Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 23, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
It's ok Mika. I feel like her feelings were natural especially at the zoo. It's natural human instinct that she'd feel uneasy.

On the other hand, it was kinda nice to see the female cast gather together and discuss their feelings. Sousuke is still probably as ever and so easy to get along with.
May 23, 2023 8:31 AM

Apr 2010
The part in the zoo was funny with Mika and Nao stalking the couple like that, Mitsima and Sham had a lot of fun tho.
And the study session was nice as well.
Towards the end tho it got a bit darker Rurika has some issues.
I also liked the horror movie part.
May 23, 2023 8:39 AM
Jun 2020
Shimasuke just too mysterious huh?... seems like everything in his life is a mess. (kinda pissing me off now)

well, on the bright side is that we get to see the girls bond and have a pajama party. Mika even decides to go back and join in too.
May 23, 2023 8:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
pops to Fun zoo trip, it's so relaxing to see the two interact. Egashira-san and Mitsumi's aunt stalking them was hilarious, the aunt did really well to play the uncle role here, xD. "Shimasuke" though, it's totally understandable why she'd have doubts over him, lol. Didn't think Shima was an elder brother, he totally gave single child vibes. 

Yuzuki-san's past was sad but it's good to see that she can finally be herself with this group. Props to Egashira-san for mustering up the courage and going back. Meanwhile, Ririka-san seems like trouble... Hope to see more of the incident with Shima to really gauge out what that's all about. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 23, 2023 8:54 AM

Feb 2019
Skip to loafer Mondays lets go! Wow a really good episode as usual. Shima being so considerate of Mitsumi’s nerves and the temperature at the zoo was really sweet. I really do feel bad for Mika tho. How’s she’s behaving is really not healthy at all. It’s good she’s starting to realise it, but she’s gotta let go of these insecurities. Nao sees a lot of herself in Mika so that could be a nice healthy mentorship going forward.

The Shima and Ririka stuff looks really toxic and manipulative. Was kinda hard to watch her guilt trip him like that
Marinate1016May 23, 2023 8:58 AM
May 23, 2023 9:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm asking a stylist to help with outfits was a good choice. Ririka's entry sure intrduced an interesting complication. Funny seeing Mitsu and Shima get stalkers though during their visit to the zoo. Though i guess the aut would be wary of Shima given that he's the first boy Mitsu's got close to. The fashion talk segment was amusing. Trying to fit in is one of the hardest things in any setting be be it high school or workplace. Still Yuzuki sure had it tough in her last school for sure. Looks like Shima has a debt to Ririka that he can never repay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2023 9:03 AM

Aug 2017
Nao mentoring Mika was cute to see. My favorite part of the episode was when the girls were in Mitsumi house and talking about stuff. Nao saw right through Mika, but tbh that was to be expected given how she is behaving. Love when the episode focuses on her.

We are now also beginning to learn more about Shima, looking forward to it.

Dec 2012
5/5

Cute Couple

Mar 2021
Shima and Mitsumi looked so cute as a couple on their date at the zoo
May 23, 2023 9:07 AM
Sep 2015
Mika is such a complex character, but the MVP of this episode is Nao-chan, I'd love to see the era when she was still a he.
May 23, 2023 9:26 AM

Feb 2021
Lmao

I absolutely love these title screens and how they stylize the characters

How Nao-chan calls Mitsumi, "Omitsu" means "honey" in japanese. I love her.
Blue base and yellow base huh... I'll keep this in mind.
The end was very ominous. We're getting into some pretty heavy drama here. Still really excited for what's next.
May 23, 2023 9:29 AM

Jul 2011
Honestly the outfit that Mitsumi chose is much better than the supposed stylist, that is Nao, coordinated.
May 23, 2023 9:37 AM

Jul 2012
So Mika changed her mind at the last minute and decided to sleep over for the night. Happy to see that she and Nao made a connection. Yuzu also opened up about herself a little. Their friendship is growing stronger.

