Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2013 11:24 PM

Apr 2012
funicode said:
The shortfall of the movie is that it contains many plot holes that makes the logic/science side of the story weaker.

Plot holes aside, I think "logic" and "science" are poor words to use when talking about a science-fiction anime... In the first place, time travel is impossible.
Dec 16, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
9.5/10
Really enjoyed it. Was better than I could hope for.
Dec 17, 2013 12:06 AM

Jan 2008
Luxanna said:
But the series is trying to be realistic, and does a pretty damn good job, for the most part. So at least come up with an explanation for this that's realistic.

This!

I don't want to ruin the fun, but this movie uses the "IT'S MAAAAGIIIC~!" card way too often. I mean come on, Okabe disappears (lolol) because of the the side effects of his previous time travellings? What is the point of this, anyway? Okay, a plot device to have a story, but could you swallow that part so easily? Because I can't.

The science part of the series was done right. It had its own questionable contents, but it gave believable(!) explanations; we got scenes where the characters were trying to understand the mechanism of the phonemicro and the time-leap machine for more details. And what did we get in this movie? Lackluster explanations, countless asspulls and deus-ex-machinas.

As for SwitfKilla: Sorry, but your post is smelling like a fantheory, rather than an actual, yet authentic explanation.
JunchiDec 17, 2013 12:10 AM
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Dec 17, 2013 12:12 AM
Mar 2013
Junchi said:
Luxanna said:
But the series is trying to be realistic, and does a pretty damn good job, for the most part. So at least come up with an explanation for this that's realistic.

This!

I don't want to ruin the fun, but this movie uses the "IT'S MAAAAGIIIC~!" card way too often. I mean come on, Okabe disappears (lolol) because of the the side effects of his previous time travellings? What is the point of this, anyway? Okay, a plot device to have a story, but could you swallow that part so easily? Because I can't.

The science part of the series was done right. It had its own questionable contents, but it gave believable(!) explanations; we got scenes where the characters were trying to understand the mechanism of the phonemicro and the time-leap machine for more details. And what did we get in this movie? Lackluster explanations, countless asspulls and deus-ex-machinas.

As for SwitfKilla: Sorry, but your post is smelling like a fantheory, rather than an actual, yet authentic explanation.

Yes it's a fantheory, backing up the logic the series puts in for us. I'll put in a detailed response. Give me a bit of time.

Dec 17, 2013 12:17 AM

Sep 2012
"No more tsundere."
Mayuri the boss
Dec 17, 2013 12:38 AM
Mar 2013
As we all know, the movie is set in the Divergence Number 1.048596. For this response, I'd like to refrain from using the term "Steins;Gate" world line. I'll address the world line the movie takes in place as it's respective Divergence Number.

The two different scenes displays a younger and the Kurisu we know. The Kurisu we know is trying to implant a powerful memory into younger Okabe's mind in order for him to recognize the world line 1.048596. The scene where we have a younger Kurisu is the world line where Okabe never had instability with his Reading Steiner after his journey through the Beta and Alpha world lines. This is also the world line where a time machine has never been built. Now. World line 1.048596 is still part of the world lines between 1-1.999999%. There are two predetermined events in the Beta world lines. The scene with the 18 year old Makise Kurisu is her change to the course of events, her and Okabe's reading Steiner recognizes the changes and thus they shift to a different world line outside the Beta Attractor Field.

1. Okabe Rintarou seeing Makise Kurisu lying in a pool of blood.
2. In 2036 a time machine has been built.

World line 1.048596 is not an exception to this, thus it is bound by the attractor field of the beta World Lines.

The different scene displaying a younger Kurisu is the memory the Okabe Rintarou from a world line 4% and beyond remembers. It has to be 4% or beyond due to the fact that the Visual Novel has displayed World lines from 0-3.999999%. An 18 year old Makise Kurisu in the year 2005 is an abnormality. She is not 18 years old in the year 2005. The world line 4% and beyond is a world line where a time machine has not been built in the year 2036. If Kurisu came back to the exact same world line, it wouldn't make sense. So Okabe and Kurisu had to shift to another world line where it makes sense. 18 year old Kurisu is an abnormality, so the world line has to reestablish the events in order to make sense, because a time machine has never been built in these strings of world lines. Thus they made it so that a younger Makise Kurisu replaces the 18 year old Makise Kurisu or it wouldn't make sense.

