Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2019 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heavy feelings this episode.

I feel like they managed to deliver the human emotion protrayals of the characters really well this time around. Good amount of running this episode too with the amount of competition. Some of the tougher competitors in this race is still going at it with a strong attitude. For some reason, I kinda like the art style of this episode. The backgrounds looked more realistic to a degree.

Mar 19, 2019 10:07 AM

Nov 2007
He was instructed not to speed up until the temple, but because of that guy he sped up.

Nothing and double-sided. Not fit with others. Running allows him to be not himself?

Hino-san's character begins to run.

That guy finished running, and not happy to see main guy.

Older twin not get what main guy says about likes. I'm guessing the whole team? Snow begins to fall.

That guy who gave Hino-san's character water being yay with not have water bottles shut. Such a waste of water.

The body change with being nude and shining... Because he wants to surpass Hino-san's character, who keeps updating his own speed.

One more ep. That preview not showing much reminds me of it is ending soon.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2019 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
I was moved to tears by the beatiful display of emotions

I love Production IG man
Mar 19, 2019 12:15 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kakeru went Super Saiyan at the end, OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I absolutely loved the image of him chasing behind his teammates in his head. It shows that he isn't feeling alone running like this and maybe also that he wants to be as ''strong'' as them.

I want to repeat myself. I don't believe, anyone will be ready for the Haiji finale. They showed absolutely nothing in the PV but it had melancholic music only...that only makes me more anxious about how it will go.
Mar 19, 2019 12:29 PM

Jul 2017
Oh man 1 more ep to go. Episode went by so fast didn't even realized King's section ended so soon
Mar 19, 2019 12:36 PM
Sep 2015
Anatomy look a lot like Welcome to the Ballroom (by same studio) but Kazetsuyo is much better. And I thought we wouldn't see supernatural phenomenon but the last scene... Also Kakeru in love with whom!! Please be the person and not activity LOL
Mar 19, 2019 12:44 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was amazing... I can't believe there's only one episode left. I hope nothing bad happens to Haiji because I have a bad feeling omg.

Also, when Kakeru said he's in love too I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HE MEANT. Pls I need an answer in the next episode and I really freaking hope he meant with Haiji and not with running, but he probably meant running XD

Kakeru needs to break the section record after Fujioka breaks it. That will be absolutely amazing!

“If people want to die, let them die"

"Evil expects evil from others"

“No one loves me, because they're afraid of me”

“It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash”
Mar 19, 2019 12:48 PM

Nov 2018
what a fucking episode, i like king much more now, and kakeru's part was everything, i'm rooting for him. are you ready for the last one? no i'm not. haiji is my favorite character.

Shade1410 said:

Also, when Kakeru said he's in love too I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HE MEANT. Pls I need an answer in the next episode and I really freaking hope he meant with Haiji and not with running, but he probably meant running XD

the fact that he said it to joji makes me think it's hana chan, but it's probably running let's be real

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 20, 2019 12:18 PM
Mar 19, 2019 1:09 PM

Aug 2016
It was great to see King reveal his true self.
Kakeru going for it like a beast and he obviously has only one love....running.
Only one episode left, I wonder how it will end.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 19, 2019 1:17 PM

Apr 2009
Shade1410 said:

It's probably going to be running, though the timing of the conversation is suspicious lol.

In the novel I know he has a crush on Hana (Who still likes the twins), but that was completely erased in the anime, that at this point is clearly its own thing, so I don't think they are going to bother, especially given the talked like 2 times in 24 episodes. It would be just out of place.

Mar 19, 2019 1:21 PM

Jun 2009
How the hell did Haiji get through university with only the hakone on his mind... no f*cks given beside that. :D

And I think its obvious Kakeru meant he is in love with running.

I'll get my tissues ready for best boy Haijis part.
Mar 19, 2019 1:21 PM

Feb 2007
King essentially spelled out what I already said the last time about this series:
luinthoron said:
If there's one thing this episode showed, it's that this series is not about winning or losing, or even strictly about running - it's about coming to terms with your life, including your past mistakes, and moving on stronger for it.