The music at the end sounded a bit eerie, but it helped accentuate the mysteriousness of Shima's past.
May 23, 2023 9:39 AM
Oct 2016
The most development filled episode yet. Mitsumi and Shima zoo date went over very well. Mika and Nao following them to make sure things went well was sweet. Nao was very protective but understanding of the whole situation. Spending time together walking around to the different animals, taking fun pictures, and getting some good food despite the horrid heat. We learn more about Shima home situation regarding him having a little brother. I wonder if it's something along the lines of Shima thinks his parents tried to replace him so he feels uneasy about having a little brother. Almost giving Mitsumi the little penguin toy since he thought his brother wouldn't like it. Mitsumi is the ultimate hype woman keeping Shima spirits up by saying his little brother would love it simple because its Shima giving him the gift. There's a lot there about Shima I'm interested to learn. Especially considering what we get at the end with that Ririka girl basically guilt tripping him into constantly helping her since he took her to a shady drinking party when they were in middle school. Even if that caused controversy with her I wouldn't say that means Shima has to take care of her the rest of their lives or something. Ririka is milking this too much. The juxtaposition of shaping Shima live not going well while Mitsumi and the girls had their fun sleepover made me sad. Shima deserves to have carefree fun like that too. I hope his situation gets better.
May 23, 2023 9:41 AM

May 2020
Wait, so Egashira came back?? What drama queen she is lol. If following Mitsumi and Shima all the way to the zoo wasn't already embarrassing enough, she for some reason came back with that same face she lamely excused herself with just a moment ago. Don't like her at all.

Also Ririka is just here to create se drama, isn't it? Keep her atleast a mile away from any of these characters.
May 23, 2023 9:57 AM

May 2015
Wow, Nao-chan is a male? I didn't see that coming...

"LGBT propaganda" some of you said I see. You haven't watched many anime I guess. Gender-bender was a thing in this sub-culture (mostly because of fetishes and other cultural reasons) way before the west made it to have a political overtone over there. To put it bluntly the japanese don't give a shit about LGBT in hte sense you mean.
She is just an interesting quirky character, definitely wasn't put there for "representation".
IshitatesoMay 23, 2023 10:08 AM
May 23, 2023 10:26 AM

Apr 2021
great episode, we saw a lot of new facets from the characters.

sinnerNoWinner said:
but you gotta be aware of how statistics work
Fictional stories are full of one in a million scenarios.

It always comes down to execution and I think they're doing it really tastefully and natural here.
And it worked perfectly for this episodes plotline too, being able to change her appearence so drastically in order to follow Mitsumis zoo-date undetected. That was great writing in my opinion. And even after Nao revealed her identity to Mika, they didn't make a fuss about it. Same with the scene where Nao told Mitsumi to tell her friends that Nao is biologically seen a men. There was no dramatization involved.
May 23, 2023 10:28 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Love Mika's continuous development, she's getting there now. 

May 23, 2023 10:28 AM

Apr 2023
What a cute episode. Nao-chan is so cool when dressed masculine! She isn't so against referring to herself as Mitsumi's uncle when needed and open about her biological gender so the girls won't panic. Nao-chan and the girls getting along so well is so cute! Kurumi is so me fr we just nomming and doesn't understand what the others be talking about, just joining randomly. Mika-chan is conflicted like a teenager should be, it can be easy to dislike her but she's trying her best, I hope she can find her resolve soon! So Shima messed up by being so friendly to everyone that they started taking advantage of him and that girl was also dragged into it, ruining her career... This can be a plot in Oshi no Ko

May 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Nov 2016
Nao-chan is such a cool character. The interactions with Mika and the advise made me love her even more. Further introspective of Mika as the show goes on is also very nice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 23, 2023 10:58 AM

Jul 2017
Hah, Aunt Nao thinking that Mitsumi's trip to the zoo is a date with the popular kid Shima, it's certainly not that.

On the topic of Ririka Saijou, like Shima, she got her start in the fashion industry, which irks Egashira that she's more than just a friend of his. The "date" of Mitsumi and Shma to the zoo, and it's not only Egashira stalking her, but including Aunt Nao as well, disguising as her uncle as well to see their progress...which goes rather nicely. While Mitsumi's uncle properly pinpoints Egashira's in Shima, the "date" continues but in concern about Mitsumi's health, which Shima notices and cares for her, and is willing to come another day when she is well. The real high-spec boyfriend clout chaser being Egashira herself, her ego got the better of her, and purchasing souvenirs that could be mistaken for them being a couple, Shima bought a pet souvenir that reminded him of his younger brother Kei, which she vehemently rejets from him to pass it to his younger brother.

The girls' pajama party ar Mitsumi's place for summer break, and Aunt Nao could easily be mistaken for a male in disguise. Both Mika and Yuzuki suddenly on fashion talk, and Mitsumi chaps in so suddenly, she feels like she has more knowledge being a fashionista than Mika herself. Yuzuki realizing the ways that she tries to fit in but couldn't from the start, it's good on her that she realized that to be herself is how she would gain friends like Mitsumi, but also being picked on due to her foreign traits. Hah, Mukai getting pissed off at where Shima is even in cram school of his fame, what a jealousy. Aunt Nao clearly understanding of Mika's struggle whenever Mitsumi talks about Shima, it's so abstract how Nao is like her being not confident and a try-hard at the same time. Mukai getting deserted by Shima while Ririka summons him out of a sudden, it's clear that she has a vendetta against Shima, enough to criticize Mitsumi, against the backdrop of her controversy with Shima making a comeback into modeling thereafter.

