Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 5, 2018 4:24 PM

Nov 2013
i like how in the after ending song, the other girl was like "i wanna keep supporting Touko", but Touko was asking Yuu to be her support instead lol

anywaym, nice first episode, i enjoyed it quite a bit... which is saying a lot since i came into this super mad after watching one other anime minutes earlier...
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 5, 2018 4:41 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic, great start.

The art is really pleasant and looks like this has some good production behind it.
Love the designs for Nanami, Koito and Sayaka. <3

This episode was really sweet especially the part where Nanami says she might be falling in love. Has a very pleasant atmosphere to it as well.

Great stuff overall, hopefully it doesn't get overly dramatic or anything. Looking forward to more.
Oct 5, 2018 4:51 PM

May 2015
Just when I thought Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara looks so beautiful, Yagate Kimi ni Naru comes in as well. Undoubtedly both stunning shows of this season so far.

Really good first episode. The manga is great, and I can only hope for a faithful and good adaptation. The OST, animation, visuals are all there, and they're top-notch.

Oct 5, 2018 4:53 PM

Oct 2007
Quality is surprisingly good. Sempai has noticed her.

I wonder how this will develop.

Looking forward to next week.
Oct 5, 2018 5:01 PM
Dec 2017
Swagernator said:
Eh, i mean okay.

But i bet that every girl in this school is in love with every other girl in this school, just like in Citrus lol.

DONT COMPARE THIS TO CITRUS! please, please please do not
Oct 5, 2018 5:08 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, that was better than expected. From the animation to the designs and direction all worked very well conveing the mangas tone.
I think people are still underestimating the story. This is not just 'oh she didn't realize she is gay, so now she falls in love', there are some bigger underlaying issues here and it is quite interesting to see it resolved. There is also some very real rivalry coming.

This is one of the best romantic stories (as far as i have read, not everything) and i mean that not just for yuri but for romance in general. It may not be the absolute best, but it is way above most other romance stories people that are somewhat new are used to.
Oct 5, 2018 5:21 PM

Feb 2018
whoaa!! plot twist nanami confessed! and she had the sweaty palms and shaky hands!!
this is gona be sooo good
yuu is so cute!! and the animation and the colors make this show so smooth

i am really loving it so far i cannot wait for more!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2018 6:21 PM

Nov 2016
For a change, we got a rather sweet approach instead of rapey vibes, I approve.

The characters are likeable and it has a nice vibe.

Promising start overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2018 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Nice first episode.

The animation style is soft and has a relaxing feel to it. The soundtrack put me at ease the entire episode.

I haven't read the manga, but it doesn't seem like a melodramatic lesbian love story, unlike Citrus. I think this will be one of my seasonal favorites.
Oct 5, 2018 6:47 PM

Feb 2009
honestly everything is better than citrus. and netsuzou trap. and hibike euphonium. and --

you get the point. this seems much more organic in nature, like gay people wrote this script lol. i'm excited for real yuri!!!

Oct 5, 2018 7:24 PM
Sep 2016
I loved the animation, everything looks really good and the characters look fine. But I felt like they rushed the romance way too much, it felt like it came out of nowhere, I don't know. What do you think?
Oct 5, 2018 7:26 PM

Feb 2017
this anime is absolutely beautiful & i love the animation a lot. but i dont really get how nanami is confessing to koito even though they havent known each other very long. also nanami rejected that guy who confessed to her and to me it sounded like she generally isnt interested in a romantic relationship - so unless im misunderstanding then why would she confess to koito ??? probably just gotta wait for more eps to explain that i guess, but anyways this ep was still very nice and im hoping this anime doesnt turn out to be like citrus bc i saw a lot of people hype citrus up & then it turned out to be such a disappointment.

placeholder text
Oct 5, 2018 7:31 PM
Sep 2015
nekoapril said:
The episode was okay. But how can this senpai fall so fast in love and then immediatly confess? lol
I don't like it when characters fall in love after they've only seen each other maybe two times .____.

Just continue watching it and you'll know why...
Oct 5, 2018 7:33 PM
Sep 2015
Brilliant start!!! the anime pretty much adapt all scenes in the manga perfectly. Excited to see the rest of it!!
Oct 5, 2018 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
already miles better than Citrus due to no sexual assault and main girl isn't a confusing bitch just a bit confusing lol.

will see how the rest of it goes has a relaxing vibe to it.
Oct 5, 2018 7:53 PM

Apr 2015
Well, we're off a little less rapey. Nanami rubbed her hands on Yuu and kinda freaked her out, but she didn't go full Citrus and force a kiss on her. It also helps they're not related.

