Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2018 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, it started with some questionable scenes at the railway. A girl almost gets into an accident before snapping back to reality. This is some dark stuff

Some of the girls in class are mean as hell. No wonder the main girl has low self esteem. The bullying...is really ruthless from just this first episode. I honestly feel really bad for the shit that Aya has to go through in her life. It's not just at school too but also at home.

In general, the episode felt like one of those series with psychological despair befoe Aya's life changes. Yeah, I don't have good expectations for this. It's going to be one of those anime with a familiar feel like the manga which I have pretty mixed thoughts about. Those bullies deserve what they got though.
Stark700Apr 12, 2018 9:40 AM
Apr 6, 2018 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly this episode was pretty depressing but the ending on the other hand was pretty interesting.
I already expected a dark setting but this was rather severe.
Intense bullying and a mentally insane brother and a father who puts to much pressure on his children not to mention a crap teacher who doesn't pay attention to his students.
That teacher didn't even seem to care that one of his students died.

And the main just seemed to be enduring not taking any action at all.
Apr 6, 2018 11:19 AM

Nov 2016
Damn, I think I've cut myself.

But seriously,that was some next level bullying and extremely over the top. The best part was how the teacher didn't give a flying fuck. School isn't fun like this at all, sadly it really doesn't look better @ home.

Well,the bullies got it in the end,which wasn't satisfying,tho.

Positve about this episode were the hilarious rapey facial expressions and Nakao Ryuusei,that guy is an upgrade for every series.

Negative in my book was that they had to kill the kitty ;_;

All in all it was allright,at least it wasn't boring.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 2018 11:48 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
damn lol, im hella interested to see where this show goes

i really do love this edgy magical girl anime trend lol
Apr 6, 2018 11:49 AM

Jun 2015
That was some over the top bullying and the teacher didn't even care. This show is trying too hard to make me care for Aya for what she's going through. The poor cat :( Those two bullies got what they deserved. Watching girls suffer and fighting each other is going to be fun to watch.
Apr 6, 2018 12:01 PM

Dec 2014
mbell said:
Where can I watch it? Is it on GoGoAnime? I don't see it on Crunchyroll.
Amazon have the rights for licensing the show, so it won't be on Crunchyroll. Plus, idk. The early comments must have been people that watched it broadcast/raw.
Apr 6, 2018 12:01 PM
Nov 2013
thats was some heavy shit , next kill that sadistic brother please , i was so angry i almost punch my tv screen ,
Apr 6, 2018 12:03 PM

Jul 2017
I have no idea how to feel about this first ep. I don't know if I enjoyed it or not but, fuck people who bully honestly.
Apr 6, 2018 12:05 PM

Dec 2014
I haven't watch the anime yet cause I can't find a site to watch it, but I'm pretty sure where the first episode ends. I'll discuss my thoughts when I get back to it.
Apr 6, 2018 12:10 PM
Jun 2015
this will be the 1st anime that i might considering dropping that has an intresting storyline - im literally feeling like fucked up so badly - i literally feel like my stomach is running up and down about how disgusting the violence and torture is.
Apr 6, 2018 12:12 PM

Dec 2012
Well, that was really depressing...
And damnit, I saw that cat scene coming - Of course the bullied girl takes care of a wild animal and the bullies kill the animal. Gosh, that trope always makes me angry and sad. I could live without that.

I was really excited for some dark magical girl anime but I'm worried it'll turn into pointless gore... I'm really conflicted about this anime (and it doesn't help that the manga is still publishing, so I don't even have hopes for a satisfying ending) because the first episode used basically every bully trope there is, but on the other hand I'm definitely curious about the magical girl powers and the consequences (the blood from their eyes and mouths).

I wish I could watch a few more episodes right now to get a better feeling for this.
Apr 6, 2018 12:15 PM
Apr 2010
Okay, watched it, and it was SO GREAT and so dark! My favorite combination!!
Fucking Hell Correspondence and HG references all over the place! LOVE!
Apr 6, 2018 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, what a fantastic starting episode to what is surely gonna be a fantastic new series!

Blimey, eat your heart out Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Magical Girl Raising Project!

I mean sure, yeah, they’re both dark series, but this is even more darker than dark!
Apr 6, 2018 12:21 PM

Jul 2017
Okay start. Liked the heaviness of despair felt by Aya but it felt too exaggerated at times too.

