Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Galaxy Next Door
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, it looks like all that drama is finished and it's back to the normal days but more importantly, we see Shoiri again being a selfless person to help others.

It's another one of those date invitations but also, it's neat that the finale didn't forget about the kids. Feels like they wanted to celebrate this anime in the finale with a bonding with all the main cast. Definitely worth the watch imo.
Jun 24, 2023 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
With Fumo and Machi off to school, Ichiro and Shiori can have the time of their lives, through a date.

The first date since the engagement pact's annullment, and Shiori is over the moon to get new clothes for the date to impress Ichiro. It's the same with Chihiro since he complimented her when she's young, and her love isn't going to get reciprocated by Ichiro anyways, so the next best thing being of Shiori, Chihiro can settle with that. To that effect, Ichiro asking Sano for advice on his appearance, and indeed, dresses up very nicely to the amusement of Shiori, to go ice-skating. And since both of them never tried out skating before, Ichiro is worried about himself more than Shiori to get the balancing act right, but more than ever, his feelings to Shiori must be reciprocated right.

With the budget burst, both Fumio and Machi go out to play with their friends, but Shiori stumbled upon an issue that cannot be revealed to Ichiro, which got worse because Machi would not want to turn down her friends' invitation to their house because of Ichiro and would prefer to play with Fumio instead. Her vulnerability is witnessed to the older brother, and he plays it cool to have an abrupt summer festival at their place in the Winter, with food and fireworks, celebrating together as one community under one roof.

Yeap, this show may be the budget version of Tonikaku Kawaii, but it isn't objectively bad by any means.
KANLen09Jun 24, 2023 11:54 AM
Jun 24, 2023 9:05 AM
Aug 2022
Enjoyed it, all drama finally got finished
Jun 24, 2023 10:15 AM

Apr 2016
I guess to no ones surprise this show reminded me a lot of Tonikaku Kawaii, a random guy gets a pretty as a postcard girl out of nowhere, and they fall in love immediately ...

... And thats it, thats all there is, while it was funny to watch them be together every week, it also was a bit tiresome at the same time, i know this is romance SoL, but even those need to have something happening, anything, this had nothing going for it.

At least the main guy wasn't a lost cause like the one from Tonikaku.
Jun 24, 2023 11:01 AM
May 2018
Felt quite awkward to just add unnecessary drama in this episode, but overall the wholesome moments made the finale and the series decently satisfying. 7.5/10
Jun 24, 2023 11:05 AM

Mar 2021
Really enjoyed this series it was so sweet and wholesome and this episode was a great finale
Jun 24, 2023 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
Another anime coming to an end and it was a pretty good feel good anime.
A couple was formed pretty fast and there wasn't much getting in the way of their relationship which was nice to see.
The couple was also very innocent which was funny at times.
Now they even proposed to each other which should be the start of a good marriage i guess.
Jun 24, 2023 11:27 AM

Dec 2022
well ichiro and machi both are way too considered
anyway is it just me or their relationship doesn't look like a relationship that well thought out its build with impulsive decisions
Jun 24, 2023 11:32 AM

Feb 2021
"Guhehe~"
It's kind of messed up how Machi already worries about her "character" at her age.
I would really like to do something like this too. Being outside near your house when it's dark is very cozy and relaxing for some reason.
The ED has a very nice artstyle.
Would love to see more romance anime with adult characters like this one. The drama was quite nice too.
8/10
Jun 24, 2023 11:58 AM

Feb 2019
Grown man anime. Third best romance this season and a breath of fresh hair with how well all the characters communicate with one another.

Finale had everything that makes me like this show. Shiori and Ichiro clearly communicating their concerns and thoughts to one another at that ice skating date was so nice. Instead of letting things build up like normal romance shows they actually TALK like humans. Prevents any misunderstandings and we need more of that. Even that little confession from Ichiro cousin was interesting. Instead of letting things boil over and forcing unnecessary drama build up she just lets Shiori know how she feels.

The date was really cute too, seeing them both try to put themselves together to impress the other was sweet.