The pajama party aside, it's Shima's life that somehow has been put to shackles, being that overly friendly guy that could even be friends with bad company. That should give it some thought.
May 23, 2023 11:06 AM
Aug 2020
great episode like usual.

I really like the fact that the girls are getting closer, that they share they thoughts.

even the uncle act like a big sister...

and what about the end, i was speachless...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 23, 2023 11:10 AM

Jan 2019
The pandas were cute

May 23, 2023 11:17 AM

Apr 2014
It still surprises me how fleshed out the characters are. Even if they have some minutes of screen time, in this case Ririka, they have a amount of depth to them.
May 23, 2023 11:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The zoo date was really cute despite being too warm outside :( But seeing Mika and Nao together spying on them was really funny xD Also I like that small talk Nao had with Mika boosting her to go back to the pajama party. Meanwhile Shima parts are really mysterious...
May 23, 2023 12:20 PM

Jan 2021
Mitsumi doesn't know what to wear to the zoo so she asks Nao-chan. Mika doing research on Ririka. Mitsumi arriving at the zoo and meeting with Shima but who's lurking behind the tree? Mika & Nao lmao. Mitsumi & Shima have a great time at the zoo but its too hot and Mitsumi feels light headed because of the heat so Shima says to call it a day and come back another time but not before buying a souvenir.

Then a flashback hits from Shima and he wants to give the keychain to Mitsumi but Mitsumi says that there's nothing wrong with giving the keychain. Makoto, Mika & Yuzuki come over for a sleepover for girls only. Mika trying to sum up a lie to say that she needs to eat with family but Nao sees through it and gives a pep talk and Mika joins back with the group. Shima meets up with Tsukasa for summer school. Shima tells Tsukasa to grab something to eat but then gets interrupted by a text from Ririka and he cancels on the last second, awkward. Ririka thinks she's mighty or something, really beginning to dislike that character. Shima went through a lot in the past it seems like, apparently he dragged Ririka around to parties and whatnot. Ririka then says that Shima hangs out with weird people and mentions Mitsumi, bruh. Shima tries to defend himself but gets the heat back from Ririka. At least the girls are having fun with the sleepover.
May 23, 2023 12:56 PM

Jul 2017
Another good episode, liked Mika's interactions with Nao throughout and Nao giving her advice to push forward and be more real with herself and have fun making friends with other girls, that would help open up her personality more and learn what truly counts to live a fulfilling high school life. The zoo date with Mitsumi and Shima was decent but I liked the sleepover portion more, and seeing Mitsumi bond with her friends more and more. Makes me feel sort of nostalgic in a way of high school just watching that part. More development/complicated portions are there too with Shima's character in this episode, his views on his family teased and his relationship with Ririka. Childhood friends potentially but given one incident, she was present in a scandal and is facing the repercussions for being involved there while Shima has managed to not face that level of scrutiny and is living his life and bonding with friends (especially Mitsumi) from her perspective, helps that he quit his acting career in the first place too. Overall, a good episode overall with some nice moments, some tense ones and some build to potential character arcs too for down the line, whether it is with Mika or Shima or Ririka to name a couple.

Also, nice seeing Yuzuki open up to her friends about how much she is glad to have met them and joined their school, good to see her find a place where she can just be herself without worrying about anything else and having to play up to a certain image. Having someone like Mitsumi in her circle who embraces being herself to the max personality-wise definitely helped her in easing her in. Even someone like Makoto despite now having people to talk to, still is herself and is not playing up to any fake image of herself just to be popular. I just love the friendship dynamic between the four girls as a group.
May 23, 2023 1:00 PM

Dec 2016
so, i love that there is a lgbt+ character. I love her, the character is awesome, but there are some problems. before the pajama party, she says to Mitsumi that "Don't forget to tell them your aunt is biologically male". I see where this comes from (guessing), and this is just discrimination. The far right politics just need to have this labels, right? I hate it. Documents need your biological gender, and birth name. Why? Why can't people just officially be called what they want to? Why is there need to know other's biological sex when it's none of their business? I get it that "omg it is Japan", but i have had enough of this, this kind of wording is conniving with established patterns ruling society that just are unfair.

