Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 13, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Ooh, this cultural festival turned into excitement. Not only was it a celebration of school spirit and culture, but it allowed everyone to gather together and make some memories.

It was great to see majority of the cast here. Mitsumi looked like a nerd and out of place at the fesival though lol
Jun 13, 2023 7:46 AM

Nov 2010
How should I put this episode... a collection of episodes for an ensemble cast?
At least, the show succeeded in conveying subtle nuances, compared to the source material.
Jun 13, 2023 8:20 AM

Apr 2010
Well it's nice to see that things are going well so far but with that cliffhanger we could be in for a ride next episode.
Seeing Mitusmi down because she didn't know anyone in the region from outside the school was sad but at least she handles it was, it's a situation i experienced myself and can be hard i at times.
And the class helping out with the little brother was also nice to see.
Jun 13, 2023 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
KEIRI IS SO PRECIOUS MAN MY HEART
Poor Kanechika. And I'm guessing he won't have a chance to talk to Shima now that this happened.
NOOO NOT RIRIKA
Only one episode left of this masterpiece. Really hoping for a season 2 someday but I'll hop into the manga when this ends.
EmbientJun 13, 2023 9:02 AM
Jun 13, 2023 9:01 AM

Mar 2021
shima's little step brother is so cute it's great to see everyone having fun at the school festival
Jun 13, 2023 9:24 AM
Sep 2021
Shima's family his background is now more explored, let's see how this season ends off with
Jun 13, 2023 9:38 AM

Jul 2021
The cultural festival was a nice and relaxing day. The play they performed was really good. Mitsumi, who doesn't have many friends in Tokyo besides her new school, feels even lonelier. But she has Yuzuki, who showcased her artwork and reminded everyone not to judge artists based on their appearance. Makoto bought them churros, and Mitsumi's friends outside of school feel nervous around Yuzuki because she's popular. But Yuzuki is just like everyone else, dealing with her own problems. Shima's little brother was adorable. He got lost briefly while watching some girls dancing, so he still needs someone to watch over him. Thankfully, he remembered the class code. On the other hand, Ririka seems very suspicious.
Jun 13, 2023 9:52 AM
Oct 2016
The culture festival is going very well, the first year's play went off brilliantly with everyone in attendance loving it. Such a happy time at their school as the festival chugs along. Shima did great in his role performing perfectly along with the whole cast in their play. Yuzuki displayed her art for the festival which made it very disheartening to hear that lots of guys had walked up trying to hit on her and not even look at the art. I'm glad that Makoto could make Yuzuki feel better, even introducing her own friends from middle school and helping equate them. All the girls have spent only six months together as friends but its felt like so much longer. They've found a great friend group in each other. Kanechika doing well in his own drama club okay production, asking Shima to come see how he's improved. Kanechika play having a great reception from the audience. Shima mom showing up we knew would happen since she found a flyer for the festival in his room. I didn't expect her to bring his little brother though, that made for some interesting moments in the episode. His little brother was very smart knowing which classroom to go to. Immediately bawling and grabbing on his big bro once Shima arrived. Very sweet seeing Shima hold his little brother and realize maybe the kid was just being considerate. I hope no awful confrontation happens since Shima mom and Ririka have seen each other in the hallway.
Jun 13, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2020
Get the toxic outta here!

Or what I would've really liked if they did that, but guess since she's already here in a getup and with motives which scream nothing but trouble, I'm kind of looking forward how they'll conclude this next week, because that ending gives an idea even Shima's mother has a history with her.
Jun 13, 2023 10:05 AM

Mar 2019
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the drama lets go
Jun 13, 2023 10:08 AM
Feb 2023
nice episode, really... That cliffhanger will keep me up until the next week tho😅
Jun 13, 2023 10:09 AM
Oct 2021
i can’t believe next week is the last episode. loved this series so much

Jul 2012
Ririka arriving and then dark clouds appear at the end. Looks like trouble's brewing.
Dec 2022
Softhenic03 said:
because that ending gives an idea even Shima's mother has a history with her.

Anime only so this pure speculation, but I wonder if Shima's parents/mom had to make a formal apology to Ririka's parents after the drinking incident nearly ended Ririka's child acting career.