The other thing I really liked here was the siblings relationship with Ichiro. I just love how mature and considerate his siblings are. Seeing how he was struggling to pay the bills and not wanting to inconvenience their big brother just made me a little emotional. Glad it got resolved tho and that festival was a great way to cap things off

I’ll miss this. Will be reading it.
Marinate1016Jun 24, 2023 12:02 PM
Jun 24, 2023 12:08 PM
Dec 2021
did not like this anime (personally)
Jun 24, 2023 12:16 PM
Jan 2022
Absolutely the best slice of life anime I have watched in a while. Touches all points of a relationship, it's up and down's, all corners.
Jun 24, 2023 12:18 PM

May 2020
A date for the finale. Though without any pact nonsense or whatever. I mean that thing served its purpose already last episode, and all those episodes before that, so a chill date where those two don't have to worry about whatever terms was nice.

Ichiro himself and the siblings are happy to have Shiori around. Their relationship will only go up from here on. I mean she has a kind of vibe to her after all.

Fine series overall. Ignoring few things around I don't think I had much problems following it through every week. Plus we had a positive end too.
Jun 24, 2023 12:54 PM
May 2017
Very good ending episode! Very good series! Second season -- and Ichirou marrying Shiori -- more than welcome.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 24, 2023 3:28 PM

Oct 2010
I was initially reluctant to pick this up seeing who the mangaka was, buty I'm glad I did. After 4/10 Sweetness & Lightning I never would have expected a 9/10 from the same person. Good timing having this as an alternative while I was starting to get tired of Tonikawa.

"In our barcode media, love is often portrayed as consumption. As consumers in a commercial driven culture we can begin to view other souls as objects, or potential cures for our deepest fears and insecurities. 'Perhaps if I found the right lover I would no longer feel this deep existential despair.' (...) It's a fearful thing to be alone. Do you love me enough to let me go? 'I can't live without you' - 'I would die if you ever left me' - These are not the songs of love, these are the songs of consumption." -Jon Foreman

Jun 24, 2023 3:31 PM

Sep 2009
I will only say this: give more role to Rina Endou.
Jun 24, 2023 4:05 PM
Jul 2020
This anime was going so well until they just had to bring out the incestuous crush plot device because of course there'd be one.
Jun 24, 2023 4:13 PM

Sep 2011
This sure was a boring ending to a boring anime.  
Jun 24, 2023 4:43 PM

Jan 2021
Fumio & Machi are off to school and Shiori likes some free time with Kuga alone but he has work. Kuga decides to finish his work that day so he asks Shiori out on a date. Shiori only has black dresses so she doesn't know what to wear so she goes out shopping for clothes. Chihiro notices her and helps her choose out an outfit that suits her. Tbh Shiori looks good in any outfit.

Anyhow Chihiro says to Shiori that she has loved Kuga for a long time, then a flashback hits when she was little and in a Kimono and Kuga said that she looks like a flower. Chihiro is actually happy that they got together because she said that she doesn't stand a chance. Kuga notices that Shiori went out shopping so he hastes towards Yuuta to ask for advice and the next day they meet with each other, they both look well dressed. Their plan for the day is to visit the ice skating park thingy, they're both still rookies but they get the hang of it. Shiori notices that other couples are holding hands and she wants that as well, the reason being that they won't hold hands is that Kuga didn't want to get obsessed or something like that. After a while Kuga offers his hand and they hold hands while skating, which was cute.

Kuga is in deep sighs because he spend too much money on stuff. Fumio & Machi are going to play at the park but it looks like its gonna rain so one of the kids invites the other kids over and Fumio is invited, Machi turned down that invitation and they decided to head home. Shiori walks by and sees it. Machi says to Shiori to keep it a secret from Kuga. When Fumio wants to play with Shiori, Machi bursts out in tears and Kuga is there to calm her down, such an good brother. At the last scene they have a festival at home with fireworks and it looks like the main cast is there to celebrate it as well. What an wholesome ending to this anime.

