Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 13, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FINALLY, the battle we've been waiting for (and this season's highlight): Little Rookie Bell Cranel vs. the descendent of Daedalus Dix "Hazer" Perdix, in the man-made dungeon Knossos.

The back-and-forth story development continues with the disparity between Daedalus and the Xenos, the long-time hatred of a relationship between humans and monsters, and as if that's NOT enough, Dix's release of Wiene's gemstone that turns her into a pureblood vouivre is just a testament to how badly he wants to create a human-dominant environment: PURE EVIL-DOER KILLING TO THE EXTREME.

In the midst of all these, Bell trusting his relationship instinct to save Wiene out of her travesty, clearly he has the heart of reconciliation that Dix doesn't have. Bell may be physically weak, but while his pure heart saved the Xenos from their manipulation, Wiene is out for grabs by Dix's control curses.

The Xenos and Fels now owes Bell one, and it's their turn to help Bell defeat Dix once and for all and get Wiene back to her sanity. And what better way than to bring the monster-turned Wiene to the streets, to the dismay of the Loki Familia.

This won't be the last time we see of Dix, not just yet. But Bell's redemption of defending Wiene from them truly puts everyone at risk, more than the foretell of his heart and Ikelos's test of the Little Rookie. What will Bell Cranel's decision be? The saviour of all monsters and humanity, or a mere jester of a fool?

Holding my breath for this episode from start to finish, and it can only go more berserk from here on.
KANLen09Nov 13, 2020 10:18 AM
Nov 13, 2020 7:59 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, it looks like the big Taurus is very strong, he makes Ryu covered in wounds. Wiene turns aggressive, and Loki familia knows Bell is defending monsters, I don't know what will happen to Bell.
Nov 13, 2020 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, what a fierce fighting episode. Bell went all out here to fight and survive.

Ryuu herself also fought a hell of a battle. I have to say, for what they're fighting for, these two earned a bit of respect from me this episode. Ais is back again well, it seems that Bell is rather shocked to see their party standing above him.

Wiene's monstrous form is also quite something.
Nov 13, 2020 8:08 AM

Feb 2018
I'm satisfied with those elf, please don't Wiene okay. You did it Bell at the last scene is so awesome, you can protect those smile Bell.
Nov 13, 2020 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like Dix is having it has way in the end.
A lot can still happen tho and seeing the current development things will probably hard to explain.
The question is what will happen next will Bell get his way will he be able to explain what's going on and how will it effect him.

The good thing is we finally see the members of Loki familia and best of all Ais, i was waiting on her.
Nov 13, 2020 8:53 AM
Oct 2019
cant wait for asterius shows up in the next episode and flex

Nov 13, 2020 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
Bell Cranel, the idiot. :(
That's what make him endearing here though, the final scene was great. The look on his face but his body moved anyway.
Nov 13, 2020 9:02 AM

Feb 2019
Not gonna lie, this was probably my fave Danmachi ep, ever. Not only were the action scenes really well done and fluid, but I think JC staff did a good job of bringing Bell’s internal struggle to life which we see at the end of the episode where he makes the choice to stand up for Wiene. Going against fellow adventures. This is a huge milestone for him as a character and is crucial to his future development. Great ep.

Nov 13, 2020 9:07 AM

Sep 2018
Bell you truly are......a fool.
This episode was amazing! The animation of Bell & Lido vs Dix and the choreography of that battle was just beautiful!
well that's just my opinion.....
Nov 13, 2020 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
at least there is some sakuga on this episode the battle scene of Lyd and Bell fighting Dix is one of them

