Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 26, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm glad that Tuesday has the support of her mother. And of course, Carole reunites with Tuesday after being involved in a kidnapping.

Man, this episode got really thrilling with the car chase. I was actually not expecting the show to take this direction but at least she's safe now. Angela performs again. Not much change to her singing style but she's got talent for sure.

Also I'm glad to see Tuesday's confidence restored again. She's even playing her guitar!
Jun 26, 2019 9:26 AM

Nov 2007
No OP and ED?

Tuesday's mother restricting her from out to prevent from scandal of her own election. ("Not expecting too much of her")

Carole sent messages to Tuesday, but she doesn't know how to reply to her.

Their manager said Tuesday went back to her family, so she might be happy now. Then later told her his true thought, which he regret his decision he did before, which is the same situation.

Tuesday's brother told her how he felt. He gave up his dream and wanting her to have her own.

ex-child actress singer requested HiroC's character to look at her (wanting someone to approve her), not AI. He said just one day.

Tuesday's brother helping her out, but blocked by AI, and Miyu-Miyu's character pretend to be fan. People heliping out getting her out and back to the final.

Both trying to be back for final, ex-child actress singer's "mother" happy she can automatically win if they are not back. She wants to have a fair competition.

Their opponent already singing first. About Fire. I'm glad they caught up, though they didn't arrive before the show begins (it is out for the female judge). Everyone including their opponent wanting them to perform even though they are late.

Their song is their first song they created in the series.
The song even made Mamo's character shed tear. They lost, but was given a chance to debut with the winner (by the female judge who kept saying should follow the show's rule, but finally gave exceptions with the audience and another judge helping the duo) .

Recap next ep. (Does that mean last ep. was the final chance to hear the OP and ED, and new OP and ED will be starting two weeks later?)
tsubasaloverJun 27, 2019 1:09 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 26, 2019 11:39 AM
Aug 2008

Split cour?

<Extra words for longer post>
Jun 27, 2019 12:24 AM

Nov 2007
Wojtini21 said:
Split cour?
No, next week will be recap, then ep. 13 will be aired following it (there is no new anime for +Ultra planned for summer season).
tsubasaloverJun 27, 2019 12:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 27, 2019 8:29 AM

Dec 2015
I knew Carole & Tuesday would lose to Angela (because it's the mid season point) but I didn't expect the judges to let them go on to debut. And at the end it seemed like Angela and Carole & Tuesday were cool with each other. Kinda makes me wonder where the conflict will come from during the 2nd cour.
Jun 27, 2019 9:18 AM

Feb 2014
The Loneliest Girl, the song that changed hearts. This song was really the breakthrough for Carole & Tuesday. I love how it portrays their feelings into words. Even the judges and the people could not hold it in that they had to change the rules. Ertegun felt overwhelmed too. I guess the journey just started here.

This episode Angela with her character development and the song left the most impact. Her determination and the respect for her opponents justify her growth as a processional.

Not every journey starts as smooth but will build up to be. I hope Tuesday's mother too realizes it. Her brother has acknowledged her passion too since he too once had the dream to do so. Its basically like he's passing on his dreams to his sister. So I really hope her mother supports her too undeniable her character.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 27, 2019 9:19 AM

Sep 2010
Poor Roddy

Tuesday has a great brother
Jun 27, 2019 9:20 AM

Dec 2009
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I'm glad that Tuesday has the support of her mother. And of course, Carole reunites with Tuesday after being involved in a kidnapping.

I think you meant brother, not mother. She might change her mind later on...

I'm glad that Angela is getting character development, I'm starting to like her. No episode for next week :/
JaemaeJun 27, 2019 9:27 AM
Jun 27, 2019 9:20 AM

Aug 2016
Nice episode, Carole and Tuesday finally sang the full version of the Loneliest Girl.

