Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 9, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, love is in the air. Not going to lie, I thought this episode had an innocent charm especially since love seems like such a delicate subject in this show. 

I think she and Sousuke Shima has a charming relationship. They can be honest with each other while also being good friends. I actually kinda like Sousuke's personality of being easy and carefree. Mitsumi's reaction to his laughter was priceless.
May 9, 2023 7:42 AM

Nov 2010
and Mitsumi became a whistling kettle.
May 9, 2023 8:16 AM

Apr 2010
Mitsumi realising there might be more to their friendship tho i do like watching their current relationship.
The love part might complicate things between them.
It was nice to see her worry tho.
May 9, 2023 8:48 AM

Jul 2012
Things got awkward between Mitsumi and Shima, but they made up in the end lol. What a wholesome episode.
May 9, 2023 8:55 AM
Jun 2020
the improvement of these characters... just being around her is so fun to see. Yuzuki and Mako-chan now always together, Egashira has opened up a little bit after the last ep and obviously Shima.

I know we on the subject of 'Love' but I hope they stay just friends. Shima and Mitsumi's friendship is so cute and special, so honest and concerned with one another. It's amazing.
May 9, 2023 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
Mitsumi hearing from Fumino that she has a boyfriend, it certainly gave her a shock, though it definitely felt like she's very new to romance.

Certainly, having only Fumino's experience to follow, it's just something that Mitsumi has not considered in her growing-up phase. Especially since the term exams are coming up in 2 weeks, and the wannabe high social standing girl wants to achieve high. Unfortunately, Shima called in sick...but it's more like he's silently skipping school, and Mukai backs him up on his rather unusual behaviour. Mitsumi, thinking that Shima's a wannabe Tokyo Revengers gangster, thankfully it was just a dream lols. But the same exact scenario playing out in real life, and Mitsumi begins to overthink about Shima's condition, though he's just choosing to skip school and be late himself, which he explains to her as both class leaders spend time clearing the handouts. Being overly worried, Shima gave her his non-caring reply, which Mitsumi just blanked and walked out on him.

The thing is, this is not the first time that it has happened since their entrance ceremony. Mitsumi thinking that Shima is holding a grduge, she's quite the simpleton that's the overthinker, which for Shima, he doubts himself and talks it out with Chris to clear his mind. Other than Shima's kind of sucky attitude that he does not simply care (which I can relate to), Mitsumi sure gives off the impression that she's sulky from their interaction yesterday, which caused their conversation to short out than the usual. The perceptive Mika knowing that something is wrong about Mitsumi, with the latter sharing her concerns with the former, and Mitsumi should have the answer in her heart.

In the end, Mitsumi confronts Shima to talk things over, and expresses her worries like a kind parental figure towards him, which he shares towards her too to clear up the air about him and the wild stories and murmurs around school. This is very dramatic, though in a good way for the popular boy, and like Fumino, she feels the expression of love and adoration towards him, enough to bail out and understand what Fumino feels in her heart.

This is NOT a romance series, but it's definitely a drama full of fluttering feelings and the like. Nice!
May 9, 2023 9:05 AM

Mar 2021
Mitsumi finally discovering that she has started to have feelings for Shima was sweet to see, it was cute when she told him that school is only fun when he is there
May 9, 2023 9:08 AM
Apr 2020
I couldn't stop smiling the entire episode, 
so innocent, so cute… 
May 9, 2023 9:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Rainy seasons always sucks no matter what country you're in. Of course the subjects that they need to know for the finals is far more important than love. Its good to have a clear goal when in school. Thats quite the rumours that Shima ended up getting saddled with. Outside of school looks like Shima's life is quite messy. Im glad that in the end that Mitsumi was able to clear up that misunderstanding while also realizing her increasing feelings for Shima as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2023 9:12 AM
Feb 2022
me Like this good show
May 9, 2023 9:13 AM

Dec 2020
Well mitsumi realize that she is in love with shima after she telephoned with her best friend.
The end scene was wholesome shima has opened up to mitsumi.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 9, 2023 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
GOD FCKN DAMMIT THIS EP IS NOT GOOD FOR MY HEART!

those last few minutes were just *chef kiss

English is my second language
May 9, 2023 9:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I almost cried, what a god damn episode. They're made for each other. 

