Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Galaxy Next Door
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 19, 2023 9:38 PM
Jun 2022
I thought it was an interesting first episode, besides, I think it's been a long time since we had an anime where the main character was a mangaka. I think it will be one of my favorites of this season.

At "La Mole Convention 2023", Crunchyroll presented the first episode of this and two other series.

Source: https://www.crunchyroll.com/es/anime-news/2023/03/13/mxico-crunchyroll-llevar-lo-ltimo-en-anime-a-la-mole-convention-2023

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Apr 8, 2023 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
From mangaka Gido Amagakure, the author of Amaama to Inazuma a.k.a Sweetness and Lightning, it's been close to 7 years to finally have another one of the author's latest and most recent showings, in the form of this show.

After the death of his father, the manga artist Ichiro Kuga, supported by his job and two younger siblings Machi and Fumio that are taken care by cousin Chihiro "Chibi" Ibusuki for their growing-up needs. Desperate times call for desperate needs an assistant to help with his work, and it looks like he has finally found one: the pretty pro-level lady of Shiori Goshiki, getting to work immediately to meet deadlines in crunch time. The children having to show Shiori around the place for various amenities, and it soon becomes second nature.

The 19-year-old, Shoujo manga trained assistant being frivolous of the targeted demographic, it feels whimsical. Supporting day and night, Shiori can keep working, but at the expense of an almost-completed manuscript even missing one page that'll take at least 2-3 hours, this calls for a desperate decision to be made, and Shiori is the only help he can rely on to work throughout the night to get the page done and file the manuscript.

The stinger sticking out of her back that links him to outer space, that is the supernatural/sci-fi element to this being in matrimony that was based out of a misunderstanding. But it soon becomes clear that she's a Princess of the Star People, something that Kuga couldn't swallow because of his siblings. Oh well, this is the start of Kuga and Shiori's relationship, from friends.

This better bring us some Sweetness and Lightning feels together.
KANLen09Apr 8, 2023 11:42 AM
Apr 8, 2023 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
Let's just start with saying that if you taking care of your two siblings because your parents unfortunately passed away ... being a manga artist isnt exactly the best way to support your family, cause we know how some of them end up. Now, saying all that, i'm glad that the show actually addressed the fact, that was nice to see.

Also, i'm guessing the supernatural tag is here because there is no way in hell, that a smoking hot blonde girl would just one day miraculously appear in front of you and somehow become your to be wife, right, thats the sci-fi part, right.
Apr 8, 2023 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
Idk why but Shiori has this presence that gives off a mystique to herself. 

The episode was alright for me. Shiori also seems like a mature character who can take care of others, which seems natural given her role in the show. I have some mixed thoughts on her chemistry with Ichirou so far but I have hope that it will be developed more. The addition of mangaka elements made this feel refreshing though. Plus, the anime feels mature enough to be watchable without silly gimmicks. 

It's off to a good start imo.
Apr 8, 2023 11:14 AM
Sep 2015
This seems like a nice little slice-of-life story about rookie manga artist and his princess-in-disguise assistant, but the galaxy tail scene catch me off-guard.

Feb 2020
It feels a lot like tonikawa, I will definitely enjoy this. Very nice first episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 2010
This was nice despite the sad backstory this episode had a surprisingly happy setting and the characters where fun to watch.
The main seemed interesting and the girl had a pretty nice personality.
I am already looking forward to next week to see what more this anime has to offer.
Apr 8, 2023 11:19 AM

Jun 2019
Poor manga artists man... and to think this is actually the reality of the situation in Japan. I felt so bad for Ichiro and how hard he was working in his role of big brother for his siblings. What a nice guy and it was so nice that he found Shiori as his assistant who helped him in such a rough time. It was such a cute start now that they're linked to each other. Can't wait to see what challenges they face from now on. Those little siblings of Ichirou are so understanding for their age. Such adorably nice kids.
Apr 8, 2023 11:35 AM

Mar 2021
Nice opening episode it seems very wholesome
Apr 8, 2023 11:44 AM

Oct 2020
This is a interesting episode to begin with.
Apr 8, 2023 11:48 AM

Dec 2021
As a 1st episode it's pretty normal. Characters are mature and not clingy. There's a smooth flow in conversation.

I like how Machi calls Kuga "onii". It sounds like she's saying "bro".
Apr 8, 2023 11:50 AM

Jan 2023
Very cute first episode. I can’t wait to learn more about this… stinger situation…
Apr 8, 2023 11:51 AM

Feb 2019
Aw I’m really looking forward to watching this one weekly. I love that it’s a mangaka based story. Really get an insight into how toxic the weekly work schedule of mangaka is. 2-3 hours per page? Now keep in mind most weekly chapters are 16 pages, that’s 48 hours of work with basically a 6 day turnaround because you have to get the chapter to the editor in time.. that is insanely toxic and to think people often complain about chapters..

