Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2015 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And ahh, all the members are gathered at the discussion tables this episode. Really nice to see them working whether it's to review the animation quality, typing, etc.

Looks like their hard work paid off though. Way to go team. Quite interesting to see Aoi take the stage with a speech. Be proud girl!

Damn, now I'm going to miss this show ;_;

Stark700Mar 26, 2015 7:59 AM
Mar 26, 2015 8:25 AM
Dec 2011
Thank you PA Works, every staff and seiyuus.
It's an amazing half year.

https://twitter.com/shirobako_anime/status/581109478814138368
Mar 26, 2015 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
Great photo! Can't wait for final episode :)

Edit:
Just watched 24th episode.
Wow.
Thank you P.A. Works, this show is just perfect.
This anime proved that how amazing this studio is.
10/10 from me and fav list. One of the greatest series which I seen.
rsc-plMar 27, 2015 7:02 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 26, 2015 8:51 AM

Oct 2012
I think I caught a Yurikuma Arashi reference:

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/aaieba149/imgs/0/e/0e16363e-s.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/aaieba149/imgs/0/e/0e16363e.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

I just noticed some very interesting news about a follow-on series to Shirobako
that has just been greenlit:

Anime About the Making of Shirobako Greenlit

The most recent issue of Kadokawa’s Monthly Dengeki Daioh announced
that production on the new anime series Bakoinai has been greenlit.
Bakoinai depicts the staff at studio ‘D.A Works’ as they work to create
the anime Shirobako, which follows five girls as they work to succeed in
the anime industry.

“Creating an anime about the process of creating an anime about creating
anime presents a very unique challenge,” director Mizushima Tsutomu tells
Anime Maru. . . . . .

See here for the entire article:
http://www.animemaru.com/anime-about-the-making-of-shirobako-greenlit/

Those of you who are not regular readers of the anime-related online magazine
"Anime Maru" maybe also be interested to know that . . .
okanaganMar 26, 2015 9:14 AM
Mar 26, 2015 10:20 AM
Oct 2012
Wow, this episode seemed like an hour long, and I mean that in a good way. The final rush to finish the last episode, so much work to do, so wonderful how this animation captures all that feeling.

All the characters step it up. The great chase at the end, the thrills the chills the excitement. The flagrant breaking of the law.
Mar 26, 2015 10:46 AM
Sep 2013
finally it ends..

watching this episode makes me both happy and sad. even i laughed and cried at the same time, enjoying lot of moments in this episode.

if there is an 11/10 option..
Mar 26, 2015 12:00 PM
Mar 2013
How come Segawa was alone there?

But anyway, the people attending the party seemed very happy. Everything went all right...

I cannot help but re-watch this final episode again and again.
I love the scene of Lucy running and Kunogi gradually becoming communicative.

By the way, YACHIGUSA Kaoru (1930 - ), who was referred at the studio when Aria and Lucy giving suck to a baby cow, is an actress. She is supposed to be a model of MATSUMOTO Raiji's beautiful female characters design of his manga.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaoru_Yachigusa
htsujiMar 27, 2015 3:55 AM
Mar 26, 2015 1:23 PM

Aug 2008
What a wonderful anime!!! This, along with Akatsuki no Yona was my most enjoyable series of this season! <3 My favorite type of SoL comedy (drama-ish) anime. :)

Oh lol, the hen-no-hanashi-guy also appeared. XD I particularly really love all the little details they put in Shirobako (especially the facials expression).
Mar 26, 2015 2:02 PM

Mar 2008
10/10
Mar 26, 2015 3:09 PM

Mar 2015
A satisfying end for a very good series.
I'll miss this anime.
Mar 26, 2015 6:28 PM

Jun 2007
"Due to production issues, Shirobako episode 24 will be delayed. We thank you for your patience and understanding." - Crunchyroll

Ahh, the irony.
Mar 26, 2015 9:36 PM

Jun 2013
okanagan said:
“Creating an anime about the process of creating an anime about creating
anime presents a very unique challenge,” director Mizushima Tsutomu tells
Anime Maru. . . . . .

The rare cases in which I actually laughed out loud. Good stuff m8.

Very solid ending. No last minute drama just for the sake of "going out with a bang" but a standard ending that does its job and wraps everything up well. Too bad we didn't really get a closer look into Shizuka and Misa, but the episodes in which they were developed should suffice I guess.