Wiene turned into a complete monster though but still Bell wants to protect her

next episode Bell The Fool lol
Nov 13, 2020 9:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Bell is alone vs everyone to save Wiene, it was so hard to watch for her, poor Wiene :/ really one of the best episode from this season so far
Nov 13, 2020 9:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As expected of a veteran like Dix though he sure is proving to be quite the foe for Bell. Especially with his cursed weapon. If anything the way that Dix and his familia treated Wiene and the xeno's was just disgusting. So the stone in her head was what was keeping Wiene's powers restrained. Still Bell really had guts to stand his ground and try to get Wiene to remember him. Though it may hypocritical Bell's heart is at least in the right place. The tag team of Lyd and Bell though sure was fun and it was satisfying to see Dix on the back foot now. Though too bad that they couldn't stop him from unleashing Wiene on the surface. Though far from trusting yet its nice that Gros is at least respecting of Bell's bravery. Unfortunately good hearted as it was to protect Wiene from hurting others the defence of a monster will serve to label Bell as a traitor to humanity. Now faced with nothing less than the elite of Loki familia Bell really is a tough. Overall an excellent ep that blended excellent action with revelation and lore expansion. Looks like Bell will have his toughest challenge yet next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2020 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
Ugh internal struggle so stoop! Dude did you not think this could happen when you started down this road in the first place, it's been like 4ep about how your basically gonna have to pick a side and deal.
You already dun fucked up by leaving weine in the first place ya micropenis!
Now just put the fucking stone on her head gently like your teabagging a loved one and get back in the dungeon. Then you can work on the prob of bring jizz stain humans and badass monster together.
Besides Ais barely knows you exist and would be a dead lay anyways, so take the top tier loli monster waifu back down in the dungeon and live happily ever after with someone that actually gives two duck fucks you exist.
Collins89Nov 13, 2020 9:48 AM
Nov 13, 2020 9:48 AM
Jun 2020
i see a death flag above dick(dix) and i think the minotaurs will kill him he seems strong as hell when he can beat ryuu a veteran adventurer with easy and i think he will come to bells rescue
Nov 13, 2020 9:50 AM

Apr 2014
This episode ending shows a lot of courage. To stand up the entire society even the Loki familia to say something otherwise. Many people can call Bell a fool. That is fine. But the one who can stand up to society and say something otherwise of what they cannot understand is something to give compliment too. Honestly deep down depending on how I think I would've let Wiene to be possibly disposed of because of fear and being hated by public society/community. But would feel so much regret later.But the one who can stand up to society/community and want to say something even though the risks of being humiliated or something worse can happen to say that this 'monster' or 'person' is different from the others takes a lot of courage. This is a road where the question still remains is. Can monsters and humans truly coexist on the surface world?
alphazero4umNov 13, 2020 9:53 AM
Nov 13, 2020 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
This series really driven from its basic premise to the really dark side. Now I wonder how Bell will get out of this. All people will start to hate him.
Nov 13, 2020 10:10 AM

Apr 2020
Wow, that stand against Loki familia was cool!!
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Nov 13, 2020 10:25 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode.

Dix really is a tough opponent for Bell tho that is understandable since he is of a higher level.

Poor Wiene. Now the Loki Familia are there. That last bit with Bell was pretty cool. Standing up to protect Wiene.

Bell the fool... the next few episodes will be awesome. Can't wait.

Nov 13, 2020 10:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good lord, he didn't just do that! Amazing how the emotions were handled particularly in the end there and that final facial expression was seriously striking. He's clearly crossed the line now, what's next?

Seems like the foreshadowing from the Op suggesting a stand-off between Bell and Ais-san will finally come to light next episode. How very interesting...

Pretty twisted lineage from the antagonist there though, it must be said. Looks like things are still going his way, I wonder if a grand return for more spoil is awaiting now.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 13, 2020 10:45 AM
Jun 2020
man the cliffhanger of this episode is real

also if we look back, bell's powers are mainly due to his admiration towards ais, but whats gonna happen now
Nov 13, 2020 10:50 AM

Sep 2019
Bell Cranel, the fool.