Anyway, the girl is really cute and I like the supernatural undertones too!
Apr 8, 2023 11:52 AM
May 2017
Very, very good! 'My girlfriend is the starwoman -- the anime'.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 8, 2023 12:00 PM

Nov 2011
Loved this one. They also answered my biggest question of "Where is the mom?" Screw that bitch.

I am hyped for more of this.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 8, 2023 12:22 PM

Oct 2017
Quite an interesting premiere, looking forward to seeing how it goes.
Apr 8, 2023 12:29 PM

Sep 2018
That was just so super lovely.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 8, 2023 12:35 PM
Apr 2020
To be honest I am disappointed. I expected more from it. Its not bad but the plot just does not hit hard enough, Might not continue.
Apr 8, 2023 12:35 PM

May 2020
Everything was so normal until.. until we got a short tour of milky way. I've no idea however that thorn of her works, but guess you've to take it anyways, given there's a SUPERNATURAL tag in here.

Nothing so out of ordinary, but fine anyways. Also yeah being a mangaka may or may not get you fame and name, but the hellish work routine is something everyone of them have to go through.
Apr 8, 2023 12:39 PM

May 2016
It's a simple anime, but it looks like it's executed well, which is all that I hoped for!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 8, 2023 1:10 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
More wholesomeness and diabetes to add to the season. Could be pretty average, or maybe grow into something more. Let's see how it plays out!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 8, 2023 1:38 PM
Mar 2023
Great, it came out on a mere Saturday of glory, that means that this anime will be glorious
Apr 8, 2023 1:53 PM

Sep 2009
Looks like a comfy SoL/romance mix with a bit of sci-fy. Will be watching unless I get bored later.

Also, glad to see Rina Endou casted again. She was great in Sweetness and Lightning and it is glad to se one og the former kid seiyuu still getting roles (she is also in Princess Principal movies).
Apr 8, 2023 2:12 PM

Jul 2022
This one's lovely and I'm here for it on a Saturday morning.

I don't think I've ever seen a stinger on a character - this is fun.
Apr 8, 2023 2:26 PM

Nov 2016
Recognize Tsumugi's voice from a mile away.

Lovely start, this season is amazing for comfy sol enjoyer:P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2023 2:48 PM
Jul 2015
It was OK until he touched her stinger. WTF?!
Apr 8, 2023 2:49 PM
Aug 2020
This is my favorite romance of spring 23, I really enjoyed this episode.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 8, 2023 3:06 PM

Dec 2022
I have a feeling this might be one of those types of romance animes i've been longing for a while now.
Hope this can reach as a peak romance in my list cause the mc here is literally a mangaka and i just feel like i know it's going to be an interesting one.
Enjoyable first episode.

Apr 8, 2023 3:13 PM

May 2018
I don't get it, why is  Goshiki, Shiori's departure from her hometown is treated like a funeral?
Apr 8, 2023 3:40 PM
Apr 8, 2023 3:48 PM

May 2015
It had a weird turn but still looks like something wholesome.
Apr 8, 2023 4:07 PM
Dec 2020
A slow and pleasant start, visually the anime is very beautiful and the soundtrack is cool, let's see if with the passing of the episodes and the development of the couple it manages to become one of the best of the season
Apr 8, 2023 4:41 PM
Mar 2021
Very wholesome episode
Apr 8, 2023 5:30 PM

Nov 2017
Nice art,good animation and so far a decent story line,with a literal sting in the tail.
I feel like I am so going to enjoy this just from the first episode.
Can't wait for the inevitable swimsuit episode :)
Apr 8, 2023 5:52 PM
Jan 2023
Lindu di bunito e esse rabo tá meio diferente
Apr 8, 2023 6:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What a nice start, right off the bat and we immediately know there’s more than meets the eye with Goshiki from that opening scene and especially later when Ichiro touches her “stinger” lol, that’s definitely a new one for me, but it is kinda reminiscent of To Love-Ru and Urusei Yatsura when it comes to unique requirements for marrying someone and Ichiro stepped up to the plate this time lol, it’s a nice trope to see again. And I would be lying if I said Goshiki isn’t cute as heck, very pretty and the art does her justice, the show is pretty nice looking all around.