Gotta wonder if Yuu is asexual. That would make things...different. (I'd feel bad for Nanami.)
CatSoulOct 5, 2018 8:05 PM
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 5, 2018 9:11 PM

May 2010
She read shoujo manga, but she doesn't understand what happening. That aside most importantly....the green mold, green mold everywhere!!!
Oct 5, 2018 9:43 PM
Sep 2013
What is this black magic?
Yuri series with believable characters?
No unnecessary drama that isn't being resolved quickly?
Actual male students?

Suffice to say, I'm waiting for more. Anything to cleanse my palate after certain series.
Oct 5, 2018 10:08 PM

Nov 2010
That was a good start. i like how slow we went and there's no rush in the show.

And the whole atmosphere of the show reminded me of Strawberry Panic which is a good thing for me.
Oct 5, 2018 10:31 PM

Nov 2016
Swagernator said:
Eh, i mean okay.

But i bet that every girl in this school is in love with every other girl in this school, just like in Citrus lol.

dude just stop.....I see you everywhere talking bad about this story you both haven't read or seen but are so quick to jump to conclusions. I can't wait for you to eat all your words...don't worry I'll be here to remind you of all of them
Oct 5, 2018 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
It didn't make any sense to me how fast Nanami who had rejected every love confession fell head over heel for a kouhai she has just met in less than a week. It would make more sense if that koukai had some attractive personality or was pretty - Yuu is ridiculously plain as a main character.
Oct 6, 2018 12:00 AM

Dec 2016
SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!

As Ive already read the manga as far as its been written, I know the story so watching this is just following along with what I already know will happen. They are doing a really good job so far!! Made me smile and feel excited. Hope they keep it up!!
Oct 6, 2018 1:34 AM

Sep 2018
-kirin- said:
It didn't make any sense to me how fast Nanami who had rejected every love confession fell head over heel for a kouhai she has just met in less than a week. It would make more sense if that koukai had some attractive personality or was pretty - Yuu is ridiculously plain as a main character.

The series dives into a lot more depth on characters than it would initially appear, you can probably easily write a detailed character essay on either of the main couple.

However, with only 13 episodes, the furthest we get without having content cut is chap 16, which is a major turning point, but not the highest extent the series can offer.
Oct 6, 2018 1:39 AM
Nov 2016
Mikan_Senchou said:
nekoapril said:
The episode was okay. But how can this senpai fall so fast in love and then immediatly confess? lol
I don't like it when characters fall in love after they've only seen each other maybe two times .____.

Just continue watching it and you'll know why...

Okay :)
Maybe because she seems similar or hard to get? :/
But anyway, I really enjoyed the first episode and can't wait for more.
I love this new animeseason :)
Oct 6, 2018 1:42 AM

Apr 2016
vanillaskynet said:
Swagernator said:
Eh, i mean okay.

dude just stop.....I see you everywhere talking bad about this story you both haven't read or seen but are so quick to jump to conclusions. I can't wait for you to eat all your words...don't worry I'll be here to remind you of all of them

And i see you everywhere to defend it.

Where are fanboys there are haters, and what was that about me not to seen it ? Im here, the first episode discussion ... which means i seen it, i never said its bad, no after i saw the first episode, but im not like everyone else whos like "ITS GOOOOD" after watching first episode of a new show. I also dont rate new anime until at least half episodes are out. I hate manga fanboys who swarms anime discussions and talk to anyone who has slightly different opinion from them, i dont read manga, i dont plan to, i saw first episode and it was "okay", now i wait to see more before saying its bad, or good.

Angius said:
Actual male students

Yeah this was a shock for me as well lol.
SwagernatorOct 6, 2018 1:55 AM
Oct 6, 2018 1:46 AM

Aug 2018
My weak side is romance anime.....
This first episode was ok until the end, then it was amazing.
Art is very good.
Characters are also good.

A real doki doki anime we got here.
9/10
HENTAI
IS
ART
Oct 6, 2018 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
Black_wind said:
I almost thoughts it were two asexuals
RIGHT?

typical high school romance, nothing really fresh and new tho

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 6, 2018 4:07 AM

Nov 2009
Koito seems to be kind of dumb... but not on the level of dumb as a certain anime yet so I'll see how this goes.
Oct 6, 2018 4:24 AM

Apr 2012
The premise of their ship has confused me quite a bit, but this is definitely better than Citrus. I already see certain clichés of the genre, but a good directing and music make it quite a pleasant genre anime in the style of classic yuri anime.