Anyways. Mitsumi and Shima are so cute.
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
May 23, 2023 1:52 PM
Oct 2021
i loved this ep. the zoo scene undercover moment was by far my favourite little section
May 23, 2023 2:09 PM
Jan 2023
oooooo drama :000000
May 23, 2023 2:16 PM

May 2015
Lol at people calling it propaganda. On the contrary, I quite enjoyed the subtle inclusion. Nao-chan is a lovely character regardless.
May 23, 2023 2:16 PM

Nov 2013
This Ririka chick seems like the type who'd physically hurt Mitsumi just to piss off Shima. Bad vibes from her.
May 23, 2023 2:20 PM
Jan 2018
If they think have nao is propaganda then wait untill they find out that anime has had male and female characters cross dressing , characters who’s gender isn’t stated, gay characters for decades.
May 23, 2023 2:36 PM

Mar 2020
Yet another fantastic episode, and the part that stood out the most besides the drama at the end was definitely Nao and Mika's bond. It was quite hilarious at times with them spying on Mitsumi and Sousuke, but I loved how Nao understood Mika's feelings almost immediately, and pushed her towards being more true to herself to make more fulfilling friendships. To be honest, I do relate to Mika to some extent, I've definitely been in that situation where I made up "plans" so I could leave a social gathering early. Mika's character is definitely growing on me with each passing episode.

Seems like Sousuke's past was possibly even more twisted than I expected, with Ririka guilt-tripping him over a scandal that probably included some affair or something of the like, and I wonder if Sousuke thinking about his little brother and getting a bit out of sorts had anything to do with Ririka. Perhaps their families were involved in some way too, who knows. The part about people in the entertainment industry getting their lives put under a microscope did remind me a bit of the recent Oshi no Ko episode as well. I did notice how while Sousuke called Ririka his childhood friend, earlier in the season Sousuke called Mitsumi his first genuine female friend, which speaks volumes of how he wants genuine and meaningful relationships and to live a carefree life. I hope he can get to that point eventually.
May 23, 2023 2:45 PM

May 2013
Maybe just me but I found the ending to be so dark :( Can't believe Shima is getting controlled by his guilt and i'm curious to know what happened with his family. I think once Mika gets more confident, she'll probably realize her crush for Shima is just a crush and he would be a good friend too. 
May 23, 2023 3:14 PM

Jul 2014
I'm on board with pretty much everything this show is doing, but I'll be honest and say that I think Ririka and Shima's shared backstory is fucking stupid. I'm sure there's some sexism angle in it, but if Ririka was scandalised for apparent underage drinking then surely Shima was as well? I assume that's the case, as it would make sense for that to be the reason he decided to stop being an actor, but if it is then it's kind of stupid that Ririka holds that against him when she's got her modelling job back and he hasn't got back that which he once had.

Also, while I appreciate the show clearing up one of the many mysteries that surround Shima at this point - rather than mostly just tiptoeing around them as has been the case so far (like that implication that Shima's younger brother is dead, for example) - I do feel like we needed to see more of Ririka first before revealing why she has such a strong hold over him that he drops everything in an instant to hang out with her. As it is, we haven't even had time to see Mitsumi being anxious about Shima's relationship with her, even though that would presumably be the primary driving force of drama here (i.e. the reason why this element of the narrative is here to begin with, to add some necessary conflict and tension to proceedings): we know from previous that Mitsumi would develop such concerns if given the chance to, but Mitsumi being Mitsumi that won't happen immediately and hasn't happened before this reveal (though I do like that Mika pretty clearly clued in on it immediately).

That aside, another very strong episode from this show as has come to be expected at this point.
May 23, 2023 3:28 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Damn man, after such a wholesome visit to the zoo and a chill sleepover with the babes we had to get hit with that Ririka drama at the end lol. So I ended up being close with my assumption last week on her relation with Shima, turns out she’s a childhood friend, and that’s fine and dandy but this situation regarding a controversy is definitely a bad time, we got a little bit of a hint as to what happened but no details yet, but I can confidently say that it probably doesn’t warrant Shima not being allowed to enjoy his school life, so as of rn I don’t like Ririka.