Definitely a bold and refreshing move by PA works and I enjoyed every episode of this show because of what it taught me and because of how I bonded with all the characters, no matter how many. I'll sign the petition for a second season if that's a thing lol.
Mar 26, 2015 10:59 PM

Jun 2013
Great finale! Glad everything went as planned.

Super action packed last episode lol. Shirobako more like reckless driving

Good speech Aoi :D

It started with the group and it ended with the group. I love how all the girls gathered at the end!

A nice solid series. Season 2 please, maybe about their time in highschool or something? Having more would be very pleasing
Mar 27, 2015 12:52 AM

Jan 2011
Such a good finale lol no clue how chaotic getting the on air tapes actually is but seeing the "speed limit goddess" run from couple of cops to make it in time was great.

PA tends to have a pattern where they do one shitty one season then the next one is actually good, glad after whatever you wanna call glasslip Shirobako turned out really good 8/10

and you know a lot of people were worried about the amount of characters wouldn't get enough screentime to matter but i think it worked out in the end watching everyone at the party made me happy since i knew all their roles.

really hope this gets another season
Mar 27, 2015 1:00 AM

Aug 2013
The best show of the past two seasons has come to an end.

Honestly, as much as I want to see the girls' dream of making that anime come true, I want to see them continue doing their mundane jobs even more.
Mar 27, 2015 1:24 AM

Jun 2012
Those tires at the end were goofy even for Shirobako
Mar 27, 2015 1:25 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow that was an amazing finale! Ema has learned to have more confidence in herself, even asking to do a certain scene! She's able to handle more work while maintaining the quality too. Misa is also doing great at her job, telling her boss that she could work on a part that sounded like a lot of work. Shizuka has been getting roles, even if it's just Girl C. Aoi running all the way to the broadcasting station was praiseworthy too. I love the whole part where everyone was rushing to deliver the tapes, so exciting yet funny. I laughed several times throughout that part. So Okitsu was their wild-card, and wow, she's notorious apparently for her speeding. That's some driving skills she has. Amazing.

Oh and of course Dai-chan. Seems like there are no problems with him anymore, his years of experience shows as he had taped everything at an inhuman speed. "Betsu ni." :D And also how he knows a lot of people in the industry. Still dislike his earlier attitude, but I'm happy to see him grow and learn to like anime production again. I saw that little fist pump of his. I think he's found his place to stay at Musani. Which also reminds me, Endou being surprised that Segawa was working next to him for the rest of the production XD Also seeing him and Shimoyanagi having fun conversing at the party was nice. Reminds you how far everyone has come, and the journey we witnessed in Shirobako. The speech Miyamori gave at the end had me crying, because I felt the accomplishment that they all went through, not just with the Third Aerial Girl's Squad, but watching the characters grow and overcome both personal and situational difficulties.

Overall, this was most of all, a really entertaining show that was also pretty educational regarding the process of animation production. We knew that the anime industry is a hectic and stressful one, but Shirobako allows us to further appreciate the work and effort the people involved put in. Sure it's probably not completely realistic (workplace wise?), but it was still a fun ride and we still learned about the staff and process of it, and also the difference and difficulties with an original anime and an anime adaptation. I also really ended up loving all the characters, despite the extremely large cast. All the characters felt natural and realistic, and each had defined personalities. I even ended up liking Hiraoka. It's so hard to say goodbye to Shirobako...I really hope for a second season, though this season was more than satisfactory, and they did at least show that Shizuka is starting to get somewhere. I want to give PA Works one giant hug for this brilliant and entertaining show. I will definitely support it and buy the BDs :)
tingyMar 27, 2015 1:29 AM
Mar 27, 2015 2:04 AM
Mar 2012
The fun ride has finally come to an end. It was a bumpy road halfway through, but it smoothed out near the finale. PA Works definitely redeemed themselves from Glasslip, I'll be looking forward to their next work. Don-don-donuts, let's go nuts! o/
Mar 27, 2015 2:46 AM

Nov 2013
It's funny that this very original story doesn't have a lot of attention..

Anyway,
That last scene
That Editor become a Photographer
That everything
Goddamn I 've knew it since 3rd episode that this show has an unique storytelling!

