Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 8, 2019 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gus' thought of bringing a live concert sounds like an interesting idea. A bit risky but could pay off big time.

Roddy also has his role with trying to negotiate to help Carole and Tuesday. Pretty much a buildup for the story. Also interesting to hear Angela's voice. I like how she's trying to prove herself.
May 8, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
Miyu-Miyu's character's narration, lol @ the end.

Next is lives? It seems like girls kind of not trusting their manager.

Blond hair main's brother arrived, to pick his sister up (thought so, he would do it).

Ex-child actress idol's turn now. HiroC's character's father seems to be against him "playing" music, but still agreed to listen to her sing to value the price.

Manager's friend, now a boss, doesn't want to help them out for his company ('s reputation?).

Wow, Miyu-Miyu's character knows quite a lot of people. He asked the owner of a restaurant for a place to perform. She's strict, but seeing how he's genuine she agreed for a song.

Wow, it seems like her luggage is back. Miyu-Miyu's character somehow became their fan enough to help them getting produced. Brother happened to come in for their first live, but left. He must realized how serious his sister is.
tsubasaloverMay 8, 2019 10:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 8, 2019 9:29 AM
Nov 2018
This was such a fantastic episode, loved Angela's voice and how she is finally making use of her training. Roddy seems like a good guy and Gus is a Star, Carole continues to be the most badass and Tuesday's just tuesday and we have to deal with it.
May 8, 2019 6:59 PM

Apr 2009
Another new song. It's nice but I like the other songs a lot better.

Btw, who does the singng voice of Angela? Doesn't sound like Uesaka Sumire to me.

Roddy really grows on me and may become my favourite chara this season (and he is voiced by Miyu too). The girls are really lucky that they got him in the team, he's quite well-connected.
Totally love Gus's passion! He may not be very reliable (now), but he truly wants to support the girls.
May 8, 2019 7:21 PM
Apr 2019
shiroi-ookami said:
Another new song. It's nice but I like the other songs a lot better.

Btw, who does the singng voice of Angela? Doesn't sound like Uesaka Sumire to me.

Roddy really grows on me and may become my favourite chara this season (and he is voiced by Miyu too). The girls are really lucky that they got him in the team, he's quite well-connected.
Totally love Gus's passion! He may not be very reliable (now), but he truly wants to support the girls.

Like Carole and Tuesday, Angela also gets a foreign singer to do the vocals -- An Australian indie singer, Alisa.
May 8, 2019 8:57 PM

Nov 2014
Roddy truly is very capable... (referring back to episode 2 :\

The AI song is quite good but the lyrics can be better. I feel like they repeat the same words too many times, but then again, that's the case with most popular songs nowadays. they have no soul in them.

tsubasalover said:
Wow, Miyu-Miyu's character knows quite a lot of people. He asked the owner of a restaurant for a place to perform. She's strict, but seeing how he's genuine she agreed for a song.

Seems to me like she's his mom cause of the similar hairstyle
ttcchenMay 8, 2019 9:01 PM
May 8, 2019 9:08 PM

Oct 2017
Another wonderful episodes with 2 wonderful songs.

But personally I think Carole and Tuesday beat the shit out of Angela .

Also the oni-chan seems like a really nice guy. See his imouto chasing dreams makes him abandon his mission of catching her home.
Ventus_SMay 8, 2019 10:24 PM
May 8, 2019 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
shiroi-ookami said:
Alisa. Check here.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 8, 2019 10:49 PM

Jan 2010
Yay, they're back in full swing! Finally we get to hear Angela sing. She's pretty good, but C&T hit you right in the feels ^_^ .
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
May 8, 2019 11:29 PM

Apr 2016
Big Bro coming and going : Without a word, how cool can you be ?
Loved it.
May 9, 2019 4:53 AM

Jun 2016
the best anime so far for me , for 6 - 7 seasons ..
May 9, 2019 5:28 AM
Nov 2018
Ventus_S said:
Another wonderful episodes with 2 wonderful songs.

