Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 27, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Someone sure is trigger happy with that gun...

Looks like this episode is a way to get the Oniky Doink maids into shape and disciplined. This episode was rough to watch at first but looks like the group were able to get their confidence back. Practice makes perfect I guess. "Listen up, swine!"
Oct 27, 2022 8:30 AM

Apr 2014
OKAYDAMONO!!!!!!
This is not maid training, but it is brainwashing military drills.
Black-haired Shiipon is better than the dyed one. I think we can confirm now that there is a human inside that panda, as the manager confirmed it by herself. Unless, it was her misunderstanding or she did not know anything about it.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 27, 2022 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
Of the censored faces in the OP, Zoya finally makes an appearance.

That said, this is Creatureland Group's ethos that doesn't care for anything and everything, BUT LOYALTY. And having a drillmaster in the form of Sano the group dispatch around, this is essentially maid creature cafe bootcamp.

The manager and panda Okachimachi out at this time, Sano is basically their version of Gordon Ramsay, pushing them to the limit day in, night out until the test is done. But Shiipon wants to boycott this sudden training, and it leaves Sano no choice but to give them a real pep talk, like how she just tosses everyone out of the roof, only to prove her point further by saving them in the nick of time.

This brainwashing if you will, actually helps them to concentrate hard, and lands Shiipon into full betrayal by acting like Nagomi on her very first day of maid work, except that her chances of escape are slim...only if she is willing to stick it out with the café, even if her ambitions as a maid isn't something noble. And for once, Shiipon changed during the course of the training, which says a bit.

Manager just rocking a rocket launcher outta nowhere, and Shiipon must've hated it so much to destroy the mark of statue down, truly making her façade full circle. This training went nowhere from start to finish, and good luck trying to convince Oinky Doink Café that things like corporations and hierarchy can destroy their kinship.

The episodes get even weirder, but in a good way. BTW, Okachimachi is human? Welp, that shocks shocks the excitement outta me.
KANLen09Oct 27, 2022 10:44 AM
Oct 27, 2022 9:20 AM

Jan 2015
A fun episode, but my least favorite for sure.
It was WAY too random and felt pointless. We were introduced at least who’s behind the scenes of all, and Panda is revealed to be human after all
Oct 27, 2022 9:20 AM

Oct 2017
Now that Zoya's been introduced her face is no longer censored in the OP.

The group brainwashing was kinda funny, things changed but it went back to normal fast, well atleast Nagomi's skill improved so that's something. Also Shiipon without makeup looks so different.
Oct 27, 2022 9:22 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, our maids learned the true meaning of what a maid is, nice development episode for all our maids.
I give it 5/10.
Oct 27, 2022 9:24 AM

May 2020
Someday japan will have maids serving in their military services too I'm dead sure. Maybe they already have this kinda thing going behind the scenes, who knows.
Oct 27, 2022 9:27 AM

Apr 2010
The first episode wasn't bad put it's been going down hill ever since i just hope this is rock bottom.
Guess this just isn't my thing and i should start watching something else.

The betrayal in this episode was funny tho.
Oct 27, 2022 9:49 AM

May 2015
A strange episode, not sure what the point of it was. Some moments were fun, but kinda too random overall.
Oct 27, 2022 9:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol all that hardcore training for nothing in the end, I felt bad for the trainer she's gonna be killed xD At least I'm happy that the gal didn't stay without makeup she would have lost her identity
Oct 27, 2022 10:05 AM

Nov 2016
So we started off with a ceremony and Tenshou was of course totally out of the loop. It was only a matter of time before she had to scour local trash cans to get by, lmao. A chilling example for Shiipon who thereupon turned a new leaf or so it seemed. She brought back Tenshou to incite a revolt and she turned the tables on the bootcamp instructor.

Hilarious episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 27, 2022 10:13 AM

Jul 2021
just when i thought it was weird that this episode didn't have any explosions, the chief brings in a fucking rocket launcher lmao.

interesting training though. at the end they all probably learnt a little something from sano. i still don't know why they didn't listen to her, they could have negotiated to let them keep the panda and chief.

also shiipon did look cuter in that other makeup.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 27, 2022 10:19 AM

Oct 2011
The drillmaster seiyuu is Kobayashii Yuu, isn't she?
Oct 27, 2022 10:41 AM

Jul 2011
After this episode, I with all my heart wish that the manager and Shi*pon die already. With their thought that is better being prey of loan sharks than just doing the job.
Zoya said in the beginning of the episode we need a capable manager, and Sano was the hope.

Oct 27, 2022 10:44 AM
Mar 2022
Ten said:
A strange episode, not sure what the point of it was. Some moments were fun, but kinda too random overall.