Jun 24, 2023 6:52 PM
Jun 2021
I guess that Chibi san confession was unnecessary considering the fact it doesn't adds too much value to the show however they won my recognition for the fact that it explored Machi san as well and I had that gut feeling since very long that Machi had some issues around her and finale dealt with it very well

Coming back to the overall series, it was a sweet & nice one although the romance element of the show seemed to be feigning in the first half with it felt like being half baked & forced, it covered up pretty well for itself in the later half with adding some development. The Adult cast definitely worked out pretty well here & Kuga is definitely one of the kind of protagonist you would like to see more, the sibling bond really made it even more satisfying and enjoyable to watch

Coming to the negatives, there was so much potential left for other side characters including Shiori's mother or grandmother as well but it's understandable considering the fact that we can't expect everything to be included in a 12 episode series. The drama at some place was kinda stacky sometime & that meeting of Kuga with Shiori's parent was still a led down for me, besides that it does most of things pretty well compared to many other Romance shows

And yeah let's pretend that Chibi san confession never happened

MY OVERALL RATING: 7/10

I WILL BE HAPPY IF IT GETS ANOTHER SEASON WHICH IS VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY
Jun 24, 2023 7:05 PM

Dec 2018
nDroae said:
I was initially reluctant to pick this up seeing who the mangaka was, buty I'm glad I did.

"In our barcode media, love is often portrayed as consumption. As consumers in a commercial driven culture we can begin to view other souls as objects, or potential cures for our deepest fears and insecurities. 'Perhaps if I found the right lover I would no longer feel this deep existential despair.' (...) It's a fearful thing to be alone. Do you love me enough to let me go? 'I can't live without you' - 'I would die if you ever left me' - These are not the songs of love, these are the songs of consumption." -Jon Foreman

What's' the deal with the mangaka?
Jun 24, 2023 7:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This final episode felt a bit like a reward for Ichiro and Goshiki and us viewers as well for making it through the annulment issue, seeing the two of them going on a date was really sweet, Goshiki’s reactions to Ichiro when he first arrived were great too lol, usually those kind of reactions are for the guy. And one thing I wasn’t expecting was the situation with Machi and Fumio, but it makes a lot of sense giving their family situation and seeing how Machi especially has been up to this point.

But damn it really hurt to see her cry when Fumio tried to let her go by herself, like that hurt my soul lol, but thankfully our boy Ichiro was there to bring the two cutest characters of the season back up the spirits. And lastly the winter time summer festival was a nice place to end on, Machi and Fumio definitely deserve it as well as our main couple, it looked like a really nice time.

And that’s the end, this was a very wholesome and chill SoL, and the romance was top notch too, one of the best things about the show was without a doubt the development of Ichiro and Goshiki’s romance, and of course Machi and Fumio were one of the best things as well lol. There is one small issue I had with the show tho, and it’s that it didn’t do a whole lot with the fact Goshiki had weird space powers, I think there could have been more bits involving them to make this a more unique SoL, but of course I did absolutely love the SoL goodness we had as well as the plot stuff regarding her powers. But man, I’m sad to see this go, it was a really fun time, hope it can get a Season 2!
Jun 24, 2023 9:02 PM

Apr 2022
guhehe :P
yepp, goshiki had some cute moments, and the show overall had some pretty good moments but always had some unnecessary drama as well.
ending was nice though, don't think we need another season tbh. if it does, then better production pls. 
6/10 for me, it was just fine. still far from being the worst romance of the season for me. forgettable, but nice.
Jun 24, 2023 9:25 PM

Sep 2018
Marcos_Aspira said:
nDroae said:
I was initially reluctant to pick this up seeing who the mangaka was, buty I'm glad I did.

What's' the deal with the mangaka?

They did Amaama to Inazuma, something similar and slightly better than this.

This felt like a sheep in wolf's clothing, a Middle/High school romance in the form of an adult relationship (c-c-cAn i hOlD yOuR hAnD? The final episode, ladies and gentleman), but it had it's nice moments nevertheless. The childcare aspect was also great, but again Amaama to Inazuma did it better.