But personally I think Carole and Tuesday beat the shit out of Angela .

Also the oni-chan seems like a really nice guy. See his imouto chasing dreams makes him abandon his mission of catching her home.

I personally think that Angela beat the shit out of everyone of us watching, she told us the truth and ate the world. The thing is that Carole & Tuesday did all of that multiplied by two and their performance was just ridiculously subtle yet felt like a dream.
LiedElfenMay 9, 2019 6:00 AM
May 9, 2019 10:09 AM

Jun 2016
Wait... There was not your typical "no you come with me" scene and the brother actually accepted it? Nice!
May 9, 2019 10:21 AM
Oct 2017
i can seriously see this show being a 10/10 for me, watanabe is a real magician
May 9, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2016
I can't tell if Angie's singer is good or bad. I have no knowledge of songs, so I don't know what to appreciate or look for when listening to songs without music.

The onii-chan isn't a cruel person who'd sacrifice his sister's dreams. Good.

I still don't understand why we have a sci-fi setting. The whole story can be told the exact same way even if we change the setting to 2019, or even 2015.
May 9, 2019 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
Another good ep and more good music. I love Carole so much!!
May 9, 2019 10:50 AM

Jan 2014
We're off to the races! (As if this show wasn't already proving how good this is beforehand.)
kie_ said:
So they concluded the anime with some feminist shit...

Markdoka said:
The ones hating this anime are MOSTLY SJWs, yaoifags and Narutards. LUCKILY I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE DAMN SJWS, YAOIFAGS AND NARUTARDS bashing the show for being "too edgy" and "too un-PC".
May 9, 2019 11:41 AM

May 2016
I'm really liking this, but man is the one problem I have right now persisting. I can't help feeling like there's not enough actual character interaction and "meat" to this so far. I get the show's prioritizing the music, but I'd be way more sold on Carole and Tuesday as a duo and understand Roddy's feelings better if we actually got to see them interact more outside of just when the plot needs to move along, and get more familiar with their full personalities. Right now the pace just feels too fast and I'm not as invested as I want to be because there's little that's actually been built behind and between these characters (with the exception of maybe Gus) and their relationships. I've seen them quite a bit now after 5 episodes but yet I still don't feel close to any of them to any notable degree.

I have a hard time even buying that Roddy and the duo are even that good friends since the only actual direct interactions between the three that I've seen are... Well actually I can't even remember any. None that don't just involve them giving (a usually sort of harsh) minor reaction to something he says or does, and that actually goes past just one or two brief sentences. Even that part this episode where they showed a bit of appreciation to him for finding a gig felt weak.

I would have really hoped to see more of the four actually getting to know each other by now. Certainly Carole and Tuesday, as it feels like they already know each other really well and are really close - but I also feel like I've seen barely any of that actually develop before my eyes. None of those first moments of them actually getting used to each other, learning about it each other, and actually learning to like each other. It's barely even shown us any practicing or song-developing scenes with the two, it just skips to showing us the final product. As it is now it just feels like they've gone from not knowing each other, to meeting, to becoming close, to writing songs, to going viral, to finding a manager and an ally, to becoming close with them, and now finally to performing way too quickly. I'm sold on the duo on a music level, the music's great, but on an actual character level? Their characters feel weak at the moment. It feels like their relationship (and that with others) hasn't been properly set-up and developed, but weirdly hurried. Anyone else having this issue?

There's still a lot of episodes to come though obviously so I'm expecting and hoping for the script to get better, and for the show to give us more great character moments (rather than just great music moments) and actual character-focused dialogue between our main cast, but man these last few episodes have had a lot of moments that I can't help feeling should have carried more weight and gotten more emotion out of me. Maybe I'm just heartless. :(
ZaugrMay 9, 2019 5:47 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2019 11:47 AM

Nov 2012
FuMomo-kun said:
I can't tell if Angie's singer is good or bad. I have no knowledge of songs, so I don't know what to appreciate or look for when listening to songs without music.

