it?

And damn boi, that ed sync with the explosion was superb! It gave me chills lmao

RaiRye, He didn't finish him off because he thought he was dead because that bullet kills the Incarnates in one bullet but for some reason he survived from the bullet. My guess is that he was strong that he survived from that.

I could provide some other explanation. First of all, it's all a big experiment and the Doctor... Girl did not have any data whether they will really work like that. It clearly disabled him, as it is made to "painlessly" slay Incarnates. But is Hank that much of an Incarnate? He has no signs of corruption on his body, and we see him transform once after the whole episode. Could it be bullet works wonders on Incarnates who are taken over by the power, but since Hank is in full control (as of now) it did not do much damage to him.
Also Cain is insane and we have no idea what his agenda is. Normal case, he left Hank dying because he thought it would work. Usual case? He left him alive with the purpose of Hank going after him and causing more havoc/chaos OR fulfilling his agenda. Profoundly insane villains usually plan ahead.
Luthandorius said:
Does MAPPA have a subscription on bad manga? Again - while the studio is good when it does original stuff - another anime where it seemed boring. The first episode was less interesting than Dororo. I expect the action to be a little bit fun - to be able to watch it. But probably boring plot and chars with just Hank hunting the other guys and no deeper plot/politics.

First episode -
no deeper plot/politics
Did everyone suddenly become so genius their minds ascended beyond working properly in our imperfect reality? How did I miss that??
Swagernator said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Heh, it’s not?
But I was so sure of it while rewatching that bit.

No i thought they're the same person, but they are not lol, i just realized that reading your first post.

Elaine is either dead (a waste) or will be revealed to have been turned into an Incarnate by Cain and thus a monster to hunt (that's the way to go for drama). Either way the girl we see in the preview is not her.
Daniel_NaumovJul 2, 2019 6:27 AM
Re:formed
Jul 2, 2019 6:57 AM
Mar 2018
As a first episode, I would give it a 7.5. I don't know nothing about the manga, so I'm just considering this episode of the anime.

It begins with a fast explain about a civil war (the mineral they talked about is somehow important?) and introduce the Incarnates.

The Incarnates walking in the middle of the battlefield without being attacked... it looked like a bad joke, i guess it is not important, but a negative point anyways.

Elaine, scientist/doctor and ?creator? of the Incarnates. Good character, she tries to find a cure, fails, and then decides to end with her creations before they go into madness even if she loves one of them. I approve her, 10/10. Maybe she is still alive, I don't care, her job is done.

Cain... he has everything a stupid villain needs (and that's very bad in my opinion). Name of a villain, he laughs as a villain when he doesn't even need to laugh, poor looking like decisions (he leaves the MC alive, why?), weird ?traitor?... maybe in the upcoming episodes he improves with an amazing master plan, but for now, I rate him a 1/10.

Too many filler characters being presented? Well, probably. Maybe they just wanted to explain how good the relatonship among the Incarnates were.

And finally... the hunt begins. It reminds me of Dororo where Hyakkimaru is hunting down the demons.

I like the violence, the blood, and the dark setting. The hunting of monsters looks so interesting aswell, waiting for the next episode, where the real plot should begins.
Jul 2, 2019 7:41 AM

Mar 2016
Interesting enough I'd say. It looks similar to Fairy Gone but it is executed much better. But I wouldn't like to be around for this show for more than 12 episodes. While the animation is good it runs on low in in-betweens, the backgrounds are very simplified (they lack detail -they are in a war and everything is so damm clean... What?) and the voice choices are pretty meh. Nowadays there's so much anime coming out that the VA's are basically the same for all series. How about starting casting more people Japan? The story seems to be pretty set on target and doesn't look like it could run for very long.

6/10.
Jul 2, 2019 7:59 AM

Sep 2010
Never trust a character named Cain - the biblical reference isn't there by chance
Jul 2, 2019 9:18 AM
Sep 2017
Solid first episode! Nothing groundbreaking or particulary original, but good at what it's trying to do. The pacing was pretty fast , but I think it's clear that this is the prologue and the real story will start next week. I expect the pace to slow down from here on and focus more on the characters and themes.

The one big red flag for me going forward is the quality of the dialogue and the interactions. Those were really cheesy and uninspired and if this show wants to be more than just action and actually explore it's themes and characters this will be simply not good enough and may sink the show for me.

But for now, I'm intigued.

Jul 2, 2019 9:45 AM

Jun 2017
Lot of potential here.

Really fast paced but I think they really wanted to introduce what the story will be about. Kind of predictable. Pretty good animation and thank got, there's no CG.

Swagernator said:
Also i hate when anime characters start to laugh out of nowhere.