And Kakeru really is something special in their team. Looks like he's about to realize he's not quite as alone as he thought, though.

But I'm still worried about Haiji's leg...
Mar 19, 2019 1:23 PM

Feb 2016
Jfc, why did they have to end it like that? ;_; freaking cliffhanger smh xD

This episode was full hype!. Next week is last episode tho :( I'll miss this anime
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 19, 2019 1:26 PM

Jul 2017
Jin_uzuki said:
Shade1410 said:

It's probably going to be running, though the timing of the conversation is suspicious lol.

In the novel I know he has a crush on Hana (Who still likes the twins), but that was completely erased in the anime, that at this point is clearly its own thing, so I don't think they are going to bother, especially given the talked like 2 times in 24 episodes. It would be just out of place.

Yeah, it's going to be running probably. It would be completely out of place if it was Hana because they barely talk to each other and there was nothing pointing to that. The only person I could think of is Haiji, since they spend most of their time together and he said that right after the phone call with him. But yeah, coming from Kakeru it's going to be running 100% XD

“If people want to die, let them die"

"Evil expects evil from others"

“No one loves me, because they're afraid of me”

“It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash”
Mar 19, 2019 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
Surpass oneself!! Kakeru is gonna do the inhuman potential.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 19, 2019 1:40 PM

Mar 2017
Damn this episode was fucking amazing especially that ending and the OST before it damn perfect
Mar 19, 2019 2:01 PM

Feb 2017
This episode was over so quickly lol.

Kakeru's running was hype, with a lot of nice visual metaphors.

Can't believe next week is the final episode already. Whatever it is, I don't think will be ready.
Mar 19, 2019 2:13 PM

Mar 2013
Kakeru: I'm in love too.

The rational part of my brain: Don't get your hopes up, he means with running.

The eternally hopeful part of my brain: With Haiji.
Mar 19, 2019 2:17 PM

Mar 2016
For me this was one of the weakest episodes, but it is still good. Just didn't get any feels from this episode

Why Kakeru looks so funny haha
https://imgur.com/a/6kPshqv

Qui__Mar 19, 2019 2:21 PM
Mar 19, 2019 2:42 PM

May 2015
I liked how it was shown as if Kakeru is chasing himself.
Mar 19, 2019 2:52 PM

Aug 2014
what a fantastic episode, on a side note: does anyone know the name of the OST when king started talking about how his words and thoughts are different?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 19, 2019 2:54 PM
Jun 2016
KAGYEAMA ENTERED THE ZONE!
Mar 19, 2019 3:20 PM

Sep 2015
Run with the Wind? More like run the COSMOS!
Mar 19, 2019 3:22 PM

Nov 2016
Tsarko said:
This episode was over so quickly lol.

Yeah, it went by in a flash.

In any case, another fantastic episode. This series just does pretty much everything right at this point.

Kings segment was very sad and it also displayed something relateable again. I'm so glad that he found something meaningful for him in running and the team. This is especially beautiful if you look back at the time where he wanted to quit. Absolutely great development.

Kakerus part also delivered. He's really pushing himself and his energy immediately got me hyped. But still, most of it was just build up for the grand finale. I don't think I'm ready for this...:/
FMmatronMar 20, 2019 2:57 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 19, 2019 3:28 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't think I would find King to be such a relatable character in the end. Always being sociable by putting up an act, but actually unable to let anyone in, feeling alone and wanting someone to be your "best friend". It hits so close to home it almost hurts, but he was amazing! Haiji really inspired him and Hakone is indeed a shared dream by now.

I don't really care about Kakeru, but his section was nice too I guess. He might be in love with running, that's the only plausible answer, but he really left poor Joji feeling flustered. lol I just hope the rest of his section won't take much time of the next episode because I need to see Haiji running and also some sort of epilogue. I think I would feel really frustrated if it just ended together with Hakone, but I think I'm ready for anything.
Mar 19, 2019 4:18 PM

Aug 2018
The final transition with him being pushed by the wind and becoming a whole with the space, holy fucking shit im not ready to say goodbye to this show
Mar 19, 2019 4:41 PM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode again.

