Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2013 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Anna reveals herself with the mission as a spy. This is getting ugly. Seeing her next to Roberto kinda pissed me off as well.

Anna struggling to shoot the girls definitely shows that she cares about the Ferrari girls though. Dat tears. Hozuki sure met an interesting person also.
Dec 5, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
When you think that the story cannot get messier, it does. What is this time travel thing?!?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 5, 2013 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
Some crazy stuff happening here XD

I didn't expect Time travel happening here while time stopped in the present world.

Lol'd at Anna's reveal of being a spy. Felt too forced XD

Glad that Cicihno came to the rescue :D

Hozuki is such a strong little girl. Didn't expect she gave Roberto a fake O_o?
Liked the parts with Galleileo :D He seems like a nice guy. I'm guessing Hozuki is the one who made him make the gold fish his sign XD
Dec 5, 2013 12:10 PM
Aug 2011
Galileo was nothing without a loli by his side!
Dec 5, 2013 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
symbv said:
When you think that the story cannot get messier, it does. What is this time travel thing?!?

Messier than a 2 year old eating spaghetti bolognese for his dinner.
greeboDec 5, 2013 12:18 PM
Dec 5, 2013 1:50 PM

Mar 2009
Galilei Donna just took a leaf out of Samurai Flamenco's book! What is going on with the Noitamina shows this season?! lol
Dec 5, 2013 2:11 PM

May 2013
So Hozuki has gone back to the past. Anna reveals that she is a spy, but in the end tries to help them escape.

Barion-Zara said:
Hozuki is such a strong little girl. Didn't expect she gave Roberto a fake O_o?Liked the parts with Galleileo :D He seems like a nice guy. I'm guessing Hozuki is the one who made him make the gold fish his sign XD

Hozuki loves them goldfish lol.
Dec 5, 2013 2:21 PM

Dec 2008
It was nice for Hozuki to get a chance to build the Galileo with her ancestor, but I seriously doubt he was that HOT when he was young in real life.
I hope Anna's dead.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 5, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2013
So.. she just went from about to get hit by missiles, to meeting her ancestor in the past and working with him lol

Alright episode. The action in the beginning was okay, but I'm not really sure how I feel about the time traveling.

At least Anna finally revealed that she was a spy.
Dec 5, 2013 3:28 PM

Dec 2011
Time travel eh? I knew it, that guy is Galileo Galilei!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2013 3:43 PM

Feb 2008
Sp what will happening now?
They was about to get hit by the missiles.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 5, 2013 3:56 PM

Feb 2012
Lol Galileo.

Dam Roberto and Anna.
Dec 5, 2013 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
What.

Just what. I don't really have a clue what's going on anymore. I don't think time travel was ever alluded to even with the goldfish hourglass. I could be wrong, though, and I just forgot about something some episodes back. The show's just been bouncing here and there for a while it's hard to pin-point where exactly it went off-course.

Oh well. Two more episodes to go, score may or may not change from this point. It's been pretty to look at, and the characters are all right, but story-wise... ehh...
Dec 5, 2013 4:29 PM
Oct 2012
Lil-Bird said:
What.

Just what. I don't really have a clue what's going on anymore. I don't think time travel was ever alluded to even with the goldfish hourglass. I could be wrong, though, and I just forgot about something some episodes back. The show's just been bouncing here and there for a while it's hard to pin-point where exactly it went off-course.

Oh well. Two more episodes to go, score may or may not change from this point. It's been pretty to look at, and the characters are all right, but story-wise... ehh...

Time travel? Not overtly, but we have known from the first episode that there is something very very strange about their world (geocentrism), so while I did not expect time travel it isn't surprising that something like it could happen. I started a thread several weeks ago that said that I think the final payoff of this show will be worth it and that it will tie everything together in a very satisfying way. My theory of what this ending will be seems to be wrong (though with a couple of very minor modifications it could still easily work and explain time travel), I still think this will be the case, there have been so many clues scattered about to support this determination.

That said, even if this proves to be true, the writers have really, really, really overly relied on the audience to maintain their suspension of disbelief and continue to watch this show.