This episode reflects the reality in a satirical way. Brainwashing, forcing staff to devote themselves to the group’s beliefs. Those who went through similar things in companies will relate to it.
Oct 27, 2022 11:31 AM
Oct 2020
im 4 episodes in and im bored. the comedy is there, but it just doesnt hit. i mean first you give me a flashback into someone getting killed, fastforward to FMC (who is frustrating at first but hoped to see some development in the first few eps), the other characters that for some reason, i just dgaf about. they're boring.
Oct 27, 2022 11:36 AM
Jan 2013
Wait, so panda was not an actual panda?
I'm shocked.
Oct 27, 2022 11:42 AM

Aug 2018
We’ll see where this goes, but this week’s episode was shit. The first 3 were excellent and I thought we might watching the birth of a cult classic, but it won’t happen if there are many more crap episodes like this one.
Oct 27, 2022 11:46 AM

May 2013
CosmosZero said:
Ten said:

This episode reflects the reality in a satirical way. Brainwashing, forcing staff to devote themselves to the group’s beliefs. Those who went through similar things in companies will relate to it.

True.
TsutanaiFuun said:
just when i thought it was weird that this episode didn't have any explosions, the chief brings in a fucking rocket launcher lmao.

interesting training though. at the end they all probably learnt a little something from sano. i still don't know why they didn't listen to her, they could have negotiated to let them keep the panda and chief.

also shiipon did look cuter in that other makeup.

5/5.

Big true, Shiipon looked cuter in the other makeup, but it's better that she can be who she wants to be.

There was no way they could negotiate to keep the chief. Maybe the panda. The chief has literally been gambling away sweets money xD.

The episode was definitely pretty random, but It was still pretty good I thought. Maybe it just hits different when you're being forced to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Beeg funny.
Oct 27, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
Felt a little bad for the instructor. This wasn't a con scheme to kill the maids but to make their job better even if the end result was submitting to the bigger corporation. And will share my agreement on non-gyaru Shipon.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 27, 2022 12:21 PM
May 2021
Do maids have to go through all this?
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Oct 27, 2022 1:15 PM
Jul 2021
A Full Metal Jacket parody, and I was thinking how would they turn the table around when I was watching it. I hope this episode sets the stage for an all-out war between the Oniky Doink and the Creatureland Group in a big way.

I guess this episode more than EP1 made me a little puzzled with ??? on my head. The way they defeated the trainer feels not very substantial. Also, they were not just disciplined, but institutionalized. Once that's established, it's not so easy to get rid of. Still, they were only trained for one week, so... I guess the point is don't expect stable results from "fast tracks"?
Oct 27, 2022 1:35 PM

Sep 2020
Great episode! I wonder what would it progress if they actually follow her instructions.
Oct 27, 2022 1:46 PM

Apr 2012
Softhenic03 said:
Someday japan will have maids serving in their military services too I'm dead sure. Maybe they already have this kinda thing going behind the scenes, who knows.

You reminded me of an anime where one of the characters had a commandos maid squad, but I forgot its name.
Oct 27, 2022 1:57 PM

Jun 2017
This show is a parody of a lot of movies from the previous century isn't it?
with a bit of maid features and crazy comedy

I am enjoying the ride
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Oct 27, 2022 2:01 PM

Mar 2010
What a fun rollercoaster, twas funny asf seeing them get tossed off the building.. Tho I lowkey felt bad for the instructor at the end.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 27, 2022 2:36 PM

Mar 2017
...And yeah in this ep we have Full Metal Jacket BUT maid edition :,)))
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Oct 27, 2022 3:53 PM
Sep 2016
This sure was an episode of anime. I have felt like I was on the edge of dropping this anime since I started watching it. Each episode drags me in with just enough allure to entice, and then shoves me back with as much intensity. I can't tell if I'm looking forward to the story, or the action, or if I'm just curious about what absurd shenanigans the next episode will bring.
Oct 27, 2022 3:59 PM
Jul 2020
Weakest episode by far. Genuinely had almost no fun watching it. it just made me quite annoyed. I hope it goes back up in quality in the next episode.
Oct 27, 2022 4:01 PM

Jan 2011
Now, this was the episode we were looking forward. We got character development and progression. They did a good job maintaining the status quo and actually getting better. I like how the maids were like, "Yo, you're toxic but we are gonna take your lesson and then tell you to fuck off." You gotta be who you are instead of being forceful. Sano was so fucking toxic my man. That throwing people off the roof was fucked up man!

This show has really kicked it into another gear. It seems they decided to wake up. Who is with me?