The fight between Bell and Dix was good, the winner will probably be decided in the next few episodes. Bell is trying to save Wiene all by himself, which makes him the enemy of humans. I hope he’ll be able to save Wiene without destorying his social status.
Nov 13, 2020 10:57 AM

Jun 2015
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!! I didnt feel to much last season when watching it, but all good stories need to lay foundations in there characters and given the time between series its easy to forget its foundations. I've a new appreciation of S2 and its character development as we stride into this wild tale of gods, monsters and humans, and quintessentially intelligent life. Awesome!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 13, 2020 11:48 AM

May 2020
So tempting to reading volume 9 instead of waiting for the next episode...

This episode is definitely one of my favorites. We see Bell questioning his motives and the somewhat paradoxical seeming belief he now holds. He wants to be a hero- saving others, but he also wants to save both humans, demi-humans, and sentient monsters. This new moral struggle for him is truly a great character development!

Also, Loki Familia... wonder if it's going to be Aiz vs. Bell next episode? We got some foreshadowing earlier on in that conversation between Bell and Aiz... ahhh I can't wait!
I say goodbye unto you,
And with this parting,
My most beautiful dream dies inside me...
But I tell you goodbye,
For the rest of life,
Even if I spend all life thinking about you.
Nov 13, 2020 12:03 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Bell managed to defeat Dix, but he got away by removing the stone on Winne's forehead causing her to transform into a raging monster that is making her way to the surface. Now Bell has finally made it clear publicly that he is going to defend the Xenos putting his status as an adventurer on the line and making an enemy of the Loki familia.
Nov 13, 2020 12:09 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Oh dear Bell. Soo much balls and so little brains. This is going to cost him his good relationship to Ais considering her past. She's not gonna leave any monster alive, even if it's a little monster girl that Bell likes.

Got to say that I don't like this dark season too much. Prefer this series when it's a bit more lighthearted.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 13, 2020 12:39 PM

Jan 2016
AHHHH the last part was so well executed

My heart was hurting so fkn much!

Bell is well and truly the hero that Orario needs

Kudos to J.C for adapting the last part so well
Nov 13, 2020 12:59 PM
Oct 2015
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
This series really driven from its basic premise to the really dark side. Now I wonder how Bell will get out of this. All people will start to hate him.
Question is will his familia go and stand with him?
Nov 13, 2020 1:06 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
HousmanHighways said:
So tempting to reading volume 9 instead of waiting for the next episode...

This episode is definitely one of my favorites. We see Bell questioning his motives and the somewhat paradoxical seeming belief he now holds. He wants to be a hero- saving others, but he also wants to save both humans, demi-humans, and sentient monsters. This new moral struggle for him is truly a great character development!

Also, Loki Familia... wonder if it's going to be Aiz vs. Bell next episode? We got some foreshadowing earlier on in that conversation between Bell and Aiz... ahhh I can't wait!

You mean reading vol10 later stages... there is still a lot of fuckery on it alone, then you still have the awesomeness that is vol11.

Karmafan56 said:
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
Question is will his familia go and stand with him?

There is no magic switch to erase what he has done, the rest of the episodes of this season will be about him handling this, but also the consequences of what is yet still to come...
The beauty of this arc, is how it evolved the world of Danmachi, a revolution which the existence of Xenos and what that means, and how will this break down its characters, their believes... and the development for Bell starts to get really strong from now on.

Farabeuf said:
Oh dear Bell. Soo much balls and so little brains. This is going to cost him his good relationship to Ais considering her past. She's not gonna leave any monster alive, even if it's a little monster girl that Bell likes.

Got to say that I don't like this dark season too much. Prefer this series when it's a bit more lighthearted.

This series stopped being for you then, going forth the plot will take even more dire and brutal situations, Xenos arc was my favorite thus far, but vol14 in particular was brutal to a point of insanity, fully taking the concept of what this series is all about (serving in the dungeon) to new extremes.

Vol 12 will be your sole breather, if you don't want to see Danmachi going darker, turn away.
You will be missing an EPIC ride though, provided they do S4.
PlaycoolNov 13, 2020 2:46 PM
Nov 13, 2020 1:06 PM

Jan 2019
Nice ending, that dilemma was conveyed really well. But its the character he's imbued with that gave me no doubt he just wouldn't be able to live with himself if he had not made the gesture (its not like I was really hoping he would do it ^^;). It feels like the right thing to do, but it is still so "Your" right.