Mitsumi's faces were even more incredible this episode, too.
May 9, 2023 9:33 AM

Dec 2019
that was so sweet, I do hope they handle the romance as nicely as they have handle their platonic relationship 
May 9, 2023 9:33 AM
May 2021
it was a little painful seeing things ve awkward and tense between mitsumi and shima, but im glad they talked it out together and made up.

mitsumi realizing she likes shima? but it seems she doesn't want to come to terms with it just yet, as she thinks it's just because they're friends.

shima looked especially pretty and mitsumi even cuter than usual on the stairs after their talk. really looking forward to more development between the two of them.
My 2023 candies:
May 9, 2023 9:40 AM
Jan 2022
Pomeranian Rhapsody. How.
May 9, 2023 9:46 AM

Jul 2011
This thing of getting into someone's case, then in the end of the episode they are okay, is kinda getting old.
May 9, 2023 9:47 AM
Aug 2020
Another great episode, The character are really good, I always have the smile. It’s not just a simple romance, it’s more deep than that.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 9, 2023 9:56 AM

May 2013
Well on its way to becoming my favorite anime of the season; something about this show is just good for the heart and soul. 
May 9, 2023 10:06 AM
Sep 2015
Guy should be the first one to apologize, this make Shima look really ugly that Mitsumi has to apologize to him first. And even worse that she's now fallen in love with the worst kind of guy.
May 9, 2023 10:07 AM

Dec 2022
it was fun to see mistumi finding out what love is
May 9, 2023 10:13 AM
Sep 2021
Mitsumi is now falling for shima but she doesn't notice it and tries to ignore it. Overall pretty good episode which showcased both shima and mitsumi's relationship till now.
May 9, 2023 10:18 AM

Oct 2017
Mitsumi discovering new feelings, precious.
May 9, 2023 10:22 AM
Oct 2016
Mitsumi and Shima had their first fight. Saying passive aggressive things to one another isn't a very nice thing to do. Mitsumi seeing Shima skip school two days in a row just didn't sit well with her. With final exams approaching this is a very important period of their first year in high school. Mitsumi having her future whole life plan in her head is super focused on scoring high in these final exams. Its funny seeing someone as high strung as her being close friends with someone as lowkey as Shima. After hearing from her hometown friend about getting a new crush and what those feelings are like it sort of goes to Mitsumi head. Over thinking what Shima said to her after she scolded him skipping school. It was funny and relatable seeing both Mitsumi and Shima think they're the ones that did something wrong and both wanting to fix it but not knowing how to. The awkward weather conversation was hilarious as it just fizzled out. I got teary eyed at the end as Mitsumi cleared the air and they became official friends. Saying how school was boring without Shima there so she wants him to be around. Very cute and wholesome.
May 9, 2023 10:27 AM
Sep 2016
nope... this was not the cutest most hilariously clueless love epiphany depiction of recent anime.
omg this is so well done...
really lovely
May 9, 2023 10:34 AM
Aug 2021
this show is crazily good holy.
May 9, 2023 10:36 AM

May 2015
If there is a recurring anime trope I love it is an adolescent running seemingly without reason. Living their life to the fullest, brimming with energy and overwhelming emotions, that is a beautiful phase of life.
And Mitsumi definitely runs a lot of times :)

This anime doesn't even have the romantic tag yet it has a better build-up of romance than all the other "love stories" in this or in the previous seasons.
IshitatesoMay 9, 2023 10:41 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
May 9, 2023 10:36 AM

May 2020
Mutsumi told Shima me off not because she wants him or everyone to follow through the things she do and nor it was the case of her being full with herself, it was for a simple reason.. she cares about him. I mean you do out of your way for such people. Though things became a bit awkward, but it's wonderful to see just how much aware are these two for each other.