How Ertegun looked after Carole and Tuesday's performance was hilarious:

AzazinJun 27, 2019 11:34 AM
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Jun 27, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2014
Ertegun almost cried! Now he must be regretting refusing to listen to their song, the song that made him tear up! XD

"Light a Fire" is such an amazing song I love it. I'd hate for them to actually compete to be the winner cause I love both songs.
Jun 27, 2019 9:34 AM
Oct 2014
KuroYume-96 said:
Poor Roddy

Roddy is seriously the mvp.
Jun 27, 2019 9:36 AM
Oct 2014
The CG wasn’t as polished this episode
Jun 27, 2019 9:42 AM

May 2015
It's all nice and cute, I'm glad there wasn't any more drama and conflict than that, but I feel like Angela shouldn't be all too happy about the situation, considering she didn't get the chance to win fair and square.

But, I guess, the winning or losing this thing wasn't really the main point of the anime, everything only starts now and I'm intrigued to see how the girls will handle their debut and what role Angela or Tao have yet to play.
Jun 27, 2019 9:56 AM
Nov 2015
Stark700 said:

Man, this episode got really thrilling with the car chase. I was actually not expecting the show to take this direction but at least she's safe now. Angela performs again. Not much change to her singing style but she's got talent for sure.

Also I'm glad to see Tuesday's confidence restored again. She's even playing her guitar!

suport of the mother ? by jailing her in the room you mean ?
Jun 27, 2019 10:15 AM

Nov 2013
Amazing episode. I'm in love with both songs. simply amazing!!!
Jun 27, 2019 10:21 AM

Mar 2015
Omg, I-I don't know what to say, this episode was so beautiful...
Jun 27, 2019 10:31 AM
Dec 2014
Best episode of the series. By far the best Carole & Tuesday song and Angela's was without a doubt a top 200 billboard song. Reaaallllyyy happy they got that terrible twist out of the way in like... 8 minutes of the beginning.
Jun 27, 2019 10:47 AM
Mar 2015
Glad they got the opportunity to sing Both groups did a great job
Jun 27, 2019 10:53 AM

Jul 2016
Dunno about you, but Angela is really growing on me. I didn't like her at first, but as she's grown she's gotten much more interesting.
Also, fuck Tuesday's mom! She's like the Delores Umbridge of the anime world and it would be so satisfying to see her whole career ruined by the end of the show. Sadly, it probably won't go in that direction. *sigh* A man can dream
Jun 27, 2019 11:04 AM

Dec 2015
Rowan_F said:
Also, fuck Tuesday's mom! She's like the Delores Umbridge of the anime world

Hah, nice Harry Potter reference. But yeah, you're right.
Jun 27, 2019 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
I had so many goosebumps and cried so much watching this episode! Cry, Ertegun, cry! The second part of The Loneliest Girl was so emotional oh my god. Angela's song was beautiful too! I am now going to youtube to rewatch some of Crystal, Pyotr and Angela other performances because I loved them and miss them already!
Jun 27, 2019 11:13 AM

Feb 2018
Wow that was a great episode, looks like they went all out with the animation. Poor roddy and Gus lol

Angela's song was fireee! It was so good and Carole and Tuesday's performance was spectacular as well. I certainly did miss the Loneliest Girl nice that it came back for the first half's finale and lmao ertegen teared up after their performance.

And so their journey continues
TsubasavoJun 27, 2019 11:18 AM
Jun 27, 2019 11:15 AM

May 2015
I've been finding it weird how that one judge seems to be the whole decider over who wins or doesn't win. Its kind of stupid to assume it'd be an unanimous decision between the judges every time and there'd be no disagreement. I also feel like it'd make sense that the audience would have some sort of input in deciding who wins, especially with the overall winner. Everything was decided so fast, that program must have been on the air for like 15 minutes lmao. I guess its not that important as it was clearly just a stepping stone to their debut, but it still frustrates me a little.

Anyway, I really thought the judge was gonna announce Carole and Tuesday as the winner for a second. Even I would have considered that a giant ass pull. Angela's song was really nice and she was definitely a worthy winner, but of course C&T's Loneliest Girl is amazing too. I'm glad they both get to debut.

