Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2018 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, they did go for an action based episode after all. They kept in the blood and violence as usual and added some dramatic music for the effect.

I find the fight between Goblin Slayer and that one big goblin rather strange. It's almost like he was playing with him. Idk, finale felt like a lot like the other episodes, nothing really too different.

Finale feels like the story could be expanded more tbh.

Lol they said Goblin Slayer will return!
Stark700Dec 29, 2018 7:56 AM
Dec 29, 2018 7:58 AM
Jun 2017
Ass light novel reader im happy with this final, and still with the cgi in this anime, the original of the MC and history that tell uss deserve my 10/10 in rating. And i will love see a second season.

And but for me GS will be not forgotten.
CrisXias91Dec 29, 2018 11:42 AM
Dec 29, 2018 8:02 AM

Sep 2014
God dat was bad, well was expected they would fuck this up.

Seems like there will be a 2nd Season

Let dat Review Roast begin

Dec 29, 2018 8:17 AM

Jun 2016
Yeah, pretty much how I expected it to end. The final battle really was underwhelming compared to the manga

EDIT: ffs Veronin

Mod Edit: Removed review advertising
NoLiferSoulJan 8, 2019 1:09 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2018 8:20 AM

Aug 2017
I don't about you guys, but to me it's ok.

At least, it's better than Slime.

7/10 for the anime.
NurguburuDec 29, 2018 8:44 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 29, 2018 8:20 AM

Nov 2016
GS was pretty meh overall, had potential, but threw it overboard with tedious slice of life episodes, not even the action could make up for it.

5/10 and I'm being generous here 4/10 Tokyo Ghoul:re was more enjoyable.

Nice review advertising thread btw
FMmatronDec 29, 2018 9:11 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2018 8:28 AM

Jun 2017
Well, this season's most controversial anime has come to an end. While there were some problems in the show, I did enjoy it. 7/10 from me.
Chrome_FalconDec 29, 2018 9:50 AM
Dec 29, 2018 8:31 AM

Dec 2017
lol, even this final battle scene didn't save the anime overall. what a trainwreck of an adaptation. this year is just not working in White Fox's favor...

and now ladies and gentleman, it's time for the review outrage! let them angery bois spill their guts about this filthy, filthy anime
uninstallthegameDec 29, 2018 8:35 AM
Dec 29, 2018 8:38 AM

Apr 2010
So it's over what a shame i really enjoyed this anime for the time it tasted.
More might be upcoming but for now this was nice.

This episode was nice as well seeing the other adventures fighting was about time.
And the reaction to his face was great.
Dec 29, 2018 8:40 AM

Dec 2017
AcceleratorAngel said:

Well they’re adapting it from the ln, while the manga is godly it also takes many liberties compared to the ln. That scene was pretty much how it played out in the ln. I wished too that they would take the manga route cause that was just too awesome esp with the godly art 😉

i agree, manga had many, many great panels. and even while they were taking the ln route, they still used the manga art for the show. but it looks so ugly in comparison. i mean, cmon. you can do better than this...

but hey, at least they did put more effort into animating those bouncing oppais, amirite? it was worth in the end
uninstallthegameDec 29, 2018 8:47 AM
Dec 29, 2018 8:48 AM

Jul 2015
Okay, it wasn't nearly as hype as the manga but it still delivered to some extent. Overall it was a pretty average adaptation. White Fox could have done much better, like they did for Re: Zero. Maybe they didn't receive suitable funding/resources because of the controversial nature of the show?
Dec 29, 2018 9:00 AM

Apr 2018
Goblin slayer is one of my favorite anime in the beginning of this season, but hey, it just getting worst, I Stop watch at the first 10 minute of this final episode, I just can't take it anymore, glad this show is over and hope there is no season 2.
Jfs_Dec 29, 2018 9:04 AM
Dec 29, 2018 9:11 AM

Nov 2016
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
Goblin slayer is one of my favorite anime in the beginning of this season, but hey, it just getting worst, I Stop watch at the first 10 minute of this final episode, I just can't take it anymore, glad this show is over and hope there is no season 2.