The onii-chan isn't a cruel person who'd sacrifice his sister's dreams. Good.

I still don't understand why we have a sci-fi setting. The whole story can be told the exact same way even if we change the setting to 2019, or even 2015.

My opinion is to give this anime more spice and direction. Basically AI vs Human in Music. Without this point, this will turn into something way more generic. And they supposed to write down their name after that 7 minutes of miracle or something that we saw in every episode's opening, if it is set in 2015 or 2019 it is way too unreasonable even in anime world lol
May 9, 2019 11:55 AM

Apr 2019
FuMomo-kun said:

Personally I think the show would lose something if it were set in the current day. It would just be your average "follow your dreams" message that's been done a million times. C&T making it big seems like more of an accomplishment in a world with AI music and sophisticated tech like Angela's puppet-master has. And it's still a commentary on today's music world with tech enhanced vocals, it's just taken to an extreme here.

As soon as I saw the phone call I knew we were going to have a cliffhanger (well, "cliffhanger", it's not major) ending. I think it'll predictably be the big shot Gus was talking with, but I'm still happy for them nonetheless.
May 9, 2019 12:18 PM

Jun 2010
Zaugr said:

There's still a lot of episodes to come though obviously so I'm expecting and hoping for the script to get better, and for the show to give us more great character moments (rather than just great music moments) and actual character-focused dialogue between our main cast, but man these last few episodes have had a lot of moments that I can't help feeling should have carried more weight and gotten more emotion out of me. Maybe I'm just heartless. :(

Yes, I feel the same way. I had high hopes for this show and while the music and character designs are certainly great the story just feels kind of flat at the moment. It feels a bit more aimed to children almost... But I'm still really hopeful because maybe that's not really the meat of the story and it's just some prologue till we actually get to the actual stuff. I assumed this story was about them trying to make it into the music industry but maybe it's more about what sort of happens after they do make it so they had to rush the first part to be able to get there. At least I hope so. I actually like Tuesday's character. I think the lyrics she put to the first song speak a lot about her.
May 9, 2019 12:28 PM

Aug 2017
Ah this episode was quiet and simple. So Carole and Tuesday really need to make money now that their power is down. I guess Roddy is the right guy to go to, since he was able to arrange the performance at the bar. The owner, Beth, was just wonderfully old-fashioned when she mentioned that she couldn't 'hear' the music through Roddy's phone. Well nothing beats a live performance, right. And Roddy was such a sweety when he said that he could rather 'feel' the music of these two girls.

It seems Angela is gonna 'make it' as a star. I guess she will be a serious future rival for Carole and Tuesday with all these influential people around her. The music industry is harsh... But Carole and Tuesday took the stage with an amazing live performance and were able to compose such a tender song in such a short period of time. I loved the song and the atmosphere in the room was wonderful. There were ten people in the bar, but I am sure Roddy is right and that they will be bragging soon about "being there". Beth seemed impressed as well. I am wondering why Tuesday's brother left the room though? Maybe he realised that Tuesday is in good hands and is finally able to chase her dreams :)

Oh and that ending! I can't wait for next week to find out what Gus just heard over the phone.
May 9, 2019 12:32 PM

Feb 2016
Thank God Tuesday's brother didn't interrupt them and didn't force her to go back home. That was what worried me the most in this episode. I liked the new song, hope they make more and more. (Also, is it just me or does this anime looks way better each week?)

Also, I'd like to have more world building regarding Mars, I really love this anime and it would be a shame if they don't exploit the world they created.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 9, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2012
Finally we're getting somewhere, woo.

In a way the previous episode is reassuring because it means Watanabe won't repeat Apollon's mistake of a having a block of uneventful episodes near the end, we'll just have a few here and there with a strong finale.