Nice to see my belief that Houzaki was on to things far more than she let on was proven true, this gives me confidence that my hope will ultimately be redeemed.
Dec 5, 2013 5:04 PM

Jul 2010
INCEST IS SAVED
Dec 5, 2013 5:07 PM
Jul 2013
That mysterious power hourglass. Besides, we could see Galileo in the anime (?).
Dec 5, 2013 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
Dec 5, 2013 6:00 PM
Jul 2012
Well... that was an interesting turn of events I guess? Didn't expect them to throw time travel into the mix but hopefully they explain their strange world through this. Only two episodes left, its going to be interesting to see how they wrap it up.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Dec 5, 2013 6:49 PM
Dec 2013
I was surprise on how Hozuki had a gut feeling about Anna and how she tricked everyone into giving a fake Galileo Tesoro. Hozuki is one amazing girl and a badass. I get the feeling that Galileo Galilei is falling in love with Hozuki.
Dec 5, 2013 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
Wow such a sudden change of pace that it almost pissed me off... This better lead to a good explanation.

I hope they don't do something cliche like... The tesoro's power relies on love. Galileo Galilei discovered such a force in the past through Hozuki (hence why there's pictures of goldfish on the sketches).

Lol then they would have to explain what happens to the future Hozuki after hundreds of years from Galilei's time. Would history repeat itself and Hozuki go back to another Galilei? My head hurts just thinking about it. They already had more than enough to explain, might as well throw in time travel, right?. I agree with everyone else in this discussion that the "time travel" was really unexpected, and very much unnecessary
Dec 5, 2013 6:56 PM

Oct 2012
What's next they're going to show in the end of the day Okabe was dreaming? So many twists.

I heard somewhere it's a 2 cour. Does that mean we will be left hanging? D:
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Dec 5, 2013 7:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
How did I know that she traveled back in time when I saw the surrounding she ended up in? And of course she would meet her grandpa. Is that Kaji Yuuki I hear? I totally didn't recognize his voice at first, until after he yelled out lol. Well cute interaction between the two, I wonder if Galileo has deduced that she came from the future yet.
Dec 5, 2013 7:33 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome ost when Roberto was making Anna aim the gun.

Time travel eh? Well she better not screw anything up because she's going to go poof if Galileo doesn't do what he's supposed to.

Interesting plot twist, but that was a great episode :D
Dec 5, 2013 7:59 PM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
Wow such a sudden change of pace that it almost pissed me off... This better lead to a good explanation.

I hope they don't do something cliche like... The tesoro's power relies on love. Galileo Galilei discovered such a force in the past through Hozuki (hence why there's pictures of goldfish on the sketches).

Lol then they would have to explain what happens to the future Hozuki after hundreds of years from Galilei's time. Would history repeat itself and Hozuki go back to another Galilei? My head hurts just thinking about it. They already had more than enough to explain, might as well throw in time travel, right?. I agree with everyone else in this discussion that the "time travel" was really unexpected, and very much unnecessary

The tesoro seems to respond to energy, again this time and the two times (at the hospital and when Houzaki's friend was killed) it activated before it absorbed energy from the explosions occurring nearby.
Not that this show makes it easy for people to notice this.

In thinking about this episode I can guarantee you that the ending won't be cliched, but this show is too damn subtle and so far they haven't cared to connect the dots for people. Another instance, Houzaki knew that Anna was a spy, she has known it from the 3rd episode when her security camera caught Anna snooping. I think she kept her around because 1) Houzaki was hoping that Anna could provide a bit more information to Houzaki, 2) she was hoping that Anna wouldn't ultimately betray them, and 3) while she thought that Anna was a spy, she didn't think that Anna was spying for Roberto. That Houzaki knew was confirmed this episode when her sister's didn't know how Roberto found them, Houzaki stared down Anna knowing full well. That this wasn't an on the spot deduction was shown before when Anna said she didn't know anything else, Houzaki gave her a harsh stare and was just about to ask her a question before they were interrupted.

The implications of Houzaki meeting Galileo are huge. The writer has just created the ultimate time paradox. Given the technology of Galileo's world, there is no way he could have invented the stuff he did. So Houzaki going back in time is what ultimately causes Galileo to create the stuff that allowed Houzaki to go back in time to inspire Galileo to create the stuff. It's an endless loop. Gallileo will give Houzaki the key (most likely the seventh sketch) to activate the secret behind the telescope, which I believe is going to show something very interesting about their world. I have speculated on this elsewhere, but have you noticed that they have never shown a real night time sky, even when they used the telescope five episodes ago. This explains why people believe the world is geocentric.