11/10
Great soundtrack
Great character development
Great amount of story that packed greatly well in 26 episodes
Mar 27, 2015 2:50 AM

Jul 2013
SECOND SEASON WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN???!!!!11one
Mar 27, 2015 4:02 AM

Nov 2012
that was a nice ending to a good series. 7/10 from me, and i wouldn't mind a season 2.
Mar 27, 2015 4:59 AM

Apr 2013
Great to see the group united again. There is definitely room for a season 2 as the characters have so much room for development. 9/10
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Mar 27, 2015 5:29 AM

May 2010
Ema I am so proud of you. Kunogi too. Man I am proud of everyone, they are all my kids now. srsly [even those grandpas. lol]

Segawa x Endou <3 (Why did you go and get married, Endou...]

"Windspeedhowfast" <3

Ri-chan is so helpful, such a nice girl..

Ema crying for Sakaki was beautiful.

I need more of Kunogi. Dat thank you very much.

Okitsu rocks in that car!

Dat I dunno... assistant direction? (The one with pink suit) him freaking out is too hilarious, it's always like this when it comes to last episodes.

So that's how they submit anime tapes.. When Miyamori started running, I was like "run Myamori run!" It all started with her, I am so glad she got the recognition she deserves. Proud of them all. That's a nice goal she has got.

That group photo <3 I see Nogame attended the celebration as well, nice to see that.

.. Two Piece? Really lmao. It already has an anime, why would you remake it? lol.

The girls have completely changed as compared to their episode 1 counterparts. Love that. Still not very fond of the anime they want to make together, think it would be an epic fail lol.

Whew this was amazing. As I have said before, I have always supported anime studios but really, I was more biased towards the VAs and animators. After watching this show, I respect and cheer for everyone who takes part in making an anime. Really, there are a lot of people involved in one anime. For them to work as one unit while throwing aside all kinds of imaginable disputes and all, is really respectful and amazing. At least I think so. So thanks to P.A. Works for giving us the chance to know a bit more on the production side. It was really fun. Now Shirobako is among my most fav anime ever.

10/10
Mar 27, 2015 5:36 AM
May 2010
10/10 AOTS two season in a row. maybe even AOTY.
Mar 27, 2015 6:00 AM

Jun 2014
Awesome finale. Aoi' speech at the end was freaking amazing. I'm gonna miss this show & the characters so much ;___; I'm deffo re-watching this!

StevenHu said:

Honestly, as much as I want to see the girls' dream of making that anime come true, I want to see them continue doing their mundane jobs even more.

+1.
Mar 27, 2015 6:01 AM

Oct 2009
Nice ending, I hope there will be a 2nd season, this anime must continue.

9/10 for me.
Mar 27, 2015 6:03 AM

Jul 2014
Goddamn, that was beautiful; A smooth simple finale. I have all sort of mixed of emotions while watching the episode. All the girls working harder for dreams, Ema trying new things, Zuka getting more roles, Miyamori finally setting a goal, deciding what she want to do. It was simply touching. The scenes where Miyamori is going back alone on the train, and where she have to deliver a speech in the party, it just hit me on so many levels. I was so happy and sad at the same time, realizing that, this probably the last time I'll see more heartwarming moments from her, yet I was happy because she finally had motivation, and found a clearer goal. And the speech was just spot on, I loved every word of it. One must really appreciate the amount of effort and manpower that is put into making anime, or rather any work. I liked the flame analogy as well.

It was funny seeing more from the rest of the cast as well. Endou working next to Segawa, Dai-chan stealing Takanachi's moment for his speed lol. Okitsu with her insane driving and drifting. All together just made this episode even more fantastic.

Finally, the last scene, I'm at lost for words. I just adored it. Don-don donuts, let's go nuts!

Wonderful anime. 10/10 and is among my top 5 favorites.
Mar 27, 2015 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know, but I felt the show lost its greatness in its second half. Maybe it was because more of its new humour felt really out of place for me (the shy girl), or the show takes its jokes too seriously (that marathon scene). But I did really like the first half a lot. It felt less forced and more refreshing. Nonetheless its still not a bad show and its ending was pretty ok/good. Overall 7/10, if it was just its first half i would have given 9/10
Mar 27, 2015 6:18 AM

Dec 2011
What a fun ride!
I'm really glad I picked this show, no regret at all!