I hope this show can be good since these kind of shows don't generally fare well by the end.
Apr 6, 2018 12:32 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah this is my shit...
Conscious of its flaws, but I love it regardless.
Apr 6, 2018 12:32 PM
May 2017
Wow I love this, it's so dark and tearjerking. And fuck that girl who killed the kitty! I'm glad those bullies died. 5/5 best anime of this season so far.
Apr 6, 2018 12:37 PM

Apr 2009
The bullying was way over the top, but also lacking any trace of realism to solidify the setting and make one feel for Aya. Not quite the same level of psychological despair you can encounter in SubaHibi or Yume Miru Kusuri. And I'm okay with it, because even what we got made me uncomfortable as fuck.

It was grimdark, but poor direction deprived it of its potential to actually deliver serious impact. 3/5, I guess, but I'll definitely check out more of it.

Apr 6, 2018 12:41 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was disturbing to watch, i even read manga some time ago so pretty much knew what's about to happen. Fairly old work(was surprised that it got adaptation), close to the finish, but still not done. Highly doubt that it will got past manga so it will randomly stop somewhere, don't think that's the best idea.

What was that ED, so weird ...
Apr 6, 2018 12:41 PM

Jun 2017
This reminded me of K-On.

Apr 6, 2018 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
This is quite possibly the edgiest episode I have ever seen of an anime. I’ll keep watching but I don’t see myself liking it. It’s trying too hard to be mature
removed-userApr 6, 2018 2:25 PM
Apr 6, 2018 12:46 PM

Feb 2011
What the hell did I just witness ??? Also are these fucking sperm cells in the ED ?

Apr 6, 2018 12:47 PM

Dec 2017
this anime makes me wanna kms with this forceful ' the whole world is against me ' shit. pathetic. and the mc that can't even say a single word to defend herself

just from the op i can tell that she won't stop suffering and still will want to kill herself, even with a powerful weapon. i'd give it 2 more episodes just to see how it develops, but watching this shit just ruins my day automatically
Apr 6, 2018 12:50 PM

May 2017
I've not seen alot of anime yet but this seems like it was trying way too hard.

Apr 6, 2018 12:53 PM

Dec 2017
the art of displaying the emotional state of a character is a really hard thing, it's a thin line you have to follow to do it properly with a moderate pace

yet this anime just throws a bunch of shit at ya
>i'm getting tortured at school
>i'm getting tortured at home
>nobody cares about me
>i'm a pathetic human being
>even the fuckin people on the street say "isn't it too early for this?" or "just get off the street" and pass by when i'm trying to potentially throw myself under the tracks

god, this is giving me such a butthurt, fucking unbelievable
Apr 6, 2018 12:53 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm now thats one hell of a intro for the mc. A suicidal loli huh. Whether at school or at home she really has a hard life. The sites speaker sure was creepy. Man those bullies really went way too far though in their harassment. Though Aya's new gun sure had an interesting power. That was a timely save from the extreme tactics of the bullies. Well an interesting episode for a a pretty dark anime that has some serious themes. Still it's interesting enough in that i'll hang on to this. Quite a lot of questionable scenes though thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2018 12:55 PM
Mar 2017
Well that was one of the funniest things i’ve seen in a while
Apr 6, 2018 1:10 PM

Jan 2017
Don't know why it has such low ratings, maybe because of the cat? In Elfen Lied it was the dog...
Anyway, a strong episode with a lot of psychological torture for the main character.

This reminds me of the Japanese drama LIFE (which I recommend to all of you who liked this episode). Very similar main character, in terms of bullying, rape atempts minus magic gun and time freezing blonde Homura. There's also a character like her brother that is smart and torments others because of pressure.
Most of us who got bullied or are bullied in school would like a magic gun!

Did like the first episode, hope it goes up from here. Art and animation wise, it was average, I'm also concerned about the fact that it's a new studio with no experience, and this is a psychological though...
Also most seyuus here are with very few animes under the belt so all of this amounts to a low budget adaptation.

