Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting how this show explores different colonies including one with a rebellious group and corruption. Memenpu and Gagumber's adventure really gives them the chance to meet all sorts of characters in the show.

And Zacrettu is back! So glad to see her return to the show and it was a matter of time.
Nov 11, 2021 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
Gagumber is quite the gambler...who knows how to lose more than win. His good luck to avoid Zackletu and avoid Memempu's suspicions, such a dastard dad.

Their fate to run to Yuri and his rag-tag dropout AreYaar hacking team who fights for justice against the rampant mistreated colony of the same name, and guess who's their boss: Zackletu, who demands the same 1 million payment. Memempu can get along with them, but for Gagumber, you can call it his just desserts of repaying all that by being their maids.

Turns out, Yuri has got a grudge against the inequality of the nobles from university president Dean Trevi, and as hackers, they do the only job they know how: stealing their treasures. Their backstory of surviving as orphaned children is sad, and working together to thwart every nick and cranny of this social injustice, it's a treat.

The fight to the death for equality is a different matter altogether, and none other than Gagumber knows it best to not pursue justice in thei god-forsaken colony. Kinda feels like an anti-climactic afterthought of a resolution, but at at least they made it up with a funny gag though to salvage their justice.

Onwards to more adventures together with the father-daughter duo and Zackletu's crew.
Nov 11, 2021 8:30 AM

Jul 2011
Basic against government episode, that was just to present a new travel companion.

I wonder how much time passed to the interest be more than 2 times the original amount.
Nov 11, 2021 8:51 AM

May 2021
This episode was fun but it needed a little more of breath (Maybe 2 episodes instead of one?), the ideas were not that bad but since they are pretty much done to death the input of the story should have been deeper. As it is, it just serves as an extension of the experience message and to introduce the new character and provide more form to Zac

Nov 11, 2021 9:24 AM

Feb 2019
Is it me or did this show fall off quite a bit
Nov 11, 2021 9:24 AM

Sep 2017
Wtf was this disaster of an episode? The pacing was atrocious. The entire thing felt like a fever dream. Nothing they were going for even remotely landed. There were a few comedic bits but besides that all I feel for this episode is apathy. It was nothing.
Nov 11, 2021 9:35 AM

Nov 2016
Memempu switching sides after Yuri pulled out some proof that spoke for itself was hilarious.

And yeah, exposing Trevi in a similar fashion was definitely the more consideratefunnier approach.

Rushed conclusion, but nonetheless enjoyable episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 11, 2021 10:54 AM

Apr 2011
Marinate1016 said:

It never took off. So generic. I've been patient but it's time to drop.
Nov 11, 2021 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, I think I'm dropping this now, as this episode was somehow even worse than episode 4. Extremely rushed pacing, a very muddled moral message and just a generally cliche plotline and series of developments.

Despite its flaws, the first episode of this show was fun, but since then it's gotten worse and worse and more and more cliche to the point that you're just better off watching any of the many things it's very clearly trying to mimic (e.g. Cowboy Bebop).

An original anime that is completely lacking in originality and creativity is almost impressive.
Nov 11, 2021 12:48 PM

Apr 2018
Probably not the best episode but it was funny for sure. Memempu switchin sides after Yuri pulled some proof on Gagumber was hilarious. He's a pretty good gambler but most of the time, you will lose everything. The message of this episode wasn't executed well and the pacing felt a little bit too fast towards the end but it is what it is. Overall, an okay episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 11, 2021 12:49 PM

Jun 2021
I have to be honest, but I'm not feeling this episode.

After the first few episodes, the vibe I was getting is that this was going to be about Memenpuu & Gagumber's journey. Instead, with these past few episodes, I feel like we are not getting any of that.

This episode was even worse, because now we are getting a story that mainly focuses on a new character that I don't even really care about. Memenpuu was practically nonexistent in this episode.

