Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2018 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So that heavy swordsman guy and the female knight got more relevance this episode. I almost forgot they exist

Looks like Goblin Slayer himself also got time to bond with the adventurers and enjoy a little party after their fight. A pretty relaxing episode compared to the others. Heh, I guess the adventurers deserves a break after all the goblin shit they have to deal with.
Dec 8, 2018 8:35 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was obvious but i knew they would end with this arc.
Anyway a laid back episode for ones and it's funny how no one knows Goblin Slayers face except a few.
It was also nice to see them all eating together.

And the heroes got some screen time as well.
Dec 8, 2018 8:55 AM

Dec 2014
Fairly laid back episode but it was real nice to watch.

Finally got more Guild Girl screentime. <3

Loved that drinking contest between Elf and the Dwarf. Need more drunk Elf. <3

Wait, what was that at the end? Goblin footprints? Is this gonna be that arc everyone mentioned they originally skipped or is this actually the next arc after the Sword Maiden one according to the manga.
Dec 8, 2018 9:09 AM
Mar 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Fairly laid back episode but it was real nice to watch.

Finally got more Guild Girl screentime. <3

Loved that drinking contest between Elf and the Dwarf. Need more drunk Elf. <3

Wait, what was that at the end? Goblin footprints? Is this gonna be that arc everyone mentioned they originally skipped or is this actually the next arc after the Sword Maiden one according to the manga.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 5, 2020 8:32 PM
Dec 8, 2018 9:21 AM

Oct 2013
ok will apologise
seems they will do the arc they skipped

was pretty good episode also
just sad to see best girl drinking though
Dec 8, 2018 9:26 AM

Jan 2018
All of the characters made it in this episode Goblin Slayer with out armour walking in to guild I was not expecting that and no one recognises him except the Witch

Receptionist girl got screen time yay

I was expecting Elf to be one of those characters who couldn't handle alcohol she can drink

Last seen battle is coming
ArugustorDec 8, 2018 9:30 AM
Dec 8, 2018 9:31 AM

Dec 2017
the ending made up for the whole episode

while it felt like just another SOL episode, the ending focused more on the idea that while the kingdom/country is relaxing and celebrating the defeat of the Demon Lord, while there's a lack of quests and folks are just hanging out in the tavern and having a good time - the goblins do not abide by any rules and can strike any time, that's why GS is always on guard even at these times of ease
Dec 8, 2018 9:40 AM
Jul 2016
Goblin Slayer relaxing on the farm episode.

Cow Girl lap pillow was really nice.
Dec 8, 2018 9:46 AM

May 2018
Fate Stay Night Easter Egg

Dec 8, 2018 9:52 AM
Jun 2015
Please don't censor and animate the next episodes well! The next episode is probably going to be a goblin massacre!
Dec 8, 2018 9:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A pretty calm but still interesting episode. Its always nice to see the hero and her party take action. The insight into what GS and Cow girl was like when they were kids was interesting. GS's bond with his sis sure was a strong one. Its nice that we get to see some expansion on other adventurers like the female knight and the heavy swordsman. Guild girls concern for HS sure was cute as was her determination to join GS and party at their meal. The meal itself was nice and did well in showing the bonds and friendships that he's managed to forge in his journeys. The letter from sword maiden was quite the interesting. The little party at the guild was pretty funny especially the drunk elf. This episode felt more like a calm before the storm and judging from the final scene quite the large one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2018 10:10 AM

Nov 2016
There's still hope for this adaptation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 8, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So that heavy swordsman guy and the female knight got more relevance this episode. I almost forgot they exist

Looks like Goblin Slayer himself also got time to bond with the adventurers and enjoy a little party after their fight. A pretty relaxing episode compared to the others. Heh, I guess the adventurers deserves a break after all the goblin shit they have to deal with.