Knowing the Japanese SF market, I cannot believe that the writer is bad enough to ignore the fact that such a paradox has been created, and resolving this paradox will keep this show from being a cliched answer and will allow a resolution to most of the questions. I just hope that they are a more clear about explanations than they have been. As I said above it is really relying on the viewer too much.
Dec 5, 2013 8:22 PM

Jun 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

The tesoro seems to respond to energy, again this time and the two times (at the hospital and when Houzaki's friend was killed) it activated before it absorbed energy from the explosions occurring nearby.
Not that this show makes it easy for people to notice this.

In thinking about this episode I can guarantee you that the ending won't be cliched, but this show is too damn subtle and so far they haven't cared to connect the dots for people. Another instance, Houzaki knew that Anna was a spy, she has known it from the 3rd episode when her security camera caught Anna snooping. I think she kept her around because 1) Houzaki was hoping that Anna could provide a bit more information to Houzaki, 2) she was hoping that Anna wouldn't ultimately betray them, and 3) while she thought that Anna was a spy, she didn't think that Anna was spying for Roberto. That Houzaki knew was confirmed this episode when her sister's didn't know how Roberto found them, Houzaki stared down Anna knowing full well. That this wasn't an on the spot deduction was shown before when Anna said she didn't know anything else, Houzaki gave her a harsh stare and was just about to ask her a question before they were interrupted.

The implications of Houzaki meeting Galileo are huge. The writer has just created the ultimate time paradox. Given the technology of Galileo's world, there is no way he could have invented the stuff he did. So Houzaki going back in time is what ultimately causes Galileo to create the stuff that allowed Houzaki to go back in time to inspire Galileo to create the stuff. It's an endless loop. Gallileo will give Houzaki the key (most likely the seventh sketch) to activate the secret behind the telescope, which I believe is going to show something very interesting about their world. I have speculated on this elsewhere, but have you noticed that they have never shown a real night time sky, even when they used the telescope five episodes ago. This explains why people believe the world is geocentric.

Knowing the Japanese SF market, I cannot believe that the writer is bad enough to ignore the fact that such a paradox has been created, and resolving this paradox will keep this show from being a cliched answer and will allow a resolution to most of the questions. I just hope that they are a more clear about explanations than they have been. As I said above it is really relying on the viewer too much.

Thank you for the thought-out explanations/speculations. This is actually my first time commenting on this series because I was enjoying it up until this episode, and I just had to ask the forum why exactly the writers are going in this direction.

So I understand that the tesoro responds to energy, but does the anime explain why the tesoro acted differently this time and stopped time, instead of absorbing the missiles? I just don't get why random objects like the shoe, the phone, and the syringe ended up in the other world, when Hozuki could have very well ended up in the other world from the start. And all three times, I'm sure Hozuki had the tesoro around her neck too, it's not like the tesoro was anywhere near the shoe, phone, or the syringe. Any thoughts?

And I guess I missed the subtle hints that Hozuki knew all along, but I didn't care much about it because I knew Anna would have a change of heart and try to help the girls.

I understand that Hozuki helped create the technology that Galilei couldn't invent by himself, so are the writers okay with this endless loop? And interesting observation about them never showing a real night time sky (especially since it's mostly cloudy). But where exactly did they say the current world still believed in geocentrism? or are you referring to Galileo's world in the past?
Dec 5, 2013 8:49 PM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
Thank you for the thought-out explanations/speculations. This is actually my first time commenting on this series because I was enjoying it up until this episode, and I just had to ask the forum why exactly the writers are going in this direction.

So I understand that the tesoro responds to energy, but does the anime explain why the tesoro acted differently this time and stopped time, instead of absorbing the missiles? I just don't get why random objects like the shoe, the phone, and the syringe ended up in the other world, when Hozuki could have very well ended up in the other world from the start. And all three times, I'm sure Hozuki had the tesoro around her neck too, it's not like the tesoro was anywhere near the shoe, phone, or the syringe. Any thoughts?