http://steins-gate.wikia.com/wiki/Attractor_Field

This is why it has to be a divergence number 4% beyond. A series of world lines where Makise Kurisu and Shiina Mayuri don't die in the year 2010 and Okabe Rintarou never experiences instability that causes his disappearance from the world line.
SwiftKillaDec 17, 2013 12:43 AM
Dec 17, 2013 3:37 AM
Feb 2012
This movie too managed to make me tear up quite often, but ultimately it can't compare to the main series (which deserved a 10/10 score). If I were to really think about its purpose, I'd quickly come to realize that there barely was one other than earning more money. But let's not go there...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 17, 2013 4:30 AM

Oct 2013
So after confessing to Kurisu in the special, he doesn't contact her for a year.
Typical hahah, I give this a 7.5/10, didn't feel as good as the series. Still a good movie with a good plot, wish the ending was more of a spectacle though.
Dec 17, 2013 6:46 AM

Sep 2011
The movie, it was quite a ride, a very strong beginning. It got me riled up and excited. After Okabe's disappearance the story pushed the slow gear and dropped some pacing which was completed by a stylish ending. There was a certain clicheness for the sake of drama which could have been avoided.

Overall, it was good entertainment, 9/10, the emotions were done to perfection but the scientific department was lacking, maybe if the movie shifted content or added a bonus 30 minutes to dive in the mechanics, it would have given the masterpiece feel.
DKNer0Dec 18, 2013 6:06 AM
Dec 17, 2013 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
It was great but to damn short they could have made at least 2h30min , but it i got what i wanted out of this movies the development of the relationship and making the happy ending a bit more shaky and i loved they told us how Okabe came to be a mad scientist and on the end when he said give me my first kiss back he meant when she kissed him when he was young:)9.5/10 for me since it was way to short.
Dec 17, 2013 12:52 PM

Dec 2012
I thought Kurisu towards the beginning was cute as hell. Though the actual story felt underwhelming at times. And when it felt like we were finally getting into the actual story I noticed the movie was already approaching the end. I think it should've been longer. It just felt like things were missing from it, maybe it's just me. I liked that they put in a few snippets of material from the VN (that wasn't featured in the anime) here and there.
Dec 17, 2013 1:07 PM
Apr 2012
I JUST WANT THEM TO END UP TOGETHER AND HAVE LOTS OF BABIES !!!!!! sorry i had to vent....i've had that on my chest for the last 2 years....the story was great but it should have lasted at least another 30-45 mins i want to see them happy together as boyfriend and girlfriend!!!

i know i'm asking too much but they have one of the most beautiful romantic stories...okabe fought until basically disappearing so that makise and mayuri could live...and now makise returns the favour so that he can live...they are meant to be together and i just wanted to see it happen a little more i guess
Dec 17, 2013 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
Wasn't as good as I was hoping, and I think the series was slightly better but it was good nonetheless.

7/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2013 9:50 PM

Jun 2009
Care to return it to me? My first kiss

MY MIND WAS BLOWN!

Back in episode 21 or 22 of the series, Okabe confessed that Makise wasn't his first kiss... I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT IT'S KIRYUU MOEKA!!!

ITS CHRISTINA ALL ALONG!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2013 12:45 AM

Jul 2013
What an unnecessary and mostly uninteresting movie. I liked the first 30 minutes or so with the characters interacting again, but it was still not necessary. I think this movie did accomplish one thing and that's proving Okabe is the only character interesting enough to carry this cast of characters.
Dec 18, 2013 2:40 AM

Aug 2010
DAGA OTOKO DA! Hah, I just loved hearing Kurisutina utter that line.

Well, this was absolutely amazing, sure there were a few plotholes every now and again, but the humor was excellent, the story nicely built-up and the characters shone brightly as ever. 5/5, 9/10 loved every second of it.
Dec 18, 2013 5:13 AM
Aug 2012
Something about this movie felt... off... Maybe it was just my insanely high expectations for the sequel to quite possible my favourite anime ever.

It was really good, a solid 8 or 9 out of 10. But it just didn't give me the same feeling I got when I watched the series for the first time.

Hmmmm... Maybe I'm just blinded by nostalgia.
Dec 18, 2013 10:26 AM

Jan 2012
I'll have to say, it wasn't as amazing as I was hoping it to be. The romance part was great, I really looked forward to that. But the way it was solved I felt left me hanging. I wanted the movie to be longer. But I still really enjoyed it just because of all my beloved characters.