I suppose it may have been a necessary episode to have Yuuri/Zackletu join the journey, but even then, it really felt like a waste of an episode.

Hoping it gets better from here on out.
Nov 11, 2021 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
New Character Yuri is an interesting people, Your own motivations and actions in this episode.
removed-userNov 11, 2021 12:53 PM
Nov 11, 2021 1:45 PM

Feb 2015
Awful episode, frantic pacing rushed character introductions and cliched story. I think the show is getting sidetracked by side stories, I wanted exploration and adventure not messing around in the city with random side characters that I dont care about. Sadly its going downhill.
Nov 11, 2021 3:28 PM

Aug 2020
+1 member, I like Yuri's character especially his sense of justice & it is corrected by his bestfriend and Gagambur. Nice episode

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 11, 2021 5:19 PM

Sep 2020
At last all the party members have met and the antagonists have shown themselves.
Hopefully the second half of the series will be more focused.
Nov 11, 2021 5:26 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang, that's a pretty steep interest payment....

And so we have a second episode this week involving some not-so-nice orphanages, but this one is probably much easier to watch LOL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 11, 2021 6:22 PM

Apr 2016
BetaMaleUltra said:
Dang, that's a pretty steep interest payment....

And so we have a second episode this week involving some not-so-nice orphanages, but this one is probably much easier to watch LOL

I also watched this coming straight from World's Finest Assassin so I know exactly what you mean LOL
Nov 11, 2021 8:43 PM

Oct 2012
This show looked like a hidden gem full of world-building and mystery and this episode was not that. Not terrible but seemed pretty inconsequential to developing out the main characters or the larger story.
Nov 11, 2021 8:45 PM

Aug 2019
Dumb fun, but devoid of all of the fun.
Nov 11, 2021 9:28 PM

Dec 2020
aaand we meet the last character from the op, yuri! pretty cool guy. liked his group a lot too, we also got to meet zacrettu again🥳🥳

enjoyable ep overall but a problem i had with it was how ..that "talk" for yuri happened and changed him so quickly. like gagumber gambling had a longer scene than that lmao. thats also a problem for the show overall ig, they show gagumber as this pathetic shitbag but then shows how cool he is for a few secs, and he's back to being the shitbag he was. this ep was probably the worst one so far.. pushed on so many things but ended it in such a ??? way, felt really half-assed which is disappointing.
Nov 11, 2021 10:47 PM
Oct 2018
The whole Dept to zackletu doesn't make sense.
Million if i save you from the gang that's after me, then memepu saves her that vary episode.
I thought when we saw her again it would be resolved with "were even now". What's with that dumbass interest supposedly only a few days passed. I have a felling I'm going to hate zacutte. I hate spelling these names so im just going to leave it.
Nov 11, 2021 11:01 PM

May 2021
SuperDuperSaiyan said:
The whole Dept to zackletu doesn't make sense.
Million if i save you from the gang that's after me, then memepu saves her that vary episode.
I thought when we saw her again it would be resolved with "were even now". What's with that dumbass interest supposedly only a few days passed. I have a felling I'm going to hate zacutte. I hate spelling these names so im just going to leave it.

The plot of Zacrettu was probably lost on execution, but it is something along the lines of:
- She knows that Memenpu and Gagumber are into some shit with the government, so she can cash off them somehow
- She lures the gang into the building where Gagumber was, and then purposefully used him to get him caught so she has some advantage over him
- Then she saves Gagumber and tries to get the money to pay Yuri because she needed to hack something (??, there are a bit of open questions about the risk/reward of the operation, but it could have been some plot between her and the guys of Lollapalooza

So the question of which is her overall purpose and why she asked for the services of Yuri are still on the air and will be resolved after this probably. The interest is just a dumb joke that fell flat, but she is kind of like "Apparently evil but probably not evil just deceptive" type of character

Nov 12, 2021 2:53 AM

May 2018
This episode was kind of boring and "by the numbers". For some reason most of the "young rebels fighting for social justice" plot treads are written poorly nowadays.
I mean it's exactly those guys who would be way way better aware to not attack the system directly...more like exploit its corruption for personal gain.
Being street smart or something.
Nov 12, 2021 6:03 AM

Oct 2016
Glad to see Zackletu back, but that was definitely a weird episode. Felt rushed, but we did see some stuff that contributes to the overall plot. I think Yuri's cool, but this introduction story ain't it, didn't really do him justice I guess.

