Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2016 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First half of this episode felt a bit boring imo with the background storytelling. Glad to see Asako getting up but I feel really bad for her with the way she ended up.

Good action, I like Ushio's battle armor in particular when combined with the Beast Spear makes it look like a badass.
Apr 22, 2016 8:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode touched me in my heart man

It sucks that my boy possibly truly joined Hakumen's side as well as the fact that the evil Hakumen worshipper bitch fooled those military guys so easily but somehow I'm okay with this

I guess seeing Asako's resolve, the great change in those 2 scientist dudes and then seeing the new badass gear that Ushio and Tora got in action really made me smile

But most of all, that moment at the end when our duo re-enacted their first fateful meeting is what truly made my heart warm....Everything about that scene and afterwards was just beautiful

Great episode overall and the hype for this final battle continues to get realer and realer
TokoyaApr 22, 2016 8:07 AM
Apr 22, 2016 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the episode, but I think Nagare's reveal was rushed and that thing could have last half an episode at least. Other than that, nice to see again the scientists dudes and how this time the anime doesn't portray science as something bad, but as a useful thing who will help Ushio in the battle against the Hakumen.

I find really funny how both Ushio and Tora were wasting time repaeting the scene of their meeting when they should have went to the sea to avoid the militar attack xD
Apr 22, 2016 8:41 AM

Jan 2015

That woman earlier, she can't be Jie Mei. Right? She's too creepy pale just like Hakumen. If only Ushio she her by himself, she must be butchered by Ushio right away.
I'm confused too. Why would Nagare switch side?
Seeing Ushio getting pierced like that even after wearing an armor surely almost blow up mind, because after that he just healed like normal? How can? Oh well.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 22, 2016 10:34 AM

Jul 2015
That reenactment of their first meeting was hilarious. I like how conveniently they both get armor in the same ep. Excited for next ep!
Apr 22, 2016 10:51 AM

Nov 2015
Why did Nagare join Hakumen! NO!!!
Apart from that it was fairly good ep.
The action was good with Ushio and Tora getting upgrade armors. Ushio was especially badass fighting with demon armor help.
That last part was truly touching with both reenacting their first meeting, a walk down the memory lane.
Apr 22, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
Lol at first I thought Ushio and Tora actually lost their memories of each other at the end there. That scene brought back some nostalgic memories from the very first episode, and I'm glad to see that they were able to have some fun with it.

The thing about Nagare joining Hakumen's side felt like it could have used some better development, and that fake Jie Mei at the beginning was creepy as hell. I also like the power-ups that Ushio and Tora got, they both look pretty cool in their armor.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 22, 2016 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
New armors, this is so cool especially Ushio's armor. And where they reacting thei first meeting? I didn't expect this sense of humor. Awesome
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 22, 2016 11:05 AM
Aug 2014
this anime is getting better by each episode till the end, well at least according to manga readers but i don't have a reason to doubt them.
Apr 22, 2016 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
Nagare joins Hakumen's side! I did not expect to see that!

Tora and Ushio got power-ups.
Apr 22, 2016 11:24 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, Nagare joining Hakumen kinda felt random.
Beside that, great episode !
I loved that reenactment scene.
+ i lol'd at that scene
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 22, 2016 11:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The power-up is a staple of any shounen anime. But few pull it off with as much style and panache as Ushio to Tora. Their respective armors are badass without looking camp or shiny.

Loved them going back to the scene of their first encounter.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 22, 2016 12:18 PM

Jun 2013
thatw was awesome the armor of Tora is amazing
Apr 22, 2016 12:27 PM

Sep 2013
Nii-chan is on the bad side? :(

New rock eater armor for Ushio and Tora gets the rest of the Azafune as his armor.
Reenactment from the first time they met :(
Apr 22, 2016 12:57 PM

Aug 2011
Someone is getting pretty desperate. You all know who I'm talking about.