Out of all the possibilities that could follow, I'd hope someone very powerful or significant from behind the scenes would step out or Bell levels up in some miraculous way. But unfortunately they feel like the less probable options (I haven't read the manga/LN)
Nov 13, 2020 1:16 PM

Feb 2014
This episode really delivered. The tension and the dark theme certainly likes to tug and twist my heart in a way that I eagerly look forward to more. =D

Dix showed no hesitation to show his sadistic and repulsive personality during his fight against Bell. Since he was winning so easily, he decided to twist his ideals into Bell more by removing the stone from Wiene's head, making her grow into more of a monster, as well as losing her sanity.

Despite that, Bell still tried his best to approach her and that helped change the tide of the fight. Lyd was able to get some of his senses back and was able to land a surprise hit on Dix, which led to a 2v1 fight with Dix against Bell and Lyd. J.C Staff did a great job with this fight, as the animation quality and choreography was excellent.

Despite losing the fight, Dix still made his escape, but not before making Wiene lose her mind even more, which would sadly lead her to the surface. While Bell caught up and tried to defuse the situation, the Loki familia made their move to impale Wiene.

Despite all of that, with all of the citizens watching, Bell walked in to protect Wiene, His mind must be a complete mess, as shown by his facial expressions, but this "fool" still made a choice and I do hope it was the right one. Having said that, this choice that he has made means that he will be an enemy to not only the Loki familia itself, but of Ais, too.

The next episode is going to be VERY interesting with the way things are going. Poor Bell... =(
Nov 13, 2020 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
FUCK FUCK FUCK. I can't help but feel so bad for Bell. He chose Wiene over his reputation, love interest, comrades, everything. The pain on his face when he chose to protect Wiene hurt me so much. I feel so bad for Bell man. I honestly can't decide whether or not Bell is super righteous or a fool. I doubt anybody would do what he did in his position, and to think he did that for a friend I would consider him righteous. But again sacrificing everything, I can't help but call him stupid at the same time.

Dix vs. Bell was arguably this season's main attraction (I would say Bell vs. Ais is the main attraction for me). Dix is honestly insane, but I can't imagine what he had to go through with the whole bloodline thing. (Not sympathizing that it was ok to hurt the Xenos, but I feel bad he went through all that stuff)

All the animation and fight scenes were really good, but what was up with all the blood. This episode felt way more gruesome that all the previous seasons combined.

Man I really can't wait for the next episode now. That cliff hanger was really well placed, but man I want to know what's going to happen. I'll have to wait another week.

Oh well :(
Nov 13, 2020 1:42 PM
Feb 2018
why did Bell choose a monster that is introduced in s3 rather than all of the human that he knew since s1 ??????????
i dont get that kind of logic
Nov 13, 2020 2:16 PM

Sep 2020
Holly Shiiiiit! This one was AMAZING!
Really excited for the next one because ohhhh man! the most important fight of the season is about to happen.
Really impressed by Bell's courage, although it seems he went a bit insane moments before. Still, why did Hermes called him a fool? Isn't he doing the right thing?
Just because you're right doesn't mean you're correct Hermes.

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Nov 13, 2020 2:24 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So it begins.
Let me get the bitching out first.

There is never any way this adaptation will fully please me, a really good effort so far, but it would seriously need levels of execution up to par with something like ReZero, to deliver anything close to what I was imagining when I was reading the LN, and I have shit imagination for the most part.

Visual wise, this is JCStaff best effort yet, wonderful choreography and fights, bravo, what I think it lacked whoever was, proper OST.
I m mildly pleased with what they did visually with the scenes, and Wienne transforming, but these scenes NEED powerful songs to follow, to deliver, and so far, the only great track they have, they used it a few times, firstly when Wiene first meet Bell... we need more of that seriously.
Visuals can be good, but you need audio to be on part, and it wasn't.