♡ artist
サコ
Jun 27, 2019 11:25 AM

Jan 2015
Dayum Angela’s song was soooooo good

I’m glad Carole and Tuesday managed to perform
Jun 27, 2019 11:39 AM

Oct 2014
The fast pace really hypes me up for what's to come. There's clearly so much greatness Watanabe is rushing forward too. This finale to the talent show was phenomenal. Both songs were fantastic. Angela isn't at all what I thought she'd be and I love it.
Jun 27, 2019 12:12 PM

Jan 2018
Yes yes yes!! Thank God! Hard road ahead tho! this is wholesome!
Jun 27, 2019 12:32 PM

Apr 2009
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
KuroYume-96 said:
Poor Roddy

Roddy is seriously the mvp.

THIS! Lol. I hope there's some more background info on him later on, we barely know anything about him expect that he's an otaku and seems to have some network in the music business.

Anyway, I really love Angela's song! Tao has truly saved the best for the last.
And we finally got to listen to the full version of loneliest girl. The short version already became my favourite song of them, but the full version didn't disappoint, it's emotional and fits the overall theme of this episode.
Though it's a bit of a convenient coincidence that a guy who knew them, probably a fan, just drove by when they were escaping and helped them to get to the train station.

I actually thought it would be more interesting if Catherine didn't let them get their debut. But again, this way it seems that things are really getting started and I expect the second half to be more fast-paced.
Jun 27, 2019 12:32 PM

Nov 2013
Not sure what to expect from here on out, but the drama was good for the gang's relationship to get closer and I'm happy it was resolved quickly without getting drawn out more than it needed to be. Poor Roddy though lol, he's there getting electrocuted and Tuesday passes him without even noticing ;(

Nice performances at the end, nothing too impressive like some performances earlier on, but I'm glad it was a tie and C&T get to debut.

Talent show is finally over, tbh I found it kind of lacking compared to the strong start, but let's see where it goes from here and hopefully without the plot being too influenced by Tuesday's family drama.
Jun 27, 2019 12:34 PM

Oct 2010
This whole Mars Idol arc was so bad but the finale to it was great. The autotune in Angela's song ruined it for me but other than it was beautiful. Loneliest Girl was of course awesome. I was hoping their debut would be from something more amazing like getting noticed at a small venue by a big shot agent and not something lame like a singing competition. It also feels like they just pulled that out the ass. Convienent rule breaking, it was basically plot armor lol. Hopefully the 2nd cour will be much stronger. Stuff like the first few episodes were awesome. I want this to end up 9/10 for me like it was at the start. Animation was also not so good this episode but maybe they're saving budget for later.
Jun 27, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2016
First time hearing Loneliest Girl I shed a tear
Second time was really emotional
But this third time had an amazing performance, I can already feel the tear waterfalls on my cheek lol.

Seriously Fuck Tues' mother >:(

Stark700 said:
I'm glad that Tuesday has the support of her mother.

Man, I think you misspelled brother there :P

Stark is a bot confirmed :0
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 27, 2019 12:50 PM
Jan 2017
i just love how the music in this makes you feel so good inside. :)
Jun 27, 2019 12:53 PM

Sep 2008
poor Rowdy but he is always there saving the day, i'm so glad that despite how her lame mother is she at least has her brother's support which is what helped her get there too so kudos for him!!
Jun 27, 2019 12:57 PM

Feb 2019
Excellent episode, there was a sigh of relief after Angela won. Carole and Tuesday winning would have been too contrived. I was not expecting the judges to handle Carole and Tuesday that way by allowing them to debut. Glad to see that not every twist in the show is easily solvable.

Angela's song was fantastic, I was very surprised by how much better it sounded over the previously performed ones and how it reflected her emotions. The whole reveal about the AI in the laboratory that Tao is in being able to read a persons emotions and then translate some of those feelings into lyrics was pretty cool and the most sci-fi thing about the show so far. Angela and Tao seems like the first romance in the show.

We got a fair bit of interpersonal relationships explored for once and a bit more background on Tuesday. Not surprised at all that her mother and brother treat her completely opposite of each other.

The reveal of the city right at the end of the episode hopefully alludes to the greater expansion of the show and how a lot of road is still left to cover despite there being only twelve episodes left.