King was surprisingly a character that almost everyone can relate to a bit. I love the way brought out his feelings and how running lets him free himself from everything and face who he is while also letting him gain true camaraderie among his teammates.

Kakeru's segment was definitely the best, he's just going full force. He doesn't want to stop, he wants to keep running forward towards something he feels he can only reach by running. He was lost before, not knowing what to run for but now he has his teammates and it seems as though his true passion for just pure running is coming out because running as a part of the team makes him fulfilled.

Kakeru is definitely gonna set an incredible record.

I'm so not ready for the finale. It's gonna be a roller coaster of emotions.
Mar 19, 2019 7:30 PM

Nov 2017
So i made a longer post on reddit but let me just say..

https://imgur.com/a/iiKp08v
This is literally me... I don't like it... Get out of my brain.

F* this show for being so goddamn good.
Mar 19, 2019 8:17 PM

Jul 2016
Man, King's concerns were so relatable it was almost scary. I was really moved by his words, being honest. Not to mention that I feel a lot of respect for him now.

Excellent episode again, I loved it. It had an amazing display of emotions and the way they all were portrayed in such little time was brilliant. This second cour has been incredible so far and I'm sure the last episode will be even better without a doubt. I just hope I don't get too emotional next week xD

Kakeru's section was also very interesting to watch and visually speaking, the way it was handled was truly beautiful too.
At the end, he could achieve his perfect form (lol) and it seems he won't have any problems either so I hope he can give his best and set a new time record.

That said, I'm really really excited for the last episode. It has been an amazing experience so far for sure.
Mar 19, 2019 8:44 PM

Aug 2014
Loved this episode and as usual the show is knocking it out the park. Hope Haiji finishes strong next week but I’m super worried lol
Mar 19, 2019 9:02 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Another great episode. I love watching Kakeru run. The episode flew by... I'm emotional that next week is the last episode.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Mar 19, 2019 9:19 PM

Sep 2017
Oh man only one episode left to finish off Kakeru and Haiju's section and then give some kinda resolved ending. I'm thinking we get like 10 mins max of aftermath. This was great tho. So much weird imagery with Kakeru running. Especially the end like wtf was going on there. I was almost worried that he was gonna push himself too hard, but I really doubt he will. Gonna be hype as hell if he beats the record.
Mar 19, 2019 9:40 PM
Jan 2019
"That guy is inhuman," and he is, Kakeru runs in an incredible way. Love to run, give your best and enjoy to the fullest when you do it. The animation in this episode to represent section 9 was wonderful. I hope that Kakeru breaks Fujioka's time record.

"Haiji, the Hakone is not only your dream, it is our dream". King's face when delivering the Kansei band was the funniest thing. LOL.

"We travel the same path, but we reach different goals." I am anxious and somewhat sad to see the last episode of this great anime of the sport genre.
Mar 19, 2019 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder if the final ep will be extended duration since there are quite lot left (24 ep could be fitting). Anyway this was rather fine episode for me and personally not a big fan of this final arc which is filled with monologues/flashbacks and not finding as amazing as the first 16 episodes had been. I think next episode will have to do alot of thing about Haiji since there have been lot of foreshadowing throughout the series about his past.
Mar 19, 2019 10:32 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, King is such a relatable character. He's seems to be someone who's socially awkward but isn't happy with it. For socially awkward people like me, we might spend a lot of time imagining how fun a party, outing or school would be, imagining ourselves being social in a group of friends. But when the actual event comes, we become disappointed and frustrated with ourselves because we just can't seem to join in at any point in the conversation. We can't open up and express ourselves.

King probably felt the same. He expected a fun university life, but was unable to do anything in the end because he was scared or nervous in a social situation, declining an offer to hang out in the flashback because it was easier on him to not go. When he has trouble opening up he just wants a "best friend" like Haiji who will accept him and understand him. Finally he found being part of the team as the thing for him. The team needs him to finish the race, so he feels included as part of a supportive group, and when he runs, he runs by himself, not needing to worry about what others think about him. At first he didn't want to run, probably because he doesn't want to feel uncomfortable in a large group of people, using job-hunting as an excuse to stay out of the whole thing.