You will love next episode for sure. I have been waiting for so long for this arc. Hype is fucking real!!
Dec 8, 2018 10:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I see that they switched the order of some of the manga arcs. Interesting. The end scene was a very dramatic cutoff point.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 8, 2018 10:42 AM

Aug 2007
Not bad. What a pretty calming ep. If they didn't show that last part of the ep I would have said that would have been a great last episode.
Dec 8, 2018 10:42 AM

Aug 2008
Well, they are not planning to ever make a sequel with a clusterfuck of writing like that, that's for sure. There was no reason to change the order of the events (on the contrary since some things don't and won't make much sense) but filler, dumb hero cut ins and mixing in bits from the future parts make it even worse when they skip actual good stuff for that. This anime turned into shit after the first episode but at least it got me into good manga and decent LN, so I guess it still has more of a reason for existence than most botched adaptations...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 8, 2018 10:44 AM
Apr 2018
Drunk Elf was cute but she was stupid to think she could beat a dwarf at a driking contest...
I really enjoyed this calm episode, more than I thought.
But the final scene...HERE WE GO BOI! Finnaly what we "all" (manga readers even thought I am not one yet) were waiting for...hope they'll properly adapt the "shields" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 8, 2018 10:45 AM
Apr 2018
Only_Brad said:

I was about to post something similar :(
Dec 8, 2018 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
I personally thought this episode was WAY too chill, but at least a chilling reminder to us as viewers at the end.
Dec 8, 2018 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
Manaarii_0 said:
Only_Brad said:

I was about to post something similar :(

DAMMIT EMIYA, why??? Why your virus-like logic spread like this?
Dec 8, 2018 10:48 AM

Jun 2015
Only_Brad said:

+1 for this. Really funny.

Dec 8, 2018 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
From the amount of times he checked the surroundings, I just knew the episode was gonna end like that.
Dec 8, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
Remember when the Sword Maiden arc began, and all the manga readers were complaining and freaking out about them skipping a really good arc? Yeah, and like I assumed at the time, they rearranged events to do the arc later. This is why it's important to be patient and wait to see what they do with the adaptation instead of assuming they cut it out completely (unless it's Tokyo Ghoul, for that you can assume skipped shit probably won't be revisited later on lol).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 8, 2018 11:05 AM
Mar 2015
No goblins were killed in the making of this episode Wait till next week when the war comes home
Dec 8, 2018 11:07 AM

May 2018
landofthekwt said:
No goblins were killed in the making of this episode Wait till next week when the war comes home

Unfortunately, next week is a recap episode lmao. The real episode 11 is gonna air the 22th
Dec 8, 2018 11:08 AM

Aug 2017
A pretty calm episode. It seems that the last scene will cause trouble in the next episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 8, 2018 11:11 AM
Dec 2010
Do people not look at the episode count at all ??? Seems like a big forshadowing and with only 2 episodes to go they are either gonna cut that battle way short or just end on a massive cliffhanger
Dec 8, 2018 11:22 AM

May 2016
Really interesting way to go to the last part, the cowgirl is terrified by the fact that it will all end some day, it sure is scary thinking about it.
Dec 8, 2018 11:23 AM
Aug 2015
Woohoo! Glad they're saving the best part for the finale.

As far as the episode is concerned, it was a pretty alright filler, seeing the GS bonding with everyone.

Dec 8, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2016
Someone on reddit pointed this out but I couldn't agree with it more. There's a lot of contrast between the Hero and Goblin Slayer, how GS could've been the Hero had his hatred of goblins not consumed him, leading him to his repetitive life of slaying goblins all the time, checking on the farm's defenses. Compared with the Hero, who gets all the fame for killing a Dragon / the Demon Lord. GS lives quite the tragic life...

But who am I kidding, he has his own harem
Dec 8, 2018 11:38 AM
Jan 2017
Omg another boring episode.goblin slayer starts good but with each episode is going to shit. What a let down .
Dec 8, 2018 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
Ya can't beat a dwarf in a drinking contest.
Dec 8, 2018 11:45 AM

Aug 2014
Only_Brad said:

:v.............
Dec 8, 2018 12:06 PM

Feb 2018
The hero reminds me of Yuuki from SAO.

