Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 7, 2018 1:45 PM

Sep 2017
This was a nice start. Seems much more wholesome than citrus (which is a big plus for me). It looked very pretty and there were some nice shot choices and transitions. I was kinda surprised about the immediate falling in love thing, but at the same time I wouldn't have expected it to be the senpai who would develop feelings first, so I'm kinda excited for this.
Oct 7, 2018 3:26 PM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:
thatPinkSpider said:
RIGHT?

typical high school romance, nothing really fresh and new tho

For some reason, shipers think that asexuality is when you develop romantic feelings for other people for a very long time. For example, one guy from Saiki Kusuo was considered an asexual only because he was indifferent to romance and the most beautiful girl in the school.

idk what other people think (and i specified aro/ace...not just ace) but I found the whole talk about Koito seeing love in manga/movies/etc. and understanding what it's supposed to be but not feeling it very relatable...though, in her case it's unclear if she just means the very over-exaggerated love portrayed in media...or romantic feelings in general.
And when the senpai girl (i don't remember her name yet) was talking about how people always discuss romance and how it's expected and how not only other people think you are weird but even you end up think so because you are not interested (great example wass Koito's friends and their boy talk). That is the reason why I could read it as aro/ace...not because senpai is turning down all those people.
Oct 7, 2018 4:45 PM

Aug 2017
Nanami fell in love felt kind of sudden. The rest of episode was nice, I guess.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2018 4:48 PM

Mar 2009
What's this? A yuri anime without the girl forcing herself on the other? No groping, forcing a kiss, or anything like that? Must be some kind of miracle. Proud of you, anime. Keep it up.
Oct 7, 2018 7:25 PM

Apr 2012
Black_wind said:
RobertBobert said:

For some reason, shipers think that asexuality is when you develop romantic feelings for other people for a very long time. For example, one guy from Saiki Kusuo was considered an asexual only because he was indifferent to romance and the most beautiful girl in the school.

idk what other people think (and i specified aro/ace...not just ace) but I found the whole talk about Koito seeing love in manga/movies/etc. and understanding what it's supposed to be but not feeling it very relatable...though, in her case it's unclear if she just means the very over-exaggerated love portrayed in media...or romantic feelings in general.
And when the senpai girl (i don't remember her name yet) was talking about how people always discuss romance and how it's expected and how not only other people think you are weird but even you end up think so because you are not interested (great example wass Koito's friends and their boy talk). That is the reason why I could read it as aro/ace...not because senpai is turning down all those people.

Well, I do not pretend to be an expert on this topic, but personally I read the first episode only as an attempt to show the difference between the idealization of romance in the media and the development of feelings in real life.

I was also a teenager and I know very well how easy it is to fall in love at this age (for example, once I fell in love with a girl just because she somehow accidentally said that she liked me), but but if we compare the image of romance in culture and real life, it may seem that at least half of the people in the world are asexuals.

Therefore (again, I didn't read the manga and judge only by the first episode), I see it first as story about teenage experience, and only then as story about qeer relationships, whatever they might be.
Oct 7, 2018 7:33 PM

Jun 2015
I'm really really really really realllyyyyy happy that this got an adaptation. Solid first episode. The colors were hella vibrant and hella nice!! And the scene where Nanami was there for Yuu when she gave her answer to the guy and after that was just...asdhgfio <3
Oct 7, 2018 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
This right here was my second most anticipated show of this season, right after Vento Aureo. I absolutely LOVE the manga, so I hope they don't fuck this up or I'm going to get depressed. The first episode was really solid, so keep it up TROYCA. Also, it would be really nice if people stopped comparing this to Citrus...but that's just me.
Oct 8, 2018 10:11 AM
Mar 2014
since i've read the manga, i've been expecting and constantly looking for fails all the time while watching the episode, but couldn't find a single thing to complain about.
animation looks simply beautiful with all those colorful, vivid sceneries and character designs. don't even get me started on the music, just WONDERFUL and very fitting. it expresses the feelings of the work the right way. i felt touched since the point it started playing
TROYCA did a great job with the adaptation and i hope the quality will keep as high as this.
absolutely 10/10
sulemioOct 8, 2018 10:21 AM
Oct 8, 2018 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
SNDT said:
Will there be a lot of drama?

Not really.

The series if they adapt it well it'll just have snippets but they get sorted out quickly.

And more often than not this is just fluffy than anything.
Oct 8, 2018 1:31 PM
Mar 2018
Wasshio said:
SNDT said:
Will there be a lot of drama?

Not really.