Kakeru's half of this episode is great, but this episode is more of a build-up to the climax next episode. Kakeru's fast. Very fast. He is confident in his speed an focuses on surpassing the people right in front of him, but he will eventually reach a point where there will be nobody in front to chase. He will be by himself, and what goal will be there for him?

Can't wait for next episode. I'm especially curious as to what Haiji's section will be like.

Mar 19, 2019 11:48 PM
Jan 2015
Seriously amazing stuff. Can't it be next Tuesday already?
My Queens

Mar 20, 2019 1:28 AM

Mar 2016
After finally seeing things from King's POV, I really like him.

Fujioka: "What will you show me?"
Kakeru: *clothes magically disappear*

Kakeru is quite fast. Love the way he just ran with no struggle at all. I was starting to worry that he might tear his muscles.

I have said this before, but flashback Haiji looks extremely sweet. Feels like he needs to be protected from all the people in this world.

In the preview for the next episode, Kakeru said 'saishu wa', breaking my heart and destroying my motivation to read the subtitles. I forgot this anime could end. Damn it! I am going to miss this painfully.
Mar 20, 2019 3:43 AM

May 2016
I never liked King, but this episode kinda made a come back for him.

Kakeru is just a beast, and can't wait for my fav character next week Haiji san.
Mar 20, 2019 6:44 AM
Apr 2014
"I can catch up. No, I'll pass them. I'm already ahead of them. The real me." Kakeru epicness
Mar 20, 2019 8:36 AM

Mar 2017
King's inner monologue really hit me hard. He hasn't been much of a front character but through this ep i realised that i probably relate to him the most. It's like everything i feel was said so perfectly in that clip. That's one of the reasons i love this anime so much; it takes raw human emotion and verbalises it so well
Mar 20, 2019 10:02 AM

Sep 2011
God damn it. King is me to a t.
Mar 20, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
I could also relate to King a lot. :)

Wow Kakeru had so many "in the zone" moments.
Mar 20, 2019 11:31 AM
Mar 2018
Lylaaz said:
I could also relate to King a lot. :)

Wow Kakeru had so many "in the zone" moments.

Can't wait for the next episode. Really want him to break the course record :)
Mar 20, 2019 1:02 PM

Mar 2015
Wow, this episode was the one who made me switch my score from 9 to 10.

Usually for that to happen, it'd need to be a really emotionally encompassing anime. I've been brought to tears several times so far in kazetsuyo, but this time I was just cheering loudly on them while crying stupidly. It's amazing what anime can make you feel. Obviously just crying for a show doesn't mean it's a good one, but I deem the animation, soundtracks and seiyuu's job on point as well, so yeah. A well-deserved 10 for me.

Obviously Kakeru's love is for running, but I'll still lowkey believe he meant Haiji x)
Mar 20, 2019 1:50 PM

Aug 2015
When they started playing Black Bullet at the end I got so fucking hyped.
Mar 20, 2019 2:10 PM
Mar 2018
Now even Usain Bolt is taking inspiration from Kakeru's sublime run xD
Mar 20, 2019 2:58 PM

Mar 2010
icekoolkr said:

Can't wait for the next episode. Really want him to break the course record :)

Indeed! He totally deserves it and I hope he does break the record.
Mar 20, 2019 4:23 PM

Jun 2007
King is painfully real... it's so nice he decided to run along with everyone
near the end Kakeru got me worrying like i was afraid each second some shit is gonna happen.. and then he went full mahou shounen
FuMomo-kun said:
Fujioka: "What will you show me?"
Kakeru: *clothes magically disappear*

lmaoo
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 20, 2019 10:02 PM
Mar 2015
Great watching Kakeru enter a another zone of running
Mar 20, 2019 11:55 PM

Nov 2017
can't wait to see kakeru pass fujioka ,

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.