The Mars Brightest arc has been interesting and the show has been solid up to this point. The songs have ranged from funny to melancholic and everything in between for pop music standards. They really have some great artists working with this show.
Jun 27, 2019 1:10 PM
Feb 2018
Both songs were great, myself couldn't decide which one i would choose

Jun 27, 2019 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
"Loneliest girl" was fucking lit.

PS: [PAS] was releasing their translation <24 hours from TV air for an entire season.
Not All Heroes Wear Capes.
Jun 27, 2019 1:48 PM
Oct 2017
This was an amazing episode! My kokoro was so happy to hear the full version of the song that started it all, The Loneliest Girl. Today, they also released the full song today on music streaming platforms. I currently have it on replay.
Jun 27, 2019 1:52 PM

Jan 2016
Astonishing, I was blown away with Angela's song and thought there is no way that even the Loneliest Girl can beat this, then they dropped the full version. Erteguns reaction was all of us tbh.

The episode was a bit rushed and felt like they crammed 2 episodes content into 1 so that they could wrap up the Mars's brightest contest before the half cour point.
Jun 27, 2019 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
Things were tense for a while, with Carole and Tuesday separated, and unable to reach out for each other through texts considering what happened just before they were forcefully torn apart. But Gus was there for Carole, and Spencer was there for Tuesday, and neither of them wanted things to just end like this. Spencer once also wanted to choose music, and that's one of the reasons why he is up to help his little sister. He doesn't want her to give up like he did. Going by their talk, they really weren't close, but it's not late, and I hope he will continue to be there for her since I doubt their mother will just accept a second escape. But I thought he would help her in a smarter way, maybe those robots only take orders from their mother, but still. Even the police showed up. xD Poor Roddy too, at least his 'sacrifice' wasn't in vain. lol And I hope Tuesday will thank both him and Gus, for being there to help her, when she has the chance.

Carole and Tuesday made up, and though they weren't able to be there in time to not be disqualified, they still ran with everything they had to get there, and even Angela asked for their chance to sing. I loved to finally hear a full version of 'The Loneliest Girl'. It's still my favorite, and no wonder it was enough to make even Ertegun tear up. Normally I would feel upset with with the two finalists winning in a competition like this, but they couldn't just win after being disqualified. And if they hadn't win a chance to debut here, Tuesday mother would be sure to forcefully cut her wings like she already tried, and will most certainly try again, but now they still have a chance of soaring ever higher. Oh, and the scene between Tao and Angela was nice too.
Jun 27, 2019 2:39 PM

Feb 2014
Congratulations to Tuesday's mother. You've won yourself the award for worst parent of 2019 (so far). ¬_¬

It was sad to see the loneliness that both Carole and Tuesday had when they were split apart for that whole week, but Gus and Roddy were the MVP's of the episode with their ambitious plan of rescue Tuesday.

Spencer, Tuesday's brother, is also the MVP of the episode, too. His encouragement talk to Tuesday the night before the escape was great and he played his part to help her to escape the mansion and to reunite with Carole.

Sadly, they didn't make it to the studios in time and only arrived with seconds to spare before their performance, so Angela wins toe tournament by default. However, the judges gave them the exception of the rules by giving them the breakthrough they needed.

As for the songs, both of them were great. Angela's vocals were at their best for her song and hearing the the second half of Loneliest Girl was very powerful and moving. Even Ertegun was moved to tears after Carole and Tuesday's performance. That did surprise me. =P

Either way, this was a great first half of this show and I certainly look forward to watching how the second half plays out. ^_^
Jun 27, 2019 3:00 PM