The series if they adapt it well it'll just have snippets but they get sorted out quickly.

And more often than not this is just fluffy than anything.

Nice. I'm tired of this obnoxious drama and unrealistic behavior in yuri anime. Thank you.
Oct 8, 2018 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
That was pretty cute with great visuals.

And I can feel the poor boys and these girls too. Always hated to reject boys. ^^"

Black_wind said:

I think, this is very relatable. You just feel and "know" how it should be and ofc, a real relationship is hopefully more down to earth than what you have read in some romance novels and manga, but 1. some fictions get this feeling right and 2. real feelings can be VERY intense too.
removed-userOct 8, 2018 4:51 PM
Oct 8, 2018 10:38 PM

Dec 2012
I've been waiting for this for the longest time! We'll see how well it sticks to the manga. Beautiful art and animation especially the first-person scenes! I look forward to the rest of the series!
Oct 8, 2018 10:44 PM

May 2013
I found myself wishing she would end up with the guy that waited a month for her and just make it a yuri how with literally no real yuri. Would have been a pretty sick joke
Oct 9, 2018 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
Lithianic said:
i'm so highly impressed with the animation. this is movie tier budget production. the 1st person view looks hella smooth and natural despite uncommonly used.

this is one of my fav shojo ai. its not your typical romance. it'll dive deep into complicated feelings. so i assure you guys it keeps getting better. btw, its more to SHOJO AI, not YURI and almost no fanservice. eventho its shojo ai, the plot is just so good. well, my opinion tho, after reading hella lots of shojo ai manga.

if it'll end at the part i think it will, i'll most probably cry. it will slowly buildup the tension for the finale. i dont think i've ever got heartbroken by a shojo ai series. yeah, the characters are solid!

dont even think of dropping midway, guys
Yeah you're right, the episode aired a little more than a chapter of the manga. So let's see, I've read the manga as well and it's quite sad. I'm still waiting for the next update though. Damn the author takes a while to make new chapters. But it's a good story. Even though I'm not too into romance.
Oct 9, 2018 5:55 AM

Oct 2016
ABDoesThings said:
Lithianic said:
i'm so highly impressed with the animation. this is movie tier budget production. the 1st person view looks hella smooth and natural despite uncommonly used.

this is one of my fav shojo ai. its not your typical romance. it'll dive deep into complicated feelings. so i assure you guys it keeps getting better. btw, its more to SHOJO AI, not YURI and almost no fanservice. eventho its shojo ai, the plot is just so good. well, my opinion tho, after reading hella lots of shojo ai manga.

if it'll end at the part i think it will, i'll most probably cry. it will slowly buildup the tension for the finale. i dont think i've ever got heartbroken by a shojo ai series. yeah, the characters are solid!

dont even think of dropping midway, guys
Yeah you're right, the episode aired a little more than a chapter of the manga. So let's see, I've read the manga as well and it's quite sad. I'm still waiting for the next update though. Damn the author takes a while to make new chapters. But it's a good story. Even though I'm not too into romance.

Yeah. Its all about how good the actual story is, with or without romance. More and more romance stories have become stale and saturated. People usually complain if the mc took ages to confess. Now people are EVEN complaining how fast touko confessed. Maybe they never heard the phrase "love at first sight"? So yeah, spice it up just the right amount to make the story really good. Haha
Oct 10, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2017
Wow. I was really surprised. I was never a big fan of shoujo ai, but I had to appreciate this show. The story doesn't look half-baked. Relationship build-up isn't aggressive or forced compared to other shoujo ai shows.
I just hope rest of the episodes turn out as good as this one, and they don't mess with the gentle feel this show has.
Loved the theme song.
Oct 10, 2018 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
hmm, allright...
Oct 10, 2018 3:09 PM
Jul 2008
I was reaaaaaally annoyed by these main two characters, it's hard to explain why but I felt like their whole demeanor was so shitty, can't help but hate them.

A girl blinded by manga and love songs that tramples all over a kid's love feelings because they don't match the ideal in her head, making him wait for a fucking Month before telling him she didn't feel the same way from the start. Even though in her words she "liked him"... as a tool apparently.

Then there's the scene where the student council girl just up and throws MC into her arms to tell her she's starting to like her --keep in mind they've known each other for... 2 days?!-- if this was a man-woman scenario it would be considered 100% sexual harassment, who the fuck wrote this?