More kudos for the last part, they were not shy from a monologue and showing how much are these decisions, breaking Bell's personality apart, but if they had used that track I mentioned above, as a crescendo, to lead into all of this...

I cried a lot during the LN, the worst is yet to come, but within the proper context, it is just fucked up.
Are you guys releasing there is no going back for this?
There is NO miracle now, her stone was removed, I don't think Vouvries can go back after this, you are NOT getting your old Wiene back guys, this is not that simple.

NOTHING you have seen in this episode can be undone.
Now is just a question of letting events fold, if you had not realized it yet, the show is taking its story seriously with this arc, don't expect anything to change just to be a crowd pleaser, prepare to suffer!

They rushed Astourious quite a bit, the fights with him were a tad longer, more build-up, also, I forget that bastard Dix gets to live, FROM this event... next episode is going to be even better though.

All critic aside, this is the best JC Staff has ever done for such a dark show, I like to see at least this much budget going into the episode, BUT there are more important scenes, and even more EPIC fights ahead, already starting next episode, so I m worried if they will be able to do as well as they did here, for the final episode, they have to at least do as well as this, and as a certain episode of S1...

Will probably rewatch this tomorrow, usually see it on Saturday (it is still Friday). Wiene's real form is way less grotesque than I imagined, really liked the design there, they did a great job with it.
The looks like a majestic creature, but pitifully sad and broken, which fits right, since this arc is about putting most of its characters through their utmost limits.

All things aside, people, we are still only at ep7.

REALIZE, we have 5 more episodes to go, and we are finally into the better half of this season, enjoy.
And I hope if you liked it that much, please go read this amazing arc in the LN...

firstawahono said:
why did Bell choose a monster that is introduced in s3 rather than all of the human that he knew since s1 ??????????

If that is your answer, I only have to say one thing.
Please stop watching.

Also, in choosing to protect Wiene is the only wait to avoid her dying, for now...
That is the only way he has, and by doing that, doesn't meant he wants to kill the other party, he just put himself in the sole position to do what he things it is right.

Really, just stop watching, it is like you have paid no attention thus far.

SVTFOE4EVR said:
Really excited for the next one because oh man! the most important fight of the season is about to happen.
Really impressed by Bell's courage, although it seems he went a bit insane moments before. Still, why did Hermes called him a fool? Isn't he doing the right thing?

He called him a fool, and the next episode is called The Fool because there is no way to go back now... Hermes wanted to build up Bell to be the next big hero, that would grown-up through times and even kill the Black Dragon (the last remaining big monster behind), a monster that no one was able to kill, and was the downfall of my families, some as strong or stronger than the currently existing ones.

He is a fool because he has a choice to make here, he could have accepted, and gone with the flown, do the EASY and LOGICAL thing.
OR do what no one ever thinks anyone would do, stand against the world, help a monster... it is a major taboo, monsters are meant to be killed and farmed, you would never extend a hand to an avatar of such destruction that has brought so much chaos to the world, and claimed many adventures lives.

Bell is a fool because he realized the situation he was in, he was making a name for himself, being accepted by others, everyone was starting to believe and trust him more, he had this sole change, and now he utterly destroyed it, this is serious, his reputation is about to be tarnished and thrown to the mud.
Expect the mood to be really dark from now on, constantly, he will be shunned by everyone.

Decisions have consequences, there is no turning back now.
Weight this to everything he has done in the series thus far, this is a CRITICAL moment.
Kid games are over.

What he did was utter foolishness to the extreme.

Meta_Yoshi said:

Really, I think people are not taking this serious enough, this is also the reason why I see the LN in another light, there is tons more of context, this was a sin he did.
And being forced to opposite Aiz and her party is just a tiny part of it, the implications are much bigger than that.
Awake people, this is way more than Bell ruining his relation with Aiz.
PlaycoolNov 13, 2020 2:40 PM
Nov 13, 2020 2:54 PM
Feb 2018
Playcool said:

firstawahono said:

If that is your answer, I only have to say one thing.
Please stop watching.