And I already like the family dynamic we have already with the younger siblings, they’re both very cute too, and I already have a bad feeling about the mom who left, hopefully she doesn’t stir too much shit later but it’ll be interesting to see play out if it does happen lol. And I like Ichiro a lot too, I haven’t seen a mangaka MC in a while so it’s nice to see one again, it’s also interesting that he draws shoujo manga. And wow both the OP and ED slapped, really nice songs and the ED visuals I especially liked, such nice artwork. This is a nice addition to my wholesome Saturdays this spring season, can’t wait for more!
Apr 8, 2023 6:04 PM

Sep 2017
It looks like it might be a romance and dorm life story. I really like those.
And also, Shiori's cute.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Apr 8, 2023 6:13 PM

Apr 2012
in my eyes its just a guy drawing manga, that by itself is boring af (for a anime i mean) so they added a girl with star powers to make it less boring

now i am just wondering if the focus will be on the manga drawing or mot, cose if it is i wll drop this instanly
if it isnt, i actually like slice of life, like parents day for the 2 kids in school, shoping blablabla + the star supernatural which i am curious about
Apr 8, 2023 6:37 PM
May 2021
the stinger and galaxy scene kind of caught me off guard, but it was a cute episode otherwise. the little siblings are adorable. i think ill end up liking this
My 2023 candies:
Apr 8, 2023 7:04 PM

May 2019
If anything that make me think this anime probably the best of the week show for how warming and relaxing to watch then idk what else to say, the animation kinda great it has that vibe to it, the opening kinda meh and the ending was average (at least that's how I react to the first episode, untill next three episodes release near future I will stick to this comment of mine and if I change my mind, then I will praise it to heaven)
Apr 8, 2023 7:18 PM

Apr 2022
it's an alright start. not bad by any means. i was wondering why this was tagged as 'supernatural' for majority of the episode, until the tail thing happened.
interested to see where this goes.

also, i know sugita tomokazu when i hear him lmao i never knew he was a part of this. nice surprise, even though he might be a minor character.
Apr 8, 2023 7:59 PM
May 2010
I'm getting Kakushigoto vibes, so I'm going to give this show a go. Hopefully we get a more adult romance than the usual thing with awkward teenagers!
Apr 8, 2023 8:29 PM

Jul 2014
Ima say it was a very wholesome episode but, I feel like it was 4/5 typa episode primarily cause the MC is slightly dense. She pointed out to him that touching that part of her ties their destinies together and she was referencing a lot of the marital things and he still like didn't seem to fully understand what shes talking about other than it was unintentional and that we're coworkers. A coworker wouldn't touch someone while their sleeping at work right????????????????

Aside from his dense and somewhat careless mistake, the princess is a very unique and interesting character. Love her devotion to her work and getting to work with him as well. The mom can rot in hell. It takes 2 make a kid man just to be told "I have my own life as well" is a lil wicked from someone who went through grueling labor for 3 kids and helped in how they were brought them up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2023 8:32 PM

Jul 2014
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
I don't get it, why is  Goshiki, Shiori's departure from her hometown is treated like a funeral?
I think it was cause it was the same time of their grandmother's death referencing how I'm assuming her dad in the wheelchair was holding up her picture and also she's the princess. So if she wanna dip out even at a horrible time like that, cant nobody tell her no besides her parents and apparently her dad was cool with it for a while and I guess her mom wasn't but she didnt bother to stop her.
Apr 8, 2023 9:12 PM

May 2018
Ok, I guess I didn't read the synopsis first, neither the tags, so the whole supernatural thing and the fact that Goshiki is an otherworldly being really surprised me, I wasn't expecting any of this lmao. It was quite weird ngl, but I guess it was an okay first episode, decent enough, it can be fun. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 8, 2023 9:23 PM

Oct 2016
My man not only got a reliable assistant, he also got a space wife lmao. That was a really good start!

Feels like this is gonna be a wholesome and hopefully romantic ride, but I am really curious regarding these "Star People," do they all have stingers? If getting just a little sting brings you to space, what will a whole hug do or you know, more than that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 8, 2023 10:18 PM

Jul 2021
this was pretty damn good. the production quality seems high.

really liked the vibes it is giving off. the OP was really great. didn't know this would be romance though.

didn't like the last part of the episode that much. i was a bit taken aback by the sudden sharp object, outer space, and marital" thingy. the woman just decided that they are going to be in a relationship in the future. she said they will start as friends but feels forced to me. didn't like her attitude.

still pretty fun episode. looking forward to next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 8, 2023 10:27 PM
Mar 2023
grt first ep...interesting

Apr 8, 2023 10:35 PM
Apr 2022
just like tenshin sama next door. It's super sweet!
Apr 8, 2023 11:53 PM

Feb 2018
so yeah, they just getting married? bacause of those tiail huh, what an amazing fate
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

71 by Devonnius »»
Feb 16, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

44 by AZINRO »»
Jan 21, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

52 by removed-user »»
Jan 3, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

33 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

37 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.