8/10
Dec 18, 2013 11:17 AM

Nov 2010
Mad scientist delivers.
amazing movie. couldn't ask for a better one and loved every seconds of it. 9/10
Dec 18, 2013 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
Thoughts and reactions during the movie in the spoiler.
What a beautiful movie, this is something I can consider the best made movie ever for an anime series. It continued so nicely from where the anime left off. And it developed amazingly.

Guys, you who made this, I congratulate you for the awesomeness you brought us.

10/10 on my list.
ao_no_exoDec 18, 2013 3:03 PM
Dec 18, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2009
As much as I would've liked the movie to last even longer, I think they did an amazing job with what time they had. The ending lines were beautifully done with the music.

10/10 on my list.
Dec 18, 2013 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
the best anime movie I've ever seen
the story is good and all parameters back to Steins; Gate
gave an air of nostalgia when watching
not long ago that reassisti the anime, but already want to see again kkk

10/10 for sure

o melhor filme de anime que eu já vi
a historia é ótima e trás todos os parametros de Steins;Gate
deu um ar de nostalgia quando o assisti
não faz muito tempo que reassisti o anime, mas ja quero ver de novo kkk

Kurisu sendo a heroina desta vez, sempre gostei dela
sabia que ela tambem tinha potencial para viajar no tempo e mudar o futuro

10/10 com certeza
Dec 19, 2013 5:59 AM

Aug 2012
Wow.. just wow. This is fucking awesome. I am not good with words, but definitely this movie can't be describe by mere words. The plot is awesome, no fucking plot holes, and above all: a better closure than the original series.

11/10
Dec 19, 2013 12:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kurisetinaaaaa really steals this film. She's funny at times and mindnumbingly cute at others. The bit were she's drunk was off the charts. She and Okabe make one of the best couples in anime.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 19, 2013 4:21 PM

Oct 2011
To be honest, the movie could have been better. Maybe it's because my expectation was too high. I love the series, but the story feel kind of underwhelming. Maybe it's because the movie hasn't shown enough of Kurisu's internal conflict, and how she saves Okabe.

In short, The overall execution of the movie was great! The romance was great! Theory, science stuff were great! It's just that... it needs something more.

Still, I really enjoyed it. There were awesome moments like Kurisu mad scientist, first kiss, etc.

8.5/10
Signature
Dec 19, 2013 4:47 PM
Sep 2013
not an masterpiece but its a very good movie. I enjoyed it! 9/10
Dec 19, 2013 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
Nearly the whole thing was fan service. Everything the movie explored had already been done by the series but in a more efficient manner. Remember that scene when you could practically hear the show sitting next to you going, "Hey, hey, did you notice this happened in the series?" Remember those other dozen scenes where it happened again?

At least we all got to see down Red's shirt and get a nice shower scene, because that's definitely the reason Steins;Gate was such a good watch in the first place.
Be curious, not judgemental.
Dec 20, 2013 12:58 AM

Sep 2013
KiriSeller said:
Nearly the whole thing was fan service. Everything the movie explored had already been done by the series but in a more efficient manner. Remember that scene when you could practically hear the show sitting next to you going, "Hey, hey, did you notice this happened in the series?" Remember those other dozen scenes where it happened again?

At least we all got to see down Red's shirt and get a nice shower scene, because that's definitely the reason Steins;Gate was such a good watch in the first place.

I didn't feel like they recycled stuff.

dreadknightnero said:
The movie, it was quite a ride, a very strong beginning. It got me riled up and excited. After Okabe's disappearance the story pushed the slow gear and dropped some pacing which was completed by a stylish ending. There was a certain clicheness for the sake of drama which could have been avoided.

Overall, it was good entertainment, 9/10, the emotions were done to perfection but the scientific department was lacking, maybe if the movie shifted content or added a bonus 30 minutes to dive in the mechanics, it would have given the masterpiece feel.

Also, this sums my opinions about this movie.
Dec 20, 2013 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
While I really liked the movie, I didn't like its inconsistencies and breakings of the already established rules of the VN (and the anime) that appeared and which couldn't really be explained by anyone so far (even after reading through numerous comments). Some seemed like good explanations that could actually work but were flawed at other things instead.
This is why you don't tamper with a perfect story with practically no plotholes. Even if they didn't use magic and stayed true to the rules in some way or another, then they really should have taken the time to explain it to the audience :/

I'm going to assume this as non-canon and that could have allowed some rule changes.