Also nice new song C&T! Angela's singing didn't sound like a true acapella, but I mean the singer is probably out of Japan, so the sound director can only do that much.
May 9, 2019 1:22 PM
Nov 2018
EratiK said:
Finally we're getting somewhere, woo.

In a way the previous episode is reassuring because it means Watanabe won't repeat Apollon's mistake of a having a block of uneventful episodes near the end, we'll just have a few here and there with a strong finale.

Also nice new song C&T! Angela's singing didn't sound like a true acapella, but I mean the singer is probably out of Japan, so the sound director can only do that much.

Why do you thinkthat it didn't sound like a true acapella?, Angela dind't used special effects or sounds, it was just her voice.
May 9, 2019 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
Probably the best episode so far, the amount of ridiculous things was almost none and it manage to capture their ongoing journey perfectly. And the song was certainly wonderful!

Hate to say it but Tuesday's voice >>> Carole's voice. They sound great together but there is miles distance when being compared to each other.

Also, Angela really sounded like on autotune with her song, no emotions, just flat tones. The song itself being your run-of-the-mill forgettable shit, words included. I really hope she's not to set to be their rival as this was far from being stellar. But if she's there to showcase what the true music is about compared to pop industry carbon copies of basically the same tunes all over again then it can work nicely. Would be insteresting if she actually joins them later to learn what the music is really about.

EratiK said:

They recorded all the songs in the studio in Japan. Her singing VA is http://caroleandtuesday.com/music/artists/alisa.html
Mich666May 9, 2019 1:26 PM
May 9, 2019 1:26 PM

Apr 2012
@LiedElfen
Idk, felt like they were a few light filters, it probably the way the recording was done. But like I said, they're producing an anime here, I'm not expecting a 100% authenticity.
May 9, 2019 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
Another new song from Carole & Tuesday and it's another one that I really enjoyed. Roddy's words when he was recording their performance felt perfect to summarise the performance that the two girls made on that stage.

As an added bonus, Tuesday's brother did arrive at the bar, then after seeing his sister perform, it was all he needed to see and hear before he made his decision to walk out without saying a word. He made the correct choice, thankfully. =)

In contrast to all of this happening, Angela was able to get her break with her song. Although the lyrics felt too repetitive for me, her singing voice, by Alisa, was great. It was enough to give her and Tao the money needed to make her a star.

Out of both songs in this episode, Carole & Tuesday's song had more soul & passion with the lyrics and the duet vocals was able to portray those feelings in mind, so their song was my preferred choice of the two. =D

Great episode overall and I wonder who Gus was listening to on the phone at the end? Hopefully it's someone that'll give both Carole & Tuesday the big break they deserve with their music career.
May 9, 2019 2:00 PM

May 2016
Faylicia said:

That's a very good point, hadn't thought of that possibility. I feel like that would kinda lessen the importance of those "Miraculous 7 Minutes" it keeps telling us about though, which I think has gotta be the moment they truly break through and get heard against the AI. And I'm under the impression that we'll get that bit right at the very end, hence why it keeps telling us over and over - it's a hook to say "make sure to keep with this to the end, the destination is gonna be worth it".

There's definitely room for twists in this show, especially with the ambiguously depicted, neither-great-nor-terrible Sci-Fi setting, but I can't help feeling like that'd go against what this show has set itself up as and what Watanabe has made clear to be his desires for it. I don't see it ever getting too dramatic or deep, but just consistently simple, wholesome and positive with that underlying celebratory theme. So I think with that nature in mind it's not going to make any huge effort to avoid being predictable.