So, I am glad that in their debut yuri project, TROYCA already able to create the right atmosphere

@Swagernator Not all yuri is written by maniac get-haters yuri fanboy.

Oct 6, 2018 4:30 AM

Apr 2012
thatPinkSpider said:
Black_wind said:
I almost thoughts it were two asexuals
RIGHT?

For some reason, shipers think that asexuality is when you develop romantic feelings for other people for a very long time. For example, one guy from Saiki Kusuo was considered an asexual only because he was indifferent to romance and the most beautiful girl in the school.
Oct 6, 2018 4:36 AM

Oct 2008
Shoujo Ai/Yuri from TROYCA...not bad...whynot? i'll stay and see how this goes...
4/5.

Oct 6, 2018 5:27 AM
Jun 2017
Like the first episode, the art design is nice , the ED OST is also good... well regarding the 1st episode, it may not be as intense as on how the 1st episode of Citrus is but not bad, they are setting up the plot of the series and some intro to the MC.

Well lets see the remaining episodes. Hahaaha
Oct 6, 2018 6:00 AM

Jul 2016
Ehh, I'm not really into it at the moment, It's nice, but Nanami fell in love so quickly... I haven't seen that coming. I guess I'll stick with it to see how the relationship is developng.
Oct 6, 2018 6:08 AM
Sep 2015
Akerakai said:
Why didn't the netsuzou trap manga (which is better than this and citrus) get this treatment :/

The episode was decent i guess but the "feelings" were pretty rushed
The girls aren't that good looking too

i agree on the Netsuzou trap, it gt way less than it deserved.
Oct 6, 2018 7:09 AM

Jan 2008
A lot of people commenting on the Citrus bit and honestly, I honestly prefer the more aggressive and forward approach with girlxgirl relationships than these ones that are overally cute or rather, plain?

Haven't really pinpointed it but something bothers me, maybe it's their designs or how simple the visuals are. I wished they did a bit more to emphasize moments, like brightening/colorizing the red room they were in. The image MAL is using for this show for example.

Wasn't a fan of all those close up shots of their faces/eyes. Feels off when you have a very simple face design with large eyes and no details added when close up. The shot at about 15:01 was probably the best one but the rest just made it feel like their eyes were incredibly large.
Oct 6, 2018 8:28 AM
Aug 2014
Kerouall said:
Nice first episode. Hope people don’t downrate it just because it’s yuri.

Do people really downrate for yuri?
Oct 6, 2018 8:32 AM

Aug 2017
nekoapril said:

I think it’s better than anime where they fall in love after 6 episodes so they get wayyy less time for relationship development. Instead of being a slow yuri with boring firsts episodes, it jumps right to the point. I like it that way, and as you continue watching, maybe you’ll understand better their decision. I hope the adaptation goes well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2018 9:30 AM
Mar 2018
As a big fan of the manga (deciding to read it after seeing that this anime adaptation was announced and purchasing all volumes officially translated into English) I am excited to see this made into an anime. While I have a few minor gripes with this episode and wonder if they will be able to pull off a satisfying ending, I have fairly high hopes for this anime. I do not expect it to live up to its source material, but I believe that this may finally be a genuinely great yuri anime (which I am yet to see, despite loving yuri as a concept, as many yuri anime are fairly plain and uninteresting to downright awful).
Oct 6, 2018 2:41 PM

Mar 2010
was pretty distracted.. I was confused when she started to talk about her confession that was off screen. Thought I missed a whole part
Oct 6, 2018 6:35 PM

Mar 2009
RobertBobert said:
thatPinkSpider said:
RIGHT?

For some reason, shipers think that asexuality is when you develop romantic feelings for other people for a very long time. For example, one guy from Saiki Kusuo was considered an asexual only because he was indifferent to romance and the most beautiful girl in the school.

Not to say they're right, but asexuals can experience romantic feelings it's just a lack of sexual feelings.

JJH_ said:
Kerouall said:
Nice first episode. Hope people don’t downrate it just because it’s yuri.

Do people really downrate for yuri?

They do so for both BL and yuri, if it has a broad enough appeal where people who dislike it are made aware. There's a few famous examples where stories were downvoted for gay elements because it got 'too gay' for viewers.
Oct 6, 2018 6:44 PM

Apr 2012
@Claptrap I don't know, Russia ignores the existence of asexuals. However, in the anime fandom asexual = not interested in romance.