As soon as Takamine said that the festival was going smoothly, we knew that a fly needed to be added to the ointment for some end of season drama, and of course that fly turns out to be Ririka. No doubt this ends with Ririka confronting Shima for daring to act in the play/enjoy his high school life after his misdeed, and Mitsumi sticking up for him and hopefully freeing him from Ririka's hold. 
Jun 13, 2023 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
Oh damn that ending, drama coming? Just one more episode left too. That said Shima's brother is cute. Also I was really hoping that Mitsumi's friends would show up, would be so sweet.
Jun 13, 2023 10:25 AM

Apr 2023
It's so cute how the girls are becoming such close friends now, Makoto buying them churros and Mika running to get churros! That's quite the friendship! Sousuke and his little brother are so cute! Then there's that girl... sure hope a fight won't break out

Jun 13, 2023 10:59 AM

Aug 2019
It was all going so well, but it looks like things might hit the fan in the next episode judging by how Shima mom and whatsherface reacted to seeing each other. Something happened between the two, I know it! Really hope things work out for Shima though, this was such a sweet and wholesome episode! ;_;
Jun 13, 2023 11:05 AM

Feb 2019
Skip to loafer Tuesday.. only one more left 😩

Really good episode as usual. The sound of music play ripoff went well and the cultural festival was a success. Got to see Shima’s little brother and mom which was cool. But of course that bitch Ririka is here.

She’s so annoying and toxic. Hopefully his mom calls her out, but even she looked shocked with that cliffhanger.

Not ready for this to end next week
Jun 13, 2023 11:08 AM

Jul 2012
I really loved seeing the Family Singers play out. Some things really standout more in anime than manga so hopefully next episode will too.

I also wanted Sousuke and Keiri to just have a stare off for the rest of the episode.

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Jun 13, 2023 11:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
10 hours of studying to get on to the council really was impressive. Its must hurt though for Takamine not being the prez after putting in so much work. Its nice that the class play went off without a hitch. Pretty catchy song too. Poor Yuzu though being hit on that much by people who completly ignored her hard work. Makoto stepping up to help Yuzu though was a nice gesture. Hard to believe half a year has passed already though. Shima's younger bro sure had a cute intro into the narrative. The play put up by the drama club though was pretty unique for a high school production anyway. Looks like Keiri kept it together until Shima made it bless him. While it looks like the Shima family is rather complicated looks like that's gonna change. Though looks like storm clouds are brewing in the horizon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2023 11:14 AM
Jan 2023
Omg Shima-kun's little brother 🥹
Jun 13, 2023 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Holy shit! Keiri handled situation like a total pro by not panicking and going to target destination, which he knew for a fact is safe and that his mother will end up there eventually.
Wise beyond his years! Attaboy!

Jun 13, 2023 11:21 AM

Jul 2017
The cultural festival is in full swing, but the student council has to be accountable for people like President Kazakami while Secretary Takamine runs everything behind the scenes. Shima and Mitsumi's class performing The Sound of Music The Family Singers and other plays like it, it enamors the audience. Even peeps like Mika's old friends and others having friends from middle school, Mitsumi is a rare case. Yuzukbeing popular in her art that has guys hitting on her instead of appreciating her art, she's definitely placing priority in the right place, where Makoto is free to tell of her friends, after learning from the former about speaking up. It doesn't feel long, just 6 months long, but the girls have developed quite the friendship clique.

But there is one about to foil the plans: Ririka, on the school's 2nd and final day. Kanechika thinking that he can fool Shima with his 70s discotheque cosplay, and while he didn't, at least he convinces the latter somewhat. Shima's 3-year-old lil' bro Keiri comes towards Mitsumi's class, and everyone is in an uproar to find his mother quick. And while Kanechika proves his worth somewhat, Keiri is priority, and none other than Mukai understands his situation the most. His mother however, chances upon Takamine-senpai and Mitsumi finding Keiri, and he's safe and sound within her class. Finding the older brother though, Keiri bawls in front of Shima, nevertheless being different from how he is in class, and everyone gets to see his familial side.

The problem though...is Shima's mother and Ririka's coincidental meet, and this feud is going to get ugly for the finale next week.
Jun 13, 2023 11:46 AM

Mar 2014
Shima's kun little brother is so cute, I really didn't expect that

Okay so on the next episode looks like things are gonna get a bit hairy
Jun 13, 2023 11:58 AM
Mar 2021
wonder what the beef is between the mom and ririka
Jun 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Nov 2013
lil bro was adorable

Ririka and mom catfight incoming? 
Jun 13, 2023 12:11 PM

Jun 2021
Not that red haired girl.
Jun 13, 2023 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
Mitsumi helping with the festival. Mitsumi feeling out of place since her friends are not in Tokyo, hang in there girl. Shima and the others doing their play which was great to see, they did well.