Yep, they came from the hospital, go back and watch the scene, if you watch it slow enough you will see the syringe fly into the portal she created and which then pulsed up into the sky. At the time I thought it was sending a communication somewhere in keeping with my theory, but now we know it was sending a message back in time. That is what I mean by this show being too subtle and relying on people too much, when I saw the syringe I knew it had to have come from the hospital. and then they had the flashback, so I went and checked that they showed it in episode 6 and yep, there it was.

As for why the time slip. The device is building up power. That is why the hourglass has been filling up every time there is an event. Last time it opened a time portal which sent small objects back in time, this episode it sent Houzaki back in time (I also think that Houzaki is becoming attuned to it). By logical progression next time it should allow Houzaki to turn time back. When that happens people who don't read this post will scream "plot armor", but nope, been building up since the beginning.

pakoko said:
(especially since it's mostly cloudy). But where exactly did they say the current world still believed in geocentrism? or are you referring to Galileo's world in the past?

First two episodes. When the father comes in at the police station, then again in the second episode. They haven't mentioned it since (nor used it in any way). I have been watching all these things, waiting for the events to unfold, and as much as I like subtlety, I really can't blame anyone for thinking this show is a mess, despite the fact that there really is a lot of foreshadowing going on that explains things. This is why I created a thread "For Those Who Either Have or are Thinking of Dropping - Don't Do It" 4 weeks ago (I also state a theory that explains why I think them not showing the skies was important - the theory may not be true, but nothing yet has disproved it). There are all these cool things happening which I know they will explain, but damn if they are going to make it easy until the end.

That they closed the loop with the syringe shows that the writer is very well aware of time travel and has the ability to pay attention to details, so I do not doubt that they will resolve the time paradox, just not sure how they are going to do it (I have 4 or 5 ideas).
Takuan_SohoDec 5, 2013 9:17 PM
Dec 5, 2013 9:46 PM
Oct 2012
Oh crap, I think I figured it out. There is no time paradox, or at least it is different than I thought.

Since this speculates on the ending I will spoil it.

Dec 5, 2013 9:56 PM
Mar 2010
Interesting theories you have there Takuan_Soho. You've looked deeply into this show haven't you?

Anyway, man, I was not expecting that at ALL. Time travel now. The thing is, even with some inconsistencies this show has, I still enjoy it every week. And oh boy, if Galileo Galilei falls in love with Hozuki and vice versa...argh that's just so wrong and so right at the same time! >///<

Not to mention, Galileo Galilei is such an ikemen! *o*
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 5, 2013 10:19 PM
Aug 2009
so...galieo has descendants so he had to have had kids...who was his wife? is its hozuki?...i mean if we go that the messages he left in the sketches were about hozuki( assuming they are) then i think either hozuki ends up back in time or else he ended up marrying some other woman which would be a letdown.

also galieo is a lolicon lol
Dec 5, 2013 11:02 PM

Aug 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Oh crap, I think I figured it out. There is no time paradox, or at least it is different than I thought.

Since this speculates on the ending I will spoil it.

All this time travel and time paradox stuff hurt my brain but if this turns out to be real, MIND BLOWN.

Anyway about the messages on the sketches, on one hand I'm like *squee* was it about Hocchibi?:D! On the other hand I'm like "uh...Galileo's a lolicon." Haha XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 5, 2013 11:30 PM

Aug 2013
Aaand suddenly time travel. Now my head hurts.
wow gay
Dec 5, 2013 11:48 PM

Jan 2012
I don't know whether to be amused or appalled with what I saw in this last episode. Completely mindblown.
Dec 6, 2013 12:01 AM

Jun 2013
Akanezora said:
INCEST IS SAVED

HUEHUE. I WAS THINKING OF THAT TOO. X'DDD
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 6, 2013 5:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Time travel now? I'm expecting a huge twist soon due to this.

Roberto must die. I really wish Mari from Samurai Flamenco would do a crossover and give him her "crushed balls" treatment for hours on end.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 6, 2013 5:32 AM

Feb 2012
Marzan said:
Time travel now? I'm expecting a huge twist soon due to this.

Roberto must die. I really wish Mari from Samurai Flamenco would do a crossover and give him her "crushed balls" treatment for hours on end.