GakutoDeathGlareJun 24, 2023 9:29 PM
Jun 24, 2023 9:53 PM
Sep 2021
Nice story, enjoyed what it offered, hope we get a s2 for this also. Nice pacing and the characters.
Jun 25, 2023 2:04 AM

Jan 2021
Lately the episodes have been so good... it makes it hard for me to give an average score :") I love Machi and Fumio so much

Jun 25, 2023 2:40 AM

Oct 2017
Much better than the last episode. The date was fun, Shiori's reactions were cute. Second part with the siblings was wholesome. They sure enjoyed the mini festival of their own.

Was a pretty decent anime, quite bland at times but had some sweet and wholesome moments which made up for it. I liked the pact thing but sadly they didn't explore it much and it was relevant to only prove the fact that their feelings for the other are genuine. Also they didn't even show the other people living with them much either. Anyway the manga ended so wouldn't mind watching another season for complete adaptation.
Jun 25, 2023 3:22 AM

Aug 2022
What a couple, Shio-chan and Kuga... I love them.
Jun 25, 2023 5:32 AM

Oct 2021
That reaction by Shiori seeing him dressed up was one of the funniest moments. 
Jun 25, 2023 7:00 AM
Mar 2023
This was a pleasant series to watch. Very wholesome, blood sugar spiking lol. And a romance with adult characters at the center.
Saturdays this year have been to die for with this, the angel next door and now more horimiya for the summer season.
Jun 25, 2023 8:06 AM
Feb 2023
SaltyCookie_ said:
That reaction by Shiori seeing him dressed up was one of the funniest moments. 

Yeah truee.. Gwehehe

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Jun 25, 2023 8:20 AM

May 2015
I didn't like this anime in the end, the romance aspect was childish and silly, her being a princess almost entirely pointless. At first, I expected this anime to be more focused on family dynamics like we'd seen in this episode with Machi, but for a last episode it was like they only now remembered they could develop this storyline too. I didn't like the main characters all that much, and the pact seemed to be there only to force drama. Most of the time the anime was plain boring, other times irritating, and only a tiny amount cute. 4/10
Jun 25, 2023 10:08 AM
Apr 2023
I don't know but some how this episode just feels really good to watch.
I can't believe that just now, at its finale episode, only did Otonari ni Ginga became really good to me.

But still, I found the anime really decent overall. The premise is kind of unique and the the characters, especially Goshiki, are really cute.

I heard the source manga is already concluding or has already concluded, so I feel this will no longer have new seasons anymore.
Nonetheless, I really like this anime, specially this episode. Kuga was right, this finale really had a feeling that everyone was now free and thus it really felt even nicer to watch.
Jun 25, 2023 10:57 AM
Mar 2015
Our couple goes on a date and has a winter festival with fireworks  the kids have worked out some of their problems with going off with friends Our gril has promised to propose to hi
Jun 25, 2023 11:41 AM

Nov 2013
Not as bad as "Angel next door" but still boring. Most likely there won't be S2 and I'm not gonna read the source so what I've seen was not satisfying at all. 
Jun 25, 2023 12:19 PM

Mar 2014
Sighh the ending is so underwhelming and boring and somehow manage to introduce some new characters that we never seen till this last episode

Well I guess the positive side is I'm not mad
Jun 25, 2023 7:56 PM
Mar 2023
A sweet and wholesome conclusion to a sweet and wholesome show.

I didn't expect to see a payoff to that conversation about Chibi and Machi having secrets. A welcome surprise.
Jun 25, 2023 11:09 PM
Jan 2018
Ngl I love Chibi-chan’s design a lot, seriously wouldn’t have minded her winning but ofc this series wouldn’t be what it is if she was the main heroine lol
Jun 25, 2023 11:44 PM
Jul 2021
Pretty sweet and charming final episode, but it also make you wonder with the main duo engaged officially and apparently unhindered, what else could cause more drama for them.
Jun 26, 2023 12:13 AM

May 2019
The final episode was ok but there were several unanswered questions such as how Shiori is going to respond to her mother once the year is up since her mother is assuming they will no longer be a couple with the annulment pact? Speaking of the pact, I don't think the stinger added much to the storyline as I thought it would, it felt a bit out of place and random.