Also, in choosing to protect Wiene is the only wait to avoid her dying, for now...
That is the only way he has, and by doing that, doesn't meant he wants to kill the other party, he just put himself in the sole position to do what he things it is right.

Really, just stop watching, it is like you have paid no attention thus far.

nope, i'll keep watching until last episode. i still hope Bell kill wiene by himself before wiene kill someone else.
she is just a mindless monster right now.
Nov 13, 2020 3:10 PM
Nov 2020
firstawahono said:

I don't think it's much about wiene, but more about bell and his own personal values. What kind of person would he be if he were to let loki fam kill wiene? The time bell spent with them is irrelevant.
Nov 13, 2020 3:11 PM

Mar 2020
What happened to cute Wiene? I miss her *sadness*.

A side of humans and monsters, Bell chose the monsters side. "Bell you truly are...a fool". Indeed he is a fool however sometimes the fool can be the strongest man on the battlefield.

I loved this episode and I am excited to see how this battle will unfold!

Crazy good episode :)
Nov 13, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2015
Bell vs Dix was pretty boring if I have to be honest, definitely became more interesting when Lyd joined in. That was some good stuff.

Oh man, that choice of Bell. There's no going back now. Not only did he choose Wiene over the Loki Familia, he did it while also being surrounded by many humans and Hermes as well. This will have massive consequences and I think Bell doesn't realise most of them.

That look in his eyes just hurt, everything he has worked for, may just be for nothing if this will not work out the way he intended to.
Nov 13, 2020 3:38 PM

May 2020
I see many people here disagreeing with the choice Bell made and calling him a fool. I agree that if I was in his situation, I would not have chosen Wiene (who might not even be able to revert back) over everything I have.

However, we must remember that Bell is a character written as a hero. In fiction, we see heroes as people living lives filled with glory- fight the dragon, save the girl, get a harem (the same way Bell sees heroes from Dungeon Oratoria stories). However, in reality, heroes, for the most part, live a tragic life filled with suffering- a better word would martyr.

The philosophy closest to a hero would be that of virtue ethics, specifically Stoicism. Stoicism argues that virtue (morals/your beliefs) is what a good life/happiness is. Following this claim, one principle that we get is that you must stand up for what is right, even if you are standing alone. Even if you are forced to abandon everything and make everyone scorn you. Even if you must die for it.

In Bell's case, his belief/value/moral system is that of what he imagines a hero to be (similar to how Stoics use role models for moral guidance). In Bell's case, a hero is someone who upholds what is right, such as protecting those being harmed, no matter the cost.

Of course, we see this as stupid or irrational. Giving up your friends, your familia, the girl you love; all that for protecting a monster? Aren't your friends more important?

Well, if we refer back to Stoicism again (as well as Plato/Socrates), we see that the view is that they truly believe you would be happier being virtuous in a living hell versus not being virtuous and living in a heaven on earth. This is because no matter how much physical or emotional pleasure you can get, the emotional well-being you experience from knowing what you do is right will always result in a happier life than one where you did not stick to being righteous. Even if you die, your life up to that point would definitely be happier than one where you kept on living.

So Bell's decision was not foolish. It is only foolish to us who do not see standing up for what is right as the number 1 most important factor to how to live a life. In real life, we see many Holocaust survivors (like in Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl) say those who survived were not the best. The best, those who stood up for what is right, died in the camps- sacrificing themselves for others or the greater good. Martyrs.

Anyways, I am loving how the story is progressing! Can Bell maintain his pureness (his relenting conviction of being a hero... someone who is virtous and just) despite the challenges he faces? Will he be able to bare the weight of the consequences of his actions... where everyone may turn against him? AHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!! The story of a real hero, a martyr, is truly powerful, yet painful, inspirational, yet tragic...THE RIDE HAS FINALLY STARTED!
HousmanHighwaysNov 13, 2020 4:05 PM
I say goodbye unto you,
And with this parting,
My most beautiful dream dies inside me...
But I tell you goodbye,
For the rest of life,
Even if I spend all life thinking about you.
Nov 13, 2020 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
Everytime I think things can't get worse it goes to shit another level (and Lyd and co. still hasn't arrived at that)

I really can wait for all the consequences. For Bell, for Hestia familia, for whole city.