Sep 2017
Carole's mother seems like a kind, friendly, and down-to-earth person. I wish I had a mother like her. That burger is fucking ginormous. Where do you even go to purchase something like that (apparently Big Jump Burger)? Has Takahiro Sakurai ever played a role where he is an asshole? He always seems to play the most chill and nicest people. Spencer seems like a great brother, supporting Carole where her fucking mother wouldn't. Putting it as "kidnapping a girl" probably isn't very intelligent, Gus. Poor Roddy. He always gets wrapped into these crimes. He even has to be the diversion, lol. I love how the robots began assaulting Roddy. That old man in the Hot Wheels car is a badass. "Get in. I'm floorin' it!" Gus and Roddy got arrested. F. I'm surprised at how much Angela has grown. I'm sure she wouldn't have had any difficulty accepting the victory by default at the beginning of the show. Angela's new song was really awesome, and definitely her best one yet. It is unfortunate that they had to be disqualified, especially because of the extenuating circumstances, but rules are rules. I KNEW they would play Loneliest Girl. I love how they were all watching the performance from a jail cell. Why were the guards from the Tuesday (I don't know her last name) Estate arrested with Gus and Roddy? Ertegun beginning to cry was hilarious. Honestly, I like this conclusion. They didn't win and get a free pass to stardom, but they still get a shot at hitting the big time. Good call by Bones and the production staff. Excited to see the second cour!
Jun 27, 2019 3:22 PM

Jul 2013
Best episode of the whole damn year. I'm at a lost of words. Angela's song was already god tier, and then they just had to drop The Loneliest Girl.
Jun 27, 2019 3:29 PM

Nov 2016
First off, time to pay respect for poor Roddy, Gus has a thick skin, he'll be ok xD

And wow, really enjoyed this episode immensely, especially the performances and the amount of feels. Plot is still kinda cheesy tbh, but they make really up for it in the music department. I still wished they went through with the disqualification.

And I'm gonna jump on the hate bandwagon too, fuck Tuesday's mom 🖕🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 2019 3:37 PM

Nov 2013
oh that's a really nice way to end the first half, with Loneliest Girl (damn i love the way it sounds) + them having the chance of go pro

lol Ertegun crying face

Angela's song was also great, and wow, she does look pretty good with tied hair, also seems like the manager girl already forgave her even tho they still didn't talk

i have to say this escape was a little forced (rip Roddy and Gus) and but overall fun to watch, i can't imagine the face of the mother when she discovers it :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 27, 2019 3:38 PM

Jul 2009
What a great episode. Angela's song was great, and Loneliest Girl obvi is top tier too. I imagine we'll see Angela collab with Carole & Tuesday at some point. That would be pretty awesome.
Jun 27, 2019 3:53 PM

Jan 2017
Well it's sure that Roddy is the MVP, without him this would be a 3 max 4 episodes show.

Also I'm actually happy that Angela didn't lose. Since the beginning she was shown as the antagonist, while she is not a bad person. The only "bad guy" as for know is Thursday's mother.
Jun 27, 2019 4:02 PM

Jan 2015
Ah man, finally, the full version of Loneliest Girl... As expected, I love it to pieces. It truly brings tears to my eyes. I almost wouldn’t be surprised if that song was ironically written by an AI for optimum emotional impact. But hey, y’know what? Angela’s song was equally beautiful. If not quite as emotionally resonating. I’m really happy with their both having tied for the win.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Jun 27, 2019 4:36 PM

Dec 2011
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
The CG wasn’t as polished this episode

true... but probably it will be polished on blu-ray release.
Jun 27, 2019 4:50 PM

Aug 2016
TheCommoner said:

The whole reveal about the AI in the laboratory that Tao is in being able to read a persons emotions and then translate some of those feelings into lyrics was pretty cool and the most sci-fi thing about the show so far. Angela and Tao seems like the first romance in the show.

This.
It was only one minute, but was very important and surprising.
It also shows a more interesting aspect of Tao and Angela's relation. I'm curious how their story will be developed further.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Jun 27, 2019 4:51 PM

Dec 2015
An actual good episode? If the show manage to keep this quality, I just might upgrade it for a 7
Jun 27, 2019 5:34 PM

Apr 2014
That was a FANTASTIC episode and a Fantastic finale to what has otherwise been (or starting to become) a drag of an arc. I am hoping nothing else in the show drags as much as the Mars Brightest because I really want to love this show.
MiiyoSonJun 27, 2019 5:53 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

82 by Shikkakku »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

101 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 20, 8:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.