HOLYY. What an avatar. HAHAHHAHHAHA. I suppose it's from the classic old masterpiece called bible black?
Dec 6, 2013 8:53 AM

Feb 2011
symbv said:

Why are judging the anime when you clearly made it to episode 9 -.-
Dec 6, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2012
Kaiburr said:
symbv said:
Why are judging the anime when you clearly made it to episode 9 -.-
Nobody said you could not watch a messy story if there is something you could still enjoy, no? The story is a mess but it is not absolutely abhorrent that I cannot stand it (though there are a few moments I think I almost gave up) and there are things I do enjoy - the character design, the mecha design, some of the sakuga and art details, the music. Does this answer your question?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 6, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
So that thing can stop time/time travel as well huh?

Hozuki went in the past and met her ancestor before she even existed. So how could she exist before she was even born?!

Looks like Hozuki has successfully created a Time Paradox.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2013 10:54 AM

Oct 2013
Is Galileo voice acted by Erens and Harus voice actor? :O
Dec 6, 2013 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
FrozenRemains said:
Is Galileo voice acted by Erens and Harus voice actor? :O
Yes, Kaji Yuuki.

Dec 6, 2013 1:01 PM

Aug 2013
A lot of crazy Stuff happened , wo he is Galileo o.o
2 episodes to go.

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 6, 2013 1:09 PM

May 2013
this episode feels so random
Dec 6, 2013 1:24 PM

Jun 2012
What the hell is going on
Dec 6, 2013 2:25 PM
Oct 2012
phoenixalia said:
Interesting theories you have there Takuan_Soho. You've looked deeply into this show haven't you

Deeply? Not really, this is just the way I am, I love speculating on things and I love trying to ferret out "hints" as to where a show is going. When something doesn't or seem not to make sense, I come up with theories to explain the nonsense away (at least up until the point where I become convinced that the writers are just bad and the nonsense really is just nonsense). This show has pushed the limits at times and I almost gave up, but I really do think this is going to end well. The syringe was the first time that there has been a direct reference to an earlier episode and it was the second flashback of the series(the other occurred this episode as well, people should pay attention to that), so for me this suggests that the team is starting to tie things together. About time, 2 episodes remaining? They got a lot of ground to cover, makes me wonder how tight those seems are going to be.
Dec 6, 2013 11:46 PM

Apr 2011
so the hourglass was just a gateway to the past lol
Dec 7, 2013 2:43 AM

Oct 2009
Ok why was I feeling like Hozuki will end up living in the past and turn out to marry Galilei and that she left all the sketches and the Tesoro or something o.o, uuhh incest? Or is it?
As interesting as that would be I hope not O_O
AozureDec 7, 2013 2:48 AM
Dec 7, 2013 5:11 AM

Jul 2012
Hozuki traveled into the past and met Galileo, awesome.

Great episode!!!
Dec 7, 2013 8:08 AM

Jun 2011
So those words of love in the sketches were probably for Hozuki? Wondering if they'll end up together but is it incest if the guy is her ancestor? lol
Dec 7, 2013 8:52 AM

May 2011
I was wondering if Hozuki would end up romantically involved with her ancestor as well. It would have been nice if the circumstances were different. And you know, if he wasn't related in some way. xD;
Dec 7, 2013 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
She's going to be there for 23 days, so one presumes she's going to return to the same time she left, yes? Yet another paradox problem.

Hozuki is the inspiration for the things which inspired her to invent the things which lead to her going back in time to inspire their creation.

Perfectly simple!

The goldfish is a LIE!

Perhaps there will be a mighty, all-encompassing reality-shift and (eventually) Hizuki & company will end up in our world? Which will be their world just with a different history than the one it currently has. Had??

This is why "time travel" is such a messy subject.

Oh, one more thing: How will Galileo avoid time traveling into the future along with Hozuki? He'll jump out of their aircraft! He did invent a working parachute after all ;-)

If he travels into the future? I'll be physically ill...

Edit: My bad! Leonardo da Vinci invented a parachute, (and a glider,) which were both before Galileo was born, so he can still use them.
5CatsDec 7, 2013 11:17 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

91 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

114 by Liddo-kun »»
Mar 18, 2019 4:16 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

58 by tofei »»
Oct 25, 2017 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.