Damn i feel bad for Yuzuki since that's the 5th guy that hit on her, but no one acknowledges her painting that she created. Makoto on the other hand appreciates the artwork with her friends from middle school. That dumb red haired beach Ririka is coming to the festival. The mother and little brother of Shima are attending the festival. Narumi did his part of the play and actually nailed it. The little brother got lost but he wandered by himself to the classroom, he's cute. Wholesome moment between the little brother and Shima. The mother is relieved to meet up with her son but when she is finally up the stairs, she comes across Ririka. Ririka better not touch Mitsumi, I swear.

Jun 13, 2023 12:49 PM

Nov 2016
Makoto tried to better than her past self, great.

I was really anticipating this encounter. Aahh, the finale can't come soon enough. I'm sure it will be something else.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 13, 2023 1:07 PM
Jun 2023
It's a really cute anime where the protagonists have an actual healthy relation
Jun 13, 2023 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
I admire Yuzuki's passion for making a painting that nice looking, although I can't blame her for feeling frustrated that she keeps getting hit on by people who're more interested in her than the painting that she made. Still, seeing Makoto going out of her way to show her middle school friends the paintings and praising Yuzuki's talents did make her smile, which was a really sweet moment. =)

We also get to see Shima's little stepbrother, Keiri, who was here alongside his mother before he wandered off and got lost. You have to admire him for keeping his emotions in full control while surrounded by people that he doesn't know and when he's reunited with his older brother, he finally unleashes the waterworks, bless him. It was a nice bonding moment between the two of them, which I really liked.

However, the episode did have to end on a tense cliffhanger as Mitsumi, who was guiding Shima's mother, encountered Ririka in the hallway. With only one episode left, I can only hope that Ririka doesn't stoke up too much drama and mellows out if she sees the class play that Mitsumi's class is doing.
Jun 13, 2023 2:16 PM
Jul 2021
I really hope that Ririka girl has some redeeming qualities at the end, as I'd be annoyed if all she's there to do is cause chaos to Shima 😒 And seeing as we don't know the full story as to what happened when they were kid's, something tells me Shima isn't fully to blame, but he thinks he did something wrong, and therefore wants to take all the blame, and therefore doesn't feel he deserves happiness.
Jun 13, 2023 2:51 PM

Mar 2020
The cultural festival is here, and it was a very fun and a wonderful place to make some good memories and show off some talents. 

I loved Yuzuki's scene in the art room, where we get to see more wonderful nuanced characterization with her and Makoto. Many people want attention, but some people don't realize that she wanted genuine feedback on her art piece, and not on her as a person or her looks combined with some superficial comment about them, which got her disappointed. Then, Makoto steps in, with churros, and some of her old friends. Makoto and Yuzuki's dynamic together as friends has been a joy to watch, as both sides genuinely want to be friends, but they come from completely different walks of life. Nice to see them bridging the gap in such a fulfilling way.

Meanwhile, Sousuke is still a bit down, but he still did a nice job on the play, and also watched Kanechika's drama as well. At this point, he just seems so disconnected from everyone else, but the more pressing issue at hand was his little brother Keiri was lost, and his mom was trying to find him. From all that though, we get to learn a bit more about Sousuke, and his family issues, along with how he coped with the whole scandal with Ririka, and that was, to drown himself in the world of academia. That's certainly one way to escape your problems, and some people definitely do that in the real world. 

In the end, Ririka and Sousuke's mother cross paths, and as I expected, they're shocked to see each other. I do hope we get some closure on the whole situation, and get some more clarity on Ririka's character. Should be a very interesting finale.
Jun 13, 2023 2:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahha Shima's brother is cute, he was so relived when he saw him :3 That end though... it's gonna be tough with Ririka
Jun 13, 2023 3:14 PM

May 2019
Yeah the look that Sousuke's mom gave to Ririka (like what the heck are you doing here?!) gives a negative vibe. I think we'll get to the bottom of what happened in the finale but regarding the mom I think it probably ended Sousuke's acting career and that was one thing that had made her happy.