A bit worried that there something would happen towards the delivery, but thankfully all went well!
At the end of it, we can see how far the girls have come. I really want to see them working on their own anime, next season surely?

The delivery speech was well said, and just perfect to close the series.

I'm gonna miss all those characters, and of course the Don-Don Donuts' Girls!
Thank you for the great show P.A. Works! Would love it if this has the second season :)
Mar 27, 2015 6:22 AM

Jan 2013
Not only was Miyamori-chan moved by Zuka's performance but also Ema-chan who insisted on doing the scene with Lucy. Man, I thought Miyamori was a nice drifter till this episode saw the one real beast in Yuka-chan. Wonder if she's the one that taught her?

Sigh that nice wrap up and the talk between the 5 girls wanting to redo their anime even better with their experience even starting their pre-production with a newly made CG boat. It really gives me hope for a S2 to see their anime but if P.A. Works doesn't then it's still a nice way to close the anime with a satisfactory anime. Sucks having to leave characters having grown attached to and seen grow especially Miyamori.

Her speech was really nice and inspiring unlike other speeches I heard as it wasn't cliche or the usual mumble that doesn't inspire. It makes one value team work done in such a project even little ones.

And what can I say about the ending songs. Not only one but two really really great songs by the cast that I been listening to over and over again.
Gonna miss this anime.
radleMar 27, 2015 6:26 AM
Mar 27, 2015 6:36 AM

Nov 2014
It was like a love letter to the anime industry. Surprisingly moving at times, especially in the last two episodes. I'd love to see another season.

5/5 episode

8/10 overall
Mar 27, 2015 6:43 AM
Mar 2014
aikaflip said:
It was like a love letter to the anime industry. Surprisingly moving at times, especially in the last two episodes. I'd love to see another season.

Nicely put. I'm really gonna miss it now..
Mar 27, 2015 6:51 AM
Mar 2013
Hello, Kunogi. What are you looking at?

And apparently, Hiraoka seems to have made up with Diesel-San.

Even Chazawa the funny (former) editor for Nogame is there.

It seems he isn't allowed to eat or drink around there but that is what it should be.
htsujiMar 27, 2015 5:16 PM
Mar 27, 2015 7:03 AM

Jul 2013
Perfect ending to a perfect series!!! It was hectic and full of emotion from start to finish. I was actually cheering for Miyamori (as I have so many times during the course of this anime) as she ran towards the TV station. I was also imagining just how hectic the delivery for K-ON was considering at one point it was aired on more than 20 stations at once. This one was only around 6-7 stations and it was already so close to not making the deadline.

Honestly I didn't expect this anime to turn into such a great one. I was able to identify with most of the characters since I also happened to be working in the animation industry so maybe I'm a bit biased. Still, there are just too many memorable episodes that was written so masterfully (like episode 19 or episode 23 for example) that it's impossible to just credit this anime as something that's simply depicting how the anime industry works. Somewhere along the way I became attached to the characters as much as I was to the story and found myself rooting for the Don Don Donuts quintet to reach their dream and this is something that hasn't happened in a long time.

I was hoping for a 2nd season but I know with that the way they end this series, there will most likely be none. Not that I can really complain as they closed it as good and as beautifully as they can. Farewell Miyamori and friends, I'm really gonna miss waiting anxiously for each episode every week (that's how much I like this anime).

10/10 and I'm adding this to my favorite.
Mar 27, 2015 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
Started out pretty okay but ended up being one of my favorite shows. Hope there'll be a second season someday.
Mar 27, 2015 7:16 AM

Jul 2010
I literally can't stop grinning.

It was really great to see how much effort and the emotions that comes with making an anime.

Never thought handing in the tape with be that fun! Okitsu racing the police like that, those awesome drift and riding skills xD

At the end, there was this sense of satisfaction/accomplishment that was really strong for the duration of making watching the anime, especially the latter episodes that made this really wonderful.

Seeing Aoi and the others one step closer to their dreams and how it isn't so far away anymore was quite the way to end it. Meeting all kinds of people, some that runs away. some that puts in the worst effort ever, the wide range of cast of simply spectacular in many ways.