At the very least, the main team is assembled now, so maybe it's time to get to the meaty parts.
Nov 12, 2021 6:28 AM

May 2012
Frankly I've had enough. This has been a chore to watch for a while and it's time to stop.
This wasn't the worst episode but was a straw that broke the camels back type moment.

In hindsight I should've dropped by this episode 3/4 when you had the gigantic drop in quality from the first episode.
Nov 12, 2021 6:34 AM

Feb 2014
Typical of Gagumber to gamble all of the money away, although it was amusing to see him crash and burn while surrounded by hot babes, though! XD

I won't deny that this was the weakest episode we've had so far, but it was still good enough for me to enjoy our duo "helping" out a bunch of rebels against the way their colony, AreYaar, was run. For the second time this week, we get to see another orphanage that was shady and worrisome (but nowhere near as dark as the aristrocrat's episode the other day).

What was interesting was when Gagumber was seeing How Yuri was acting with his goal of revenge, he was reminded of his former partner and how he acted towards him before he was killed off, so I assume that must've influenced Gagumber to stop Yuri from going completely off the rails. It was pretty interesting, I must say.

Either way, I'm hoping the second half of this series improves the pacing. The episodes so far have been good, not it has issues that prevents it from being any better as of now.
Nov 12, 2021 7:25 AM
Oct 2019
Yeahh Gagumber, investment right. Lmao

New Character Yuri and we doing some heist.
Interesting story of their group and of course the boss was her.
Nov 12, 2021 12:42 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Gagumber lost most of his money by gambling it away xD.
They are now working to pay off the one million debt they have to Zacrettu. That colony preaches equality but it seems it’s all talk. ‘I do crime for justice!’ Ah, Memenpu what wisdom! Could just be me, but the pacing of this episode was quite fast. Not that that’s a bad thing exactly. I like the new character Yuri I guess.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 12, 2021 5:23 PM
Jan 2020
IKKIsama said:
Marinate1016 said:

It never took off. So generic. I've been patient but it's time to drop.

Same here... this is just stupid and going nowhere.
Nov 12, 2021 6:21 PM

Feb 2012
Of course getting involved with the loan shark Zackletu bit them back.

kek Memenmpu siding with Yuri/Zackletu after she learnt her dad wasted money gambling.

I feel like this should've been split into two eps. Look at how many eps we got with Merooro. This one to should've just had Yuri building trust with Memempu and Gagumber and the next episode showing him radicalised.
Fortress_MaximusNov 13, 2021 1:17 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 13, 2021 2:25 AM

Feb 2019
After that opening scene, I'm slightly hankering for a Gagumber solo episode. Would be neat.

I'm not really seeing everyone else's complains about pacing, that all seemed fine, the only thing I'd have done is put slightly more focus into the theme of the episode. AreYaar didn't really seem all that corrupt, to tell the truth, the less fortunate slipping through the cracks of the system happens even in a good government.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Nov 13, 2021 10:29 PM
May 2019
This episode felt like it was on fast forward and I don't know why.
Nov 13, 2021 10:32 PM
May 2019
This episode felt like it was on fast forward and I don't know why.
ProofByColor said:
Wtf was this disaster of an episode? The pacing was atrocious. The entire thing felt like a fever dream. Nothing they were going for even remotely landed. There were a few comedic bits but besides that all I feel for this episode is apathy. It was nothing.
I liked the episode but they jumped from one thing to the next in seconds. To the point when they said the orphanage plot was stopped I'm like how
Nov 15, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2020
For the first time in a while, this show actually grabbed my attention. We had this leader preaching for absolute equality, and someone with a disability who would be at a disadvantage in such a situation. Something like this is interesting to me cause it makes for a perfect clash of ideals. Unfortunately, this ended in major disappointment. How can you have everything laid out for you like this and still mess up so hard? They're practically made to go against each other. But this episode failed to portray any of that conflict.