It all seems so fake and the character's setting and behaviour super twisted only to create fake drama. I love shoujo and I've watched a lot of yuri before but the start for this really fucking sucks. The art looks very nice though.
Oct 10, 2018 3:13 PM
Jul 2008
tottobennington said:
I haven't watched the episode yet but can some one answer me this:

1: is this yuri one where we have the main ship growing slowly but whitout over melodramatic shit?

Lol I can tell you already the first episode is full of fake melodrama shit, the characters behave like aliens because I guess that's what gays look like to straight people? But really it's just to create drama.

Mormegil said:
What's this? A yuri anime without the girl forcing herself on the other? No groping, forcing a kiss, or anything like that? Must be some kind of miracle. Proud of you, anime. Keep it up.

I mean except for the scene in the very first episode where the senpai aggressively pulls the other girl into her arms to tell her she's starting to like her.. sure, no force there...
Oct 10, 2018 4:20 PM

Feb 2017
tottobennington said:
I haven't watched the episode yet but can some one answer me this:

1: is this yuri one where we have the main ship growing slowly but whitout over melodramatic shit?

Lol I can tell you already the first episode is full of fake melodrama shit, the characters behave like aliens because I guess that's what gays look like to straight people? But really it's just to create drama.

Now that i watched the first ep i can say that i liked it (it wasn't mind blowing but it was ok)
As long as they don't introduce new girls/guys to slow down the progression in the relationship / to generate problems in the relationship LIKE FCKING CITRUS...
I'm ok with this

Oct 10, 2018 5:07 PM

Nov 2017
I absolutely loved this! I feel like I’m already obsessed with this anime and it’s just been episode 1 airing.. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 😍😍😍😍

plz @ me
Oct 11, 2018 6:01 AM
Sep 2018
Nachotee said:
A girl blinded by manga and love songs that tramples all over a kid's love feelings because they don't match the ideal in her head, making him wait for a fucking Month before telling him she didn't feel the same way from the start. Even though in her words she "liked him"... as a tool apparently

She "liked him" as a friend, she didn't want to be in a relationship where she doesn't have special feelings for the other person and she doesn't believe she will develop any. Hypothetically, if she had said yes and later the guy says 'I love you' and she's like 'thanks?' it would be worse than rejecting him initially.
Oct 11, 2018 9:27 AM

Jul 2009
Great first episode! I actually read the manga page by page after this episode to compare.

Suffice to say, This adaptation is PERFECT! Truly 1:1 down to the dialogue. Of course, the Anime is much more expressive and added a few more scenes to make it natural rather than moving from one panel to the next.

I'm telling you, it's the EXACT same scenes and dialogue. I really wish more Anime's would follow this kind of format.

I really love the art of the manga. It's what drew me in and eventually I also discovered CItrus as well.

I really can't wait for the next episode! The chapter of the manga ends the same way as this episode minus the last council celebration at the end.
Oct 12, 2018 5:54 AM

Apr 2016
Nachotee said:
I was reaaaaaally annoyed by these main two characters, it's hard to explain why but I felt like their whole demeanor was so shitty, can't help but hate them.

A girl blinded by manga and love songs that tramples all over a kid's love feelings because they don't match the ideal in her head, making him wait for a fucking Month before telling him she didn't feel the same way from the start. Even though in her words she "liked him"... as a tool apparently.

Then there's the scene where the student council girl just up and throws MC into her arms to tell her she's starting to like her --keep in mind they've known each other for... 2 days?!-- if this was a man-woman scenario it would be considered 100% sexual harassment, who the fuck wrote this?

It all seems so fake and the character's setting and behaviour super twisted only to create fake drama. I love shoujo and I've watched a lot of yuri before but the start for this really fucking sucks. The art looks very nice though.

Its a yuri (okay shoujo ai) manga, dont look for something deeper in it.
Oct 12, 2018 2:45 PM
Jul 2008
Swagernator said:

Its a yuri (okay shoujo ai) manga, dont look for something deeper in it.

What is that even supposed to mean? lol, why would the fact that the plot revolves around homosexual romance mean it can't be deep or make sense or have likeable or relatable characters?
Oct 12, 2018 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
The anime ended - "I really don't understand her"

Me - "I really don't understand this show"

lol, anyway I only enjoyed this because its so much nicer than that garbage citrus presented not long ago. Really digging the nice background art. The character design looks cute and weird.
Oct 13, 2018 5:53 PM

Jan 2009
I'm a little disappointed really. I probably shouldn't be but I've bin reading the manga and almost every single thing was exactly like the manga. Same lines and everything. There were a few that aren't but it was for the most part.
I firmly don't complain about stuff sticking to the book but it was just to much for me. That's just my opinion though.
Oct 14, 2018 7:06 AM

Jun 2013
The first episode was just okay
Oct 14, 2018 8:32 PM

Oct 2011
nekoapril said:
The episode was okay. But how can this senpai fall so fast in love and then immediatly confess? lol
I don't like it when characters fall in love after they've only seen each other maybe two times .____.