When I saw Asako walking in the streets I was like why? Why are u torturing yourself like that?

Nagare switching sides (or so it appears....maybe) was forseen since last episode.

New armor is good and all but I can't believe they needed it so quick. Also, who supplied the enemies with those weapons?

The little role play and staring at each other in the end there felt real dramatic. Reminded me greatly that this is a 90s anime/series which BTW is awesome!
haykaApr 22, 2016 6:45 PM
Apr 22, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
Now, that's what I call armor ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ushio looks badass in Rockeater's armor while Tora's new look is... not as dank. Nice to see shit escalating even more and Hakumen pulling out all the stops. Hakumen's version of Jie Mei looked f'ed up as all hell and Nagare's switch to Hakumen's side has misdirection written all over it.
Apr 22, 2016 1:36 PM

Jul 2008
hayka said:
When I saw Asako walking in the streets I was like why? Why are u torturing herself like that?

She still didn't recover physically and mentally. People in such shape tend to be in delirium and are unable to act rationally.
Apr 22, 2016 3:21 PM

Dec 2015
That fake Jie Mei was creepy af. Really liking their new armor, especially Ushio's, really looking forward to everything going down with the final confrontation.
Not gonna lie, I really though Tora had forgot Ushio there for a second, but they were just reenacting their first meeting, that put a big smile on my face seeing them like that.

Apr 22, 2016 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
The Nagare betrayal, just as sudden as the manga. We've approached the point of no return in the point of no return.
Apr 22, 2016 9:04 PM
Dec 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Man, Nagare joining Hakumen kinda felt random.

In fact there was some foreshadowing in ep22, when Nagare was fighting alongside with Tora in Kirio's mansion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
Apr 22, 2016 11:17 PM

Jan 2015
Nagare joining HnM was really really random....(didn't expect him to do that at all)
Dat fake Jie Ei Mei was ugly as sinister as hell itself... (still liked it)
Tora's armor was incredibly awesome (fanboyism)
Hyped for next week
Apr 23, 2016 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
Mascera said:

That woman earlier, she can't be Jie Mei. Right? She's too creepy pale just like Hakumen. If only Ushio she her by himself, she must be butchered by Ushio right away.
It's obvious she is not Jie Mei. Jie Mei is blonde, has green clothes and green eyes. That fake Jie-Mei must be an avatar of the Hakumen.
Apr 23, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2012
The avatars of Hakumen are lowkey hot, I'm confused about the biker priest....he seemed so chill and cool, I don't get why he'd turn heel.
Jaywalker.
Apr 23, 2016 12:21 PM

Dec 2011
Really nice episode particulary with new armor and the end with Ushio and Tora who were acting their first meeting.

About Nagare, in the Opening, we see him as enemy but in the ending he seems to fight Hakumen.

I love ED and OP of this second part :)
Apr 23, 2016 12:40 PM
Apr 2014
Although it lacked any sort of build-up as to why he would join HnM, Nagare becoming a bad guy suits him, he would only be stale if he stayed the way he was
So the Azafuse turned into stone in wait for the final battle against HnM and to not forget Hakumen no Mono, yeah let's just leave them chilling in by the garden side so that they can be destroyed by Guren's minions, great idea guys.
You get an armor, he gets an armor, everyone gets an armor !
Them replaying the scene where they first met was awesome
This season hasn't had any horrible episode so far compared to the first one.
Apr 23, 2016 5:53 PM
Apr 2014
Wow, This just went full shounen. Not that I mind Tora getting stronger but they could have at least left out the "armor"... Ushio's is quite interesting considering how vulnerable to certain attacks he was before. But that doesn't apply to Tora >.>
Apr 24, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2015
Both got power-ups !! :D
Apr 24, 2016 4:50 PM

Jan 2009
This episode oh my - good vibes, full of it.
Apr 24, 2016 7:04 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Finally got caught up to Ushio to Tora in a day XD
But another good episode. The ending made me laugh with Ushio and Tora acting out how they met.