Got bad news for you then.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2018 9:12 AM

Dec 2014
Well, I don't know what everyone above is complaining about nor do I know how this stands up as an adaptation but as an anime-only I thought this was a great finale to the season for a great show.

I do agree that I kinda expected a little more from the fight against the Goblin Lord, it wasn't bad and I wasn't expecting Priestess to be the one to make the clutch plays. I thought GS would find a way to take him down himself.

I wonder if that group of girls who were going to the festival were the 'heroes' who defeated the Demon King.

Loved the final scene with all the adventurers celebrating and Priestess telling GS that all he has to do is ask for help and everyone would be happy too. GS even took of his helmet, looks like he got them Ikemen features. xD
Guild Girl fangirling over GS removing his helmet was adorable. <3

Overall, I personally thought this was a great show. It was exciting to watch and I was always looking forward to see how GS would tackle his problems and take down his opponents who are more often than not, goblins. The slice of life parts mixed in with the action were also really nice and offer a nice change of pace. I also really like how as the show progresses, GS kinda learns to be more 'human' if you will, the last scene in particular of this episode shows this really well. The characters, particularly GS and his gang along with Guild Girl are a really fun bunch, never a dull moment.

I don't think I'll ever understand all the controversy that this show created especially after the first episode. I don't recall anything of that sort happening to say Berserk which in many ways is far more explicit than GS ever was. As for the people complaining about the adaptation, i'd like it if someone could explain where exactly the anime goes wrong. I know they switched up the arcs but from what I've seen in the anime, I think it was a great idea since this is more dramatic and fitting as final arc of the season.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this show. White Fox put some decent production into it but I do wish it was at that Re:Zero level.

8/10, bring on S2.

P.S. What's with all the review advertising above? xD
Dec 29, 2018 9:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so while the battle was being waged GS himself was destroying the enemies lair. Rookie swordsman at least got the opportunity to kill a gob and save his partner in the process. Though challenging the pawns sure met their match in facing vets like the heavy swordsman and the female knight and of course the spearman. Priestess's entrance to the field and her way of dealing with the lord was fun. If anything the lord's past proves that compassion is a bad thing in this war. Cow girl welcoming GS home was a nice touch. If anything GS asking for help from the other adventurers shows just how much he's changed over the series. One hell of a stir that GS caused by showing his face though. Still the scene that it caused was pretty heartwarming. An excellent finale that ended the series on a high note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2018 9:24 AM

Nov 2014
Solid ending. Fight could be better, but scenes after that were great.
Drunk elf is best elf.
Everyone looking at his face was fun lol

Lelouch0202 said:
P.S. What's with all the review advertising above? xD

Yeah... if we still had negative votes that' be pretty much asking for those. I guess now it doesn't hurt.
JustAnotherShiroDec 29, 2018 9:28 AM
Dec 29, 2018 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
When Slayer takes off the helmet and everyone be all like

damn dat second half is just great
Scene with Slayer and Priestess just beautiful honestly.

Am more or less happy with the anime with the exception they wasted a week with a recap and editing the scenes of best girl into making Elf look weaker in the anime than manga. Maybe she is like that in the LN I have no clue but did bug me like how White Fox changed things slightly in Akame ga Kill so that Wave x Kurome wasn't a thing in the anime which is annoying

the low amount of gore and ecchi is a disappointment for an edge lord and pervert like myself but guess that could be fixed maybe in the DVD and Bluray releases but if its not its not too important since its just a personal preference
Dec 29, 2018 9:30 AM

Jan 2017
Giving this series more than 7 is difficult af imo.
Dec 29, 2018 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
FMmatron said:

Yeah... I think not.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 29, 2018 9:41 AM