Also, yay Panda is human. Also, if you guys can't see they did get better they just didn't like how toxic she was. They aren't same it is just Sano was toxic. I love her boots though. I don't mind them knocking the shit out of her since that roof throwing shit was her way of getting them in line.
MasterHavikOct 27, 2022 4:04 PM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 27, 2022 4:13 PM

Apr 2022
Too predictable. Show is getting stale fast. Shipon worst girl. Will keep watching because of the deep voiced cake for now.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Oct 27, 2022 4:34 PM

Aug 2020
Mind Break/10, probably made me laugh more then any of the previous episodes. This and Bocchi are the best of the season.
Oct 27, 2022 5:08 PM

Sep 2020
I almost choked when the manager shoved the cup full of tea in her pants.
DarthVasilius said:
The drillmaster seiyuu is Kobayashii Yuu, isn't she?

Indeed!
Oct 27, 2022 5:19 PM

Dec 2010
LoveScope said:
Too predictable. Show is getting stale fast. Shipon worst girl. Will keep watching because of the deep voiced cake for now.

ok tell me the point of nerura
:)
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Oct 27, 2022 6:42 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was whack, the only good thing was Shiipon's suckerpunching Sano
Oct 27, 2022 7:33 PM

Mar 2014
lol this ep is very relevant to my previous work experience where my boss tried to brainwash and convince me to stay when I resigned.
Oct 27, 2022 7:34 PM

Nov 2010
So, the maids repelled the trainer from the HQs of the cult group / gang, but she is only an agent of marginal importance. I'm looking forward to seeing them to defeat the money collector next.
Oct 27, 2022 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
"The gang has a Marxist struggle session."
Oct 27, 2022 7:54 PM

Jul 2012
Well, an episode where the Pigsty Maids were not directly responsible for someone getting murdered (yet).
Oct 27, 2022 7:57 PM
Jan 2018
Despite not being as action packed as the previous ones, this episode was outrageously funny as the show continues to be oddly entertaining
Oct 27, 2022 9:24 PM

Mar 2007
Hilarious. This time we get boot camp, brainwashing, stepford wives AND a bazooka to the totem pole. I don't even know what brand of insanity is coming next?

Oct 27, 2022 9:33 PM

Jul 2021
That was some military shit level training but with it's incompetence in having an ass writing quality, the predictability doesn't play off well.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 27, 2022 10:44 PM
Mar 2018
Every episode only get's even more crazier and wild.

I wonder if we'll get to see who's in the Panda costume.
Oct 27, 2022 11:05 PM

Sep 2015
So some here are actually simping for Sano, her brainwashing and the cult while trashing Shippon for resisting? Wow just wow.

The only reason why the maid cafe is in debt is because the cult demands those “sweet” money. Instead of tackling the root cause (the cult), some of you actually blame the cafe manager and think she’s the one causing the downfall of the cafe. Like wtf?
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Oct 27, 2022 11:28 PM

Feb 2014
I honestly thought that Shiipon looked better as a non-Gyaru, but in a way, she wouldn't be herself if she wasn't a Gyaru. Oh, the dilemma! XD

This episode wasn't as action-focused as the ones before, but it was nice to see more focus on the Ton Tokoton maids as they went through a rigorous training regime from the Beast Land instructor, Sano. Throwing out the manager (who made me laugh earlier when at a meeting in the hideous HQ, she chucked her cup of espresso inside her trousers!) and panda before going full military on the maids to match her standards, from smacking the maids with her pink magical girl sword to even throwing Nagomi off the rooftop before catching her in time to scare her into line.

In the end, while it looked like the maids accepted Sano's training, they inevitably reverted back to what they were before, all thanks to the manager marching back into the cafe, rocket launcher in hand, before Shiipon took it and blew up the wooden carving that they all made together.

To make things more satisfying, when Sano came back and lost her cool, Shiipon sent a sucker punch to her face. Sano, knowing that failure in her mission means death, ran off screaming.

Four episodes in and my opinion on this series remains the same. It's wacky and chaotic with its writing that isn't for everyone, but at the same time, the way it goes about things is still entertaining. It's certainly a fun vibe and I hope it stays that way. =)
Oct 27, 2022 11:28 PM

Mar 2019
This was the best episode yet. Very funny.
Oct 27, 2022 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
Neneaux said:
"The gang has a Marxist struggle session."

Exactly what I thought
Oct 28, 2022 2:18 AM

Sep 2020
It feels like some people here still have trouble understanding that this series is a pure gag comedy anime, and I find that amusing in its on way.
Oct 28, 2022 3:52 AM
May 2021
Avvenirista said:
It feels like some people here still have trouble understanding that this series is a pure gag comedy anime, and I find that amusing in its on way.
Average MAL users who never put their Cynical view off.
Oct 28, 2022 4:15 AM

Jul 2020
Good thing they've reversed everything to the way it was, Shiipon without makeup and with natural hair looked like shit
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

171 by eldaristclosekin »»
Apr 23, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2022

320 by ShoeWithNoSoul »»
Mar 10, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

102 by Sealjani »»
Mar 5, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2022

164 by Gvendoline »»
Feb 8, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.