4/5
Apr 24, 2016 9:45 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Nagare WHY!!!

Whoa dat armor

Reenactment of the first episode T__T
Apr 25, 2016 3:35 PM

May 2014
How bad is the adaption so far guys?

I really enjoyed the episode, really curious about Nagare's sudden change.

Apr 26, 2016 10:44 AM

Dec 2012
Nice armor, I want the same in Dark Souls 3. The last scene was beautiful :)
May 3, 2016 11:22 PM

Dec 2012
I was so bored in the first half of this tbh. Second half stepped up though. These guys are so close now. ^,^
May 23, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2007
hehe those stone Azafuse as Tora's armor. It looked so silly.

It was cute seeing Ushio and Tora act out their first meeting. That was back when this show was still good :')
May 24, 2016 12:16 PM

Apr 2009
seriously, that darned fox or whatever is so annoying _|D
and people are stupid for getting tricked all the time -_-'

all of that aside though, that last little play with Ushio and Tora was so cute _xD
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
May 30, 2016 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Nice ending bit, okay episode
Jul 7, 2016 1:01 AM

Mar 2015
Half of the episode spent bringing more characters back into the limelight, other half more development with neat upgrades for our titular pair!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 16, 2016 11:40 AM

Mar 2016
Mascera said:

Seeing Ushio getting pierced like that even after wearing an armor surely almost blow up mind, because after that he just healed like normal? How can? Oh well.

You really couldn't tell from the first frame that it was Hakumen? Or at least, NOT actually Jie Mei?

I'm pretty sure Nagare's defect will be explained more later on. Don't judge it all in the first episode.
You don't go from having that kind of relationship to the total opposite over night. He was willing to die for them before, so something's up.

I was hoping that without his memory of them, he'd go back to wanting to kill Tora because all their bonding had been lost... but I guess that's not the case.

I was wondering why Ushio needed to 'clean his room', but I think the subs failed to imply it was to get all his treasured items from everyone.

Honestly though... I'm not enjoying this as much as everyone else. It's because I've been reading the manga at the same time. The buildup in the original manga to this final battle is flawless, honestly, and I'm really into it, and while each episode captures part of the epicness of it... the overall narrative is flawed to me and disjointed.

Azafuse should've been the opener, like the original story. Introducing Guren on the march, who's then not with his swarm to do the Azafuse backstory is jarring.

The fact Kirio and Ushio talking outside the hospital and it's raining like in the manga, then not during the later day with the Azafuse is jarring. (Nagare's betrayal took place in that same rain in the manga).

And the fact Ushio gets to chill at home after that huge battle where he got burned with no real noticable scarring or effects, unlike the manga, is jarring. In the manga, he gets taken in immediately after the Kirio discussion.

And the fact Nagare gave Ushio one whole day (Azafuse and Hyou) before tracking him down and finding him. If he remembered him, it wouldn't have taken that long to follow them from the Kappa's home, which he was already at.

That's all the issues that arise from re-positioning just two episodes. It just doesn't work for me.

It's weird; cutting the West Head's entire lead in to the story was weird... but I was okay with it, for the most part. Trimming Kirio's bond with Mayuko... fine...
But THIS...
I just... can't get over this.
It doesn't work. I don't know why they would try this.

I wonder if someone can tweak the subs and re-edit a few parts of the episodes to put them back in proper order. Maybe I'll try it.

Edit: And, oh my god, now the reason the Azafuse turn back to stone makes total sense after reading the manga. Since it happened before the memory loss... they did it so they wouldn't be affected.
So simple and yet it makes NO SENSE in the anime, and is yet another reason that moving these episodes around was dumb, dumb, and DUMB.

Someone has to re-edit these, and by god, that someone is me.
CrimsonCWAug 16, 2016 12:55 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Aug 16, 2016 11:59 AM

Jan 2015
RealCW said:
Mascera said:

You really couldn't tell from the first frame that it was Hakumen? Or at least, NOT actually Jie Mei?