Hope it gets to Ikusei Keikaku level though, although there the art was better.
Apr 6, 2018 1:38 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Has the potential to be comedy of the season, excluding Saiki from last season. Honestly, everything's just so overblown to the point where it loses any sense of realism, causing me to feel absolutely nothing for any of the characters. If everything wasn't so coincidentally against Asagiri, I might've found it more believable. Honestly, this series might as well play some SpongeBob music in the background XD

In all honesty, I actually thought that this series was supposed to be intentionally humorous or something. I guess this type of content isn't for me. Not that I have anything against edgy content though. There are certainly some series that uses edginess towards its favor. But this series feels overdone. Maybe the fact that it was one after another "tragedies" for the protagonist, it felt a bit too much. Maybe if this content was stretched out to 2-3 episodes, maybe it would've worked better.

If the series doesn't turn out to be good, then at least it can maintain this atrocity. I rather have a series that is unintentionally humorous, than a series that is unintentionally boring.
Apr 6, 2018 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
Hell yeah

suffering

it been a while since i watch it type of show and look like this one would be a good ride
also dat ED good use of Live action
removed-userApr 6, 2018 1:44 PM
Apr 6, 2018 1:39 PM

Nov 2016
That was the most shocking (messed up) first episode of anything that I've ever seen. It was brutal. But it was surprisingly very good and it has potential to be one of the best this season, although I understand this isn't for everyone.
I don't even have any words for that ending...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2018 1:44 PM

Nov 2014
This episode all in one picture

No but seriously, I can wait until she blasts all her tormentors to the moon.
Apr 6, 2018 1:46 PM

Dec 2015
This show is so brutal not even Hentai Haven wants to host it.

This show is so brutal you wonder why they didn't rate this D+, as in Death+, so only dead people should watch it.

This show is so brutal, that I kinda like it?
Apr 6, 2018 1:50 PM

Mar 2016
the situations to make her a magical girl were so fucking forced, it drove me crazy....like I nearly threw my stoneware cup at the screen watching this episode, for real xDDDD
Apr 6, 2018 1:57 PM

Sep 2015
I liked this first episode and so far it is following the manga, but I can't remember seeing the part in the beginning so we might get an Original ending.
I think it's a nice show to just shut of your brain and I need a show like this once in a while. I'm gonna keep watching it.
Apr 6, 2018 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
Was there a competition to see how much suffering we could inflict in one episode or something? It was so over the top that it was a chore to watch.
Apr 6, 2018 1:59 PM
Feb 2017
Makes me think of madoka magica and i love it.

Apr 6, 2018 2:00 PM

Dec 2017
Wow that was...uh... a lot. The pacing seems OK so far, it didn't feel like too much was crammed into the episode even though there was a lot of bullying.

I hope it has a bit more to it than just muh edge since I'm not quite sure I can stomach so much of it. The MC's design is super cute, though.
Apr 6, 2018 2:04 PM

Jul 2017
It was a chapter meh, I mean, the story is interesting, but the harassment that the girl recieves is too exaggerated, also, it seems that nobody does or knows anything in that school.
It felt a forced chapter.
~~
Apr 6, 2018 2:06 PM

Sep 2013
Aya :'(
The mahou shoujo powers arrive but there's obviously a twist to using them.
Apr 6, 2018 2:06 PM

Dec 2015
This feels like Madoka but more "fun" (action, deaths and stuff). The bullying was not that fun but when the rapist guy joined ... felt a bit funny at the end when he said they would stop searching and then suddenly appeared (as if to shock the viewer). :D
Apr 6, 2018 2:08 PM

Mar 2014
i allready expected it from the trailer, but now i know for sure.. this show tries way to fucking hard to be deep and depressing to a point where it becomes rediculous and just plain comedic.. ive enjoyed my fair share of edgy shows, but this one is just too much.. how can anyone really think this is any good?

SpongySquish said:

i think youre not remembering Madoka Magica correctly. you might be better off spening your time rewatching that instead.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Apr 6, 2018 2:11 PM
Dec 2013
The worst thing i've ever seen /10
Will watch till the end though just because it was pretty entertaining despite being shite

Apr 6, 2018 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was like MGRP x Hell Girl. If I didn't know any better I would've genuinely thought I was watching Hell Girl before the magical girl stuff came up.

Wouldn't even piss on the grave of those sacks of subhuman filth. All five of them (brother included) deserve to be burned alive before having their ashes cast into the wind.