Having said that though, we've got 19 more episodes left and I am finding it hard to predict what they'll do with all that time lol, especially when they're making progress as quickly as they have been. I think maybe we'll just start to get a lot more self-contained episodes like the previous ep once they actually get settled and start being able to build up a fanbase and perform regularly (which will actually give the needed character development and character moments we want), we'll get some minor conflict between Tuesday and her mom and Carole with her past, and maybe it'll end on a big AI vs human talent tournament? (the show has a lot in common with Megalo Box, so that's just a guess from that. Maybe Mr AI will challenge them and want to prove to everyone that AI are superior? IT could easily be branded as some big event once C&T start making waves). I feel like that would mirror the OP too - them meeting, slowing getting heard more and more and building up an audience as they journey about, then changing the world in colorful/rosy/human warmness at the end. And I could also picture Tuesday's mom backing the AI side (and putting certain other barriers and obstacles in her daughters way) to maybe prove to her daughter that there's no future in singing, which would also offer a good final resolution.

Having it set it up in such a way that the girls have something huge and important to prove both to those close to them and to the world would definitely be a great, wholesome pay off for those "6 minutes"--where they finally accomplish it all. Plus I have been getting the feeling right from episode 2 that they're sort of setting up two different "teams" here, the cold, disenfranchised AI side (Ertegun, Tao, Angela and her mom, Tuesday's mom and all the wealthy backers/cold-minded business heads) and the passionate, "authentic" human side (C&T and their crew, that local club owner this episode, maybe a potential future wealthy backer with similar ideals ( her? )...). Maybe it's also not only setting it up so Carole and Tuesday will end up having something personal to prove as well by the end, but all the others as well? Roddy to Ertegun (need more on their relationship, but maybe "I'm capable"), and Gus to his old friend(s), his ex-wife and to himself ("I've not been completely washed-up and beaten by the times")? I see this being a way to live up to that "6 minute event" hyping the show has done--having all of them finally prove multiple important things all at once upon capturing the audiences hearts, winning and finally making it--things we've seen develop and them fight against all throughout the show, all beaten in that one performance (and subsequent win against the AI).
ZaugrMay 9, 2019 2:44 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2019 2:38 PM

Nov 2016
Thank goodness, big bro didn't interrupt.

Really good episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 9, 2019 2:51 PM

Feb 2019
At this point I am just going to call it and say this show was made for binge-watching. I highly expect, with 19 episodes to go, we will get tons of character development. It will be a more satisfying experience to watch multiple episodes in one sitting if we are in fact getting everything we are hoping for out of them.

As for this episode it was decent. Often I find myself bored with some episodes of Watanabe's shows on a first watch only to have completed the series and rewatched it to find the episodes far more enjoyable the second time around.
May 9, 2019 2:59 PM
Feb 2015
this ep is definitely going to shake things up. I loved how carole’s brother did NOT force her to come with him he’s a good person unlike his mother I hate her! nonetheless Tuesday and carole’s voices is so beautiful it gave me so much goosebumps. they harmonized perfectly!! so excited for the next ep
May 9, 2019 3:00 PM

May 2019
Faylicia said:
Zaugr said:

Yes, I feel the same way. I had high hopes for this show and while the music and character designs are certainly great the story just feels kind of flat at the moment. It feels a bit more aimed to children almost... But I'm still really hopeful because maybe that's not really the meat of the story and it's just some prologue till we actually get to the actual stuff. I assumed this story was about them trying to make it into the music industry but maybe it's more about what sort of happens after they do make it so they had to rush the first part to be able to get there. At least I hope so. I actually like Tuesday's character. I think the lyrics she put to the first song speak a lot about her.

I agree with these sentiments. The characters are fun and charming at the outset but we haven't been shown a whole lot of deeper character interactions. It's been a fun watch so far between the polished production values and nice music but there's not a lot of substance to the story just yet. It's a total of 24 episodes though so I'm still optimistic.
May 9, 2019 3:08 PM

Dec 2014
I loved how Tuesday's brother just showed up, took a good look at her sister working hard and enjoying herself and just left without a word.

Both the performance in this episode were pretty good.
May 9, 2019 3:39 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Another great episode and two great songs. I am very waiting for the real competition between Carole & Tuesday and Angela.