Also the scenes with Nao were interesting to see, especially during the zoo part. I thought it was really clever that Nao used the advantage that she’s not a biological girl to disguise herself as Mitsumi’s uncle lol, a cool use of this type of character. And lastly I really liked Egashira’s bits in this one, she’s really growing to be one of my favorite characters.
TheColonel76May 23, 2023 3:41 PM
May 23, 2023 3:54 PM

May 2015
Aside from the idiot localizers using crap like "vibe" and "cringe" it was another fantastic episode as usual.
May 23, 2023 4:13 PM
May 2021
didn't notice nao chan was trans but it makes sense. Hollywood has made many people dislike forced representation where the characters are basically stereotypes but it feels completely different in this anime. nao feels natural in the story and doesnt act like some trans stereotype but acts as a unique character that just happens to have that quirk so im glad that the show presents it this way. also really like the way the episode ended with shima basically being guilt tripped into hanging out with this cunt. talking down on mitsumi because she is prettier than her without knowing most men would rather have a smart, intelligent and caring person over a girl whos pretty but a bitch. shima has been implied to have some stuff going on behind the scens happy to see it being developed
May 23, 2023 4:17 PM

Sep 2017
This series always heals my soul but there was definitely some drama this episode with Shima and his model friend. Seems like they have a pretty toxic thing going with Ririka holding Shima at fault for what happened with her. Assuming the scandal about drinking when she was 12 or whatever was about going to that party or whatever with Shima and his "bad" friends from the child acting days.
May 23, 2023 4:54 PM
Aug 2016
i bet the whole ririka-incident is something like, she made a bad choice, sousuke was slightly involved, but she put 100% of the blame on him and like a true anime character just accepts all the blame and actually feels guilty. i hope for a moment where he is like "its been years, time to stop blaming me and live with it". but this is all  my speculation
May 23, 2023 5:27 PM

May 2019
This was an enjoyable episode with lots of things going on. I recall some people saying Nao was biological male in previous episodes and it was made clear in this episode. Speaking of Nao, I liked the interactions with Mika as Nao gave some good advice to her (kind of glad Mika came back to the sleepover but I'm still a little leery of her).

Regarding Ririka... I noticed that Sousuke said he had a 3 year old brother and some type of "incident" happened between him and Ririka 4 years ago. I may be way off but I was thinking that maybe they had sex and Ririka got pregnant so Sousuke's brother is actually his son?? Hopefully I'm way off but the years kind of match up, and perhaps it was something else like underage drinking and getting caught or something.
May 23, 2023 5:31 PM

Aug 2019
that ending gives me a bad feeling of what’s to come since there hasn’t been too much drama in this show lately despite this show having the tag for it, but I just hope it isn’t as bad as I think it’ll be
May 23, 2023 5:39 PM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode!
May 23, 2023 5:39 PM

Sep 2018
Seems like Ririka can't move on and is holding Sousuke emotionally hostage. If I can't be happy, then you can't be happy. It'll be interesting to see where things go from there, seems she has complex feelings for him.
May 23, 2023 5:40 PM
Oct 2019
We got very intersting interaction between Mika and Nao-chan.

This model friend of Shima is definitely a red flag.
May 23, 2023 6:12 PM

Feb 2015
Don't know what the real deal is with Ririka, why she thinks Shima doesn't deserve to be happy or to have friends. What we know so far makes her seem really unreasonable. She seems so toxic and unlikable at the moment. Maybe she will be fleshed out more, but at this time I don't like her and I just get really bad vibes from her.

I don't mind there being more serious tone in the story but I do hope it won't get too dark. So far I've really enjoyed how happy I always feel while watching this show. We probably will get more information of Shima's past and family life that seem to be quite serious and sad, which I'm excited to learn more about, but I just hope things don't escalate too far with Ririka and her guilt tripping Shima. Kinda interested how Shima will now act with his friends at school and with Mitsumi after this. If he will be more distant due to the guilt Ririka is pushing on him.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

May 23, 2023 7:07 PM

Oct 2022
I hope Nao-chan can continue to be a mentor figure for Mika. They’re cute together and it can help Mika grow as a person. Good to see how she went back.
May 23, 2023 7:14 PM

Dec 2022
Another great episode, Nao was very sweet, Ririka on the other hand kinda seems like a bitch rn, I don't see her getting the same redemption as Mika anytime soon.
May 23, 2023 7:22 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I really like the relationship between Nao-chan and Mitsumi, it's really the highlight of the anime how adorable they are and care for each other. We did get some backstory about Shima and we got a flashback of Nao-chan's too. Cant wait for more episodes.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2023

133 by deerchild »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2023

161 by deerchild »»
1 hour ago

» Mika Egashira deserves more love imo

seroza23 - Jun 11

15 by Whimsykat »»
Jun 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

233 by capyvaraw »»
Jun 14, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

120 by perseii »»
Jun 12, 11:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.