Unfortunate that the other girl and the brother didn't get merked too. Hopefully that mistake gets cleared up.
Apr 6, 2018 2:22 PM
Sep 2016
i read the manga , it`s sooooo much better, i think in the Anime they are just throwing everything together . i don´t really liked the first episode
Apr 6, 2018 2:33 PM
Feb 2017
gizter13 said:
i allready expected it from the trailer, but now i know for sure.. this show tries way to fucking hard to be deep and depressing to a point where it becomes rediculous and just plain comedic.. ive enjoyed my fair share of edgy shows, but this one is just too much.. how can anyone really think this is any good?

SpongySquish said:

i think youre not remembering Madoka Magica correctly. you might be better off spening your time rewatching that instead.

I didn't say it was similar. It just makes me think of it because they're both mahou shoujo anime that aren't completely happy.

Apr 6, 2018 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
I stoped watching before the cat appeared, had to rest 2 hours so that i could watch the rest

(kill as many dogs as you want but leave the cat alone T-T)
Apr 6, 2018 2:35 PM

May 2012
I like this dark mahou shoujo animes. Very good first episode.

I wanted to throw those three girls to a huge group of homeless and let them rape the girls for an entire day. I think their deaths were too light, they deserved much more.

Lustreless said:
The bullying was way over the top, but also lacking any trace of realism to solidify the setting and make one feel for Aya. Not quite the same level of psychological despair you can encounter in SubaHibi or Yume Miru Kusuri. And I'm okay with it, because even what we got made me uncomfortable as fuck.

It was grimdark, but poor direction deprived it of its potential to actually deliver serious impact. 3/5, I guess, but I'll definitely check out more of it.

What do you mean realism? Are you saying those things doesn't happen in real life? Read the news and sometimes and you'll see things even worse. I have seen a video of a group of girls playing ping pong with a girl where the bullied girl (or the ball if you prefer) was standing there and the other 3 girls where just kicking her to each other. I think it's easier to imagine soccer players passing a ball to each other in a circle the only difference was that there was girl instead of a ball.

I only think that the brother bulling was too exaggerated. I was expecting him to do it more in a psychological way than just punching her like that.

JaVzD said:
It was a chapter meh, I mean, the story is interesting, but the harassment that the girl recieves is too exaggerated, also, it seems that nobody does or knows anything in that school.
It felt a forced chapter.

Again, i roll my eyes to these comments.
Do you think IRL bullied people get any help at all? If they had help they wouldn't be bullied anymore.

That's how it happens, they get bullied and no one knows (or pretend to not know) or do anything so the bullied person keep getting bullied until somethings happens. Usually the bullied person is too afraid to seek help so it takes a long time until someone with enough power to stop the bullied get the word. Sometimes no one helps at all and the person commit suicide or something like that.

Watch less anime and read more news about the world and you see how much people get bullied like that.
KaeUBWApr 6, 2018 2:45 PM
I despise woke people.
Apr 6, 2018 2:36 PM

Jan 2015
I didn't like it... At all. It has some curious aspects to it. But, I'm not a fan of this overly over-the-top depressive and gruesome kind of anime. And I've never been a big fan of the type of people that relish in it, either. We'll see if it picks up, next episode. But, if not, into the trash been it goes.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Apr 6, 2018 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
The episode is considered fine... as someone that read the manga, eh... I thought it was actually fine, but then I remembered I had to go through the stuff that were in the manga and it wasn't that pleasant to look that again because it did made me feel pissed. Not as much since I've expected it but, eh.

I thought the episode was fine really. Adaption wise it would be considered okay paced but not the best done but this would probably be fun a bit afterwards. Once the shit hits the fan. Lol.

gizter13 said:

SpongySquish said:

It would be more of the vibe of it being the same since it has a dark tone to it but they're relatively different.
Apr 6, 2018 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
I expected this to be edgy, and it has absolutely delivered it just with the first episode, it was amazing, just when Aya experienced something bad, another worse thing happenned to her, and the stuff with the cat was way the cherry on the top. Good thing Dio's daughter saved her before that crazy bitch scarred her.
Let's hope the rest of the series maintains the level. I need some replacement for Killing Bites after all.

Aya's bro looks like the best character of the entire series, btw.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 11 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 5, 2018

13 by L01MK »»
Sep 8, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2018

114 by Ira_7 »»
Aug 27, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 12 Discussion

allenjke - Aug 8, 2018

42 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 24, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 10 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Aug 25, 2018

10 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 24, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 9 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Aug 21, 2018

18 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 24, 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.