Oct 2013
lol I see people are posting reviews in the discussion thread
I guess when you're desperate to have people agree with you you post dat shit wherever you can

@Gerver I believe you simply posted a review to counter the other two though but its kind of pointless because MAL reviews are trash since you can only like but not dislike anymore so despite understanding your passion posting a review is kind of pointless as said tbh
Dec 29, 2018 9:45 AM

Feb 2018
A lot of people were disappointed wit this adaptation but can we appreciate the music and Mili. Seriously osts and the opening for this show are really good.
8/10 just for the music without it 7/10 (manga is way better)
Typical slav weeb who is hunting down normies on discord
Dec 29, 2018 9:46 AM

Feb 2011
Absolute shit show of an anime. White Fox & KADOKAWA wake up and make another season of Re:Zero and never touch this garbage EVER again.

4/10
Dec 29, 2018 9:48 AM

May 2010
oh damn season 2? haters took another L
Dec 29, 2018 9:48 AM
Sep 2018
What a disappointment, this last episode. As it was the great 'climax' (it did not happen) of the anime I expected more, but this was not the case. That fight against the sovereign goblin was boring and badly animated, not counting the others as well. I really put faith that the anime would deliver a last good ep, passed away.
But what about anime like everything? Well, I did not find much either. He had a very shocking start making me very anxious for the next ep that was also cool, but not as much as the previous one. But then the anime gives a super decay. It starts to get boring, it's rolled up. It only had a good ep in the middle of the anime, which was where the priestess was attacked by the goblin, but then cooled again. I was almost dropping, but they said that they exchanged a fight and left it to the end, was that final, the big fight? Disappointing.
The animation is also not very good. In some parts it has crooked scenes, eyes almost coming out of the face, it is ...
Well, to summarize. Goblin slayer was an anime with a cool proposal that got off to a good start, but then it got worse. So I give it a 5/10.
Dec 29, 2018 9:55 AM

Apr 2016
Well this was a great dark fantasy anime. They showed the true nature of goblins, not like the slime show.
Can't wait for season 2

Final score 8/10
(BTW . is that Konno Yuuki ? )

Dec 29, 2018 10:01 AM

Aug 2014
Nice ending, I can't wait for the second season 7/10.

To be honest I liked the slice of life moments, sometimes were quite charming.
Dec 29, 2018 10:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good and fitting finale to a fine series!

Cool fight between Goblin Slayer and the Goblin Lord this episode! Goblin Slayer’s red fearsome gleam from his eyes were very intimidating as always, and it was pleasing to have a little more of the Goblin Lord’s thinking process at the very start of the episode and this made the entrance of Goblin Slayer all the more hype-worthy. For a moment there, it really looked like Goblin Slayer was down and out but he’s known for his tactical excellence especially so no wonder he managed to get the better of the Goblin Lord through the assistance of the Priestess. Goblin Lord’s final moments must have been scary considering how the Goblin Slayer came back to life and mercilessly finished him off. I honestly thought the Priestess might have felt a sense of pity for the Goblin Lord when it was pleading for its life, but those flashbacks were really deep and blew the thought away. Meanwhile, we got a few glimpses on things from the other end. It was nice to see the big-uns step up and do the job, good thing the animation and Sound Department delivered too! Dwarf was right when he mentioned about a ‘good mentor’ though, the town would have been demolished without his presence for sure as confirmed by the heroes later on in the episode. Goblin Slayer reassuring the Cow Girl that it’s over and the following warm welcome was nice to see!
Moving on, the following celebration scenes were a nice addition. Touching moments between the Priestess and the Goblin Slayer but it seriously felt off to me throughout for some reason. Lol, Goblin Slayer taking off his helmet must’ve been a once-in-a-lifetime thing for sure eh? Those struggles to get a view, xD. Guild Girl and the Elf’s quick reactions though was gold xD. All in all, a pretty nice finale and it’s good to have a sequel project coming!