Roddy seems to do for the girls more than their manager does. Gus really needs to make up for it!

The relationships between Carole and Tuesday are very warm. They were clearly destined to meet each other. Btw, I expected Carole's voice to be lower based on her personality. Ahh, stereotypes stereotypes...

Lelouch0202 said:
I loved how Tuesday's brother just showed up, took a good look at her sister working hard and enjoying herself and just left without a word.
^^ This. It was so sweet.
May 9, 2019 4:21 PM

Dec 2015
I think it's safe to say this show will be alright and nothing more
May 9, 2019 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
A great episode, I'm so happy to finally see something working out for them. Their first gig was a success, and like Roddy's little narration said, I'm sure that those people are eventually going to brag that they were there to witness it. I also love how he said that he had fell victim to the routine, but Carole and Tuesday were able to move his heart, and that he is their number one fan. When he first appeared I wasn't sure if he was going to be important, but he is undoubtedly one of the main characters here, and I love it.

And I'm starting to like Spencer. In the train he seemed determined to bring Tuesday back with him. But then he found her by chance just when she was playing and singing. He could have walked in and got in her field of vision, making her lose focus and maybe even ruin this big chance. But he didn't. He just listened to it and turned back. I want to believe this is a good sign that instead of just obeying his mother, he may believe in his sister and support her. Oh, Carole's landlord was nice too by lying to him I guess. lol

Well, something finally worked out thanks to Roddy, but I did feel bad for Gus being dragged on the floor like that to be thrown out. Marie was kind and helped them out with the MV, but this was the only thing his connections managed to do so far. But who knows? It's strange that someone would call Beth to talk to him. Maybe that was her venue's phone, but it is still weird that they would call him there and right when they were playing, I got curious.

And the scenes with Angela, her mama and Tao were nice too I guess, they are being more fleshed out. On one side we have Carole and Tuesday struggling to pay basic bills, on the other one we have Angela having millions invested on her after a single demonstration. I don't know, it's a nice and stark contrast I guess. Can't wait for more, things are moving.
May 9, 2019 5:28 PM
Jun 2017
This is where it all begin, from small gigs. And nice performance too... and what roddy said is true, when they became famous, you can have the bragging rights that you are there...

Lets see what that call guz received...
May 9, 2019 5:49 PM

Oct 2015
Roddy is more of a manager than Gus for real, he gets things done than him.

I'm really happy the girls are getting a bit of recognition even though there ten people, beautiful song BTW.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 9, 2019 6:00 PM

May 2015
I'm really glad Tuesday's brother seems to be a nice guy. I'm sure in the future their mother will cause a rift between them, but its nice that for now he let her be where she wants to be.

♡ artist
サコ
May 9, 2019 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
Roddy is their number one fan! nice

May 9, 2019 6:29 PM

Sep 2017
Another awesome performance. I loved the small details like the bar owner pausing the light her cigar because she was so focused on the music and then eventually putting it down all together. Great stuff.

I'm not surprised the brother didn't take Tuesday away. He just didn't give off any dickhead brother vibes. Still doesn't mean it wasn't cool to have him watch for a bit and then take off before Tuesday noticed.

Now I like Gus but I'm waiting for the moment when he actually achieves something. He always seems to be aiming too high. I wouldn't schedule a group that has never performed before at some big festival either.
May 9, 2019 6:31 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I swear, there's still something about Gus's voice like its badly mixed or something, compared to the others, and its a little bit annoying for me.

Outside of that tho, loved that episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 9, 2019 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
Mich666 said:

Hate to say it but Tuesday's voice >>> Carole's voice. They sound great together but there is miles distance when being compared to each other.

Really? I prefer Carole’s voice compared to Tuesday. No offense to Tuesday singer but her voice be so off pitch sometimes, idk.

-
Anyways i kinda agree with the opinions on here. I feel like we can’t really relate to the characters enough either? Like I can’t seem to get into them but hopefully it gets better cause I do like this show. Also the song Carole and Tuesday sung in this episode was their best imo.