Couldn't have been a greater closure than Shima opening up a bit about himself and Mitsumi realizing it isn't only just summer heat making her cheeks super red lol. Another good one in the books. These series just keeps on giving.
May 9, 2023 10:38 AM
Oct 2021
i just -
s h i m a k u n 🛐
May 9, 2023 10:50 AM
Apr 2013
It was the sweetest thing ever, the both of them are so pure, like I don't know how to explain it but it seems so genuine and sweet ? I love them, the both of them. Seeing their relationship grow and deepen is one of the best moment of my week !
May 9, 2023 10:55 AM
Dec 2020
The episode revolves around a small conflict between Mitsumi and Sousuke and they make up in the end. It is simple yet relatable in the way they behave.

"Clearing the air" doesn't always work, but it works when both people care about each other and explain what they truly think. Sometimes the real intent behind the words can be embarrassed to reveal, or maybe just don't feel like telling others in detail, and that draws the line between good and best friends. Glad to see their relationship strengthened after they resolve the conflict.

The show depicts people's thoughts in a subtle and relatable manner. Sometimes we overreact to a small event, sometimes we don't know our actual intent to our own behaviors/words. These are important little things that happen in our life frequently and it is so much fun to watch them going through these events.

Also, it's my first time to see an anime that keeps its study aspect in school so real. Cumulative exam? Let's not talk about this nightmare.

May 9, 2023 11:04 AM

Feb 2007

Shima-kun the Stampede

Nice posters. The Pomeranian Rhapsody immediately stood out, of course, but the Blues Brothers / Super Mario crossover is great as well. :D

And Shima-kun's smile brings out the sun.
May 9, 2023 11:30 AM

Apr 2021
oh god, her high pitched squeak as she realised those signs of love was just adorable. And to make it even greater, her desperate attempt to search for another explanation. 

Even if the storyline of this episode was predictable the way they executed it was so fun. 
May 9, 2023 11:40 AM
Nov 2021
One of the few SoL/Romance anime where misunderstanding is clear within an episode. This is a hidden gem of this season. Characters are very well written and feels grounded to an extent. This is one of the anime where it doesn't take 3 season just to clear misunderstanding, holding hands or ecchi shit.It's my first time feeling wholesome watching an anime. Truly Breathtaking.

Also THE FUCKING QUEEN, MARIO AND TRIGUN REFERENCES MADE ME CHUCKLE. Hope Nintendo doesn't sue the shit out of the producers of this show.
May 9, 2023 11:44 AM

Jun 2019
Oh my god... Mitsumi is just so adorable. My heart just melts everytime I see her being herself. Shima and Mitsumi have a great frienship.
May 9, 2023 11:45 AM

Jan 2021
Fumino likes someone and has her eyes on him. Mitsumi wondering what love is but what's more important for her are the exams. Shima is sick but Mitsumi thinks he is skipping school and those imaginations lmao. Mitsumi avoiding Shima.

Awkward moment in the air because Mitsumi is so straightforward that she wants Shima also think about his exams but he doesn't care about it and Mitsumi takes it to heart. Shima hangs out at Chris's place. Mitsumi couldn't concentrate one bit and those bangs lol. Mitsumi keeping her eyes locked on Shima. Mika taking advantage of their fighting? I'm glad that Mitsumi and Shima talked it out, Shima even revealed some of his past as how he was. Mitsumi knows what's going on as she runs away but keeps it on friendships. Summer is starting soon for them.
May 9, 2023 11:49 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
It was a bit too melodramatic for me, it should be his thing if he thinks he can stay at home.
May 9, 2023 11:54 AM

Nov 2013
OMG this was so adorable I'm dying from diabetes.
May 9, 2023 12:08 PM
Aug 2017
Shima's voice actor did such a good job at showing how new and uncomfortable it is for his character to talk about difficult things and family problems. Usually Mistumi's voice actor shines brightest and her kettle "line" in this episode was hilarious, but I feel like his voice actor really got the spotlight on him today
May 9, 2023 12:28 PM