Honestly, it’s been a pretty substance-less series of sorts and there were plenty more issues, but there’s no denying that it was at the very least entertaining to keep up with. Characters were pretty much flat and one dimensional but collectively they weren’t too bad per se. Sound Department of the show was consistent throughout the course of the show and that’s always great company to have, some of the soundtracks like that in this final episode too really elevated the tension and intensity of the scenes and the voice acting was on point. Some of the sudden voices, like that during the very end announcing the upcoming project, were really cool to have too oddly enough. Art/Animation Scale was off at times and don’t even get me started on that excessive 3D GS movements because they were horrendous at times, but some of the action choreographies and background sceneries were great to see. Personal Enjoyment was livening throughout, in short, and many of the action scenes and battle strategies were really commendable and superb to watch but as a whole it was good.

Overall,
- Storyline/Plot Development: 4/10
- Characterization/Character Development: 6/10 (Edit: 5.5/10 seems more reasonable than a 6 so here goes)
- Art/Animation: 6/10
- Sound Department: 8.5/10
- Personal Enjoyment: 7.5/10

-> Overall Final Score: 5.5/10, but I’ll round it off to a 6 nevertheless.
It’s been the most controversial show of this year by far and so I’ll be a lenient here because I’m sure there will be a lot needless hate thrown into this show.
_MushiRock11_Dec 30, 2018 9:05 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 29, 2018 10:04 AM

Jun 2014
Well it was a decent finale I guess. Obviously GS' side would triumph and it was nice to see them all enjoying themselves afterward. I wish we could have see GS' full face though.

"Goblin Slayer will return?" Season 2, perhaps? I didn't care for this show too much but I'd be willing to see more entertaining goblin-killing.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 29, 2018 10:06 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode overall ! Finally, it was a good idea to release the goblin lord arc at last, it ended up the anime in the most epic way (considering everything we got to watch).

Even though - I totally understand the decision - the anime remained decently soft (aka : gore, blood + episode 1 with the famous scene eh), especially without the Goblin Lord speeches, which would have horrified the viewer. Anyway, my hype for it grew up from the start and I hope it worked well. Season 2 announced indeed, but we surely gotta have to wait !
Dec 29, 2018 10:08 AM

Mar 2018
Good surprise of the season for me, not disappointed by the ending which is rare. Count me in for next season.
Don't know why it's only 7.5 but blackclover is below 7 so i stop questioning how people minds work.
Dec 29, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2016
Well, it's an overall satisfying journey save they skipped some part of the LN/manga that could enhanced the finale for GS, namely the later monologue for the Goblin Lord, especially when it's skimming to have Priestess to let her guard down and spare it, like all the female adventurers it encountered, and planned to given her equally horrific treatment once it's free...

A 7+1(intense personal bias) for the anime adaptation, and looking forward for any S2 announcement!
Dec 29, 2018 10:13 AM

Mar 2018
Alright, I didn't expect the message at the end but still nice.
Curious if we get a S2 or a Movie, we shall see.

Even though the beginning was quite 'edgy' and action, the end we got only contained action. Liked the last song... Guess I'll put the score to 8/10.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Dec 29, 2018 10:14 AM

Jan 2017
-Goblin Slayer will come back- at the end of the ep.That was quite unexpected,but still great news,hope they will take more time to do the new season/Ova/Film and fix the problems it had(cgi,animation,scenes direction).

Its was a great ep overall, but as in many other fights this season the one with the lord didn't come as good as in the manga,either for budget or cos of staff inability,even if its adapting LN who cares, they could have taken manga as inspiration in those times as they already did in many cases.

OP,OSTs,and sound best of the season no quesitons, at least those were really amazing throughout the show and even more in this ep
Dec 29, 2018 10:15 AM

Oct 2018
Oh, what a boring anime~

I rewatched some fight scenes like the one with the Ogre, and he looks goofy as hell lol. For this being called a dark fantasy, it's not very dark, even the guy being killed in episode 1 was lackluster, nothing from this episode was all that great either. Choreography in fights and camera angles were such a bore, ah well, solid 4/10.