Besides that the festival went on pretty smoothly and while Mitsumi feels alone at times she still has some good friends, and she also keeps herself busy.
Jun 13, 2023 4:51 PM
Aug 2020
great episode ,the interactions a really good.

Even the way of thinking of shima kun.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 13, 2023 5:02 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Such a nice school festival we have here, the play looks like it’s going smoothly so far, of course there’s the issue of Shima’s mom and that red haired she-devil but it’s been chill up to this point lol. And Shima’s brother was honestly adorable lol, kinda reminded me of Seita from Kubo-San which airs this same day, he was Tuesday chilling until Shima showed up and then the waterworks started lol, but I was really happy to see our boy pick him up after that, that was really sweet.

I also loved that bit in the art club, seeing Murashige and Kurume’s friendship is just so damn nice, the way Kurume kinda gassed Murashige up for her friends was great lol. And I’m so sad we have one episode left, it’s been a damn good show, damn good.
Jun 13, 2023 5:33 PM
Aug 2021
The festival arc looks great animated! Makoto and Yuzuki's friendships makes me shed a tear. If they ever stop being friends I'm gonna actually cry. 

Also, glad to see some exploration on Shima's bond with his family! Though we are left with a cliffhanger AGHHHH (I have read the manga but I want more).
Jun 13, 2023 5:47 PM

Jun 2019
Problematic girl is here again. I kinda wish she didn't have airtime in the last episode but she'll have some.
Jun 13, 2023 6:05 PM

Apr 2020
Aw man, it seems we'll have a big drama next week. Just one more episode, I'll miss this anime so much. :(
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 13, 2023 6:07 PM
May 2017
I want to see Mitsumi disarm Ririka.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 13, 2023 6:33 PM

Oct 2022
It was nice watching these kids just enjoy themselves at the school festival. We also got a bit more characterization for a couple of the side characters. Anyways, looks like this finale is gonna have some THICK drama.

Jun 13, 2023 6:40 PM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode!
Jun 13, 2023 6:59 PM
Oct 2019
Finally the Bunkasai episode we waiting for.

Ririka is just a bad vibes, i swear.

That cliffhanger though, dramatic finale incoming...
Jun 13, 2023 7:18 PM
May 2021
nice smooth episode right before and episode i assume will have lots of intense emotions, both good and bad.

keiri was precious, and seeing the gears turn in shima's head when he realized him and his brother are alike was cute. was actually worried his mom would be awful to his classmates though, so im relieved she wasn't.

really don't like the feeling i got seeing ririka bump into mitsumi and shima's mom in the hallway. i just feel like so much shit is going to go down next episode involving her now. i really hate her.

can't believe next week is the last episode. ill be hoping for a season 2, but will definitely have to pick up the manga when this season ends
My 2023 candies:
Jun 13, 2023 7:48 PM

Nov 2022
They make a good job with this Ririka, I mean, we all hate her and still means something good for the show.
basskillerJun 13, 2023 8:00 PM
Jun 13, 2023 8:14 PM

Dec 2022
I also want this kind of friends group where friendship isn't for selfies reasons or just to use other freind.
Jun 13, 2023 8:32 PM

Apr 2022
kieri really was a chatterbox, full 180 when shima turned up lmao. poor mitsumi, who had to do all that running.
this ririka chick is annoying to even look at but it seems there's beef between her and shima's mom.
Jun 13, 2023 8:57 PM
Jun 2021
I don't know why Skip to Loafer isn't getting the recognition it deserves after nailing all the aspect of a proper SoL + Self discovering animes, it is easily one of the perfect SoL to come out in past couple of years
Jun 13, 2023 9:08 PM
Apr 2023
1 episode left, I guess the conclusion for this cour will be the confrontation between Ririka and the Shima family.

I suggest everyone to pick up the manga. It only has 52 chapters as of this writing, but every chapter has a lot of content. I think it's also worth noting that the anime was announced around the 40+ chapters, and from this we could gauge until when we can expect a new season might come out if ever they decide to make another one.

PS Yuzuki is so cute in this episode, fully enjoying her high school life with her true friends ☺️
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

236 by anii_squid »»
Sep 4, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

135 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 21, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

140 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 20, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2023

174 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2023

210 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.