But like I said, the movie itself was amazing. The comedy (drunk Kurisu was glorious), the drama, the romance and the feels were all there. It was really good to see them all again. The Kurisu fanservice was not really necessary, but it was acceptable and I liked it anyway :3

As a non-canon addition to the story it was great. I mean the movie itself was spectacular, it's just that I didn't like how they went against some of the rules. Some changes here and there to make it more consistent with the original story and/or some more explanations and this would have been a masterpiece just like the anime (and the VN of course).
As it is I'm going to give it a 7/10. I can't give it anything higher than that due to the bunch of plotholes this movie caused to a pretty much flawless story. It was great in its own way, but unnecessary.
RazielZeroJan 3, 2015 3:37 AM
Dec 20, 2013 9:47 AM

Dec 2009
wow, fucking beautiful! Downloaded it, 10/10.
Dec 20, 2013 3:48 PM

Dec 2011
I have no words. How wonderful this movie is. It is just excellent.
Dec 20, 2013 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
This was really good. I missed the characters. This overall an enjoyable watch even though it was a bit predictable.

7/10.
Dec 21, 2013 4:14 AM

Oct 2013
I really liked Okabe x Kurisu moments in this movie. It was so refreshing to see after the 24 Ep anime!
Dec 21, 2013 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
this is why you dont fuck around with time travel stories, especially when the series had it very close to being right.

the entire premise is a never ending paradox.

kurisu couldnt have inspired okabe to stay in the steins gate timeline, since okabe inspired kurisu to eventually pursue that path. without okabe, kurisu wouldnt have gone back in time, without kurisu, okabe would have never met kurisu in the first place (confusing, i know) and had her go back in time in the first place

its essentially making the effect the cause and the cause the effect and vise versa.

still. not bad nonetheless.
Dec 21, 2013 8:09 AM

Sep 2010
Really good movie drama/romance wise. Seeing moar Kristina and Tuturu~chan... <3

But they fucked up most of Sci-Fi concepts.
First Okabe's phasing in/out condition was not properly explained. And the existence of the R world line was very vague.
Secondly the concept behind reattaching Okabe with the Stens;Gate world line was too vagueand miracle like.

Aside from weak Sci-Fi explanations movie was beautiful. Romance between OkabeXKurisu is so awesome....

8/10
Dec 21, 2013 6:47 PM

Aug 2012
http://i.imgur.com/D29TBA9.jpg

10/10 That was enjoyably mindblowing.
Dec 22, 2013 4:42 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
They definitely managed to create a solid film here that is more romantically orientated in certain ways and the overlaying plot adds a nice epilogue onto the end of the story.

But, Steins;Gate also has the all important time travel concept and I think the viability, that is not being a total contradiction has been shot with holes in this film. You sit there and interpret the S;G world line, the cause and effect of that so called anchor they were trying to create in Okabe's memories and the problem is, there are parts left to interpretation that really ought to not have been left to speculation. My memory of how the S;G world line works was somewhat in the rough when I watched but Okabe disappearing and returning, which is the main premise, is explained in a rather bending the rules manner that fulfills the purpose of the plot but not much more.

Overall, the problems that do exist didn't quite explode to me as "wtf is going on" but rather I felt that the science was perhaps less thoroughly thought out.

I think where this film is strong and weak is clear. A more character driven plot between Kurisu and Okabe is done strongly from start to end, and the final result is satisfying and conclusive end. On the other hand, the science seems to have take a bit more of a back seat which is somewhat of a shame since Steins;Gate universe has one of the most intriguing, thought-provoking, and substantiated premises I have seen yet.

In the end, I felt like something wasn't quite there but my enjoyability won out and it was a worthwhile excuse to witness the world of Steins;Gate once again.

9/10
Dec 22, 2013 7:11 AM

Jul 2011
Denying many logic's established in TV Series ruined it as superior S-F series it was, but that was still great romance, so I think it's solid 8/10.

Also, what is this shot? :d

http://i.imgur.com/9RLAMBq.jpg

I pefer to assume, that they had sex on the desert after OVA, and this is yet another parallel universe, where universe laws of cause and effects work different, so anything is fine there, and plot holes don't exist anymore :dddd
Dec 22, 2013 2:46 PM

Dec 2008
It was a great movie and I don't what people are talking about when they say it didn't make sense and started breaking away from the rules of the original series. Its explained really well on the other threads by others how the timeline itself from the series existed but in the movie the timeline was changed so that the tv series timeline wouldn't be as affected from the outside but the after the series the changes that were made would start to come into effect.
Dec 22, 2013 8:57 PM

Aug 2013
Drunk Kurisu was funny and over-cute.