At least the Goblin Slayer Nendoroid/Figma look good...

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Dec 29, 2018 10:17 AM

Jan 2008
_MushiRock11_ said:

- Characterization/Character Development: 6/10

I really hope you're just joking with this one... The characters didn't even have proper names (in b4 hurr durr it was intentional), and this would be the very first step one could call them and refer them as "characters". They were so one-dimensional and one-note that even a single line would be ashamed if you put it and these retards in the same sentence.

3/10 for the show anyway, your typical teenage bait bullshit where everything that can go wrong does go wrong.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Dec 29, 2018 10:17 AM

Jul 2012
What a precious little smile. Great episode. I actually ended up liking how they changed the arc order
Dec 29, 2018 10:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Junchi said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

- Characterization/Character Development: 6/10

I really hope you're just joking with this one... The characters didn't even have proper names (in b4 hurr durr it was intentional), and this would be the very first step one could call them and refer them "characters". They were so one-dimensional and one-note that even a single line would be ashamed if you put it and these retards in the same sentence.

3/10 for the show anyway, your typical teenage bait bullshit where everything that can go wrong does go wrong.

I did mention the Characters being flat, dull and one-dimensional. But collectively they weren’t too bad and were, actually, a pretty lively and intriguing bunch to keep up with or at least in my opinion.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 29, 2018 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
A decent finale I guess.

This was a fine show and I would like to see a second season.

Dec 29, 2018 10:34 AM
Jun 2017
el_morris said:
FMmatron said:

Yeah... I think not.

probando la mia xd
Dec 29, 2018 10:47 AM

Jul 2013
Well, the saltmine of the season ended... Good thing Shield Hero comes next season to left the void Goblin Slayer will left :feelsgoodman:
Dec 29, 2018 10:48 AM
Jan 2018
Admit it people. This show only got popular because it wasn’t afraid to show graphic
Dec 29, 2018 10:50 AM

Jun 2015
How the fuck did this begging for review likes on the forums start while i was gone? Holy shit u attentionfags never cease to amaze me!
9/10 anime for me. It would be 10/10 if not for the animation.
Read Toriko!
Dec 29, 2018 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
OGAnime said:
Admit it people. This show only got popular because it wasn’t afraid to show graphic
pretty sure it got popular because people overreacted over the 5 second rape scene like if it was super important or overshadowed the other things in the show
Dec 29, 2018 11:25 AM
Jan 2018
Deknijff said:
OGAnime said:
pretty sure it got popular because people overreacted over the 5 second rape scene like if it was super important or overshadowed the other things in the show

It’s the only scene that made me trip. The rest put me to sleep just impatiently waiting for another fucked up scene
Dec 29, 2018 11:30 AM

Oct 2013
OGAnime said:
Deknijff said:
It’s the only scene that made me trip. The rest put me to sleep just impatiently waiting for another fucked up scene
ah thats too bad for you I guess my dude
Dec 29, 2018 11:32 AM

Aug 2012
Goblin Slayer S2 soon huh?
Dec 29, 2018 11:35 AM
Nov 2016
People are saying "get ready for the Goblin Slayer fanboys" when all I see is people fairly criticizing it, or haters. As someone who doesn't rely on source material, it wasn't that bad. Some of you need to calm down though.
weed lol
Dec 29, 2018 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
It was a pretty good journey.
Dec 29, 2018 11:46 AM
Aug 2016
Goblin slayer will return?
i hope
Dec 29, 2018 11:46 AM

Jul 2009
That was fun. I’m not even mad we don’t see his face. I think seeing his smiling face in the last chapter on the last page would be satisfying though :)

And goblin slaying Cu Chulainn is awesome for sure!!!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.