Learning a bit about how anime is created is quite the wonderful treat. A 9/10 would be somewhat low for the amount of enjoyment I had. I was in the zone with the Director lol.

Two Piece? Makes it sounds more like a swimsuit kind of anime now! Going to miss Aoi and her group along with the people at the studio and many more ;_;. Great anime and I hope to one day see their dreams come true!
Mar 27, 2015 7:17 AM

Mar 2012
It's only halve a year but I feel like it's a long journey that I'm part of it. This is one of the best halve year ever on my anime watching experience. Thank you P.A Works for making beautiful anime like this and NagiAsu. I'll look forward to more good surprise in the future.

Bumping from 9 to 10.

PS: Sanjo OVA please!!!!!
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 27, 2015 7:31 AM

Apr 2010
This was a nice anime which i am gonna miss.
I hope we will see more of it but for now i really enjoyed it.
It was nice seeing how the anime business works and seeing the lives of the people who work in anime.
They made it seem like a fun industry to work in even tho it's pretty hectic at times.
Mar 27, 2015 7:58 AM

Oct 2012
NeoAnkara said:
PS: Sanjo OVA please!!!!!

Sorry, but you're going to have to wait until June 24th when Volume 7 goes on
sale. It is the one which includes Episodes 19, 20 and 21. In addition to that, it
includes an OVA which I seem to recall is 24 minutes long. The OVA is described
as being Episode 1 of "Third Girls' Aerial Squad". So it seems like they are leaving
open the possibility that this will be the first episode of a full series. But they have
not made any promises.

By the way, Volume 7 isn't cheap. It costs 11,800 Yen, with taxes extra. In fact,
it is a two-disc set (whether BD or DVD) as a resulting of including the OVA.
Mar 27, 2015 8:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Shirobako was an unexpected delight. Showed that you don't have to be big on drama or over the top plot twists to deliver solid entertainment. I'm hoping for some Andes Chuky content in the future!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 27, 2015 9:25 AM

Dec 2011
An epic if slightly OTT end to a thoroughly entertaining and interesting series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 27, 2015 9:25 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Miyamori got jabbed by the bear xD
The little eye patch lolita is all shocked about the sudden bear attack lol

Very good episode. Okitsu pulling an Initial D and Gran Turismo lol. I'm surprised the cop cars even kept up with her once she got to the snowy part. It would've been nice if Miyamori was the one driving the car but Okitsu is fine too. She's got mad skills.

The party was quite nice. A bit surprised Segawa was alone, but I guess she just wanted to drink and get drunk lol. Overall it was a very nice show. Hopefully if there is a season 2 we get to see more Zuka.

Mar 27, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
I really liked this show. Sad it's over.
Mar 27, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2010
Really glad it's already reached 8.10 on MAL :3 It seems like it's going further up :D
Deserves it and it's the most sold in japan from this season so a sequel may not be impossible even though I wouldn't mind either way since this was a great series ^^

I really loved this series so much >.< What a satisfying ending :3

Oi-chan is <3

And Henna Hanashi was the cameraman LOL
Barion-ZaraMar 27, 2015 1:44 PM
Mar 27, 2015 9:55 AM

Sep 2010
Nice anime I wouldn't mind if we got another season. The only thing I didn't really like were the talking dolls kinda unrealistic imo.

Much better than P.A Works Summer anime Glasslip the character here actually develop and are fun to watch.

7/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 27, 2015 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
Best anime of the season imo, i'm going to miss this :(

Would love to see a second season but I don't think it would do well :o
Mar 27, 2015 10:14 AM
May 2012
SO Red haired girl got a role last episode and after she disappeared...gg...xD
She got like ..what, 15 minutes total screen time in 24 episodes? xD
Mar 27, 2015 10:41 AM

Mar 2012
This is now P.A. Works`s Best Anime ever made.

10/10 and part of my Top 50 favorite anime list.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 27, 2015 10:52 AM

Jun 2014
i actually teared up a lot of times in this episode, that shows you how good this anime can be, it's gonna be forever in my heart ; . ;

oh and it's also one of my favs now as well

SEASON 2 pls
:3
Mar 27, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2012
Such a refreshing and feel good series, nearly all the characters were engaging and inspiring. Gonna miss this one.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

250 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.