But yeah, after that, shit happens. It was sad to see her continu like if nothing happened, but of course, she could not just forget like Okabe asked her.

So if understood, the ''Reading Steiner'' is just that Okabe can accumulate more memories between world line/divergence, or we could say déjà-vu. But, because of that, it also made that he had too much memories from other world to exist in the Steins;Gate. The only way to make Okabe exist in the Steins;Gate was to create a powerful memory that would in some way overcome all is other déjà-vu.

They really pushed further their relationship. The fork and spoon gift was cute. The kiss at the train station was really sad, I though that he would dissapear after the train pass (even if it wouldn't have made any sense since he was suppose to dissapear in the morning). Also, it was really cute when she kissed little Okarin, but I just couldn't stop thinking that she was 19 years and at that time he was 13 xD Ohh, the hormones must have been strong on this one...

I like the fact that Suzuha and Kurisu relationship hasn't changed a bit. Mayushii is still our cute Mayushii, but I would have liked more Tuturu~~ :( Moeka still talk only when necessary. Rukako is still a trap and Hashida is still our same pervert.

Anyway, it was a great concept and I like the fact that they pushed further in the explication of the ''Reading Steiner'' being déjà-vu. Also, when we think about it, Kurisu made the same mistake as Okabe, to not be able to forget him/her in the future. Such a great romance :3
minouneetzoeDec 22, 2013 9:06 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 22, 2013 9:19 PM
Aug 2011
This is closer to a high school romance drama than to the thrilling sci-fi ride that the series was and when I watch Steins;Gate it's definitely for the latter, so this was mostly disappointing.

Good things about it though are hearing Miyano as Okabe again and the beautiful animation.
Dec 23, 2013 6:17 AM

Sep 2010
I don't understand this part: why kurisu looks younger on train stop when talking with young okabe?
is it just metaphor or what?
could someone give me explanation about this ._.

after all what happened in my life, I finally realized.
God never say a thing. And God's silence has nothing to do with life or death.
Dec 23, 2013 9:32 AM

Sep 2009
really at first I must say SHAME ON YOU anime watchers who watched this movie AND COULDN'T UNDERSTAND IT !

what the hell you want more sci-fi when it's all settled??!! only thing that was left is feelings. if they added more sci-fi it will be too much too borring and without meaning.

THIS MOVIE WAS PERFECT !

saying that what was done in the series it must take price, and the price was Okabe as the main key to all those doings from the start, and Makise - brain responsible for the 1st d-mail and WWIII stopping in series, also person with mush resolve and who understood Okabe the most through the whole series.

also you want more clear description of Steins;gate and replacing Okabe and r line.?? O.o wtf are you saying?? XDD you after watching this series and anime didn't get the point of it?
how the hell you want it explained to details if science can't do that eighter. people can't describe it it can't be clearly presented to you.
it's like you said: explain me how black hole looks when you are sucked inside of it?
no one was there how it could be explained to you. it can be just prediction or thoughts made of research and conclusions.
it's unexpected, fierce and dangerous. time leap, changing world lines etc, one thing that's obvious that if it's messed that much it needs price of replacing or 'deleting' the cause of all that to be able to keep all of the others in the main line of reality they exist.
BUT one thing is if those feelings and memories are strong enough so they keep bringing the person who was decided to be deleted from the existance.
if those feelings are strong enough they can just recreate person. and especially if you time leap like Suzu did with Makise to help returing Okabe.
it's sci-fi movie after all, you don't need to get all clear answers.

it was great, and I a glad they put more feelings in this movie also with sci-fi and suspense and that thril, but it sure was perfect.
finally they figured out emotions and worlds and hat's important to keep yourself in reality you live.
and I like how they described DEJA VU effect (I long time by myself thought that deja vu must be some kind of me who leaped time O.o absurd, but after aching this series they just like put my theory in it lol ^^)

also this movie isn't repeating the same like series like most movies doo, it's borring and you can't catch feells it will be always like unfinished, with this movie they greatly made onderful story till the end, like sci-fi must be !
like East of the eden movies also, which was my no 1. place in sci-fi anime, and now it's Steins;Gate ^_^

wonderful ending !
and I am sooo glad for all of them :))))

10/10 !