And now I guess his Liaris Freese is also over. Wonder what ability he'll get instead.
Nov 13, 2020 3:55 PM

May 2019
holy shit this was the best episode in season 3 so far
the fight between Bell and Lyd vs Dix was pretty good and well animated
but what got my attention was the final scene with bell and his internal struggle of if he will save Wiene or not it was pretty well done

overall 5/5
AskaaNov 13, 2020 3:59 PM
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Nov 13, 2020 4:51 PM

Oct 2014
holy fuck this episode was so good lmao

best episode of the whole series, like wtf
Nov 13, 2020 4:58 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Wow, this was a great episode all around.

J.C. nailed practically every moment of this ep and ended it at a very good part. I liked how the tension throughout the ep slowly ramps up with Bell fighting against Dix, to Dix forcing Wiene to run rampant, and then leading to Wiene exposing herself on the surface in front of everyone and Bell struggling on whether to make himself look like the enemy to humanity or not.

The action in this ep is also a step up, especially when it was Bell and Lyd fighting Dix. I can only hope J.C. keeps this sort of animation up cause it's definitely what's needed for what's to come.

I'm very much looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 13, 2020 5:58 PM

Mar 2020
Best episode of this 3rd season.
Bell and Lyd vs DIx who was driven mad by his own blood.
Minotaur easily beating humans.
Wiene getting out of control, so she ends up going to the city, and to make matters worse she still finds the Loki family.
And finally we have, Bell openly proving that he wants to save the monsters.
Looking forward to the next episode.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 13, 2020 6:31 PM

Feb 2014
Bell gets smacked around like a ragdoll constantly lmao poor guy
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Nov 13, 2020 7:09 PM
May 2020
That was unexpectedly really good.

My man Bell doesn't simp for pussy, no baby. This will be hard for him, he will have to fight his waifu. That will be interesting.

The fights were really good, I really like how this studio shows blood if it has to show blood and doesn't fuck around. Dix's monologue and fight was really well done, It had some plot armor for the MC Imo but that's fine.

I'm guessing that OP minotaur will help Bell fight the Loki Familia. I look forward to see more of him.
Nov 13, 2020 7:38 PM

Nov 2011
My man Bell has some GUTS for standing in front of the Loki familia like that. Welp I guess next week we will see Ais vs Bell. God damn i do not think my heart is ready for that!!!

I wonder how the Loki familia got their so fast. Who tipped them off???

Bell is not a fool, he just wants everyone to get along dammit!

Not Happy that Ryu was taken out by a Minotaur like that but that had to be one High leveled monster.

That hurt my heart T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 13, 2020 8:07 PM

Mar 2008
"Believe in something even if it means sacrificing everything." Bell is the hero everyone needs but doesn't deserve.
Nov 13, 2020 8:50 PM
Sep 2016
SVTFOE4EVR said:
Really excited for the next one because ohhhh man! the most important fight of the season is about to happen.

Hermes wants Bell to be the Last Hero, so Bell killing his own reputation is a big no for Hermes.
Nov 13, 2020 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
WOW! What an intense episode! I'm speechless, so much have happened in just 24 min, insane!

Can't believe the trader isn't dead, and i wonder if that other bald guy will do something...

So many awesome fights happened in this episode, but that ending! Never thought i would be so hyped up for the next episode of Danmachi. Bell vs Loki family? I doubt but something will happen, for sure... But damn, Bell deserves all my damn respect, balls of steel! He's small but he carries way too much weight xD He turned against them, against Ais, to protect Wiene, damn!

This is indeed, the best season of Danmachi

What a scene!

Hope Hermes will do something instead of just standing there, but it seems that everyone is just leaving this to Bell alone...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.