Same. But it looked unnecessary here. It was like he was saying "oh look at me I'm the villain!"
Jul 2, 2019 9:48 AM

Jun 2015
I enjoyed the first episode, gonna stick around with this one.
ok :p
Jul 2, 2019 9:58 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
First few minutes felt a bit meh to me, but it got better in the second half. Looking forward to the rest of it since it has so much potential.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 2, 2019 11:54 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm new resources always end up causing conflict. The odds that the north faced though sure was grim as shown in the first battle. Still the incarnates really showed their effectiveness there though. Hmm the northern commanders are your typical backseat general who only cares about victory huh. Still despite being test subjects the incarnates sure were an interesting bunch. Still to think that the curse that they had to pay could cause them to go mad though. But if anything when combined with the war the costs incurred by the incarnates sure were brutal. Cain though sure knows how to raise morale though lol. That betrayal though sure came out of nowhere. While Elaine's logic was sound its too bad that she ended up trusting the wrong person. Overall an excellent ep that did well in introducing both the main cast and the setting. Ironic how the incarnates went from being gods that were admired to beings that are now feared.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2019 12:12 PM
Apr 2017
i think the episode is great
i know it a taste matter but i feel like the anime score should be above 8
the animation look awesome and the monsters transformation looks cool and the story is good
Jul 2, 2019 1:17 PM
Oct 2013
I really enjoyed the first episode. A quick backstory and then straight to the point. The concept is nice and I'm hoping we'll get some good fight scenes from the series. I really like the fact that there's blood/gore/realistic violence - it helps give it a dark undertone. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 2, 2019 1:52 PM

Dec 2010
I really enjoyed this - looking forward to the next episode.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jul 2, 2019 2:29 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty decent start. We'll see where it goes from here
Fortune favours the bold!

Jul 2, 2019 2:56 PM

Mar 2019
i sorry i just under 2:00 in the episode but i have to put it out of my system... WHO WAS THE GENIUS THAT ORDERED A CHARGE AGAINST A WELL DEFENDED FORT? If you have this elite force who can get the heat send them alone, don't massacre you already small army for no reason... Ok, that's all
Jul 2, 2019 3:02 PM
Feb 2019
You know if this was like Dragonball this episode could have been a season lol.
Jul 2, 2019 4:29 PM

Oct 2017
I loved this. Art is great, really good direciton of the action scenes with good animation where it counts and PLOT. Loved that fast moving plot. Interesting set-up and then the twist and finally we have the premise for the rest of the show it would seem (Hank tracking down and killing his old comrades with long-term goal of findging Cain / Elaine).

Character design is on point too. Hank looks awesome. Girls are cute with a good mix of oppai and pettanko so far. The incarnate forms are slightly on the generic side on the whole but I really like how they're drawn and animated so I don't mind.

Will probably save this for the end of the season and watch without the long wait. Have fun weekly watchers!
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jul 2, 2019 5:31 PM

Feb 2014
Seems the start is a good one. Hope this is not like the clueless and full of flashbacks Fairy Gone.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 2, 2019 7:23 PM

Jul 2009
well shit, the hot one turns out to be an evil bastard. damnit!
Jul 2, 2019 7:55 PM
Feb 2019
is Elaine dead? i kinda hope she is honestly he deserves someone better
Jul 2, 2019 7:56 PM
Feb 2019
Inugirlz said:
well shit, the hot one turns out to be an evil bastard. damnit!

LOLOLOL i was so sad
Jul 2, 2019 8:29 PM
Oct 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
dc22 said:

Not to mention Cain's lastname is...Madhouse
You know, the studio from which studio MAPPA originated from.
Missed that one :D
Kxrumi said:
The first five minutes were pathetic, nothing was understood. Transformations (ridiculous) from nothing and at the most (in)opportune moment of the battle...
I wonder, what need to send an entire armed troop if they already had the "Incarnate" who possess superhuman powers and who are capable of eliminating an entire army? Many deaths in vain so that then the battalion of Pokemons comes to eliminate them as if nothing xD

Another thing I found strange is the choice of names:
- Cain: What is this, the Bible?
- "Patria" ? Literally means "homeland" in Spanish lol
- Bancroft, Nancy Schaal: Bancroft by Anne Bancroft? Nancy + Shaal don't fit much, do they? Since Shaal is apparently a Jewish name ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schaal_(surname) ) and the above are Anglo-Saxon.
- Hank: Just hank
- Somnium: I already want to sleep

I don't know what to expect from this anime, but this first chapter was pretty loose, though not as much as Fairy Gone.
Patria comes from latin so it would be in most romance languages not just Spanish. Anyway thank you for adding to my list of weird naming :D
You're welcome xd
Jul 2, 2019 9:22 PM
Jan 2018
So is Elaine alive?
Jul 2, 2019 9:29 PM

Nov 2016
At the start I thought we needed a bit more setup for the action and that the show had gone into the good parts too quickly. When I realized that the War stuff with the Incarnates WAS the setup I changed my mind a little bit.