Ichiro is a nice guy but his reactions were kind of annoying, for example when Shiori reached out to hold his hand while walking in the final episode he pulled it back and said that his hand was sweaty and soon after that he again didn't want to hold her hand when she offered to help him keep his balance. Then after that he apologized, like really?

A side character that I liked was Machi as she sees how hard her older brother works but in the final episode she got offended when her little brother said she could go play with her friends at their house, at the end they were all trying to help each other out. The ending with the fireworks was ok but not that satisfying. The animation and storyline were fine but nothing really stood out, other than Shiori's character design. I give this a 6/10 as it was ok.
Alfredo-SauceJun 26, 2023 12:17 AM
Jun 26, 2023 3:57 AM
Feb 2021
It was ok, nothing outstanding. I'll give a try at the manga too.
Jun 26, 2023 5:50 AM

Mar 2012
Was kinda boring overall, I don't like forced relationships that happen through mishaps but at least it took the effort to break the pact and then continue on with their relationship. 6/10
Jun 26, 2023 9:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice date after all that! And kids also have their struggles but it ended well, they are lucky to have such a great older brother! And we even had a hint that marriage will happen at some point, definitely a good vanilla way to end this show, wasn't fan overall because it's quite simple as a romance and nothing too special or entertaining but why not.
Jun 27, 2023 2:01 AM

Apr 2021
My dose of Saturday sweetness has finally ended. Each and every episode is just full of cuteness. Shiori big simp kekw

Jun 27, 2023 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
Felt like a budget Tonikaku Kawaii and not as good as the author's other work (Sweetness and Lightning), but still nice and wholesome show nonetheless.

Jun 27, 2023 3:28 PM

Jul 2016
Peak wholesomeness. Such a great finale with Shiori and Ichirou going on another date and more family bonding between the siblings. Machi is such a lovable and considerate little sister ♥

Pretty good series overall though it could have worked just fine without the supernatural stuff. The family dynamic between Ichirou and his younger siblings was excellent and the prospect of a lonely and somewhat clueless Shiori falling for an awkward yet hardworking Ichirou already sounded solid enough without the pact/stinger drama.

7/10 - Wouldn't mind a second season someday.
SouthRzVaJun 27, 2023 3:32 PM
Jun 27, 2023 7:00 PM
Feb 2020
Zaxphred said:
well ichiro and machi both are way too considered
anyway is it just me or their relationship doesn't look like a relationship that well thought out its build with impulsive decisions

that's the time frame speaking. they did a bad job at showing it but, this whole Anime apparently spanned a year
Jun 28, 2023 11:23 PM

Aug 2017
Not a very fun show. Mostly boring but not objectionable. Very unlikely there will be another season, I think.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Not as bad as "Angel next door" but still boring. Most likely there won't be S2 and I'm not gonna read the source so what I've seen was not satisfying at all. 

Yep, I agree. Can't remember if I saw Angel next door.
CarbonMDJun 28, 2023 11:47 PM
Jun 29, 2023 4:35 AM

Feb 2015
it wasn't one of the best romance anime I've seen. I liked the characters but Thier relationship seemed puerile. Almost like two kids dating as opposed to adults, they can barely hold hands.
Jul 1, 2023 8:12 AM
Sep 2016
It's an SoL, and I usually loved SoL. But being an SoL doesn't authorize such weak and disappointing last EP. Even if we assesses the title as an SoL, the title was almost always have weak EPs, but this last EP is just on a whole another level of weakness it can be considered abysmal really. Shiori, Machi, or Fumio's mere wholesome existences are usually enough to save it's typical weaker EPs, but not even they can save this disastrous last EP this time.

The only saving grace for this EP is Shiori in casual outfit and her adorable "Guhehe~" specifically. And even that is not enough to save this last EP.
uncleqrowJul 1, 2023 8:21 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

124 by Devonnius »»
Feb 13, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

44 by AZINRO »»
Jan 21, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

52 by removed-user »»
Jan 3, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

33 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

37 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.