Mar 2013
They finally made up... >_< and a new feeling sprouted from her with a sense of realisation. Great episode!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 9, 2023 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
This anime has captured my heart more and more each day. The plot now has a new depth of feeling because to the developing between Mitsumi and Shima. Shima's awareness of Mitsumi's affection towards him and Mitsumi's discovery that her feelings for him go beyond friendship are both heartwarming scenes that reveal the depth of their relationship. Even if they end up simply being friends, I'm interested to see how their connection will progress. In addition, I look forward to my weekly dosage of beauty that my heart needs ♡
unusual-emanonMay 9, 2023 1:11 PM
May 9, 2023 12:32 PM

Jul 2020
this is one of the only times ive seen misunderstandings used well and effectively, instead of it feeling like a plot device for melodrama and unnecessary conflict for the sake of it, it only adds more to the themes of the series and adds a lot of nuance to shima and mitsumi's relationship too, the fact that they are people who want to connect and properly communicate how they feel but being too caught up in their own head, it's so human and their interaction in the end really sells it honestly. this show is definitely among the best of its genre ive seen

this series is a blessing and it's on its way to being an all time favourite by the time it ends if it keeps up the consistency and the quality, definitely my favourite episode so far
May 9, 2023 12:44 PM
Oct 2022
it was a fun epesode
May 9, 2023 1:01 PM

Jul 2022
oH nUNH dOEs tHAtat mMEAN sHEE Is INn LEOve EWIWTh HInm!??111
May 9, 2023 1:30 PM
Jul 2016
Mitsumi-chan is so cute. I love her voice-acting.
May 9, 2023 1:35 PM

Feb 2014
As with any friendship, there will be times when misunderstandings will occur, some can be minor, while others can do quite a bit of harm. In this case, this segment of misunderstanding between Mitsumi and Shima was an awkward one for each other, as Mitsumi thought that Shima wasn't taking his exams seriously enough, which his response to her ended up making it more awkward between each other.

Being the type of girl to think about certain things too much, it was intriguing to see how Mitsumi would deal with this issue and, sure enough, she plucked up the courage to talk to Shima in a heart-to-heart moment. Mitsumi had time to reflect on what she could've done better, as did Shima after he talk about his issue with one of his friends from his acting days, before they both apologized to each other, with Shima using this as a chance to explain more about his family situation and as to why he acts the way he does sometimes.

Either way, their interaction here was beautiful. With the rain clearing and the sunshine bringing light to the staircase that both of them were on, the scene went from tense, to pure-hearted wholesomeness with Shima's uncontrollable laughter, saying that not only was this the first time he's made up with a friend since his Elementary school days, but the first time that he's been really good friends with a girl his age.

On that note, Mitsumi became a kettle. I burst out laughing and replaying this moment many times only made me laugh even harder! XD

Not only have they made up with each other, but the deeper understanding with each other has definitely pushed Mitsumi into the phase of seeing Shima more than just friends, even if it's only by a whisker. This series isn't romance focused, but it's done this romantic approach better than a lot of romance series that I've seen!

Overall, I really loved this episode. It's always tricky to get the right balance of melodrama without it being too forced or too lenient, but I believe that this episode got that balance rather spot on. It made the whole character growth of Mitsumi and Shima with their misunderstandings feel natural and that's a good thing. =)
May 9, 2023 1:45 PM

Aug 2022
mitsumi is so oblivious it's just ADORABLE. "i think you can feel that way about a friend too!!!" she's absolutely just trying to convince herself, it's so so so cute. i haven't shipped two leads this hard in AGES
May 9, 2023 1:50 PM
Aug 2021
This episode was pure sweetness, I'm in love with this show!
May 9, 2023 2:07 PM

Apr 2020
EPISODE GOT ME KICKING MY FEET AND GIGGLING AND SHIT 😭😭😭

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

May 9, 2023 2:08 PM

Nov 2016
Mitsumi in denial lol

If only all quarrels were so pleasantly awkward to watch. Misunderstandings shoehorned for the sake of it are often accompanied by a noticeable tone shift whereas this one almost felt like just another day that didn't break the bubbly nature. Seeing that both Mitsumi and Shima took their words to heart showed how much they care for each other and the reconcilation scene truly struck a chord with me. Gosh I love this show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

236 by anii_squid »»
Sep 4, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

140 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 20, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2023

174 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2023

210 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 8:14 AM

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

27 by perseii »»
Jun 26, 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.