Oct 6, 2018 7:19 PM

Oct 2017
I liked it overall, I've got nothing bad to say about the art or the acting or anything like that, but it does bug me a little when characters just fall in love out of nowhere when they barely know. Like, I know it's supposed to be love at first sight, but then I guess the scenes where they met would have to have been VERY impactful like wow this bitch just swoopeth me off my fucking feet. And it seemed like their first encounter was way more emotional and meaningful to the one who's supposedly not in love, so. Weird. However I really enjoyed (and I think that's what I'm focusing on) the scenes where the protagonist whatshername reflects on not being able to express herself to her friends about her feelings and how distant she felt. I thought that scene where metaphorical water rushes into their homeroom and she sees them under a literal different light was beeeeeeautiful. I bet a lot of lgbtq people will watch this and know exactly what it is meant to convey. Anxious for more episodes!
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Oct 6, 2018 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
when release the spyce's licking scenes might turn me off for a bit this anime has more Yuri than the latter
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 6, 2018 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
I really liked the atmosphere this episode built up, with the music, colors, and all those subtle, little details that showed Koito's feelings. I found the scene where Koito witnesses Nanami being confessed to particularly fascinating. Koito immediately turned away, and it seemed like she couldn't breath, like she was scared or anxious. When I saw Koito's reaction, I remembered how she said she left something behind in middle school as well as the text messages that were obviously a big deal to her but she just tried to shrug it off and realized that she reacted this way because she was reminded of the time someone confessed to her. Then, Koito saw the way Nanami swiftly and confidently handled the situation. That's when Koito's admiration for Nanami began. I'm excited to see where it'll go from here.
Oct 6, 2018 8:43 PM

Jul 2016
Promising first episode although that declaration at the end felt kind of sudden. I would have liked it to happen in 2 or 3 more episodes ahead, for realistic purpose but that's just me. I really liked this episode and now, I'm really curious about how the relationship between Yuu and Touko will develop.

I liked the art style a lot and the color palette they used looks great as well. The characters desing are nice too, all the girls look gorgeous.

And wow, a Shoujo Ai anime where the guys don't look and act like assholes. That guy waited a whole month for an answer and despite being rejected, it seems he took it like a bro. And that other 1st. year student who joined the Student council seems nice too.
Oct 6, 2018 11:57 PM
Feb 2017
This may just be the one that breaks the mould on bad yuri anime adaptations. The build-up of the episode was very well-done though I'm not sure how Nanami's mind works. But they pretty much covered the important bits with a first episode. The setup was really well-done.
And given how Jukki Hanada is handling this, I should not have much to worry about.

Also, the animation is stunning. I expected that much from Troyca. Now, that's how you blend in 3D with 2D, people. ^_^
Oct 7, 2018 6:31 AM

Apr 2015
I love Yuuki-chan and her performance here is great too! Loving Koko-chan's voice as well. Not too big on Kotobuki and Kayanon here though.

I hope the NL portion is not too big, if it is I may just connect with the doomed male courter for Yuu too much and if that happens this will become unwatchable.

Yagakimi was the show I was hyped most about this season. Yuri or not, a show that has this much great character presentation, impeccable dialogue and delicateness is rare, very pleased to see this. Best premiere I've seen so far from the season. Visuals could be better but are good enough. Hope it holds up through the season
LanzOct 7, 2018 6:40 AM
Oct 7, 2018 8:23 AM

May 2015
Nice. It's way too nice even. Could it be a finally decent shoujo-ai? Now I'm excited.
Oct 7, 2018 10:35 AM
Mar 2018
Will there be a lot of drama?
Oct 7, 2018 11:24 AM

Feb 2007
Quite good so far. The voices will probably just take some time to get used to - after rereading the manga so many times, I just already have a certain image of them in the head, and most of the cast just sounds wrong to me at first as usual in such cases. Every minor difference in details stands out due to this as well, but I wouldn't say this would actually make it worse. So far so good, let's hope the rest will live up to the greatness of the source material as well. Certainly a high goal to reach, but there's no reason to worry yet.

The first person shots feel weird, though...

Also, am I the only one who is reminded of Sasameki Koto by the music?
luinthoronOct 7, 2018 11:28 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

111 by Kimsowon2000 »»
Jan 1, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

103 by Zora_Brightwood »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.