I'm pretty sure Nagare's defect will be explained more later on. Don't judge it all in the first episode.
You don't go from having that kind of relationship to the total opposite over night. He was willing to die for them before, so something's up.

I was hoping that without his memory of them, he'd go back to wanting to kill Tora because all their bonding had been lost... but I guess that's not the case.

My guess that the Azafuse had to turn back to stone because they would be better utilized as Tora's armor (adding their power to his, essentially making him a Super Azafuse) vs just being a group that can't even beat Guren.

I was wondering why Ushio needed to 'clean his room', but I think the subs failed to imply it was to get all his treasured items from everyone.
What I'm trying to say is IF only Hakumen can do "better" in becoming to look like Jie Mei. That's why I add the "if only Ushio see her by himself, she must be butchered by Ushio right away" word. And about Azafuse, I said it earlier that I'm still confused about it. Therefore when I think Azafuse switch side, I'm still think if they really done it or maybe not? Well, mostly I think they do switch side though. LOL
Aug 16, 2016 12:18 PM

Mar 2016
Mascera said:
RealCW said:

My guess that the Azafuse had to turn back to stone because they would be better utilized as Tora's armor (adding their power to his, essentially making him a Super Azafuse) vs just being a group that can't even beat Guren.

What I'm trying to say is IF only Hakumen can do "better" in becoming to look like Jie Mei. That's why I add the "if only Ushio see her by himself, she must be butchered by Ushio right away" word. And about Azafuse, I said it earlier that I'm still confused about it. Therefore when I think Azafuse switch side, I'm still think if they really done it or maybe not? Well, mostly I think they do switch side though. LOL

I think Hakumen can only produce a similar type of Avatar each time. Creepy black haired females of varying ages.
You'd think he'd be easy to spot. :-!
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Aug 16, 2016 1:04 PM

Jan 2015
RealCW said:
Mascera said:

I think Hakumen can only produce a similar type of Avatar each time. Creepy black haired females of varying ages.
You'd think he'd be easy to spot. :-!
Well not just think, but also hope. Because that might make Ushio's work easier. Like the faster they meet and realize it's Hakumen's avatar, the faster he confront it and finish it. Like that.
Sep 28, 2016 3:08 AM
Mar 2012
The Nagare & military easily persuaded was lol silly. Other than that great fights, lots of stuff. Lasers destroying his house was epic animation, weird tree bullets from those monsters very weird.
Nice the science guys turned, & armors totally badass.
Apr 18, 2017 10:29 AM

Feb 2013
Haha lol, they were tricked too easy, her face screams EVIL.
Ushio and Tora got cool armors.
And lol, nobody is bothering to stop Asako on the street.
Sep 25, 2017 1:04 AM

Dec 2012
LMAO at HnM pretending to be Jie Mei to trick Atsuzawa.
Nagare is back.
Nagare rape face.
He's on HnM's side?
The old scientist dudes. The Hiyou over their heads are creepy looking.
Holy crap. They died.
Dat armor.
Tora got armor too.
Dat deja vu.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 14, 2019 11:51 PM
Jun 2013
wait these two asshole scientist weren't arrested or punished at all? BS! Is there no staff in the hospital. How the fuck asiko got out. First of all where did these guys get lasers and secondly its cool both the leads get bad ass armor. Sucks the other yoki got killed I want to know what they meant by tora has a real reason to hate hakumen. I wonder why Nagare turned.
souledge94Feb 14, 2019 11:56 PM
May 3, 2021 7:57 AM

Jul 2011
Hakumen really seem to be having an easy time manipulating everyone.
I can't believe they all fell for that purple evil looking fake Jie Mei.

At least the scientists are actually useful and managed to do something against the Hiyos.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

101 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 13, 6:46 AM

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.