Must be reincarnated into another world.
Dec 8, 2018 12:59 PM

Jan 2017
When they say demon lord, I imagine a world on the brink of destruction but things seemed to be fine here... Unless demon lords are just a high class mob that you rarely find -as well as being upon its own. Anyway...
Great, he's got a harem way to go. Love it.
But. WTF. Goblin tracks right at the end of the episode, nah why you gotta be ending it like that? I wanna know what is happening!
Can't wait for next week, loved this episode but I clicked "Hated it" by accident. Episode 11 cannot come any sooner
Dec 8, 2018 1:05 PM

Nov 2017
Well,that was a nice episode,calming,tranquil,right up until the scene with Farmgirl bathing,and the image of her on the bed in the moonlight.That was really,really nice,then at the very end,loads of bloody kiddy footprints,shedloads of them,so while GS has been doing his rounds,the local kids have come to mess with his head.Bloody hooligans.I think those little gits should be thrown to the goblins :)
Dec 8, 2018 1:23 PM

Aug 2014
tambi33 said:
When they say demon lord, I imagine a world on the brink of destruction but things seemed to be fine here... Unless demon lords are just a high class mob that you rarely find -as well as being upon its own. Anyway...
But. WTF. Goblin tracks right at the end of the episode, nah why you gotta be ending it like that? I wanna know what is happening!
Can't wait for next week, loved this episode but I clicked "Hated it" by accident. Episode 11 cannot come any sooner

Demonlord are the main villain in games as Dragon Quest and the towns still looks full of life.

Dec 8, 2018 1:30 PM

Jan 2011
Meh, boring episode, with barely anything to grab onto. dialogue is stale and basically we just to oogle at the obvious haremettes in one place.
Dec 8, 2018 1:39 PM

Jan 2017
kofmaster said:
tambi33 said:

Demonlord are the main villain in games as Dragon Quest and the towns still looks full of life.

Yeah, what I said is a little misleading, to clarify; due to the nature of this world the demon lord (if it's the main villain) needs to be reinforced by tropes of destruction otherwise its presence is downplayed and doesn't seem as much of a big bad villain... I've not played dragon quest but that aspect would make it a bit of a downer for me.
Dec 8, 2018 1:41 PM

Feb 2012
Looks like the arc they skipped will be what they are finishing on just like everyone thought. Imo this is a really good way to end the season. Slow episode but I still enjoyed it. This is the calm before the storm.
Dec 8, 2018 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
An okay episode I guess. Pretty relaxing one.

Dec 8, 2018 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
tambi33 said:
kofmaster said:

Yeah, what I said is a little misleading, to clarify; due to the nature of this world the demon lord (if it's the main villain) needs to be reinforced by tropes of destruction otherwise its presence is downplayed and doesn't seem as much of a big bad villain... I've not played dragon quest but that aspect would make it a bit of a downer for me.

I get what you are trying to say, but I think is just that the town where Goblin Slayer lives is not being attacked by the demonlords, but other villages are not so lucky.

Usually in Dragon Quest, the world is in danger and the townspeople talk about it, but the world is not destroyed yet and you can find several villages living peacefully (There are exceptions).
So, you (Yuusha/Hero) will have to prevent the tragedy.
Dec 8, 2018 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
at least they won't skip

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 5, 2020 8:34 PM
Dec 8, 2018 2:36 PM

Jun 2017
Only_Brad said:
landofthekwt said:

Unfortunately, next week is a recap episode lmao. The real episode 11 is gonna air the 22th

Damn, we got bamboozled... since when did White Fox go so low as to needing recaps for actually finishing a season...
Dec 8, 2018 2:39 PM
Jun 2017
I knew that White Fox will be adapted the skipped arc.
Dec 8, 2018 2:52 PM

Oct 2007
Nice that they showed a little more of Suzumiya Haruhi... err.. I mean hero-sama!

Adventurer's just relaxing at the bar. Everyone is so nice.

Only disturbing thing this episode are the numerous footprints that GS found in the farm. I got the shivers seeing that.
Dec 8, 2018 2:54 PM

Aug 2018
I am looking forward to the fight against the Goblin Lord.
Dec 8, 2018 2:57 PM

Jul 2017
Decent episode although slow. They are adapting the skipped arc next week so that's cool. Actually a decent move to end the season for this show.
Dec 8, 2018 2:59 PM
Jan 2018
Kirishiba said:
The hero reminds me of Yuuki from SAO.

Must be reincarnated into another world.

i though the same thing when i saw it!
Dec 8, 2018 3:16 PM
Apr 2018
kofmaster said:
Only_Brad said:

:v.............

What have you done?!? You have combined two "dense" MC! Guess now GS will kill goblins by cooking...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.