Now its seems to be a Quest to find the rest of the incarnates and kill them before they go too crazy but I don't doubt that the MC will also go Berserk in the process (Unless he is the base for the Incarnates or he was the most refined one).

The Scene with the MC and discounts "Yabami Yumeko" could've been the perfect finale if this was a Short film.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2019 12:39 AM
Sep 2016
I really don't get why people keep comparing this to Fairy Gone. It's a completely different setting with completely different powers and stories. Just because the synopses are similar, doesn't mean the shows are.
Jul 3, 2019 12:46 AM

Apr 2013
The first minute was the only good part.
Jul 3, 2019 2:08 AM

Mar 2019
So basically "monster case" of the week with some sub plot of his former mate working in the shadows I guess. Ehh wasn't anything special. The last scene was good.
Jul 3, 2019 2:27 AM

Jun 2013
everything is cheap in this show.

story, characters, animation, design...

the manga looks better however
Jul 3, 2019 2:57 AM

Mar 2016
I only watched this because this was from Mappa.

Kind of reminded me of Fairy Gone at times. It was an interesting anime, but somehow boring at the same time; I ended up dropping it, but I hope I can enjoy this anime. So far, this is kind of fun.

'Fukigen na Mononokean' surprised me with Wolpis Carter, '7 Seeds' surprised me with Amatsuki, and this surprised me with Mafumafu. Hope those three get to sing for more animes.
Jul 3, 2019 3:02 AM

Apr 2017
At the start I thought we were gonna get a copy of Fairy Gone, a boring and a pointless show. Well, the episode wasn't great whatsoever. However, I actually enjoyed it. Looking forward to another episode.
Jul 3, 2019 4:29 AM

Oct 2017
Damn I knew smthng like this was gonna happen. This was a gd start lets see what happens next.
Jul 3, 2019 4:33 AM

May 2009
KANLen09 said:
As per the case, MAPPA visuals less than usual but good for now, no 3D monster visuals as compared to Fairy Gone.

That's because Fairy Stands are highly reusable compared to beasts here that most likely most of them will die in same episode they will re-appear (except for main antagonist and Hank)
bastek66Jul 5, 2019 7:04 AM
Jul 3, 2019 5:01 AM

Jun 2015
I honestly don't know if I should drop this or not, because I felt like I just watched an entire series in one episode. I didn't even care for the characters enough before they were slaughtered,or were they not even important characters to begin with?
I heard from some manga readers that this episode fast forwarded everything and the upcoming episodes (starting from ep3) will begin the story from the beginning, so the series will be like a giant flashback.
I'm honestly hesitating so much on this
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Jul 3, 2019 5:09 AM

Jun 2013
yvanedisco said:
Axelucard said:
Fairy Gone 2.0 lol.

but seriously this much better than Fairy Gone. And a lot of stuff happening this episode.

Can't really say Fairy Gone 2.0. Katsute's manga came out first so...

it's just a joke chill brah
Jul 3, 2019 5:35 AM

Oct 2007
Simply amazing, so Hank is now hunting down his former comrades.. espescially that Cain guy. Also liking the american civil war vibes with those ironclads and the soldiers behind the wall.

Much better than Fairy Gone. Will be following this. :)
Jul 3, 2019 6:45 AM

May 2019
I'm really excited to see where this goes, and from the looks of episode 1, I'll definitely be reading the manga soon. Cain is going to be a really interesting character, it's just a shame that the world is tied down in such little time; a long episode (or manga) count would've been great imo, although I haven't read the manga yet so I can't say, just speculation. because I have a feeling I'm going to want to see a lot more of this.

Extremely interesting concept, based on Jekyll and Hyde perhaps?

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 3, 2019 6:57 AM

Apr 2015
I went in expecting nothing and I absolutely loved the first episode, Plot seems good, Characters seem cool especially the MC and the op is absolute fire!!!
Defo gonna keep watching this one.
Jul 3, 2019 7:08 AM
Mar 2018
Did anyone else find all the characters in this opener to be incredibly stale? Don't know if this show is going to be for me to be honest, but I'll give it a couple more episodes
Jul 3, 2019 7:40 AM

Oct 2007
liamhabib said:

Extremely interesting concept, based on Jekyll and Hyde perhaps?

hmm, they do seem to develop a more evil personality as they mutate more into beasts.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

80 by Wolfie_WildeSan »»
Feb 19, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

72 by Fisher94 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:26 AM

» Does this anime have nudity in it?

yed123 - Feb 6, 2022

1 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Oct 14, 2023 6:58 PM

» Is the score low just because it is "poorly adapted"

GilgaGOAT - Sep 18, 2019

9 by amf85 »»
Oct 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

40 by PedroKarim64 »»
Dec 15, 2022 3:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.