KnowlesMay 9, 2019 6:55 PM
May 9, 2019 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
Fayrin said:

...Well, something finally worked out thanks to Roddy, but I did feel bad for Gus being dragged on the floor like that to be thrown out. Marie was kind and helped them out with the MV, but this was the only thing his connections managed to do so far. But who knows? It's strange that someone would call Beth to talk to him. Maybe that was her venue's phone, but it is still weird that they would call him there and right when they were playing, I got curious.

And the scenes with Angela, her mama and Tao were nice too I guess, th being more fleshed out. On one side we have Carole and Tuesday struggling to pay basic bills, on the other one we have Angela having millions invested on her after a single demonstration. I don't know, it's a nice and stark contrast I guess. Can't wait for more, things are moving.
If Gus's old friend is the canny businessperson he's supposed to be, he might well have someone check up on where his talent is playing. The live music scene is small enough in this city that everyone involved will pretty much know everyone else.

As for Angela's "Mama", I would be surprised if there is any family relationship involved. I took it as a courtesy title for her manager, and a somewhat indirect reference to the same title being used for female bar or brothel owners. I also somewhat doubt that Mama being Angela's mother is biologically possible (confirmed by Tao's comments).

A good cliffhanger to end on too. What will Tuesday's brother do now? Why did he watch and leave? Who was on the phone to Gus? And when will there be romance? And between who? I'm ready for things to start rolling...

Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 9, 2019 7:26 PM

Sep 2017
Okay, first of all leaving off on that cliffhanger is actually the worst. Why would you do this to me, Bones?

Carole & Tuesday is consistently showing its prowess as not only anime but as a work of art. Everything about this show has been consistently amazing, and I feel like this episode completely raised the level for this show by an order of magnitude. I loved everything about this. I loved the singing and the worldbuilding, and more than anything I adored the character development, especially with Tuesday's brother. I really hope this show stays this good because if it does it could do down as one of the greats.
May 9, 2019 7:31 PM

Jun 2015
Roddy to be Member No. 000001 in Carole & Tuesday fanclub!!

New song from both C&T and Angela. Big bro comes and goes, smooth yo. He supports his sister and half-heartedly follow his mother's command to take her back. Stop being cool bro god damnit!
May 9, 2019 8:05 PM

Feb 2015
Gus, looking for options for the girls, went to visit an old friend named Höfner, but he rejected the idea of giving them a chance. Tao took Angela with him and went to visit an investor named Schwarz, he tested Angela and decided to invest twelve millions woolong. Roddy went to a place named Mars Lounge with a women named Beth, she agreed to let the girls sing one song. Carole and Tuesday performed and had good reception from the visitants, Beth had a call for Gus. Tuesday's brother went to Alba City to look for his sister, but it looks like he found her singing and decided not to approach to her.

The last scene was beautiful, especially by the voices tones, the animation quality in the characters and the instruments, and the performance in general, it's all a really complete scene.
May 9, 2019 8:12 PM
May 2017
Tuesday to her family...

Her brother saw the free bird and oh how gorgeous it flies.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 9, 2019 8:37 PM

Jan 2015
Both Angela’s and Carole & Tuesday’s songs were melodious and beautiful, in this episode... And their successful, first legit live performance was absolutely heartening. I was especially pleased with the near-miss scenario of Tuesday’s brother finding the exact building that both she and Carole live in, but his leaving without actually ascertaining that it was where they were staying. And then later, his almost having been called in off the street, hearing Tuesday’s singing, and once securing for himself that it was indeed her, his choosing not to ‘find her and bring her home’, presumably because he recognized just how impactful their song was, and not wanting to ruin it for her. At least, that’s the hopeful impression I was left with. And man, I just love this show to pieces!
sXebluesMay 9, 2019 8:44 PM
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

134 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 21, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

101 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 20, 8:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.