Exactly my problem with this episode. Everything was going on quite nice and then a love confession?

Well...That escalated quickly
Oct 17, 2018 6:15 AM

Mar 2017
that escalated really quickly...
Oct 17, 2018 9:51 PM

Dec 2011
Finally some decent yuri gbless

Try as I may, I don't really understand Nanami. It could just be that in the spur of the moment she was overwhelmed with feelings of "here's someone just like me" so she just blurted that out and acted on it. Maybe she's actually quite an impulsive person underneath that calm and cool exterior. I've only read a little of the manga but await the sads and angst.

Loved the atmosphere + the ED is cute and fitting
Oct 21, 2018 7:59 AM
Jun 2017
Pretty animation! <3
This is my first yuri anime and I'm already shipping the two girls! They look like such an innocent ship! The support they give to one another is beautiful! The confession felt quick to me but hopefully, their relationship will progress at a good pace!
I feel bad for the guy that had to wait a whole month for Yuu's answer! :c
Interesting first episode! Can't wait to see where the story goes from here! c:
Oct 22, 2018 7:17 AM
Apr 2017
Eeeeee.... I really DON'T UNDERSTAND...
Really bad start imo
The graphic is kinda dull too
Oct 22, 2018 7:24 PM

Aug 2010
Usually turned off by Yuri anime like "Citrus" but this one actually seems good so far. Looks like this will end up being the first yuri anime that I actually finish.

Respect to the guy that confessed to Yuu. He handled rejection like a boss.
Nov 2, 2018 5:28 AM

Jul 2009
A lot of drama is coming for sure...Touko fell in love with Yuu so quickly...
Nov 3, 2018 6:47 AM
Mar 2014
This was an interesting first episode. I hope it's a good anime
Nov 4, 2018 8:38 AM
Oct 2017
I'm finding it difficult to identify the ending song for the first episode.. Could someone help me pls?
(PS. It's not 'Hectopascal' )
Nov 4, 2018 3:27 PM

Nov 2009
Valravnn said:
I'm finding it difficult to identify the ending song for the first episode.. Could someone help me pls?

It's OP song [Kimi ni Furete] used as ED.
Nov 4, 2018 5:52 PM
Oct 2017
Marina2 said:
Valravnn said:

Valravnn said:
Marina2 said:
Valravnn said:

Thank you! I love that song!
Nov 12, 2018 2:51 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
???? Can't say I'm too impressed. It looks pretty, but I guess I'm just not really interested in what's going on or what could possibly happen out of the premise so far.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 12, 2018 3:33 AM
Sep 2018
Swiggy said:
???? Can't say I'm too impressed. It looks pretty, but I guess I'm just not really interested in what's going on or what could possibly happen out of the premise so far.;;
I know this is like the most useless thing to say (because I rarely listen to it) but, it does get better. It takes it's time to build up an emotionally complex, mature and engaging story that to me is one of the best-written romances.
Nov 12, 2018 4:36 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
DumpsterKing said:
Swiggy said:
I know this is like the most useless thing to say (because I rarely listen to it) but, it does get better. It takes it's time to build up an emotionally complex, mature and engaging story that to me is one of the best-written romances.
I'm definitely going to keep watching mostly because I don't really drop anything, but I'm glad you went out of your way to try to assure me that it'll be okay. Thank you. Before the manga was announced, my friend told me this was her favorite, so I'm also sticking around for such reasons.
I did go on to episode two. It's fine. I guess I just wasn't fond of episode one.;;

Nov 12, 2018 5:12 AM
Sep 2018
Swiggy said:
DumpsterKing said:
I'm definitely going to keep watching mostly because I don't really drop anything, but I'm glad you went out of your way to try to assure me that it'll be okay. Thank you. Before the manga was announced, my friend told me this was her favorite, so I'm also sticking around for such reasons.
I did go on to episode two. It's fine. I guess I just wasn't fond of episode one.;;
You're welcome.
Also not dropping anything is a bad idea, one day you'll complete an anime you hate so much it will haunt your nightmares.
Nov 12, 2018 12:11 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
DumpsterKing said:
Swiggy said:
You're welcome.
Also not dropping anything is a bad idea, one day you'll complete an anime you hate so much it will haunt your nightmares.