PERFECT MOVIE !
SamuraiSxDec 23, 2013 9:41 AM
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Dec 23, 2013 12:36 PM
Mar 2013
That was a good film. I expected it to be far bigger/better then anime like the Haruhi movie and Battle of Gods but I found it was on the same level. Kind of like more episodes instead of a big movie. I liked that it was focused on Kurisu this time around though and the shower scene was a um...nice touch.

I feel that this movie was a little unnecessary to the series but I still enjoyed it.
8/10
Dec 23, 2013 7:27 PM

Aug 2010
MOVIE EXPLANATION HERE, even if you think you understand maybe you missed something. hell, maybe i did too. tell me!

its pretty hard to understand but if you look at the scene where kurisu talks to young okabe she changes clothes mid scene. This is because at first its showing the kurisu in other world lines just talking to him. BUT in this world line in order to make it unique kurisu kisses him. Thats why her clothes change. before it shows other world lines (pink jacket). this world line its her usual clothes. To balance the world line Kurisu needed to do something unique, she kissed him.

Why did this not change worldline though? Didn't understand at first. BUT I GOT IT.

Basically after the kiss it shows okabe sitting on the street with his phone. The phone becomes clearer as he enters the steins gate world line again. Kurisu on the phone says "I will now give you an overview of operation norn" right before kurisu in real life says "what are you looking at pervert?"

In the steins gate worldline kurisu from the future had already kissed okabe from the past. THIS NEEDS to happen for okabe to stay in the world line so kurisu from the future sends okabe a message from the future about what to tell the kurisu of the present.

THIS IS why okabe tells her to forget, BUT kisses her to give her a hint that she can do somethng. Future kurisu told him how to save himself and what to tell younger kurisu.

THis is why he tells her to forget, but kisses her so that she remembers. This is what "operation norn" is for. This is also why daru's daughter says that future kurisu said younger kurisu would know what to do.
Jimbo_XDec 23, 2013 7:31 PM

Dec 24, 2013 5:42 AM

Apr 2010
jimbo_extreme said:
MOVIE EXPLANATION HERE, even if you think you understand maybe you missed something. hell, maybe i did too. tell me!

its pretty hard to understand but if you look at the scene where kurisu talks to young okabe she changes clothes mid scene. This is because at first its showing the kurisu in other world lines just talking to him. BUT in this world line in order to make it unique kurisu kisses him. Thats why her clothes change. before it shows other world lines (pink jacket). this world line its her usual clothes. To balance the world line Kurisu needed to do something unique, she kissed him.

Why did this not change worldline though? Didn't understand at first. BUT I GOT IT.

Basically after the kiss it shows okabe sitting on the street with his phone. The phone becomes clearer as he enters the steins gate world line again. Kurisu on the phone says "I will now give you an overview of operation norn" right before kurisu in real life says "what are you looking at pervert?"

In the steins gate worldline kurisu from the future had already kissed okabe from the past. THIS NEEDS to happen for okabe to stay in the world line so kurisu from the future sends okabe a message from the future about what to tell the kurisu of the present.

THIS IS why okabe tells her to forget, BUT kisses her to give her a hint that she can do somethng. Future kurisu told him how to save himself and what to tell younger kurisu.

THis is why he tells her to forget, but kisses her so that she remembers. This is what "operation norn" is for. This is also why daru's daughter says that future kurisu said younger kurisu would know what to do.

Thank you
Dec 24, 2013 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
jimbo_extreme said:

QFT

I had a lot of questions and this explanation seems to make the most sense.
Dec 24, 2013 12:34 PM

Oct 2012
jimbo_extreme said:

Thank you very much! It makes so much more sense now.
Dec 24, 2013 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
Is this subbed yet?
Dec 24, 2013 4:18 PM
Jul 2012
johnyjohny said:
Is this subbed yet?

yes
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Contrary to the popular belief, the Steins;Gate movie is canon (video)

SciADV_Maniac - Apr 21

11 by Spheromancer »»
Apr 25, 6:26 AM

» Canon?

mechian - Nov 7, 2013

13 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Apr 20, 12:56 PM

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Should i watch this?

BeanieWaferz - May 29, 2023

38 by Lemonov »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM

» Couldn't understand a scene

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

14 by PeeBeeBoi »»
Aug 1, 2023 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.