Instead of keeping the leader as someone with ideals that can drive him to be borderline inhumane in some cases, they turn him into another standard caricature of a corrupt politician. It never feels like the Yuri gang is actually disadvantaged or oppressed. They're just hanging out and instigating incidents themselves. Yuri got mechanical hands right away when he was young, so the potential conflict was erased and replaced with random bs. The other kids are behind him even though they don't have a reason to be inconvenienced by the enforced inequality, at least as far as we know. Then they go and cram all that talk about justice in there when the narrative already has more than enough to explore for one episode. This results in unconvincing character motivations, lack of focus, and an absolute mess.
korix_Nov 24, 2021 1:58 PM
Nov 15, 2021 11:50 AM

Apr 2015
Another episode of this being a discount version of other shows. Feels really unfocused and no real artistic integrity
Nov 16, 2021 2:54 AM

Jul 2016
This episode just seemed to have a bunch of foreshadowing for the future plot but at ep 6 of 12 seems too late.
Nov 17, 2021 2:32 PM

Jan 2020
This episode felt so... fast. I barely had any time to process anything. What a drop in quality.
Nov 28, 2021 8:41 AM

Oct 2019
That colony was a complete sham, and the university president of the colony, who apparently was also the head of the colony, was the ultimate con artist. A repulsive little man..

Zackletu is quite audacious to add ... 2+ million credits interest on top of 1 million original debt which she is to blame for (the mafia abducted Gagumber to interrogate him about Zackletu, but it was Zackletu who involved him with them, apparently on purpose). She took loan sharking to a whole new level.

Of course she is not really after money, she just uses it as an excuse to remain close to to Gagumber and Memenpu. She is probably the legendary Marker who left that photo with the encoded map from the surface(?) to Memenpu, the name of whom I currently forget. This show has very weird and difficult to remember names doesn't it?
Dec 20, 2021 4:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm, not bad I guess, Yuri and his crew were a bit interesting but still quite generic for episodic plot
Dec 30, 2021 12:09 PM

Feb 2018
Now I can see why this show declined in its score. This episode was butchered, at times it felt like they crammed two episodes in one, with no regards to how it came up.

It's sad because most ideas seem interesting, even the newly added character.
Feb 6, 2022 10:12 AM
Jan 2022
I liked this one as a whole, but after the second half the pacing got weird; it would have been better if we had another episode to get used to the Yuri team characters, first.
Feb 9, 2022 5:51 PM
Oct 2019
this episode was bad. don't care about this new character at all. didn't find much interest in his group of outcasts

please don't let the rest of the season be like this episode
Feb 26, 2022 11:38 AM

Jul 2015
Wise lesson to be learned, instead of trying to take over an import location, just release blackmail on the leader. Got to say I kinda expected Sakugan to take a different direction given the first episode as most episodes after that were kinda generic.

May 1, 2022 12:29 PM

Feb 2018
President Trevi got what he deserved. So Yuri along with Zackletu join Meme & Gagu? Damn the group has grown bigger!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2021

67 by RioAl »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

113 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:09 AM

» Will there be a second season?

LovelyTekki - Dec 27, 2021

5 by Ionliosite2 »»
Mar 13, 2023 12:36 PM

» yay or nay

Wlad- - Feb 8, 2019

33 by PulpoPol »»
Oct 18, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

39 by Titadou »»
Jul 14, 2022 3:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.