Nah, I create stories myself, so continuing on with something I really don't like helps me understand what I feel works and doesn't work. I can watch whatever bad anime and think, "So this is what I'd do differently to make it better".

Also, interestingly enough, I tend to really like how they wrap up shows that I don't like-- maybe not just out of relief. I do need to know what happens in between to reach the wrap up point though, so I've gotta watch the whole thing.
Meanwhile, there are a lot of shows where I like nearly every episode except the last one. A show could have been in the running to be a favorite, but the last episode made me feel it's one of my least favorite anime of all time.
And then there are anime in which I really don't like the first episode, but as it goes on I end up liking them so much that they end up being a favorite. In fact, on my MAL favorites, there are two anime of which I really didn't like ("hated", "dreaded", back then "actively crapped on"), but then I slowly began to love them after maybe looking at them in a different way. I would have completely missed out on them if I had dropped them altogether.

For some people, it works to just drop things; that's fine. For me though, I think it works best for me to keep watching. If it ends up reeeally bad, then hey, I've got another anime to talk about around the campfire-- in which I will be roasting it over.
Thank you though, ha hah!

Nov 24, 2018 6:13 PM

Oct 2010
i don't have what to do and animes like these are always on my radar and then i saw people comparing this to citrus for some reason while even saying it's better than citrus, which was amazing from start to finish with a little hiccup in the middle so i decided i'll start watching this as there are only 4 eps left so i won't wait that long for the conclusion

that being said, the first episode was goddamn awful...? boring characters, boring setting and their interactions were shit and then this chick breaks character completely and the way it was portrayed was so bad.
I'm not gonna judge teh anime by 1 episode but citrus ep 1 was 300 times better than this

lots of music -
Nov 25, 2018 10:46 AM

Nov 2009
incisorr said:
i don't have what to do and animes like these are always on my radar and then i saw people comparing this to citrus for some reason while even saying it's better than citrus, which was amazing from start to finish with a little hiccup in the middle so i decided i'll start watching this as there are only 4 eps left so i won't wait that long for the conclusion

that being said, the first episode was goddamn awful...? boring characters, boring setting and their interactions were shit and then this chick breaks character completely and the way it was portrayed was so bad.
I'm not gonna judge teh anime by 1 episode but citrus ep 1 was 300 times better than this

If you like a more upbeat show like Cirtus, this one might bore you a little since it is a slow burn kind of show where it slowly build up the plot and character. (which ended up made it better than Cirtus). You just need to keep watching. What doesn't make sense right now will get explained in the future and you're supposed to be confused by that one girl action.

Marina2Nov 25, 2018 10:50 AM
Nov 27, 2018 8:19 AM

Jul 2009
This show has the most beautiful artstyle I've seen in a long time. The episode itself was a promising start although that confession scene went 0-100 in a flash. I can't help but notice that the beginning was eerily similar to the first episode of Citrus (Touko even bears a striking resemblance to Mei). Hoping there's less drama than Citrus though because that's what made it less enjoyable for me.
Nov 29, 2018 12:32 AM

Oct 2014
B-E-A-U-TIFUL

Man, why did I start watching this almost 2 months late? I just try this out of curiosity coz its the top #1 weekly anime on Animetrending.com. I was like, what is this anime? #1 topping SAO, Goblin Slayer, Bunny, and To Aru? This must be good.

No regret. After the episode 1, I was craving for more yuri episodes. Good thing there's already a lot of episodes available. Animation is so great. I feel like I'm watching a movie. The lighting, details, and even some background noises are very well made.

The cliff hanger at the end.

I'm not a fan of Yuri but this one definitely gets me.
Nov 29, 2018 2:24 PM

Oct 2010
Marina2 said:
incisorr said:

If you like a more upbeat show like Cirtus, this one might bore you a little since it is a slow burn kind of show where it slowly build up the plot and character. (which ended up made it better than Cirtus). You just need to keep watching. What doesn't make sense right now will get explained in the future and you're supposed to be confused by that one girl action.

creidt where its due

definitely getting way better with every single episode, it's funny because the anime sort of blooms into me after the first ep which i disliked a lot

still don't see why people hate on citrus or compare it to it but i know people are generally not very bright ...
lots of music -
Dec 2, 2018 5:16 AM

Jun 2014
Ah, I'm happy I've checked it out.
I was afraid it will be boring (bc high school romance, I'm a bit too old for that) but it was very heartwarming.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

111 by Kimsowon2000 »»
Jan 1, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

103 by Zora_Brightwood »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.